[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 91

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by FZ. »

Is anyone really reading JJJ's posts? If so, I applaud you. No offense, but I can't read those novel long posts. I'd much rather you tell me what you think of each player and why. But I guess you really don't care what I prefer :P Just trying to explain why I'm not replying to those posts.

linki: Thanks Bullzeye...and Epi. I'm starting to think I was really wrong about you, and though I'm the last person who should apologize to you :P I do.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340

Post by a2thezebra »

I would say that analysis makes espers look significantly worse.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 89

Post by sig »

What is the argument for a Russ lynch?

linki: I'm reading his post and waiting for one about me :P
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:Is anyone really reading JJJ's posts? If so, I applaud you. No offense, but I can't read those novel long posts. I'd much rather you tell me what you think of each player and why. But I guess you really don't care what I prefer :P Just trying to explain why I'm not replying to those posts.
That's the point. I don't know exactly what I think of anyone until I have completed the analysis.

None of these are predetermined. I work through them and develop my perspective literally as I type out my thoughts. Once it's all on the screen I can decide my overall feelings -- and I might as well share everything.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If you don't want to read my long posts (anyone), I always leave my final conclusion at the bottom. It's like a sentence.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Yeah I think FZ has raised a decent point about Russ, and I can't see any other explanations, so I will be *Voting Russti*
Whaddya think of my reviews of Diiny and Devin, which returned a number of pings for me?
Having just read them, I think they're decent. Particularly good regarding Devin - I'm not sure how you can like someone's point and then suddenly not see it. Could be as you describe it, fake involvement. As for Diiny, I love how he was always reading LC but never putting in a vote - in your read did he ever explain why one wasn't warranted?

How strongly do you feel about these two? What do you think of Russti?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:Is anyone really reading JJJ's posts? If so, I applaud you. No offense, but I can't read those novel long posts. I'd much rather you tell me what you think of each player and why. But I guess you really don't care what I prefer :P Just trying to explain why I'm not replying to those posts.

linki: Thanks Bullzeye...and Epi. I'm starting to think I was really wrong about you, and though I'm the last person who should apologize to you :P I do.
I would be doing them myself, but I'm working on something else right now.

And yes, I deserve no apologies. :blush:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

While re-reading a bit I realized I forgot to comment on this:
Strawhenge wrote:Okay, back in it. Also this is the first time since the game started that I'm actually listening to Talking Heads. Like, IRL. Remain In Light at the moment. More Songs About Buildings and Food is next. Man, this band... Regrettably I always seem to forget how damn fuckin' cool they are. Even the overplayed hits like 'Once In a Lifetime' and 'Psycho Killer' are so good. Dang. Sorry, had to get RYM there for a second. Oh wait, what am I talking about. People don't praise music on RYM.
I'm in the same boat as you here, it's been forever since I last listened to Talking Heads and this game made me rediscover my love for them. Fear of Music has been on repeat for me. And LOL at the underlined part, that observation is sadly too true.

Back on topic, I'm curious what Wilgy has to say about this incoming Russ bandwagon.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I would say that analysis makes espers look significantly worse.
If you mean his vote, I agree. Assuming I'm right about Russ, and the mafia went with what I think they did, then another mafia member would spread his vote elsewhere. He voted llama after LC voted bcornett, and either way, that's a cop out vote.

linki: Will reply after
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:While re-reading a bit I realized I forgot to comment on this:
Strawhenge wrote:Okay, back in it. Also this is the first time since the game started that I'm actually listening to Talking Heads. Like, IRL. Remain In Light at the moment. More Songs About Buildings and Food is next. Man, this band... Regrettably I always seem to forget how damn fuckin' cool they are. Even the overplayed hits like 'Once In a Lifetime' and 'Psycho Killer' are so good. Dang. Sorry, had to get RYM there for a second. Oh wait, what am I talking about. People don't praise music on RYM.
I'm in the same boat as you here, it's been forever since I last listened to Talking Heads and this game made me rediscover my love for them. Fear of Music has been on repeat for me. And LOL at the underlined part, that observation is sadly too true.

Back on topic, I'm curious what Wilgy has to say about this incoming Russ bandwagon.
He already said my theory is bad.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I know, but I'm curious to see how he will respond to the fact that you are far from the minority at this point. I myself am completely on the fence with Russ right now, so I need help deciding.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Oooooooohhhhhhhhh HUH BAby you can walk, you can talk JUST like me. /jumps around house

GOLDEN
1. Defends bcornett24's town meta.

2. Agrees with LC wert bea, defends Diiny, and even says he'll change his vote to make sure Diiny doesn't get lynched. Though that's not necessarily suspicious on its own, I feel better about it when he gets on JJJ for not voicing a 'legitimate' suspicion of Diiny. Reads like Golden just didn't feel comfortable about the lynch without more information. That seems largely like a town move.

3. Dispels suspicion of Epi based on aggressiveness. Again, a bit of a town move. So far in this era of the game, Golden has given considerable focus to encouraging actual casing. This also feels very townish. (Granted I'm only on page 1/3 of his posts.)

4. Stock suss of sig and BWT, abandons vote on Ricochet because no one would likely join him on it, aligns with Mac on vote for Sawyer-backwards. Getting on Sawyer-backwards for flying under the radar makes a decent amount of sense. Odd that such a ping got to Golden more so than similar situations wert Floyd and Seaside.

5. WELL THIS IS A BIT OF A SWITCH-UP. Suddenly Goldie is comfortable with bcornett24 as a candidate. Uh. Goes on to vote for bcornett24 here.

6. Very loose defense of LC regarding LC's tendency to build huge fake claims. Hm. Falls in with Golden's M.O. of not so much defending players, but defending them against erroneous casing. This just pings because of LC's flip.

7. Fishes around for support on a JJJ lynch. This is a weird-as-fuck move as it is. It's like, why not lob some questions at JJJ? He's good for it; he loves mafia discourse; he'll answer any question you throw at him. But then Golden follows up with saying he doesn't know why he wants to lynch JJJ.

Hey, you should click this real quick..

At this point in the game Golden has gotten on players for not having a legitimate case for other players, yet, he suddenly wants to lynch JJJ for a reason he doesn't even know? Oh my god!

8. -_-. Just click on it. You'll see it. You've probably seen it already. But just...I mean... And then afterwards with the whole JJJ/LC affiliation... This whole debacle looks terrible for Golden.

9. Plays chicken with JJJ. :omg:

10. For the record, Golden's suspicion of JJJ reads like my suspicion of JJJ in an RYM game whose number I forget. We were both town, but I just wanted so bad to nab JJJ that I tunneled the [censored] out of him. Wert the 'I've never known you to be SO determined' bit here, well, I have known JJJ to do that. I suspected him on these grounds before—maybe in the aforementioned game—but it wound up that, well, JJJ happens to be pretty dang good at Mafia.

I'm not saying that your suspicion isn't founded in logic here, Goldo, because JJJ's suspicion being 100% correct, as he says, is a bit suspicious. How someone can be that spot-on. But it doesn't necessarily mean that JJJ is scum.

11. Suddenly switches his target to Sorsha, and, thereafter, his vote.

12. Gun-to-head scum reads: bea, Choutas, espers, JJJ, Metalmarsh, Sawyer-backwards, rundontwalk, Ricochet, and thellama73. You'll note, as Mac did, that this did not include Sorsha, who had Golden's vote at the time. His response to Mac makes no sense. Why vote for someone as a kind of...what, political statement I guess? He claims he voted for Sorsha to demonstrate how ridiculous it was that she'd gained a bandwagon...and, in the face of being called out on it, immediately switches his vote back to JJJ. If you wouldn't mind please directing your attention to this link. Stare at it while screaming, preferably, for at least one whole minute.
That's all I got for the moment. Golden doesn't look so golden ._.

Ratingwise, I put him at a [color #BB6554]★½[/color].

For reference, Sorsha for me is [color #BB3455]★[/color], but I would say that Golden's reeeeeeeeeeheheeeeeeeeally close to being tied at that rating.
Literally just some fucking guy.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If you don't want to read my long posts (anyone), I always leave my final conclusion at the bottom. It's like a sentence.
I understand your reasons, it's just hard for me to read. And thanks, I'll look at the end of your posts

linki: zebra, did you see the post where I talk about K4J's kill? That was a very weird choice for a NK.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Re: [NIGHT 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Matt »

Roxy wrote:I do read the thread and will honestly say when I don't. I just proved that *you* do *not* read the thread like you claim to in your latest post to MacD. I know what you posted but it was still inferring illegal BTSC which I do not like the insinuation.
This right here is precisely why I continue to get pings from you despite my initial suspicion being invalidated. You continue to make shit up to make me look bad.

Roxy, let me clear this up.

I was DEFENDING you (from myself, admittedly) when I said "Maybe Rbz PM'd Roxy to talk about old Piano days." Furthermore, I was NOT inferring illegal BTSC. Is it ILLEGAL to PM an old friend from a different message board even if you two are playing a game together? I don't think so! I don't think anyone else thinks so, either. So, like I said to you before, in fact I'll just quote what I told you before...
Matt F wrote:If you are civvie, you need to stop making stuff up like that.
Image Image Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

:|

Fucking wrong color tags fuck I mean god damn it fuck Hey, here's a better-looking rating thing with colors and

Golden: ★½

Sorsha:

For reference, if anyone wants to use the RYM rating colors with stars, click the spoylah box for 'em.
★★★★★
★★★★½
★★★★
★★★½
★★★
★★½
★★
★½

½
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

And now I'm going to go to the liquor store because my friend's birthday party is tonight. This may also mean that you guys will get some Drunkhenge mafia playing. You should be excited.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

sig wrote:What is the argument for a Russ lynch?

linki: I'm reading his post and waiting for one about me :P

Can't speak for the rest, but these are my reasons:

FZ. wrote: The part where you mentioned Russ brings me back to my theory that the person to gain the most from framing you (if you were in fact framed) with K4J's death is Russ. Other than K4J and I, he was the only one I can remember that said you were suspicious, and then you came after him for the "deliberately misinterpreting" comment and ended up voting for him. So by killing K4J, he would make you look even worse, and maybe get you to back off from him. I just can't think of a reason that someone would choose K4J out of all people in the game, when he was only voicing suspicion of you, and no one has interacted with him in a while.
FZ. wrote:In continuation of my theory of Russ being scum:

Russ and LC were the last to vote. Before that, LC had already 7 votes, and Bcornett had 5 votes. This means that if LC voted BC, it would tie (due to his 3 votes), and no matter who died, we would know that one of the BC voters was Flowers. If Russ is bad, he could have voted for BC with LC which would make BC die, ending in the same result- we learn that Flower is in the BC voters, and making Russ look really bad for putting that vote at the end.
So at that point, LC was going down no matter what. The smartest option was for Russ to vote LC and LC to vote BC, giving both 8 votes. In case Bcornett lost that tie, they got a civvie lynched and LC has to deal with the results, as well as the rest of the voters. It still takes time to figure out who is Flower. In case LC lost that tie, like he did, Russ still comes out looking great.

Unless I counted wrong, anyone care to join me on a Russ lynch?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I did not, I'll go find it and take a look.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Never mind haha thanks
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:While re-reading a bit I realized I forgot to comment on this:

It's dumb. Russ's vote was the one that lynched LC.

I would like more info before we try to lynch the people's champion.

I am unsure about the lynch today. I need to separate and balance what is the logical solution and what is emotional solution in my head.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Relationship between FZ and Long Con:
FZ. wrote:Rico, you're such a teacher's pet with that table. I'm kind of afraid to make this confession, but I don't know any TH songs (at least not that I know of) :Uhh:

But it's interesting that you say you feel good about me when I said the same. :ponder:

I find it funny that all the votes for LC are coming from the Rym players, and Sig. Where is Sig from?

I personally feel that LC tries to be more "helpful" when he's bad, which makes people inclined to not put him want to trust him. I don't feel like he's doing it this game. He's one of the best baddies I've seen on this site. The memories of Flash mafia still hurt... So obviously, he can fool everyone. But I'm getting a more snarky feeling from him, like he's not trying to please anyone.
FZ vouches for LC on the strength of meta and notes the RYM-focus of the pressure he was under. This was a stance held by a number of other people which makes me think it might mostly be genuine culture clash -- but that doesn't mean a baddie didn't slip in and enjoy an easy defense of their team mate. I'll decide on FZ as I continue...
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Again, five votes from people who don't know Long Con and aren't from around here.

This is starting to look cliquish. :suspish:
Something we agree on.
Support of Epi's defense of LC. Not surprising given her prior stated stance.
FZ. wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Ok, just now catching up. (I think I did alright on my exams) Voting LC for now, not reading the interactions with bea to be genuine. Still really far behind, though.
This sounds like a baddie who acts like he's constantly behind, so he can't really be accounted for his behaviour.
There's something groovy about this, but it's a little out there (in my head I mean, not her actual post). That she'd criticize Wilgy for "pretending he's constantly behind" in response to a post containing a vote for LC just rings positively for me. I don't see this as an easy post to make for one of LC's team mates precisely because of that vote. Attacking Wilgy for his difficulty catching up is not an ideal approach, and I do think it's within mafia parameters to make that attack -- but when the LC vote is present in that post it is likely to give that mafioso pause. At that point the easy attack might not be worth it anymore because of the potential for backlash.

Like I said, it's out there. :p
FZ. wrote:I need to go to bed. Since I don't see LC as bad at this point, I don't want him to be lynched (and if I'm wrong, I'll kill him :P ), so since neither Epi nor Eloh seem to be garnering that much attention, I guess I'll have to put my vote somewhere else.

Will probably go with bcornett unless something really interesting happens before I go. It's not a good vote because I can't really read him, but I'm putting trust in people that hopefully can read him
Obviously this isn't the greatest. This was the first final vote for Brian when LC had amassed an early lead, and it helped to generate momentum the other way. Still, her stated reasoning (highlighted) is consistent with her defenses of LC. I don't think y'all can read LC and I'm not going to vote for him. However, I do trust that y'all can read bcornett24, so I'll vote for him.

Objectively this is probably FZ's worst post. Emotionally I feel less badly about it.
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:"Quiet Epi is never a good thing."

Well now let's see.

Raise your hand if loud Epi ever railroaded you when you were a civilian and got your ass lynched.

Raise your hand if you wished loud Epi would have shutted up the fuck.

I thought so.

I don't see why me being quiet is "never a good thing." :suspish:
*raises hand* :sigh:

You make a good point. I wanna know exactly what "quiet Epi is never a good thing" really means to FZ. I want to know why she said it exactly, a ideally with some reference points where he was a quiet baddie and it was not a good thing... or something. You know.
Oh yeah, this thing again! I think LC was buddying up with Epi, something that would be especially helpful when he's contributing to town-on-town violence (in this case it'd be Epi vs. FZ). Good look for FZ just as it was a good look for Epi, albeit a bit less emphatically.

~~~

This is a mixed bag. Some of it is troubling and some of it looks good. To me this means FZ should be assessed independent of her LC interactions -- which I think would result in a positive vibe.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:

I am unsure about the lynch today. I need to separate and balance what is the logical solution and what is emotional solution in my head.
I think FZ disagrees with your math re: Russ. Y'all should hash that out.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

That is a pretty good case, FZ. What my kindergarten brain is failing to understand is how Matt F's conclusion on Russ (from one of the same observations that you made no less) and Wilgy's vote analysis contradicts your read. I'm curious to hear from them now on the matter.

linki: Beat me to it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

There's good points, and baaaad points!
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Right? More like BerateYourMusic.

...oh my god, has anyone made that joke before?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DrWilgy wrote:

If Russ voted anywhere else, Bcornet would have been lynched and everyone would know the baddie is within those voters. He couldn't afford to vote bcornett himself, because that would get him the eye even more. So if they talked to one another, that would be the best scenario, just like you're looking at it now. Russ saved the day.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Strawhenge wrote:

Right? More like BerateYourMusic.

...oh my god, has anyone made that joke before?
I don't know but I've got to steal it for something.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Relationship between Golden and Long Con:
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Long Con's claim that his early aggression against bea was deliberately false and actually a test is highly dubious for a few reasons:

1. I asked him to expand on his beef with bea and he did so thoroughly, suggesting to me that he had at least some degree of real investment in it.

2. His stated reason did not bear out in his experiment results -- only BWT was implicated apparently and LC didn't even commit substantive suspicion in that direction.

3. It's just plain convenient; it looks like escapism.

We must ask ourselves if LC ever makes the claim that his bea aggression was a test if that conduct doesn't draw the negative attention that it did.
Howe wll do you know LC? I realise that you did not play real time with him in Bullets over Broadway. Have you at all? LC's ability to demonstrate real investment in a completely fake case would not surprise me in the slightest, that's pretty normal LC.

Also, I think you used escapism wrong.
Golden wrote:Oh, I completely should have read Sorsha's response first. The thing that pinged me in there was the flip on BWT, but now I see there was no such flip. Never mind and carry on.

linki @JJJ - OK. LC could be bad, but an elaborate fake case is something he would do (on any affiliation) so I don't find it persuasive one way or the other. Just look at recruitment for how LC can spin an immersive tale.
Golden refutes my case against LC, specifically regarding his claimed ruse, on the basis of meta. He wasn't the only one to make this claim, though he was one of few to acknowledge my beefs specifically.
Golden wrote:I'll eat my words if LC is bad, but JJJ just played the entire end of day to his own ends and played us all for fools.

He had his vote on brian all day and, without brian even being around, suddenly declared him to be good.

I think JJ's play all day has been about killing LC, despite any people talking to him about LC. Despite the fact its pointed out by people who know LC well that all the people voting for him do not.

There are only a small handful of explanations for this, and not many of them feel civilian-aligned to me.
Yeah yeah, Golden hates my guts, but more importantly it's an LC-relevant post. Golden maintained his pro-LC stance (or perhaps more accurately, not anti-LC) to the bitter end.
Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:JaggedJimmyJay, I think you forgot to bold your vote for me in the thread.
I think you will find that the rules do not require him to do so.
I wasn't saying that based on game rules, just commonly accepted Mafia game sensibilities and the request of at least one player so far to make votes clear in-thread in order to assist later lynch analyses.
Pointless banter about nothing.
Long Con wrote:
Sorsha wrote:RIPIYWG guys :(

Long Con can you explain why you chose bea and what your ideal outcome would have been yesterday?
I chose bea because I saw the opportunity to make the case I did based on the things she had said. She's a good target for this kind of thing, because unlike Epig or Golden or Llama, she's less likely to take an accusation like that and run with it until it's a big polarized head-to-head between me and my accused. My ideal outcome would have been for someone from The Syndicate to take my points and agree with them and vote for bea, revealing themselves as someone willing to go along with a case because it looks good on the surface. Following this, a baddie lynch, led by me, as I humbly accept cheering Civvie accolades. Alternate ideal: bea actually is a baddie and scumslips in some way in response to the accusation.

More realistic: it develops some conversation where I get some pings from people and keep them in mind as the game progresses. However, despite opinions that it was a convincing argument, it ended up being too clumsy, and most of the conversation was about me instead, which was less helpful. It could still bear fruit, as the lynches go on - when we end up lynching a baddie, I'll be checking up on their response, if any, to the situation. Maybe someone who accused me of being bad will end up being bad, which will necessitate a second look at bea.
Just a little namedrop in the highlighted bit. I'll call it null because I think it's an accurate assessment of how Golden would respond to such a [fake] maneuver.
Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Long Con's claim that his early aggression against bea was deliberately false and actually a test is highly dubious for a few reasons:

1. I asked him to expand on his beef with bea and he did so thoroughly, suggesting to me that he had at least some degree of real investment in it.

2. His stated reason did not bear out in his experiment results -- only BWT was implicated apparently and LC didn't even commit substantive suspicion in that direction.

3. It's just plain convenient; it looks like escapism.

We must ask ourselves if LC ever makes the claim that his bea aggression was a test if that conduct doesn't draw the negative attention that it did.
Howe wll do you know LC? I realise that you did not play real time with him in Bullets over Broadway. Have you at all? LC's ability to demonstrate real investment in a completely fake case would not surprise me in the slightest, that's pretty normal LC.
Oh yes. I'm a complete sociopath. :feb: Better run run run run run run run away.
This turned out to be a nice WIFOMburger. I am not sure this is as likely to be stated in a conversation with a team mate as someone else though. So that's mildly decent.

~~~

I was lazy with this one, I think we've talked enough about Golden. He defended LC hard and with a gun to my head I'd say it was because he was wrong.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

RBZ asked for my comments on Russ and a possible Russ lynch.

Long Con's role was pretty important. He had the ability to add two extra votes to any player from the opposite forum. Though it is possible to bus your teammate (I've done it myself more then once), I see Long Con's role power as very important, and I don't see a teamie voting him off like that. His power was way too important. I'm sure when MP revealed it was LC who was lynched, the baddies were PISSED because they just lost LC's power.

I just don't see it.

I really think a Sorsha lynch will prove to be valuable, whatever she flips. But I'm sold on her being Mafia.

Btw, back to Roxy, if you ever get your way and I'm lynched, and I'm proven to be civilian, I sure hope everyone looks at your tunnel towards me, and how you've been able to avoid voting for anyone else because of that.

What are your thoughts on Sorsha, Roxy? Civvie or Mafia?

I wanted to go into Golden a little bit. Golden, I don't know what you're doing. If you are civvie, stop asking people to lynch you. I find it highly suspect that you and Long Con both voted for bcornett after Russ placed the final vote on LC, and now suddenly, you are doing some crazy stuff. Let me ask you a question, if you get lynched, will you die? If the answer is "No", then stop asking us to waste a lynch day on you when we could be looking for actual scum. If your answer is "yes", then stop asking us to lynch you if you are really civilian. Please.
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

FZ. wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

If Russ voted anywhere else, Bcornet would have been lynched and everyone would know the baddie is within those voters. He couldn't afford to vote bcornett himself, because that would get him the eye even more. So if they talked to one another, that would be the best scenario, just like you're looking at it now. Russ saved the day.
Assuming Bcornett and LC are on different teams, wouldn't the optimal play be: Take the Bcornett kill, then let us try to figure out who Flowers is? Considering that Cornett is RYM, that means the players we would have had to sort through then would be Bea, Epi, Sorsha and LC.

But no, we don't need to deal with any of that bullsuit because of luck and Russ's vote.

The only situation where I see Russ being bad is were both Bcornett and LC are bad.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Relationship between MacDougall and Long Con:
MacDougall wrote:
Long Con wrote:Bea has opinions about who is Civvie, but none about who is bad. A Mafia member knows every Civvie out there, so can proclaim their trust with confidence. I think bea is Mafia, and I'm going to put my vote on her for now.

*votes bea*
This post set off scumdar pretty bad. It reads tactical, mindful ... I don't like it. No other posts in Long Con's ISO trouble me. It just seems like a nervous first major action.
MacAttack right off the bat. Good look, not just because it's anti-LC but because this is the kind of thing that helped to force LC to pretend it was ruse.

Here we have MacDougall and LC literally discussing the Nothing but Flowers role in the thread.

Mac brought the role up, and LC couldn't resist the urge to comment. Do I think two mafia team mates were chatting the day away about one of their own roles publicly in the thread? I absolutely don't. Towniest look of any analysis I've done so far, congratulations Mac.
MacDougall wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Two players I'm considering voting for so far:
Mac:
I don't like Mac going for seaside for the simple fact that he doesn't want him in the game. Seaside came in day one voicing suspicion of Mac so this just seems like a delayed no u/omgus. Long Con made a couple good points earlier about some things Mac said yesterday late in the lynch also. (If I wasn't on my phone I'd go back and get the quote) Mac was also on HBs rainbow list in yellow so I could see Mac trying to take him out before HB had more of a chance to look closer at him.
Straw:
Based on his posts from the night I believe he might also be trying to set seaside up for the HB kill.

Going to put my vote on Mac for the time being.
I don't want him in the game because he's either scum or because he's disruptive to the scum hunt. He's the best lynch candidate for the day. Explain to me how that's not valid?

His suspicion of me was nothing tbh. I barely even considered it at the time let alone now.

I don't think Long Con's points were good. Pretty sure you'll agree when you ACTUALLY READ THEM.

Also I have no idea what the fuck you mean by the last bit? Setting him up for the kill? He's going to get lynched, why would anyone bother doing that?

Lynching seaside is a no brainer at this point. Most votes, most people interracted with so it leaves the best crumbs. Most people seem to harbour some doubt about him.

What's your read of seaside?
Mac may have taken a long break, but he returned to Mafia in old form. :clap:
Long Con wrote:I'm used to an unchangeable vote mentality for the most part. I'll put a vote on Macdougal for the reasons I gave earlier.
LC responded to Mac's aggression with an OMGUS vote. It's possible that this was all a designed cooperative bus, but... I don't think it was.

~~~

Mac looks like a townie and y'all should do what he says.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Matt F wrote:RBZ asked for my comments on Russ and a possible Russ lynch.

Long Con's role was pretty important. He had the ability to add two extra votes to any player from the opposite forum. Though it is possible to bus your teammate (I've done it myself more then once), I see Long Con's role power as very important, and I don't see a teamie voting him off like that. His power was way too important. I'm sure when MP revealed it was LC who was lynched, the baddies were PISSED because they just lost LC's power.

I just don't see it.

I really think a Sorsha lynch will prove to be valuable, whatever she flips. But I'm sold on her being Mafia.

Btw, back to Roxy, if you ever get your way and I'm lynched, and I'm proven to be civilian, I sure hope everyone looks at your tunnel towards me, and how you've been able to avoid voting for anyone else because of that.

I wanted to go into Golden a little bit. Golden, I don't know what you're doing. If you are civvie, stop asking people to lynch you. I find it highly suspect that you and Long Con both voted for bcornett after Russ placed the final vote on LC, and now suddenly, you are doing some crazy stuff. Let me ask you a question, if you get lynched, will you die? If the answer is "No", then stop asking us to waste a lynch day on you when we could be looking for actual scum. If your answer is "yes", then stop asking us to lynch you if you are really civilian. Please.
But if all votes were already made, and all that could change were the baddies' votes, what would you do in their place? I don't think Golden is bad because voting with LC for bcornett would make them look awful. So I think Golden and JJJ are both civvies that put the mafia in a very bad condition, and they had to decide what was there best strategy given the situation.

linki: Wilgy, I don't follow. What does the teams have to do with anything? Sorry if it's obvious and I'm not getting it
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt F wrote:I really think a Sorsha lynch will prove to be valuable, whatever she flips. But I'm sold on her being Mafia.
I don't believe you've commented on Sorsha's more substantive defenses, primarily in response to my prompts. Please do that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

FZ - If I were on the Mafia with Long Con, I would NOT vote for Long Con, especially when that vote is essentially the nail in the coffin. His power is too important.

Others may view this differently, but having the ability to have your vote count as three in a lynch is way too important. I wouldn't bus a teammate with that power.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Decisions, decisions. I'm in observer mode right now and I don't have anything to add to the Russ and Sorsha discussions, but I will say that I do think I finally understand what Golden is trying to do. The problem is I'm not sure if I should keep my vote on him or not.

linki @Matt - Even if his fate was already sealed?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

FZ. wrote:
Matt F wrote:RBZ asked for my comments on Russ and a possible Russ lynch.

I just don't see it.

But if all votes were already made, and all that could change were the baddies' votes, what would you do in their place? I don't think Golden is bad because voting with LC for bcornett would make them look awful. So I think Golden and JJJ are both civvies that put the mafia in a very bad condition, and they had to decide what was there best strategy given the situation.

linki: Wilgy, I don't follow. What does the teams have to do with anything? Sorry if it's obvious and I'm not getting it
Sorry, I feel like I have been getting sick + I have been on mobile all day. What exactly do you not follow? I may not be explaining fully. Teams are important due to influencing mafia vote placement.
Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Matt F wrote:I really think a Sorsha lynch will prove to be valuable, whatever she flips. But I'm sold on her being Mafia.
I don't believe you've commented on Sorsha's more substantive defenses, primarily in response to my prompts. Please do that.
You asked, I answer...
Sorsha wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sorsha wrote:3. Yes... It's called not being 100% sure because I wasn't. Like I just said, I've seen him do something like this, coming up with zany theories and day one plans, and get lynched as a civ.
Could you try to recall one example of this happening to a civilian LC? It'd help me a lot to believe in your mindset.
If I remembered the game I would have. I know it wasn't this site. It could have been Rev or LP.... The Piano site is gone. :shrug:
Sorsha wrote:4. Noncommittal on seaside because I've never played with him before, I don't know if this is how he always acts but I didn't see anything too suspicious in his behavior. I also didn't like the reasons some people were given for voting him. At the same time they knew him better than I did, but I still only think you should lynch someone if you really think they are bad.
You didn't think his earliest contributions were a little suspect (things like him calling Floyd73 a town read and Mac a rogue read)? I did. I do understand you being hesitant to commit as someone that doesn't know seaside though. I probably wouldn't be able to generate a strong stance in your position either.
Floyd probably is a town, I would imagine he'd be in here or replaced by now if he were mafia. At one point I found Mac suspicious too and like seaside, I have never played with Mac before but Mac and seaside have played with one another before. For all I know seaside was right about him and calling him out early.
Sorsha wrote:5. And this would be the point, if I were his teammate, that I should have begun distancing.... not further defense. Or just kept my mouth shut. Or placed a vote on him. Pretty much anything but what I actually did.
You're right that your defense of LC was blatant. If I were LC's team mate I wouldn't have defended him there either. I think you must understand though why your defense of LC might be viewed with suspicion -- it doesn't imply that you're terrible mafia, it implies that you'd be confident in your ability to evade the trouble that followed.

However, I admit that I am not sure that's what took place. Your conduct in the face of recent pressure shows me that you don't feel good about the position you're in or your ability to stem the tide. That's an important observation so long as one can believe that you are being genuine in your defeatist frustration. I think I might believe you.
I do understand why my defense of him looks suspicious, that's why I am acting as I am. I don't fight that hard because a) I don't have all the time in the world to type up these responses and b) people are still coming in a slapping votes on so the defense doesn't seem to be helping anyway. If I get lynched at least you have my thoughts about who I think is bad. I will flip civ.
Sorsha wrote:6. Like I said, didn't think it would matter and figured it would just get torn apart anyway. I'm not the kind of player who goes head to head with others too much like golden and jjj and others have been doing the past day. i just roll over and die In the past it hasn't worked well for me and hasn't been worth the effort :shrug:
I think your content reflects this statement at least. It did indeed get torn apart, and you did indeed begin to seemingly roll over and die, at least until I opened the door for you to respond rationally.
Still hasn't been worth the effort.
1) You asked her to recall just one game where LC has tried this before. She couldn't.

2) Your ping on her about seaside is funny, because in the same paragraph of you asking her about it, you excuse her behavior. Nice.

3) Says "I don't have time for Mafia" or whatever. Ping ping ping. In fact, anyone who says this gets a ping. If you don't have time for a big game, then don't sign up. Simple.

4) Her defense, according to her, "still hasn't been worth the effort." Ping ping ping. It's not worth the effort to defend yourself if you're civvie? Why?

3J - After looking over these responses, yes, I still firmly believe she's scum.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Relationship between Matt F and Long Con:
Matt F wrote:
Long Con wrote:Sorry to see you go, BWT. Now Rico will just run away with the contest. :srsnod:
Matt F wrote:Straw - To me, it sounded off. "Kinda" and "very" don't go together IMO, in fact, I've never heard anyone utter "I had a kinda very good day" or "My meal was kinda very good", so I questioned him on it. It wasn't a strong ping, but it was there.
But sig explained that. He had originally done "I had a very good day" but edited it after first typing it because he liked "I had a kinda good day" better. Only he mistakenly left it as "I had a kinda very good day". I don't really see any more reasonable and understandable explanation than that one, and I believe it is true.

That said, you getting a ping from him typing "kinda very" makes me wonder. Is it a phony ping? Maybe you could explain how this mistake made you suspicious that sig was a member of the baddie team, because I'm having a disconnect about it.
Per the underline...I agree with you completely, LC. If you'll notice, sig posted his comments. Then, I posted the question about "seems kinda very". And then, 7 minutes later, that is when sig gave his quite reasonable explanation. After that, do you know how many posts I made harping on that comment? Zero. I no longer felt it was a ping. In fact, the following 8 posts I made after sig gave his quite reasonable explanation, I was attempting to discuss the RYM Day 0 poll, trying to link our poll and their poll to see if there was any connection. At one point, I made a post with both the results MP gave us for TS poll and what MM gave us from RYM side by side, and asked if anyone wanted to discuss it. No one did.

Not a phony ping. It sounded weird. I asked him about it. He answered. I never uttered a word about it again until Straw asked me about it, and I answered.
Lengthy dialogue with LC about sig's "kinda very" thing. In this discussion it appears LC was never quite critical of Matt F, but merely stated a contrary perspective. Part of me wonders if this is early scum-on-scum chat meant to encourage post count inflation. It looks like LC threw Matt F a softball. This is a minor ping though.
Matt F wrote:Btw peeps, I'm available for about an hour, and then it's work time.

If anyone has any questions for me, seeing as how I'm getting pinged left and right for different reasons, please address them and I will answer.

Long Con - Since you're here, are you feeling better about me in regards to "seems kinda very" or do you still have questions?
This man doesn't like to leave a conversation unfinished. I'm having mixed feelings about prodding a scum to tell you his feelings about you. On one hand it continues the theme of post inflation, this time to LC's benefit. On the other hand it forces LC to take a stance on Matt F -- that's a tough task for a team mate to demand. I think the latter perspective is speaking to me more right now.

Mild criticism of LC

These might also be called softballs directed at LC (in the midst of a post that is primarily about Sorsha). I'd be more comfortable if this interaction was a bit less... gentle.

LC had little to say about Matt apart from the earlier referenced conversation.

~~~

I don't feel great, I don't feel terrible. There are moments when I think they look like potential team mates, and I also think there is some possibility that LC might have intended that. I'm going to call the analysis null and focus elsewhere when reading Matt F.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Decisions, decisions. I'm in observer mode right now and I don't have anything to add to the Russ and Sorsha discussions, but I will say that I do think I finally understand what Golden is trying to do. The problem is I'm not sure if I should keep my vote on him or not.

Talk to me about Diiny and Devin.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

Looks like I'm gonna be limited to phone mafia until tomorrow and after the deadline, which is annoying. Getting caught up now and I'll pop a vote on some scummy fucker before I leave.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Wilgy, the way I see it LC had two options: 1. vote bcornett and reveal that one out of the four you mentioned is Flower, 2. Take the chance that he might die, but might not, and the flower role is revealed. If he lives, he's back to the first option. If he dies, his role is revealed and Russ comes out looking very good.

In the long run, the second option seems better to me because LC was on a verge of a lynch that day, he's the focus of the game and there's not much hope for him. Yet Russ can run miles from that point.

By the way, I'm not ruling out bcornett being bad, but I guess they had better options than that.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Decisions, decisions. I'm in observer mode right now and I don't have anything to add to the Russ and Sorsha discussions, but I will say that I do think I finally understand what Golden is trying to do. The problem is I'm not sure if I should keep my vote on him or not.

See if you can fit it on the paper.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Relationship between Metalmarsh89 and Long Con:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Linki: @LC, from my experience, the point of the RVS isn't to randomly lynch someone on Day 1, but to place a vote to garner discussion, to eventually develop a better-educated Day 1 lynch. I didn't call my Day 1 vote an RVS vote, but one could argue that it is.
Potential post count inflation courtesy of LC.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Before any quotes, I'd like to point out an initial suspicion. It never sits right with me when someone claims that they will be changing and/or playing with a different style after role cards have already been distributed. This applies to Rico, and BWT. I'm not going to go back and try to quote the comment because I'm pretty sure it was Day 0. Rico stated that he'd be more zany and BWT followed suit, almost immediately after Rico. I do not recall BWT's reasoning for claiming a more zany (zanier? zaniest? are those actual words? they don't sit right with me.) and would like to hear about this. Also, someone correct me if my memory of Day 0 events are failing me.
I believe a factor of the "zaniness" is the ongoing contest with the prize going to the person who uses the most Talking Heads in their posts. Zanier and zaniest sit fine with me, as the comparative and superlative forms of 'zany'. :srsnod:
BWT was on the chopping block for eight consecutive days in Recruitment, but was finally lynched Day 9 and flipped as a harmless civilian. He subbed back in for another player on Day 10, and was immediately lynched on Day 11, and flipped civilian.

His intention to play zanier/est doesn't surprise me much. :shrug2:
LC makes a mild defense of BWT based on "zaniness" and Marsh backs it up. Potential post count inflation again, but at least this one contains a real stance of some kind (in defense of BWT).
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
bea wrote:Lc hates me?!?! :faint: :scared: :pout:
Lc's drunk
This is it. Otherwise Marsh says nothing about LC.

LC had nothing to say about Marsh.

~~~

Marsh is off camping I believe if anyone didn't know already, so that's why he's been gone for a bit. Generally though this content is lacking -- that Marsh was able to participate consistently while he was around and there was still so little substance to his interaction with LC is not ideal. LC was a point of hot discussion throughout days 1 and 2, and Marsh did not take part.

Mildly negative vibe.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

3J - What do you think of my responses to your and Sorsha's discussion? Am I off base with my line of thinking?
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Whatchoo mean, mang?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

Before I read through though I want to post something that came to my mind on the train: people scared of JJJ because of his 'creepy' posts where he's saying he's looking forward to his flip or whatever don't really ping me and shouldn't really ping you. J's perfectly capable of seeming very very town, and I recall in peanuts mafia I think it was that he was being super creepy and ended up flipping town. J's scuminess has shown to me through his reads. I remember a couple of people were hating on j this game for him being creepy and I'm starting to think that those guys are either copping out or they're getting too distracted by surface level j. That said I do remember seeing some of his reads that didnt sit well with me but it's not urgent enough that I'm going to find them on my mobile.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Whatchoo mean, mang?
Talk to me about the game's results first. Information is a currency and I am not indebted to you at this time.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt F wrote:1) You asked her to recall just one game where LC has tried this before. She couldn't.
I'd have preferred it if she could recall one game, yes. Many players don't have specific memories for Mafia nonsense though, I think even a few townies out there wouldn't be able to answer my request here.
Matt F wrote:2) Your ping on her about seaside is funny, because in the same paragraph of you asking her about it, you excuse her behavior. Nice.
I had stated my misgivings in the post to her prior to the one you referenced. She then responded, and I told her how I felt about her response. I'm going to approach every comment from two angles -- town and mafia. Anything else is tunnel vision, and I hate tunnel vision more than pretty much everything in this game.
Matt F wrote:3) Says "I don't have time for Mafia" or whatever. Ping ping ping. In fact, anyone who says this gets a ping. If you don't have time for a big game, then don't sign up. Simple.
I don't think your head is in the right place here. If you're serious, then you're going to be suspicious of countless townies from now until the end of your last game ever. Anyone can have time constraints, town or not -- whether they should have signed up in the first place is irrelevant to their alignment.
Matt F wrote:4) Her defense, according to her, "still hasn't been worth the effort." Ping ping ping. It's not worth the effort to defend yourself if you're civvie? Why?
It's not at all uncommon for townies to become dejected and stop caring about defending themselves. I don't like it, but to suggest it doesn't happen is frankly just incorrect

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Talk to me about the game's results first. Information is a currency and I am not indebted to you at this time.
I don't know why this has to be a trade, but sure whatever. Wait until I'm done with more important business.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Naturally.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”