Thomas the Tank Engine [Night 9]

Moderator: Community Team

What winter activity should the passengers take part in?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Ice skating
No votes
Tubing
No votes
Snowboarding
No votes
Skiing
14%
Sledding
29%
Moving the Island (Host, etc.)
57%

Total votes: 7
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 210

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Night 1]

Post by Snow Dog »

Hedgeowl wrote:
A Person wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:I am currently suspicious of those who didn't vote. Especially those like Lizzy and A Person who were waiting so last minute that they missed the vote. First day voting for noobs could be an excuse for some, but doesn't work for everyone. Not sure on Nev currently, but he's not my inclination for the next vote.
I'm terrible at making decisions, so waiting until the last minute is the only way I get things done :(
This could be said about so many of us in this game :D However, Snow Dog I am curious if you will be voting for A Person again and do you have any further thoughts?
I doubt I'll vote him again. I quite fancy a vote for you or Llama if this pig idea keeps going. feels like a baddie move to me.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Day 2]

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Yeah the pig thing is odd considering there's really not much supporting it at all.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Lizzy »

RIP SVS :(

So, being pretty much new to the game, and reading people's posts, and since apparently the baddies are no strangers to targeting their own and since SVS's identity has not been revealed, is there a possibility that she was one of them? Also, I still don't understand how the voting in the previous poll could tell whether or not we are dealing with baddies. If I were to find anything suspicious related to this, it's not the pig voting folk, but rather how Llama and DH both rushed to vote for goats almost simultaneously. Then there is DH being biffed. That does not mean it's not a coincidence. So, because we're still quite a few, I'm sticking to my 'innocent till proven guilty' approach.

And, as for not voting in the lynch last time, that was just me being an idiot and thinking I still had a couple of hours left. As you might have noticed, the polls closed just as I was about to vote. So I take the blame for this entirely. Won't happen again.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:What's this about the pig voters?
All four votes for Pigs came from people who missed the previous lynch vote. I have a crazy conspiracy theory that these people had some info on the poll, and I think that indicates baddieness.
Let me get this straight. Your theory is that all the baddies missed a lynch vote, and to reward them for this Epi gave them info on the best poll option for them to choose? That does sound crazy.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
All four votes for Pigs came from people who missed the previous lynch vote. I have a crazy conspiracy theory that these people had some info on the poll, and I think that indicates baddieness.
Let me get this straight. Your theory is that all the baddies missed a lynch vote, and to reward them for this Epi gave them info on the best poll option for them to choose? That does sound crazy.
But if it is possible... Has this happened before?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Lizzy wrote:RIP SVS :(

So, being pretty much new to the game, and reading people's posts, and since apparently the baddies are no strangers to targeting their own and since SVS's identity has not been revealed, is there a possibility that she was one of them? Also, I still don't understand how the voting in the previous poll could tell whether or not we are dealing with baddies. If I were to find anything suspicious related to this, it's not the pig voting folk, but rather how Llama and DH both rushed to vote for goats almost simultaneously. Then there is DH being biffed. That does not mean it's not a coincidence. So, because we're still quite a few, I'm sticking to my 'innocent till proven guilty' approach.

And, as for not voting in the lynch last time, that was just me being an idiot and thinking I still had a couple of hours left. As you might have noticed, the polls closed just as I was about to vote. So I take the blame for this entirely. Won't happen again.
Yes baddies target their own but never with their kill. There is Sir Topham who can redirect targets but aside from interference by him I'd say it's pretty much confirmed that SVS was civvie.

Linki: Probably not.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 45

Post by DharmaHelper »

Solve the problem long term and only a problem in the header of the chest.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Tank launches grass growth on vocals. I want to know is, how many tears from heaven.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Tank launches grass growth on vocals. I want to know is, how many tears from heaven.
I couldn't have said that better myself :p
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Nevinera »

Bullzeye wrote: Yes baddies target their own but never with their kill. There is Sir Topham who can redirect targets but aside from interference by him I'd say it's pretty much confirmed that SVS was civvie.
The NK isn't described as a specific role's night power, so I can't imagine Topham could redirect it.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nevinera wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Yes baddies target their own but never with their kill. There is Sir Topham who can redirect targets but aside from interference by him I'd say it's pretty much confirmed that SVS was civvie.
The NK isn't described as a specific role's night power, so I can't imagine Topham could redirect it.

We are at a point in the future, but happy. The latest shoes baby pink car mono equation of the Illuminati article.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

DH, I love you so much at this point, you have no idea.

I needed a good laugh after reading about the Rwandan genocide. Ugh.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:I love a hairbrained theory, and I'm going to stick with this one as long as it is tenable. The pig voters must have had info on the poll, and that means they cannot be trusted!
The bacon/pig voter targeting started in jest, so unless it is acted upon I don't think this should be viewed as a threat.
Unless someone is unwilling to share bacon, in which case 'off with their heads!' But seriously, the other leads are about as bad as this.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Nevinera wrote:
Agreed, because it states:

Dirty Diesels
Have BTSC and scrap a player each night. The scrapping can not be blocked!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Snow Dog wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
A Person wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:I am currently suspicious of those who didn't vote. Especially those like Lizzy and A Person who were waiting so last minute that they missed the vote. First day voting for noobs could be an excuse for some, but doesn't work for everyone. Not sure on Nev currently, but he's not my inclination for the next vote.
I'm terrible at making decisions, so waiting until the last minute is the only way I get things done :(
This could be said about so many of us in this game :D However, Snow Dog I am curious if you will be voting for A Person again and do you have any further thoughts?
I doubt I'll vote him again. I quite fancy a vote for you or Llama if this pig idea keeps going. feels like a baddie move to me.
:eye:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

And some students say with trees and Niverin: girls, music.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
A Person wrote:
:eye:
Is this an example of a "No U"?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

This could be said about so many of us in this game :D However, Snow Dog I am curious if you will be voting for A Person again and do you have any further thoughts?[/quote]
I doubt I'll vote him again. I quite fancy a vote for you or Llama if this pig idea keeps going. feels like a baddie move to me.[/quote]

:eye:[/quote]

Is this an example of a "No U"?[/quote]

It was meant as an 'I've got my eye on you' in a tongue-in-cheek manner.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Yeah, crazy like a fox!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Hedgeowl wrote:This could be said about so many of us in this game :D However, Snow Dog I am curious if you will be voting for A Person again and do you have any further thoughts?
I doubt I'll vote him again. I quite fancy a vote for you or Llama if this pig idea keeps going. feels like a baddie move to me.[/quote]

:eye:[/quote]

Is this an example of a "No U"?[/quote]

It was meant as an 'I've got my eye on you' in a tongue-in-cheek manner.[/quote]

I already have my eye on you. ;)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Time to Close your eyes on the ball and the ground.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm voting for Disgruntled Porcupine because out of the people who voted for Pigs, his name contains the most letters of the word "Pigs" and because pigs grunt.

DisgruntledPorcupine = Pig splice turned round

What more proof do you need?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

-.O

Have you been meditating too much again Llama?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nevinera wrote:-.O

Have you been meditating too much again Llama?
Zhu Zhu Ama sound is the name of the game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

I'll go with my gut feeling, since this is how it's done. Normally I would have chosen DH for rushing to vote 'goats' and because the baddies apparently can target one of their own. However, because DH has been absolutely hilarious today and cannot defend him/herself, I'm going with Llama, because the two of them seem to be on the same team. See the goats. ;) I'm still keeping an eye on DH.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36

I wonder if I can change this, if I can I'm sure I'll find i

Post by A Person »

I still have no leads and don't think the poll results have any useable information. Maybe I random again.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Lizzy wrote:I'll go with my gut feeling, since this is how it's done. Normally I would have chosen DH for rushing to vote 'goats' and because the baddies apparently can target one of their own. However, because DH has been absolutely hilarious today and cannot defend him/herself, I'm going with Llama, because the two of them seem to be on the same team. See the goats. ;) I'm still keeping an eye on DH.
Why do you think DH and I are o the same team? He is funny, and the target of a baddie, so I hope he is on my team, but I don't know. If you know, I would appreciate you telling me.

thellama73
Supatown

Re: I wonder if I can change this, if I can I'm sure I'll fi

Post by thellama73 »

A Person wrote:I still have no leads and don't think the poll results have any useable information. Maybe I random again.
I don't see why people are giving me a hard time for my (flawless) reasoning about voting for DP, but this is allowed to go on.

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

thellama73 wrote:I'm voting for Disgruntled Porcupine because out of the people who voted for Pigs, his name contains the most letters of the word "Pigs" and because pigs grunt.

DisgruntledPorcupine = Pig splice turned round

What more proof do you need?
*gasp* I've been caught!
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

thellama73 wrote:
Lizzy wrote:I'll go with my gut feeling, since this is how it's done. Normally I would have chosen DH for rushing to vote 'goats' and because the baddies apparently can target one of their own. However, because DH has been absolutely hilarious today and cannot defend him/herself, I'm going with Llama, because the two of them seem to be on the same team. See the goats. ;) I'm still keeping an eye on DH.
Why do you think DH and I are o the same team? He is funny, and the target of a baddie, so I hope he is on my team, but I don't know. If you know, I would appreciate you telling me.
With baddies being able to target one of their own in order to draw people's attention away from that player, assuming DH is in that situation, and you are on his team, that would make you a baddie. But these are just assumptions. I just found it odd the other day when you two rushed to vote for goats. I may be mistaken, of course. Plus your choice of avi, while I absolutely love it, makes you seem evil as well. :P
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Mongoose voted for me without mentioning it.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Lizzy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
With baddies being able to target one of their own in order to draw people's attention away from that player, assuming DH is in that situation, and you are on his team, that would make you a baddie. But these are just assumptions. I just found it odd the other day when you two rushed to vote for goats. I may be mistaken, of course. Plus your choice of avi, while I absolutely love it, makes you seem evil as well. :P
So you're assuming I'm bad because DH is on my team, and you're assuming DH is on my team because he was targeted and you're assuming he was targeted because he was bad and you're assuming he is bad because he's on my team and you are assuming he's on my team because I'm bad? Is that right?

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I don't know who I am going to vote for.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

thellama73 wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
So you're assuming I'm bad because DH is on my team, and you're assuming DH is on my team because he was targeted and you're assuming he was targeted because he was bad and you're assuming he is bad because he's on my team and you are assuming he's on my team because I'm bad? Is that right?
Correctamundo. Don't be hatin' on of my super awesome assumption skills. ;)
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

I accidentally a word. :\
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

This game is getting very strange -.O
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Well, unless he's being incredibly clever, I'm fairly confident now that llama is civ. And maybe drunk? But civ.
I don't see how he could know anything about DP though, unless I have his role wrong :-\
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:Well, unless he's being incredibly clever, I'm fairly confident now that llama is civ. And maybe drunk? But civ.
I don't see how he could know anything about DP though, unless I have his role wrong :-\
Does he get drunk?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 20

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Alright. I would have come back with a bit more sooner, but I ended up having lunch with my grandparents. So I finished my re-read a bit ago.

I'll start with the idea of looking at pig voters (probably because I'm in this group). I already explained why I voted the way I did, as well as why I missed the vote. I don't see someone pushing the idea of voting for pig voters this early on to be a good course of action. In fact, I have my eye on Llama on Hedgeowl because I would say they were the main proponents of looking at the pig voters. Maybe later on, with more votes under our belts, it might be something to consider with other evidence. But it seems a bit too early to be pushing for pig voters at this point.

I'm still suspicious of Nev and Viper for the same reasons I mentioned before. That hasn't changed much. So more than likely, my vote will be going to one of those 4 today.
A Person wrote:I still have no leads and don't think the poll results have any useable information. Maybe I random again.
We've had all this discussion, and you can't find anything that would be useful in here? :shrug:
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Sorry - been slammed at work today. Also, had to go do my civic duty via jury summons.

Anyway, I chose Snow Dog due to llama's Hidden Message School of Thought. Can't spell Snow Dog without "goon." My apologies.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Snow Dog wrote:
Nevinera wrote:Well, unless he's being incredibly clever, I'm fairly confident now that llama is civ. And maybe drunk? But civ.
Does he get drunk?
:haha:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:Sorry - been slammed at work today. Also, had to go do my civic duty via jury summons.

Anyway, I chose Snow Dog due to llama's Hidden Message School of Thought. Can't spell Snow Dog without "goon." My apologies.
You realise Mongoose has the same word in it? :p
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

He's probably not drinking in the middle of day at work though. Honestly, things seem to have gone a little wacko, but maybe that's just the energy DH has been bringing today, with these fabulous posts. Noted that DH voted for Nev as well, but can't ask why.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote: Noted that DH voted for Nev as well, but can't ask why.
DharmaHelper wrote: Zhu Zhu Ama sound is the name of the game.
That's why! Isn't it obvious?

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote:Does he get drunk?
Not that I'm aware of, but I cannot fathom his game.
thellama73 wrote:That's why! Isn't it obvious?
I'm a bit curious too, but I've never given people a shortage of reasons to suspect me anyway.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Mongoose wrote:Sorry - been slammed at work today. Also, had to go do my civic duty via jury summons.

This is ironic, coming from you, Mongoose.

The shortness of this games days is really throwing me off, I keep expecting two where we get one. I'll be around a great deal tomorrow and willing to chat about whatever, but my major thoughts are thus (I can elaborate and explain tomorrow; I'm dead tired):

RIP, S~V~S. It's a shame to lose you so early, especially when you were so helpful to the new players. My theory is that she was killed mainly because of general helpfulness. Since she hadn't accused anyone of anything, I don't think her death gives us great leads.

The pig voters thing is still largely a joke, right?

I had decided not to vote Nev today, but he's seemed exceedingly prickly. I don't know what to make of it; I kind of changed my opinion on him with every new post of his I read today. For now I'm inclined to withhold judgment because I'm so unsure. I will ask, though: Nev, you said you had a certain role in mind for llama. How could that possibly be, so early on? I'm asking partly in astonishment at how fast that happened, to get more info about your thought process this game, and partly out of general curiosity. I've almost never pinned down a specific role, only alignments, and I'm curious about how others do it.

So, all that said....I don't know who to vote for. I don't have any pings anywhere near large enough to lynch someone over. So I'll go with...Bullzeye. Why not?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

I am not voting llama as I suspect foul play.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:

This is ironic, coming from you, Mongoose.
I was secretly hoping someone would catch that!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Russtifinko wrote: I had decided not to vote Nev today, but he's seemed exceedingly prickly. I don't know what to make of it; I kind of changed my opinion on him with every new post of his I read today. For now I'm inclined to withhold judgment because I'm so unsure. I will ask, though: Nev, you said you had a certain role in mind for llama. How could that possibly be, so early on? I'm asking partly in astonishment at how fast that happened, to get more info about your thought process this game, and partly out of general curiosity. I've almost never pinned down a specific role, only alignments, and I'm curious about how others do it.

So, all that said....I don't know who to vote for. I don't have any pings anywhere near large enough to lynch someone over. So I'll go with...Bullzeye. Why not?
I'm prickly because I'm not sleeping well. Though I am pretty grumpy normally anyway.

My opinion about llama's role is based entirely on his current behavior and my understanding of his personality.
I can't imagine him playing this way except under certain circumstances, which only one of the roles satisfies.

I have the impression that I'm not allowed to say or strongly imply what that role is, but if Epi says otherwise I'll gladly explain,
and I think you'd probably generally agree with my assessment.

It's sadly useless to know, until he stops behaving like a crazy person.
Unless he has some kind of information I can't fathom from that last survey?
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Day 1]

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Nice way to spread the vote even further~ the baddies can swoop in and lynch a civ with just one vote with such a spread, especially if the lurkers dont vote :(

Return to “Previous Side Missions”