31%

Total votes: 16
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Epi's posts are not the least bit difficult for me to read on mobile.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Epi I love your gimmicks please never stop doing them I find them deeply entertaining
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:33 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:28 pm what's your read on me?
Unsure. I feel like your reasons for being wary of me make sense from a civilian perspective, but your responses to my questions have felt like you are trying not to extend yourself too much, playing it a little hostile rather than just answering the questions I am asking. But sometimes my questions just do that to people, so I'm not going to commit to a read on that just yet.
I've tried answering the best I could. Tbh I'm kinda hostile as a default which isn't good, so I've been trying to not be that. You asking me why I decided to participate in a conversation you prompted felt really *icky* to me so I probably was more hostile there but I was actively trying not to be if it helps lol
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:34 pm Epi's posts are not the least bit difficult for me to read on mobile.
we probably don't have the same phone lol
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

oh Epi is actually making his own posts and putting them on a pip boy

I thought he was just posting random loading screens from the game or some shit

I've never played Fallout 2
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:30 pm Holy fuck are you forced to talk like this or something?

Anyway, ISO me and you should find it pretty quickly.
If I know epi, he's doing this for fun, decided on the gimmick long before role cards were sent out, and there is no sense in protesting. Embrace the journal entries.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

They’re kind of a pain to read but it’s worth it IMO
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:34 pm Epi's posts are not the least bit difficult for me to read on mobile.
we probably don't have the same phone lol
I would certainly hope not, I've got all my passwords and photos in there!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: KZA] aubergine
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Unsure. I feel like your reasons for being wary of me make sense from a civilian perspective, but your responses to my questions have felt like you are trying not to extend yourself too much, playing it a little hostile rather than just answering the questions I am asking. But sometimes my questions just do that to people, so I'm not going to commit to a read on that just yet.
I've tried answering the best I could. Tbh I'm kinda hostile as a default which isn't good, so I've been trying to not be that. You asking me why I decided to participate in a conversation you prompted felt really *icky* to me so I probably was more hostile there but I was actively trying not to be if it helps lol
I get under people's skin when I do this routine and I think the expectation is that I am trying to be more difficult/interrogative than I actually, so yeah, it is understandable to have those feelings.

I appreciate you putting up with me and your more recent answers have been reassuring. My goal with these sort of questions is to reach a place of better mutual understanding, and I feel like that's happened. At least it has on my end.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

spf still mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

im gay
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 162

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

@staypositivefriend Sloon said the thing. Was it the right thing?
Progression cases are bad.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:39 pm
I get under people's skin when I do this routine and I think the expectation is that I am trying to be more difficult/interrogative than I actually, so yeah, it is understandable to have those feelings.

I appreciate you putting up with me and your more recent answers have been reassuring. My goal with these sort of questions is to reach a place of better mutual understanding, and I feel like that's happened. At least it has on my end.
it's helped a bit

and yeah I know they're for mutual understanding and that's the best way to do things imo, which is why I've been trying to be less sorta

aggressive and more discussion focused

so I don't mind it at all
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:17 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:03 pm two primary reasons:

1. cloaking my townreads in ambiguity almost always gets interesting and telling interactions out of people. in this case, i think that foresight's intense amount of stress that only grew larger as i refused to directly answer his question is likely to come from a town indicative place. his irritation felt completely authentic- i honestly don't think that foresight would care that much at all if he was playing from a scum mindset

2. one of my early townleans was on you, but i felt uncomfortable outing that early into the game for a number of reasons. (partially out of the vanity of not wanting to be wrong). the other was on foresight
My concern, as TSP alludes to, is that spf's secret town reads maneuver is something I do often, and notably did in the Champs Finale to the frustration of about half the roster. Part of me feels like spf is mirroring my town meta here, maybe unconsciously, as a way to earn my trust.

We have played... three? games together. Two were in the Champs setting (both town/town), and more recently we were scum partners in Grasslands here on The Syndicate. When we've been town together, we were both distinctly aware of one another (I think. I was aware of her, at least) because our playstyles are similar. I would expect a mafia staypositivefriend to be hyper aware of my perception of her in this game, in what would be the first game we've ever been aligned opposite each other. So kicking the game off by doing a combative thing that Town Sloonei does for attention would be a viable way to do that.

Except, like Foresight says, there really wasn't much call for that play here. When I did it in Champs, the thread was moving at a breakneck pace, but I felt it was lacking traction. I did it to slow things down and get people to focus on particular issues. This thread was not moving at a fast pace when spf dropped her post. If anything, it needed more spiciness.

I'm also unclear why she was hesitant to declare a town read on me a half hour ago, but is comfortable doing so now.
the thing is - i do the "I Have Secret Reads That I'm Not Gonna Share Yet" is a maneuver that i do very commonly as either alignment

i did it in grasslands when we were teamed together, i did it in the rock falls invitational game when i was town, and i even did it multiple times in champs. it's just a style of scumhunting/provoking discussion that i really like doing, and i think it's a mistake to assume that this tactic that i do incredibly often of my own accord is something that i'm doing to appeal specifically to ~you~. truthfully, i didn't even associate that tactic with your playstyle at all

i would probably be incredibly aware about your perception of me if i rolled mafia against you, but your analysis implies a depth of thought that i haven't actually put into my posts so far.

my choice to withhold my reads provoked a lengthy discussion that we are still discussing right now 5 pages later - do you not agree that this might be more valuable than if i had simply said: "i townlean foresight and sloonei' and left it at that?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:41 pm @staypositivefriend Sloon said the thing. Was it the right thing?
nah sadly, it was in the ballpark, but it wasn't The Thing

i actually do think his concerns are towny though
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:46 pm Image
A collection of utterly NAI posts.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:46 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:41 pm @staypositivefriend Sloon said the thing. Was it the right thing?

Has anyone revealed themself to be a mafier yet?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:47 pm

not particularly - i feel that finding the scum in a 26 player list on d1 is like finding a needle in a haystack, but finding the town is a much more achievable and realistic goal

ive primarily focused on collecting townreads and then working backwards from there to get scumreads
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:50 pm

not particularly - i feel that finding the scum in a 26 player list on d1 is like finding a needle in a haystack, but finding the town is a much more achievable and realistic goal

ive primarily focused on collecting townreads and then working backwards from there to get scumreads
Who are the town reads?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

sidenote: long con's approach in this game is distinct from how i've seen him play as both alignments. he usually has a fairly strong sense of apathy/detachment from the gamestate, and he seems a lot more invested/interested in this game solely from the way that he's presenting himself

i don't know if this is alignment indicative but i actually do tonally townread him somewhat - probably just the underlying assertiveness behind his posts
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:51 pm

Who are the town reads?
you, foresight, long con

other names (tonystarkprime, esooa) pending
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:44 pm

1. cloaking my townreads in ambiguity almost always gets interesting and telling interactions out of people. in this case, i think that foresight's intense amount of stress that only grew larger as i refused to directly answer his question is likely to come from a town indicative place. his irritation felt completely authentic- i honestly don't think that foresight would care that much at all if he was playing from a scum mindset

2. one of my early townleans was on you, but i felt uncomfortable outing that early into the game for a number of reasons. (partially out of the vanity of not wanting to be wrong). the other was on foresight
My concern, as TSP alludes to, is that spf's secret town reads maneuver is something I do often, and notably did in the Champs Finale to the frustration of about half the roster. Part of me feels like spf is mirroring my town meta here, maybe unconsciously, as a way to earn my trust.

We have played... three? games together. Two were in the Champs setting (both town/town), and more recently we were scum partners in Grasslands here on The Syndicate. When we've been town together, we were both distinctly aware of one another (I think. I was aware of her, at least) because our playstyles are similar. I would expect a mafia staypositivefriend to be hyper aware of my perception of her in this game, in what would be the first game we've ever been aligned opposite each other. So kicking the game off by doing a combative thing that Town Sloonei does for attention would be a viable way to do that.

Except, like Foresight says, there really wasn't much call for that play here. When I did it in Champs, the thread was moving at a breakneck pace, but I felt it was lacking traction. I did it to slow things down and get people to focus on particular issues. This thread was not moving at a fast pace when spf dropped her post. If anything, it needed more spiciness.

I'm also unclear why she was hesitant to declare a town read on me a half hour ago, but is comfortable doing so now.
the thing is - i do the "I Have Secret Reads That I'm Not Gonna Share Yet" is a maneuver that i do very commonly as either alignment

i did it in grasslands when we were teamed together, i did it in the rock falls invitational game when i was town, and i even did it multiple times in champs. it's just a style of scumhunting/provoking discussion that i really like doing, and i think it's a mistake to assume that this tactic that i do incredibly often of my own accord is something that i'm doing to appeal specifically to ~you~. truthfully, i didn't even associate that tactic with your playstyle at all

i would probably be incredibly aware about your perception of me if i rolled mafia against you, but your analysis implies a depth of thought that i haven't actually put into my posts so far.

my choice to withhold my reads provoked a lengthy discussion that we are still discussing right now 5 pages later - do you not agree that this might be more valuable than if i had simply said: "i townlean foresight and sloonei' and left it at that?
How do secret reads you don't share provoke discussion?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:52 pm

Who are the town reads?
you, foresight, long con

I can never get a real town read Q-Q
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:53 pm

Who are the town reads?
you, foresight, long con

You've got a real townread over here \o/
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

well I guess c4 has one on me but I've been ignoring it cause I'll be heavily biased to town read him back for it ashshwnwksk

I can't win
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:53 pm

it usually results in people being suspicious of me for not outing my reads

or people trying to guess what reads i have, which can be a good way into tricking people into sharing reads that they weren't consciously prepared to out

or people trying to badger me into outing my reads, which can be alignment indicative within itself (and i think it was for foresight)

in any case, it usually gets more interesting reactions than if i just say: "i townlean x'. it's the same reason why i like self-voting in RVS
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Who are the town reads?
you, foresight, long con

you're like, suspiciously towny. i'm weirded out by how quickly i townread you lmao
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What did you think my concern with you was, @staypositivefriend? did you already tell me and i just forgot?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:55 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:53 pm

it usually results in people being suspicious of me for not outing my reads

or people trying to guess what reads i have, which can be a good way into tricking people into sharing reads that they weren't consciously prepared to out

or people trying to badger me into outing my reads, which can be alignment indicative within itself (and i think it was for foresight)

in any case, it usually gets more interesting reactions than if i just say: "i townlean x'. it's the same reason why i like self-voting in RVS
Approved!
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:57 pm What did you think my concern with you was, @staypositivefriend? did you already tell me and i just forgot?
i thought that town!sloonei would probably be concerned about my lack of inquisitiveness

most of my posts up to that point were passive and not particularly direct or aggressive - and i think town!sloonei has only seen town!spf in the context of her aggressively badgering people with questions in the earlygame. i was expecting you to draw attention to my passivity, which you did in a roundabout way with your actual concern
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:56 pm

Who are the town reads?
you, foresight, long con

you're like, suspiciously towny. i'm weirded out by how quickly i townread you lmao
PLEASEE
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

staypositivefriend
Hitman

@sloonei -

thoughts on alison?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:59 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:56 pm

Who are the town reads?
you, foresight, long con

PLEASEE
this makes me wanna townread u lmfao
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:12 pm @sloonei -

thoughts on alison?
She has made two day 0 posts that tell me very little. why do you ask about her in particular?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:13 pm

thoughts on alison?
She has made two day 0 posts that tell me very little. why do you ask about her in particular?
her two opening scumreads are one of your townreads (foresight) and another person that you (iirc) implicitly townread (tonystarkprime)

i was curious if that concerned you at all
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 189

Post by falcon45ca »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:29 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:28 pm Image
I'm not reading any of these
That one directly relates to you. C4s got your back it would seem
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I wish I was a cop so I could just know Jess's alignment so I can just be her buddy all game assuming she's town I don't want jess to be mafia I don't want to have to figure this out
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

not me realizing people are gonna read that post as lamist while it's sending
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:13 pm

thoughts on alison?
her two opening scumreads are one of your townreads (foresight) and another person that you (iirc) implicitly townread (tonystarkprime)

i was curious if that concerned you at all
I didn't start to town read c4 until today. I do not recall having anything to say about tsp.

I do not know why she expressed either of those reads. I'm sure she'll tell us.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:17 pm I wish I was a cop so I could just know Jess's alignment so I can just be her buddy all game assuming she's town I don't want jess to be mafia I don't want to have to figure this out
i am mafia, but buddy anyway and let me take you to endgame ;)
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:19 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:17 pm I wish I was a cop so I could just know Jess's alignment so I can just be her buddy all game assuming she's town I don't want jess to be mafia I don't want to have to figure this out
i am mafia, but buddy anyway and let me take you to endgame ;)
if you told me this in private I unironically would let you end game just to keep you around and it would make me not worried
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1299

Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Day 0]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:13 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:26 am Pros: Yes
Cons: Long
Gameplan: N/A
Misc.: Data missing
My dating app matched us up for same Cons. Wanna mason?
I am actually going to slap a serious-but-early town read on LC for this post. Casual joke from the implicit perspective of a civilian on Day 0. I like Bachelor #1 here.
I scum read sloonei for this post. Saying someone is towny for something like mentioning masons being implicit town perspective just seems fake. It's a completely normal and easy thing to do, that I don't really feel like portrays a towny perspective the way sloonei does.
I think it's too bigbrained in this world. Fake, sure. Easy, no.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:24 pm
KZA wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:23 pm [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

bizarre --> town?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:32 pm I guess my name is Foresight now.
I'm going to stick with English unless 2...d5 has a special name (it doesn't seem like a good option but that's beside the point)
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:08 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:04 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:56 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:55 pm as for the "there wasn't an organic reason to do it"

I'm not so sure about that. Honestly, calling attention to your reads in such a way I almost always dislike; it just feels showy to be

but it's also something that I've seen come from town *at least* as often as scum
What is your motivation for pursuing this discussion to the extent that you are?
the fact you literally asked for it
I am not criticizing you for engaging in discussion. I am asking what is motivating you. You have taken a stance that is distinctly defensive of SPF/critical of me. Why?
my motivation is the fact I wanna post in thread cause I like talking about mafia

you asked for discussion about your read, I disagreed with the read. I gave my reasons as to why
How do you read me right now?
your read on LC is weird and I think he's very likely scum. Biggest reason is he immediately switched his posting style when I pointed out he was more serious than normal. You didn't explain your LC town read and I didn't like that

past that I still don't really get why you think the mason thing is towny
Nah I sorta think this is just wolf, but the thought process feels ~fine~ here
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

why is that just wolf?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

It struck me as tonally off in a way I don't know if I can quite adequately explain but two things--

the scumread on you comes from your read on LC, and they say that LC is "very likely wolf", so presumably thinking w/w. I presume the scumread from the vote but note a bit of a deflection from making a direct read in that post. Anyways, I don't think they've interacted with LC in a way that prompts this sort of associative read. I guess you asked them for the post, so the response was forced, but ok

then back to back "You didn't explain your LC town read and I didn't like that" and "past that I still don't really get why you think the mason thing is towny", which are not two reasonable consecutive thoughts imo.

Return to “Previous Jobs”