Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 3)

Post by Tangrowth »

Rather, I think fact, the most logical assumption would be that I'm a flip flopping flipper flopper.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That should say in fact
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

I have to leave for work shortly and likely won't get a chance to check back in before the poll closes. So I am looking at the Golden uproar and I still believe Golden is telling to the truth. So that leaves me believing that someone who is bad wants to keep discussion on him rather than baddie hunt. Looking at SVS, I think she is sincere, but wrong. I think she has a major case of tunnel vision. But I don't think that makes her bad.

Looking at Rey, I think the same sort of thing, he seems sincere. I was back and forth until his self vote, now I think he is truly frustrated and really believes his suspicion. I disagree with him, but I won't be voting him either.

The person I am looking at is DH. He has stayed just close enough to the edge of the fray to not draw too much attention to himself. Enough to keep himself from being too under the radar, and too civ looking, but not enough to get himself implicated in anything. I believe he is stirring the pot and letting the passionate players do the work for him. As I have read his posts he keeps saying things about golden not answering questions when even I can clearly see golden did. He is looking really bad to me.

Registering a vote for DH.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Jay, you really think so?

Why would I make my win condition change so apparent?
I don't imply it would have been intentional.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Rather, I think fact, the most logical assumption would be that I'm a flip flopping flipper flopper.
Did you flip flop? You seem to have the same non-baddie perspective of Golden as before.

But you want to lynch him.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Jay, you really think so?

Why would I make my win condition change so apparent?
I don't imply it would have been intentional.
This obvious of a move being unintentional on my part? I was Golden's biggest defender.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Rather, I think fact, the most logical assumption would be that I'm a flip flopping flipper flopper.
Did you flip flop? You seem to have the same non-baddie perspective of Golden as before.

But you want to lynch him.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Maybe MP's vote is being forced.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

This Golden shit has derailed the thread for too long.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh excuse me, not shit, BULLSUIT. Because I keep forgetting to mention how much I love that. XD
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

Agreed. Voting Golden He is the subject/cause of 90% of my catch up.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:Maybe MP's vote is being forced.
I deny this speculation, good sir, though I can see why you think such a 180 could be explained by an alien in my brain telling me what to do.

I really just am so sick of this talk around Golden; Golden obviously wants to die, what's the big deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, this is the last I can really visit the thread even in a half-assed manner; properly catching up... IDK. Probably tomorrow afternoon/evening, maybe tonight if I can find the time. Sorry.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nothing he is saying right now is making me think so. He's playing it like DH has played the whole game. I am perturbed.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

REASONS:
Golden wrote:Thank you, Lorab. No-one should feel they are obligated to give me a pass for a day, but my self-vote definitely came from a place of feeling helpless because it felt like I already had a whole bundle of guaranteed votes plus I wasn't going to be around to defend.

Plus, I've realised that I can turn this around by actually catching Azura, and my lynch is not necessarily inevitable, so now that's what I'm focussed on. If its someone like rey, and they are lynched and flip, it would then be obvious it isn't me killing epi.
reywaS wrote:
Golden wrote:I would ask those who are less inclined to feel absolutely certain of me, like lorab and timmer, to consider giving me a pass today given I won't be around a whole lot more for robust conversation and defence. I ask this because I get the strong sense that (because I won't be around) I'm going to be the easy location for drive by votes at end of day.

It's ultimately up to you guys, but if you really want to lynch me more on a hunch or being the 'best option' than anything else, I'd really like if it can be on a day where I can have proper conversation around it, more than I'll be able to today.
Are you shitting me, Golden? So...give you a pass and lynch me instead...is that it?

For fuck's sake, man.

Actually, everyone please take Golden's advice and give him a pass because he isn't going to be around to defend himself anymore than he already is.

Seriously, lynch me. I really don't think that I was ready to come back to mafia yet...especially not in such a large game. I think I probably should have started with a small game. I'm getting way too worked up and seeing this post has really grated on my nerves.

Vote: reywaS and I urge the rest of you to do the same.
^^^ Focus on the Golden quote here.
S~V~S wrote:I have got to say that today has been the MOST emotionally manipulative day I have ever read, lol.

I am happy with my vote where it is.
Boomslang wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey Boomslang!

Vote Boomslang

aapje is going to murder me
I'm sorry, I didn't think I had to defend my points on Golden when the guy is literally asking to be lynched. That's all I needed to know for today, honestly.
*votes Golden*
:driveby:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I deny this speculation, good sir, though I can see why you think such a 180 could be explained by an alieI really just am so sick of this talk around Golden; Golden obviously wants to die, what's the big deal?
He literally doesn't want to die. You're pressing the easy button.

MP never presses the easy button. You're bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Also, skimmed through 13 pages and saw nothing for the Boomslang votes. Please halp :(

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Canucklehead »

Holy crapoly. I suddenly somehow got waaaaaaaaay behind. I've got about 4-5 pages to catch up on, which I'm off to do now....BUT!! Before I forget, I do just have to commend Golden for his brilliance re: The Bullsuit. I didn't. Comment earlier because I was too awestruck.
I love you, man.

Off to read now! Byeeeeeeeee
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Is Golden being such a distraction entirely his fault? What of the people forcing him into that position including Epignosis?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Also, skimmed through 13 pages and saw nothing for the Boomslang votes. Please halp :(
Click on my post history and find the big ISO from today.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
I deny this speculation, good sir, though I can see why you think such a 180 could be explained by an alien in my brain telling me what to do.

I really just am so sick of this talk around Golden; Golden obviously wants to die, what's the big deal?
Do you think he's bad?

Two other players have self-voted. What do you think of them?
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:REASONS:
Golden wrote:Thank you, Lorab. No-one should feel they are obligated to give me a pass for a day, but my self-vote definitely came from a place of feeling helpless because it felt like I already had a whole bundle of guaranteed votes plus I wasn't going to be around to defend.

Plus, I've realised that I can turn this around by actually catching Azura, and my lynch is not necessarily inevitable, so now that's what I'm focussed on. If its someone like rey, and they are lynched and flip, it would then be obvious it isn't me killing epi.
reywaS wrote:
Golden wrote:I would ask those who are less inclined to feel absolutely certain of me, like lorab and timmer, to consider giving me a pass today given I won't be around a whole lot more for robust conversation and defence. I ask this because I get the strong sense that (because I won't be around) I'm going to be the easy location for drive by votes at end of day.

It's ultimately up to you guys, but if you really want to lynch me more on a hunch or being the 'best option' than anything else, I'd really like if it can be on a day where I can have proper conversation around it, more than I'll be able to today.
Are you shitting me, Golden? So...give you a pass and lynch me instead...is that it?

For fuck's sake, man.

Actually, everyone please take Golden's advice and give him a pass because he isn't going to be around to defend himself anymore than he already is.

Seriously, lynch me. I really don't think that I was ready to come back to mafia yet...especially not in such a large game. I think I probably should have started with a small game. I'm getting way too worked up and seeing this post has really grated on my nerves.

Vote: reywaS and I urge the rest of you to do the same.
^^^ Focus on the Golden quote here.
S~V~S wrote:I have got to say that today has been the MOST emotionally manipulative day I have ever read, lol.

I am happy with my vote where it is.
Boomslang wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey Boomslang!

Vote Boomslang

aapje is going to murder me
I'm sorry, I didn't think I had to defend my points on Golden when the guy is literally asking to be lynched. That's all I needed to know for today, honestly.
*votes Golden*
:driveby:

Lots of reasons too bad none are yours. :fishslap:

MP - what are you on about? Your vote looks shady as all get out.
;)
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Is Golden being such a distraction entirely his fault? What of the people forcing him into that position including Epignosis?
Exactly!
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, fuck PhD work for a little bit, I can squeeze in a few more posts.

I see what's going on here. Well played, Jay and Rox.

Well, I'm absolutely bad. Go ahead and vote for me. Golden and I are baddie teammates. I'm 100% serious. I'm voting Golden because I've sloppily tried to bus him and you all caught me. Nice job!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

LoRab wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
LoRab wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
LoRab wrote: Allow me to clarify: I think he is neutral. I think he is playing an anti-civ game. Therefore, I don't think his being alive is good for the civs.
Wouldn't it be better to try to find the baddies and lynch them than to focus on people you think are neutral?
Ideally, yes. But I thought the vote ended tonight, so I felt I had to vote when I did. And I don't have any solid suspicions of someone who is actually on a baddie team right now. I'm more than willing to change my vote if that should change.

@JJJ: I don't make the assumption that a neutral player is playing a pro-civ game. In my own game play (and this is part of where my thinking on neutral players come from), I once literally handed the game to the baddie team in end-game and I have also played a civ-aligned game as a neutral. So I do not assume that other players are going to necessarily be helping the civs when they are neutral.

You and I clearly think differently and interpret the thread differently. Which is what keeps these games interesting. My posts are honest. My explanations of my thinking are sincere. You are not the first person ever to suspect me because I'm a little out there in my thought process at times. Rarely, if ever, do I say that I believe things that I don't believe (IRL as well as in games, for that matter...which can be interesting professionally, but I digress). I don't concoct suspicion or reasons for voting (unless I have info and need to create a case in order to convince people); I often just say what's on my mind and don't always filter my thoughts; and I frequently find things suspicious that no one else sees as off.

In this case, I'll probably move my vote off of Golden, because his most recent plea sounded authentic. And I've been in that place of not being able to deal with defense in the moment (both as a civ and as a baddie...and probably as a neutral or indie--I'm just remembering particular moments). But I'm not moving my eye off of him.
I will consider this. But I still don't think it's in the civ's best interests (assuming those are your best interests) to want to go after neutrals who are anti-civ, when the main goal should be baddies.
I agree that should be the main goal. But part of what compelled me to vote Golden earlier (and have since moved my vote) is that he is keeping things all about him. Like Dr W said, Golden vs the world. I believe his emotion to be authentic, but because of it, and because he seems insistent/convinced that he's going to be lynched next, it remains the focus of the thread and makes it more challenging to find baddies. Also, I'm not sure baiting the baddies into killing Epig was a good choice for the civilian cause. It's like when a lynch switcher switches a lynch to a player that no one else finds suspicious, because it's in that individual's self interest.

I'm not asking anyone to agree with my thought process. I'm just explaining what I was thinking.

And, yes, I would prefer to lynch a baddie. And right now, I think TH is showing baddie tendencies, so that's where my vote remains at the moment.
Fair enough. Part of it might be different philosophies on our part. I guess I'm trying to take the "let him shout into a vacuum" approach to Golden at this point because I think those who continue to respond to him are just continuing to bait him, and thus making the thread out to be the "Golden vs. the world" reality you're referring to.

I did see the switch to TH though, and he's someone I'm considering a vote for with his contradictory statements on what type of game this is.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Do you think he's bad?

Two other players have self-voted. What do you think of them?
I know he's bad. How about that?

Neither of those other two are on my team, so I don't know what I think of them, and I don't care. :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Outed baddie coming through. Choo choo!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jay is absolutely right. I just couldn't take lying anymore. How about that? I broke down pretty easily, didn't I?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Jay is absolutely right. I just couldn't take lying anymore. How about that? I broke down pretty easily, didn't I?
I demand you stop acting like a crazy person.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Jay is absolutely right. I just couldn't take lying anymore. How about that? I broke down pretty easily, didn't I?
This train ain't stoppin', sorry bud.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Actually, my train sounds more like this:

:llama:
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think rey might deliberately be clashing against Golden's appeal to emotion with an appeal to emotion of his own. Sorry if I'm wrong about that.
That's fair. You are wrong about it, but I understand why you would think that. I wasn't trying to appeal to emotion at all. It was an honest response to seeing Golden make a ridiculous appeal to real life circumstances to be given a free pass because he's going to be unavailable for the last few hours of a lynch in which he has been extremely active so far. Then I saw Lorab almost immediately seem to agree to give him that free pass and that is why I said what I said. I have probably approached this game completely wrong, and that is why I think I should probably play in a small game before trying to tackle a huge game like this one is. It's only day 3 and I am super aggressively playing where I should probably be taking a much more relaxed approach. With the way I am playing, I imagine there is no chance of me lasting much longer regardless of this recent turn of events. I am fine being lynched, so go that route if you want. At least then you (and others) will see that I am being genuine.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

I had 1.5 pages of linkitis as I started that post, left for a few hours to run errands and finsihed when I got home. I will catch up now.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

rey, I think you're being genuine, FWIW. I actually had my doubts for the longest time, but I highly doubt you're on Azura's team, at least, though I admit it's still a possibility.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I deny this speculation, good sir, though I can see why you think such a 180 could be explained by an alieI really just am so sick of this talk around Golden; Golden obviously wants to die, what's the big deal?

I think his pressing the easy button right now is due to lack of time. Although he does keep posting still... :ponder:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I think his pressing the easy button right now is due to lack of time. Although he does keep posting still... :ponder:
Lol, I'm only here still because I'm an addict who wants to fail out of the program, apparently. :haha:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Turnip Head wrote:
Yes please. We already have enough of those right now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And right, I would totally decide to lynch Golden today because I'm busier than I was last cycle. I pressed Bass so hard because I wanted to leave Golden for today. You got me!

It seems all of you people, even Jay, like absurd theories, so I'm giving you all absurd answers until further notice.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Lol, I'm only here still because I'm an addict who wants to fail out of the program, apparently. :haha:
Or your vote is being forced. Or some other possibility I couldn't possibly conceive.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You want absurdity, you say? You've got it. This thread deserves it, for pressing Golden on end to force all of us into this position.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:You want absurdity, you say? You've got it. This thread deserves it, for pressing Golden on end to force all of us into this position.
Or you might be trying to make a point with the Golden train? :ponder:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:You want absurdity, you say? You've got it. This thread deserves it, for pressing Golden on end to force all of us into this position.
Or you might be trying to make a point with the Golden train? :ponder:
Am I? :llama:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I myself am suffering an existential crisis! Help!
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I myself am suffering an existential crisis! Help!
*Wilgy enters the room, walks up to MP and pats them on the back afew times before waddling out of the room*
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I've figured it out now.

I am not me. I am a Sock, a massive frame of reference that captures the thoughts of everyone in this thread.

Seems my mainframe broke amid all of the absurdity floating around, and now I cannot control myself! Oops!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I think I figured out why.

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I'm going for Boomslang. I don't think Golden is bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:
*Wilgy enters the room, walks up to MP and pats them on the back afew times before waddling out of the room*
Beware, touching a Sock during a mainframe breakdown can result in various unintended side effects, including PTSD, Post-Traumatic-Sock Disorder.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I have a new proposition.

Crazy cyan!!!!

I will henceforth be posting in crazy cyan whenever I am feeling crazy.

Return to “Previous Jobs”