Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 4)

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
nutella wrote:I am feeling better about Boomslang with his last two posts, and for now Scotty's ISO is enough for me to move my vote to DharmaHelper.

linki: Especially since he's not responding productively.
Is the reason you're suddenly up my ass is because I attacked your teammate? Because if so, You both should know I planned on moving my vote but now I won't.
I want to say you are bad, and it wouldn't surprise me if you were, but I want more input from others before making my decision on you over TinyBubbles, because I made the mistake of latching onto MetalMarsh in 2 separate games because he was shifty and unhelpful for all of the early game, when in reality that was apparently his normal civ play.
Sorry about that. Sometimes I can be helpful, but sometimes I just like to have fun in ways that don't benefit each other player's agenda.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Rox, why are you fixating on high posters? Can't you make the same mirrored argument about low posters?

When I was saying earlier that we should consider everyone as recruited/recruitee, I was including high and low posters. I'm all for discussing them with you, but I personally do not have any strong reason to believe any of the top 5 or so high posters are recruited at this time. You seem to think that Jay is. Do you think any of the others are?

It's entirely possible that no "high" posters are recruited at this time. It's also possible that one is, whether mafia or civilian. Anything is possible. At this time, Metalmarsh89 seems most likely to me as a mafia recruit, as evidenced by my list.
Why? And what the fuck does your list even say about this?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bullzeye, I feel like you're the only person that understands the case I was trying to make against Boomslang. I just wanna say thanks bro and raise the brofist. Whether you meet it with a brofist of your own is up to you, but know that I am pouring emotion into this fist right now.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm surprised Devin doesn't have more votes. Dude feels like bad news with his "placeholder" vote on himself followed by hopping on the bandwagon of the day. I think he's afraid of ruffling any feathers.

The fact that only one person (Llama) commented on my post re: BWT makes me think I was on the right track there.

Don't really see the cases on either Sorsha or Bubbles.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:not getting great vibes from Timmer overall. when he can't keep up, he gives me more the Deborah vibe than the "I really shouldn't be playing this and am unworthy" self-voting vibe (this is not to say I don't understand his RL reasons). he switches that often into a more insightful mode, which is closer to the active good stuff I know/expect from timmer, but still feels like switching gears quite a lot.

D1 - very late pitch in the Golden vs Epig spat, calls Golden phoney in his initial chatter about recruiting tactics
- then a postin which he thinks Golden is fake playing a civ game as a neutral, yet also doesn't regard him as a lynch target. I find this alterning of stances most confusing.
D2 - misses out
D3 - isn't as strong on Golden as when he called him phoney on D1, kinda puts him and MP in the same slot and labels Golden as unwanting to admit his actions have been weird; does a "THIS" on some thoughts on rey, then switches to make a six-point or so insight on the situation - again the kind of gear-switchin' that bothers me a bit

So from the rather consistent Golden voters, his own reasoning never reads strong or flexible (as in reviewing in depth his case) enough. Could be an unfortunate surf on a mislynch, but could be a bad surf just as well.
When I compiled my silly rainbow, timmer was perhaps the most intriguing name for me. As soon as I came to it my brain just spit out "RED", and I had no idea why. Intuition is weird man. Your workload is helping me to sort out my own takes a bit, so thanks for trudging through it.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Bullzeye, I feel like you're the only person that understands the case I was trying to make against Boomslang. I just wanna say thanks bro and raise the brofist. Whether you meet it with a brofist of your own is up to you, but know that I am pouring emotion into this fist right now.
*brofist*

I've got to say I'm not keen on either of these bandwagons today. Currently re-reading Sorsha and she hasn't pinged me massively yet. But then in my experience I'm literally never right about Sorsha so there is that. I feel like I'm being very meta with myself this game, taking advantage of the unusual setup to reflect on my own style of play. It's... interesting. Anyway yeah probably not seeing a Sorsha vote, not got to Bubbles yet in my reread but she seems to have shot up in people's views. Also considering a few other people, mostly who've been discussed today. Going to try not to take 3 hours at this though!
Synonym
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Synonym »

Okay, trying to keep up with this game on mobile is hard but I think I'm starting to get there.

I've spent a bit of time reading, not a complete thread read yet but I wanted to see where yesterday's lynch was forming from.

I have also had the majority of my mechanics questions answered by the GM's, however I might not be 100% across everything so apologies if I still get it wrong.

More general question, is it considered scummy/bad to post suspicions or courses of action during night phase here? The meta I'm used to it's frowned upon until the next phase as it can help guide mafia's actions.
And this is where I'd post my winnings... IF I HAD ANY.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

Bullzeye wrote:How do others feel about Unfurl's suggestion that Golden's lynch was an attempt to save Boom? Am I the only one who finds that crazy?
Not all the way through. It feels weak of unfurl to steer talk in that direction, but it's not crazy talk per se. I didn't catch any "what's the case on Boom? voting Golden instead" stances, so yeah, Golden took pretty direct hits overall. Nevertheless, Boom was still second wagon and we don't know his status. If he'll flip bad, save attempts can totally come back as a valid angle.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Synonym wrote:Okay, trying to keep up with this game on mobile is hard but I think I'm starting to get there.

I've spent a bit of time reading, not a complete thread read yet but I wanted to see where yesterday's lynch was forming from.

I have also had the majority of my mechanics questions answered by the GM's, however I might not be 100% across everything so apologies if I still get it wrong.

More general question, is it considered scummy/bad to post suspicions or courses of action during night phase here? The meta I'm used to it's frowned upon until the next phase as it can help guide mafia's actions.
Say what you want during the night, some people don't like to talk suspicion while the baddies are wondering who to kill bts but that's your call. We won't frown upon you here for it.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Synonym wrote:More general question, is it considered scummy/bad to post suspicions or courses of action during night phase here? The meta I'm used to it's frowned upon until the next phase as it can help guide mafia's actions.
Nah. Some people don't like to do it here, but it's more out of fear of getting nightkilled, not because it looks suspicious. But nights are often pretty active here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I think that summed it up. I assumed you had read it.
I had, I just didn't realize you were referencing that as "acting", sorry.

You do have the advantage of metagaming in your read of Sorsha; I do not. So I grant that I cannot really know whether her performance so far in this game is in line with what is typical of her as a civilian. When I assessed her purely at face value though I didn't struggle to find a neutral/civilian mindset in most of her content.
But thats the thing; it isn't meta for the most part. I think almost anyone would have been more direct. She is trying to lead people here without actually committing to it herself. The fact that I know here to be direct as a person makes it MORE suspect to me, but i would have felt the same had anyone made those posts.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm surprised Devin doesn't have more votes. Dude feels like bad news with his "placeholder" vote on himself followed by hopping on the bandwagon of the day. I think he's afraid of ruffling any feathers.

The fact that only one person (Llama) commented on my post re: BWT makes me think I was on the right track there.

I overlooked it. I'm not sure I follow; why should BWT omitting Azura's role in his comment imply he knew it was being used on someone not named MP? I am a little troubled by the highlighted bit though -- extreme vagueness.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:I don't see anything in the roles for this position about some kind of insanification, forced vote, or any type of posting-altering-related power. So not sure what is going on with MP. I'm starting to wonder if he's trying to prove a point about something.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Synonym wrote:Okay, trying to keep up with this game on mobile is hard but I think I'm starting to get there.

Night activity here is usually consistent and certainly not frowned upon. Just go with your tactic in what (or how much) to say during Nights.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sorsha wrote:SVS- if I suspected you I wouldn't dance around naming you. You used to be really good at reading me but your not here....
This post reads genuine to me. This may seem silly, but when I am civ and someone is going after me that should be able to read me well, up it makes me all kinds of nervous. This is the vibe I got from this post. Makes me think Sorsha might not be bad. I'm moving my vote off of her and onto DH. I didn't like the part you played in the golden saga, and I don't care for your thoroughly unhelpful play style. You have pretty much ignored me too, which hurts my feelings so there. :p (I'm kidding about the last part, but I am still voting for you for the other reasons listed.)

Registering a vote for DH

I am not feeling the bubbles lynch, she is usually a low posting player, I haven't played with her that much but I don't see the inconsistency that others are claiming. That's why I went with DH instead.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Synonym wrote:More general question, is it considered scummy/bad to post suspicions or courses of action during night phase here? The meta I'm used to it's frowned upon until the next phase as it can help guide mafia's actions.
Nah. Some people don't like to do it here, but it's more out of fear of getting nightkilled, not because it looks suspicious. But nights are often pretty active here.
Where I'm from, the best practice is to cram the night phase as full of baddie hunting as possible (when we're allowed to talk). But that's because our individual win condition is nearly never affected by dying. I certainly support you using that time to the fullest. :srsnod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Having re-read them both, I don't think either Sorsha or Bubbles are bad. I feel better about Sorsha than I do Bubbles but I won't be voting either today, for all the difference that'll make.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote:I am not feeling the bubbles lynch, she is usually a low posting player, I haven't played with her that much but I don't see the inconsistency that others are claiming. That's why I went with DH instead.
I'm not super comfortable lynching Bubbles either, but you don't think she was inconsistent in her dealings with Golden?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

All aboard the Boomslang train! :sparta:

*crickets*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:All aboard the Boomslang train! :sparta:

*crickets*
Sounds like fun.

Vote registered for Boomslang

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I am not feeling the bubbles lynch, she is usually a low posting player, I haven't played with her that much but I don't see the inconsistency that others are claiming. That's why I went with DH instead.
I'm not super comfortable lynching Bubbles either, but you don't think she was inconsistent in her dealings with Golden?
Yep, I can see how she went back and forth. However, it looks more to me like someone who felt indecisive about it, first one way then another. If she were bad she would do either one or the other I would ink. To me she reads like normal Bubbles, what little I know anyway. you looked at Sorsha's posts and said you didn't have trouble seeing a neutral/civ mind set in it, try looking at Bubbles with the same detachment and tell me if you don't find the same with her posts?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:All aboard the Boomslang train! :sparta:

*crickets*
Choo choo. Maybes. I've been really bad at time management in this game, still considering options. I'd kinda consider Aapje because his single-mindedness in going after low posters so far into the game feels very much like an easy way of not contributing to any other discussions.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Yep, I can see how she went back and forth. However, it looks more to me like someone who felt indecisive about it, first one way then another. If she were bad she would do either one or the other I would ink. To me she reads like normal Bubbles, what little I know anyway. you looked at Sorsha's posts and said you didn't have trouble seeing a neutral/civ mind set in it, try looking at Bubbles with the same detachment and tell me if you don't find the same with her posts?
Yeah it's not impossible. And the point you make that I highlighted might be quite valid. Bubbles is a difficult read because I think "normal Bubbles" is something that wouldn't be hard to do as "bad Bubbles". Her style is pretty malleable, and I don't want to give her a pass for suspicious content just because of who she is.

But I am not confident about her lynch. I've moved my vote to Boomslang. I'd probably move it back if necessary to prevent a Sorsha lynch, who I view as more genuine than Bubbles.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, I'm here. I have more to accomplish, but... I really want to be a part of this EoD.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Thats a good question Wilgy.. was it a frame or was it the result of a redirect (Ahriman), target switch (Master of Ancient Arts), switching three roles powers (Chaos Dancer) or a repel of kill to the Magnetarch?

Do you think Golden was framed Wigly? And why did you vote for me? Also, what are your thoughts on the day ending early and no night?
Also, good dance around my question here, I feel like you slipped though. If Epig's death was simply a frame, I think you would be pursuing those who were going after him. I also think you wouldn't have voted Tiny when the votes were so stacked on Golden. You rose the question of if it could be a redirect. The only peole that can answer that question are the people that cast the kill and the person who caused the redirect. Which one are you Sorsha?
This is the one. I found Sorsha's response to Wilgy's unquoted question very odd, and totally agree with his response to her.

Sorry for the lack of original thought here. I have somewhere to be very soon.
This will be the second time I will point put you are voting for other peoples reasons without adding a single original opinion.

Last time I said something it was totes ignored. This one will prob be too. :noble:
THANK YOU, Rox.

Let's lynch Devin please.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:snip I really want to be a part of this EoD.
Why?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Thats a good question Wilgy.. was it a frame or was it the result of a redirect (Ahriman), target switch (Master of Ancient Arts), switching three roles powers (Chaos Dancer) or a repel of kill to the Magnetarch?

Do you think Golden was framed Wigly? And why did you vote for me? Also, what are your thoughts on the day ending early and no night?
Also, good dance around my question here, I feel like you slipped though. If Epig's death was simply a frame, I think you would be pursuing those who were going after him. I also think you wouldn't have voted Tiny when the votes were so stacked on Golden. You rose the question of if it could be a redirect. The only peole that can answer that question are the people that cast the kill and the person who caused the redirect. Which one are you Sorsha?
This is the one. I found Sorsha's response to Wilgy's unquoted question very odd, and totally agree with his response to her.

Sorry for the lack of original thought here. I have somewhere to be very soon.
This will be the second time I will point put you are voting for other peoples reasons without adding a single original opinion.

Last time I said something it was totes ignored. This one will prob be too. :noble:
THANK YOU, Rox.

Let's lynch Devin please.
But if we lynch Devin because you say so we're doing what Roxy says makes him bad :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Why?
Because EoD's are fucking fun. :drums:

Hello, Mr. Marmot! What do you have to say?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote: But if we lynch Devin because you say so we're doing what Roxy says makes him bad :P
LOL, real funny. :P

But untrue, since I mentioned Devin's name before any of you suckers. :slick:

And now I've voted for him first. Vote registered for Devin
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Have a rainbow, at MP's request. Many of these reads are purely intuitive; I haven't had time to really assess everyone. Or even close to everyone.
Bullzeye
MovingPictures07
Ricochet
DharmaHelper

Canucklehead
DrWilgy
Spacedaisy
S~V~S
DharmaHelper

Scotty
Sorsha
bea
LoRab
nutella
Roxy
DharmaHelper

Synonym
DFaraday
DharmaHelper

Dom
reywaS
unfurl
Turnip Head
DharmaHelper

aapje
birdwithteeth11
thellama73
timmer
Devin the Omniscient
Metalmarsh89
DisgruntledPorcupine
DharmaHelper

Tranq
TinyBubbles
Boomslang
DharmaHelper
LOL, why is DH on every list? :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Caution to everyone who's posted a rainbow in this game: I wouldn't play them like a slow-moving fluid. Any purple/blue ought to be able to become a red at the snap of a finger. Recruitment, man.
While this is true, I want to note as well that the converse is also possible; someone with a neutral-heavy mindset may end up being a civilian.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Ricochet wrote:Time is growing important, since we are already within the interval in which the Judge can lockdown this place - he's been vigilent before, but so far he's not quick to draw the curtains; can this mean he's not content or approving with the main wagons and/or doesn't want to shortcircuit the EoD? Could be.
There's a huge difference, imho, between ending day early and locking down the thread. One ends discussion--the other does not. And ending night early is a mixed bag (and different entirely). Either of those actions could have either good or bad strategy behind them. Without saying so explicitly, you seem to imply that the prior lockdown was also connected to his role. Which makes me wonder.

Also noting that you earlier posted about the number of baddies and added an extra person to one of the baddie teams in your count. Which could increase paranoia and is a tactic oft used by the evil (make things seem worse than they are).

Starting to wonder if your posting is intentional and subtle misdirection.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm going to put my vote on Boom (at least for now) because I have felt that the case against him is fairly solid in comparison to the arguments which have lead to our current pair of bandwagons. If anything changes my mind in the next hour I may move it.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Why?
Because EoD's are fucking fun. :drums:

Hello, Mr. Marmot! What do you have to say?
I fell asleep before I could finish my beer last night. :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:DH being serious about doing ISOs would be the most surprising development of this game so far.
Oh. Is this how he normally plays?

And people just accept it?
This is actually far from how DH normally plays. DH is typically a top contributor; while he has posted a lot in this game, he's hardly forming any opinions, which is incredibly off-meta. His play is usually a mix of baddie hunting (which he can pull off ridiculously well as a baddie) and jokey/snark/one-liners. His play in this game, instead of being a 50/50 mix, has clearly been only the latter.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:DH being serious about doing ISOs would be the most surprising development of this game so far.
Oh. Is this how he normally plays?

And people just accept it?
This is actually far from how DH normally plays. DH is typically a top contributor; while he has posted a lot in this game, he's hardly forming any opinions, which is incredibly off-meta. His play is usually a mix of baddie hunting (which he can pull off ridiculously well as a baddie) and jokey/snark/one-liners. His play in this game, instead of being a 50/50 mix, has clearly been only the latter.
For this reason, I will not vote for DharmaHelper.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And in Watchmen, DH actually ISO'd most of the players in one 24-hour period. His baddie hunting is sometimes the best I've ever seen, and is typically aggressive. He does change up his game, but it's almost always marked by some level of original contribution, typically more than most everyone else.

Consequently, I've had a hard time making heads or tails of DH this game.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I might be a fool for it, but I don't struggle at all to see DH's play through a neutral perspective.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: But if we lynch Devin because you say so we're doing what Roxy says makes him bad :P

Could you reference the best anti-Devin material you've got to offer so I can :ponder: it a bit?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Roxy wrote:Thats partially true I guess but mostly I really feel like you are a recruiter or have been recruited
Stating how you "feel" doesn't give me any avenue to defend myself.
Sorry but that's how I kind of play. Nose twitches, tone reads and vibes. :shrug:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Roxy wrote:And again you are pushing crap into posts that is not there. Where did I say EVERYONE who has been most active are bad? Oh that's right I didn't. I only have this suspicion of YOU.
I also have not exonerated EVERYONE bc they haven't seemed to be around as often. Just Boomslang and Bass but Bass id dead now. I do not think that 2 players equate to EVERYONE.
You exonerated those two players for reasons that could apply to a large number of other players just as easily. You've stated suspicion of me for reasons that could apply to a large number of other players just as easily.
They could but they may not as well I have not put a label to everyone playing I have just been focusing on what I do and do not find suspicious. So again stop assuming what I am thinking. Or insinuating you know how I feel "about a large number of players".
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Roxy wrote:What? Why do you have to discuss a defense first with the hosts? This reads as extremely shady.
The rules here are absolutely nothing like the rules I've known for 97% of my Mafia life. I literally don't know for sure what I'm even allowed to say around here yet. I have only played the equivalent of about two games on The Syndicate after all.

I did ask them though. I've only applied for one recruitment slot (civilian) and I was not selected. Believe me or don't believe me, there's not much I can say to influence you. You've given me ZERO space for that.
So are you also in the Camp Of All High Posters are are Neutral"?
You do not think you would be an attractive recruit on a wish list of 3? I do. Many people here followed the Game of Champions so we know what a brilliant player you are.
But tbh I think you are bad. Whether recruited bad or the recruiter idk.
I gave you plenty of space to respond you just choose not to. :stare:
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I might be a fool for it, but I don't struggle at all to see DH's play through a neutral perspective.
I don't either, which is why he's right in the middle of my Rainbow List, the "yellow" section.

If DH was civilian or mafia, I believe that he'd either be baddie hunting or trying to seem as though he's baddie hunting.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Could you reference the best anti-Devin material you've got to offer so I can :ponder: it a bit?
Sure thing!

I actually am voting for him because he's been consistently bandwagoning and I really want to start discussion on him (I tried to earlier).

I'll go look at his posts and make an ISO even; I'll do that right after I finish catching up (shouldn't take much longer).
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

LoRab wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Time is growing important, since we are already within the interval in which the Judge can lockdown this place - he's been vigilent before, but so far he's not quick to draw the curtains; can this mean he's not content or approving with the main wagons and/or doesn't want to shortcircuit the EoD? Could be.
There's a huge difference, imho, between ending day early and locking down the thread. One ends discussion--the other does not. And ending night early is a mixed bag (and different entirely). Either of those actions could have either good or bad strategy behind them. Without saying so explicitly, you seem to imply that the prior lockdown was also connected to his role. Which makes me wonder.

Also noting that you earlier posted about the number of baddies and added an extra person to one of the baddie teams in your count. Which could increase paranoia and is a tactic oft used by the evil (make things seem worse than they are).

Starting to wonder if your posting is intentional and subtle misdirection.
What am I misdirecting towards? How or where did I imply that "the prior lockdown was also connected to his [err The Judge?] role"? The prior lockdown was Ubzargan's. What I implied is that, compared to Ubzargan who most likely reveled in locking the thread at a point of a two-way tie, Judge seems much more cautious. I also implied by his vigilence that he's clearly been active and responsive with his past actions, so I do not doubt he'd be ready to lockdown this Day, if he sees fit, but the fact that he hasn't yet is further implication of his cautious view on the current development.

Also, yeah, I can't count properly. Oooo, evil.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Bullzeye, I feel like you're the only person that understands the case I was trying to make against Boomslang. I just wanna say thanks bro and raise the brofist. Whether you meet it with a brofist of your own is up to you, but know that I am pouring emotion into this fist right now.
I don't understand the case against Boomslang either. :blush:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm surprised Devin doesn't have more votes. Dude feels like bad news with his "placeholder" vote on himself followed by hopping on the bandwagon of the day. I think he's afraid of ruffling any feathers.

I think that might indicate Devin is keeping his options open, tbh-- for recruitment.

Anyways, I don't like Sorsha's moves against SVS. I also think if she really thought Golden was being framed, she could have saved him-- but chose not to because that was a way to make her look civvie.

Vote Registered for Sorsha
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Principal Skinner »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Master of Shadows wrote:who should I vote for?
Tell me what you look for in a candidate and I'll give you some ideas about which platform suits you best.
someone with alliterative usernames.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Roxy wrote:1.)No. Bc his posts have a tone that does not feel civvie. He has pushed his Boomslang case (I am not the only one who does not see it yet he keeps pushing and pushing) not even trying to look for other suspicions. Though I admit I am not fully caught up. His responses did not help him any bc he keeps trying to insinuate crap into my posts that is not there. Why keep trying to say I am calling everyone who is a high poster bad when I clearly am only calling *him* bad?
Are. You. Serious?
I was at that point in my catch up. I see you have made posts about others yet you still hunker down with your vote on Boomslang and call for his lynch. I agree your posts are nit picky. I think he has responded very well to your suspicions but you continue to pick apart his posts and see them only through your own rose colored glasses.
;)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Roxy wrote:So are you also in the Camp Of All High Posters are are Neutral"?
Certainly not. My rainbow suggests otherwise.
Roxy wrote:You do not think you would be an attractive recruit on a wish list of 3? I do. Many people here followed the Game of Champions so we know what a brilliant player you are.
But tbh I think you are bad. Whether recruited bad or the recruiter idk.
I gave you plenty of space to respond you just choose not to. :stare:
I appreciate the kind words. I dunno whether I was included on any lists of 3. I genuinely wouldn't expect it unless it came from the small crop of people who've played with me enough to kind know me as a person more than just as a player, but I could be wrong. I wasn't selected in any event.

The reason I feel I have little space to defend myself is that there isn't much that can be said to an accusation that I seem like a good recruitment prospect. I can try, but it's all WIFOM by default.

Accusations that I was unfair with Bass or things like that can be addressed (I did), so it's not everything you've said I grant.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Sorsha wrote:SVS- if I suspected you I wouldn't dance around naming you. You used to be really good at reading me but your not here....
This post reads genuine to me. This may seem silly, but when I am civ and someone is going after me that should be able to read me well, up it makes me all kinds of nervous. This is the vibe I got from this post. Makes me think Sorsha might not be bad. I'm moving my vote off of her and onto DH. I didn't like the part you played in the golden saga, and I don't care for your thoroughly unhelpful play style. You have pretty much ignored me too, which hurts my feelings so there. :p (I'm kidding about the last part, but I am still voting for you for the other reasons listed.)

Registering a vote for DH

I am not feeling the bubbles lynch, she is usually a low posting player, I haven't played with her that much but I don't see the inconsistency that others are claiming. That's why I went with DH instead.
:disappoint:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Rox, why are you fixating on high posters? Can't you make the same mirrored argument about low posters?

When I was saying earlier that we should consider everyone as recruited/recruitee, I was including high and low posters. I'm all for discussing them with you, but I personally do not have any strong reason to believe any of the top 5 or so high posters are recruited at this time. You seem to think that Jay is. Do you think any of the others are?

It's entirely possible that no "high" posters are recruited at this time. It's also possible that one is, whether mafia or civilian. Anything is possible. At this time, Metalmarsh89 seems most likely to me as a mafia recruit, as evidenced by my list.
Why? And what the fuck does your list even say about this?
:huh:

Overreaction?

I don't have any reason to suspect you heavily at this time; you are in the light orange section of my rainbow list, but you're the lowest of the top 5 posters. Rox asked me about high posters so that's what I told her. I can't make heads or tails of your gameplay, but I do think you're more apt to be recruited/recruiter at this time than me (duh), Jay, Rico, and DH. I don't have a strong assertion of suspicion of you by which to back that up; in fact, it's the weakest possible, but I was asked, so. :shrug:

Do you have any suspicions?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MovingPictures07 wrote: I'm not sure I understand your points here, Rox.

1) Jay has unarguably posted more cases and baddie hunted more than practically anyone else in this game. Wouldn't you agree?

2) I think this perspective is very dangerous. We should consider literally every player as a possible recruiter or recruitee.
1.) earlier during my catch up no. Later yes he posted about others all the while nit picking Boomslang and calling for his lynch.

2.) Yes we should hence my question about your rainbow list thing. You have every high poster as a poss Neutral None even close to being considered bad. I think that is a very narrow view to take in a game like this.
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey Boomslang, you've started throwing around some more thoughts today in comparison to your previous posts (where you mostly fixated on Golden).

What would a list of your current top suspects look like?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: I'm not sure I understand your points here, Rox.

1) Jay has unarguably posted more cases and baddie hunted more than practically anyone else in this game. Wouldn't you agree?

2) I think this perspective is very dangerous. We should consider literally every player as a possible recruiter or recruitee.
1.) earlier during my catch up no. Later yes he posted about others all the while nit picking Boomslang and calling for his lynch.

2.) Yes we should hence my question about your rainbow list thing. You have every high poster as a poss Neutral None even close to being considered bad. I think that is a very narrow view to take in a game like this.
Noted.

I understand your perspective, and it's why I want to discuss with you. I have reywaS pretty low on my list and he's #6; once you keep catching up, you'll see I asked you about him. :)

Return to “Previous Jobs”