Total votes: 14
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 6]

Post by Tangrowth »

And I'm walking away, but I felt that needed to be said.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:If it makes you feel any better Matt, when I first replaced in and read through everything I was quite surprised anyone wanted to lynch you because you looked your typical zany civ self to me. I'd have said as much if I were here.
Thanks buddy!

Anywho, Bullz is bad? :haha: J/K DUDE

Also, decided to reorder some stuff, get ready FIRST. So now I'm here for about an hour and a half. Yay.

Catching up from last night...
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I'm tired of you denouncing suspicion against me as a NO U, Dom, just because you expressed vague as hell suspicions of me first. I don't give a crap if it's a NO U. I suspect you for specific reasons, and I'm allowed to.

How about I voice suspicion of literally every other player in the game the next game I play, then denounce every single accusation made against me subsequently as a NO U?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Who's around for a bit to talk about people? I really want to get discussion around players other than Mac and Golden, because that'd be nice.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Spacedaisy »

MacDougall wrote:Lol that's almost unfair that you know that haha.
Exactly why I shared it. It would be unfair for me to know it when no one else in the game does.

I'm going to be frank here and some of you may not like or agree with me, but here goes. In games here the people who usually die either by mafia NK or get lynched are not low posters, they are usually the high posters. I say this as someone who tends to be a medium to low poster myself. This martyr attitude from low posters because you get called out needs to stop. High posters spend all day defending the crap they say, you ask them to explain themselves.theyare only asking the same of you. You don't have to post 400+ post, but don't think that because you are a low poster you should not have to use your few posts you make to occasionally defend yourself or make a case, because that is the way the game is played and everyone has to do it. I have yet to see a game where people actually got lynched solely upon their lack of posts. We all have different amounts of time to invest in a game, and I admit to skimming the stuff between Mac and golden because it was way too much and coupled with the fact I don't know how it started it reads as two people tunneling each other. Do what you have to, contribute the way you can, but stop making this a high poster vs low poster issue when it isn't. Low posters get called out frequently in games, but they rarely get lynched over just the fact they are low posters.

P.S. I'm taking my husband to the store, he needs a breather from the intensity anyway and we need groceries.

Oh also, Dom, I'm glad someone enjoyed my AD reference, lol. :lorab:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Who's around for a bit to talk about people? I really want to get discussion around players other than Mac and Golden, because that'd be nice.
I'm here. What do you wish to talk about? Would an updated reads list be warranted since the last time you made one?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DFaraday »

Okay, Glorfindel:

Early on Glorfindel gets pretty defensive of quiet players, with little provocation.
Glorfindel wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:You have votes from Dom (5), Roxy (7), Glorfindel (13), Dragon D. Luffy (14), nijuukyugou (15), Golden (18), Sorsha (22) as of right now.

Of those only 2 have actually read the thread. There has been little to no activity from Dom (5), Roxy (7), Glorfindel (13), nijuukyugou (15), or Sorsha (22).
So that brings me to my next point. Elo said yesterday she believed most mafiosos were among lurkers.
I'm sorry but an assertion like this is borderline absurd. I've yet to play in a Mafia game yet where this happened. This is without much doubt one of the lamest attempts at diverting attention to somewhat hapless new players I've seen. Sure, we're a little disoriented playing with people and rules with which we are largely unfamiliar and it's easy to make us look guilty. I'd be really surprised if any of the experienced non-Mafia players here would take any of this seriously and further, it REALLY does little for the credibility of the person making such assertions.
Glorfindel wrote: I suspect my friend that we may be well on the road to common ground here. I do appreciate your point about inactive players 'lurking' but from my experience, if inactive newbie players are drawn Mafia (I thought someone said in the sign-up thread that doesn't usually happen here :confused2: ) they end up slipping up themselves sooner or later. What I think should be a higher priority is:

a) those experienced players that suddenly drop off the radar (unfortunately, I've no experience from playing with all but one of you so in so far as this category is concerned, I've got nothin') and

b) those players that post a lot about their suspicions and make extensive commentary about players. I personally see that as subtle manipulation of the vote and an experienced player in that position represents to me, a clear and present danger.
Given his attitude re: low posters, this bit is interesting:
Glorfindel wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Not a good result. RIP Bass.

I've skimmed quickly. Don't have time for a detailed catchup this morning.

For now, I have the following thoughts:

1) Glorfindel, you're suspicious based on tone as well as the lack of thoughts you espew. Also, your Day 2 vote stinks
You call that a thought? A comedy routine more likely. Just how pray tell is my tone suspicious? And MY Day 2 vote stinks? At least I made one which is more than I can say for a lot of players this game and yet you target me? Again? My vote wasn't on one of our power roles nor was it on what is looking to me like an increasingly Town-looking Enrique... I expect we'll find out soon enough then. You don't know that Russtifinko isn't non-Town (whatever they're called) so for you to criticise my vote just makes you look like you're grasping at straws and pretty transparently at that... :evileye:
It sounds a bit like deflecting towards the low posters he was previously standing up for.

Glorfindel continued an inexplicable fixation on Russ for several days, made all the stranger given that he seemed to think Russ was Indy.

MM does an ISO on Glor (also bringing up the point about the low posters), and Glor basically laughs it off, not even attempting a defense. From that point forward he seems to get more defensive, ultimately accusing several players of being a clique who won't vote each other. I'm not sure what to make of that, but it could be a baddie who's feeling cornered and falling apart.

Overall I'm leaning baddie on Glorfindel.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Lol that's almost unfair that you know that haha.
Exactly why I shared it. It would be unfair for me to know it when no one else in the game does.

I'm going to be frank here and some of you may not like or agree with me, but here goes. In games here the people who usually die either by mafia NK or get lynched are not low posters, they are usually the high posters. I say this as someone who tends to be a medium to low poster myself. This martyr attitude from low posters because you get called out needs to stop. High posters spend all day defending the crap they say, you ask them to explain themselves.theyare only asking the same of you. You don't have to post 400+ post, but don't think that because you are a low poster you should not have to use your few posts you make to occasionally defend yourself or make a case, because that is the way the game is played and everyone has to do it. I have yet to see a game where people actually got lynched solely upon their lack of posts. We all have different amounts of time to invest in a game, and I admit to skimming the stuff between Mac and golden because it was way too much and coupled with the fact I don't know how it started it reads as two people tunneling each other. Do what you have to, contribute the way you can, but stop making this a high poster vs low poster issue when it isn't. Low posters get called out frequently in games, but they rarely get lynched over just the fact they are low posters.

P.S. I'm taking my husband to the store, he needs a breather from the intensity anyway and we need groceries.

Oh also, Dom, I'm glad someone enjoyed my AD reference, lol. :lorab:
:clap:

I think literally every player should be on the table for today's lynch, and every lynch, not just Golden and Mac.

Seriously, this 400+ post = civilian stuff is total bullshit. No one is saying that, clearly, or else Golden and Mac wouldn't have votes. It contradicts that giant post I made earlier in the game saying that we should scrutinize high posters of high volumes of content, such as zebra.

I find Dom incredibly suspicious after his responses, but frankly, part of me really wants to just fucking lynch Bass because he's done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, or even Rox, because she's suspicious for but everyone is avoiding lynching her due to various emotional outbursts all game.

Linkitis and such, posting anyway.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Who's around for a bit to talk about people? I really want to get discussion around players other than Mac and Golden, because that'd be nice.
I'm here. What do you wish to talk about? Would an updated reads list be warranted since the last time you made one?
Well, with regards to Daisy's P.S., I guess she can visibly see that I'm upset and we're going to the store now rather than later... :p so I'm leaving for a bit now, but I'll be pretty soon and will be around for an hour or so afterward.

Updated reads list is absolutely warranted, and I still have lots of analytical work I want to do... we'll see how much I can get to it.

DFaraday, I just wanted to say that your recent posts have been excellent, it's so awesome to get to see your thought process and your conclusions. Keep it up. I'll see if I have anything to respond to when I return.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Daisy, I get lynched in the majority of games I play for being blendy, so it's not as if non-outspoken players get a free ride.

As for Dom, I'll need to go over his posts later, but his play this game kind of feels like his play in Gentleman's Guide, where he was bad.

EBWOP: Thanks MP. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ugh

I just read 2 pages where Golden and Mac repeatedly called each other stupid.

Derp

I have like 5 pages left of this. Although at this point they seem to be friends now.

Back to reading
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Misa rezz please.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Roxy wrote:Matt Bad
Lol.

Let me guess, you random'd me being bad, right?

:beer:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I think the frustration coming from the lower posters is coming from the idea that their very play styles are being attacked. That just isn't the case. There was a period fairly recently actually where I only made a couple posts in the span of a good 48 hours or so. A few people called me out for it not because I simply wasn't posting, but because it was inconsistent with the standard that people are used to from me. I don't speak for everyone who's getting on the lower posters' case, but for me at least I never go after a lower poster simply for lack of content and nothing more. Even in the case of Bubbles, by far the most minimal poster who has been in this game from the start, my scum read of her is not because she has few posts. I have honestly been pinged from the few posts she does have. And even if someone is to be interpreted as going after a lower poster simply for not posting more, that doesn't mean that they are telling them how they should play the game.

If I or anyone else tells, yes, tells another player to do this or that we are not demanding they play the game any certain way, (if everyone played Mafia like I do then I would never play Mafia...my main reason for playing this game is because I'm interested in the different ways people approach the game) this aggressive play style is only used to gauge reactions and try to determine whether the responses to these types of posts are coming from a town/scum/whatever perspective. That. Is. It. Nothing more. It's ironic that the more aggressive players such as myself are being told that we are telling people to play the game differently when that is essentially what they are doing to us by making us feel guilty for the way we play the game. Mini-rant over, I apologize. I think it's important that I say this here because I think that the game won't progress in any way shape or form if this kind of miscommunication keeps dragging down everyone's willpower. If you feel like another player is insulting you or attacking you personally take it to the mods, administrators, anything. It should not drag down the game.

With much love to you all, I shall now resume my mafia persona. If you feel attacked by it, please refer to the statement in my signature.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Well, with regards to Daisy's P.S., I guess she can visibly see that I'm upset and we're going to the store now rather than later... :p so I'm leaving for a bit now, but I'll be pretty soon and will be around for an hour or so afterward.

Updated reads list is absolutely warranted, and I still have lots of analytical work I want to do... we'll see how much I can get to it.

DFaraday, I just wanted to say that your recent posts have been excellent, it's so awesome to get to see your thought process and your conclusions. Keep it up. I'll see if I have anything to respond to when I return.
Respect, I might take a break for some lunch myself. It is good and interesting to hear that your reads have developed since the last time you declared them.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Post by Golden »

Bullzeye wrote:
Matt wrote:Golden - I'm not going to presume to know what Crumb's secret is, but I also won't simply dismiss an idea either.

It says Crumb has to amuse his master, Jabba. Jabba was Bcornett. Bcornett was amused by you, apparently twice.

That isn't "daft", it's logical IMO.

Oh, and in the time it took you to tell us about singing christmas carols, you could've responded to Mac whatever Zebra asked you to respond to.

Derp. Back to rereading.
Does nobody else think it's completely ridiculous that someone's role would have to perform a completely subjective act in order to gain benefit, with the sole judge of their success being someone who has btsc with them and not only knows what they have to do but likely shares the benefit? I think the whole idea is dumb tbh. Still catching up.
Bullz, you are a champion!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Hmmm

I know MP would rather us go to Mods and all, but I'm not upset, I just want to make a point re: Roxy

I've been belittled, ridiculed, called irrational, insane, had a policy lynch called upon me, and much more that I'm sure I can't remember at the time, since I came back about two months ago...

I love this effin' site. BRING IT ON BITCHES!!!

Back to reading. I have about 50 minutes and 3 pages to go.

Right now I'm really not liking Golden and Mac being swell with each other suddenly. I get people can change their minds, but I dunno, convenient?

I think I may vote for Golden but I still have a few pages.
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:No one is telling anyone else how to play the game. No one is saying that you have to contribute 400 posts to be civilian. Who the hell is saying that?
MP, Mac has been saying that about me. It's the brunt of our entire thing. He basically thinks I'm bad because I don't want to keep posting all the time, at least that is where his initial gut read is coming from.

In fact, I think there has been a gradual attitude towards this for ages, and I think you would be most unwise to ignore or criticise the truth in it. I would find it very uncomfortable to be a low poster in this game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Back!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DFaraday wrote:Daisy, I get lynched in the majority of games I play for being blendy, so it's not as if non-outspoken players get a free ride.

As for Dom, I'll need to go over his posts later, but his play this game kind of feels like his play in Gentleman's Guide, where he was bad.

EBWOP: Thanks MP. :noble:
I agree, DF, and I suppose what I'm trying to say is that no one should be given a free ride. You sign up for a mafia game, you could possibly be deceiving a majority of the players in the game, so you should be interrogated. That's the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, DF, what reminds you of Gentlemen's Guide, re: Dom, specifically?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote:Right now I'm really not liking Golden and Mac being swell with each other suddenly. I get people can change their minds, but I dunno, convenient?
I'm not swell with Mac. I still think a 1 v 1 is a good idea. But hey, MP is denouncing the whole 14 pages thing... that I told Mac I didn't want to do in the first place.

If you don't like the 14 pages between Mac and I, people should have done what I asked in the first place.

You can't denounce the 14 pages on one hand, and denounce the 1 v 1 on the other.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:I think the frustration coming from the lower posters is coming from the idea that their very play styles are being attacked. That just isn't the case. There was a period fairly recently actually where I only made a couple posts in the span of a good 48 hours or so. A few people called me out for it not because I simply wasn't posting, but because it was inconsistent with the standard that people are used to from me. I don't speak for everyone who's getting on the lower posters' case, but for me at least I never go after a lower poster simply for lack of content and nothing more. Even in the case of Bubbles, by far the most minimal poster who has been in this game from the start, my scum read of her is not because she has few posts. I have honestly been pinged from the few posts she does have. And even if someone is to be interpreted as going after a lower poster simply for not posting more, that doesn't mean that they are telling them how they should play the game.

If I or anyone else tells, yes, tells another player to do this or that we are not demanding they play the game any certain way, (if everyone played Mafia like I do then I would never play Mafia...my main reason for playing this game is because I'm interested in the different ways people approach the game) this aggressive play style is only used to gauge reactions and try to determine whether the responses to these types of posts are coming from a town/scum/whatever perspective. That. Is. It. Nothing more. It's ironic that the more aggressive players such as myself are being told that we are telling people to play the game differently when that is essentially what they are doing to us by making us feel guilty for the way we play the game. Mini-rant over, I apologize. I think it's important that I say this here because I think that the game won't progress in any way shape or form if this kind of miscommunication keeps dragging down everyone's willpower. If you feel like another player is insulting you or attacking you personally take it to the mods, administrators, anything. It should not drag down the game.

With much love to you all, I shall now resume my mafia persona. If you feel attacked by it, please refer to the statement in my signature.
This is exactly how I feel, only expressed much more eloquently than I can apparently accomplish. Props, zebra. :clap:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden, all respect and I love you man, but 1v1 is a terrible idea for town and I vehemently oppose it with every fiber of my being. I will not participate in it, and I highly suggest everyone else not as well.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:No one is telling anyone else how to play the game. No one is saying that you have to contribute 400 posts to be civilian. Who the hell is saying that?
MP, Mac has been saying that about me. It's the brunt of our entire thing. He basically thinks I'm bad because I don't want to keep posting all the time, at least that is where his initial gut read is coming from.

In fact, I think there has been a gradual attitude towards this for ages, and I think you would be most unwise to ignore or criticise the truth in it. I would find it very uncomfortable to be a low poster in this game.
Mac has been saying that because he thinks it's inconsistent with your play style. I agree that he's wrong, but you're mistaken if you think he's telling you how to play the game or even if you think his basis for you not being civilian is simply because you're not posting all the time. If he thought your amount of posts and/or content was what it is in this game (like I do), he wouldn't think you were bad. You two misunderstanding each other's criticisms by interpreting them as personal attacks against your play styles is the reason the actual minimal posters are frustrated at that 14-page fiasco, because that's the reason it's there in the first place.

linki - I've been called many things but eloquent is rarely if ever one of them. :haha: Thanks MP.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Matt wrote:Hmmm

I know MP would rather us go to Mods and all, but I'm not upset, I just want to make a point re: Roxy

I've been belittled, ridiculed, called irrational, insane, had a policy lynch called upon me, and much more that I'm sure I can't remember at the time, since I came back about two months ago...

I love this effin' site. BRING IT ON BITCHES!!!

Back to reading. I have about 50 minutes and 3 pages to go.

Right now I'm really not liking Golden and Mac being swell with each other suddenly. I get people can change their minds, but I dunno, convenient?

I think I may vote for Golden but I still have a few pages.

Looking forward to your thoughts, Matt.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

*was normally what it is in this game
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:
Matt wrote:Right now I'm really not liking Golden and Mac being swell with each other suddenly. I get people can change their minds, but I dunno, convenient?
I'm not swell with Mac. I still think a 1 v 1 is a good idea. But hey, MP is denouncing the whole 14 pages thing... that I told Mac I didn't want to do in the first place.

If you don't like the 14 pages between Mac and I, people should have done what I asked in the first place.

You can't denounce the 14 pages on one hand, and denounce the 1 v 1 on the other.
I don't think a 1 v 1 benefits anybody but the baddies, regardless of who the two people are. It's the best way to get away with a noncommital vote that you can in no way be held accountable for since, hey we agreed to do a 1 v 1 remember? So I think you can denounce both. I do. The 14 pages made it super hard to catch up and I don't think anything of value was gained. As a matter of fact I think it was a detriment to everyone, good or bad. I also think 1 v 1 is a poor choice. If you've already forgotten why, start reading this post again. I haven't decided what I think of Mac, but I definitely don't think you're bad at this stage, Golden, and will not be voting for you.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:

Eh? I didn't reach that conclusion.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:
Golden wrote:

I don't think a 1 v 1 benefits anybody but the baddies, regardless of who the two people are. It's the best way to get away with a noncommital vote that you can in no way be held accountable for since, hey we agreed to do a 1 v 1 remember? So I think you can denounce both. I do. The 14 pages made it super hard to catch up and I don't think anything of value was gained. As a matter of fact I think it was a detriment to everyone, good or bad. I also think 1 v 1 is a poor choice. If you've already forgotten why, start reading this post again. I haven't decided what I think of Mac, but I definitely don't think you're bad at this stage, Golden, and will not be voting for you.
I agree completely, Bullz.

Who are you considering for your vote?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The real shame about Golden and Mac's 14 pages of back-and-forth is that they could have spent all of that effort producing analysis of multiple players; instead, we're now at a situation where I feel like it's easy for players to come in and jump on anyone currently with votes.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm going to start ISOing.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I told him nothing would change if he backed off. I still think Mac is bad.

I don't think people really understand this, because they still have trouble spotting my baddie game. the reason I really don't trust Mac is, he is playing my baddie game. MP said something like he couldn't possibly see Mac as bad because he is sprouting genuine all over the place.

Yeah, thats what my baddie game looks like, and its going to be what Mac's does too. But I know trying to convince everyone else of it is going to be like rolling a boulder uphill.

That's why I'm ok being lynched today.

@MP - Well - dare I say it - and you know I love you too, you are my best friend here - but if you refuse to do 1 v 1, then do 1 v 0 and vote me out. I don't want another 14 page fiasco tomorrow, and I don't think anyone else does either.

linki again - you should reach that conclusion. It's the truth. I spent so much of the early part of the fight trtying to ignore Mac and ask other people to iso us both and see Mac's attitude towards me, and what its been all game. No-one has bothered. You are all just gut reading us. Gut reading me, and gut reading Mac... we'll fool your guts, guys. That's the reason I've been the one begging everyone to read the isos.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Bullzeye wrote:
Golden wrote:

I agree with every word of this 100%.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Golden wrote:

Basically anyone at this stage. There are a handful of people I think are civ, and then everyone else is neutral-bad. I suspected Elo at one point, and Roxy seemed suspicious to me for a bit but now I'm not sure about her. I could be talked into a Mac vote, his posts are sometimes reminding me of his general attitude in TH. I need to reconsider a lot of things but the Doctor Who season finale starts in 5 minutes so I won't be doing that for a little while.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:I told him nothing would change if he backed off. I still think Mac is bad.

I don't think people really understand this, because they still have trouble spotting my baddie game. the reason I really don't trust Mac is, he is playing my baddie game. MP said something like he couldn't possibly see Mac as bad because he is sprouting genuine all over the place.

Yeah, thats what my baddie game looks like, and its going to be what Mac's does too. But I know trying to convince everyone else of it is going to be like rolling a boulder uphill.

That's why I'm ok being lynched today.

@MP - Well - dare I say it - and you know I love you too, you are my best friend here - but if you refuse to do 1 v 1, then do 1 v 0 and vote me out. I don't want another 14 page fiasco tomorrow, and I don't think anyone else does either.

linki again - you should reach that conclusion. It's the truth. I spent so much of the early part of the fight trtying to ignore Mac and ask other people to iso us both and see Mac's attitude towards me, and what its been all game. No-one has bothered. You are all just gut reading us. Gut reading me, and gut reading Mac... we'll fool your guts, guys. That's the reason I've been the one begging everyone to read the isos.
Golden, I feel as though you would be more likely to convince players to more heavily consider your points if you didn't follow them with "That's why I'm ok being lynched", because that's not a town-friendly statement. No town player should ever be okay with being lynched. This hits home with me big time, because my playstyle for years has been very similar to yours, and I've done exactly what you're asking for here before: 1 v 1. But was I ever right? Most of the time, no. Did people listen to me? No.

But even if I had been right and people had listened to me, it doesn't matter; we shouldn't be limiting town's focus. We've all heard your thoughts on Mac. Great. Clearly there is more than 1 mafia remaining. Please help me and everyone else catch that mafia member. Don't make this about 1 v 1 or 1 v 0 because that's not the structure of the game. It's ?? v ??, and neither of those numbers is 1.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Alright, all caught up from last night. Still have to catch up from pages 35 to about 60, but that'll have to hold.

What do people make of Roxy saying "vote for me, you'll catch a baddie" ? Is that bad Roxy getting mad and quitting, or is that good Roxy getting mad and trying to screw over town? I don't see good Roxy doing that sooooo

What do people make of Mac listing himself as Mafia in his G2H reads? Lol

I have about 30 min before I place my vote.
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'd vote for Roxy at this stage, frankly, but I'd like to ISO her, Dom, and others before I commit... we'll see how far I get. GTH I agree with Matt that I don't think a civilian Roxy would say "you'll catch a baddie", but I really don't know; she could just be a civilian saying that because she's so beyond wanting out of the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Golden wrote:

Basically anyone at this stage. There are a handful of people I think are civ, and then everyone else is neutral-bad. I suspected Elo at one point, and Roxy seemed suspicious to me for a bit but now I'm not sure about her. I could be talked into a Mac vote, his posts are sometimes reminding me of his general attitude in TH. I need to reconsider a lot of things but the Doctor Who season finale starts in 5 minutes so I won't be doing that for a little while.
How is it reminding you of Talking Heads, specifically? I thought Mac's early game especially was more sincere, but in Talking Heads I knew the whole time he was mafia, so I can't really compare with a fair judgment.

Can you recall why you suspected Elo and Rox?
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, DF, what reminds you of Gentlemen's Guide, re: Dom, specifically?
His posts this game have tended to be vague and noncommittal. I haven't gone back to check, but I also can't remember Dom really suspecting anyone beyond throwing an eye their way.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:I told him nothing would change if he backed off. I still think Mac is bad.

I don't think people really understand this, because they still have trouble spotting my baddie game. the reason I really don't trust Mac is, he is playing my baddie game. But what about his baddie game? When people play my baddie game, I tend to town read them, and I'm often right. MP said something like he couldn't possibly see Mac as bad because he is sprouting genuine all over the place. So is Mac's town game supposed to be disingenuous? Otherwise by this logic you will scum read him for being honest every single game.

Yeah, thats what my baddie game looks like, and its going to be what Mac's does too. How do you get from before the second comma to after the second comma in this sentence? Tunneling. But I know trying to convince everyone else of it is going to be like rolling a boulder uphill.

That's why I'm ok being lynched today. Why does it have to be either you're lynched or he is? MOST people in the game don't support your 1v1. I've already mentioned that even if we lynch you and flip town, that wouldn't make Mac bad by any stretch of the imagination, especially now since he's backed off and more-or-less admitted that he has been tunneling you. When I first mentioned that point you responded by saying that that's why you made the legacy post. Great, but that still doesn't make Mac bad. At the end of the day you don't know, and could therefore be wrong. And you're less likely to convince people when your arguments are coming off as more biased-based than based in objective reasoning.

@MP - Well - dare I say it - and you know I love you too, you are my best friend here - but if you refuse to do 1 v 1, then do 1 v 0 and vote me out. I don't want another 14 page fiasco tomorrow, and I don't think anyone else does either. Why is there not a choice? Why, if you live, must another 14-page fiasco happen? What is compelling you to go back-and-forth with Mac over and over again about semantics and other easily misinterpreted points? I had a feeling this would happen way back with your first conflict with him, and when I expressed it you both went after me for basically being a prophet that most of the content between you two will be ignored by pretty much everyone else for containing so little unbiased logic?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DFaraday wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, DF, what reminds you of Gentlemen's Guide, re: Dom, specifically?
His posts this game have tended to be vague and noncommittal. I haven't gone back to check, but I also can't remember Dom really suspecting anyone beyond throwing an eye their way.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I'm ISOing him as we speak.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:Alright, all caught up from last night. Still have to catch up from pages 35 to about 60, but that'll have to hold.

What do people make of Roxy saying "vote for me, you'll catch a baddie" ? Is that bad Roxy getting mad and quitting, or is that good Roxy getting mad and trying to screw over town? I don't see good Roxy doing that sooooo

What do people make of Mac listing himself as Mafia in his G2H reads? Lol

I have about 30 min before I place my vote.
It's bad Roxy methinks. I don't think good Roxy would want to screw over town, the players she's openly had issues with are among her scum reads.

Mac's just being funny.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'd vote for Roxy at this stage, frankly, but I'd like to ISO her, Dom, and others before I commit... we'll see how far I get. GTH I agree with Matt that I don't think a civilian Roxy would say "you'll catch a baddie", but I really don't know; she could just be a civilian saying that because she's so beyond wanting out of the game.
Well, I know DH and Epi must've had to reach deep into their bag of replacements to allow me to come back in (just kiddin' hosts...ummm kinda), so if Roxy is really done, then she's probably mod-killed, right?

In that case, I'm going to vote Roxy. Peeps seem to think she's bad anyway, and this way, we see her alignment as opposed to not if she's mod-killed.

MP and Daisy, Question - In Talking Heads, I sussed Black Rock for being bad simply because she replaced in and Long Con had been lynched and flipped mafia. I figured "Well hey, they are an item so they probably discuss their roles with each other if one of them isn't playing and therefore BR must be bad too." My question is, do the two of you discuss your roles with each other if the other isn't playing? :mafia:

Linki - Yeah Zebra, I knew Mac was being funny, but thought I'd ask what peeps thought since no one seemed to bring it up. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I didn't even notice it myself so I'm glad you pointed it out Matt.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

:sigh:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Roxy is probably the best way to vote.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote::sigh:
Sorry, my run-on sentences can be a pain.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@zebra - if you were a prophet, then you'd be on board with the 1 v 1.

lol - zebra, it's not that.

It's that I know the right thing to do is to lynch Roxy. You can't risk that kind of thing ending in modkill.

But... I really also know that 1 v 1 is a great idea, despite you and others not believing or understanding it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:@zebra - if you were a prophet, then you'd be on board with the 1 v 1.

lol - zebra, it's not that.

It's that I know the right thing to do is to lynch Roxy. You can't risk that kind of thing ending in modkill.

But... I really also know that 1 v 1 is a great idea, despite you and others not believing or understanding it.
If I was a prophet and knew you or Mac or both were bad, I still wouldn't be on board with the 1 v 1, simply because no one else is. What is it that we don't understand about 1 v 1 that makes it anything other than an anti-town demonstration?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dom wrote:
Golden wrote: One straight answer, please.
This is how I always feel when I talk to Matt.
Lol.

Again, I love this site. :beer:
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”