Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:06 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:05 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:32 pmYeah if someone votes to break ties that's also worth looking at but what I'm saying is if someone votes to cause a tie, and especially if that tie then breaks against whoever they voted for, that's a red flag for me :shrug:
when did this start? was this always your opinion on ties? i don't remember this coming up before and i feel like it would have, cus i basically do that constantly
he's talking about tribunal
yeah i've gathered that. it's just that i don't remember ever seeing DH voicing or acting on strong opinions regarding ties before, even in other games where ties weren't randomized.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 70

Post by insertnamehere »

G-Man wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:39 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:25 pm To me the only reason a person would vote to tie a lynch that they weren't in danger in is because they are on the tribunal or know who is and they want to save the person that is in the lead during the un-tied period.

Significantly more plausible baddie motives RE: Ties.
Knowing more than meets the eye is far from the only reason that ties happen. At EOD it does look suspicious but it happens many times during the day phase as well. Some people have hunches about and reads on people that lead them to tie up the poll. Poll momentum shifts as the day progresses as well. Your post is very short-sighted, reactive, and dismissive. Anyone else posting it and I’d be somewhat suspicious. But you’re you, so I don’t know if the needle moves much.
this post irks me
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:38 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:25 pm To me the only reason a person would vote to tie a lynch that they weren't in danger in is because they are on the tribunal or know who is and they want to save the person that is in the lead during the un-tied period.

Knowing more than meets the eye is far from the only reason that ties happen. At EOD it does look suspicious but it happens many times during the day phase as well. Some people have hunches about and reads on people that lead them to tie up the poll. Poll momentum shifts as the day progresses as well. Your post is very short-sighted, reactive, and dismissive. Anyone else posting it and I’d be somewhat suspicious. But you’re you, so I don’t know if the needle moves much.
this post irks me
Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:16 pm With all the talk of tying up lunches and the tribunal it does look like some of the roles impact the amount of votes people have on them anyway. So that would mean there is a potential for a situation to appear as a tie and then not really be that if someone has minus votes or extra secret votes put on them or whatever right? Or would the tribunal players know that information prior to their input?
It appears there is definitely potential for unseen vote manipulation in the mechanics. I would assume that if we have a poll that appears tied, but is actually not due to unseen mechanics, the tribunal would not decide anything, nor would they be told what's going on. My assumption is that the tribunal is only consulted if the poll is tied after the hosts have accounted for all vote manipulations and mechanics.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 168

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:11 pm Hey Colllllllin, aren't you gonna acknowledge my vote, Collllllin?
Nope
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:39 pm

this post irks me
Why?
it's short-sighted, reactive, and dismissive. Anyone else posting it and I'd be somewhat suspicious. But it's G-Man, so I don't know if the needle moves much.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I love this whole "trust-team" idea that JOH and CBob are throwing around.

Anyone want to openly team up with me? I'm an honorable, trustworthy person, according to the most trustworthy person I know, who is of course myself.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 168

Post by ColinIsCool »

If I can't check in tomorrow I don't want my vote to be on cbob as a joke, so I am publicly announcing a [VOTE: DDL] aubergine wagon contribution for the foreseeable future.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:11 pm Hey Colllllllin, aren't you gonna acknowledge my vote, Collllllin?
Nope
why not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:50 pm If I can't check in tomorrow I don't want my vote to be on cbob as a joke, so I am publicly announcing a [VOTE: DDL] aubergine wagon contribution for the foreseeable future.
Boooo
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:46 pm I love this whole "trust-team" idea that JOH and CBob are throwing around.

Anyone want to openly team up with me? I'm an honorable, trustworthy person, according to the most trustworthy person I know, who is of course myself.
Sure. Let's be friends.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That was angry disapproval booing, not spooky ghost booing. To be clear.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:55 pm That was angry disapproval booing, not spooky ghost booing. To be clear.
Lots of ghosts are angry and disapproving, you know.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:55 pm That was angry disapproval booing, not spooky ghost booing. To be clear.
Lots of ghosts are angry and disapproving, you know.
I'd hate to be on the wrong end of ghost scorn.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 144

Post by Tranq »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:46 pm I love this whole "trust-team" idea that JOH and CBob are throwing around.

If G-Man sent you a friend request, would you accept or ignore it?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:28 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:49 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:40 pm Anyway I've ranked the people who have currently voted from most to least suspicious as of me typing this post without being linkied into any other votes:

Cbob - "His posting" is a funny but ultimately hollow and wormy way to explain the Colin vote
Colin - "No U" vote was cheeky but still bad.
Chuck - Did not give a reason for his DDL vote which IIRC came close to if not directly after Epi said he'd be voting DDL. Chuck pulling up to the train station early AF to save himself a seat.
Sloonei - Voting for anyone based on other people's reasons for suspecting people is suspicious to me. Make your own points. Stand on your own ground.
TH - Early vote for Sorsha for a hollow, funny reason. Doesn't look serious. Sorsha's not done anything overtly suspicious. Could be buddying/distancing but not worth losing my shit over instantly.
Epi - His DDL vote makes sense, he gave a good reason and was consistent.
I read this the first time but it's not exactly meaty by your standards. Why requote it?
Added Colin.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:32 pmYeah if someone votes to break ties that's also worth looking at but what I'm saying is if someone votes to cause a tie, and especially if that tie then breaks against whoever they voted for, that's a red flag for me :shrug:
when did this start? was this always your opinion on ties? i don't remember this coming up before and i feel like it would have, cus i basically do that constantly
In this game. Specifically given the tribunal mechanic. Taking random chance/host discretion out of the ties and making the decision one that the player(s) make (i.e one that can be influenced by in game factors).

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:01 am
Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:25 am Picture looks fine.

I can vote after having posted. Looks like DH saw he couldn't vote, posted, and then pooped about not being able to vote without realising he should now be able to.
Weird post.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:06 amJack is bad
I was just about to give you a weird tell bad read.
Huh
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:06 pm
he's talking about tribunal
yeah i've gathered that. it's just that i don't remember ever seeing DH voicing or acting on strong opinions regarding ties before, even in other games where ties weren't randomized.
I dunno if I have or haven't. Except a few times in games wherein I thought ties would be funny. And that one game that we made a 4 or 5 way tie or w/e that was pretty funny.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:43 pm

this post irks me
Why?
it's short-sighted, reactive, and dismissive. Anyone else posting it and I'd be somewhat suspicious. But it's G-Man, so I don't know if the needle moves much.
Fuckin incredible troll.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:50 pm If I can't check in tomorrow I don't want my vote to be on cbob as a joke, so I am publicly announcing a [VOTE: DDL] aubergine wagon contribution for the foreseeable future.
Yikes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:31 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:48 am Jackofhearts2005 want to trust team? Coming back to a 30 player fancy game is intimidating and I need to find a handhold somewhere.
I’ll hold your hand, bae.

[Revealdatspoiler]but only cause I miss you and also because I was kinda planning to sheep you, Sloonei and Speedchuck for the first half of the game anyway. And cause my Narya. Also cause I know you know you can’t just buddy me that easily in a lasting way so this doesn’t do you any good if you’re not town. Like I legit think this is a town indicative thing for you to say. Maybe a 3P one but statistics show you’re more likely town than 3P.[/revealdatspoiler]
Jack is bad
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:14 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:57 pm
Enrique wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:15 am btw i decided i have a truth meta now
Lynch Enrique
:clap:

This is the game where I have no original thoughts.
Scum making light of his scum underpants showing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:43 pm

this post irks me
Why?
You're bad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: jack] aubergine get dat boy
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I would give DH a town read but I am scorned after Hogwarts. I will never trust another DH as long as I live.

Sloonei though. He's being a real trusty boi.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:17 pm I would give DH a town read but I am scorned after Hogwarts. I will never trust another DH as long as I live.

Sloonei though. He's being a real trusty boi.
:grin:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I would give Mac a town read but I don't think he deserves one.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:20 pm I would give Mac a town read but I don't think he deserves one.
What if I pay you?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Mr Sloo. Tell me how I can do better for you missah. You want me to shine up your shoes real good like? Or maybe wash your feet real good like?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

G-Man wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:19 pm Keep an eye on the folks who darted in here early and, in light of the D0 poll result, pooh-poohed ties on the lynch poll. It’s a subtle way to establish a preemptive cop-out for either train-hopping later (to show they stick to their convictions) or blame-shifting to set up fall guys who tie polls that result in mislynches.

Close lynches and ties (whether mid-phase or at EOD) are valuable sources of information. Granted, that information is best in hindsight after the herd has thinned some.

We may not know who is on the Tribunal but we’re starting out with more civs than baddies (unless this game is extra-double whacky) and there are also two baddie factions, so the odds are against Tribunal being filled with one baddie team.
This post is an amazing piece of wisdom and logic that doesn't acrually do any scumhuting.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 348

Post by Enrique »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:23 pm
Enrique wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:03 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 am
You bad?
I am a civilian.
You won a game as a serial killer a few months ago, and now you're gonna downgrade your playstyle by adopting a truth meta?

Lame.
the truth meta is for this game only
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:29 pm
You bad?
I am a civilian.
You won a game as a serial killer a few months ago, and now you're gonna downgrade your playstyle by adopting a truth meta?

Lame.
Me too.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The wisdom continues. G-Man knows how to play mafia.

I am hyped to see him actually playing.

[VOTE: G-Man] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

You bad?
I am a civilian.

Lame.
Then it's not really a meta is it
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:23 pm Mr Sloo. Tell me how I can do better for you missah. You want me to shine up your shoes real good like? Or maybe wash your feet real good like?
Why am I town? Why is Jack bad?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

You bad?
I am a civilian.

Lame.
who bad?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:34 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:23 pm Mr Sloo. Tell me how I can do better for you missah. You want me to shine up your shoes real good like? Or maybe wash your feet real good like?
1. I am really good at tone reading people
2. I have a sixth sense for Darth Sloo and I do not sense him
3. Jack ... is bad?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I hate this argument about ties. It's full of WIFOM and NAI and general inconclusive waste of time.

Someone tieing a poll could mean literally anything, such as... wanting that person to be lynched.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

"Never Forget"
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually I have to confess I attacked G-Man's second post after just glancing at it and deciding he wasn't doing any hunting, then I actually bothered to read it thoroughly and noticed he tried to read DH.

Still think he is talking about ties way too much so I'll keep my vote there for now.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:07 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:04 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:56 pm What do you think of the reason I gave for voting for Tranq, DH? It was your post, after all.
Tranq's post RE: "the poll is meaningless" struck me as disingenuous. Like he wanted to find something to say and wanted to feign ignorance.

It's a suspicious thing to have said on his part, and a good reason to vote for him.
My thoughts eggzacktly, but I give him less meh for his explanation just now.
It's less suspicious of you to articulate those reasons instead of parroting me twice.
I do not care about this right now.
Sloonei releasing his inner Jay, down to the "fuck you and your opinion about me" thing.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:34 pm
1. I am really good at tone reading people
2. I have a sixth sense for Darth Sloo and I do not sense him
3. Jack ... is bad?
Your sixth sense has picked up on Darth Sloo in our previous two games together despite him not being there. What's different now?
Why is Jack bad?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I want to watch Dougall wash Sloon's feet #truthmeta
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Tranq acted like a pro-active hunter early then he weirdly changed his demeanor to a more reactive and passive one.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Mac is supatowing

Sloonei also feels like supatowning but in a way that's not so hard to fake
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Has anyone seen Quin? At this point I'd expect to see him angrily hissing at the people accusing him.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:53 pm Mac is supatowing

That's funny because I feel like Mac is just spewing Macdougall Meta 101 bullshit and it reads as phony baloney garbo.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:53 pm Mac is supatowing

We're getting pretty loose with the term supatowning these days. Can't easily fake supatown.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Could be but I just have never seen mafia Mac get away with that so I'm not that paranoid about it.

I mean I played with him as a baddie and he just lazily coasted and bandwagoned to victory.

Return to “Previous Jobs”