Total votes: 0
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: MAD MAX: Day 6

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:What value do these questions serve?
That should be self-evident. Why do you need to ask this?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Sloonei, you really like asking people questions, so I'll ask you a couple.

What's the biggest thing you've done to benefit the civilian cause?

What's the biggest thing you've done to unintentionally hurt the civilian cause?
Ask questions to stoke the ongoing conversation.

Push mislynches of town players.

What value do these questions serve?
Just stokin' the conversation. Funny that you get defensive when someone asks you questions literally 2 sentences after you talk about how much you love asking questions.
I am not getting defensive, I am simply doing what I love.

Do you find me suspicious? Why/why not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I want an answer to my question, Sloonbeard.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sometimes I ask things to get a response, not because I can't figure out the answer on my own. But also it seemed like his goal was to pick on me rather than to get any game-relevant information out of me. I could be salty and mistaken.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sometimes I ask things to get a response, not because I can't figure out the answer on my own. But also it seemed like his goal was to pick on me rather than to get any game-relevant information out of me. I could be salty and mistaken.
What do you think of this?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
What do you think of this?
It's something I'm considering but I'm not sure I agree with it yet. I felt like Epi was being sincere with me yesterday. I could very well be wrong and I'm still waiting for him to deliver on the promise of reading my posts more closely.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:It's something I'm considering but I'm not sure I agree with it yet. I felt like Epi was being sincere with me yesterday. I could very well be wrong and I'm still waiting for him to deliver on the promise of reading my posts more closely.
How about the notion that Glorfindel is bait?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:It's something I'm considering but I'm not sure I agree with it yet. I felt like Epi was being sincere with me yesterday. I could very well be wrong and I'm still waiting for him to deliver on the promise of reading my posts more closely.
How about the notion that Glorfindel is bait?
I'Ll let you know after I've finished my ISO of him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: MAD MAX: Night 5

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote:
Sloonei wrote:That does make me feel better, but I'm still a little uneasy at how aggressive you were against me in this post, when the post you're quoting is me expressing my reservations about lynching the easy consensus target. It looked like you were ignoring the actual substance of my post and trying to pounce on something that could be twisted into a suspicion.
I'm sorry, my friend. I swear that it was never my intention to appear in any way aggressive towards you (you have been to this point one of my strongest Town reads this game and the record bears that out). I was also neither ignoring the substance of your post (despite how it might've appeared) nor trying to pounce on anything that could be later twisted into a suspicion. I was simply bemoaning what I interpreted as you doing the very thing as proposed by Mac and Jay that has led us to this perilous place. I accept that you were merely recommending that we consider all our options moving forward and I whole-heartedly endorse that approach.
Before I get started on the ISO, I'll say that my initial reaction to this post was a bit uneasy. He just repeats everything I said back at him. I have not played enough games with Glorfindel to know whether or not this is something I should find odd.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

he repeats things back at me, not back at himself.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have no issue with that post. Glorfindel is always one to thoroughly and precisely put his words together to minimize misinterpretation, and that's how I interpret that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel ISO. He's essentially a null read going into this.
Glorfindel wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My main man Matty in at the table in front, I hope your mother gets well fast!
So do I Jay :nicenod: Things are starting to look up a bit and I think we'll have a good idea what's happening (either way) in the next 12 to 24 hours. Thank you for your support - it means a lot :bighug:
Ricochet wrote:I'm more of a Rick Astley fan.
I :hugs: Rick Astley :nicenod:
While I have the time right now, I'm happy to throw a vote Mac's way - for the Shu tribe! :knight2:
Glorfindel was (understandably) absent for a lot of the early game, but his first game-relevant move is to throw a joke vote on Rico's Mac pile, referencing Romance of the 3 Kingdoms as inspiration. I'm not too thrilled about this. An easy way to appear involved by throwing an uncommitted vote on a popular target. Then later he's "satisfied with his vote" because anyone can be scum and Mac's a good player.
I am not fond of the way he seems to have retroactively justified what at first appeared to me a complete joke vote. It was more understandable when Rico did it since he was on a sort of crusade against Mac. Glorfindel just appears to be on the bandwagon because it is there. He states that he does not feel good about Mac during all this on Day 1, but does not offer a single reason why this is the case.
Glorfindel wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I see what you're getting at, Jay. There's a few players that I feel reasonably good about so far (and Mac is certainly not one of them) so in my mind, that increases the odds that he may be bad. I know this is a different game to our last one but I trust you'll forgive me for being once bitten, twice shy...
I'm no stranger to process of elimination, so that's well and good. Which players do you feel reasonably good about and why?
Rico for one. His posts in the last little while have taken on a tinge of bizarre:
Ricochet wrote:@Neil

I'm willing to do an experiment at any time, even in this game. PM me if you are not in the mood to "face me". I'm dead serious. It will remain confidential, my feelings will not get hurt in any way, I'll replace immediately, I won't lose anything and I'll go back to my busy RL. I'm tired of devoting serious time even for 48 hours, only to get removed for it and nothing else.

Or I'll play like chichkenshit, which frankly some of you have already seen me do. Facing me is suddenly not so much of a problem anymore, in that case.
That said, I see no duplicity in his remarks and I know from previous games with him just how passionate he can get. For the time being (at least) he seems genuine to me and I wouldn't be looking in his direction for a lynch candidate.

Yourself, for another, Neil. I think these last few games we've played together have given me a reasonable insight into how you play and despite your rather arcane (yet classy) alter ego, I sense a genuineness that I don't think even you could contrive.
I like that this post includes more substantive reads. He's clearly picked a side in the whole Mac vs. Rico thing from Day 1, placing his vote on Mac and proclaiming Rico as his first town read. But, of course, if he's scum and has already come out publicly against Mac, it would make sense for him to then come out in support of Rico. But now we're getting into tinfoily WIFOM territory and I should turn back.
Glorfindel wrote:Mac, if I may ask a couple of questions of you without prejudice...?

Back on Day 1 in your defence to Ricochet in relation to your behaviour in Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, you made the following comment:
MacDougall wrote:Of course my intention in that game was to kill in the way that would most benefit me at the time. On several occasions nothing benefitted me much so I just chose to kill those who it would frustrate the most at the time or the player with the best rep. You had a loud and accurate read on me so I silenced you so you would have to watch me bullshit my way out of disappearing for days and then I killed you before you had a chance to achieve sweet release.
Now, in the last couple of hours, you've said:
MacDougall wrote:Ricochet annoyed me for trying to policy lynch me day 1. I ain't about that life. That it started to bleed into day 2 started to . My first post reflected that. Zebra read well that I had stopped really reading his shit. Ricochet was not bad for it, but it definitely emotionally affected me.
The first post above suggests that your approach to these games is relatively cold and clinical without any room for sentiment or emotion yet you claim that you became emotionally affected by Ricochet's pursuit of you into Day 2. This to me seems somewhat incongruous. Would you care to comment? Thanks.
This is better as well. Asking Mac questions, looking for answers rather than just piling on a bandwagon.
Glorfindel wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Quin - b/c he replaced a non-participant before replacing Glor who also said he cannot participate. I imagine a baddie would be replaced before a civ.
I beg your pardon? Have I been replaced? I don't recall asking for a replacement?
This is the incident that has given me an occasional town read on Glorfindel. I'd be interested to hear Epi's thoughts on it in light of his new theory that Elo was bored and had no one to communicate with behind the scenes. If this is the case, Glorfindel's early absence would line up with that theory, and might explain why Elo was aware of his inactivity. Perhaps she took his hypothetical absence from BTSC to mean he had dropped out and needed a replacement. I am not sure and would like to hear thoughts on this.

On Day 3 he specifically states that he thinks the case against LoRab is stronger than the one against Elohcin. I acknowledge the hypocrisy I am about to engage in here given that I'm the one who made the case against LoRab, but I can't not notice that this could be a deliberate attempt to quietly derail the Elohcin wagon. He also throws in a comment about the dwindling sprityo/Scotty 2.0 bandwagon. Whatever happened to that whole case?
... but then I feel good about this response.

Glorfindel walked into a very tense situation at the end of Day 4 and I do not envy his position there. That said, let's scrutinize his every move.
Glorfindel wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Hi Glorf, Hi Mac. Wanna help us break this tie?
Hey, Sloonei :) What the hell have I walked into? I was leaning towards INH yesterday and was hoping that he'd return today to answer the comments I put to him last night. I don't know what the fact that he hasn't returned says...
I'm not 100% sold on him and to be honest, I am genuinely concerned for his state of mind after yesterday's events :(
These are his initial remarks. There's <10 minutes until the deadline and a tied vote at the time. These posts suggest some anxiety, which is what I'd expect from anyone. Glorfindel is looking at his options and trying to come to the most satisfying conclusion. I like these two posts.
Glorfindel wrote:Indiglo is another that I recall had 'issues' but I'm not sure why. She replaced BWT and I have no clue why he was seen as suspicious :shrug:
Glorfindel wrote:If I have to make a choice, I have to go with someone that I think has at least some kind of case against them.
I also like these two posts and feel like they, again, suggest that Glorfindel is actively thinking about each of the two cases he has to choose from. He does not feel comfortable with the case against indiglo, whatever it may have been, and so he puts his vote on INH, a player he has some doubts about even if it's not the confident read. Things were very very chaotic at this point with Wilgy dancing his vote around the poll, so I do not question Glorfindel's apparent re-tying of the vote at this time. I am sure that when he submitted his vote, the poll appeared tied and he assumed he was breaking that tie, as he says here, though I think he got the numbers wrong. It was 3 to 3, with him and Wilgy voting pretty much simultaneously. For a moment the poll became tied 4 to 4.

I've come out of this with a slight town lean on Glorfindel. There are still a few concerns, some of which I've raised here, and also the recent incident stemming from this post which is still in development. I suppose I'll move my vote for the time being.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Let's review some of Zebra's strongest stances taken in this game:

~ Ricochet is bad.

~ Elohcin is good.

~ MovingPictures07 is bad.

I have spent the whole game thinking she looked genuine in her incorrectness, and I was willing to forgive. I ask myself now though, especially in the wake of Mac dying, whether I was being too easy on her. Zebra by her very nature as a player is very assertive about her manner of conveying her reads whether they are real or fake. That assertiveness is easy to mistake for sincerity, which is her best skill as a player.

Now we have Epignosis going after Mac right before his death in a way that perfectly recalls the circumstances earlier in the game, to the point that coincidence appears less likely than intent. I think motel room was making a valid inference when he suggested this first, and it was my immediate reaction to the reveal of Mac's death. Now, consider the most likely impact of a MacDougall death -- Glorfindel gets wasted today. It's the absolute easiest means of night kill manipulation on the table, and I am not inclined to bite. I think Glorfindel is the carrot, and either Epignosis or Sloonei is dangling that carrot.
I could see this as a strategy that scum Epi would use. Given how tentative so many reads in this game feel, it probably wouldn't be too hard to tip things in any direction right now if the baddies want to do that, and if they're actively involved then that is what they want to do right now. Given this and my sudden town read on Glorf, I'm loosening up on the good vibes I got from Epi last night.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Moved my vote to Wilgy again. The potential that he made a genuine and glaring scum slip is too big for me to totally ignore. I want to talk about everyone today, and that includes him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: MAD MAX: Day 4

Post by Sloonei »

These are Wilgy's posts at the end of Day 4, concurrent with Glorfindel's posts that I highlighted in my ISO.

Wilgy doesn't announce any of his votes so I'll mark his votes accordingly.
DrWilgy wrote:No ties. I didn't even get to catch up tho...
[VOTE: ] aubergine[VOTE:
On the one hand, I thank him for breaking the tie. On the other, this is an admitted blind vote. He just came in at the deadline and tossed a vote on one of the two (apparently town) bandwagons.]
aubergine
DrWilgy wrote:[VOTE: I actually trust the wagon without Lorab and sloon on it more.

Changed my vote.]
aubergine
[VOTE: [VOTE FOR INDIGLO -- INDI 4 to INH 3, or TIED 4 to 4]
Changes his mind because LoRab and I are voting for INH. Could be town paranoia, could be scum trying to appear consistent with his reads. If he is town, though, and looked at the poll, would his immediate response not be to avoid the bandwagon that holds two of his supposed biggest suspects?]
aubergine
DrWilgy wrote:[VOTE: Glorf almost tied it and had to change it again.] aubergine
[VOTE: [VOTE: ] aubergine[VOTE:
But he doesn't hold to those convictions for long, as he needs to break yet another tie. I'm not sure if this is finger-pointing at Glorf or just a simple observation that the poll was tied. Again, I am at least thankful that Wilgy was here to break the tie, but in an instance where we were trying to lynch two townies, a scum player can afford to be loose and careless with their vote (at least in terms of ensuring that the "right person" gets lynched). Whereas Glorfindel appeared to be putting serious thought into his last-minute votes, Wilgy is just tossing his votes around blindly to ensure that somebody gets lynched, but not anybody in particular.]
aubergine]
aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

And another thing about Wilgy! This might be unfair, but my suspicion of him started because he claimed to be suspicious of me. But since then he has appeared very concerned with my read on him and wants to talk me out of it (here, here, and here). If he thinks I am bad, why is my scum read on him such a big deal? Shouldn't he just laugh at my obvious OMGUS?

Wilgy don't read this spoiler, it's not for you, KEEP OUT
I get that just because he GTHs me as bad doesn't mean he has to approach me as a 100% certain baddie, but this is one of those instances where I'm asking a question to get a response, not because I am perplexed.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Boo
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Glorfindel, just one question:

Are you aligned with the Skags?
I'll add another:

Are you a member of a team that killed MovingPictures07 and MacDougall?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 125

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote:And another thing about Wilgy! This might be unfair, but my suspicion of him started because he claimed to be suspicious of me. But since then he has appeared very concerned with my read on him and wants to talk me out of it (here, here, and here). If he thinks I am bad, why is my scum read on him such a big deal? Shouldn't he just laugh at my obvious OMGUS?

I get that just because he GTHs me as bad doesn't mean he has to approach me as a 100% certain baddie, but this is one of those instances where I'm asking a question to get a response, not because I am perplexed.
Because I am having trouble reading your suspicion of me as to whether or not it is genuine. As someone who I think is bad, it bothers me that I am having trouble reading it one way or the other. I have no problem with you sussing me if it's genuine and would like to validate that.

I'll go back and read now, just thought Id address this as it was recent.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think your points against Wilgy are fair, Sloonei. I await his answer.

linki, oh look

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:Because I am having trouble reading your suspicion of me as to whether or not it is genuine. As someone who I think is bad, it bothers me that I am having trouble reading it one way or the other. I have no problem with you sussing me if it's genuine and would like to validate that.

You keep saying you suspect Sloonei and I have no idea why. Please summarize it in a single sentence.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:And another thing about Wilgy! This might be unfair, but my suspicion of him started because he claimed to be suspicious of me. But since then he has appeared very concerned with my read on him and wants to talk me out of it (here, here, and here). If he thinks I am bad, why is my scum read on him such a big deal? Shouldn't he just laugh at my obvious OMGUS?

Because I am having trouble reading your suspicion of me as to whether or not it is genuine. As someone who I think is bad, it bothers me that I am having trouble reading it one way or the other. I have no problem with you sussing me if it's genuine and would like to validate that.

You've yet to actually address my suspicion though, and as of your recent posts you didn't even know what the source of it was. Not saying this is inconsistent of you, just noting that you've still not responded. I'd like to hear your thoughts once you've got caught up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:if INH is town, Wilgy looks bad right now.
Actually, you are bad. Explain this Sloonei.
While a single sentence may be hard, the strongest cause of suspicion is in the above quote.

I feel that Sloonei was fully expecting a INH civ flip and over eagerly tried to throw fault at me for thus flip.

Follow up to that as follows:
Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:if INH is town, Wilgy looks bad right now.
Actually, you are bad. Explain this Sloonei.
It's not my fault, G-man made me do it.
What does this mean?
I was making a funny joke because I'm not bad and you are just pointing fingers at me because what the hell
How about explaining your non-joke claim that came before the joke then Sloon my friend.
Mostly your treatment of after the deadline. I only qualified the statement because if INH flipped bad it'd be hard to argue that the guy who just hammered on a baddie is also a baddie. But, from my perspective, it looks like you genuinely just forgot that you'd dropped your suspicion of me and then had to cover your tracks.
Plus you never told us why you went from INH to indi and back to INH in the final minutes. What inspired you to move your vote to indiglo? How do you feel about Glorfindel?
This is irrelevant to the question I asked. "from my perspective" is also a fodder statement. Of course this is from your perspective, this is your thought. I get baddie vibes from fodder statements like this, as it's symptoms of a skittling player. Baddies skittle more than civs.
This is just false as I explained my vote changes in the following quotes.
DrWilgy wrote:No ties. I didn't even get to catch up tho...
DrWilgy wrote:I actually trust the wagon without Lorab and sloon on it more.

Changed my vote.
DrWilgy wrote:Glorf almost tied it and had to change it again.
DrWilgy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Changed my vote.
Am I back in your bad graces?
You were never out of my bad graces and I still gth you bad. While I didn't want to vote with you, it's better than a tie.

For safe keeping I'll notate my vote record this phase. I was on INH, changed to Indiglo and changed back to INH all within 3 min to prevent a tie.
(on a side note, I am only now noticing that I didn't actually respond to the Glorf question. The only real judgement I have on him comes from the vote carbuncle we had. To me it read as a civilian who didnt Realize what was going on around him. I would think that a baddie would've been more aware of the situation due to caution.)

Linki - Stop saying things that aren't happening Sloonei.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I responded here ,
Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Changed my vote.
Am I back in your bad graces?
You were never out of my bad graces and I still gth you bad. While I didn't want to vote with you, it's better than a tie.

For safe keeping I'll notate my vote record this phase. I was on INH, changed to Indiglo and changed back to INH all within 3 min to prevent a tie.
DrWilgy wrote:
Quin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:@Sloonei I gut read you as bad from me due to a feeling of dancing around the pizza last night. A forced non-grasping of the Rico situation. This is heavily dependent upon other's alignements though.

@Sprityo I gut read you due to your request of wishing to team with Mac following mine.

@Lorab, yes that is what I stated. Your point?
What's your view on Sloonei now that you have an alignment to work with?
Sloonei is no longer on my baddiedar.
Losing track of your fake reads, Doctor?
No baddiedar is different. I have no impulse to vote for you but in a gth scenario I do think you are still bad.

Honestly at this point with how little time ive had to read/contribute all my thoughts are just a gth random mess.
You think this computes over here? "Off the baddiedar" seems to strongly suggest "not a suspect".
And followed up here.
DrWilgy wrote:Nah. Baddies I'd vote for. GTH baddies I still need to think about.

Glorf why is it 5-3 then?
And that was the full conversation on the subject, unless you adressed me without a quote and I missed it.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:@Sloonei I gut read you as bad from me due to a feeling of dancing around the pizza last night. A forced non-grasping of the Rico situation. This is heavily dependent upon other's alignements though.

@Sprityo I gut read you due to your request of wishing to team with Mac following mine.

@Lorab, yes that is what I stated. Your point?
I'd like to hear more about this, Wilgy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

There's actually another scenario of false information spread by Sloonei. This one may have been caused by lazy reading but I'll quote it here.
Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Taking a look at Sloonei and I have some things I found that I didn't respond to before.
Sloonei wrote:Taking a look at Wilgy.
DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Voting Ricochet. If anyone's here, ask me questions and I'll ask you questions back. Let's generate some content. Deal?
Where do you read me zeebs?
Null, but GTH good because with what content you have, you haven't given me a reason to think otherwise. Where do you read me?
GTH good.

I have barely read the thread though. What do you think of Mac Declining my invite to team up?
These represent his first real posts in the game. On the one hand I want to like that he's able to produce a GTH read on the spot, but on the other I can't like it too much since he discredits himself by being honest and telling us he hasn't read the thread. This post does nothing for me.
DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:What is your strongest read at the moment, considering that you haven't fully caught up?
Baddie Rico with potential as Mac temmie.

I don't think Rico is the type to lose sight of what would gain him advantage in the game for a policy lynch.

What do you think was the most interesting exchange so far?
He's at least loosely on the Rico bandwagon here. I don't like that, but he did give a reason to feel that way so it's not the worst. What I do like is his question. I thought it was a good early game, looking-to-get-involved type of question. This brief appearance is what I was referencing earlier when I said I gave him an early town read. When he came in here it looked like he was genuinely trying to both get himself involved and get others thinking about things in the game.
DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:DrWilgy, do you have any other gut and/or vibe-based reads you would like to share?
The only other player that I have thought about is Sprityo, whom I gut read as bad.

I like your analysis of Rico. I'd like an answer from Rico as to why he thought to interject here. Not sure if this has been explained yet or not, but I'm not willing to go back and check.

Zebra, how would you respond to me voting Rico right now?

Sloonei, mind telling me the exchange that interested you most?
He lists sprityo as an early baddie read. I'd be interested to hear how that's developed. He also gave me and LoRab gut scum reads. I think he's since dropped the read on me,and his LoRab read seems to have been dependent on Rico being bad as well.

Turns out that his most substantial post in the game to this point is a big one about why LoRab is bad. Interesting. I don't think it's all consistent. For instance, the second to last point he makes in this post indicates that a certain post of LoRab's was directed toward him, when it was really directed at Jay.

So I dunno. There's not much here. There are a few things that give me slight town vibes in his post history but nothing overwhelming. A lack of content is always going to be a concern, so I can't do much with Wilgy right now.
So in regards to the inconsistency that you believe tou saw, the subject of my post was mostly LoRab ignoring my question. The 1 or 2 quotes above the one you claim to be inconsistent is the subject (the question), and the following quotes were to show that the question was ignored.

What are your thoughts on this now that I've explained this error?
That explains that, thanks. My mistake. But it doesn't change the way I am reading you at all. This incident is mostly irrelevant to my read on you.
And this makes 3 cases of false information Sloonei. Explaine this.

Linki - kay gimme one moment.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LoRab wrote:I've been consistent enough in my thought that he's bad that I didn't really feel the need to say it again at that point.
Perhaps a little too consistent. Your focus in recent phases has been narrowed enough that it has inhibited your engagement with the broader scope of discussion, and that's beneficial to you if you're bad.

LoRab

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am disgusted by the extraordinary amount of typos and mistakes I've made in past posts in this game. My apologies for that, folks!
I'm at work right now so I can't respond in depth to wilgy's post right now. Will do when I get home
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
LoRab wrote:I've been consistent enough in my thought that he's bad that I didn't really feel the need to say it again at that point.
Perhaps a little too consistent. Your focus in recent phases has been narrowed enough that it has inhibited your engagement with the broader scope of discussion, and that's beneficial to you if you're bad.

LoRab
What do you like about Wilgy's most recent?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

LoRab
What do you like about Wilgy's most recent?
There's another one! Most recent posts.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It did catch my eye that wilgy is accusing me of "three cases of false information" and i'm not sure what those three things are.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

insertnamehere wrote:
Scotty wrote:Yikes. Sorry indi. Back to the drawing board for me. I'm not sure this makes Sloonei look better, but it doesn't make him seem worse.
insertnamehere wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:at this point, I'm just sitting in the balcony, feeling salty, detached, impotent, and utterly indifferent to this game.

I'm like Statler & Waldorf, combined into one physical body.

#avengeindi #mpdidnothingwrong #boldplay
Who do you think is bad?
Glorfindel.

Honorable mentions to Dom and Lorab. Those are my three biggest suspicions, in that order.
Why Dom and LoRab? I'm not versed in either of them this game but I'm open to hearing possibilities.

LoRab choosing to vote you because you "neenered" her sticks out to me. It wasn't even clarified that she thought you bad, but because she was neener peeved.
Lorab's insane level of tunnel-vision is getting to the point where I'm beginning to find it legitimately suspicious, although I am quite biased when it comes to her. Dom's felt blendy except for his quixotic quest against MP which I never liked or agreed with. It felt like a pet case designed to prevent Dom from having to actively take a stand.
Defend this claim.
insertnamehere wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Sloonei, you really like asking people questions, so I'll ask you a couple.

What's the biggest thing you've done to benefit the civilian cause?

What's the biggest thing you've done to unintentionally hurt the civilian cause?
Ask questions to stoke the ongoing conversation.

Push mislynches of town players.

What value do these questions serve?
Just stokin' the conversation. Funny that you get defensive when someone asks you questions literally 2 sentences after you talk about how much you love asking questions.
I do agree with this. It's hte point I made earlier.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have no issue with that post. Glorfindel is always one to thoroughly and precisely put his words together to minimize misinterpretation, and that's how I interpret that.
this.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

I'll get around to doing those ISO's today. Maybe more if I have the energy. In the meantime, I have a nasty ass rash under my armpit that's damn near impossible to ignore and I need to do something about it XD

I would also like an answer to this.
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:No, I didn't know that the post you quoted even existed.
When did you replace in?

TBH, if you want to make a claim why not research it at all?
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:That's not what you asked.

And you didn't answer my question(s).
I have a funny way of saying things.

Yes I did.
Did you?
Why expect Epi to have a next suspect to vote when you didn't name one if Glorf was suddenly dead?
I wanted to hear his thoughts. He gave them. I am satisfied with his response for now.

Who are you considering voting for?
You, Glorf, Quin, Lorab, and Scotty.
Am I on this list for anything that happened prior to an hour ago?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:What do you like about Wilgy's most recent?
I get the impression he is trying to convey a point, though I can't quite follow. I am going to continue to observing the dialogue between you two.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

indiglo flipping town sort of turned this game on its head for me. There was a baddie team that could fall into place with her among them, but with that no longer in the equation I'm left reassessing every one of you. It's one of those annoying games where everyone is suspicious and it's difficult to differentiate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:indiglo flipping town sort of turned this game on its head for me. There was a baddie team that could fall into place with her among them, but with that no longer in the equation I'm left reassessing every one of you. It's one of those annoying games where everyone is suspicious and it's difficult to differentiate.
Who is that baddie team? Are you now ruling them out based on incorrect teammate associations?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:indiglo flipping town sort of turned this game on its head for me. There was a baddie team that could fall into place with her among them, but with that no longer in the equation I'm left reassessing every one of you. It's one of those annoying games where everyone is suspicious and it's difficult to differentiate.
Who is that baddie team? Are you now ruling them out based on incorrect teammate associations?
I thought there was a decent chance of a full easy button baddie team of Elohcin, Glorfindel, sprityo/Scotty 2.0, and indiglo. I suppose it's still plausible that I was on the right track and it's DrWilgy instead of indiglo, but I am not really feeling it now. One or more of those three (Scotty 2.0, DrWilgy, and Glorfindel) could still be bad -- could. I think it's likely there's a deeper infiltrator at work here though.

I have an idea...

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Quin-- no.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dom wrote:Quin-- no.
I'm sure you wouldn't mind elaborating on your read, in that case.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've elected to do a more thorough sort of night kill analysis by checking into each of the night kill targets (Epignosis 1.0, S~V~S, me, MP, and Mac) to determine what trends may exist if any. At least a couple of those were curious choices; I was surprised by each of the last two. That might provide an opportunity to see clues about motives.

Suspicions stated by each victim or attempted victim about living players somewhat near to the time of their demise:

Epignosis 1.0
Dom

S~V~S
~all dead~

JJJ as of Night 3
sprityo / Scotty 2.0
motel room
insertnamehere
DrWilgy

MovingPictures07
a2thezebra / Epignosis 2.0
Glorfindel
DrWilgy
sprityo / Scotty 2.0

MacDougall
Glorfindel
DrWilgy
a2thezebra / Epignosis 2.0

If I missed any important names, speak up. The first two may have been killed primarily for their suspicion of Elohcin, so it's hard to make much of those now. It's also possible they tried to kill me just because of how I looked after the Elohcin lynch.

Twice appearing
Thrice appearing

The reason I care about this at all is primarily that the MP and Mac kills both seemed to be okay for town -- they were suspected by enough people that they could have ended up mislynched. So for the baddies to kill them in spite of that implies to me that they had a unique motive for doing so. Maybe those two were on the right track. Maybe it was LOL RANDOM, which some baddies definitely prefer.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Just got blasted at work. I'll try to finish my response for you JJJ. U 2 Sloonei.
Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote:
Actually, I'm voting for you until you do elaborate. This is the only game related post you've written to or about me prior to my post yesterday, and I'm not even sure about this one because I don't know which paragraph you were referring to:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
LoRab wrote:@jjj: to answer your query about your first point, I agree. I also think it makes it highly unlikely that Elo had BTSC with glorf. Or Quin for that matter.
Do you feel there's anything to be said from that about indiglo, the other replacement?
Can you spell out what you mean here?
Elohcin said she thought a baddie would be replaced before a townie by priority, which she used against Quin since he replaced in first.

I wonder if Elohcin thought to say this because indiglo was the actual baddie replacement and she came second -- against Eloh's expectations.
Ah.

Lynch Indi/INH.
I'm not buying what you're selling.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I could also say Mac suspected Dom, though that subsided later in his lifespan.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Quin wrote:
Why?
I said what I feel is relevant. I didn't suspect you until Day 6. I didn't suspect Sloonei until Day 6. What elaborating is there to do?
Quin wrote:
Quin wrote:
Actually, I'm voting for you until you do elaborate. This is the only game related post you've written to or about me prior to my post yesterday, and I'm not even sure about this one because I don't know which paragraph you were referring to:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
LoRab wrote:@jjj: to answer your query about your first point, I agree. I also think it makes it highly unlikely that Elo had BTSC with glorf. Or Quin for that matter.
Do you feel there's anything to be said from that about indiglo, the other replacement?
Elohcin said she thought a baddie would be replaced before a townie by priority, which she used against Quin since he replaced in first.

I wonder if Elohcin thought to say this because indiglo was the actual baddie replacement and she came second -- against Eloh's expectations.
Ah.

Lynch Indi/INH.
This is non-sensical.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:
Why?
I said what I feel is relevant. I didn't suspect you until Day 6. I didn't suspect Sloonei until Day 6. What elaborating is there to do?
Quin wrote:
Quin wrote:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Ah.

Lynch Indi/INH.
This is non-sensical.
You literally just said our conversation on Day 6 was not relevant to your suspicion of me. :|
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Quin wrote:I'll get around to doing those ISO's today. Maybe more if I have the energy. In the meantime, I have a nasty ass rash under my armpit that's damn near impossible to ignore and I need to do something about it XD

I would also like an answer to this.
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:No, I didn't know that the post you quoted even existed.
When did you replace in?

TBH, if you want to make a claim why not research it at all?
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:That's not what you asked.

And you didn't answer my question(s).
I have a funny way of saying things.

Yes I did.
Did you?
Why expect Epi to have a next suspect to vote when you didn't name one if Glorf was suddenly dead?
I wanted to hear his thoughts. He gave them. I am satisfied with his response for now.

Who are you considering voting for?
You, Glorf, Quin, Lorab, and Scotty.
Am I on this list for anything that happened prior to an hour ago?
The answer is no.
That is not what you have interpreted from the text.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Then enlighten me.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

What are you even talking about?
I didn't suspect either of you until Day 6

Return to “Previous Side Missions”