Total votes: 17
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 6]

Post by Tangrowth »

And as to Trogdor, there are only two explanations. Either that player is specifically withholding their night power, which makes no logical sense when you are an SK LMS role, or the player has been absent.

I do agree it's incredibly strange S~V~S has been gone for so long. I know she was having internet issues, but I'm pretty sure those have been solved.

As to who I think we need to look at, I find it interesting Strongsad mentions Vompatti. I might agree. Not sure. My eyes are currently most heavily on borokkuei, gleam (though I'm obviously not voting for him and don't think we should), and S~V~S, I think. I really want input from other players here though because I have a busy week and won't really have time to do any reading of previous posts -- and I still am not feeling too sure about any particular direction strongly. I do think gleam is baddie though, but not positive on that front.

FWIW, I actually read DP's response yesterday as civvie DP, so I'm a bit hesitant on that for now, but I could be wrong. I've been wrong about him before. How did others take this? Likewise, despite lumping Leamiteo in with Borokkuei previously in the "I have no idea about these players and am thus wary of them" category, I think I'm much more leaning towards the possibility of Borokkuei being baddie of the two. Leamiteo doesn't seem particularly baddie. I am completely undecided on CBK.

As to timmer, Dom, BDH, etc., I can't make up my mind at all here. I am willing to admit I might have just been totally wrong and was feeling persecuted because I know for a fact I was a civvie and felt llama was strongly so. Thoughts are welcome.

I keep wanting to examine BWT because I feel he has been insanely blendy but most players are refusing to give input about him. I can't read him for shit though, which is why I really want the other opinions. What do people think?

Also, I'll be willing to address any concerns anyone has about me, but I will try to be rational and reasonable with them and not overreact. I just am so incredibly heavily invested in this game and I'd really rather not be lynched, and have elaborated on my thoughts regarding the matter previously. That said, I feel the day or so break from conversation revolving around me was nice.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

With 21 players left and assuming the 3 players that have died are civvie... this means we're looking at Trogdor, 4 Blue Laser, and 3 Teen Girl Squad members still alive, and thus leaving behind 13 civvies.

That's sort of disheartening. Especially since I believe it to be true. It is imperative we catch a baddie today.

Timmer, I am curious as to how much further you've gotten in your catch up, and what you are currently thinking. I also want to hear from everyone who suspects me heavily to see if they still do so, and why.

Additionally I want to see if LT and indi have made any progress; what are their thoughts? I suspected bea just a bit before she left (or really, just had NO idea about her, but she made me wonder a few times) and I felt pretty good about Matt F.

Gotta go, be around later.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 94

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 4]

Post by BigDamnHero »

I just want to reitterate a point I made earlier...
BigDamnHero wrote: I also wanted to throw in the notion of SVS potentially being trogdor. I'm not sure about the EXACT timetable, but she was a replacement for Reways, correct? Maybe it was possible that SVS, in trying to assimilate into the game, wasn't sure of her role and therefor could've missed picking a hut to burn during her first night...again, the timetable of her entrance into the game may nulify this theory but I thought it may be noteworthy to toss out there.

Given that Trogdor did not kill again last night and apparently SVS has some sort of internet issues (I feel back for making this case when she can't necessarily respond but the game is the game, right?), I'm feeling more confident that she is the dragon.

One other possibility would be that Fightgar decided to block whoever Trogdor is and has been blocking that person ever since.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 4]

Post by Bullzeye »

BigDamnHero wrote:I just want to reitterate a point I made earlier...
BigDamnHero wrote: I also wanted to throw in the notion of SVS potentially being trogdor. I'm not sure about the EXACT timetable, but she was a replacement for Reways, correct? Maybe it was possible that SVS, in trying to assimilate into the game, wasn't sure of her role and therefor could've missed picking a hut to burn during her first night...again, the timetable of her entrance into the game may nulify this theory but I thought it may be noteworthy to toss out there.

Given that Trogdor did not kill again last night and apparently SVS has some sort of internet issues (I feel back for making this case when she can't necessarily respond but the game is the game, right?), I'm feeling more confident that she is the dragon.

One other possibility would be that Fightgar decided to block whoever Trogdor is and has been blocking that person ever since.
He wouldn't be allowed to block Trogdor on consecutive nights though. Nobody is ever allowed to do that and it'd be kinda a douchey thing to do anyway :p
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

oh...ok....well that tosses out THAT theory then I guess. And while it may be douchey, it'd still be HIGHLY effective, and sometimes the ends DO justify the means.

Looking back at SVS' posts, she hasn't been in the game since Night 3...again, I feel like this is sort of bad form to attack a player in the middle of RL issues, but how can we really ignore the striking coincidences here...
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

Don't most games have rules against targeting the same player more than once in a row?
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by indiglo »

MoPi, I have completely given up trying to get caught up in this game. The game I'm hosting is super busy, with lots of night contests, etc - and there are just too many pages here for me to actually get caught up on. There's just no way, unfortunately.

My current working strategy is to just try to keep up with what happens since I've joined, and then go back and read up on specific people if something seems pingy, or if someone else presents a case. It's not much, but it's about all I have to offer at this point in the game and my life. :|
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by indiglo »

A Person wrote:Don't most games have rules against targeting the same player more than once in a row?
All games I've played do. (As far as I can remember, at least.) No double targeting is a general mafia rule, although a host can do whatever they please I suppose!
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I think due to the frenzy and chaos that is only DAY ONE of Sherlock, you guys will be able to get your seal legs a bit better. I think our marathon of posting has died down a bit.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

@Bullzeye, A Person & indiglo: thanks for the input. I didn't see any mention of it in the rules hence why I thought it may've been a plausible option.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

indi, I understand completely. Don't worry about it at all. As Mongoose said, hopefully and presumably the game will settle down right about here, and I think it will. I can't believe we've topped the number of posts in Grimm already and we're approaching Avant-Garde 2.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:indi, I understand completely. Don't worry about it at all. As Mongoose said, hopefully and presumably the game will settle down right about here, and I think it will. I can't believe we've topped the number of posts in Grimm already and we're approaching Avant-Garde 2.
What's the record, MOTU?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mongoose wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:indi, I understand completely. Don't worry about it at all. As Mongoose said, hopefully and presumably the game will settle down right about here, and I think it will. I can't believe we've topped the number of posts in Grimm already and we're approaching Avant-Garde 2.
What's the record, MOTU?
Correct. If this game even gets close to that, I'd be incredibly impressed, considering MOTU is by far the longest game I've ever seen hosted (ending at a whopping Night 22).
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
What's the record, MOTU?
Correct. If this game even gets close to that, I'd be incredibly impressed, considering MOTU is by far the longest game I've ever seen hosted (ending at a whopping Night 22).
Is it the longest in terms of sheer number of posts also?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 104

Post by borokkuei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Borokkuei, how could you have had no read on llama whatsoever?
I'm not sure how to answer this really.

I guess, based on the content of his posts, I couldn't decide whether I thought he was good or bad. I feel that way about all of the players, really. How you all make inferences based on the text here is baffling.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

borokkuei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I guess, based on the content of his posts, I couldn't decide whether I thought he was good or bad. I feel that way about all of the players, really. How you all make inferences based on the text here is baffling.
Judging by the number of civs I've seen lynched in games, a lot of the time it's mostly just guessing or a baddie being tricksy.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Sometimes slip ups too.

I think voting record is more dispositive.

Also, I think you might be bad.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

borokkuei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I understand, but certainly there are inferences to be made. For example, llama clearly survived a lynch, and there are only certain roles that can do that, only one of which is baddie.

So you had no opinion whatsoever even despite this fact?

Mongoose wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
What's the record, MOTU?
Is it the longest in terms of sheer number of posts also?
Longest on this site, yes. Longest I've ever seen, no. That would go to Recruitment Mafia: A Call to Arms, which was my second mafia game ever and still probably my all-time favorite (or at least up there), and I'm pretty sure that one was somewhere in the vicinity of 9,200 posts.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

What site was Recruitment Mafia on? (In case I want to have a skimmy skim). Thanks!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mongoose wrote:Sometimes slip ups too.

I think voting record is more dispositive.

Also, I think you might be bad.
Baddies have been caught in many games for concrete, legitimate reasons. It just isn't always the case... far from it.

I really think he might be bad too, but I'm trying to think it all through. The last thing we need is another civvie lynch right now. It did bother me how he was latching onto Matt F's suspicions clearly, earlier in the game though... and now he refuses to take sides on llama even though he previously expressed he was baddie?

I don't think so. The inconsistencies seem a bit weird to me. There's a difference between civvie inconsistencies and those of a baddie, who doesn't care who he gets lynched as long as it's not himself and his teammates.

Add the fact that he "survived" his kill on Night 2 and his general behavior, I am not feeling too good about him.

Linki with Mongoose: It was on The Piano, which unfortunately is now defunct.
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
borokkuei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I understand, but certainly there are inferences to be made. For example, llama clearly survived a lynch, and there are only certain roles that can do that, only one of which is baddie.

So you had no opinion whatsoever even despite this fact?
Oh, I didn't know that about the "survived a lynch thing"-- that he has previously almost been lynch, survived it, and the ratio of civ to bad roles that had that power.

I think everyone is underestimating the degree at which I am totally not paying attention to anything. If that makes me look like a baddie, then I guess I agree, but by now there's nothing I can do about that.

linki: again, I dunno why I survived that trogdor thing. All I know is that it was a "host error". For all I know, someone messaged daisy with a message like "lol I'm trogdor kill brorokrkuieiiiiiii"
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

* and they weren't actually trogdor *

Is there a way to edit posts on this site?
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

borokkuei wrote:* and they weren't actually trogdor *

Is there a way to edit posts on this site?
You can't edit posts in mafia games, but you can in other parts of the forum.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Borok - If you need to edit something, just make an additional post and put "EBWOP" at the beginning (it stands for Edited By Way of Post). It lets us know that you want to edit or add something to your post (or even clarify) but the hosts can't allow editing of game posts for obvious reasons.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Now you know! So I find it interesting that you and others are really trying to convince anyone else that llama could have actually been baddie... to me, it either is thread manipulation or its just flat out ignorance... which I can understand, but I and others had a huge discussion on this previously, and it has come up multiple times since then, so IDK. I do realize it has been a lot to read, so I get that.

I am trying to take that into consideration, but you can understand how it could be interpreted that your intentions could possibly be nefarious.

And there is a way to edit posts, but not in this forum, for obvious reasons (someone could edit something they previously said, which would be problematic).

Borokkuei, what do you think of Dom?
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

omg k thx :D

Still getting used to this :sigh:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 257

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Borokkuei, what do you think of Dom?
I think he is late with the host post in Into The Woods. And that makes me feel angry!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

lol llama
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

borokkuei wrote:omg k thx :D

Still getting used to this :sigh:
That's ok, nanaka-chan ^_^ There is a learning curve to it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Borokkuei, what do you think of Dom?
I think he is late with the host post in Into The Woods. And that makes me feel angry!
With all due respect, good sir, I wasn't asking you! :p

Also, yay for procrastinating and goofing off in a mafia game when I should be being productive.
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Now you know! So I find it interesting that you and others are really trying to convince anyone else that llama could have actually been baddie... to me, it either is thread manipulation or its just flat out ignorance... which I can understand, but I and others had a huge discussion on this previously, and it has come up multiple times since then, so IDK. I do realize it has been a lot to read, so I get that.

I am trying to take that into consideration, but you can understand how it could be interpreted that your intentions could possibly be nefarious.

And there is a way to edit posts, but not in this forum, for obvious reasons (someone could edit something they previously said, which would be problematic).

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything -- that would be ridiculous considering that I really don't have an opinion on anyone yet other than what other people have been saying. Right now I've gathered that gleam could possibly be the cheerleader, and I do find his survival of the lynch to be odd, but it's also possible that he could be a civ that was protected by another civ, right?

Based on what I've read of Dom's posts, he seems like a pretty cool guy.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

borokkuei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Now you know! So I find it interesting that you and others are really trying to convince anyone else that llama could have actually been baddie... to me, it either is thread manipulation or its just flat out ignorance... which I can understand, but I and others had a huge discussion on this previously, and it has come up multiple times since then, so IDK. I do realize it has been a lot to read, so I get that.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything -- that would be ridiculous considering that I really don't have an opinion on anyone yet other than what other people have been saying. Right now I've gathered that gleam could possibly be the cheerleader, and I do find his survival of the lynch to be odd, but it's also possible that he could be a civ that was protected by another civ, right?

Okay, but what do your teammates think about Dom?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

borokkuei wrote:

That is possible, but very unlikely. Crackotage is the only role that can lynch stop, and I imagine that player would save those for himself (which could be gleam), considering that player only would know with certainty that he is civvie and not anyone else. The only other possibilities are Homestar (unlikely), Homsar, or The Cheerleader.

You don't have any particular game-related thoughts on Dom?
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

Mongoose wrote:
borokkuei wrote:

Okay, but what do your teammates think about Dom?
wtf we have teammates?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
borokkuei wrote:

That is possible, but very unlikely. Crackotage is the only role that can lynch stop, and I imagine that player would save those for himself (which could be gleam), considering that player only would know with certainty that he is civvie and not anyone else. The only other possibilities are Homestar (unlikely), Homsar, or The Cheerleader.

Yeah, you'd have to be really dang sure if you were Crackotage. Probably would save for oneself.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
borokkuei wrote:

Not really. All of the players seem neutral to me, which I guess means everyone is playing very well.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

borokkuei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
borokkuei wrote:

Not really. All of the players seem neutral to me, which I guess means everyone is playing very well.
That's interesting, considering you made this post two mafia day periods ago:
borokkuei wrote:
Dom wrote:
I never said I wanted to lynch you. I said I wanted to talk about you. I said I found you fishy. I've never voted for you.

But I have to vote now. And I'm voting for you. I am expressing explicit interest in Snow Dog and Lizzy, however.
If you don't want to lynch him but only find him fishy, why would you vote for him now?

If you are expressing explicit interest in Snow Dog and Lizzy, why don't you vote for either of them?

Your words vs actions confuses and pings me. :eye:
Interesting indeed.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

borokkuei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
borokkuei wrote:

I feel that way a lot. Sometimes someone will scream baddie at me (or vice versa), but it's all in the nuance (for my analysis anyway).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
borokkuei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
borokkuei wrote:

borokkuei wrote:
Dom wrote:
I never said I wanted to lynch you. I said I wanted to talk about you. I said I found you fishy. I've never voted for you.

But I have to vote now. And I'm voting for you. I am expressing explicit interest in Snow Dog and Lizzy, however.
If you don't want to lynch him but only find him fishy, why would you vote for him now?

If you are expressing explicit interest in Snow Dog and Lizzy, why don't you vote for either of them?

Interesting indeed.

True, and that still makes me suspicious of you slightly I guess, but I think my logic makes sense on that. But, based on the overall scope of what's been said in the game, I don't have enough on anyone in particular to be confident in saying anyone is civ or bad. I was pinged at the moment, but not entirely convinced. If I actually were convinced, I'd be parading my opinion endlessly like most people do :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

borokkuei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
borokkuei wrote:
borokkuei wrote:
Dom wrote:

Interesting indeed.

True, and that still makes me suspicious of you slightly I guess, but I think my logic makes sense on that. But, based on the overall scope of what's been said in the game, I don't have enough on anyone in particular to be confident in saying anyone is civ or bad. I was pinged at the moment, but not entirely convinced. If I actually were convinced, I'd be parading my opinion endlessly like most people do :p
Woah, what? Why would that make you suspicious of me?
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
borokkuei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
borokkuei wrote:
borokkuei wrote:
Dom wrote:

Interesting indeed.

Woah, what? Why would that make you suspicious of me?
OH! that was Dom!

I thought that was a quote from you.

Well in that case, yeah, I guess I was pinged by Dom at the time. Everything I said in there is about Dom, not you.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You made a very astute observation at that time, and yet you have no opinion of him now... or anyone else for that matter?

I'm just trying to understand, that's all.
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

I thought my observation made sense, but nobody went along with it so I assumed what I said was probably wrong or something.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I was leaning toward a Borok vote for Day 6, but I think he suffers more from a self confidence crisis and not baddie guilt, so I'll look elsewhere.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Self confidence crisis in RE: the game, obv.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

borokkuei wrote:I thought my observation made sense, but nobody went along with it so I assumed what I said was probably wrong or something.
It's an interesting point, really.

I realize that civvies can just be as illogical as baddies; it's a matter of attempting to interpret whether one believes a person is being sincere or is faking it to achieve sinister motives.

I appreciate your elaborations nonetheless.
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

Mongoose wrote:Self confidence crisis in RE: the game, obv.

K :p I was slightly offended but not anymore.

Either way, I do lack confidence in most areas of life.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Mongoose wrote:I was leaning toward a Borok vote for Day 6, but I think he suffers more from a self confidence crisis and not baddie guilt, so I'll look elsewhere.
I would agree. I can also relate to that. :hugs:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mongoose wrote:I was leaning toward a Borok vote for Day 6, but I think he suffers more from a self confidence crisis and not baddie guilt, so I'll look elsewhere.
I think I agree, actually. I know Borokkuei... and I'm not sure I'm convinced he's a great place to look anymore. I'm not sure though.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a baddie lying amongst Dom, timmer, BDH, CBK, etc., but I'm not sure how to snuff one out, and I feel incredibly biased on the matter.

I also feel S~V~S, Vompatti, and other players might be interesting leads, as I mentioned earlier.

We have had five whole day periods, and interestingly, not much discussion has revolved around voting records. There has to be something in those, I would think, but I feel up through this point there have been too many variables to tell, and way too many civvies under main fire. Gleam's lynch yesterday doesn't help the matter, considering if he is baddie, his teammates could have done anything. Analyzing Elohcin's Day 1 lynch has gotten us nowhere good (see: Hedgeowl) as well.

Mongoose, what do you think of BWT and juliets, as well as Dom, timmer, and Snow Dog, out of curiosity?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

BDH, I also want to know what you're currently thinking. You've had some interesting observations to make, but you haven't really voiced any suspicions lately... any ideas?

Return to “Previous Jobs”