Posts in topic: 222
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Muppet Babies - Day 1

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:59 am
Neon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:17 am [VOTE: Dennis] aubergine
Why are you voting my townread?
For fun. And cause I don't agree with you
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Well on dennis anyways

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 145

Post by MacDougall »

Why not?
☆Princess Abigail☆

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:36 amWhy not?
I don't think he's been towny

Tbf I don't think he's been particularly scummy anyways but I don't think he should be widely town read at this point

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 102

Post by S~V~S »

Hey y'all,

I wanted to let you know I had a death in my family. It was my uncle, and we weren't close, but he was my Dads younger brother and he's pretty broken up, so I'm going to go hang with him today, and probably tomorrow, and will be AFK. I should be back to catch up in the evening so I can make an informed vote.

Thanks for patience.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 117

Post by sig »

Neon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:18 am
Kate wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:21 pm
sig wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:18 pm Also (and the real reason why I came in here)

I’m betting the entire mafia team (of two lol) isn’t someone actively posting
Here are your "low posters." Discuss.
There's a 97.8% chance there's at most 1 wolf there.
There’s only 2 so like that’s half?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kate wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:05 am
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:19 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:45 pm
sig wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:18 pm Also (and the real reason why I came in here)

It's sub-optimal for town to lynch slankers D1
Not explicitly. As long as the day is played out if consensus suggests it with a valid reason it's fine.
I'm sure there are certain circumstances where it's not, nothing is absolute.

I don't think you disagree that as a general rule of thumb, D1 slanker lynches are not ideal. And Kate gave a list of 7?

It's absurd to consider lynching within a pool of 7 slankers D1
Sig asked for inactives. I'm voting for sig, do you not see what I did there?
You voted me before that though? :ponder:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:29 pm
sig wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:26 pm You know my Mac vote did start off as a joke, but the longer he stays on me for no good reason the less I’m thinking it’s a joke vote and the more I’m thinking it’s a serious one. :ponder:

Having said that I’m much to lazy to actually try to get him voted off this phase :ninja:
Your flaccid attempts to persuade me to unvote me by threatening to maybe scumread me have given me a great deal of humour thank you.
Yea I don’t actually think you’re mafia, but like why not am I right?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:08 am @sig got any reads that don't involve me?
Yes sir

Wilgy, Falcon, you, are solid town. The first two for tone and how their banter came across. Now you might say sig didjt you just say fluff is NAI? Well yes I did but whatever. :shrug:

Neon and SVS are light town reads. SVS responded well to the push and Neon is posting as she normally does.

Kate is my leading mafia read right now. I think she very opportunistically jumped on my wagon and she always pokes/votes me when I’m mafia.

I’d also bet 100% the other mafia member is a low poster but not in the screenshot she sent over. :keys:

You’re welcome I solved the game.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Alternatively both Wilgy and Falcon are mafia and fucking with everyone’s but that’s like a super tin foil theory
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Kate »

sig wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:12 am

Not explicitly. As long as the day is played out if consensus suggests it with a valid reason it's fine.

I don't think you disagree that as a general rule of thumb, D1 slanker lynches are not ideal. And Kate gave a list of 7?

You voted me before that though? :ponder:
I'm not playing this game with you again kiddo. I'm civ for real this time, so stop it! ✋️ :haha:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

sig wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:08 am @sig got any reads that don't involve me?
Yes sir

Wilgy, Falcon, you, are solid town. The first two for tone and how their banter came across. Now you might say sig didjt you just say fluff is NAI? Well yes I did but whatever. :shrug:

Neon and SVS are light town reads. SVS responded well to the push and Neon is posting as she normally does.

Kate is my leading mafia read right now. I think she very opportunistically jumped on my wagon and she always pokes/votes me when I’m mafia.

I’d also bet 100% the other mafia member is a low poster but not in the screenshot she sent over. :keys:

Yeet.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:15 am Hey y'all,

I wanted to let you know I had a death in my family. It was my uncle, and we weren't close, but he was my Dads younger brother and he's pretty broken up, so I'm going to go hang with him today, and probably tomorrow, and will be AFK. I should be back to catch up in the evening so I can make an informed vote.

Thanks for patience.
Love you 💔❤️💔❤️
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Matahari »

Sherry, I’m sorry to hear your news. My condolences to you and your family.
Proud slanker here. I’m usually pretty quiet during the first two days, but by day 3, I never seem to stop talking.
I’ve played maybe 7 games in the last 6 years that are not classic games, and it still blows my mind the way people throw votes out so early on day 1. I understand that sometimes the votes are just a way to engage a player and get them to talk, but sometimes it’s not. So I’m going to ask a question (hypothetical situation, actually) and I would really like to hear ppl’s thoughts about it. I understand though, if you would prefer not to discuss this, as it might interfere with your personal strategy. Ok, here goes:

The hosts post that there has been a lice outbreak in the nursery/playroom, and everyone has to go home for the day so the room can be decontaminated. Everyone has 1 hour to either vote or abstain. What would you do?

I’d really like to hear what people would do, but again, I understand if you prefer to keep your thought private.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 122

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:17 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:54 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:21 pm @falcon45ca is your Wilgy read legitimate?

@DrWilgy what's with the omgus vote onto someone you were townreading? I assume joke? If so... your sense of humour is borked.

@Neon I think sig is mafia you should sheep me.
Of course it is. Falcon and I have been jabbing at each other all game so far.

Why wouldn't that be the immediate conclusion?
I think it's fairly clear that it was my immediate conclusion?
Aye, but the uncertainty around it feels like it was made into a point to just make it into a point.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Yes sir

When "I'm mafia"?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Matahari wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:58 am Sherry, I’m sorry to hear your news. My condolences to you and your family.
Proud slanker here. I’m usually pretty quiet during the first two days, but by day 3, I never seem to stop talking.
I’ve played maybe 7 games in the last 6 years that are not classic games, and it still blows my mind the way people throw votes out so early on day 1. I understand that sometimes the votes are just a way to engage a player and get them to talk, but sometimes it’s not. So I’m going to ask a question (hypothetical situation, actually) and I would really like to hear ppl’s thoughts about it. I understand though, if you would prefer not to discuss this, as it might interfere with your personal strategy. Ok, here goes:

The hosts post that there has been a lice outbreak in the nursery/playroom, and everyone has to go home for the day so the room can be decontaminated. Everyone has 1 hour to either vote or abstain. What would you do?

I’d really like to hear what people would do, but again, I understand if you prefer to keep your thought private.
I'm leaving my vote as it is, as I believe Sig slipped.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Matahari wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:58 am Sherry, I’m sorry to hear your news. My condolences to you and your family.

Good to play with you again Matahari.

I'd vote Sig in this scenario. He's been more talkative than a few others, but I do not have a reason to town lean them in spite of that.

I think as it stands I wouldn't vote in Dennis, Kate, Falcon, Mac, Neon or SVS.

Leaving Sig, you, Daisy and SixStrings as PoE.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Kate wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:36 pm

This one really does feel like a slip lol.

I normally don't pay credo to "slips" as it happens, but SIG already not being a tr and then that happens makes me like :eye: 👄 :eye:
Image Image Image
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:56 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:15 pm People are making reads real quick here and I'm struggling to keep up

Anyone could still be bad in my book but SVS is probably my highest town read because she found a way to write 2 paragraphs in a single post already. Mostly gut but shrug emoji
Why is writing 2 large paragraphs in a post towny?

Finding ways to post a lot is def something Maf do early game to appear involved.
Idk man it's gut. Can't explain it
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:16 am
Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:15 pm People are making reads real quick here and I'm struggling to keep up

Anyone could still be bad in my book but SVS is probably my highest town read because she found a way to write 2 paragraphs in a single post already. Mostly gut but shrug emoji
I... what?
See previous post. Where I said "Idk man it's gut. Can't explain it"
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:19 am
Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:38 pm

4/7 are not players and I'll be damned if Roxy or Splints gave Strings mafia on his first game.
That's uhhh not how that works
I meant more I'm not gonna get all up in his face while he has just been dropped into this with little to actually go off of
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Hm I think you're town

If I had to vote someone right now it might be sig? Because he is active and normally from town sig I expect a quieter start
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

I doubt that was a slip. I raised my eyebrow at it for like half a second but then realized 9.5 times out of 10 he meant to say "when she's mafia" and got confused and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Dennis wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:05 pm
Neon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:19 am
Dennis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:38 pm

4/7 are not players and I'll be damned if Roxy or Splints gave Strings mafia on his first game.
That's uhhh not how that works
I meant more I'm not gonna get all up in his face while he has just been dropped into this with little to actually go off of
Meaning I'm giving him a grace period. He's not lock town forever
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dennis wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:12 pm

I doubt that was a slip. I raised my eyebrow at it for like half a second but then realized 9.5 times out of 10 he meant to say "when she's mafia" and got confused and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt
Hi, giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm Kate.
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Kate is cleared for me atm

She's talking a lot lol
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kate wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:27 am
Yes sir

Yeet.
When she’s mafia is obviously what I mean. I blame phone postinh
ImageImage
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 95

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:16 am

I think you should reread the posts you're commenting on because Kate was not doing what you think she was.
Oh well that's possible, I was drinking last night
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:18 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:20 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:21 pm @falcon45ca is your Wilgy read legitimate?

@DrWilgy what's with the omgus vote onto someone you were townreading? I assume joke? If so... your sense of humour is borked.

@Neon I think sig is mafia you should sheep me.
Yes it is.

How do you think I arrived at my SR on Wilgy? What's your perception of how my mind works on that read?
Why don't you just go ahead and explain. I'm not going to put words in your mouth.

I'm not asking for you to put words in my mouth, just your point of view
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Yeah, I misunderstood.

Recently my entire life has been diagnosed as one huge head injury. Pray for Mojo
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sig def could be Maf
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:16 pm Sig def could be Maf
I wish. ;(
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I’m just kinda lacking the motivation right now.

Hmmmm

Yea Kate’s my only potential mafia and even that’s probably more of a no you
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Aight so it's probably time I admit I lied about my Neon read and have been scumreading her the entire time.

I think Neon, Wilgy and Sig are all mad sus.

Neon is so far our of their town meta in this game I'm basically confbiased she's a wolf. Her reaction when I asked her to vote sig was wehhhhh and then Wilgy globbed my Neon town read so awkwardly.

Yah.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:41 pm Aight so it's probably time I admit I lied about my Neon read and have been scumreading her the entire time.

Neon is so far our of their town meta in this game I'm basically confbiased she's a wolf. Her reaction when I asked her to vote sig was wehhhhh and then Wilgy globbed my Neon town read so awkwardly.

Yah.
What about Kate
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

sig wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:41 pm Aight so it's probably time I admit I lied about my Neon read and have been scumreading her the entire time.

Yah.
What about Kate
She's town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What she said.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I’m not fully buying it
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I don’t think the way Kate voted for me was genuine at all, but I’ll let it rest for now.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:02 pm I’m not fully buying it
What the hell am I meant to do with this? You sound frozen as hell lol.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:03 pm
:shrug:

what do you mean?
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'll caveat that with so many slankers I could be wrong easily but I started off thinking that the part where Neon was townreading me and you accused me of Omgus was a weird projection of what she was doing to me. So I decided to townlock her to see if she'd do the expected from a position of feeling confident she had me pocketed ie. shield you and not sheep me. Which she did do. She voted you briefly and got her vote off you asap onto my townread. I got no real doubt Neon is mafia here.

Wilgy is sus outside of this but he agreed with my fake townread on Neon in a very scummy way.

You're actually the one of the 3 reads I'm less confident on but only because twtbw.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:04 pm

what do you mean?
You are very stilted and don't seem to know what to say.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:50 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:15 pm I kinda think Neon is town here. Not 100 but... kinda.
Yarp. I agree, too much energy to be a wolf I fink.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:07 pm

what do you mean?
I disagree :p
ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

sig wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:11 am

Yes. Now that we've all done math.

At most 1 but possibly 0

ImageImage

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sig wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:07 pm

what do you mean?
I disagree :p

Though I’ll tell you realistic having a lot of trouble finding my footing read wise so far.

Even my tone reads seem shaky and it’s been a really weird day 1. So maybe that’s what it is
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Neon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:11 pm
sig wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:11 am

Yes. Now that we've all done math.

At most 1 but possibly 0
Right, but you’re making it seem like 1 wolf isn’t alot when in a game of this size it is
ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Dennis wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:04 pm
Neon wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:16 am

I... what?
See previous post. Where I said "Idk man it's gut. Can't explain it"
Yeah see but that's not gonna cut it

ImageImage

Return to “Previous Hustles”