World Flags Mafia GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Moderator: Community Team

ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 78

Re: World Flags Mafia [Day1] UNheard of Accusations

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:26 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:12 pm I believe sabie is a civilian.
There is something about the way he said this that made me think this was a legitimate civ read. I don't think Sabie is their teammate.
I’m not saying you or Sabie are bad, but what in Bruce Almighty’s name are we supposed to get out of this? What is this “something”?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 484
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:57 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:55 am The vest gift claim isn't supposed to clear Pou. Cause of course someone gave Jay a vest last night. How many someones, we don't know. Was one of those someones Pou? We don't know.
Sure, it's not a "clearance". It isn't nothing either though. One way or another, poutanko knows that I received a vest. Either she is a blacksmith or she is on the communist team.
Disagree. Last scum on the Epi/DDL team has to claim to have given someone something without actually doing so. So they have to successfully guess that a certain player got a certain thing.

If I was scum and needed to make that guess, I'd guess Jay gets a vest N1. It's the most obvious pick for someone else to make.

Say Sabie gave you a real vest last night and it was the only vest you got. You don't know that only Sabie gave you a vest. Sabie doesn't know that only she gave you a vest. She could counterclaim Pou or not counterclaim and either way, we aren't closer to catching Pou.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sabo turns guns into self kills, orbs into reverse orbs, vests into fake vests.

I kinda like that for the kills because it means that I can say I gave Jay a gun, the gun backfires and you don't know if there was another fake gun given that overrode mine, if mine was sabotaged or if I gave Jay a fake gun.

It just gets problematic when scum literally can't give but all townies can.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I gave someone a gun last night and if they don’t use it I will be upset.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 71
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:53 am Someone is going to get shot. Unfortunately your thirst for chaos is fundamentally incompatible with my hunting patience. :noble:
I have a mighty need for chaos
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 645
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A review of the reads provided by [mention]sabie12[/mention]

sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:58 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:44 pm
DFaraday wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:39 pm EBWOP: That's very common for Nutella. She's almost as blendy as I am, she's just more verbose about it.
maybe that was nutella of a different era, but nutella today has strong opinions. like very strong. stronger than that cuban coffee strong. she's wishy washy as hell, but still opinionated.
I was going to disagree with you, but then you said how she is wishy washy and I would agree there. I'm thinking of last game she was quick to change her vote depending on what other people were saying. I am also wishy washy at times though so I can't fault anyone for that.

Also is there one of those lists where we can ISO players? I play on my phone so I don't have an easy way to do that.

This is not quite a read. It's something similar, a general assessment of nutella's Mafia persona.

sabie12 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:11 pm Okay so while I was at work people were talking about hooking people up, who's dating who etc. Maybe that's really what the UN talks about when they meet :p
Why is everyone trying to date dunyas sister? Haha

I'll have to go back more to see what else is happening and catch up there's a lot. I notice nutella no longer has votes although I was iffy on her yesterday. Luna is iffy. I get why she says we need people who get the discussion going but we should care if those people are scummy or not.

nutella and Luna are iffy. These are concretely reads, even if not descriptive.

sabie12 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:25 pm Also also in looking back I now see where nutella suspicion was more addressed.

Luna I was just saying you were iffy because of seeming like you didn't care that someone was mafia if they posted a lot and got the conversation going.

Expanded.

sabie12 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:07 am Fell asleep last night. I guess at this point I have some suspicion on speed for wanting to get rid of low posters and shoot everyone. And I feel like I've seen more sketchy speed than town speed in games lately and to me so far he seems more on the scummy side. Voting Mac for his lack of wanting to read and catch up on anything or really wanting to figure out anything. I see votes on him which seem like as I said before a mix of people trying to push him to participate more and some suspicion based on the way he's posting.

Sloonei is difficult because I thought last game he seemed off and not his usual self at first but then got more into it and he was town. Seems like that's kinda what might be happening again.

Jack I can see why people suspect him but he seems like hes playing more like he did in world asunder when he was town. When he was scummy last game he seemed at first to suspect his teammates and was all calm and town like. When he was town he was over zealous and all over the place. At least that's how I've seen a contrast.

Currently [VOTE: mac] aubergine
I'll be back after work.

Clear suspicions of speedchuck and Mac. Clear meta-based civilian reads on Sloonei and Jack.

~~~

There's more here than I anticipated. The full post history is still limited, a POE removal is more than I can presently stomach. I don't think she looks terrible though.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:59 am sprityo, can items be sabotaged on the same night that they are received, or does sabotage only apply to items which were already possessed when the night began?
Sabotage is last in the action list so yes, it effects items received in the same night
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] this setup was supposed to be for 25 but we sadly could not run it with an average of 4 deaths a night
Banners:
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:57 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:55 am The vest gift claim isn't supposed to clear Pou. Cause of course someone gave Jay a vest last night. How many someones, we don't know. Was one of those someones Pou? We don't know.
Sure, it's not a "clearance". It isn't nothing either though. One way or another, poutanko knows that I received a vest. Either she is a blacksmith or she is on the communist team.
Disagree. Last scum on the Epi/DDL team has to claim to have given someone something without actually doing so. So they have to successfully guess that a certain player got a certain thing.

If I was scum and needed to make that guess, I'd guess Jay gets a vest N1. It's the most obvious pick for someone else to make.

Say Sabie gave you a real vest last night and it was the only vest you got. You don't know that only Sabie gave you a vest. Sabie doesn't know that only she gave you a vest. She could counterclaim Pou or not counterclaim and either way, we aren't closer to catching Pou.
You've ventured into a layer of speculation that I don't tend to dwell in. What you suggest is not impossible, but it doesn't strike me as probable either.

I received two vests (one of which is discarded by rule). poutanko is probably one of them.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 207
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Ok whatevs if I die I die

SHOOT Leetic

[mention]sprityo[/mention]
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:59 am sprityo, can items be sabotaged on the same night that they are received, or does sabotage only apply to items which were already possessed when the night began?
Sabotage is last in the action list so yes, it effects items received in the same night
If a fake item is sabotaged, does it become real? :eek:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LOCKED.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

PLEASE HOLD
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

A SHOT RINGS OUT!

leetic is on the floor, dead

Leetic was the Irish Flag, a
Ninja and the last member of the Dictators of Despair

Poll Has been a reset, there is currently 29.5 hours left in the day
Banners:
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 159

Post by speedchuck »

Eviscerated, jeez.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awesome. Great decision, nutella.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

They got rogered but good.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

12 vs. 3

All reads can now be fake. Let's go win.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I want more bloodshed.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 207
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Omg amazing
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Lunalee »

nutella wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:29 pmOmg amazing
agreed, nice shot!
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Lunalee »

still think someone needs to bit the bullet and shoot jack. I just really don't buy his granny claim.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

This is like pseudo-resetting to a day one.

Not quite a full reset. We have kills and 50 pages worth of posts. But the dynamic has changed and we can't suspect people based on flipped teammates anymore. AND the scum can't realhunt now.\

linki: yeah someone should shoot jack and we'll have a townfirm.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Actually, wait no

Don't shoot Jack
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:31 pm still think someone needs to bit the bullet and shoot jack. I just really don't buy his granny claim.
I think we could hold off until there’s a counterclaim at least.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If there's another granny out there then Jack is bad. I have no idea why mafia Jack makes that fake claim, so I'm not on board with shooting him until someone gives me a secure reason.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

This sucks.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

The only ways a granny can die is by mafia ninja and by lynch.

If we give vests to the granny and keep them alive till the ninja dies, we can have an invincible townfirm... And then if the mafia don't know who the granny is...
Well, Jack could be town-fake-claiming to draw fire was the point, but no that's stupid. Yeah, go on and shoot him just in case he lyin.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hot fucking damn. Good instinct, Nutella.

Don't shoot me, idjits. The entire case against me is that I had teammate equity with the scumteam that just got eliminated.

Luna or Speed should be shot for proposing this.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Is giving a vest a visit tho?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

An unclaimed granny is worth more than a claimed granny, and we have a lot of bullets. Why not just shoot Jack to be sure?
Maybe the town granny doesn't want to claim and immediately get nightkilled. (And AGAIN, it's not me I promise)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Ask TSA if it counts.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:37 pm Is giving a vest a visit tho?
:doh: Yeah, nevermind. Don't vest the granny.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:38 pm Ask TSA if it counts.
Oof.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:38 pm An unclaimed granny is worth more than a claimed granny, and we have a lot of bullets. Why not just shoot Jack to be sure?
Maybe the town granny doesn't want to claim and immediately get nightkilled. (And AGAIN, it's not me I promise)
Why not just shoot you? Why are you proposing to throw away what are essentially extra lynches?
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 308

Post by novaselinenever »

Good job nutella
novaselinenever
Hitman

Now someone shoot her :goofp:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My typical breakdown of the numbers is less applicable in a game with so many miscellaneous kills, so I won't [yet] determine the "official" POE size needed to win the game. I will estimate though. Here's our formula:

POE size needed to win = number of living mafia + number of mislynches available

POE = 3 + X

I will be very conservative and estimate X to 2. POE = 5.

Please give me your 5-player POE pools.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

That's super conservative considering we could have upwards of 5 shots a day and the mafia has to kill me twice.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jay, Nutella....maybe Sloonei, maybe Sabie are out of my POE. Everyone else is in.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:39 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:38 pm An unclaimed granny is worth more than a claimed granny, and we have a lot of bullets. Why not just shoot Jack to be sure?
Why not just shoot you? Why are you proposing to throw away what are essentially extra lynches?
People can shoot me if they want. Though I'd prefer to survive till D3 and get a gun pls.

We have (if the gunsmiths targeted different people) like 5 extra lynches today, and 5 tomorrow, and 5 the day after, etc. Plus we have the vest/orb/gun folks, 3 of them left, so there's more 'extra lynches'. So we have enough 'extra lynches' to kill the ENTIRE GAME by the time scum get two more nightkills.

I'm not concerned about us running out of extra lynches at all.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:42 pm That's super conservative considering we could have upwards of 5 shots a day and the mafia has to kill me twice.
Yes, it's a worst-case kind of thing if civilians shoot civilians every time.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

People I don't feel comfortable pulling right now:

novaselinenever
nutella
sabie12
speedchuck
Long Con
Sloonei
Lunalee
DFaraday
Quin
Audrey
ColinIsCool
poutanko

People I refuse to consider pulling right now:

novaselinenever
sabie12
Long Con
Quin
Audrey
ColinIsCool

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

We could stop shooting and play it as a 12 v 3 going forward. The orb and vest are huge in that case
novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:45 pm People I don't feel comfortable pulling right now:

novaselinenever
nutella
sabie12
speedchuck
Long Con
Sloonei
Lunalee
DFaraday
Quin
Audrey
ColinIsCool
poutanko

People I refuse to consider pulling right now:

novaselinenever
sabie12
Long Con
Quin
Audrey
ColinIsCool
Translation?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

My math doesn't account as much for vests and dead gun-givers, but still. Basically we should all use guns today because guns are awesome and we'll get another bunch of them tomorrow.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:46 pm Translation?
I don't see overt civilian play in very many people right now. There are a smaller handful that I would call "priority". Everything is subject to review.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:46 pm We could stop shooting and play it as a 12 v 3 going forward. The orb and vest are huge in that case
This is the most sane thing I've heard all game. I hate it.

But it is very pro-town, and Nova is townly for suggesting it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”