The French Team (Host/dead/non)
62%

Total votes: 13
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 129

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

Post by Creature »

I would rather if we could play musical chairs, but we still can't vote.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 507

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:47 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 pm Mac: well I'm just being cautious about him bc you know. But actually he did kinda ping me with this post
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:49 am This game has a good cast. There are invariably going to be some solid and prolific players who have rolled anti town here because of how many anti town roles there are and they will be trying to control the narrative... because they have to.

Concurrently if you are a civ and can give top effort I want some balls to the wall here. We aren't winning this on info. Civ voices need to dominate the thread. I want 150 pages. I want a bloodbath of analysis. I am going to be ruthless if you are phoning it in and I expect better of you. You know who you are.
Perhaps he is one of those players who have rolled anti-town, and that's why it's on his mind. :ponder:

Also he suspected Epi for giving out town reads which is something town Epi does and actually I believe Mac did the same thing in scrimmage.

Mata has checked in only to laugh off Epi's statement of suspicion of her and to provide some slank cover.

Mafmen is just focused on mechanics and I feel like there were bits of it that seemed like they could have come from a scum perspective
You want this smoke?
Hey there pal are you free to participate in a GTH exercise?
The thread is full of productive play right now and it is early and opinions are not yet formed. I do not think GTH is required at present and in fact is likely to just suppress better scum hunting.

See my GTH in scrimmage for reference.
A lot of chatter is happening but we're struggling for direction and have a big crowd. GTH takes two seconds.
Considering it’s day 0 and I’m mostly here for the meme of it with some solving added in

I think it’s better to wait since we still have another 72 hours before the end of day

And i would HOPE we didnt have a direction to go right off the bat
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 351

Post by MacDougall »

Nope. I am not down. Sharing baseless and contextless thoughts right now has minor benefit for a possibility of suppressing good conversation. The Mafia don't even have anything to dodge here. They can say whatever because on day 0 and GTH nobody will hold them to account later. If you want to know who people suspect just read the thread.

It sounds to me like you are struggling to fake scum hunt.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If I am mafia GTH sounds great though.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:04 pm Nope. I am not down. Sharing baseless and contextless thoughts right now has minor benefit for a possibility of suppressing good conversation. The Mafia don't even have anything to dodge here. They can say whatever because on day 0 and GTH nobody will hold them to account later. If you want to know who people suspect just read the thread.

A reminder:
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 62

Post by MafiaMenace »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:54 pm
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 pm Mac: well I'm just being cautious about him bc you know. But actually he did kinda ping me with this post
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:49 am This game has a good cast. There are invariably going to be some solid and prolific players who have rolled anti town here because of how many anti town roles there are and they will be trying to control the narrative... because they have to.

Concurrently if you are a civ and can give top effort I want some balls to the wall here. We aren't winning this on info. Civ voices need to dominate the thread. I want 150 pages. I want a bloodbath of analysis. I am going to be ruthless if you are phoning it in and I expect better of you. You know who you are.
Perhaps he is one of those players who have rolled anti-town, and that's why it's on his mind. :ponder:

Also he suspected Epi for giving out town reads which is something town Epi does and actually I believe Mac did the same thing in scrimmage.

Mata has checked in only to laugh off Epi's statement of suspicion of her and to provide some slank cover.

Mafmen is just focused on mechanics and I feel like there were bits of it that seemed like they could have come from a scum perspective
Are you saying Mac was scum reading Epi because of the same thing he’s saying here?

Or is it that Mac was also easily handing out townreads.

Re: MM
What looked like it came from scum?

The first one.

re: mm, I'll have to look back but (a) not being as worried about the cult as ultra was, and (b) miscounting the kpn (could be faked ignorance or could be that his understanding was skewed for some other reason). and (c) just more generally he seems quite focused on the scum team mechanics as a topic (not counting Vig/SK in kpn for instance)
oh i swear to god
most people currently are unreadable because their posts are nai, so im choosing to work on a strategic standpoint

a, i already said that the legends arent the issue in the earlygame
b, how is this a point?
c, my entire mechanics argument was focused on the fucking sk, so what the fuck are you talking about
You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

GTH reads to me are about establishing a direction for players to move in. That is why I want to run it right now.

But this conversation has turned into a distraction. Let's get back to other things.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

woah can I change the subject here?

Post by Creature »

This is amusing.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: woah can I change the subject here?

Post by Sloonei »

Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:07 pm This is amusing.
Did you have any particular posts in mind for your proposed exercise?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Re: woah can I change the subject here?

Post by Creature »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:08 pm
Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:07 pm This is amusing.
Did you have any particular posts in mind for your proposed exercise?
Didn't I just give you one?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:55 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:00 pm I don't suspect Ultra. Bottom line.

I suspect Matahari.
Let's start with this
Ultra
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 201

Post by Ultra »

You want this smoke?
The thread is full of productive play right now and it is early and opinions are not yet formed. I do not think GTH is required at present and in fact is likely to just suppress better scum hunting.

Yeah I would consider such an exercise really a discussion bound to go nowhere right now
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I suspect Matahari.
Let's start with this
I did not see this.

This post comes from a civilian.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

You want this smoke?

Hey I actually agree with this

I see scum initiate gth exercises more often than town i'm pretty sure lol
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

To clarify if you guys want to GTH I don't care. I don't want to or feel the need to but if you think it will help you then do. I am not the thread dictator.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 58
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm

Are you saying Mac was scum reading Epi because of the same thing he’s saying here?

The first one.

re: mm, I'll have to look back but (a) not being as worried about the cult as ultra was, and (b) miscounting the kpn (could be faked ignorance or could be that his understanding was skewed for some other reason). and (c) just more generally he seems quite focused on the scum team mechanics as a topic (not counting Vig/SK in kpn for instance)
oh i swear to god
most people currently are unreadable because their posts are nai, so im choosing to work on a strategic standpoint

b, how is this a point?
c, my entire mechanics argument was focused on the fucking sk, so what the fuck are you talking about
MM can you elaborate on the strategic standpoint you are working on? I'm not clear I know what you mean.

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:10 pm To clarify if you guys want to GTH I don't care. I don't want to or feel the need to but if you think it will help you then do. I am not the thread dictator.
Civilian
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:04 pm Nope. I am not down. Sharing baseless and contextless thoughts right now has minor benefit for a possibility of suppressing good conversation. The Mafia don't even have anything to dodge here. They can say whatever because on day 0 and GTH nobody will hold them to account later. If you want to know who people suspect just read the thread.

A reminder:
Weren't you mafia last time you used this defence against me? Why'd you leave out the times I tinfoiled you when you were bad?
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:10 pm

The first one.

oh i swear to god

b, how is this a point?
MM can you elaborate on the strategic standpoint you are working on? I'm not clear I know what you mean.

linki
looking at how to use prs
but im mostly focused on felicity
You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:57 pm This game is unfolding as a perfect day 0 and injecting gimmicky projects into it is anti-town.
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm GTH is the perfect game for a supertown deepwolf type to call for. It makes them look busy and shows them where the juicy mislynches are.

What would be the more civilian thing to do is read the thread and find who is bad and burn them alive for it.

Boom. Yeah. I'm mindmelding with you too much rn, you must be a pretty deep wolf :meany:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:10 pm To clarify if you guys want to GTH I don't care. I don't want to or feel the need to but if you think it will help you then do. I am not the thread dictator.
To clarify on my own end: I backed off because there wasn't enough support, not because you yelled at me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hello, I'm checking in!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 58
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm

The first one.

oh i swear to god

b, how is this a point?

linki
sorry, what is prs?

and hi LC!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm

A reminder:
Weren't you mafia last time you used this defence against me? Why'd you leave out the times I tinfoiled you when you were bad?
I do not believe so, no.

At the time I compiled this list it was four consecutive town games for me in which you tinfoiled me from start to finish. That is why it is the way it is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

A reminder:
Why is your reflex that he's tinfoiling you?

You can observe his read as tinfoil without knowing his alignment, but I wouldn't call it tinfoiling first unless I was town leaning on that player.

Granted I haven't clicked those links but I'm assuming these are instances of town mac being wrong about you
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:14 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm

A reminder:
I do not believe so, no.

At the time I compiled this list it was four consecutive town games for me in which you tinfoiled me from start to finish. That is why it is the way it is.
:scared:
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:12 pm
To clarify on my own end: I backed off because there wasn't enough support, not because you yelled at me.
Thank you for clarifying. I did feel bad.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:09 pm

I suspect Matahari.
Let's start with this
I did not see this.

Expound
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:14 pm

A reminder:

You can observe his read as tinfoil without knowing his alignment, but I wouldn't call it tinfoiling first unless I was town leaning on that player.

Granted I haven't clicked those links but I'm assuming these are instances of town mac being wrong about you
Because
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:13 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm

The first one.

oh i swear to god

b, how is this a point?

linki
sorry, what is prs?

and hi LC!
power roles (anything but citizen)
since this is a role madness game this is probably the wrong word to use
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm

The first one.

Okay then (a) why are you using ultra as a frame of reference for MM (b) that looks more like a tinfoil rather than a derp!town consideration (c) why doesnt he ask scum team for clarification regarding his kill instead of posting the numbers itt

Like i had a reason to view it as less town and figured we’d mindmeld on it but we didnt

Point is that it looks like words for the sake of words. Like he’s doing something rather than just twiddling thumbs
Well yeah no I agree with you on that. Maybe this wasn't clear but I suspect him for focusing on mechanics as a reason in itself, not just because of specific things I saw as scummy. Even if I didn't have those little pings (which like you said are pretty circumstantial) I suspect him for the mechanics talk as a general trend.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Yeh, should probably wait the day to actually start.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 pm

A reminder:

Because
What's your read on mac
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:16 pm
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm

The first one.

Okay then (a) why are you using ultra as a frame of reference for MM (b) that looks more like a tinfoil rather than a derp!town consideration (c) why doesnt he ask scum team for clarification regarding his kill instead of posting the numbers itt

Like i had a reason to view it as less town and figured we’d mindmeld on it but we didnt

Point is that it looks like words for the sake of words. Like he’s doing something rather than just twiddling thumbs
Well yeah no I agree with you on that. Maybe this wasn't clear but I suspect him for focusing on mechanics as a reason in itself, not just because of specific things I saw as scummy. Even if I didn't have those little pings (which like you said are pretty circumstantial) I suspect him for the mechanics talk as a general trend.
I need a thonk emoji

Like the thinking emoji but derpy :ponder:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yeah, that Felicity role is pretty sweet, I've rarely seen the like. Menace, are you suggesting we collaborate on power role use?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 pm

I suspect Matahari.
Let's start with this
I did not see this.

Expound
It comes from familiarity with Epignosis as a player. When he is mafia, he comes with a plan. I perceive him as a player who comes into the game with a calculated direction when bad.
When he's town I think he's more receptive to the thread. The might mean he takes a lighthearted approach at times to get people to react. Announcing a suspicion on a player who hadn't showed up yet strikes me more as Casual Reaction Baiting Epi than Coldblooded Calculated Epi.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:18 pm Yeah, that Felicity role is pretty sweet, I've rarely seen the like. Menace, are you suggesting we collaborate on power role use?
Hello!

Can i assume you’ve caught up?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:17 pm

A reminder:

Because
What's your read on mac
Town
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:18 pm
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 pm

I suspect Matahari.
Let's start with this
I did not see this.

Expound
It comes from familiarity with Epignosis as a player. When he is mafia, he comes with a plan. I perceive him as a player who comes into the game with a calculated direction when bad.
When he's town I think he's more receptive to the thread. The might mean he takes a lighthearted approach at times to get people to react. Announcing a suspicion on a player who hadn't showed up yet strikes me more as Casual Reaction Baiting Epi than Coldblooded Calculated Epi.
I thought this was a read on Creature not Epi

But fair enough
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:18 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:18 pm Yeah, that Felicity role is pretty sweet, I've rarely seen the like. Menace, are you suggesting we collaborate on power role use?
Hello!

Can i assume you’ve caught up?
No way, not at all! :)
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:16 pm

This seems like potential backed-into-a-corner-word-salad of an explanation

could you elaborate on this in a clear matter
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mac's read on me feels desperate and sincere. It doesn't feel like he's trying to antagonize me, it just feels like he's wary of my activity. Therefore, Town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:19 pm

A reminder:

Because
What's your read on mac
Town
Why
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:19 pm

A reminder:

Because
What's your read on mac
Town
Why
the post above yours
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Day 0 begone!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei. World Flags Mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The most recent game I tinfoiled Sloonei in he was Mafia. So his attempt to discredit me is a joke.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:20 pm Mac's read on me feels desperate and sincere. It doesn't feel like he's trying to antagonize me, it just feels like he's wary of my activity. Therefore, Town.
Desperate?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:24 pm The most recent game I tinfoiled Sloonei in he was Mafia.
What about the other games?
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:20 pm Mac's read on me feels desperate and sincere. It doesn't feel like he's trying to antagonize me, it just feels like he's wary of my activity. Therefore, Town.
Transparency - I might have taken issue if you said scum, depending on what you said. But I'm not trying to put you in a catch 22 situation

But I have to question your motive for calling a town's sanity into question with the tinfoiling accusation. Because if you are scum and cannot find a good angle to cast suspicion on him, that is your next best move.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:23 pm Sloonei. World Flags Mafia.
Bastard Game. :meany:

happened after IASIP too. But whatever. Doesn't change anything about the fact that you tinfoil me every game. You can keep doing it, I just want to make sure we're aware of the frequency of it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”