Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Day 1]

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:50 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:47 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:46 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:42 pm spf is mafia, why does everyone stop talking whenever i bring this up?
Because you give us nothing to talk about.
A BIG OLD LINK TO NOTHING
I disagree with the post
Oh
is spf doing this something you think she would need to cognizantly replicate or just something she would do unintentionally?
I don't know. She could do it unintentionally, semi-intentionally, or fully intentionally.

My concern is twofold: A) it is something she has seen me do and earn town credit for in a high profile spot.
B) I do not feel like there was an organic reason for her to utilize that play at that moment.
well I'd argue two things

if spf is aware of you and minor facets of your playstyle to the degree she unintentionally replicates it, it's likely she would do the same as town too

and if it's something spf would need to consciously replicate, well I just don't think spf is someone who considers the player list and get play to that extent as scum because:

I believe she intends to not high effort this game

jess doesn't actively plan out what to do as scum
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:42 pm spf is mafia, why does everyone stop talking whenever i bring this up?
I disagree with the post
Oh
is spf doing this something you think she would need to cognizantly replicate or just something she would do unintentionally?
I don't know. She could do it unintentionally, semi-intentionally, or fully intentionally.

My concern is twofold: A) it is something she has seen me do and earn town credit for in a high profile spot.
B) I do not feel like there was an organic reason for her to utilize that play at that moment.
I left this thought unfinished.

SPF doing that thing here suggests to me that she might be nervous about my perception of her in particular, and she did a thing that was designed purely to affect how I am reading her, as opposed to "generating content" or anything of that sort.

Her response to my prods on her motivation felt a bit clunky as well, but I haven't really dissected those words.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

as for the "there wasn't an organic reason to do it"

I'm not so sure about that. Honestly, calling attention to your reads in such a way I almost always dislike; it just feels showy to be

but it's also something that I've seen come from town *at least* as often as scum
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:51 pm
KZA wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:49 pm
that's just you talking about yourself
I'm very narcissistic, KZA.
Yeah I bet you love your name on that banner

[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine

on second thought it would be more interesting and productive to see what SPF has to say about your case
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:53 pm

I disagree with the post
Oh

well I'd argue two things

if spf is aware of you and minor facets of your playstyle to the degree she unintentionally replicates it, it's likely she would do the same as town too

and if it's something spf would need to consciously replicate, well I just don't think spf is someone who considers the player list and get play to that extent as scum because:

I believe she intends to not high effort this game

jess doesn't actively plan out what to do as scum
It is entirely possible that she is town. I have concerns that I'd like to pursue.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:55 pm as for the "there wasn't an organic reason to do it"

I'm not so sure about that. Honestly, calling attention to your reads in such a way I almost always dislike; it just feels showy to be

but it's also something that I've seen come from town *at least* as often as scum
What is your motivation for pursuing this discussion to the extent that you are?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:59 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:55 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:49 pm Thread's asleep cmon.

@staypositivefriend
@Sloonei

Do you believe Grogu's claim?
sure
All that talk of trying extra hard huh.
hey now, i said that i was gonna low-effort :P

i think grogu claiming to be green is non-alignment indicative because it would be the easiest thing in the world to make up - it's not like he's claiming a role with specific or unique abilities. it's the equivalent of trying to read into someone that says: "i'm town", imo

but i think his tone is fine so far - even good
to be fair this read does concern me

spf knows grogu has good tone as scum, he showed that in spider verse mafia

so I don't know why she mentions this
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 162

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:45 pm let's be honest who here understands this game
This is super towny in a way that I might articulate after a good night's sleep but that you guys can probably vaguely see the angle behind.
Progression cases are bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Epignosis »

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:56 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:55 pm as for the "there wasn't an organic reason to do it"

What is your motivation for pursuing this discussion to the extent that you are?
the fact you literally asked for it
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I have a theory: she doesn't like that I correctly called her out as scum, and is motivated to get discussion moving elsewhere, with her as the towny discussion motivator.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:01 pm

I have a theory: she doesn't like that I correctly called her out as scum, and is motivated to get discussion moving elsewhere, with her as the towny discussion motivator.
you're right I had an interest in not talking about your read. Mostly because it was bad and annoying me
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

My satire radar is in need of repair, I'll need some help here.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:01 pm

I am not criticizing you for engaging in discussion. I am asking what is motivating you. You have taken a stance that is distinctly defensive of SPF/critical of me. Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:02 pm

you're right I had an interest in not talking about your read. Mostly because it was bad and annoying me
:nicenod:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:03 pm

This is the Documentary Channel, C3P0. :srsnod:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:04 pm

I am not criticizing you for engaging in discussion. I am asking what is motivating you. You have taken a stance that is distinctly defensive of SPF/critical of me. Why?
my motivation is the fact I wanna post in thread cause I like talking about mafia

you asked for discussion about your read, I disagreed with the read. I gave my reasons as to why
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 560

Post by Urist »

the scummiest thing spf has done is receive a distancing vote from c4 :nicenod:
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:05 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:03 pm

This is the Documentary Channel, C3P0. :srsnod:
Well shit, now my satire radar is totaled.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:06 pm

my motivation is the fact I wanna post in thread cause I like talking about mafia

you asked for discussion about your read, I disagreed with the read. I gave my reasons as to why
How do you read me right now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Urist wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:06 pm the scummiest thing spf has done is receive a distancing vote from c4 :nicenod:
Said by someone not voting me
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Esooa] aubergine
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:08 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:06 pm

How do you read me right now?
your read on LC is weird and I think he's very likely scum. Biggest reason is he immediately switched his posting style when I pointed out he was more serious than normal. You didn't explain your LC town read and I didn't like that

past that I still don't really get why you think the mason thing is towny
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:08 pm
Urist wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:06 pm the scummiest thing spf has done is receive a distancing vote from c4 :nicenod:
that's not really relevant in a 26p game
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:09 pm [VOTE: Esooa] aubergine
Anyone who wants to kill Esooa rn has to go through me first.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:10 pm your read on LC is weird and I think he's very likely scum. Biggest reason is he immediately switched his posting style when I pointed out he was more serious than normal. You didn't explain your LC town read and I didn't like that

How seriously do you treat early-game reads?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Urist wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:11 pm
Sure, except you're voting the last possible person who could be partnered with me.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:12 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:10 pm your read on LC is weird and I think he's very likely scum. Biggest reason is he immediately switched his posting style when I pointed out he was more serious than normal. You didn't explain your LC town read and I didn't like that

depends on the player. For you, not very seriously
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:12 pm
Urist wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:11 pm
Sure, except you're voting the last possible person who could be partnered with me.
that's not really relevant in a multiball game
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:11 pm
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:13 pm

I meant your own reads, or reads in general.

When you say "for me" do you mean the reads that I have stated? Why? What is your perception of me? I think this is our first game together, or maybe our second.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

unless you mean how seriously I treat your reads

I think they're valid to criticize and base reads off of

for how much weight I give that refer to my last post lol
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:14 pm

When you say "for me" do you mean the reads that I have stated? Why? What is your perception of me? I think this is our first game together, or maybe our second.
need to do stuff for a few minutes so a quick response then will answer more later

I meant I treat my current read on you as not very serious and likely to change pending what you do later
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:13 pm
Yeah exactly, if I'm white knighting her you go through me first.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh come on now
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:15 pm need to do stuff for a few minutes so a quick response then will answer more later

I meant I treat my current read on you as not very serious and likely to change pending what you do later
Noted.

The reason I asked is that you seemed to be assigning more weight to my Long Con and spf reads than I am myself. I believe in the reads I have expressed in them so far, but I do not consider either of them to be even remotely close to solid. They are my initial impressions on the game.

There is not much more to the LC read than what I have said: I thought his attitude when he joked about being masons with me looked like a happy and carefree LC. The whole "claiming masons is easy" thing is not a line I'd apply to LC in particular: he's an old school Syndicat. The trend of claiming masons on Day 1 is a strange new custom we're not used to here. So I don't look at it as a routine thing for him to do. I just thought the post suggested he was coming at the thread from a place of ease, not straining to integrate himself. A vague impression, but an impression nonetheless.

I thought his response to the suspicion was snarky but laidback. I didn't mind. Scum LC doesn't get rattled by early Day 1 pressure.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 189

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:13 pm
One of the greatest Christmas movies of All Time.

Nice.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sup
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

nanook!
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Urist!
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 189

Post by falcon45ca »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:15 pm

need to do stuff for a few minutes so a quick response then will answer more later

Isn't that true of all reads?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:21 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:15 pm need to do stuff for a few minutes so a quick response then will answer more later

Noted.

The reason I asked is that you seemed to be assigning more weight to my Long Con and spf reads than I am myself. I believe in the reads I have expressed in them so far, but I do not consider either of them to be even remotely close to solid. They are my initial impressions on the game.

There is not much more to the LC read than what I have said: I thought his attitude when he joked about being masons with me looked like a happy and carefree LC. The whole "claiming masons is easy" thing is not a line I'd apply to LC in particular: he's an old school Syndicat. The trend of claiming masons on Day 1 is a strange new custom we're not used to here. So I don't look at it as a routine thing for him to do. I just thought the post suggested he was coming at the thread from a place of ease, not straining to integrate himself. A vague impression, but an impression nonetheless.

I thought his response to the suspicion was snarky but laidback. I didn't mind. Scum LC doesn't get rattled by early Day 1 pressure.
if that's why then okay; that makes more sense

I figured you were saying it was towny because of something along the lines of masons are a town only role.

I still think his response was bad. It doesn't have to do with being rattled, it has to do with what was imo an unnatural change in behavior when I pointed it out

as for how seriously I'm treating your reads; I don't expect you to strongly town read LC, but I do expect your (less serious) town read to have valid reasoning, which I didn't see before

what's your read on me?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:28 pm Image
I'm not reading any of these
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:23 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:15 pm

Isn't that true of all reads?
maybe? Not all, but I said that as in, "it's likely to change;" or, I wouldn't be surprised if it changed, because my read as of right now isn't very strong
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Holy fuck are you forced to talk like this or something?

Anyway, ISO me and you should find it pretty quickly.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:29 pm
Why not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:30 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:29 pm
Why not?
I'm on mobile and it's too small to read without going through the trouble of making it bigger which meh
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Wait wtf is Esooa a pokemon or Hodor or smth
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:28 pm what's your read on me?
Unsure. I feel like your reasons for being wary of me make sense from a civilian perspective, but your responses to my questions have felt like you are trying not to extend yourself too much, playing it a little hostile rather than just answering the questions I am asking. But sometimes my questions just do that to people, so I'm not going to commit to a read on that just yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”