Thomas the Tank Engine [Night 9]

Moderator: Community Team

What winter activity should the passengers take part in?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Ice skating
No votes
Tubing
No votes
Snowboarding
No votes
Skiing
14%
Sledding
29%
Moving the Island (Host, etc.)
57%

Total votes: 7
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 20

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Night 1]

Post by reywaS »

thellama73 wrote:I love a hairbrained theory, and I'm going to stick with this one as long as it is tenable. The pig voters must have had info on the poll, and that means they cannot be trusted!
what makes them especially untrustworthy? Even if they do have info, that doesn't mean they are bad necessarily. Civvies get info on polls sometimes.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by thellama73 »

reywaS wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I love a hairbrained theory, and I'm going to stick with this one as long as it is tenable. The pig voters must have had info on the poll, and that means they cannot be trusted!
what makes them especially untrustworthy? Even if they do have info, that doesn't mean they are bad necessarily. Civvies get info on polls sometimes.
They are untrustworthy because I don't trust them, and vice versa.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 75

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Which animal will you carry?

Poll ended at Tue May 28, 2013 7:03 pm

Pigs
DisgruntledPorcupine (10), Nevinera (13), birdwithteeth11 (19), Mongoose (20)
19%

Chickens
Simon (7), Hedgeowl (9), McViper (11)
14%

Cows
Andrew (6), Snow Dog (15), Bullzeye (16)
14%

Goats
S~V~S (2), thellama73 (3), DharmaHelper (4), A Person (18)
19%

Horses
Lizzy (5), reywaS (17), Russtifinko (21)
14%

Polar bears (Host ,etc.)
Epignosis (1), Kate (8), Grutfud Orangesprite (12), MovingPictures07 (14)
19%

Total votes : 21

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Epignosis »

The dirty diesels are up to no good. S~V~S has been scrapped!
It is now Day 2. You have 24 hours to decommission an engine.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 24

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Day 2]

Post by S~V~S »

:(

Sorry Andrew, maybe we will get more of a chance to play together in your next game
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

RIPIYWG SVS. D:
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Nevinera »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:RIPIYWG SVS. D:
I don't think there's much doubt she was good.. RIP for sure.

Why SVS though? She didn't point the finger at anyone but Boogs, a known steamer..
All she's been doing is making other players justify their actions, and not even very harshly.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bullzeye »

Nevinera wrote:

Why SVS though? She didn't point the finger at anyone but Boogs, a known steamer..
All she's been doing is making other players justify their actions, and not even very harshly.
She almost had to have been good right? There's only one baddie team after all... I do agree she seems an odd choice to take out. Could she have done or said something to earn the baddies' wrath?
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Snow Dog »

RIP SVS. We'll try and avenge you.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:Russ: "The hinting at info or grand theories"
Snow: "what is this marvelous insight?"

Here's the text of the post you were both talking about:
Nevinera wrote:I've noticed a few things about the setup that I'd love to share, but if I point them out I'll almost certainly be scrapped tonight.
But everyone.. think about how the Narrows are going to play out, from various points of view.
And be careful, the early game is more important than usual here.
Point out any claimed 'grand theories' or 'marvelous insights'? I had some logic to share, and it was risky to do so.
I'm not trying to make out that you were playing up my post intentionally, or even that it would un-civ-il to do so if you were.
Just that it bore watching.

If the mafia has any players from my other games in it, then I probably didn't need to be worried really.
I'm like a suspicion magnet; I'll be at the top of every 'keep him alive to draw fire' list forever.
You really do go on don't you. We read your post. We know what you said. I already answered this and you chose to ignore it. Do you have any more to say on the matter?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Bullzeye wrote: She almost had to have been good right? There's only one baddie team after all... I do agree she seems an odd choice to take out. Could she have done or said something to earn the baddies' wrath?
I just don't see anything. I've been rereading her posts carefully, and I don't see any sensical reason someone would scrap her. A few nonsensical ones maybe, and one real stretch involving the secret power..

It kind of sounds like you're trying to direct the discourse here.
So tell me, *did* she do something to earn said wrath? -.O

linki Snow: Not really, I think I've expressed my reasons sufficiently. I certainly didn't "ignore" anything, but I'm not at all surprised that you'd cast it that way.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: She almost had to have been good right? There's only one baddie team after all... I do agree she seems an odd choice to take out. Could she have done or said something to earn the baddies' wrath?
I just don't see anything. I've been rereading her posts carefully, and I don't see any sensical reason someone would scrap her. A few nonsensical ones maybe, and one real stretch involving the secret power..

linki Snow: Not really, I think I've expressed my reasons sufficiently. I certainly didn't "ignore" anything, but I'm not at all surprised that you'd cast it that way.
Well you never answered my post so I didn't know what else to call it. If you have a better word I'll be willing to use it. All I have done is show what you have written.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Nevinera wrote:

Really? That's a bit of a stretch. I was just trying to start up a conversation that might have lead to some new people to look at or new ways to look at old suspects...
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

Nev is either a bit touchy or suspecting everyone at the moment. Personally I think he is bad. A bad diesel.

Really? That's a bit of a stretch. I was just trying to start up a conversation that might have lead to some new people to look at or new ways to look at old suspects...
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

^That got lost, this is what i said

Nev is either a bit touchy or suspecting everyone at the moment. Personally I think he is bad. A bad diesel.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote: Well you never answered my post so I didn't know what else to call it. If you have a better word I'll be willing to use it. All I have done is show what you have written.
Which post? You have three in which you said roughly the same thing, in increasingly shorter ways. I answered the first two, and my answers *more* than sufficed as a response to the post saying "I didn't misrepresent anything".

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=155&p=21559#p21621

That post was intended as a response to both you and Russ. I didn't *quote* your post because I find posts that involve a page of other posts quoted in them to be annoying, but I thought it was fairly clear who it was directed at. Since I put both of your names in the front.

linki Snow accusing me of being bad because I'm tired:

Not everyone, no. Just you really.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think what bullz said is logical and correct. I find Nev's reaction to it a little odd.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Day 1]

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Nice way to spread the vote even further~ the baddies can swoop in and lynch a civ with just one vote with such a spread, especially if the lurkers dont vote :(
I suspect this very good advice is likely the reason for her sudden departure. We would do well to heed it in the future.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nev. This is the post you didn't respond to

viewtopic.php?p=21559#p21559
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote:I think what bullz said is logical and correct. I find Nev's reaction to it a little odd.
It just felt stilted to me. Like he was trying to prompt us to come up with some theories without putting anything out there himself. My response was intended to be a bit tongue-in-cheek though.
thellama73 wrote:I suspect this very good advice is likely the reason for her sudden departure. We would do well to heed it in the future.
That does make some sense. She was behaving as sort of general font of wisdom for the new players in other ways too.
Maybe there just wasn't anyone they definitely wanted scrapped, so they decided to take out the stabilizing players who have been around the block the most?

linki snow: I already linked to the post that responded to that one.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Nice way to spread the vote even further~ the baddies can swoop in and lynch a civ with just one vote with such a spread, especially if the lurkers dont vote :(
I suspect this very good advice is likely the reason for her sudden departure. We would do well to heed it in the future.
I don't understand. She was Nked, not lynched. Or do you mean she was killed for giving good advice?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I think what bullz said is logical and correct. I find Nev's reaction to it a little odd.
It just felt stilted to me. Like he was trying to prompt us to come up with some theories without putting anything out there himself. My response was intended to be a bit tongue-in-cheek though.
thellama73 wrote:I suspect this very good advice is likely the reason for her sudden departure. We would do well to heed it in the future.
That does make some sense. She was behaving as sort of general font of wisdom for the new players in other ways too.
Maybe there just wasn't anyone they definitely wanted scrapped, so they decided to take out the stabilizing players who have been around the block the most?

linki snow: I already linked to the post that responded to that one.
It doesn't respond to it at all.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Anyway. To reiterate Nev. I virtually posted your comments as quoted by you and I'll not apologise for my writing style .
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I don't understand. She was Nked, not lynched. Or do you mean she was killed for giving good advice?
Bullz was asking what would make the baddies single her out for an NK. I was suggesting the good advice she was giving might be the reason.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

What are people's thoughts on the lynch today? I will going with a Pig voter, but haven't decided which one yet. Probably either Nev or DP. I think Hedgeowl may have been on to something with him.

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:What are people's thoughts on the lynch today? I will going with a Pig voter, but haven't decided which one yet. Probably either Nev or DP. I think Hedgeowl may have been on to something with him.
I have an eye on Nev after his response to me, but other than that I'm not too sure. I haven't been the most active player so I may need a reread today to see if there's anything I missed.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:What are people's thoughts on the lynch today? I will going with a Pig voter, but haven't decided which one yet. Probably either Nev or DP. I think Hedgeowl may have been on to something with him.
I have an eye on Nev after his response to me, but other than that I'm not too sure. I haven't been the most active player so I may need a reread today to see if there's anything I missed.
Yes nev. Not sure. He certainly has got attention now that's for sure. What's this about the pig voters?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

No. I do not think I am ready to lynch Nev yet.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I am still undecided, but I am uninclined towards Nev. There are accusations flying back and forth, but I don't find Nev anymore suspicious than Snow currently. I am doing some rereads, but find little to suspect except that Nev originally was absent. Clearly, this has been resolved. There are also many other players who have not posted much, including DP, who has ignored my accusation and lynch vote.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Hedgeowl wrote:I am still undecided, but I am uninclined towards Nev. There are accusations flying back and forth, but I don't find Nev anymore suspicious than Snow currently. I am doing some rereads, but find little to suspect except that Nev originally was absent. Clearly, this has been resolved. There are also many other players who have not posted much, including DP, who has ignored my accusation and lynch vote.
DP normally starts quiet.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:What's this about the pig voters?
All four votes for Pigs came from people who missed the previous lynch vote. I have a crazy conspiracy theory that these people had some info on the poll, and I think that indicates baddieness.

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Hosts- Since diesel 10 may prevent someone voting the next day, does this mean the person won't use the poll or will their vote instead be ignored?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote: All four votes for Pigs came from people who missed the previous lynch vote. I have a crazy conspiracy theory that these people had some info on the poll, and I think that indicates baddieness.
I didn't get anything from that poll, if it helps. Not even bacon, and I feel a bit cheated.
Would it have killed you to pm me some bacon, Epi?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Nevinera wrote:
thellama73 wrote: All four votes for Pigs came from people who missed the previous lynch vote. I have a crazy conspiracy theory that these people had some info on the poll, and I think that indicates baddieness.
I didn't get anything from that poll, if it helps. Not even bacon, and I feel a bit cheated.
Would it have killed you to pm me some bacon, Epi?

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Hedgeowl wrote:Hosts- Since diesel 10 may prevent someone voting the next day, does this mean the person won't use the poll or will their vote instead be ignored?
I would like to know this too....hosts?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
McViper
Posts in topic: 97

Post by McViper »

Yes, a pig voter sounds good to me. But let's coordinate and concentrate on one person.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Voting a pig voter is a lame idea imo. I or anyone could just as easily voted for pig.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 45

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hello, darkness. The old friends, but most of the time is important, but we are talking about the game, I think I like fish to water.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 45

Post by DharmaHelper »

An amazing community of users. the eye and acts like a dog, Niverin, an evil sword.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 20

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

RIP SVS. :( Not sure why someone would have wanted you dead at this point. Perhaps to be untraceable?

I feel like I haven't been active enough in this game yet, so I'm going to do a re-read and see if I notice anything else that piques my curiosity. I'm going to pay special attention to Nev and look for why DP has some suspicion.

Linki: Someone insanified much?
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Hedgeowl wrote:I am still undecided, but I am uninclined towards Nev. There are accusations flying back and forth, but I don't find Nev anymore suspicious than Snow currently. I am doing some rereads, but find little to suspect except that Nev originally was absent. Clearly, this has been resolved. There are also many other players who have not posted much, including DP, who has ignored my accusation and lynch vote.
Sorry mang, I didn't notice. I'll go look back. :p
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

So you said I haven't had much meaningful discussion. Fair enough. I'm not denying that. :p Not everyone's always full of ideas. ;o
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Bullzeye wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

She almost had to have been good right? There's only one baddie team after all...
Force of habit. :p
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

So many questions. Since DH has clearly been biff'd, is DH now free from suspicion or can baddies target one of their own to throw us off?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Hedgeowl wrote:So many questions. Since DH has clearly been biff'd, is DH now free from suspicion or can baddies target one of their own to throw us off?
Baddies do it a lot, I don't see why it'd be any different in this game.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:So many questions. Since DH has clearly been biff'd, is DH now free from suspicion or can baddies target one of their own to throw us off?
It could very well be different. This is kind of an easier game.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
But if they could only target civvies, that outs everyone they target as a civvie and towards the end it'd get really obvious who the baddies were. Would be easier for them to just not target anyone except for the NK if that were the case.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
But if they could only target civvies, that outs everyone they target as a civvie and towards the end it'd get really obvious who the baddies were. Would be easier for them to just not target anyone except for the NK if that were the case.
I was just saying what might be. I don't actually know.

Hosts can the diseasels self target?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:
Oh dear, I was afraid that might be the case. Well, we'll wait to hear. :sigh:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

A Person wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:I am currently suspicious of those who didn't vote. Especially those like Lizzy and A Person who were waiting so last minute that they missed the vote. First day voting for noobs could be an excuse for some, but doesn't work for everyone. Not sure on Nev currently, but he's not my inclination for the next vote.
I'm terrible at making decisions, so waiting until the last minute is the only way I get things done :(
This could be said about so many of us in this game :D However, Snow Dog I am curious if you will be voting for A Person again and do you have any further thoughts?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”