Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Re: Fargo Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Esooa »

do I need to explain my read?
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:52 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:39 pm I simply cannot bring myself to give even the slightest fuck about a slot that has hard committed to sheeping Mac/Alison/their legacy if they die, played a notable role in Marmot's death, and has an ongoing godread/townshield on them by Mac. There is a long, long list of names to go before I am interested in casting suspicion on that slot and I will die several billion day phases before then. So Hally is not and will probably never be my problem.
Is this something you feel is happening now? To which player(s)?
This was a direct response to me bringing up my suspicion of Hally.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 1748
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:52 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:52 pm i already have over 200 posts. but i feel like i have a lot less. weird
i love that you have more posts than me in a single day of being here :P
seems par for the course :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 678
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:44 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:39 pm I simply cannot bring myself to give even the slightest fuck about a slot that has hard committed to sheeping Mac/Alison/their legacy if they die, played a notable role in Marmot's death, and has an ongoing godread/townshield on them by Mac. There is a long, long list of names to go before I am interested in casting suspicion on that slot and I will die several billion day phases before then. So Hally is not and will probably never be my problem.
Red - Why does this earn them townie points?
Green - Why does this matter if it's multiball? (Emphasis on If there. Unless I've missed something, we still don't actually know that it's multiball)
Blue - Why does Mac's read get so much weight?
Red - because it locks them into following a town agenda and not a scum one, and makes it tricky for them to find a viable path to endgame.

Green - it's not the only factor weighing into them being town, but a conglomeration of factors. Just on a numbers basis alone, if there are two possible wolf teams and you are incompatible with one, then you are half as likely to be wolf as some random player who is compatible with both teams. As for the multiball thing, Marmot a) directly claimed it was multiball and gave us his legacy on who he thought was in the other wolf team and b) flipped a specific mafia team rather than just "mafia" - worth noting that there are two "mafia teams" in the Fargo show and he flipped one of them.

Blue - I respect godreads. If someone is good at reading someone else and they are very sure about it, I give that significant consideration. I had a godread on Oddmerta and I was right. I have had godreads on a few people in the past against thread consensus and was right every time (Martin in Grasslands, Bluestar in G6, etc). When you are good at understanding someone, you are good at it. I give huge weight to your read on Jay for this reason.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 326

Post by falcon45ca »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 pm put me on your locktown list for a good time
That's mildly suggestive young lady. Do your parents know you're behaving this way?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Esooa wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:53 pm do I need to explain my read?
well i won’t force you
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:53 pm
How do you feel about that?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:53 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:52 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:52 pm i already have over 200 posts. but i feel like i have a lot less. weird
i love that you have more posts than me in a single day of being here :P
i am actually confused by how low my post count is. i feel like i am constantly posting in this thread but i have significantly lower posts than the majority of active players.

that's unrelated to anything important but it's weird!
It's because everyone was masturbating over how amazing the consensus town was and how obviously scummy the POE was. Then it turned out that the POE did in fact flip a wolf D1 and of course this intensified their behavior by an order of magnitude, except now they have the excuse that they are looking for Marmot interactions to justify it.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by staypositivefriend »

BoKnows wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:08 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:06 am
BoKnows wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:02 am AL_sama - null
BoKnows - Town
fingersplints - low-hanging
JPIC - null
KZA - low-hanging
Long Con - low-hanging
Marmot - null
tedxtr - null

I don't have a solid scum suspect yet, but Oddmerta is starting to cross my mind
Thanks for your response. I'm still wiggling them around in the old noodle. The old pasta.
For what it's worth everyone I marked with null I haven't seen much or any of their posts.
this post is sort of blatantly a lie because boknows had commented on marmot's posts several times at this point, and even outed an early townread on him

not sure if that means anything for bo's alignment or not
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:54 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 pm put me on your locktown list for a good time
That's mildly suggestive young lady. Do your parents know you're behaving this way?
hey, for all you know a good time means playing scramble. get your mind out of the gutter :p
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:45 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:44 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:42 pm How about everyone come up with a list of names that you'd be willing to bet the game on being town? It can be as big or as small as you like. I'll start.

JaggedJimmyJay
MacDougall
Michelle
Strawhenge
-jjj
+spf/you
Why -JJJ, why +SPF? Do you have concerns about JJJ?
bump
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

err, scrabble. not scramble. you get what i meant
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:57 pm
BoKnows - Town
JPIC - null
KZA - low-hanging
Long Con - low-hanging
Marmot - null
tedxtr - null

I don't have a solid scum suspect yet, but Oddmerta is starting to cross my mind
Thanks for your response. I'm still wiggling them around in the old noodle. The old pasta.
For what it's worth everyone I marked with null I haven't seen much or any of their posts.
this post is sort of blatantly a lie because boknows had commented on marmot's posts several times at this point, and even outed an early townread on him

I don't see how BK gains by lying about this as scum. It's trivially easy to just say "idk Marmot's posts didn't inspire feelings in me and my early townread was just the usual exaggeration of early reads to get the ball rolling. I don't really have a strong take on him rn so he's null" to dodge giving a read on Marmot. I am inclined to think it is just forgetfulness.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:57 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:42 pm How about everyone come up with a list of names that you'd be willing to bet the game on being town? It can be as big or as small as you like. I'll start.

JaggedJimmyJay
MacDougall
Michelle
Strawhenge
-jjj
+spf/you
bump
no

Honestly I'm probably not going to try at all until *maybe* a few more day phases. I don't need to and I hate multiball :shrug:
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:54 pm Red - because it locks them into following a town agenda and not a scum one, and makes it tricky for them to find a viable path to endgame.
If they're truly sticking to this for the duration of the game, then their path to the end game is simply maintaining a position in the good graces of the town. I doubt we will truly see Hally sheep other players for the duration of the game regardless of their alignment anyway.
Green - it's not the only factor weighing into them being town, but a conglomeration of factors. Just on a numbers basis alone, if there are two possible wolf teams and you are incompatible with one, then you are half as likely to be wolf as some random player who is compatible with both teams. As for the multiball thing, Marmot a) directly claimed it was multiball and gave us his legacy on who he thought was in the other wolf team and b) flipped a specific mafia team rather than just "mafia" - worth noting that there are two "mafia teams" in the Fargo show and he flipped one of them.
Groovy re: the multiball stuff.
Blue - I respect godreads. If someone is good at reading someone else and they are very sure about it, I give that significant consideration. I had a godread on Oddmerta and I was right. I have had godreads on a few people in the past against thread consensus and was right every time (Martin in Grasslands, Bluestar in G6, etc). When you are good at understanding someone, you are good at it. I give huge weight to your read on Jay for this reason.
I just am not sure I would assign "Godread" status to Mac's read on Hally. I don't know what their level of experience together is.
And anyway, my read is more about tutuu than Hally. That's not to say I won't be factoring in Hally's contributions or the reads on them, but... I have mostly not read the thread since Hally showed up, and tutuu was a person of interest for me when I was up to date.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

my role if pretty funny maybe I'll just claim so I can be killed
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:53 pm
How do you feel about that?
Morose, Dr. Falcon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 669
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:58 pm
lock town
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Esooa wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:00 am my role if pretty funny maybe I'll just claim so I can be killed
wait no i wanna be killed. pick me wolves. don’t listen to esooa
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:59 pm
BoKnows - Town
JPIC - null
KZA - low-hanging
Long Con - low-hanging
Marmot - null
tedxtr - null

I don't see how BK gains by lying about this as scum. It's trivially easy to just say "idk Marmot's posts didn't inspire feelings in me and my early townread was just the usual exaggeration of early reads to get the ball rolling. I don't really have a strong take on him rn so he's null" to dodge giving a read on Marmot. I am inclined to think it is just forgetfulness.
i would argue that this specific type of forgetfulness is more likely to come from a wolf than not, because wolves usually have trouble carrying an internal thought process about other players in the long term. it's easier for wolves to forget the stances they took earlier in the thread and accidentally contradict themselves

but i agree that this is probably unintentional regardless of bo's alignment
Alison

Post by Alison »

Mac claimed the godread on tutuu not Hally. Mac has good experience with tutuu and has generally good reads on tutuu that I can remember. Mac has also said directly he considers his read a godread and has refused to budge on it the whole game. Basically Mac has good reasons for townreading the tutuu slot and is pretty adamant about it, and I have no inclination to fight him.

You're correct that Hally probably won't sheep our legacy until the end of the game but... in the short term they have to knuckle under to us if they are mafia, in which case we're just going to catch as many scum as possible and then get blasted in the night. And then once we're gone if you find yourself in a gamestate where Hally needs to be sorted, you can bring up this grievance again.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I have a legitimately insanely broken effect
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:02 am i would argue that this specific type of forgetfulness is more likely to come from a wolf than not, because wolves usually have trouble carrying an internal thought process about other players in the long term. it's easier for wolves to forget the stances they took earlier in the thread and accidentally contradict themselves

but i agree that this is probably unintentional regardless of bo's alignment
For a player that has been described as "irreverent and goofy" and "typically low activity", I suspect it is possible to come from town them.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:02 am I have a legitimately insanely broken effect
Same to be honest. Mine might be the strongest town role I've seen in a mafia forum game that didn't involve killing people.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 468
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

I think for the sake of my brain being able to make it through the rest of this game, I think I need to take some time away from reading. I remember my capacity for midgame burnout back in my mafia prime; I for sure need to pay attention to how I'm feeling now.

Until D2, though, if anyone has any questions or concerns they want me to address, tag me and I'll at least check those.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Strawhenge wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:04 am I think for the sake of my brain being able to make it through the rest of this game, I think I need to take some time away from reading. I remember my capacity for midgame burnout back in my mafia prime; I for sure need to pay attention to how I'm feeling now.

Until D2, though, if anyone has any questions or concerns they want me to address, tag me and I'll at least check those.
#downwithketchup
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:04 am
Esooa wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:02 am I have a legitimately insanely broken effect
Same to be honest. Mine might be the strongest town role I've seen in a mafia forum game that didn't involve killing people.
oh cool. I'll use my one of my powers on you then
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 399

Post by MacDougall »

Alison baiting the shit out of the NK lol
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

esooa is a villager
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I don't speak Russian, but that dancing def looks like something even I could do
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 am esooa is a villager
why
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 am Alison baiting the shit out of the NK lol
everyone wants to die lol
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Esooa wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:08 am
why
became your role pm says so
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:10 am
Esooa wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:08 am
why
became your role pm says so
you weren't supposed to see that
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 669
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 am
I don't speak Russian, but that dancing def looks like something even I could do
I want to see that
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

BoKnows - Town
JPIC - null
KZA - low-hanging
Long Con - low-hanging
Marmot - null
tedxtr - null

It's actually a sign he's town. He's not taking the game as seriously, if he were Maf he'd be paying more attention to those kind of things.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Esooa wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:59 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:57 pm

JaggedJimmyJay
MacDougall
Michelle
Strawhenge
-jjj
+spf/you
bump
no

Honestly I'm probably not going to try at all until *maybe* a few more day phases. I don't need to and I hate multiball :shrug:
Esooa wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:00 am my role if pretty funny maybe I'll just claim so I can be killed
Esooa wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:06 am
Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:04 am
oh cool. I'll use my one of my powers on you then
this sequence of posts does not come from a wolf
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

KZA wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:10 am
I want to see that
The dancing or me not speaking Russian? I can only do 1 at a time
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 am Alison baiting the shit out of the NK lol
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:11 am
KZA wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:10 am
I want to see that
The dancing or me not speaking Russian? I can only do 1 at a time
Does this mean that every moment you're not dancing, you are speaking Russian?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

these people are my villagers (multiball caveat, ya da ya da)

mac
alison
odd
jay
spf
esooa
straw

i might add falcon and michelle. i hesitate to add anyone else
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:19 am these people are my villagers (multiball caveat, ya da ya da)

mac
alison
odd
jay
spf
esooa
straw

:meany:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:21 am
Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:19 am these people are my villagers (multiball caveat, ya da ya da)

mac
alison
odd
jay
spf
esooa
straw

:meany:
:goofp:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

in my heart i still feel that sloonei is a villager
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i feel weird about my list. if my list is actually pure the game should be very easy. maybe this is another radiohead and we just got an insanely good rand but it feels almost too good to be true
Alison

Post by Alison »

Look the CFCers all have some degree of trust on each other.

All of them have at least something concrete going for them. The scummiest among the trio is KZA and we've ruled him out as a Marmot teammate anyway. How about we provisionally trust all three for now, sort out other slots, and then come back in 2 or 3 days and see what results the three musketeers have produced. If they have produced pelts we continue to trust them. If they have not we slam them into the hard POE and don't look back.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:22 am in my heart i still feel that sloonei is a villager
smeart heart
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:22 am in my heart i still feel that sloonei is a villager
i want to believe but i give mac’s read a lot of weight
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

how am i meant to reconcile jay saying sloonei is a villager and mac saying he’s not? they know sloonei equally well but don’t have the same read

jay and mac, maybe try to hash this out between yourselves?

Return to “Previous Jobs”