Total votes: 14
sanmateo
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by sanmateo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Im going to go ahead a vote BR I think she is bad news.
of the people who voted for br, bass is the only one who i think could be scum, only because he does the "yeah good points *votes*"
what significance do you think there is in the fact that Bass's vote broke a 3-3 tie with aether to give BR the lead?
ah i hadnt thought of that, i guess i wasnt considering it because of guns and butter stuff
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 722
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [NIGHT 3]

Post by Tangrowth »

Not here for long.

A Rox/Splints team isn't out of the question, but all I know is that splints needs to be lynched tomorrow. She's been caught red-handed.

No, I do NOT want to do another song. I've been embarrassed enough as is. Though I appreciate your enthusiasm, G-Man. :P

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: and i am sure other people will perceive this content differently to me, so let's talk about it. i understand 75% of the people will see the massive posts and roll their eyes though. :p
Know this feel.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Not here for long.

A Rox/Splints team isn't out of the question, but all I know is that splints needs to be lynched tomorrow. She's been caught red-handed.

No, I do NOT want to do another song. I've been embarrassed enough as is. Though I appreciate your enthusiasm, G-Man. :P

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: and i am sure other people will perceive this content differently to me, so let's talk about it. i understand 75% of the people will see the massive posts and roll their eyes though. :p
Know this feel.
Explain please. You keep saying that splints is bad but have provided no reasoning and now I am bad with her on team bc she called out a mafia day 1 got hounded for tunneling then when makes a great case on ATE and follows through with a vote and br is lynched and since she did not vote br that day she is a baddie teammie with her and bc I defended splints I am bad?

You must really think I am a shitty player to be so obv with a teamie.

Golden - robustly huh? then why did players say I should have defended you more strongly to help sway your lynch? funny you say robust but others thought I did very little.

Can you quote where I robustly defended you prior to your lynch?
;)
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I voted GMan bc of vocal range and coolness of tune.
;)
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 231

Post by fingersplints »

Know this feel.
MP is so full of shit it isn't even funny. When you all follow his lame and senseless "case" and I am lynched do me a favor and lynch him next. I am a civvie and he is not. I'm exhausted from fighting these silly accusations.

I am the one tunneling and hounding and what're negative connotation you want to put on my play style next. I was right and I am quite proud of how awesome I have been at identifying baddies lately.
I voted aether because I am also suspicious of her and fairly certain she is bad yet I get shit for not voting my "top suspect". MP voted BR despite the fact that I am clearly his top suspect and he didn't even actually provide ANY reasoning why he really thought she was bad and MY vote is sketchy. It's crazy.

Lynch MP next. If you don't, lynch him after you waste one on me.

Linki - I forgot to say I voted GMan early. I'm not sure why only these two got chosen. I doubt it's for a prize since it seems unfair to only give two the option of winning it, but just in case it is I voted G for that reason. I'm not giving a baddie a prize
Gro-oo-ovy
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Spacedaisy wrote:to the player responsible for that display, I would like to express my deepest thanks. Blackmail for YEARS to come....! :haha: :feb:
I think we have something to play to the audience at the wedding reception now. :feb:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Whatever not what're. I didnt proofread anything so probably a ton others

Also these videos reminded me of that time Dom had that singing competition in Glee mafia. :D too bad LC wasn't playing this game - his was the best then!
Gro-oo-ovy
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

fingersplints wrote:

Know this feel.
MP is so full of shit it isn't even funny. When you all follow his lame and senseless "case" and I am lynched do me a favor and lynch him next. I am a civvie and he is not. I'm exhausted from fighting these silly accusations.

I am the one tunneling and hounding and what're negative connotation you want to put on my play style next. I was right and I am quite proud of how awesome I have been at identifying baddies lately.
I voted aether because I am also suspicious of her and fairly certain she is bad yet I get shit for not voting my "top suspect". MP voted BR despite the fact that I am clearly his top suspect and he didn't even actually provide ANY reasoning why he really thought she was bad and MY vote is sketchy. It's crazy.

Linki - I forgot to say I voted GMan early. I'm not sure why only these two got chosen. I doubt it's for a prize since it seems unfair to only give two the option of winning it, but just in case it is I voted G for that reason. I'm not giving a baddie a prize
do you think mp not voting for you when you were his top suspect and you not voting for br when she was (apparently) your top suspect are similar actions then?

i guess people arent really questioning him because before/after he voted he did that "HOLD UP I HAVE TO GO NOW *does 300 more posts* routine a few times, but i think if he was scum voting for black rock when there was 2 votes already for acrosstheaether would be a bit counter-intuitive, and if acrosstheaether is scum as well he could've voted for bass who is a player he had already questioned a lot iirc. this is all a bit wifom-y but its enough to make me trust him for now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Splints, show me where I named you my top suspect. You can't because I never did.
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Splints, show me where I named you my top suspect. You can't because I never did.
you did agree with me that you would've rather lynched her over br towards the end of the day
MovingPictures07 wrote:I do wish we had lynched splints today, but I did feel better about the BR case until these very recent posts by splints. Hopefully BR is still bad.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 358
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

ITT: nobody has a exact, clear cut opinion on who their big suspect is and nobody lynches based on their exact suspect order.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sanmateo, that is correct, but only after the lynch was pretty much decided and we had this series of posts:
fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm voting BR, I won't have time to come back before the deadline. This final exam is killing me.

Splints, I just don't understand how you go from only really suspecting BR to being able to rank literally everyone in the game, but with no explanation other than "just gut feels I guess". Can you not see how that seems unclear or perhaps fabricated?

I never said you weren't allowed to vote for whomever you want. That's false. I just don't understand why you're voting aether when you suspect BR more heavily, except for the fact that people started suddenly pushing towards an aether vote. Seems opportunistic.

What does "interesting" mean? You suspect me or not? That's vague as hell. Am I not allowed to question you while voting for someone else?
I didn't go from only suspecting BR. There are more then one baddie so I was never only going to suspect one person. Days went on and I developed more suspicions. I don't see that how is unclear or fabricated.
I ranked everyone because it's really getting exhausting to feel like you are being accused of bad for not making a list :shrug2:

you said I was suspicious for not voting BR despite that you keep pushing that.
That is not false. You implied not voting BR was wrong while still suspecting BR yourself. And more people are pushing BR then aether. Wouldn't it have made more sense to stick with my BR vote? No I votes aether early for pressure and because it isn't even the slightest oppurtunistic

I don't think it's vague as hell at all. It's pretty crystal clear. You and BR are teammates and you have been suspecting her without much reason or conviction while it's clear you "suspect" me more. Are you serious with that last question? Because you have literally been suspecting me for voting aether despite the fact that I also suspect BR. Quite a double standard that you expect to be held to different expectations then you are giving for everyone else.
fingersplints wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I
I don't think it's vague as hell at all. It's pretty crystal clear. You and BR are teammates and you have been suspecting her without much reason or conviction while it's clear you "suspect" me more. Are you serious with that last question? Because you have literally been suspecting me for voting aether despite the fact that I also suspect BR. Quite a double standard that you expect to be held to different expectations then you are giving for everyone else.
why did you vote for acrosstheaether over either of them?
Because I think aether is bad too.
fingersplints wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I
why did you vote for acrosstheaether over either of them?
Because I think aether is bad too.
don't you think it would've been more convenient to vote black rock that way you could confirm at least half of your theory of them being teammates is right? then you could move forward on the next day knowing whether or not you are right or wrong. that's how i would act if i thought it was crystal clear that 2 players were linked. voting for a third player who i also think is bad seems counter-productive when you are THAT sure
Because I'm a civvie. I'm not voting for what's convenient I'm voting based off what I think. I'm not sure as in I don't have info on anyone and I don't have any reason to think either has a more threatening role, so voting for another person I am suspicious of is exactly the same to me.
fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I do wish we had lynched splints today, but I did feel better about the BR case until these very recent posts by splints. Hopefully BR is still bad.

I see what MM was on about the transparent thing now. no wonder you killed him.
fingersplints wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Yeah its been pretty dead in here. DDL why do you think Splints would be a better lynch?
When did I ever say I think that?
My Bad Sanmateo said it.
she thinks its crystal clear that 2 persons are bad but then she votes for someone else. that's a pretty obvious scum-tell imo
I think it's clear 3 people are bad. not 2
And long after I voted for BR.

Splints is trying to argue that she was my top suspect at the time I cast my vote for BR, yes?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ah, forgot about spoiler tags! Using those now.

Also, splints, you say I have built a "case". Where is such a case? I have not built a case.

Rox, you say I have "provided no reasoning". May I direct you to all of the following:
Spoiler: show
MovingPictures07 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:So I'm a bit torn on MP. I think that the thing that bothers me the most is actually that I feel like a lot of his posts have a "tell me why I'm bad" demanding vibe going on, and I associate that more with a baddie. The timing thing doesn't bother me (although I totes get where Epi is coming from - it could be he just didn't want to answer that question hoping it would be forgotten) and although I think the Gman thing is weird I don't think makes him bad. The same thing could be pointed out about MP - why even bring up the question of if it is faked when it would draw so much attention for it.
Golden and TH are also bothering me by their different play but I'm not sure it makes either bad necessarily.

BR is still my biggest suspect for defending MP and then saying she wasn't defending him. I will probably be voting there.
ALARM BELLS.

You are my new suspect.

Will elaborate fully when I don't have only like 2 minutes away from class.
" no u"

Lol alright MP
This isn't a NO U, especially since you visibly say that "I'm torn" on MP and that you "don't think it makes him bad", as above. I love how you waited for me to explain before denouncing whatever I could possibly come up with as a NO U. It's not that you talked about me only that I suspect you, it's what you've said, but also what you've failed to say. Also, it's VERY ironic that you claim NO U on me here. More on that in a bit.

First, please substantiate your claim (underlined). Can you back up where you are getting that vibe from my posts? Can you explain how that makes me bad or how that's not part of my meta? I frankly don't feel I've been that way at all and that it conflicts with my "cheerful" different style of play you and others have said I have, so that's Strike #1.

The bolded and italicized portion is Strike #2. You specifically say that "the timing thing", aka what Epi has brought up against me, doesn't bother you, yet you then proceed to follow it by you totally understand where Epi is coming from, so you're sending vague mixed signals to the thread. You do the same thing with the G-Man portion. What was the point of all of this? I suppose I don't understand how it relates to your read of me at all.

"Golden and TH are also bothering me by their different play but I'm not sure it makes either bad necessarily." What does this statement serve? It plants seeds of people hopping onto either play because weird = bad, and then when that comes up, you can say, 'Oh, well, I didn't say that, because I'm not sure it makes either bad!' I don't understand why you said this or what relevance it has to your reads on both players. It's incredibly vague. That's Strike #3.

Strike #4 is the biggest strike BY FAR and that is your suspicion of BR. First off, you NO U'd her 100%, which makes your incorrect "NO U" against me ironic to the highest degree. Second:
Black Rock wrote:
I will explain my MP post. Yes it does look like a defense. I don't consider it a defense because I was just stating fact as I seen it. I often don't explain everything going on in my mind, I like to keep my cards close to the vest. I only commented on it because I thought Elohcin's reasoning was off and it pinged me. I was waiting to see more before I announced her as a suspicion. I am very surprised that Splints thought I was suspicious because of this. She knows my play style better than most people playing this game. I'll be watching her as well.
How did this explanation not satisfy you? Can you elaborate? Again, you're vague.

Now, all of that said, I do want to try to avoid my prior style of railroading players, so I apologize if you felt put on the spot by "ALARM BELLS", and I definitely want to hear your response. I just happened to read your post and only had a few minutes, knew I wouldn't get the soonest possible chance to properly respond until at least 12:15PM Central, and wanted to at least indicate to you and others that I had sudden thoughts on your post that I would elaborate upon later.
MovingPictures07 wrote:As for the rest of your post, splints, if I did mess up the order of you suspecting BR first, then my apologies. It's possible I mixed that up, and I am going back to look now.

I look forward to you addressing the rest of the points.

I already explained why I posted what I did. Did you ignore it or what?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Golden, I will admit there is no player I have read consistently well, and I have read splints incorrectly multiple times, so that is a caveat for my opinion on her as well. Nonetheless, despite my mistake on the NO U point with BR (sorry about that, splints, I double checked and I'm not sure how I messed that up), my other points still stand, and I don't feel any better about her. I know she hasn't had time to respond, but I would rather vote for her than Bass. I know I shouldn't, since she said she would more properly respond, but my gut is actually screaming at someone for the first time this game and it's really bothering me. The fact that she said you and TH were playing differently and it "bothered" her without giving any read, as well as saying a bunch of other stuff with no read backing is equally suspicious. And even though BR NO U'd her a bit, splints still doesn't give any substantiation for her read on BR, saying she thinks that a baddie BR would do a certain thing (which seems like an oversimplication in my opinion), all the while failing to provide reads on other players.

Consequently, let's call it a moderate mafia read, if I'm being fair. Still far from saying OMG SPLINTS IS BAD, but I feel more sure about her than I do about anyone else at the moment.

In addition, there's her conduct regarding me and Epi. Yes, I should have counted to 10 before posting and blowing up, again, I apologize. But the fact that splints voted for me and said
fingersplints wrote: this feigned indignition has become pretty standard for MP. I can't give him a free pass again for this
is such a misrepresentation that I can't stand it. She has made no attempt to understand my position and call out Epi for the bullshit accusation he has thrown out. It doesn't matter what I've done before. We're playing THIS game. Right here. Not any other game. Not Roger Rabbit. Epi's accusation is bullshit. It essentially comes down to him fucking with me and saying he thinks I'm lying about something outside of the game. He's full of himself to an extreme and thinks he's right but he isn't, and people actually listen to him because he goes BARK BARK BARK I'M SO RIGHT without actually listening to what he's saying. I mean, just look at Elo's response to it, Epi actually got her completely second guessing her read on me just by aggressively pursuing me with bullshit.
MovingPictures07 wrote:By splints's argument, not only am I pulling an emotional gambit this game (which I'm NOT, despite me getting upset), but that apparently it has become "standard", and that I should be lynched for it.
MovingPictures07 wrote: fingersplints -- (#1 No read or unsure, #2, #3 no change, #4 Very slight mafia read) -- As I said in #4: "Dropped her down to very slightly mafia read based on gut interpretation of her posts and her inability to fully substantiate reads, but I could be way off base. Having reevaluated, this is incredibly, incredibly slight." This pretty much still stands. When I asked her for a top read, she couldn't give me one, then she said she still really suspects BR. Seems odd to me. She needs to clarify her reads on players and contribute more or else I will drop her further. Just unsure what to make of her, but still leaning more mafia than not.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm hidden a good percentage of the time I'm on the site, pretty sure most people do that.
I don't, ever.
fingersplints wrote:If he is bad, he could be avoiding casting a vote for Elo so it doesn't look bad if she flips civvie.
:srsnod:
Sloonei wrote:Elohcin, maybe once you've caught up, could you tell us what you think of any/all of the people who are voting for you right now? Do you find any of the votes suspicious? Which ones do you buy as sincere?
I think they are wrong. I think MP has his panties in a wad b/c I questioned his cheerful behavior and he used whatever opportunity he could to build a case on me even if it was stupid. I think most others followed him because threw a hissy fit. I don't understand TinyBubbles early vote for me. I wonder if she is new to Mafia. I think San may genuinely think I am bad although he/she's wrong. And I think Aether has jumped on the bandwagon.

I'm stepping away from mafia for a bit. As I have said, I have other things I have to do today. I will come back later.
This is absolutely uncalled for and completely false.

And it's statements like this that keep vindicating my suspicion of you. Dismissive as hell.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Not here for more than a few minutes.

I've read the posts now, thankfully (well, not really) didn't take long.

Right now, I'm unsure of what to feel. aether, BR, splints, and TH are all on my radar, but I have a hard time believing this is the mafia team.

aether still refuses to actually provide reads, so hopefully she does so.
BR finally provides reads, but I'm not really convinced they're from a civilian mindset.
splints reads increasingly slippery to me.
TH is still evasive and not explaining much of his train of thought.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm voting BR, I won't have time to come back before the deadline. This final exam is killing me.

Splints, I just don't understand how you go from only really suspecting BR to being able to rank literally everyone in the game, but with no explanation other than "just gut feels I guess". Can you not see how that seems unclear or perhaps fabricated?

I never said you weren't allowed to vote for whomever you want. That's false. I just don't understand why you're voting aether when you suspect BR more heavily, except for the fact that people started suddenly pushing towards an aether vote. Seems opportunistic.

What does "interesting" mean? You suspect me or not? That's vague as hell. Am I not allowed to question you while voting for someone else?
Those aren't even all of the times I've talked about splints. And you call all of that "no reasoning"?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:ITT: nobody has a exact, clear cut opinion on who their big suspect is and nobody lynches based on their exact suspect order.
That's true, but if you go back and read my posts from Day 3 it's clear I never stated splints was my top suspect, nor did I ever indicate any feeling of voting her over anyone else, until after I had cast my vote for BR and the aforementioned suspicious posts by splints.

Hence, splints is lying.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also find it very interesting that Rox has been consistently misrepresenting me and says that I have given no explanation for my feelings on splints. :ponder:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

sanmateo wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

Know this feel.

do you think mp not voting for you when you were his top suspect and you not voting for br when she was (apparently) your top suspect are similar actions then?

i guess people arent really questioning him because before/after he voted he did that "HOLD UP I HAVE TO GO NOW *does 300 more posts* routine a few times, but i think if he was scum voting for black rock when there was 2 votes already for acrosstheaether would be a bit counter-intuitive, and if acrosstheaether is scum as well he could've voted for bass who is a player he had already questioned a lot iirc. this is all a bit wifom-y but its enough to make me trust him for now.
Im just pointing out the hypocrisy of his claims. It is different in the sense that I actually have reasons to suspect aether. Also the timing. Why would I vote that early if my teammate BR was in danger? Wouldn't that logically make more sense. (Like how MP did in case he needed to save BR ;) )

MP loves to distance from teammates. Reread his posts. I can't find any substantial suspicions of BR in there. So when did he actually suspect her? He didn't. He kept throwing her name in there while pushing mine, so in case he couldn't divert the lynch to me, he could fall back on voting her.

Too many people defending bass to get the lynch to go that way. So I don't think that point stands. If they couldn't switch the lynch direction to me no way bass would take either
Gro-oo-ovy
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 53#p144753
last rainbow read by mp. fingersplints isnt one of the top suspects, i dont think the level of focus mp gave to fingersplints is comparable to what splints gave to br.

i do understand what you mean, mp. i think before that series of posts i even said i wasnt gonna vote for fingersplints.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lol at splints.

"I know 3 of the mafia yet I'm going to vote for one at the most opportunistic time after I only just started voicing suspicion of this player once Jay and others started discussing her"

"Oh, and I'm also going to NOT vote for the player I've been gunning after like hell all game, despite the fact that she is my top read, only when MP asked me for a top suspect I couldn't give one, despite the fact that right afterward I said I 'still really suspected BR' and hadn't said much on anyone else"
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

In a scenario where aether is town, a scenario where splints is mafia explains literally every part of her behavior yesterday.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sanmateo wrote:http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 53#p144753
last rainbow read by mp. fingersplints isnt one of the top suspects, i dont think the level of focus mp gave to fingersplints is comparable to what splints gave to br.

i do understand what you mean, mp. i think before that series of posts i even said i wasnt gonna vote for fingersplints.
This rainbow is from Day 2, though. That's pretty outdated if you ask me. I'd focus on what they said in Day 3, if we are to talk about Day 3 votes.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I VERY highly encourage everyone to look through splints's posts in isolation, particularly Day 3, before voting tomorrow. They are incredibly telling.

I really, really need to get homework done, so I'll be back tomorrow to almost certainly cast my vote for splints, assuming I survive the Night.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 769
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If there is only one mafia between splints and MP and i am asked to pick based only on THIS conversation, it'd be splints. Her candor seems exaggerrated.
Overall: 75-57 (.56) | Town 50-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 7-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MovingPictures07 wrote:I VERY highly encourage everyone to look through splints's posts in isolation, particularly Day 3, before voting tomorrow. They are incredibly telling.

I really, really need to get homework done, so I'll be back tomorrow to almost certainly cast my vote for splints, assuming I survive the Night.
I'm gonna do that sooner or later. I'm just so lazy. :doh:

I also feel like I have to look to yours and Jay's posts eventually. But I don't want that kind of torture.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I think Roxy is bad y'all. And if I die tonight, I hope you'll put the MP vs splints stuff on pause for at least a little while so you can discuss Roxy.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If there is only one mafia between splints and MP and i am asked to pick based only on THIS conversation, it'd be splints. Her candor seems exaggerrated.

It isn't. I'm tired of this shit. It's exhausting when someone is believed only because they post excessively.

I'm also getting tired of the comments that I hounded BR. Either I hounded her unfairly or I am her teammate. Pick a fucking side already. if BR really thinks I hounded her unfairly she can talk to me privately after, because I consider her a friend and I don't want to upset her but I don't think I did anything wrong. I'm tired of defending how I play like I did
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TH, I am starting to agree with you, I think Rox needs a thorough examination.

MovingPictures07 wrote:Splints, show me where I named you my top suspect. You can't because I never did.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Also, splints, you say I have built a "case". Where is such a case? I have not built a case.
fingersplints wrote: It isn't. I'm tired of this shit. It's exhausting when someone is believed only because they post excessively.

I'm also getting tired of the comments that I hounded BR. Either I hounded her unfairly or I am her teammate. Pick a fucking side already. if BR really thinks I hounded her unfairly she can talk to me privately after, because I consider her a friend and I don't want to upset her but I don't think I did anything wrong. I'm tired of defending how I play like I did
That is false. If anything, the opposite always happens to me. You are failing because of your own words.

I believe we've picked a side. ;)

If you're tired of defending how you played the way you did, then perhaps you should have played differently.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I swear I'm leaving now, but I won't be happy with myself if I die toNight without posting one last Rainbow Reads, since my last one was Day 2, even if this one is much less explained (copying aether's format, for ease and also because blue is my favorite color):

acrosstheaether
Bass_the_Clever
G-Man
JaggedJimmyJay
sanmateo
Vompatti

Golden 2.0
TinyBubbles
Turnip Head

Roxy

fingersplints
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@MP: You forgot someone.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ah!!! Sorry, bud. That's what I get for rushing.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, I swear I'm leaving now, but I won't be happy with myself if I die toNight without posting one last Rainbow Reads, since my last one was Day 2, even if this one is much less explained (copying aether's format, for ease and also because blue is my favorite color):

acrosstheaether
Bass_the_Clever
Dragon D. Luffy
G-Man
JaggedJimmyJay
sanmateo
Vompatti

Golden 2.0
TinyBubbles
Turnip Head

Roxy

fingersplints
NOW I'M GONE. :P
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Fucking lynch me and then MP next. This isn't worth my time. I'm not unhappy at all with how I played MP and I disagree with all of your last post as I have with all your posts this game. This game has clearly been posting=good since the beginning.
I'm actually quite happy with how I played. I was right and BR was bad, and when I am gone the town will be able to refocus past this and lynch an actual baddie in MP
Gro-oo-ovy
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

You are taking this game too personally, splints. Nobody is interesting in criticizing whether you played the game well or not, we're just interested in figuring out whether you got a PM saying you're mafia.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

fingersplints wrote:Fucking lynch me and then MP next. This isn't worth my time. I'm not unhappy at all with how I played MP and I disagree with all of your last post as I have with all your posts this game. This game has clearly been posting=good since the beginning.
I'm actually quite happy with how I played. I was right and BR was bad, and when I am gone the town will be able to refocus past this and lynch an actual baddie in MP
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm not taking it personally. For example if you call me a liar I do not think you think I personally lie. Only that I am a liar within the game.
I am bothered at the implication that I am playing wrong as I have been feeling that all around this entire game, but that's all
I've been playing for enough years to know when I am fighting a losing battle. I have other games to play as well and this one is draining me too much. So I wanted you guys to know where to go when I am gone
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Had enough of me saying I'm gone and then coming back? Well, too bad! That's the RAINBOW SOCKMAN way!!!!

Splints, I apologize that you feel that way. I have never meant to imply that you are playing the game "wrong" or anything like that, and I'm not sure where you got that impression, but I sincerely apologize for whatever I did contribute to your feeling that way, regardless of your alignment.

There is NEVER such a thing as a losing battle when you're civilian. I request that you please keep fighting and playing this game, because I for one have enjoyed your presence (in addition to everyone else playing, even Vompatti :P , seriously, this has been a GREAT game, but obviously very intense).

I'm willing to give my thoughts on you a rest and call it a truce for now. I don't know anything with 100% certainty, despite my exaggerations and tunnel vision, two things I know I always have a problem with.

If you can please explain to me, when you feel more up to it, why you think I'm mafia, where my case on you was, and how you interpreted my suspicion as being higher on you than BR before the time that I voted, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

On that note, I've said everything I need to for the Night, this time for certain.

Again, I understand how you feel, splints, I've been there when I've overextended myself and invested a lot into a game emotionally and time-wise; hell, I've done that this game.

I want you to know that I'm willing to take a step back and consider every possibility, even that you're a civilian, but at the moment, my rainbow reads as previously stated still stand.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Golden »

acrosstheaether wrote:@Golden have you considered that either fingersplints or Roxy could be baddies, not with each other but with someone else? I'm thinking a scum team of Epi, Black Rock, fingersplints and TH.
Yes. Even you with Roxy. I can't see a scenario where you and splints are together, is what I meant. Sorry if that was unclear.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

TinyBubbles wrote:Anyway golden what have I said that's pinging you?? Kind of disappointed tbh, thought you had my back :( unless golden 2.0 is golden ressurected to the dark side.. say it ain't so, dear golden. I thought your intuition was pretty accurate?
I promise I'll set it out more clearly, if I still feel that way after I've done a full read of day 3. But, it is things like that last line - remember in the one game we played how I went after DP (wrong) and splints (wrong). My intuition can be good but it can also be bad and you've seen both sides of that, perhaps I've been mostly a little worried by your blind faith in me. At this stage it is a ping - it's not about having your back or not having it (I hope you don't think it's like that) I have a few friends playing and I have to be able to not be influenced by the fact I like you.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Still waiting for splints to answer this question I asked:
One question I'd like splints to answer (if she already did, someone please point that out), is why she voted so early in the phase. A later vote could have provived her with more evidence and allowed her to help the BR bandwagon. Was there any reason for wanting to lock your vote on aether so soon?
Not that the question isn't about why vou voted for aether. It's about the timing of your vote (13 hours into a 48 hour phase).
fingersplints
Hitman

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by fingersplints »

fingersplints wrote:

I didn't go from only suspecting BR. There are more then one baddie so I was never only going to suspect one person. Days went on and I developed more suspicions. I don't see that how is unclear or fabricated.
I ranked everyone because it's really getting exhausting to feel like you are being accused of bad for not making a list :shrug2:

you said I was suspicious for not voting BR despite that you keep pushing that.
That is not false. You implied not voting BR was wrong while still suspecting BR yourself. And more people are pushing BR then aether. Wouldn't it have made more sense to stick with my BR vote? No I votes aether early for pressure and because it isn't even the slightest oppurtunistic

I was being ignored. I wanted to get her attention. I wanted to be heard which wasn't something I thought I was getting in the thread with my posts.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I messed up the part in that I tried to make stand out where I said I voted her early for pressure.

plus I just missed two votes in Epi's game. :shrug:
Gro-oo-ovy
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Fair enough. I still think the possibility of you bussing BR is rather low.

But ragequitting won't do yourself any favors. If you go "just lynch me", we'll have to lynch you. You should stay here and keep discussing.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Voted G-man. Both were amazing and it was a hard choice.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Night 3 - Invisible Hands

The group was overjoyed with yesterday's result, and so they threw a party! They stood about in small groups, listening to raps about economics and pontificating some more. There was even music! The group was treated to some delightful warbling courtesy of MP and G-Man. MP's performance got a smattering of applause, but the crowd erupted into cheers when G-Man left the stage, and he was clapped heartily upon the back and offered free "imported sodas" for his trouble.

As at any party, some extroverts, like JJJ and MovingPictures07, stood right in the middle of the group, fairly bellowing in their joy and beaming convivially. Others grouped around them, and still a few more hung about at the edges, quietly sipping on their beverages of choice.

TinyBubbles, being something of a newcomer to the group and a bit shy, was one such. She leaned back against a pillar in the massive ballroom, looking into her drink and smiling to herself. When no one was looking, a pair of hands slid around the pillar from behind her and squeezed her neck. She tried to kick out at her attacker, but the pillar prevented an effective defense. She tried screaming, but the viselike grip around her throat choked off a shout. Eventually, she sank to the floor, dark purple bruises on her neck left by hands no one had seen.

When someone happened to look over and see poor TinyBubbles, the party ended very abruptly. The economists went about producing supplies in order to survive the remainder of the time they would spend her. They were so focused on their tasks, in fact that they caused a BOOM! in their little internal economy.

As the sun rose, they felt as ready for the challenges that lay ahead as could be hoped.

TinyBubbles has been killed!
You are in a Boom! phase.
It is now Day 4. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

First off, WTF, a surprising NK indeed. RIP TinyBubbles, hope to get to play with you again soon.

Secondly, I've mulled over it, and I'm pretty sure I'm wrong about splints. Where does that leave us? I want to look at Roxy, but I don't know where to go thereafter. Discuss.

Be back later.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So TB here are the things I've seen which pinged me.
TinyBubbles wrote:I'll confess I kinda wish I was a baddie, so I'd have a chance to play from that angle. I imagine this game is more fun when you're actively pulling the wool over other people's eyes lol. When you're civilian it seems more like being interrogatd, like everything you say could be twisted against you, or like a deer in the headlights :eek:
This did prick my ears up a bit - part of me thought 'this could easily be TB being new'. But it's a good way to establish civ cred. Then there was this:
TinyBubbles wrote:Oh but its so fun just lurking ;)
Lol OK I'll try to post. Not seeing the case against Golden tbh. If I had to vote someone now, it would probably be a random. BTW how much time do we have left? My tablet browser isn't showing times
TinyBubbles wrote:I think I must have missed the vote.
I was honestly thinking you would vote on day one and thought I would see your vote come in for Bass but then it didn't come in at all. This is I think really the bit where I thought 'I wonder if TB missed the vote because she doesn't want to vote against me but also because she knows I'm a threat and me dying would help the baddies'. You missing this vote was really where I started to think you might be bad.

And then you voted early twice on the basis that you 'don't want to miss the vote again', which I can understand from a newbie civ perspective but I can also understand from a baddie 'absolved of responsibility' perspective.

Then the biggest thing of all was this:
TinyBubbles wrote:I know its not much of a theory lol. But in the last game golden eyed the main bad guy practically from the beginning, so I'm inclined to trust his instincts

I noticed you voted bass too, what were your reasons? (If you've already said them somewhere in the thread I'm sorry!)
Who was I eyeing when I was lynched? Epi! Like, really very strongly Epi. I said I was voting Bass in self defence, and not only did I have no read on bass, I remember also not understanding what the case was on him. Now, I know Epi was dead at this point so you couldn't vote for him, but it just didn't feel right that you said you suspected Bass because I eyed him, it doesn't ring true to me.

And damn, I'll post this anyway because I just wrote it all, but :( linki proves me wrong anyway.
Golden
The Coward

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Golden »

RIP Bubbles. I'm so glad you have joined us at the Syndicate.

MP, what has you changing your mind on splints? I'm definitely looking at Roxy today, though, but I think I owe it to her (and everyone) that I do explain what I'm seeing on Roxy properly.

Also, today is Friday and still a work day, and I haven't been able to read still several pages of day 3 and propose not to try to today (I'm trying to be at least a bit good) but only keep up with today's action, but tomorrow I should have plenty of time to catch up fully so that I'm ready and informed for the lynch. And I'm going to do a JJJ/BR comparison when I get time. This game is full on.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, I realized I should clarify my train of thought, since otherwise my post loses impact.

Her interaction at the end of Night 3 struck me as incredibly genuine; as I mulled over it, I realized many of my points on here were fitting her behavior to fit a preconceived notion of how D3 transpired. I have other reasons that I'm considering that I could be incorrect, but I wanted to see where everyone else was at first.

Also, I feel I've been harping on it way too much, so I want to discuss other players.

Now BBL.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well, this happened. And I think I know why.

I hadn't said that before because I didn't want to tip mafia of her role, but I think TinyBubbles was Adam Smith.

Why? Because of this:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I would propose that if Adam Smith is still alive (hopefully he's not Metalmarsh), then he should try to build a case against Malthus, who he probably targetted last night. This game doesn't allow role reveals, but I suppose he can come up with some reason to call him bad and then tunnel on him, no?

There's also the possibility of him keeping targetting Malthus over and over to exploit his night kill. But I think that's a bad idea, because he gets free again as soon as Adam Smith dies. We should get rid of the bastard as soon as we can.
On N1, Adam Smith targetted Elo, the serial killer, and made her kill Epi. Then on D2, I made this post, and proposed that Adam Smith should tunnel on the serial killer fto help us spot him.

A few hours, later, TinyBubbles did this:
TinyBubbles wrote: Anyway, I'm just gonna go ahead and Vote Elohcin. I'm assuming you're not a lying dirty wolf in sheep's clothing misleading me; apart from Bass I don't really know who else to vote for and don't really want to spend more time on it. Elohcin if you're innocent i'm TRULY SORRY and to everyone else, please don't bandwagon. I don't want to be responsible for lynching an innocent. That's probably what got Golden killed.
She started the Elo bandwagon that resulted in the serial killer lynch, voting very early into the phase. At this point I was suspecting she could be AS, but I wasn't sure of it because sanmateo and MP also voted Elo pretty early in the phase. I assume they didn't kill her on N2 for that reason.

However, on D3, she came with a new early vote:
TinyBubbles wrote:Right I'm not convinced that Bass is innocent at this point, so he's getting my vote. and RIP dear Sloonei!
Another early vote. Thatreally made suspect she was AS this time, specially since the other two early voters from last phase did not do anything this time around.

But I wasn't completely sure about it. And that made me afraid of jumping on an early Bass bandwagon. If I did that and Bass flipped town, after I had said that I thought Bass was town, that would make people want to lynch me. So I decided to be careful, and asked her a question instead, to see how hard she was bandwagoning. Not a direct confirmation since that isn't allowed, but would have been enough for me to believe her:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:TinyBubbles, let me ask you something:

How convinced are you that Bass is mafia? Do you think there is any chance you could change your mind about it later? And if for some reason you hadn't voted for him earlier like you did (such as not being online for example), do you think there's any chance you could vote for someone else after reading more of what people have to say?

Yes I know those are weird questions, but I'm trying to figure something out here.
Unfortunately, she went offline for the rest of the phase and never replied to this. But I think mafia noticed it too, so they nailed her as AS this time around.

Which that said, I'm VERY inclined to lynch Bass this phase. I want to know what you people think.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

And now that I notice the write-up is called "Invisible Hands". I doubt hosts would give away roles like this, but it's a big coincidence lol.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

And before I go, RIP Bubbles. If my theory is right, that's one hell of a performance for a newcomer. And if it isn't, it was still a pleasure playing with you.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”