Mafia Misplay Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Mafia Misplay Mafia

Post by Scotty »

Hey folks, just butting in here to remind you that it is a game, and to still be respectful to each other. Even in a loosely modded game like this, we do still want to have a modicum of respect. Thank you.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 653

Post by Porscha »

@MacDougall why is santy never maf here?
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
santygrass
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 809
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: Santy

Post by santygrass »

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:27 pm remembering santy in spiritfarers (wrong reads 24/7 but also pretty noticeably town) vs this santy (80% dead inside, pretends like typing words is a chore) is giving me whiplash

Think this read in clntraposition is accurate. I am certainly more busy like I was in Spiritfarer, and adapting to the new forum to begin with.
But like, I think its like a *significant* difference in how I olayed first half of this game and the second half tbf. And it annoys me a little that it is ignored and people went still with the frozen stuff. And with people I am refering mostly to sai here, dont want to AtE and attack their push , but its also something that prolly influenced me to like, be less interested with the game? I okay to have fun and stuff, so if it feels unfun/annoying Im not going to invest the same amount of time.

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:32 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:30 pm
Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:27 pm remembering santy in spiritfarers (wrong reads 24/7 but also pretty noticeably town) vs this santy (80% dead inside, pretends like typing words is a chore) is giving me whiplash
There's like zero energy.
it's wild. I feel like blaming the formatting of the website for lack of any cohesive thoughts can only last like 12 hours, not 40 hours, surely. it isn't THAT different from MU

Oops , was answering to this too in what I said before.

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:05 pmsanty...
LILYYYY I MISSED YOU. LETS IGNORE HALF OF THE THREAD AND SOLVE THIS JUST US. We may include Porscha.

Can you point me what you think is like, obvtown moment from Esooa or something?
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Also I lost a quote from Achro talking about how ow was townreading Hk and we should follow that legacy or something and I hate it. But I hate more the fact that it is probably right so going to try to think of a V!hk world too wowee. Thats why Im kinda going with Esooa first weh
Achromatic
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 632
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Sir Chris/Chris

Post by Achromatic »

@santygrass thoughts on mac atm?
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Mac not seeing sabi obvtowning is pinging me too. So I could prob see them as wolf tbfh.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

But the visor read I remember as like, hard to fake for them as a wolf? Amd why deliver it at that time when I was sussing ow for example?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 493

Post by MacDougall »

I'm really sorry for upsetting ppl all the time.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

santygrass wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:18 pm Mac not seeing sabi obvtowning is pinging me too. So I could prob see them as wolf tbfh.
I think you're all just looking at sabi as a polarised player and assuming sabi can't make this many posts as mafia.

Outside of sbpc what makes sabi town exactly?
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

I feel like trusting with my life now in Ris, Porscha, nook and Lily. Prob in that order.

I thought that maybe ow kill was one to maintain status quo in thread, but just glossing at player list wilgs was there and feels like far more juicier then Outed Wolf there to kill so eeeeeh Im still lost on why ow could die.

I see the mac case and like yeah, could be. But also it isnt like, too much level 0 as a take? Mac isn the only scum so there should be two other people who would agree with that and why???
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:14 pm @MacDougall why is santy never maf here?
When I read his posts I sense no agenda.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

santygrass wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:22 pm I feel like trusting with my life now in Ris, Porscha, nook and Lily. Prob in that order.

I thought that maybe ow kill was one to maintain status quo in thread, but just glossing at player list wilgs was there and feels like far more juicier then Outed Wolf there to kill so eeeeeh Im still lost on why ow could die.

I see the mac case and like yeah, could be. But also it isnt like, too much level 0 as a take? Mac isn the only scum so there should be two other people who would agree with that and why???
Why does this kill make sense for me?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Visor wasn't scumreading me. He was my top town. I only ever make this kill if visor's other reads are right.

So you must think my partners are in santy/lily/achro right?
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:21 pm
santygrass wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:18 pm Mac not seeing sabi obvtowning is pinging me too. So I could prob see them as wolf tbfh.
I think you're all just looking at sabi as a polarised player and assuming sabi can't make this many posts as mafia.

Its not the high post count. Its like their broad amount of subjects that they talked about like... Freely? And there were a lot of instances that I was like 'yeh, I like were sabi question goes'.
Also them having a stale/bad read on Achro and me its just sabi being paranoid IMO. That even if its annoys me like, it makes sense from a train of thoughts they are having? Idk
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 746
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

santygrass wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:14 pm

Think this read in clntraposition is accurate. I am certainly more busy like I was in Spiritfarer, and adapting to the new forum to begin with.
But like, I think its like a *significant* difference in how I olayed first half of this game and the second half tbf. And it annoys me a little that it is ignored and people went still with the frozen stuff. And with people I am refering mostly to sai here, dont want to AtE and attack their push , but its also something that prolly influenced me to like, be less interested with the game? I okay to have fun and stuff, so if it feels unfun/annoying Im not going to invest the same amount of time.

Porscha wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:32 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:30 pm
There's like zero energy.
it's wild. I feel like blaming the formatting of the website for lack of any cohesive thoughts can only last like 12 hours, not 40 hours, surely. it isn't THAT different from MU

Oops , was answering to this too in what I said before.

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:05 pmsanty...
LILYYYY I MISSED YOU. LETS IGNORE HALF OF THE THREAD AND SOLVE THIS JUST US. We may include Porscha.

Can you point me what you think is like, obvtown moment from Esooa or something?
im feelin kinda down tonight and dont have any solvey juice in me

@ me tomorrow and we can talk abt stuff though <3
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:23 pm
santygrass wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:22 pm I feel like trusting with my life now in Ris, Porscha, nook and Lily. Prob in that order.

I say it is level 0 cause you were one of the few people that put them as top town. Like, a W!Mac would expect people to also see that ow was obvtowning or something and kill there. Feel like its a basic train of thought and even then completely ignores you having two more partners. So I feel that there should be something more to it
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

santygrass wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:21 pm

Its not the high post count. Its like their broad amount of subjects that they talked about like... Freely? And there were a lot of instances that I was like 'yeh, I like were sabi question goes'.
Also them having a stale/bad read on Achro and me its just sabi being paranoid IMO. That even if its annoys me like, it makes sense from a train of thoughts they are having? Idk
You think sabi as mafia can't interject on a range of subjects?

Can you show me some examples of questions you liked?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

santygrass wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:27 pm

I say it is level 0 cause you were one of the few people that put them as top town. Like, a W!Mac would expect people to also see that ow was obvtowning or something and kill there. Feel like its a basic train of thought and even then completely ignores you having two more partners. So I feel that there should be something more to it
I townread visor because he shared the bulk of my reads. Agreed that ender was wolfier than HK. Agreed that lily was scummy. Agreed that achro was scummy. I was right.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

If Hk is scum, Outed Wolf EoD looked like, EXTREMELY paired to him . Killing there in a W!Hk doesnt make much sense woweee
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you all want to chop me here it'd be game theme appropriate so I'll try not to be mad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

santygrass wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:28 pm If Hk is scum, Outed Wolf EoD looked like, EXTREMELY paired to him . Killing there in a W!Hk doesnt make much sense woweee
HK is entering d2 assuming they die 100% of the time. The NK is for the benefit of the other 2 wolves not HK.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Yeh, I think I said that I noticed how your reads overlapped when you called Visor top town and made me townread you cuz I still think its coming from a V!Mac mindset most of the time imo .

Thinking that the wagons were V/V , prob my vote in Esooa is more likely to hit.
Want to know what Esooa thinks tho, and Lily read there
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:30 pm
santygrass wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:28 pm If Hk is scum, Outed Wolf EoD looked like, EXTREMELY paired to him . Killing there in a W!Hk doesnt make much sense woweee
HK is entering d2 assuming they die 100% of the time. The NK is for the benefit of the other 2 wolves not HK.
Unless the team is hk/Lily/Achro lr something like that I kinda doubt it. And it annoys me cuz I dont like hk approach in my slot at all oof
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

santygrass wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:31 pm
Unless the team is hk/Lily/Achro lr something like that I kinda doubt it. And it annoys me cuz I dont like hk approach in my slot at all oof
what do you mean you doubt it? I'm saying that if HK is mafia NKA doesn't apply to him.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:28 pm

I townread visor because he shared the bulk of my reads. Agreed that ender was wolfier than HK. Agreed that lily was scummy. Agreed that achro was scummy. I was right.
(at the time you made that call on visor you had me as town)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:37 pm

I know that. The fact that I had reevaluated that doesn't mean we werent reading the game similarly earlier. Similar reading of the game is something to townread someone for regardless of whether it is right or wrong.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I also don't think visor strongly scumread you towards the end either.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Sure, I town read people for that.

Can you link me to a good example of a good sabi wolf performance?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Tbh I thought day 1 in the game sabi hammered themselves was pretty similar to their play here.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Oh, well I 1000% disagree with that take. To me they feel entirely different. A lot less AtE, and their pushes are much stronger here.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I've only seen sabi wolf in that game and a turbo tho personally.

I know that sabi endgamed and won on another site a few weeks ago.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:43 pm Oh, well I 1000% disagree with that take. To me they feel entirely different. A lot less AtE, and their pushes are much stronger here.
A lot less ATE towards you maybe. I was literally just told to fuck off and told I was hated.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:34 pm
santygrass wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:31 pm
what do you mean you doubt it? I'm saying that if HK is mafia NKA doesn't apply to him.
My counterpoint is like, a mafia team with hk in it, should probably see that the way ow shielded hk looked partnered and like, know that if hk dies ow is a probable misyeet. So the team wouldnt kill there in that scenario, unless they fear ow for other reasons (Lily/Achro also being scum)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sabi might have less ate simply due to not being sussed tbh
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

I just wolfed against Sabi on fol and everything about them here is a decent reminder of that game.

I don't know how to read you two in relation to one another tbh. You guys have a very strange relationship that I don't understand.

Maybe I should borrow a line from Sabi and say Sabi is only a wolf with you as their partner or something funny. Actually I kind of believe that because maybe Sabi has the wolf in them to eat all of us, but given how you two have interplayed this game it feels possibly partnered.

Outside of that tinfoil though they sound very similar to Umineko on fol and would have to be playing super well to mimic that, especially in relation to how they are handling me.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

I just have no proof that Sabi has that wolf inside of them and comparing them to the game I wolfed with them feels pretty bonkers to me tbh.
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Achromatic wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:37 pm

But didnt mac read on you like, changed just in the EoD? Like, most lf the day he was sr, just like Visor did. Thats why I can imagine Mac vibing a lot with Visor reads and having him as strong town just by how much their reads overlapped
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

maybe hk jack neon nanook just solves the game
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Also I dont like using meta, just that sabi feels town here even if I have some issues with how they are playing/reading some slots.
The vast approach/inqusitiveness and like, the engagement/investment in their reads feels real and towny
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Mac, do you feel you are struggling this game?
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:50 pm maybe hk jack neon nanook just solves the game
I dont think nook is it either. I really vibed and see them as towny really thinking they had something condemning/iffy about hk with their relative volume tell on hk.

Tho I could def see one in Neon/Jack flipping wolf. Like when i think about it its likely that one of the slots that is going UTR is just scum

Thoughts about Esooa?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:51 pm Mac, do you feel you are struggling this game?
yeah
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Feel like wolf HK who does a fake out visor NKA to spew him always comes out with a fire in his belly here tbh.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

santygrass wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:50 pm maybe hk jack neon nanook just solves the game
I dont think nook is it either. I really vibed and see them as towny really thinking they had something condemning/iffy about hk with their relative volume tell on hk.

Tho I could def see one in Neon/Jack flipping wolf. Like when i think about it its likely that one of the slots that is going UTR is just scum

Thoughts about Esooa?
lol if I say my thoughts I'll just get insulted by her
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

In the UTR tier I think I have {Neon, Jack, Wilg} fwiw. And I know some people hard townread wilg but I didnt see that atm so /shrug. Prob the last slot I would go if I plan on yeeting someone from there tho
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:53 pm
Achromatic wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:51 pm Mac, do you feel you are struggling this game?
yeah
Well, let's take a look at some players we've stored away for a bit. Obviously I suspect you and have been clear about why. What do you think of, say, Porscha's handling of you?
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

I think I'll prolly take a quick relook at their EoD. Cuz I def felt like they didnt care about the yeet. And they said smth about being busy/thinking it was later but... Bruh I was doing groceries out in the street and still pending on how the votes were going, cuz I had a scumread there and trying to analize how the wagons were and just people positioning there. While Esooa was fluffing mostly, and then procceeded to lash at me in a weird way when I called them out
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

If Achro/Mac also want to take a look at Esooa EoD it would be Goated tbh
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Probs the EoD in general is worthy in looking cuz of how close the votes were. If there was V/W , people pushing Ender sus. If it was V/V which is what I think rn, people not caring sus probs
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:55 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:53 pm
yeah
Well, let's take a look at some players we've stored away for a bit. Obviously I suspect you and have been clear about why. What do you think of, say, Porscha's handling of you?
annoying but town lol

Return to “Previous Hustles”