7%

Total votes: 15
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 1 - And Into the Fire

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

You probably marked down the tournament game as a Syndicate game in your head.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 0 - Out of the Frying Pan

Silver Lantern wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Quin wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Hi everyone. Apologies for dumb questions ahead of time, I will be asking them all game and for games to come too.

DO NOT GIVE ME THE MAP, I REPEAT, DO NOT GIVE ME THE MAP.

Alright, now that I got the reverse psychology argument out of the way, should we try to coordinate the poll votes, or would that be against the spirit of the game? And would there be a benefit in doing so? I am guessing not much aside from pissing off the mod.

You guys call the mod the host here from what I gather, right?

What is BTSC?

What is Civ or Civilian? Is that like a regular townie?
I asked all the dumb questions too, not to worry.

But I did get a ping from this. Most of this was already discussed, and what isn't just doesn't feel particularly helpful.
If you're gonna toss around accusations at least have the common courtesy to quote where this was "already discussed" so that I can see what you're referring to and shoot down your fake arguments accordingly...
A rather strong reaction to what was a rather tame observation. Wants evidence supporting the accusation but is already dismissing it as a fake argument, therefore backhandedly saying that Quin is scum.

[VOTE: ] aubergine[VOTE:

Don't understand how Quin is reading into Sorsha's posts so strongly. Her responses to JJJ pretty plainly state that she would like for her vote to have given the map to a civ and that she doesn't have reason to suspect at the moment that the other girls are mafia.]
aubergine
[VOTE:

I'm a highly defensive player at times. I would say more often than not. I assure you it has zero to do with my alignment. I'm sure those who have played with me can vouche for that, fwiw. I also don't let people get away with BS accusations on me. I would call anyone out who has the audacity to make such a patently fictitious claim about me.]
aubergine
[VOTE:
I'd back you here but the last time you played the "townies have no fear" card, it came back to bite me.

Instead, I'm backing you ~80%.

Sonjei looks bad from the above exchange but I've only seen scum Sonjei, who leaned a bit on aggressive, principled townie behavior. So this looks like his scum behavior a bit. If that makes sense. Rephasing.

So like he's acting scummy but I expect that's similar to his real town behavior but I've only seen him faking that so I don't have a good idea of how close real town Sonjei looks to fake town Sonjei.

Putting him as a slight scum read.]
aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I appear to have overlooked Soneji in my own suspect pool. I have no reason to town read him right now.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sorry, JJJ, I did miss that post.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:I do, however, think the possible Dyslexicon-slip to be much more juicy. The INH vote is just a pressure-vote... if Slex can't explain this 5-knowledge, then the vote cast would be quite a bit more serious.
My eyeball is tweaking at this post. That highlighted bit looks inauthentic to me, in that Long Con is sort of sacrificing the proposed value of his vote (the pressure is inherently decreased when the vote is declared to be about pressure) just so he can heap on with the Dyslexicon slip. Whether Dizzy is scum or not, Long Con's support with this language he employed looks like a player who feels the need to step in rather than a player who has a personal investment in developing his understanding.
I'm not sure what you mean by "step in", italicized.

I think the pressure is still there, in the form of my last post to him. There was a lot of talk about how this game is like games from that other site, so I was trying something new - I just looked back at a game on Jesus Toast Mafia that I played (with sig... comparing past games) and players in that game were casting votes on each other from the get-go. Like votes were candy and it was Hallowe'en. That's the only other game I've played that is structured like this, so I went with it. I don't really think the vote is necessary to drive home the suspicion, I just thought it was the thing to do. Not my usual, there's a bit of me just having fun with the loose voting system compared to most games I've played on the Syndicate.

So, as for the proposed value of the vote... I really put a lot more stock in the thread than the poll this early, and the vote never really felt that necessary to me. More like a "when in Rome" kind of thing.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

insertnamehere wrote:
Golden wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:MM, Golden, and 3J all want us to go to a different destination.

Only one of them will benefit the civilians (assuming whoever has the map is a civilian).

That's a problem.
I don't see any reason to presume that particular options will benefit a particular faction at this stage.
I don't see any reason to presume that the direction poll is completely irrelevant and cannot benefit either the civilians or the baddies.
Of course not. But you don't have a map so what do you know?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Dyslexicon »

Strawhenge wrote:Again, Dyslexicon, I'd love a reason why you responded, 'No.' to some of my posts.
No.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

:coffee:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm okay with that response, LC. I don't think you're a Day 1 lynch type guy anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, I'm not a dumb player. I don't obv-slip like that if scum. It would be me pretending to be town that fake slipped to emulate my town game.

Would expect more from Golden. "A great catch", really? Glaringly ovbious and classic I'd say. :p

Anyways, people are biting. Rawr.

When does day end?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 0 - Out of the Frying Pan

Post by Marmot »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:I'm a highly defensive player at times. I would say more often than not. I assure you it has zero to do with my alignment. I'm sure those who have played with me can vouche for that, fwiw. I also don't let people get away with BS accusations on me. I would call anyone out who has the audacity to make such a patently fictitious claim about me.
My sources tell me you're a fiery HIVE and have teamed up with Strawhenge to take us all down.

What do you have to say to that?
Alright now I'm just being baited... :flamed:
I want to see that delicious defense I heard all about. :grin:
Golden wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:I'm not calling it a slip-up, but it is as Golden said, a series of unfortunate events. I'm just open to the possibility of it being a fictional one.
I think you have a tendency to suspect me, but here is a golden rule you can trust me to live by.

Even when bad, I lie very very rarely. I don't create fictional stories. I heavily discourage teammates from doing it as well. Why? Because all it can do is lead to you getting caught in the lie. It's just a really poor strategy. There's a reason my baddie game is relatively successful, and it's because I leave as few threads to tug on as I possibly can.

Lies are reserved for things that can create a significant game advantage (and even then, you need to feel like its a safe lie), or for fake reads.

Having said that, I do see the advantage in lying to protect others from nks, as a civilian.
Are you bad?
insertnamehere wrote:MM, Golden, and 3J all want us to go to a different destination.

Only one of them will benefit the civilians (assuming whoever has the map is a civilian).

That's a problem.
Trust me, I'm also torn where to go. I don't know if I should follow my map, or pretend I don't have it and follow someone else.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I've never fooled anyone. I've never been bad.
Yes, yes I know.
Quin wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:We have five scum to catch, and I only have three scum reads so far. Who hasn't posted yet? Let's kill them first. \o/
:suspish: I don't read this anywhere.

Vote Dyslexicon
Quin is dynamite.

Unvote

Vote Dyslexicon

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote::coffee:
This is relevant to my life.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote:Also, I'm not a dumb player. I don't obv-slip like that if scum. It would be me pretending to be town that fake slipped to emulate my town game.

Would expect more from Golden. "A great catch", really? Glaringly ovbious and classic I'd say. :p

When does day end?
Day ends on the evening (eastern US time) of the 14th.

Under the circumstances it'd be ideal if you'd explain "five scum" and also name the three scum reads you referred to before.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Strawhenge wrote:I don't know if Syndicate indicates people as 'online' for a while after they log off, like on RYM, but Dyslexicon was 'browsing this forum' through to the start of pg.7, plus some minutes. FWIW.
Nah. It must show as browsing if you just leave the page open like at my home page. I'm here now, but not for long.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Strawhenge wrote:
Quin wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:We have five scum to catch, and I only have three scum reads so far. Who hasn't posted yet? Let's kill them first. \o/
:suspish: I don't read this anywhere.

Vote Dyslexicon
Where the hell is the sirengif button. Someone add a sirengif button.
Done.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Alright, I'll hold off for now while I catch up.

Unvote

Vote Strawhenge

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Also, I'm not a dumb player. I don't obv-slip like that if scum. It would be me pretending to be town that fake slipped to emulate my town game.

When does day end?
Day ends on the evening (eastern US time) of the 14th.

Under the circumstances it'd be ideal if you'd explain "five scum" and also name the three scum reads you referred to before.
Five scum lolslip. I see people are really jumping on it, "great catch" :p. I'm surprised so many seems to take it seriously, but then I'm used to players being used to play with me. Hopefully some reactions stands out. I'm not dumb enough to slip for real in that way. It's a rather classic way of fake slipping. Did the same thing in one of my recent town games on my home site, same number even (HOW CONVENIENT).

I didn't have three scum reads. I have none. Hopefully this changes with me reading the game. \o/
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Silver Lantern wrote:Is Dfaraday usually a low poster?
Yes.

Why do you ask?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Alright, I'll hold off for now while I catch up.

Unvote

Vote Strawhenge
You're funny.^^

Are you also easily convinced of things? :p
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

there's another one
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I would prefer not to disclose all of the details of the map, because the mafia team might be able to find ways to turn it to their advantage. I will say though that Golden's guesses are at least reasonably close all things considered. Once I have had a few opportunities to utilize it myself and get acquainted with the effects it creates, I might be more inclined to talk about it. We'll see.
JJJ faking having the map is a decent towntell for me on top of fairly good engagement/content so far.
There are two other players who claimed having the map. Why do you think Jay is faking?

Linki: Yes. But also, the hammer voting style has never been done on the Syndicate (by my recollection). I forgot that that's a thing.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Guys I think I'm feeling severe burnout. The act of compiling posts and dividing quotes and answering questions is feeling like a chore. I might need the occasional pick-me up motivation. Keep me engaged, I'm fading fast!
Let's see some of that beautiful content I know you're packing. :nicenod:

Let it rain! Let it ooze from your pores! Let it smother the unfortunate souls of countless players who signed up for this simple game of mafia!

Also, are you a member of the mafia HIVE?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote:Five scum lolslip. I see people are really jumping on it, "great catch" :p. I'm surprised so many seems to take it seriously, but then I'm used to players being used to play with me. Hopefully some reactions stands out. I'm not dumb enough to slip for real in that way. It's a rather classic way of fake slipping. Did the same thing in one of my recent town games on my home site, same number even (HOW CONVENIENT).
I would absolutely love to see a link to this recent town game, ideally the same post. Please, please, please give me that before you depart for the night.
Dyslexicon wrote:I didn't have three scum reads. I have none. Hopefully this changes with me reading the game. \o/
Golden isn't a scum read?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Post by Golden »

I've never come across an intentional fake slip before.

What did you hope to achieve with it?

I'm not really that bothered about your expectations of me. I haven't played very many closed role madness games and they still have plenty of surprises for me. I might be innovative but that doesn't mean I imagine everything that others think of. When quin posted about a slip it felt like an epiphany.

Others more familiar - is dizzy correct when he says 'fake slips' such as this are common?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Let's see some of that beautiful content I know you're packing. :nicenod:

Let it rain! Let it ooze from your pores! Let it smother the unfortunate souls of countless players who signed up for this simple game of mafia!
I think I can find it within myself to be the man I want to be. *puffs chest, squares shoulders, goes into town smirking*
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Also, are you a member of the mafia HIVE?
No. Still never been bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Five scum lolslip. I see people are really jumping on it, "great catch" :p. I'm surprised so many seems to take it seriously, but then I'm used to players being used to play with me. Hopefully some reactions stands out. I'm not dumb enough to slip for real in that way. It's a rather classic way of fake slipping. Did the same thing in one of my recent town games on my home site, same number even (HOW CONVENIENT).
I would absolutely love to see a link to this recent town game, ideally the same post. Please, please, please give me that before you depart for the night.
Dyslexicon wrote:I didn't have three scum reads. I have none. Hopefully this changes with me reading the game. \o/
Bah. Let me get my computer then. Y ppl be so serious :omg:

But since it's you <3

No, haven't really formed reads yet. Dunno. No more hard questions plz. o.o
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:Others more familiar - is dizzy correct when he says 'fake slips' such as this are common?
I've seen them before. I believe MacDougall had some history with that kind of thing in the eras of RYM closed setup mania.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

My goal for today is to find an excuse to turn that entire post of Dyslexicon's aqua.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

There's more I want to say about the "slip", but I'll wait for that link first. I think it will be revealing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I've got some stuff to say too, if you'd be so kind as to answer to the contradiction I pointed out in your posts, Dys.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Silver Lantern wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Remove me and speedchuck and maaaaaybe Quin and you're three steps closer to solving the game!
I could consider all of the above.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Why is Marmot a townread?
Because he pretended to have the map before anyone else did. I appreciate the cover.

This is to say that it is possible, under certain conditions, for me to not have a town read on Marmot. :dark:
It is possible that he did it in the hopes that a noob with the map would have disputed his claim and painted a target on their back. Probably way too obvious a play though.

Plus what are the chances a noob would have gotten the map? Still a scum Marmot could have anticipated that sort of bolstering response from a veteran such as yourself to help him appear as town. I like that theory more.
What makes you think I don't have the map? And do you have a preconception of my playstyle?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:I've never come across an intentional fake slip before.

I'm not really that bothered about your expectations of me. I haven't played very many closed role madness games and they still have plenty of surprises for me. I might be innovative but that doesn't mean I imagine everything that others think of. When quin posted about a slip it felt like an epiphany.

Others more familiar - is dizzy correct when he says 'fake slips' such as this are common?
I have done an intentional fake slip before.

But my goal was to get lynched. I can't say the same for Dizzy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Fredwood wrote:Seems like an odd thing to slip up on. I can't really be sure because I don't have an expanded Dossier on anyone particularly Dyslexicon. Seems odd that literally nothing else they posted took anything seriously then all of the sudden they post game relevant information that would get them lynched. It just appears counter intuitive to the representation of their character.

Again, the lack of experience forces me to defer on this argument. I probably shouldn't apply logic based on personal experience to people I've never met.

As to Sorsha, the comment barely registered at the time as anything signifigant, but since it gives us something else to talk about, I guess it serves a purpose, still think it was a joke. As someone who posts a lot of jokes that people don't register I am sympathetic and perhaps too lenient in my view of failed attempts at humor.
I don't share the town-read people seem to be giving Fred. He gives a soft defence of Dyslexicon here which he's already providing a defence for in the same post in the scenario that Dyslexicon ever flips civ.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hell, I made a fakeslip in this game while I was drunk that nobody paid attention to.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Marmot, while you're sloshed, why don't you tell us a little bit about your mafia team?
They're a wonderful group of peop le .

I'm more scred of the otherm afia team though. :scared:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:I've never come across an intentional fake slip before.

I have done an intentional fake slip before.

But my goal was to get lynched. I can't say the same for Dizzy.
That's likely not the case, given the host guarantees (General Rule #11). It sounds like it would include bastard roles like that.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hell, I made a fakeslip in this game while I was drunk that nobody paid attention to.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Marmot, while you're sloshed, why don't you tell us a little bit about your mafia team?
They're a wonderful group of peop le .

I'm more scred of the otherm afia team though. :scared:
I guess sprityo made it clear there is a HIVE, so it was a pretty obvious lie.

Never mind...

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I would like for you guys (Marmot and Quin) to tell me the civilian motive for a fake slip that isn't trying deliberately to get lynched.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon is taking his time creating about 20 fake accounts, posting 1,000 times in a fake Mafia game thread of his own creation, alternating each fake account so it looks real, and strategically placing the appropriate fake slip with his true account. He's modifying dates and time stamps with his moderator powers to keep it authentic. Counterfeit Mafia.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I would like for you guys (Marmot and Quin) to tell me the civilian motive for a fake slip that isn't trying deliberately to get lynched.
Hang on. I'd rather hear dizzys explanation of his motive first.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Is it bad that I have no idea what the theme of this game is, and that I just signed up because I wanted to play mafia?

linki: To get us talking? I'd already rule it out because he/she (please clarify) hasn't really done anything with our reactions. A NAI motivation would just be to screw around. That's already more likely in my eyes.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I would like for you guys (Marmot and Quin) to tell me the civilian motive for a fake slip that isn't trying deliberately to get lynched.
Hang on. I'd rather hear dizzys explanation of his motive first.
oops
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Is it bad that I have no idea what the theme of this game is, and that I just signed up because I wanted to play mafia?
You should read that flavor stuff, it's neato. I've also been playing a lot of the old Fallout computer RPGs lately and the post-apocalyptic thang is working for me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I can't think of one. I play the WIFOM game all the time, but this is different. WIFOM is intended to be ambiguous. A slip is evidence of knowledge. Fake or not, she's fighting an uphill battle.

(Dizzy's a she right?)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Silver Lantern »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Remove me and speedchuck and maaaaaybe Quin and you're three steps closer to solving the game!
Because he pretended to have the map before anyone else did. I appreciate the cover.

This is to say that it is possible, under certain conditions, for me to not have a town read on Marmot. :dark:
It is possible that he did it in the hopes that a noob with the map would have disputed his claim and painted a target on their back. Probably way too obvious a play though.

Plus what are the chances a noob would have gotten the map? Still a scum Marmot could have anticipated that sort of bolstering response from a veteran such as yourself to help him appear as town. I like that theory more.
What makes you think I don't have the map? And do you have a preconception of my playstyle?
Because I don't think it makes sense for the map holder to be the first to claim to have the map. Kinda bad play IMO. And No to the latter.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

oops

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Because I don't think it makes sense for the map holder to be the first to claim to have the map. Kinda bad play IMO. And No to the latter.
I strive to not make too much sense. It keeps things interesting.

Clearly I'm not the only one. I was entrusted with enough votes to receive a map.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Dyslexicon wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bah. Let me get my computer then. Y ppl be so serious :omg:

But since it's you <3

No, haven't really formed reads yet. Dunno. No more hard questions plz. o.o
Terrible response. Lynch worthy IMO for lack of effort as a stypcial busted scum tell.

But hey at least he/she is not that dumb so we can all sleep soundly tonight. :p
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DFaraday »

Sorry, I just realized this game had started. I'm here and voted North without reading any posts yet. I guess I'll start on that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I strive to not make too much sense. It keeps things interesting.

Clearly I'm not the only one. I was entrusted with enough votes to receive a map.
All I can say is I didn't vote for you, so I have no evidence you got the map. Of course it's possible that in the case of a 3 way tie all 3 got the map and you're all telling the truth.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Can't access pc at work. Will be back in 4-5 hours. Town motive for fakeslip is scum knows I'm not scum, so the reactions can be read into. Alternate motive: lol. Plus, lol nobody is that stupid, not even me. Laterz. Sorry if I've majorly derailed, thought it wouldn't be as conrtovertial. XD
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I don't think I fit in here. </3

Return to “Previous Jobs”