30%

Total votes: 20
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Re: [NIGHT 4] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Golden »

RIP gleam

I don't feel too bad about that one. It does put EoD2 in its proper context... a lot of people abandoned a civ wagon for a baddie wagon, so it only makes those people look better imo.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Re: [DAY 4] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I like to leave inactives around as scum if possible. I will even defend an easy mislynch if I think I need the person around as a distraction-this is why I don't mind lynching these people as town. If it's not possible, they are low-hanging fruit and easy targets and I will go after them if that's my only option.
Interesting. In the one game I won here as scum, my team (me, Epi, Golden and Daisy) repeately pushed for lynches of inactives, and eventually won the game for that. It was a small game so town couldn't afford to make many mistakes.

linki: godanmit

If Sig flips civ too I'm gonna flip.
I will. Though tomorrow we could go after idk. :| I still suspect sloonie a bit. What is the chance that after the Fuzz lynch the mafia are all laying really low? Not really posting and lurking to avoid attention?

So what does everyone think of my Nero theory?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

So WAIT you shouldn't lynch me at ALL. I defended Gleam up until today as I did Fuzz. He gleam flipped civ, so my hardcore defense of him was right. I think we should look at Day 1 and 2 and the people who pushed his wagon then, I'd bet we would see a scum among them.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Why aren't people voting Quin when he basically admitted to being bad?
Because people don't do that. Mafia 101.
Yeah they do. I've seen it.
Vompatti comes to mind.

@Epi - I understand you'd rather lynch sig, but imagine for a moment sig was immune and couldn't be voted for... THEN how would you feel about gleam?
Who said I was immune to votes? I never did.

Scotty wrote:Totally unrelated to the lychnabout to occur - but I just realized something..wouldn't it be in the Don's best interests to be as civ as possible? Because they can't be NK'd, only lynched by their family..

My perception of a few people is greatly influenced by this realization. It would make sense why the cop arrests probably failed, since they would probably want to kill the cockiest people. So what ika said yesterday may not be thinking in the wrong direction.
Could you explain this a bit?
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:So WAIT you shouldn't lynch me at ALL. I defended Gleam up until today as I did Fuzz. He gleam flipped civ, so my hardcore defense of him was right. I think we should look at Day 1 and 2 and the people who pushed his wagon then, I'd bet we would see a scum among them.
This isn't exactly convincing. It isn't hard for a baddie, when there is only one baddie team, to religiously defend a civilian.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote:So WAIT you shouldn't lynch me at ALL. I defended Gleam up until today as I did Fuzz. He gleam flipped civ, so my hardcore defense of him was right. I think we should look at Day 1 and 2 and the people who pushed his wagon then, I'd bet we would see a scum among them.
Your logic is unsound.

Cops would know who is good.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Golden wrote:
Soneji wrote:I went with Golden yesterday because up until the point I had read he was the most suspicious, with DDL in second and Ika on a backburner after the Fuzz lynch. Mongoose is the most scummy from my current reading, with DDL looking less scummy than he did prior.
You've called me scummy in three posts, but you've never really explained why. Has your view on me changed, if so why?
It was based on me finding fault with your meta read on Diiny. Viewing your voting records and looking into your part on the Fuzz lynch has placed you on the backburner with Ika.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I will say, however, I agree with Epi that we should not presume tomorrow must be a sig lynch. Despite the fact I've referred to it as inevitable myself.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

sig wrote:I think we should look at Day 1 and 2 and the people who pushed his wagon then, I'd bet we would see a scum among them.
I will also have another look at your nero theory. I have my own reasons to suspect him so I would like to build my case.

I'd still like to lynch Scotty tomorrow.

Golden, you were right on the money with why I voted that way.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Post by thellama73 »

RIP gleam.

Maybe someday people will listen to me, but I am not holding my breath.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Soneji wrote:
Golden wrote:
Soneji wrote:I went with Golden yesterday because up until the point I had read he was the most suspicious, with DDL in second and Ika on a backburner after the Fuzz lynch. Mongoose is the most scummy from my current reading, with DDL looking less scummy than he did prior.
You've called me scummy in three posts, but you've never really explained why. Has your view on me changed, if so why?
It was based on me finding fault with your meta read on Diiny. Viewing your voting records and looking into your part on the Fuzz lynch has placed you on the backburner with Ika.
What fault did you find in my meta read on diiny? Did you note that by the end of that day (and it was day one) I was defending him and voted for Wilgy instead of him even though Diiny would have been the better vote to save myself? Have you been on a baddie team with Diiny in which you crafted a win together as I have?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:
sig wrote:I think we should look at Day 1 and 2 and the people who pushed his wagon then, I'd bet we would see a scum among them.
I will also have another look at your nero theory. I have my own reasons to suspect him so I would like to build my case.

I'd still like to lynch Scotty tomorrow.

Golden, you were right on the money with why I voted that way.
Right back atcha, Quinsauce :beer:

Linki: llama, I'm listening. I would definitely consider looking closer into DDL

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I like to leave inactives around as scum if possible. I will even defend an easy mislynch if I think I need the person around as a distraction-this is why I don't mind lynching these people as town. If it's not possible, they are low-hanging fruit and easy targets and I will go after them if that's my only option.
Interesting. In the one game I won here as scum, my team (me, Epi, Golden and Daisy) repeately pushed for lynches of inactives, and eventually won the game for that. It was a small game so town couldn't afford to make many mistakes.

linki: godanmit

If Sig flips civ too I'm gonna flip.
So the Day 5 lynch is already decided, is it? :suspish:
Not necessarily. I predict myself full of self-doubt for the next 72 hours after lynching yet another "uber scum" player who flipped town.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Matt »

#letslynchikatomorrow
Image Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Scotty wrote: Linki: llama, I'm listening. I would definitely consider looking closer into DDL
And also Quin, and possibly Serge.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

That Other Thread vanished.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

What do we think would be an ideal role the undercover cop would choose? I mean, it wouldn't be the traitor, surely?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I just really hate seemers in games. Futzes with the marbles I call I brain

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:What do we think would be an ideal role the undercover cop would choose? I mean, it wouldn't be the traitor, surely?
Someone with BTSC. Maybe a lover.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote:
Scotty wrote:What do we think would be an ideal role the undercover cop would choose? I mean, it wouldn't be the traitor, surely?
Why? The BTSC partner would point the possibility out immediately.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Golden wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Golden wrote:
What fault did you find in my meta read on diiny? Did you note that by the end of that day (and it was day one) I was defending him and voted for Wilgy instead of him even though Diiny would have been the better vote to save myself? Have you been on a baddie team with Diiny in which you crafted a win together as I have?
The fault I found is using meta reasons to suspect someone that comes off as a super townie based off of them having acted as a super townie before as scum is fairly weak reasoning on a D1. Those kind of suspicions are best held close to the vest until you can spot them making a mistake. It came off as opportunistic to off a strong townie based on tinfoil. I have seen scum in multiple NF games use meta in the same way you did to justify their votes against strong players, that its either lynch them now or they'll never be caught.

My read there was based solely on where I had read up to. I didn't know how to access poll records at the time. Once I did know, it was seeing your vote for Wilgy+your Fuzz vote then looking into both a bit that put you off my current suspect list.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

it would have to be a role without BTSC, or any other form of communication. These roles are the most likely.
Hitman
Stool Pigeon.
Messaggero
Traitor

However, judging from MP's comment this was the real Traitor.

How is my logic unsound this could be then said for when anyone defends anyone? One of the points agaisnt me was that I defended Gleam who might have been my mafia buddy, OR that I only defended Fuzz so hard since he was my teammates. Seeing how I defended Gleam a good amount and he flipped civ established that I will speak my mind if I disagree with a lynch.

I''d like to hear Quin's ideas on Nero.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I wouldn't think so. Daisy Don would know if they hadn't voted for the person and call it out immediately.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Draconus »

Silverwolf wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Why are people voting for Draconusgoose?
Silverwolf wrote:Oh I switched my vote to Draconus

I expect sig to be the lynch today but I want to voice my opinions on others I'm suspecting and the fact that Draconus has done very little since replacing reminds me of how myself and others I've seen react to replacing into a scum slot. Be mostly inactive and then just post the bare minimum without really saying much.

I still suspect Soneji for posts that don't really say anything at all and because I think scum are laying low this game while town attacks each other, but I don't see the point of sitting on that vote by myself right now.
Draconus hasn't done much of anything since replacing. Soneji hasn't done anything all game. They both need to be pushed eventually if we are gonna win this. And if they continue, then lynched IMO.
Your pressure doesn't bother aapje at all. Besides, Alice just started playing.

moresque are your thoughts on The Cyber Controller viands votes? Thoughts overthwart thanks?
Like, WTF is this post? Bascially self votes and does no scumhunting or make any attempt at game solving. I mean, yes, he did replace but has had enough time to at least make a decent vote-yet doesn't.
Lol you're not going to like my style at all.
To translate my insanified post: "Your pressure doesn't bother me at all. Besides, I just started playing.

What are your thoughts on the Sig votes? Thoughts on Sig himself?"

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Quin wrote:
Mm. But if that partner wasn't the best looking civ they would likely be lynched.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Quin wrote:
Mm. But if that partner wasn't the best looking civ they would likely be lynched.
And them being lynched would immediately make it clear the person wasn't a seemer... I would think the seemer would want to stay hidden.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Problem too is that if the person doesn't have BTSC, then there is only one player who could possibly have that role, so they would also suspect the person.

I can't see how this wouldn't be a risk.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

What are you guys doing? :omg:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I know the answer. I'd pick the Consigliere.

Let's see if the Don has the balls to oppose that.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Quin wrote:
And them being lynched would immediately make it clear the person wasn't a seemer... I would think the seemer would want to stay hidden.
If the UC is lynched, at least in this case he'd be bringing a civ down with him. It might give the remaining scum an idea of who has BTSC, as well.

linki: We're making this easy for them aren't we, Luffy? :workit:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

(on a second thought, the consigliere could also be alive. Ugh, never mind)
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

aren't we, marmot*
ImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:@silverwolf - that post is insanification, and its a punishment for self-voting. Those familiar with Long Con's insanifier know what it looks like :p you'll get used to it around here soon enough lol.
Wait, we have an insanifier? :huh:
Yes. His name is MovingPictures07 :p

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:(on a second thought, the consigliere could also be alive. Ugh, never mind)
Actually I'd pick a role already flipped to call into question who was the seemer, in theory the seemer could have flipped already and we won't be able to tell.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I mean, I suppose I can't complain at y'all too much since gleam was on my list too, but I didn't expect CFDs to become so trendy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Silverwolf wrote:
Golden wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Golden wrote:@silverwolf - that post is insanification, and its a punishment for self-voting. Those familiar with Long Con's insanifier know what it looks like :p you'll get used to it around here soon enough lol.
I have no idea what this insanifier is but I'd like to find out more sometime.
http://www.mikesteffler.com/InsanityGenerator.html
That's hilarious!!

Still, don't understand why Draconus can't take his vote off himself and be more helpful to town then.
1. I didn't know votes were changeable at the time.

2. I wouldn't have moved it because I enjoy self-voting and breaking MP'S rules... so point 1 is moot.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I mean, I suppose I can't complain at y'all too much since gleam was on my list too, but I didn't expect CFDs to become so trendy.
CFD on marmot, anyone?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I mean, I suppose I can't complain at y'all too much since gleam was on my list too, but I didn't expect CFDs to become so trendy.
CFD on marmot, anyone?
:puppy:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm going to read what happened when I get home, but does anyone want to explain what went down?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Marmot, will you help me lynch DDL?

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I wish I could leave close to llama just so I could take a photo of his face when he notices he spent one RL month tunneling on a civ.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Live*
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm going to read what happened when I get home, but does anyone want to explain what went down?
Yeah, ika admitted to being a cop through a slip, and everybody CFD's gleam from sig.

For SVS...derp.
Image Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I wish I could leave close to llama just so I could take a photo of his face when he notices he spent one RL month tunneling on a civ.
You coul live close to me if you had any kind of commitment at all. There is a house on my street with a room for rent. Empty wishing = baddie.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:Fine let's see where this rabbit hole goes...

Voting gleam
could a vote be weaker?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:Fine let's see where this rabbit hole goes...

Voting gleam
could a vote be weaker?
Tell me more. :)

When ISOing Fuzz, I noticed his first post called out Scotty for "forgetting to mention him" in some list and he wanted to know why Scotty did that.

I wonder if they're teamies and Fuzz wanted to address that before anyone else noticed it. Anyway, Scotty and Fuzz had a slight back and forth over it, after which, they were cool beans with each other. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am not sure how to feel about these bandwagons. I've never seen a game that's had two such dramatic swings at the end of days. I do not doubt that there are a few townies who are simply not afraid to change their votes, as I am in that boat myself, but I also can't shake that there's some nefariousness in these votes. Scotty, indiglo, and Silverwolf stand out to be me first.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Imdoes anyone know if this is typical of Matt to do as town? To basically focus on something and call it a slip?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ika wrote:Imdoes anyone know if this is typical of Matt to do as town? To basically focus on something and call it a slip?
He had a similar approach in his first life.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

Sloonei wrote:I am not sure how to feel about these bandwagons. I've never seen a game that's had two such dramatic swings at the end of days. I do not doubt that there are a few townies who are simply not afraid to change their votes, as I am in that boat myself, but I also can't shake that there's some nefariousness in these votes. Scotty, indiglo, and Silverwolf stand out to be me first.
Considering I was wanting to lynch gleam for quite some time now, and wasn't really feeling the sig lynch, and no one was interested in the other people I voted, it shouldn't be too surprising I switched my vote when a chance to lynch a major scumread happened.

Return to “Previous Jobs”