Total votes: 36
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 290
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:I don't agree with your case against llama. At the same time, I think you are a civilian for raising it.
My perspective is the same. I don't see llama in the same light, but I also understand where INH is coming from. One point he made that I agree with is that llama's hunter/blender distinction isn't especially useful since the "hunters" are all players who would meet that criteria in every game anyway.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

llama's last game as a mafioso (Spirited Away)

Parallels: he only lived for one day phase in that game, but he was the most active player in the thread during that period. He is also proving to be pretty active in this game even if not quite to the same degree. This contrasts some of his town games in recent memory when his effort level has been lesser.

Contrasts: he employs less assertive language and seems a little less comfortable in Spirited Away than he does here.

Unfortunately that's the only semi-recent game I'm aware of. He was a killing indy in the 2015 GOC. He was a bit more assertive in that game and also relatively active (more comparable to his activity in this game), but he also didn't know other players' alignments.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 253

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:llama's last game as a mafioso (Spirited Away)

Parallels: he only lived for one day phase in that game, but he was the most active player in the thread during that period. He is also proving to be pretty active in this game even if not quite to the same degree. This contrasts some of his town games in recent memory when his effort level has been lesser.

Contrasts: he employs less assertive language and seems a little less comfortable in Spirited Away than he does here.

Unfortunately that's the only semi-recent game I'm aware of. He was a killing indy in the 2015 GOC. He was a bit more assertive in that game and also relatively active (more comparable to his activity in this game), but he also didn't know other players' alignments.
I don't think any of that is helpful.

Logan gets caught by other means. He's like the spider in the Legend of Zelda. You can't just stab him with your nice new sword. Only arrows will work.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Yeah that didn't really move my read either. I'll see what llama has to say to his accusers.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:

Logan gets caught by other means. He's like the spider in the Legend of Zelda. You can't just stab him with your nice new sword. Only arrows will work.
Hopefully metaphors will do the trick as well. :rolleyes:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That's not to say I wouldn't lynch him. I just think Day 1 is premature. If he is bad, let him stick around and talk.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

That was a simile, you asshole. :suspish:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't think DDL is a civilian either. I would lynch him.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:I don't think DDL is a civilian either. I would lynch him.
Whaddya got?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't think DDL is a civilian either. I would lynch him.
Whaddya got?
Well hold on a damn minute. Gotta click tabs and shit.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mongoose: just FYI that your link to Elohcin's posts actually directs to Epi's.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

That was a simile, you asshole. :suspish:
Shit, I probably lost more points on that one. Rookie mistake.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Look at DDL's post history. If you are lazy, here:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Hey guys what's up.

This started suddenly. I was expecting it to take longer.

Been a while since I've last played a speed game here, I think. I love those.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:No. I find it odd that the mafia have the potential for two kills every night if all 4 are mafia. Don't you?
That wasn't my interpretation. I thought the mafia team's sole killer was the dude with the straps -- that roll kills every night as long as both straps are intact. My first guess is that this means this role must be destroyed twice (once for each strap).

Mongoose, if you're able to clarify anything about this that'd be swell. If not, okee dokee.
Since there is only one Baddie/Mafia team, they have the ability to kill nightly.
With a maximum potential of 2 baddie nightkills each night, if both straps come loose? :scared:
This is an excellent question. The right strap can only kill on even nights and the left strap on odd nights, so it's impossible for both straps to be loose at the same night since a night cannot be both even and odd (watch llama have an explanation for how this is possible).
A number is considered oddly even if it is only divisible by one (1) even number.

So Night 2 will see two (2) nightkills. :scared:
I think you are mistaking odd numbers for prime numbers.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Can you guys stop harassing the host and do some baddie hunting? I found Sorsha. What have you done?
You must be fun at parties.

Once people get bored of your fez.

Then he bitches about this:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:That said, I'm always in for voting for players who spent all game talking about game mechanics instead of hunting scum.
DDL didn't accomplish anything in his own posts, so why does he want to go after guys who talked mechanics?

Yeah, I'd vote DDL.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Mongoose: just FYI that your link to Elohcin's posts actually directs to Epi's.
She does whatever I ask her to, so no matter. :mafia:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Fair. The last post there is the one I liked from DDL because I've known him to be willing to lynch people for reasons that I'd call more strategy-relevant than alignment-relevant. You're correct though that there is hypocrisy in that given his empty posts before that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I recall a moment from A Mafia of Unfortunate Events in which something similar came up:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:There is no such a thing as a "way to catch baddies".

We all do what we each think works.

And I think killing people who are harder to read works.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:And feel free to call me an hypocrite if you want. I won't deny.

I feel like saying what I think people are doing wrong is more productive than sataying silent for the sake of not being an hypocrite.
The former post there was his rationale for pursuing the lynch of inactive players (which ties to the strategy-relevant lynching/alignment-relevant lynching distinction I mentioned before), and he willfully granted that he was being hypocritical and didn't care. He was a civilian then.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 21

Post by DrWilgy »

Hola!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Vote Sorsha. Locked In. Final Answer.
Are votes changeable?
No, which I rather wish I had remembered before casting mine.
This sounds like a thing I would do and say.

Copycat. :meany:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day Zero]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sorsha wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Llama jumped on my check in post literally two minutes after I posted it. My initial gut reaction was that it was a joke because I don't see how anything I said in that post could be found to be suspicious. So I responded with a joke. In hind sight, sure I should have made sure that he was actually serious about it but being jumped on like that right out of the gate isn't something I'm accustomed to.
I can understand. It's jarring for anyone to be facing an accusation so quickly after a game begins. His accusation came two minutes after your post, as you said, and then your joke response to that came 11 minutes after that. To me that looks a player who is briefly frozen by unexpected pressure searching for a way to approach it.
How about a player who is playing while at work and isn't actually sitting here staring at the game thread waiting on a reply? :grin:
I wasn't going to mention the timestamps until you brought them up first.

One question, Sorsha:

What is your read on llama?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have a busy day with family people tomorrow and I don't know what kind of time I'll have around here. I'm going to cram a pile of reads in now and y'all can do with them whatever you may.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A Person

~ Four posts, all irrelevant. Somewhat comparable to GY!BE in which A Person made his fourth post on Night 1, and his posts were short and only barely relevant.

Willingness to lynch: Meh

Boomslang

~ Two posts, both irrelevant. He pledged to catch up this weekend, which leaves us where we are with him for today.

Dragon D. Luffy

~ Four posts, one relevant. The relevant post is within the boundaries of his town meta. The pace of content generation is less than his town standard. These don't combine to generate inspiring prospects. Epignosis's observation of hypocrisy is valid.

Willingness to lynch: Worth considering

DrWilgy

~ Nothing.

Elohcin

~ One post, relevant only to Day 0 poll.

Epignosis

~ Heavily involved, effortful. His stances haven't been difficult to ascertain. I've lost interest in my previous "I guess" beef because the parallel to my own experience actually suggests a mindset of uncertainty -- suitable to a civilian in this game. He has been willing to both agree and disagree with separate ideas presented by others, and he has been the origin of other ideas.

Willingness to lynch: No

insertnamehere

~ First halfish of his post history is irrelevant, but it has turned sharply towards investigative effort since then. I think his suspicion of llama looks authentic.

Long Con

~ His post count is nice, but I don't sense much direction in his hunting efforts particularly in the first half of that post history. It wasn't until his beef with Quin that his posts appeared to serve any potentially productive purpose. That beef itself isn't ideal either, as I think he was evasive of the core questions and also insight of Quin's conversation with me, and his explanations since that encounter haven't moved me.

Made

~ Nothing

Metalmarsh89

~ His fourteen posts seem to go nowhere. He threw an early accusation at llama and has not followed up. He joined Long Con in even briefly caring about the position of my username on the player list.

MovingPictures07

~ Nothing

nijuukyugou

~ One post, irrelevant

Quin

~ Interrogative, accusatory, and effortful. I don't struggle to follow his mindset for the most part. His reads appear fluid and under authentic development.

Scotty

~ His focus on mechanical details is a bit more narrow than I'd like, though I do think there's been sufficient confusion about the setup to justify it. I at least appreciate that he is involved, and comprehensive Day 1 reads have never been his thing.

Willingness to lynch: Would need a convincing argument

Sorsha

~ I don't feel she has handled pressure well. She may be a bit shellshocked having received such pressure so quickly and consistently; I still lean toward a negative read. I was given momentary pause by her evocation of WIFOM, specifically her enthusiasm about drawing a civilian role after a string of evil games. That inspiration was brief; I don't think it would be wise to relieve the pressure solely for that reason.

thellama73

~ Provocative and confident. His behavior has generated a significant portion of the readable content available in this thread (from the direct responses to it from Sorsha and I to the suspicions about it fielded by Long Con and INH, etc...). I think llama is conscious of that potential gain as a civilian. His hasty trigger finger in a game where vote changeability had not been determined was foolhardy.

Willingness to lynch: Would need a convincing argument

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by thellama73 »

To Long Con:
The reason I think there is a lot of civ on civ action this game is because I've seen it too many times before. The active, Gung-Ho baddie hunters attack one another, simply because there is more material there to attack, these attacks lead to NO Us, then confirmation bias, then tunneling, then a bunch fo dead civs. It's a pattern I see over and over again. How many times have SVS and I wasted days attacking each other when we were both civs? How many times has Epignosis done it? Assertive, analytical civilians tend to go after each other. Sure, there's a possibility thta a baddie is hiding among them, but at this early stage in the game, I think we will achieve better results by looking harder at the less active players who may be trying not to call attention to themselves.

To INH:
I'm sorry you don't like my read on Sorsha, but it is genuine. I think little things like tone and emoji use can be baddie tells, especially early in the game, and her posts have just rung incredibly false to me. Why not start off by putting pressure on her and seeing how she responds? So far, her responses have not ben encouraging to me.

You don't like my Hunters/Blenders list that's fine, but I was simply explaining how I view the game these days. In general (not always) I think the people who are making cases and trying to ferret out the bad guys are less likely to be nefarious than the ones trying not to get noticed.

To JJJ:
Regarding your meta analysis, I would just like to add that I went through a period of inactivity through much of 2016 and was unacceptably absent in many of the games I did sign up for. I just didn't have the time or energy to play those games properly. That was a phase that has now ended, so I wouldn't regard it as representative of my style. For more recent examples of me as a FEB, see the Burglaries section.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I also agree with the players saying that DDL sounds civ. He sounds civ to me too, particularly his post about game mechanics.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 165
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Made and MP have still not checked in.

I thought I was pegging Epi as Sorsha's running mate but he looks like he's putting a decent effort into hunting, so for now I'll back off.

I'm now unsure of Sorsha's alignment with her candid response, but then I would also respond in a similar manner if someone randomly voted me for not wearing the color blue (or so it feels like). She could still be bad and llama could very well be a pariahlpaca.

What about MM tho?

His first post, that llama is evil, is really his most substantive so far, though he's made only 1 post in day 1.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Therefore I cannot be bad. Q.E.D.
Don't complain to me when you get killed Night 1.

So many WIFVOM angles here, how delicious.
This post is a joke post, but also raised my eyebrows because there aren't really WIFOM angles here. The logic doesn't make sense, and calling someone out for the potential of being NK'd N1 rubs me the wrong way.

I find that when MM is bad, he isn't afraid to jab at anyone- with his little pointed marmot teeth- just enough to make you go "hah hey that tickles, but also slightly hurts..Calm down, bucko"

My memory of his bad games are ingratiating himself with his baddie partners and playing the WIFOM game like he's Gene Rayburn in a pissing contest with a panelist in Match Game.

I dunno, he's super blendy and I think he could be bad.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Oh, and this seems like a civvy JJJ. His initial suspicions mirrored my own, and he's not afraid to get dirty with a few people already.

Question: would llama make a gambit of making a shoddy case and voting for his baddie partner Sorsha's at all? Is that something he's wont to do?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I also like INH right now. His actions so far at least mirror roughly his civ game in ASoUE. Especially the "Elucidation of Llama". Cut and dry, like a shriveled corn stalk.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, I disagree with most of JJJ's outlooks, right down to being more willing to lynch me than all his "meh" reads. It makes my inner voice say "Fuck, fine, maybe I'll just not participate next time so JJJ will get off my damn back!" Then my outer-inner voice says "Shut up, and quit being a whiny bitch or I'll replay that time you had to drown the hamster!" Then my inner voice shuts up and goes " :puppy: ". Long story long, I thought JJJ was ass-backwards in ASoUE Mafia and he was Civ, so I won't come back hard on him this time.
Scotty wrote:I find that when MM is bad, he isn't afraid to jab at anyone... My memory of his bad games are ingratiating himself with his baddie partners and playing the WIFOM game.
Is that what you find? Is that what you remember? I don't find and remember that, so I am not inclined to straight-up believe you. That said, I do like the angle here, and if it catches a bad marmot, then I applaud your memory. What would it take to get a little citation on these things? A little citation goes a long way.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

While I still think Sorsha is the best bet for today, and there has been a lot of good content from the high posters, I urge you all not to forget about the lurkers. What has Elohcin contributed so far? Where the hell is MP? Blooper and Wilgy seem uncharacteristically quiet. Let's put some pressure on these people and not give them a free pass.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:Well, I disagree with most of JJJ's outlooks, right down to being more willing to lynch me than all his "meh" reads. It makes my inner voice say "Fuck, fine, maybe I'll just not participate next time so JJJ will get off my damn back!" Then my outer-inner voice says "Shut up, and quit being a whiny bitch or I'll replay that time you had to drown the hamster!" Then my inner voice shuts up and goes " :puppy: ". Long story long, I thought JJJ was ass-backwards in ASoUE Mafia and he was Civ, so I won't come back hard on him this time.
Do you have a method we could employ to determine who among those "meh" reads is more worth lynching and who is less worth it? I am sure there are bad guys in that pile given the sheer number, but I couldn't begin to determine which ones.

I cannot figure out what game "ASoUE" refers too.
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:I find that when MM is bad, he isn't afraid to jab at anyone... My memory of his bad games are ingratiating himself with his baddie partners and playing the WIFOM game.
Is that what you find? Is that what you remember? I don't find and remember that, so I am not inclined to straight-up believe you. That said, I do like the angle here, and if it catches a bad marmot, then I applaud your memory. What would it take to get a little citation on these things? A little citation goes a long way.
What Scotty describes was generally true of an evil Marmot in ROTTK. Scotty: are you saying he looks that way in this game too?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm caught up. I'm just going to blame Marmot friend for my troubles.

Someone interact with me.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

A Series of Unfortunate Events Mafia.

I don't have a system to determine which low posters are bad, besides lynch em all and let God sort em out...but I do have some sure-fire advice to increase your chances of lynching Mafia: don't lynch me.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:A Series of Unfortunate Events Mafia.

I don't have a system to determine which low posters are bad, besides lynch em all and let God sort em out...but I do have some sure-fire advice to increase your chances of lynching Mafia: don't lynch me.
Same tbh
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:I'm caught up. I'm just going to blame Marmot friend for my troubles.

Hey Wilgy...pretend stuff people said to each other was said to you, and respond.

Interacted!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I'm caught up. I'm just going to blame Marmot friend for my troubles.

Hey Wilgy...pretend stuff people said to each other was said to you, and respond.

Interacted!
But there's too much to address. The only two I'm concerned with atm are Llama and Epi, but Epi has already addressed the post that gaveme the heebie jeebies.

Specifics LC!
Image Image Image
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Mongoose: just FYI that your link to Elohcin's posts actually directs to Epi's.
Oooh, thanks for that heads up, sug. I will QC all the other links tonight as well as add a link for Dr Wilgy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Mongoose wrote:
Oooh, thanks for that heads up, sug. I will QC all the other links tonight as well as add a link for Dr Wilgy.
Yay me!
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Interacted!
But there's too much to address. The only two I'm concerned with atm are Llama and Epi, but Epi has already addressed the post that gaveme the heebie jeebies.

Specifics LC!
What? No I'm not playing your game for you. I'm going to work now.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

:sigh:
Image Image Image
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Sorsha »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Llama jumped on my check in post literally two minutes after I posted it. My initial gut reaction was that it was a joke because I don't see how anything I said in that post could be found to be suspicious. So I responded with a joke. In hind sight, sure I should have made sure that he was actually serious about it but being jumped on like that right out of the gate isn't something I'm accustomed to.
I can understand. It's jarring for anyone to be facing an accusation so quickly after a game begins. His accusation came two minutes after your post, as you said, and then your joke response to that came 11 minutes after that. To me that looks a player who is briefly frozen by unexpected pressure searching for a way to approach it.
How about a player who is playing while at work and isn't actually sitting here staring at the game thread waiting on a reply? :grin:
I wasn't going to mention the timestamps until you brought them up first.

One question, Sorsha:

What is your read on llama?
I don't think llama is bad, wouldn't vote for him. He's just wrong.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 97

Post by insertnamehere »

@LC and Wilgy: Would either of you be down for a Llama lynch?

He's the most solid negative read I have right now, so I'm inclined to vote in his direction.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

insertnamehere wrote:@LC and Wilgy: Would either of you be down for a Llama lynch?

He's the most solid negative read I have right now, so I'm inclined to vote in his direction.
Mine as well, but my read is entirely tone. What triggers your suspicion inh?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:Made and MP have still not checked in.

I thought I was pegging Epi as Sorsha's running mate but he looks like he's putting a decent effort into hunting, so for now I'll back off.

I'm now unsure of Sorsha's alignment with her candid response, but then I would also respond in a similar manner if someone randomly voted me for not wearing the color blue (or so it feels like). She could still be bad and llama could very well be a pariahlpaca.
On what basis did you think you were accomplishing this? You are acting like Sorsha's guilt is a foregone conclusion.

Why does my effort exonerate me from being Sorsha's teammate? Do I put not effort into hunting when I am bad? What does my effort have to do with Sorsha?
Long Con wrote:Well, I disagree with most of JJJ's outlooks, right down to being more willing to lynch me than all his "meh" reads. It makes my inner voice say "Fuck, fine, maybe I'll just not participate next time so JJJ will get off my damn back!" Then my outer-inner voice says "Shut up, and quit being a whiny bitch or I'll replay that time you had to drown the hamster!" Then my inner voice shuts up and goes " :puppy: ". Long story long, I thought JJJ was ass-backwards in ASoUE Mafia and he was Civ, so I won't come back hard on him this time.
In what universe did JaggedJimmyJay participate in A Mafia of Unfortunate Events?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Interacted!

Specifics LC!
What post was that and why did it bother you?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:To INH:

I don't know the technical specifications of your avatar. Do what you will.

I don't agree with your case against llama. At the same time, I think you are a civilian for raising it.
The gif is from the final episode of Twin Peaks.

I originally used the gif as my avatar on the NarutoForums where I signed up to play DDL and Soneji's massive game.

Here's the original:

Oddly enough, when I shrunk it in order to make it work on this site, it seemed to glitch out. I honestly quite like it, as it ironically really suits the context of the episode the gif is taken from.

If it does twist other people's knickers, I will change it, though.

Back in game-land, I do find it odd that people aren't agreeing with my case, but failing to raise any real points against it, or suggesting a practical alternative.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote::sigh:
The last time Wilgy posted this face when someone didn't do what he wanted, he was bad.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DrWilgy wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:@LC and Wilgy: Would either of you be down for a Llama lynch?

Mine as well, but my read is entirely tone. What triggers your suspicion inh?
Here ya go
insertnamehere wrote:ELUCIDATIONS ON LLAMA:

If we're looking for the person who has talked the talk about catching baddies only to fail at walking the walk, Llama is at the top of the list.

Now, excepting the Denim Mini role which is filled with secrets, and the bizarre super-duper top secret role that isn't even listed on the role list, it's so damn secret, there's no way Llama could start the game with info on Sorsha's alignment. (Which is more or less irrelevant to Llama, anyway.)

Nevertheless, Llama comes out the game swinging at Sorsha. With no real reasoning and no real attempt to convince anyone else of Sorsha's scum-mery.

It's an empty move with an empty meaning that serves to generate empty discussion.

And then you have posts like this:
thellama73 wrote:I tend to view the game in terms of Hunters and Blenders. Some skilled baddies are able to seem like Hunters, but most Hunters are good. A lot of civilians are Blenders because that's just their playstyle, but a Blender is more likely to be bad.

So far:
A Person
Boomslang
Dragon D Luffy
DrWilgy
Elohcin
insernamehere
Long Con
Made
Metalmarsh89
MovingPictures07
ninjuukyugou
and Sorsha are Blenders

Epignosis
JaggedimmyJay
Quin
and Scotty have shown at least some signs of being Hunters.
I always find it funny that the people who make these reductive lists about who is playing the game as opposed to just, y'know, playing the game never deign to put themselves in the less analytical category.

This type of stuff always feels fake and ingratiating to me, like Llama is trying to push a narrative that benefits himself and not the civilians. Plus, I'd say that those four he singled out as "hunters" (as opposed to hunter-gatherers, I suppose) would most likely post frequently and aggressively tackle the game regardless of alignment, making this false hunter/blender dichotomy utterly irrelevant when it comes to actually telling who is good and who is bad.

But, it does clue us into what Llama was trying to accomplish with his throwaway accusation and vote. He's trying to look like a hunter without doing as much hunting as he possibly can. He instantly starts picking on someone who may not necessarily be in the top five post count players in every game they play, (i.e. a "blender") and zeros in on them.

It seems to be working out pretty well for him.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What I like about llama is that he has drawn attention to himself deliberately and doesn't seem to give a damn. He made the game's first accusation, he assumed a confident posture in that read, and then he placed the game's first vote. At face value I like that kind of behavior.
When these attention-getting maneuvers are pretty hollow and self-serving, it's a bad thing, and something Llama shouldn't get a pass on.

Other hot takes on Llama's posts:

Dislike him discouraging Scotty from inquiring about role secrets and mechanics, could be attempting to hint there.

As LC correctly identified, the "high posters are civs, low posters are sitting back and laughing" post is buddy-buddy and another example of Llama, the gifted writer that he is, inventing a narrative instead of trying to baddie-hunt.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@Epi this one.
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:It was an opportunity to take a jab at llama. You don't pass those up.
Understood.

Whaddya think of Sorsha?
She responded in a way I would have expected if she were good, I guess. When we were bad together last time, she came after me snottily. Last time when she was bad and I wasn't, she came after me snottily. llama and I think similarly, so maybe her response is an indication that she isn't bad.

Or maybe she's just snotty to me. :pout:
It's also been your general tone as well. It's off from what I'm used too.
Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote::sigh:
The last time Wilgy posted this face when someone didn't do what he wanted, he was bad.
You aren't wrong. What game was this though?

Linki - I remember that post. 1 second.
Image Image Image
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I have the worst feels for the following people:

MM- he's been present and posting but not saying much game relevant. I know that's typical Marmot, especially day one but I think there has been comment worthy material here that I'd expect him to weigh in on.

Scotty- I don't like how he so easily jumped on llamas case on me. It was still day zero and he was already prepping to jump on a Sorsha lynch-train. Very unlike Scotty who is normally a low/no poster voter, especially day one.

DDL- maybe he's just busy but he was a big poster early in ASOUE as a civ and hasn't been yet here. He's been here but like Epi pointed out, hasn't said much.

A Person, blooper, Eloh- no content but have posted
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

insertnamehere wrote: Back in game-land, I do find it odd that people aren't agreeing with my case, but failing to raise any real points against it, or suggesting a practical alternative.
It's a well thought out case but what it comes down to for me is: If llama is bad why would he go after me like that? He would know I'm civ and what good would going balls to the wall and lynching a civ like that on day one do?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sorsha wrote:
insertnamehere wrote: Back in game-land, I do find it odd that people aren't agreeing with my case, but failing to raise any real points against it, or suggesting a practical alternative.
It's a well thought out case but what it comes down to for me is: If llama is bad why would he go after me like that? He would know I'm civ and what good would going balls to the wall and lynching a civ like that on day one do?
He didn't expect it to work, and he didn't expect you to be lynched. Most people won't blindly follow a guy who says "LYNCH THIS DUDE" for no reason, and Llama had to know that. "Balls to the wall" seems like an exaggeration.

It's just doing stuff in order to make it look like he's doing stuff.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”