Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:52 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:27 pm
Okay. And why is that scummy again?
It's scummy because a scum quin following a lynch of teammate jay, in a game where his teammates may already under fire, and so many players are difficult to accuse because of the general civvie-trust vibes of the thread, when being asked what his suspects are, might quickly respond with listing two suspected players who aren't on his team.

Why me and Eloh? Why not Cbob or speedchuck or sog or LC. Why specifically list those two players? You weren't specifically asked for 2 suspects.
Reaching
That's what I said! Except I didn't actually say it. :noble:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:54 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:52 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:27 pm
Okay. And why is that scummy again?
It's scummy because a scum quin following a lynch of teammate jay, in a game where his teammates may already under fire, and so many players are difficult to accuse because of the general civvie-trust vibes of the thread, when being asked what his suspects are, might quickly respond with listing two suspected players who aren't on his team.

Why me and Eloh? Why not Cbob or speedchuck or sig or LC. Why specifically list those two players? You weren't specifically asked for 2 suspects.
Reaching
Do you think that Quin is a civ?
I think it's very possible, if not probable. 60% chance of civ. Around the same as you. But I do need to reread at some point.

Has nothing to do with that post I quoted, though. Even if Quin is scum, that post is a stretch.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sorry, I guess it's reaching to point out Quin being reserved about listing suspects and to speculate about why he might be doing so. My mistake.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Tbh the way Quin kinda just tagged malakim on as an afterthought when Kyle asked who he might vote for today was super fishy. I'm inclined to go through with the mal lynch today and if he does indeed flip bad Quin will most likely be next on my priority list.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:02 pm Tbh the way Quin kinda just tagged malakim on as an afterthought when Kyle asked who he might vote for today was super fishy. I'm inclined to go through with the mal lynch today and if he does indeed flip bad Quin will most likely be next on my priority list.
Why was malakim an afterthought?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Because you had previously listed Kyle and eloh, but then this time you decided to add malakim since he's getting lynched. Beep beep the bus is here
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

And the part where I've already explained my suspicion of malakim - where did that go?
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:08 pm And the part where I've already explained my suspicion of malakim - where did that go?
I'm on mobile rn so can't easily iso, but if you're just referring to your response to Kyle above, that doesn't count because it came after. I'll look later into what you may or may not have said about malakim at earlier stages.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Let me tell you something about my meta, nutella.

Pretty much the only thing I know how to do in mafia is be genuine. I can only play by those standards. My suspicions are authentic or they are nothing. I don't say someone looks bad unless they look bad. When nobody looks bad, I say nobody looks bad. If you ever think I've made something up, reconsider. Because "making things up" is not something I care to do, and not something I'm confident I can do.

That is how I play mafia, both as a civilian and as scum.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

None of what you just said contradicts any of the reasons I suspect you. I am not doubting that you now think mal looks bad. I am just wondering if you are his teammate and decided it was time to admit that he looks bad.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:49 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:45 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:44 pm Hey.... Quin? I also wanna hear your thoughts on LC, Cbob, and Sig too.
Maybe later.
:sigh:
Since you seem to have time now can you respond to this? I don't care if your responses aren't well researched I just want to know what your stance is on those 3 particular gentlemen from what you remember taking place in the thread
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:20 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:44 pm Hey.... Quin? I also wanna hear your thoughts on LC, Cbob, and Sig too.
Maybe later.
Since you seem to have time now can you respond to this? I don't care if your responses aren't well researched I just want to know what your stance is on those 3 particular gentlemen from what you remember taking place in the thread
I didn't decline from lack of time. But, if you insist.

LC made me feel good.
bob made me feel good.
sig is bad if we're still entertaining the 'all scum were inactive until Day 3' theory.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:58 pm Sorry, I guess it's reaching to point out Quin being reserved about listing suspects and to speculate about why he might be doing so. My mistake.
Oh, don't do this. Don't be that guy. I'm not even suspecting you for this in particular, but if you're going to be that guy, I'll break it down.
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 pm It's scummy because a scum quin following a lynch of teammate jay, in a game where his teammates may already under fire, and so many players are difficult to accuse because of the general civvie-trust vibes of the thread, when being asked what his suspects are, might quickly respond with listing two suspected players who aren't on his team.

Why me and Eloh? Why not Cbob or speedchuck or sog or LC. Why specifically list those two players? You weren't specifically asked for 2 suspects.
The first paragraph is reasoning through Quin's motives. That's fine. I mean, if you were to ask me who I suspected at this particular point in the game, I could respond in 5 seconds with my top 2 scum reads. Easy. So while your reasoning for motive might be correct, it is at least equally likely that the opposite motive is correct.

But rather than add extra evidence to support your read of Quin's inner thoughts and motives, you double down in paragraph 2.
"Why me and eloh?" Fair question.
"Why not Cbob or speedchuck or sog or LC?" I dunno, why WOULD he suspect those out of the blue? What are you expecting?
"Why specifically list those two players?" Either they are his two prime suspects, or he's listing them out of convenience. Again, what are you expecting?
"You weren't specifically asked for 2 suspects." And now you're acting like the number matters. If you wanted a rainbow, you should have asked.

I don't read this line of questioning as scummy, necessarily. Townies can tunnel too. But don't get sarcastic with me when I say that your argument is reaching. Find some substance somewhere else.

Speculating Quin's motives is fine. Questioning Quin about being reserved is fine. But that second line of questions, based off of a couple of innocuous reads, is reaching. Or, at least, it is until Epi comes in here and tells me there's a more accurate word for what you're doing with that second paragraph.

I considered for a second labeling this as off-topic, but IDK. Others might find your reaching questions to be a scum indicator. So long as you're buzzing Quin, though, do you have any other evidences to support this Quin mindset? Preferably from another post?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:17 pm Let me tell you something about my meta, nutella.

Pretty much the only thing I know how to do in mafia is be genuine. I can only play by those standards. My suspicions are authentic or they are nothing. I don't say someone looks bad unless they look bad. When nobody looks bad, I say nobody looks bad. If you ever think I've made something up, reconsider. Because "making things up" is not something I care to do, and not something I'm confident I can do.

If this were word-for-word true then you'd go through every mafia roll game suspecting no one at all.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:24 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:17 pm Let me tell you something about my meta, nutella.

If this were word-for-word true then you'd go through every mafia roll game suspecting no one at all.
That is, in fact, how I play every mafia game when bad.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I've been pretty vocal about my suspicions. Reserved is never a word to describe me here.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:30 pm You, Eloh and malakim.
Talk about bob
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:24 pm*a bunch of stuff you said*
My sarcasm was in response to your "reaching". It added nothing.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:27 pm I've been pretty vocal about my suspicions. Reserved is never a word to describe me here.
In this particular game, are you being vocal about suspicions or vocal about people looking bad?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:30 pm
The questions at the end of that post also weren't evidence? They were questions for Quin to answer.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:23 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:20 pm
Maybe later.
I didn't decline from lack of time. But, if you insist.

LC made me feel good.
bob made me feel good.
sig is bad if we're still entertaining the 'all scum were inactive until Day 3' theory.
if you don't mind I'd like an expanded version of this later
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Neither did your sarcasm. :dark:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:36 pm
The questions at the end of that post also weren't evidence? They were questions for Quin to answer.
My bad, I guess. I assumed those were rhetorical, seeing as how you ended with a statement and not a question.
[mention]Quin[/mention], you should answer this dudes questions.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

please don't point out my grammar or syntax mistakes, i already have a D in this online class and if Epi notices I might get an F :(
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:51 pm please don't point out my grammar or syntax mistakes, i already have a D in this online class and if Epi notices I might get an F :(
:haha:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:48 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:36 pm
My bad, I guess. I assumed those were rhetorical, seeing as how you ended with a statement and not a question.
Quin, you should answer this dudes questions.
I did.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ok

So does anyone NOT want to lynch malakim?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by Kylemii »

malakim2099 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:57 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:54 am
malakim2099 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:52 am Well, I freely admit to being suckered.

Though I will say when you lynch me tomorrow you are gonna be very disappointed.

And yeah, I don't know if there's a term for getting suckered into playing defense but that's how I feel atm.
Stop whining about votes that haven't even been made and start hunting scum.

Fuck you. I am.
This is Mal's most recent post 56 hours ago
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Or however many hours there are between 7am Saturday and 3pm Monday.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

From what I know of Quin, he is being 100% honest in this post.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

nutella wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:19 pm None of what you just said contradicts any of the reasons I suspect you. I am not doubting that you now think mal looks bad. I am just wondering if you are his teammate and decided it was time to admit that he looks bad.
And this is a great response.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

How does Malakim usually do under pressure?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Kyle, correct. He wouldn't suspect anyone. But he would see players who LOOK bad and can call them out on it evwn though he knows they're civ. I play the exact same way. I very rarely lie in mafia games.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I'm okay with a mal vote. I always thought he could have replaced in as mafia. I know someone said it was disrespectful to marmot to look into the mechanics like that, but I don't think it is.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:13 pm I'm okay with a mal vote. I always thought he could have replaced in as mafia. I know someone said it was disrespectful to marmot to look into the mechanics like that, but I don't think it is.
It was me, and I think there was something different in the context.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

I'm doing school work sorry guys but this caught my attention (I skim the thread every hour)
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:00 pm
malakim2099 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:52 am Well, I freely admit to being suckered.

Though I will say when you lynch me tomorrow you are gonna be very disappointed.

And yeah, I don't know if there's a term for getting suckered into playing defense but that's how I feel atm.

Fuck you. I am.
I know I thought it was playful initially, but looking back at it now and considering it was Mal's last post.....I don't like it. :confused2:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:11 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Kyle, correct. He wouldn't suspect anyone. But he would see players who LOOK bad and can call them out on it evwn though he knows they're civ. I play the exact same way. I very rarely lie in mafia games.
mmm, thanks.

so the difference becomes calling out bad behavior and calling out behavior that is perceivable as bad.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:16 pm I'm doing school work sorry guys but this caught my attention (I skim the thread every hour)
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:00 pm

Fuck you. I am.
I know I thought it was playful initially, but looking back at it now and considering it was Mal's last post.....I don't like it. :confused2:
Something aggressively dry about it. Not in a "I'm scum, you've angered me" sort of way, more of a "I have 3000 posts to read to be able to do that and already some people are calling for my lynch so why bother, fuck off"
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

or is that the empathy in me talking again?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ok bai ttyl
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I went back to look for Mal's posts about Jay
malakim2099 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:07 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:25 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:10 am I don't think J is bad with Dunya or Quin.

Bad Jimmy and bad Quin don't team up to save bad Dom. That's really dangerous for little return, given Dom has been inactive.

I still think Wuin is good.
Disagree. The first death being a mafia death is very bad thing for mafia. Bad Quin has cover from pushing after lasagne from the beginning, plus it's easier to justify votes swapping around in a CFD type EOD. I mean heck Sloonei voted with JJJ and I'm almost positive they're not w/w. I think JJJ/Quin/Dom w/w/w is still very much on the table.

(Plus little return isn't necessarily true. He could be Sutter Buttes, or Gwendol Wreakin's kill might be special in some way. And if his teammates can submit an action for him, doubly so.)
The bolded is not. I can tell you that. But of course I'd tell you that. :haha:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 pm What are the reasons we are all voting for Jay today?
Who's suspect #2 after him?
I'd lynch one of Kyle/Dunya/Jack/Bob/Sig/Eloh.

I don't want to lynch Malakim today. Give him time to breathe. Day 5 onwards is fair game tho.

But above all, I wanna follow up on the case I made last night. Jay's playstyle in this game is weird as fuck. He needs to be lynched for that. Or be forced to defend himself. So far his defense has been pitiful.
I've never really played a game with JJJ before (co-modded with Mass Effect, and he dropped for inactivity in SF when we were scumbrothers) so could you say where your Masterpiece summary was (or quote it)? Still catching up on the thread* so I haven't had a chance to really dive in. I'm getting there though!

* I know I know I know, but you guys posted a LOT okay?!? :omg:
malakim2099 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:10 pm Well, I'm honestly leaning towards voting JJJ because I disliked his... I guess you could call it defense? Plus there seems to be a prevalent "JJJ is mal's scumbuddy" theory out there. Though I'm not going to drop a vote yet, if only because I'm going to be around before the end of the day phase (barring catastrophic weirdness), so I will be back by then.

Oh, and passed the written test, so got my MN DL. Woot! Now to wait 3-4 weeks for the bloody thing.

Also, Get Out is freaking amazing. Love that movie (own it on Bluray).
malakim2099 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:34 am
So yeah, I feel like I'm getting pinned into a place where if I don't read the thread's full backlog and post something that misses what JJJ said on page 47 I'm scummy... but if I don't say much substantive and post very little of real accusations... I'm scummy. This is making me cranky, if you can't already tell.

*snip*

JJJ, I'm actually thinking now that he's no longer being nihilistic that he's more town. I like his ISO work. Honestly, if he had dropped a vote on me after doing the ISO of me? I'd respect that a lot more than DDL or Wilgy as he had actual reasoning behind it.

Not sure on the others, though with only having one game under my belt (and that was as scum), I'm a little leery of dunya. But I think that's mostly because I feel put on the defensive here. I'm a little leery of CBob, especially after JJJ's ISO, but JoH... JackO is hard for me to read, darnit. I've seen him act this way as town OR mafia.
he then voted for doctor wilgy and then later switched to speedchuck

After that was his "fuck you" post.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Mal's been under lynch pressure since he was born into this thread. Has anyone played a game with Mal under similar conditions?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

This place is too quiet and all the chatter I see is centered around the easiest target in the thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I agree, I'm going back to Wilgy before reading into your Bob case, Sloonei.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sorry all, busy Monday. Will be catching up over the next couple of hours (although dinner is in there too).
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:51 pm Last but not least, anyone who doesn't vote colonialbob is literally the Grinch.
You mean initially they were mean and grumpy and going to vote for me but then they realized the true meaning of Christmas and that I'm town and their heart grew three sizes and everybody loved them?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I really don't like the tone of mal in his last post, and feel unfair to lynch him without hearing something from him.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 pm Mal's been under lynch pressure since he was born into this thread. Has anyone played a game with Mal under similar conditions?
Yeah man. I used to be the replacement king.

My games didn't have this many posts though.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Malakim is suspected for more than one reason. To not lynch him because of guilt is ridiculous. But sure, talk about someone else.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:49 pm Another question for people who are good at analyzing this sort of thing: Why might Jack have been killed? He was still on a lot of people's radar and has been a controversial figure for much of the game.

He was after myself and Quin most recently, as well as malakim.
That was pretty surprising to me too. But I'm not in the habit of trying to analyze mafia kills, for one because WIFOM but mostly because I come from power madness setups so usually mafia is trying to leverage their info to take out town power roles.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:32 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 pm Mal's been under lynch pressure since he was born into this thread. Has anyone played a game with Mal under similar conditions?
Yeah man. I used to be the replacement king.

My games didn't have this many posts though.
How does this Mal compare to the previous Mal's?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”