It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Re: [DAY 3] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by chaindeath »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Did anyone notice chaindeath just voted for Nero?
Chaindeath did! He ment to when he posted his last post. balgh repeated words He still feels that Nero is the one to lynch, also he will try to be on when the EoD comes around, if there arnt 10+ pages to catch up on he should be able to be active. He's driving for the next two hours so he'd only have ~45 mins to catch up. See ya'll then.
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by agleaminranks »

Arrgh! THis was supposed to have been posted like 6 hours ago before I went to work, but apparently there was an error I didn't see. So, this is my train of thought from six hours ago:

I really dislike some of Scotty's actions so far this game. He says he's going to vote for the no-shows Day 1 as a rule, like it's typical Scotty action to do. I'm not going to deny it isn't.
Scotty wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Scotty always votes automatically for the most inactive player on day 1.
Ding ding ding!

If he posts, then I comb through low-posters for the quality of their posts and I pick the one that just looks off to me
Several people have argued so far that the civilians win when they get the most information, or that it's the best strategy for moving forward. What sort of information do we get for lynching the player with the least amount of activity? Practically zero.
Scotty wrote:Wow. Everyone checked in. I'm impressed.
Tranq wrote:
Scotty wrote:I will bet my [hopefully] unborn child that the 30 person coordinated vote will not work out. There will be too many no-shows. There always is in these games.
No-shows could get replaced. I see no harm in trying Wilgy's plan. For science!
Of the low posters, Tranq's only post here seems very bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Will continue to scan the thread but he's going to get my vote right now.
Can't really speak for Tranq seeing as how he was eliminated kind of early but yeah, Tranq wasn't very active. That being said, it doesn't seem to me like Tranq was being 100% serious with this post. Yet Scotty wants to lynch 'em for being overeager?
Scotty wrote:
ika wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: ISO me Ika.
mkay one min
This is like a girlfriend "I'm just gonna put on my makeup" minute.

Also, @Wilgy, you seem overeager to have someone ISO you like you are cocky that you have nothing to hide. It's Day 1 shenanigans, and you almost got lynched for said shenanigans, so, like, everyone should be ISOing you anyway.

I didn't find what you were saying as inherently bad in day 1 and didn't understand the traction on your lynch. But I don't like the invitation to read into you more thoroughly. You seem like you are proud that you don't *look* guilty. :ponder:
Here he reads into Wilgy a bit which is fine. Wilgy, however, isn't long for this world.
Scotty wrote:
Tranq wrote:I voted Bullzeye. I feel he got replaced way too fast after his vote. He took the time to catch up, vote for me, said he'll ask to be replaced, and got replaced 4 minutes after that. Feels like the arrangements to get him replaced were already set in motion before he posted and voted.
Tranq wrote:
Scotty wrote:I will bet my [hopefully] unborn child that the 30 person coordinated vote will not work out. There will be too many no-shows. There always is in these games.
Of the low posters, Tranq's only post here seems very bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Will continue to scan the thread but he's going to get my vote right now.
Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed? I haven't heard that one before. What do you mean by that?
You are a big :eye: . Come on, why is it suspicious to be asked to be replaced? There were a bunch of pages after he voted for you, and I'll admit I was thinking the same thing: "holy camoley Batman, how am I gonna keep up with this" so this seems legitimate to me and says nothing about his alignment. He, like me, found you suspicious.

And by bright-eyed and bushy tailed, I of course mean Bambi- if Bambi were actually a 300 pound tattoo-covered Hispanic man named Carlos. I found your one post in day 1 to be naive and uninformed. Like you found the bullet point of the thread and tried to offer your opinion without actually adding anything.
Scotty, apart from your analysis of Wilgy, you had been doing the exact same thing in this game so far.
Scotty wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:You know what big, bold, brazen, and unbacked claims result in? Good guys getting lynched.
I thought that by making this point and then following up with something ridiculous like that would make it clear that this was supposed to be parody. But I guess you guys didn't catch that. I'm not endorsing that theory at all, lol. It was more trying to point out what sort of reasoning Luffy's play tactics would lead to.
Way to backtrack. I didn't read that as parody at all. Parody is more along the lines of: being exaggeratingly funny. Like Monty Python. Or a bear in a bonnet riding a tricycle.

You also tossed out a bunch of absolutisms concerning mislynching civs. Like you're the authority on the case. I can see why people would have wanted to vote you.[/quote]

Just wanted to ask: what's with all the anachronisms? Is this typical of Scotty? Or is it just a way of throwing some flash on his posts to distract from the fact that they hold no content?

Next is a nicer analysis on Golden and Wilgy, which at least is contributing.

Then:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@scotty: can Wilgy and I both be good?
Yes.
So can haggis. Just because I had some good haggis once when I was really hungry doesn't mean that it's universally good.

But yea.
Who is your top suspect after Day 1's events?
Tranq I think.
Still tunneling Tranq.
Scotty wrote:Why on earth did Tranq get killed? Guess I really can't read people.
Quin wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@scotty: can Wilgy and I both be good?
Yes.
So can haggis. Just because I had some good haggis once when I was really hungry doesn't mean that it's universally good.

But yea.
Who is your top suspect after Day 1's events?
Tranq I think.
Scotty, what brought you to this conclusion? I find it weird that you didn't justify yourself to either Wilgy or Sloonei who questioned you about it. Ping-pong. That should be a smilie. From my point of view, you are the only one who has a good reason to arrest Tranq.

My vote goes to Scotty for now. It is not the strongest, but I do not agree with a Golden, Matt, Luffy or Sloonei lynch. It's not 6, unfortunately.
Tone and quality. I saw some pings from the active players, but not enough that I was looking too harshly at them.
From low-posters, however, I honestly just felt Tranq's 2 posts to be lacking. He was like a paraplegic cheerleader- wanting to be part of the game, but had a hard time dancing with the others. (Oh god I'm going to hell for that one)

But yeah I was wrong.

Didn't justify myself? Perhaps you missed this post I made prior:
Spoiler: show
Scotty wrote:
Tranq wrote:I voted Bullzeye. I feel he got replaced way too fast after his vote. He took the time to catch up, vote for me, said he'll ask to be replaced, and got replaced 4 minutes after that. Feels like the arrangements to get him replaced were already set in motion before he posted and voted.
Tranq wrote:
Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed? I haven't heard that one before. What do you mean by that?
You are a big :eye: . Come on, why is it suspicious to be asked to be replaced? There were a bunch of pages after he voted for you, and I'll admit I was thinking the same thing: "holy camoley Batman, how am I gonna keep up with this" so this seems legitimate to me and says nothing about his alignment. He, like me, found you suspicious.

And by bright-eyed and bushy tailed, I of course mean Bambi- if Bambi were actually a 300 pound tattoo-covered Hispanic man named Carlos. I found your one post in day 1 to be naive and uninformed. Like you found the bullet point of the thread and tried to offer your opinion without actually adding anything.
And lol. If I were a cop, why on earth would I arrest Tranq? I was probably his main detractor! This kill seems totally random, or switched via Daisy power.
Day 2, Tranq is arrested. Scotty says his read was wrong.

"If I were a cop, why on earth would I arrest Tranq?" Yes, you were his main detractor. It would almost make it too obvious if Tranq gets arrested right after you pull for him. As if you were being framed. Which is possible, but also a lazy cop-out if you are a cop, and easier to get sympathy so early in the game.
Scotty wrote:Putting a vote on Gleam for now. Because.
Now he votes for me. Because.
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@ Quirinius: I don't agree with your vote on Scotty. I don't see a clear connection between him suspecting Tranq and Tranq getting thrown in the slammer last night. It doesn't add up for that to be the Police strategy. Also, and take this for what it's worth, I just nabbed Scotty as scum on Day 1 in Rocky & Bullsinkle, and I'm not getting the same vibes from him in this game. He hasn't done anything to earn himself a town read, but he's not a scum read either. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but uh, toot toot.
:feb: thanks for the Cred, man!

As for me voting gleam: it's mostly a continuation suspicion of my night 1 eyeing of him for being a floppy pancake. But I'm far too lazy to look it up right now. About to enter a poker tournament.

This isn't just. Throwaway vote on a wagon. It's just gut, and he happens to have a bunch of votes piles on as well, so there's that.
For being a "floppy pancake"? Where the hell was I flopping? In switching my vote to Diiny? He was the only vote I made.
Scotty wrote:Did you guys know that "sig" spelled backward is "cop"?

sig
Scotty wrote:I just did a read of Quin.

He's a cop.

Hey Quin, what is your opinion of sig? Straight up.
[/quote]

The rest of Scotty's posts up till now are either just shitposting or lazy stuff like this.

I think I see some connections between you and Wilgy. Scotty, you're reading to me like the laziest cop. I have to go now but I just really dislike everything coming from you so far. You also stayed in the chat during the hours I said to look for low posters just enough to stay on radar, but without really contributing anything. Baddy baddy BADDY. You'll be getting my vote probably.

The circumstances on Silverwolf and ika have given me enough reason to change my initial read on both of them. I'm personally getting more of a civvie vibe from Quin. I don't know what else to add that's relevant here.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I don't have any big objections to any of the three main wagons today. That's not to say I'm reading all three of sig, LC, and Nero as bad, but I won't cause a big stink about any of them being on the chopping block. I still think Enrique/boomslang and Quin are worth looking at, but I have to go to work and my vote is not likely to move.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

I still need to examine the other top candidates for today's lynch but other than that, I feel like I'm still reading civ on just about everyone that's posting regularly. I really don't know what else to think. This game is getting complicated.

But I think the most suspicious would be the people that sat out the Day 2 discussion when attention was directed elsewhere.
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Oh, so for the present moment, Scotty.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do think sig is the most sure-thing of them all, and at the very least I think we should be following up on yesterday's results today before they get lost in the rear view. I encourage his lynch, but I don't object to people voting for nero or LC right now either, if they are so inclined.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

I would like to revisit Scotty, but at this point I don't think the numbers are there.

CFD anyone? :keys:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote:I do think sig is the most sure-thing of them all, and at the very least I think we should be following up on yesterday's results today before they get lost in the rear view. I encourage his lynch, but I don't object to people voting for nero or LC right now either, if they are so inclined.
I'm not, but fine. :shrug:

I still find it funny people are ignoring Sloonie trying to redirect the wagon onto Matt from Fuzz, Epi avoiding the big wagon, and LC tying the vote.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I do think sig is the most sure-thing of them all, and at the very least I think we should be following up on yesterday's results today before they get lost in the rear view. I encourage his lynch, but I don't object to people voting for nero or LC right now either, if they are so inclined.
I'm not, but fine. :shrug:

I still find it funny people are ignoring Sloonie trying to redirect the wagon onto Matt from Fuzz, Epi avoiding the big wagon, and LC tying the vote.
No one's ignoring it, that's just not really what happened. Golden and Turnip Head both have gone on to say that they were also looking at other options diring the CFD. That's also what I was doing. I just chose to do it by moving my vote. Do you think I'm a cop?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con

He is more likely to be scum then Nero imo. I also know I'm not scum so that leaves LC. I believe LC end of day last minute vote for Ika is much more suspicious then my vote, espacilly since I was active in the thread giving my views.

linki: I"m leaning yes, and it is widely being ignored by people who are intent on lynching me. I also made this point for why Golden was suspicious. BUT wait me being agaisnt a CFD is more suspicious then you trying to redirect the it onto another player who was then killed so obviously not mafia? You attempted to redirect the wagon onto a civ from the mafia member.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:In every game I've ever played with Long Con, other people have been able to express very confident reads on him based on some sort of meta that I've never been able to recognize. Granted, this is only like the third time we've played together over the course of about a year. I'll ISO him at some point soon and see what I come up with.
It feels like every time I've suspected Long Con, he was good, and every time I've defended him, he was bad. I think I have gotten his alignment right all of one time. :doh:
Okay... what do you think of him right now?
If Long Con is bad, then he voted hastily to save a teammate, and I have trouble believing that's something he would do, although maybe that's the point. If you're experienced enough being bad, you can take the risk of looking so bad that people think that there's no way you could be that bad at being bad, and they leave you alone. I've done that a few times. :dark:

I doubt that's what I'm seeing here. LC expressed suspicion of ika (however mild) before people jumped on Fuzz.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Matt »

Matt wrote:Marmot, how did you know I misunderstood Golden and that Golden just wasn't bad and lying through his teeth?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Golden, you said you "completely agree". What do you think those two words together mean?

I don't blame Matt for misunderstanding you. Your statement wasn't a direct representation of your view.
Image Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:Long Con

He is more likely to be scum then Nero imo. I also know I'm not scum so that leaves LC. I believe LC end of day last minute vote for Ika is much more suspicious then my vote, espacilly since I was active in the thread giving my views.

linki: I"m leaning yes, and it is widely being ignored by people who are intent on lynching me. I also made this point for why Golden was suspicious. BUT wait me being agaisnt a CFD is more suspicious then you trying to redirect the it onto another player who was then killed so obviously not mafia? You attempted to redirect the wagon onto a civ from the mafia member.
I don't think you're really reading my posts critically if you interpret me as trying to move the lynch from Fuzz to Matt.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Woof, gleam. That was a fun read. I'll get to it, but not tonight. I'm finishing a matinee and have to perform in 2 hours so my time will be limited.
Quin wrote:I would like to revisit Scotty, but at this point I don't think the numbers are there.

CFD anyone? :keys:
Don't think I don't see what you and gleam are doing. I see you.

Sig/Quin/gleam as a team makes sense to me.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:I still find it funny people are ignoring Sloonie trying to redirect the wagon onto Matt from Fuzz, Epi avoiding the big wagon, and LC tying the vote.
You keep saying I avoided the two bandwagons, like I knew what was going on when I sat down to vote (presumably to save myself) and purposely went out of my way to stay out of it. If you think I'm going to vote where other people are voting just to be with in the "in-crowd" when I don't even know why one of the two people are taking votes, you're mistaken.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:I still find it funny people are ignoring Sloonie trying to redirect the wagon onto Matt from Fuzz, Epi avoiding the big wagon, and LC tying the vote.
You keep saying I avoided the two bandwagons, like I knew what was going on when I sat down to vote (presumably to save myself) and purposely went out of my way to stay out of it. If you think I'm going to vote where other people are voting just to be with in the "in-crowd" when I don't even know why one of the two people are is taking votes, you're mistaken.
Also, shit.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hi y'all. Catching up in one fell swoop because I haven't been able to post much.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I feel like if I have to pursue another gleam lynch I'm gonna have an aneurism.
Lol.
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:This post, Epi. You clearly held the same opinion for me as you did him right here.
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:linki: You're right Epi, of course. The way I went about addressing that issue was definitely weird, but I don't regret it because it lead me to understand how Wilgy felt about you before he died. How do you feel about Metalmarsh now? I know you scumread him as much as you did me, but have those feelings changed? Why did you pick me over the marmot to lynch?
Eh? When did this happen?
Help me out here.
I'm not sure how. It's all right there.
I don't mention MetalMarsh89 in the post you quoted. I have no idea what you're getting at. MM voted me Day 1, but I didn't suspect him for it. He had a reason (a bad one), but he had a reason.
Actually, I voted for you on Day 2.
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:This post, Epi. You clearly held the same opinion for me as you did him right here.
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:linki: You're right Epi, of course. The way I went about addressing that issue was definitely weird, but I don't regret it because it lead me to understand how Wilgy felt about you before he died. How do you feel about Metalmarsh now? I know you scumread him as much as you did me, but have those feelings changed? Why did you pick me over the marmot to lynch?
Eh? When did this happen?
Help me out here.
I'm not sure how. It's all right there.
I don't mention MetalMarsh89 in the post you quoted. I have no idea what you're getting at. MM voted me Day 1, but I didn't suspect him for it. He had a reason (a bad one), but he had a reason.
Aw shit. I think I mixed up metalmarsh with nerolunar. I have no excuse. :shrug:
I am a beautiful and charming marmot, not to be confused with.... whatever a nerolunar is. :grin:
indiglo wrote:
Quin wrote:How do people post their ISO's? It just seems like a lot of effort of going back and forth between pages to keep quotes. There's got to be a faster method than that, right?
If I need to quote something, here is my method. :noble:

I right click anything I want to quote and open it in a new tab (I'm a pc). Then I post my reply and keep going in my original tab. Orrr I collect several quote tabs that way, then copy/paste them into 1 tab and reply there. Does that make sense?
I like the ctrl-left click method for opening up tabs myself. :nicenod:

But my brain doesn't get mushy that way, so I guess your preference on brain consistency is important.
Nerolunar wrote:As of now, yeah I am reading Ika as bad. I guess it would be stupid of him to vote for Fuzz, but I believe that was what occured anyway. Maybe he forgot he had the votes, maybe he actively bussed to save himself. Regardless of what happened, he has still exhibited scummy behavior in my opinion. I won´t lynch him today though, as he can´t defend himself. I am much more comfortable with lynching Chaindeath. He is just scummy all over.

Chaindeath
I don't see it. Why is chaindeath scummy? And not just scummy, but scummy all over?
Epignosis wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Epignosis had voted for me based on very little evidence(the steering of the thread) and that pinged me. He has exhibited civ behavior lately though, so Im neutral on him now.
Nerolunar

Am I exhibiting civilian behavior now? :feb:
Hi there. What happened to that fellow playing under your moniker on Day 1? :feb:

Also, who wants to CFD zebra with me? :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I think sig taking his focus off of Golden, but still accusing sloonei, makes me believe ever more that sig is a civvie with no btsc. Haha.

I'm going to hit Marmot up for now.
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Matt wrote:I think sig taking his focus off of Golden, but still accusing sloonei, makes me believe ever more that sig is a civvie with no btsc. Haha.

remind me who you subbed in for again

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Scotty wrote:
Matt wrote:I think sig taking his focus off of Golden, but still accusing sloonei, makes me believe ever more that sig is a civvie with no btsc. Haha.

sprityo, yo
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote:Matt is probably my dark horse lynch option, if we're all gonna start throwing names into the Chinese Fire Drill pool.

Linki: I see we have started doing that! And Matt has other takers.
Sloonei wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am starting to feel more inclined to vote for Epi, and if I reach a point where I'm confident enough to do that, I will do it.
Is that gonna happen on its own? Are you looking for encouragement?

also why is everyone voting fuzz now wtf i wasnt serious
It did happen, briefly. I suppose you could say I was looking for encouragement, aye. I wanted my decision to be the one that most people agreed with, because I am member of the town team, and I am mindful of everyone else's opinions. But now I'm on Fuzz. See the poll.
I'd still like to keep the discussion open for everyone.
Why aren't we voting for Matt?

linki to infinity and beyond
Sloonei wrote:
sig wrote:Why would mafia Fuzz pop in at endgame and vote Ike unless he was saving Gleam/Epi if this was the case why ditch both those wagons? This is the scummiest CFD since the one I lead to stop me from getting lynched when I was almost confirmed mafia

@Epi he didn't
because he needed to vote, and maybe all three of them are townies and he just wanted to send any one of them to jail.

also i put my vote on Matt. How do we all feel about that?
Sloonei wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
sig wrote:Why would mafia Fuzz pop in at endgame and vote Ike unless he was saving Gleam/Epi if this was the case why ditch both those wagons? This is the scummiest CFD since the one I lead to stop me from getting lynched when I was almost confirmed mafia

@Epi he didn't
because he needed to vote, and maybe all three of them are townies and he just wanted to send any one of them to jail.

I feel it's a waste of a vote this close to EOD.
Everyone in the game has the power to change their vote in an instant, as we just saw. Why can't we all do it for Matt instead of Fuzz?

These all seem like pushing for a MAtt lynch and trying to stop the fuzz lynch so yes I'm reading your post and yes this is what you where saying.
Sloonei wrote:
sig wrote:I view Silver's I will stop playing or be inactive if he is lynched and I will never play here again as emotional blackmail, but fine I won't bring that up again. Some did resist I'm sure, but to say everyone who did is mafia is foolish and shortsighted. I think this does clear Ika however, I firmly believe Epi is mafia, he avoided both wagons. If you really want to look at suspicious Fuzz voters I'd name Sloonie of the top of my head. Tried to redirect the lynch onto matt but ended up switching back. Maybe also LC for his last minute swoop after having not been in the thread.
However, I stand by my vote Ika/Silver behavior was off, the quick CFD which I've always been agaisnt was off, and the case on Fuzz was flimsy at best.
I was not trying to switch the wagon to Matt. I was gauging reactions, sure. I wasn't 100% confident about Fuzz and I'm not gonna pretend that I was, but I still liked the lynch. I was also considering Matt, though, and I thought I'd test the waters. I knew where my vote was and where it would end up all along. :(
Then suddenly we have this which is after the lynch, I call bull on this. Fuzz is your teammate you spent the CFD trying to redirect it onto Matt it didn't work so you made this post as an excuse to why you tried to redirect the wagon.

linki: Matt if you think I'm civ you should vote to save me. :nicenod:
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I think I'm gonna make sure I don't come during the last hour just in case there is another CFD.

I've had enough of those for 2016.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Nah, you should vote Marmot sig. And others should too. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I think I'm gonna make sure I don't come during the last hour just in case there is another CFD.

Why when the last one went so well? Why avoid them?
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Matt wrote:
Scotty wrote:

sprityo, yo
ah k, gotcha.

I'm not all sure what made you take your suspicion off of Golden. I know you presumably can't talk about it, but it's odd how sudden it was.

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Scotty wrote:
Matt wrote:
Scotty wrote:

sprityo, yo
ah k, gotcha.

I'm not all sure what made you take your suspicion off of Golden. I know you presumably can't talk about it, but it's odd how sudden it was.
It's an educated guess on my part. Nothing more. For all I know, Golden is king Cop, but I'm not feelin' it.
Image Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sig wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I think I'm gonna make sure I don't come during the last hour just in case there is another CFD.

Just because a russian roulette went good for you once doesn't mean it's wise to keep doing it over and over.

Also I recall you opposing it. Why the 180º?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Matt wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Matt wrote:
Scotty wrote:

sprityo, yo
ah k, gotcha.

It's an educated guess on my part. Nothing more. For all I know, Golden is king Cop, but I'm not feelin' it.
Also, and I'd like to clarify...

My suss from Golden to complete non suss of Golden has nothing to do with my previous or current role. It's all thread related. Just don't want anyone to think I have some sort of unfair advantage, trust me, I do not.
Image Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Matt is probably my dark horse lynch option, if we're all gonna start throwing names into the Chinese Fire Drill pool.

Linki: I see we have started doing that! And Matt has other takers.
Sloonei wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am starting to feel more inclined to vote for Epi, and if I reach a point where I'm confident enough to do that, I will do it.
Is that gonna happen on its own? Are you looking for encouragement?

also why is everyone voting fuzz now wtf i wasnt serious
It did happen, briefly. I suppose you could say I was looking for encouragement, aye. I wanted my decision to be the one that most people agreed with, because I am member of the town team, and I am mindful of everyone else's opinions. But now I'm on Fuzz. See the poll.
I'd still like to keep the discussion open for everyone.
Why aren't we voting for Matt?

linki to infinity and beyond
Sloonei wrote:

@Epi he didn't

Sloonei wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

@Epi he didn't

I feel it's a waste of a vote this close to EOD.
Everyone in the game has the power to change their vote in an instant, as we just saw. Why can't we all do it for Matt instead of Fuzz?

These all seem like pushing for a MAtt lynch and trying to stop the fuzz lynch so yes I'm reading your post and yes this is what you where saying.
Sloonei wrote:
sig wrote:I view Silver's I will stop playing or be inactive if he is lynched and I will never play here again as emotional blackmail, but fine I won't bring that up again. Some did resist I'm sure, but to say everyone who did is mafia is foolish and shortsighted. I think this does clear Ika however, I firmly believe Epi is mafia, he avoided both wagons. If you really want to look at suspicious Fuzz voters I'd name Sloonie of the top of my head. Tried to redirect the lynch onto matt but ended up switching back. Maybe also LC for his last minute swoop after having not been in the thread.
However, I stand by my vote Ika/Silver behavior was off, the quick CFD which I've always been agaisnt was off, and the case on Fuzz was flimsy at best.
I was not trying to switch the wagon to Matt. I was gauging reactions, sure. I wasn't 100% confident about Fuzz and I'm not gonna pretend that I was, but I still liked the lynch. I was also considering Matt, though, and I thought I'd test the waters. I knew where my vote was and where it would end up all along. :(
Then suddenly we have this which is after the lynch, I call bull on this. Fuzz is your teammate you spent the CFD trying to redirect it onto Matt it didn't work so you made this post as an excuse to why you tried to redirect the wagon.

linki: Matt if you think I'm civ you should vote to save me. :nicenod:
Now do this same thing, but instead of the posts where I mention Matt, pull out the quotes where I mention Fuzz.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
sig wrote:

Just because a russian roulette went good for you once doesn't mean it's wise to keep doing it over and over.

Isn't it obvious? :grin:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Hypothetical- sig sticks his neck out for teammate Fuzz and puts the last vote on- what would be- the clinching vote for ika. Ika is mislynched, Fuzz lives another day, and town gets to talk itself out of why a CFD was a bad idea and led no where. sig and Fuzz get to dance on rainbows and frolic in strawberry fields while the town second guesses everything.

That's what could have happened.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
sig wrote:

I'm still agaisnt it, but people are saying that makes me scummy so???

linki: @Scotty I wouldn't do this though even if he was my teammate. If I had voted for him I'd have done so earlier in the phase and not waited until last minute. What do you think of LC's last minute vote
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
sig wrote:

I'm still agaisnt it, but people are saying that makes me scummy so???

linki: @Scotty I wouldn't do this though even if he was my teammate. If I had voted for him I'd have done so earlier in the phase and not waited until last minute. What do you think of LC's last minute vote
LC vote is also fishy, but it wasn't just his vote that led me to you as bad. Your tone and urgency against the Fuzz vote that last 30 minutes before deadline as well as your huffy responses after the lynch are what brings me to your badness.

Look, if I am wrong about you, I'm gonna have to take a good hard look in the mirror. Because I just had a haircut and you know that feeling when you think you're satisfied with your hair right after the cut, and then the wind ruffles it and you realize it looks more like a flock of seagulls haircut or a troll doll? That's what I'm gonna have to do tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it. Especially if I am wrong about you.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

EBWOP: It wasn't just *both of your* votes that led me to that conclusion of guilt.

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Marmot, come out and play and answer my question. How'd you know I misunderstood Golden?
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 204

Post by a2thezebra »

Hey!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

sig is my lynch of choice. Long Con and Nerolunar are civ.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

PSYCH!

Long Con is my lynch of choice. sig and Nerolunar are civ.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

a2thezebra wrote:sig is my lynch of choice. Long Con and Nerolunar are civ.

All game you read me as civ then BAM you vote for me?

linki: Zebra that wasn't very nice. :P
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

:D
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Through page 17. Have had less time/motivation then I thought.

Enrique wrote:DrWilgy
Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Can we oink get a 29 player bandwagon on Enrique oink if he doesn't come explain his vote?
I'm a wildcard. :dark:
Enrique wrote::mafia:
Enrique wrote::shrug2:
Enrique wrote:d i s t r a c t i o n
An unexplained vote and fluff/random behavior but hes paying enough attention to note the distraction of the traitor discussion. Certainly sets off alarm bells.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Actually that raises a question: how the hell are the cops supposed to get rid of the dons?

Because having most of their famiglias ovote for them is possible but not realiable.

Are we to assume the cops win if only the Dons are left?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I care. If we are discussing how to protect the dons, I wanna know what exactly threats them.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:So I'm suppose to assume if both hitmen go down, cops lose the game automatically?

EASIEST GAME EVUR
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:What i mean is: the hosts are hiding something from us. I want to speculate on what. "Who cares" is not an answer, we should care about it.
On top of earlier pointed out posting about traitors on the first day phase, here is another fairly pointless diversion. If the cops do have a means of taking down Dons, its hidden from us and nothing in any of our shown roles can be used to stop this unknown threat. Treating this like a NF role madness game with counterbalances isn't going to accomplish anything worthwhile. Its all down to us finding who the cops are and the Dons doing their best to stay hidden.
Sloonei wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:With that, a few points.

- Enrique has posted nothing but smilies and refuses to answer anything. I don't think this is enough for a lynch, but I wish he started being more helpfun soon.

- Ika made a vote for Silverwolf just for the sake of "getting her to talk". Which is pro-active, but not really necessary, and reeks to me of an attempt to look like he is doing anything. Of course it's mostly paranoia, but I might as well point it out.

- Sloonei doesn't have the time to participate but he apparently has time to read the thread, think I'm suspicious and demand answers from me. I find that curious.

- Matt was way more active last game I played with him. he couldn't shut up. Now he only made one post, about how he intends to read Zebra. I know this is too soon for make such demands, but I miss active Matt.

Don't know if any of those are useful but we might as well discuss them. 28 hours to go, let's move guys.
My behavior is curious in that I am curious about the game, sure. I'm not sure what else you could mean by that.
Diiny wrote:You know exactly what he means but you disagree, why pretend otherwise?
Sloonei wrote:
Diiny wrote:You know exactly what he means but you disagree, why pretend otherwise?
Perhaps I was feigning aloofness.
Dodging questions with vague answers.
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I thought he was implying that, here we go, we already have people saying they are not caught up to the thread and it is only halfway through day one.
Nah. I was just amazed that I vote the guy and he shows up and posts.
There was around a half hour between your post and his. Enough to say that it could be him just getting into the thread and seeing current topic of discussion and your post rather then watching over the thread to see if hes mentioned.

Epignosis wrote:Enrique, look at that pretty little tie.

I hate announcing my votes by the way. I'd rather just vote and let people figure out on their own I voted for them. Much more effective.
More effective at what exactly? At delaying any challenge to your vote?
Sloonei wrote:I will not be apologizing or moving my vote off her until/unless she responds. Or else it would have been an entirely pointless exercise. But I certainly don't intend on that being my final vote.
Announcing that it wouldn't be your final vote makes voting to pressure her into responding pointless.
Enrique wrote:
Diiny wrote:Is Enrique normally like this?

Why shouldn't we lynch you for not explaining your terrible vote?
Because I'm a civ.

Diiny, why did you hop on my joke vote?
First on the Diiny lynch is not surprising Enrique with the "joke vote" angle. Joke votes can work as bait but not when you're not cooperative for a significant amount of time afterward and ignore others(like Epi) who voted against you on the same basis.
Golden wrote:Voting Diiny for now

He reminds me of the game where we were bad together, getting stuck in and creating a supatown image very early. If we are talking about there being meat to the bones, I think Diiny has been happy chasing bones with no meat at all.

Diiny - which bones that you've been chasing do you actually think have meat? You seem to be asking a lot of questions of people to provide reads, but the only read I really get a sense of from you is ika (I don't even know if you genuinely suspect wilgy). What are your current views on who seems good and bad?
Second on the Diiny lynch, we have someone using meta for their argument on a player that up until this point was making solid points. That some of those points were against what Golden views as low hanging fruit isn't that relevant, not on a day 1.

Golden

How are voting records accessed on this site?

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I'm gonna flip the script and vote sig.

Lulz.
Image Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@Soneji

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewforum.php?f=156

Just click the POLLS thread.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Five more people left who haven't voted....... Hurry and vote! [Insert Name Here] Years ago you voted to save me from a lynch in our struggle agaisnt the mafia know I beg you please help me to save our galaxy from the villains once again. I regret that I'm unable to present my defense to you in person, but I've fallen under attack by a group of tunneling civ and Empire forces, and my mission has failed........ Instead I entrust my fate in you to save the galaxy from the evil empire pleas vote to save me You're my last hope!
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:Hurry and vote! [Insert Name Here]
He's not playing.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Soneji If you think Golden is so scummy that you vote for him why not vote to save me? the player he is pushing you're basically throwing away your vote.

@Matt Explain your lynch?

linki: Well that sucks you'll need to save me instead.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

The star wars insert should make y'all switch to LC alone tbh.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Gleam I see you! Recall how I defended you at my own risk how about you do me a solid and vote LC :grin:
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

sig wrote:Soneji If you think Golden is so scummy that you vote for him why not vote to save me? the player he is pushing you're basically throwing away your vote.

@Matt Explain your lynch?

linki: Well that sucks you'll need to save me instead.
I think Marmot is a bad Marmot. And going through his ISO, I saw you and him were agreeing on some things. Doesn't give me a good vibe.

Also, Long Con is a Golden light green read and his train was picking up steam, and I trust Golden.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

sig is lynched for being sig.

Some things never change.

Return to “Previous Jobs”