moth
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
19%
nutella
No votes
cayvie
No votes
Underking Ores (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 16
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 314
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Pyre Mafia [Day 0]

Post by tedxtr »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:37 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:10 am that was a lame catch up

see you d3 folks
Looking forward to it
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

moth wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:55 pm this question is for the scumteam. have I been too weird and derpy? Am I your preferred mis elimination?
If I were mafia I'd make sure to discredit you at some point and then not care at all. I reckon that's what wolves would actually do fwiw, any active poster is a nuisance to deal with.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:12 pm Role claiming and info-dumping are permitted, although this may not be in your best interest.
Remember this ^
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Just Wilgy hasn't shown up yet?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

all people have shown up and I have nothing but a weak scum lean
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

actually maybe two, I lied
ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 612

Post by bronana »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:18 pm all people have shown up and I have nothing but a weak scum lean
huh? you just implied moth was a villager two posts ago
tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:07 pm
moth wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:55 pm this question is for the scumteam. have I been too weird and derpy? Am I your preferred mis elimination?
If I were mafia I'd make sure to discredit you at some point and then not care at all. I reckon that's what wolves would actually do fwiw, any active poster is a nuisance to deal with.
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

No, I was not implying anything. It was a hypothetical scenario where I was assessing what scum would do if moth were a villager.

This is your second predatory angle.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

So, w/r/t voting in polls, if I vote with 2 people and one of them gets cuddled tomorrow, do I lose stats?

Because my vote choice is exactly within the flash wagons that are bound to happen at EoD and I don't wanna get debuffed or something.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 676

Post by Sloonei »

Tony could be mafia.
nutella could be mafia.
outed wolf could be mafia.
tutuu could be mafia.
ted could be mafia.
Someone who has left no impression on me could be mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu
Posts in topic: 114

Post by tutuu »

moth wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:50 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:31 am i have 0 reads (im also town)
why are you also town?
it was tongue in cheek

like u know. "i havent done my job, and yet i am still an employee"
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:27 pm ted could be mafia.
cute
ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:24 pm No, I was not implying anything. It was a hypothetical scenario where I was assessing what scum would do if moth were a villager.

tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:26 pm So, w/r/t voting in polls, if I vote with 2 people and one of them gets cuddled tomorrow, do I lose stats?

Because my vote choice is exactly within the flash wagons that are bound to happen at EoD and I don't wanna get debuffed or something.
Is this the part where you discredit bronana and then not care at all?

:llama:
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I conflated bronana and outed wolf in my head yesterday. Upon review I realized that I was holding bronana responsible for the crimes of outed wolf.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

This is the part where I declare that one of the weak wolf leans was actually you, and given that you happen to immediately point out a "gotcha.gif" that was clearly nothing scummy, you're not arguing in good faith and I have no interest in talking to a wolf read of mine.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

outed wolf wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:40 pm upon isoing him. idk how sloonei plays but uh. i suppose there is not much of anything there. could just be playstyle for now i guess.

not that im expecting much at all, but its just 5 word questions.

maybe you're right nutella!
I did not like this post. Outed Wolf takes a stab at trying to read me in the super-early stages of the game and tries to do something vaguely negative with it, but doesn't really have the ammunition or the footing to push it that way.
And then bronana started prodding me, so my brain attributed this post to him. But the main point here is: this post from OW is not my favorite.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:31 pm This is the part where I declare that one of the weak wolf leans was actually you, and given that you happen to immediately point out a "gotcha.gif" that was clearly nothing scummy, you're not arguing in good faith and I have no interest in talking to a wolf read of mine.
this is a pretty disproportionate response to some very mild prodding lol
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

bronana wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:33 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:31 pm This is the part where I declare that one of the weak wolf leans was actually you, and given that you happen to immediately point out a "gotcha.gif" that was clearly nothing scummy, you're not arguing in good faith and I have no interest in talking to a wolf read of mine.
ok? what does that say about my alignment.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

if you're gonna twist words, not sure what kind of reaction you'd really expect.

I actually doubt it was prodding. Your post had a direction already. You keep on following it.

First you twist my words and now you are looking for a push, all under the pretext that you were "prodding" my thoughts.
ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:33 pm
bronana wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:33 pm
ok? what does that say about my alignment.
shrug.jpg
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:37 pm if you're gonna twist words, not sure what kind of reaction you'd really expect.

I actually doubt it was prodding. Your post had a direction already. You keep on following it.

First you twist my words and now you are looking for a push, all under the pretext that you were "prodding" my thoughts.
i'm not really sure what you're talking about tbh

but it's day zero and i'm just poking at whatever catches my attention :shrug:
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

bronana wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:29 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:24 pm No, I was not implying anything. It was a hypothetical scenario where I was assessing what scum would do if moth were a villager.

tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:26 pm So, w/r/t voting in polls, if I vote with 2 people and one of them gets cuddled tomorrow, do I lose stats?

Like I doubt you'd actually already reach a level of "yeah this guy's outed" and make a genuine tunnel here and this post, by extension.

Your pretext for acting this way is that I implied a read, and when I explained the situation, you keep pushing while not pondering on it. I don't buy you actually thinking you caught a wolf here, and I don't buy your mindset / direction as a town here.

The second scum lean was Carotte. Her opening was pretty yikes.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

bronana wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:40 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:37 pm if you're gonna twist words, not sure what kind of reaction you'd really expect.

"oops I fucked up"

~~~~~~~

you're Zack, you don't make pushes like these ones. If you do, the way you go about it is actually villagery, whereas here it just reeks.

see you later though, if you're town, i'll find ya
ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:40 pm
bronana wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:29 pm

Like I doubt you'd actually already reach a level of "yeah this guy's outed" and make a genuine tunnel here and this post, by extension.

Your pretext for acting this way is that I implied a read, and when I explained the situation, you keep pushing while not pondering on it. I don't buy you actually thinking you caught a wolf here, and I don't buy your mindset / direction as a town here.

The second scum lean was Carotte. Her opening was pretty yikes.
i mean it was pretty clearly a joke post, i was just copy-pasting what you said about moth. I was maybe 10% serious

you interpreting that as me considering you "outed" and tunneling is absurd, even if you took it 100% seriously.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella's concerns about me felt inauthentic:
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:30 pm Oh and sloonei is already there. Hell yeah.

But why, sloonei did you state your vote/anything really so far? Why should I wanna be on your triumvirate?
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:33 pm
bronana wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:32 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:30 pm Oh and sloonei is already there. Hell yeah.

But why, sloonei did you state your vote/anything really so far? Why should I wanna be on your triumvirate?
wolfy post

boom roasted.
why

Sloonei has made a couple posts and isn't projecting town yet and if he doesn't start doing so soon I will be very concerned
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:34 pm and my concerns are partly in that he voted for a team without saying why so like what if he has some kind of insider info yknow
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:37 pm
outed wolf wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:35 pm

wolfy post

boom roasted.
why

Sloonei has made a couple posts and isn't projecting town yet and if he doesn't start doing so soon I will be very concerned
i assume this is sarcasm/joke of some kind?

also nice, thx jjj
no, why would you assume that

it's completely serious, sloonei is usually good at projecting town early and his first couple posts did zero for me in that regard so when I saw he had voted where I did without explanation I wanted...explanation or something towny from him because I don't want to be voting with a wolf
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:38 pm

Because it’s essential.
:|
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:38 pm I have some reads so far.
aight this better be good
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:27 pm
moth wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:25 pm argument for me being scum is that im frantic, ultra aggressive, abnormally desperate to prove myself, less funny than usual, and paranoid
Why does this post exist?
this is the only post so far that sounds like typical sloonei, and even in that regard it's NAI
It stems from me casting a silent vote in the poll (I didn't give it much thought or realize at the time that people were calling their votes. I just plopped a vote down on an empty option with a fun name), and then becomes an observation that I'm not "projecting town", which is a thing that I'm allegedly good at. Theoretically, then, I'm good at faking a town projection as well, so if I'm failing to do that here then it doesn't really need to be a concern. At this point I decided to lean into the perception that I wasn't projecting town to see what kind of response I'd get. Nutella responded with trepidation and confusion ("I really don't know what to make of this behavior from Sloonei"). The connoisseur of spice should be doing more to apply direct pressure if she has concerns. This looks like she's trying to challenge me for thread credit, but is at the same time worried about the potential backlash.

and that's why I was being deliberately combative.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:42 pm
bronana wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:40 pm

"oops I fucked up"

~~~~~~~

you're Zack, you don't make pushes like these ones. If you do, the way you go about it is actually villagery, whereas here it just reeks.

see you later though, if you're town, i'll find ya
do i know you?

your characterization of my play is incorrect, btw. for much of day 1 i usually just shitpost and lazily react to things for thin reasons. it's not even d1 yet, we can't even vote. I don't think I've really posted anything alignment indicative so far (for me)
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:45 pm nutella's concerns about me felt inauthentic:

wolfy post

boom roasted.
why

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:34 pm and my concerns are partly in that he voted for a team without saying why so like what if he has some kind of insider info yknow

wolfy post

boom roasted.
why

also nice, thx jjj

it's completely serious, sloonei is usually good at projecting town early and his first couple posts did zero for me in that regard so when I saw he had voted where I did without explanation I wanted...explanation or something towny from him because I don't want to be voting with a wolf

Because it’s essential.
moth wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:25 pm argument for me being scum is that im frantic, ultra aggressive, abnormally desperate to prove myself, less funny than usual, and paranoid
this is the only post so far that sounds like typical sloonei, and even in that regard it's NAI
It stems from me casting a silent vote in the poll (I didn't give it much thought or realize at the time that people were calling their votes. I just plopped a vote down on an empty option with a fun name), and then becomes an observation that I'm not "projecting town", which is a thing that I'm allegedly good at. Theoretically, then, I'm good at faking a town projection as well, so if I'm failing to do that here then it doesn't really need to be a concern. At this point I decided to lean into the perception that I wasn't projecting town to see what kind of response I'd get. Nutella responded with trepidation and confusion ("I really don't know what to make of this behavior from Sloonei"). The connoisseur of spice should be doing more to apply direct pressure if she has concerns. This looks like she's trying to challenge me for thread credit, but is at the same time worried about the potential backlash.

yeah I'm not a big fan of nutella's posts this game either :guitar:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tr sloonei
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:50 pmtr sloonei
why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

bronana wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:45 pm nutella's concerns about me felt inauthentic:

wolfy post

boom roasted.
why

wolfy post

boom roasted.
why

also nice, thx jjj

Because it’s essential.

why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

"mislim" is clearly superior to "miselim"

it rolls off the tongue much better
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm
why?
cuz i skimmed over ur posts
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

bronana wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:49 pm

wolfy post

boom roasted.
why

wolfy post

boom roasted.
why

also nice, thx jjj

Because it’s essential.

why?
I made a post early game saying I didn't like how she approached you iirc

her posts just felt hollow
moth
The Mark
Posts in topic: 436

Post by moth »

bronana wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm "mislim" is clearly superior to "miselim"

fuckup has a nice sound as well
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm
why?
And what did you like about them? If you arrived at this read after skimming my posts, why did you announce it right after posted a Big Accusatory Thing?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

bronana wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:37 pm
didn't you just vote based on thinking the name was cool? moth voted at gamestart and didn't give any reason afaik

this just seems like not a real concern :shrug:
Oh groovy. Townana.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:53 pm
why?
And what did you like about them? If you arrived at this read after skimming my posts, why did you announce it right after posted a Big Accusatory Thing?
Like, i liked ur words and stuff

Idk whats the second thing
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:55 pm
didn't you just vote based on thinking the name was cool? moth voted at gamestart and didn't give any reason afaik

Oh groovy. Townana.
that was enough for a townread?
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Master Radishes »

Townana ooh na na.

I'll stop now.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

bronana wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Oh groovy. Townana.
Yup
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:59 pm
why?

Which words did you like?

The Big Accusatory Thing is the post I made about nutella a few moments ago.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

bronana wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm "mislim" is clearly superior to "miselim"

I agree but we need a few cool cats to popularise it before the wider mafia population buys in. People are followers when it comes to terminology.

Let's mislim it up this game.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My eliminations are very masculine.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:04 pm

I agree but we need a few cool cats to popularise it before the wider mafia population buys in. People are followers when it comes to terminology.

Let's mislim it up this game.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I'm a bit disappointed I'm not a triumvir with Turnip Head as well as Carrot.

We'd be such a healthy, hearty triad.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Nutella would be our mortal enemy. Too sweet.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:03 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:59 pm
why?

Which words did you like?

The Big Accusatory Thing is the post I made about nutella a few moments ago.
Ill be honest i kinda forgot and ill be honest im also town and not trolling and im sober i swear

all of those statements are the truth. u be the judge
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:11 pm Ill be honest i kinda forgot and ill be honest im also town and not trolling and im sober i swear

all of those statements are the truth. u be the judge
I'm trying to be the judge, that's what all the questions are for! I guess that's more of a prosecutor's function though.

My words all still exist in the thread. Surely you can glance at them again and tell me why you liked them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:02 pm
bronana wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Oh groovy. Townana.
Yup
you grilling tutuu about his read while being like "nah bro" or giving a one word answer when I ask about yours is probably villagy, if a bit annoying

:bored:
Master Radishes
Hitman

Do we have to start doing reads or can I shitpost some more?

Return to “Previous Jobs”