U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 4 )

Moderator: Community Team

Who will it be now?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Apogee
No votes
beeboy
No votes
cayvie
8%
DaisyCloud
No votes
DDL
No votes
Justplayingitcool
8%
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Sprityo
8%
Non-players
75%

Total votes: 12
Maple
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 743

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by Maple »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:03 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:30 am Mafia (There are 11 members of the Mafia)
^^This is neat information but I'm not sure to trust it since he is one of the people who have open-bunnied so far and I'm not sure if I like that:

Trustworthy Liberal #92
jumpluff #91 (among many other #'s)
Macdougal #93
iaafr #168
tedxtr #392 (soft bunny via Bugs Bunny)

Also Urist's profile gif may imply being a hydra:

[VOTE: Urist] aubergine
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:05 am Also hello to everyone!

I'm a newbie here, and this is my first rolemadness mash u-pick whatchamacallit, I've only begun playing about a month and a half ago in Forum Mafia.

If you need elaboration on my experience so far please ask me to clarify, otherwise I'm not sure if that would be useful given the distinctly different environment here
Entrance, wondering if that bit about the setup is real conjecture or if they're joking around. Not sure how that would impact my read either way honestly.

Not a fan of the entrance but they're a newbie and I think that's what's doing it.
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:12 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:07 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:05 am Also hello to everyone!

I'm a newbie here, and this is my first rolemadness mash u-pick whatchamacallit, I've only begun playing about a month and a half ago in Forum Mafia.

If you need elaboration on my experience so far please ask me to clarify, otherwise I'm not sure if that would be useful given the distinctly different environment here
What is the context that lead you to look out for hydras of all things in a game like this.

I'm curious.

What is the sad backstory here. Did a hydra destroy your village when you were a kid?
I quite like making jokes out of people's gifs that may imply that they're hydra or breaking the rules. Last time I did it was to a player on MU called "GreenCatKid" who posts gifs with cats occasionally and one time he posted a gif with two cats reacting at the same time.

Also my homesite "SC2Mafia" supposedly bans the word Hyrda and replaces it with Archon/Hybrid (Starcraft II themed stuffs)

Also if there is a bunny bloc, a cat bloc, and whatever addtional blocs to form, I would choose cats because having possibly 2 players to post on one account is an obvious advantage
i honestly have no clue wtf this guy is talking about lol
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:16 pm Did the thread just die for an hour in a game with 52 people?

I guess we all must have night abilities we're itching to use or something similar.
Yeah SC2 player
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:08 pm Bothers me that their name is similar to "xalt", has 2 votes on people, and only 1 post here.

ITA = Exalt
Huh

Bizarre
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:07 pm
PunchyTheCat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:55 pm ITA2 Spicy Shots
Urist - Rej - [/color]HIT, Town Doctor/Vig thing (cool role)
Poison - Timsup2nothin - MISS
iaafr - motel room - HIT, Town Odd Night Somewhat Guilty Vigilante
WerewolfHunter - Xalt - MISS
MartinGG99 - Exalt - HIT, Town Role Cop?
DaisyCloud - funnygirl55 - HIT, Mafia Mikey Sub Out Traveller Thing
Marcher Jovian - sprityo - MISS
Long Con - NANOOK - Refunded/failed
jumpluff - Long Con - MISS
SilverKeith - Ephemeral - MISS
Adam - AWESOME-O - MISS

there's 5+ wolves in this
Look, I don't really think who shoots, so long as its not on the veto list, is AI tbh.

One of the things I feel some people are forgetting as of the past hour or two is that this is a game for fun, mostly.

Assuming I've been paying attention, nobody knew about the d1-only ITA's until this game started.

Its possible he thought of the ITA events after distributing the roles, in order to make the game more fun for people. After all, he did mention possibly passive roles in the thread OP if I recall correctly.

Personally, I don't like how it turned out, but maybe that's because I'm approaching this a little bit too seriously despite knowing this is supposed to be a "for fun" game.

I'm kinda struggling here to speak out here tbh because it feels like there's 50-ish pairs of eyes on me.

My point is, though, sometimes people will do or say things because they are people, and that this is a more "for fun" game.

Not because of their alignment.
What's interesting here is the defense of the general play, rather than the self. That makes this come off as more measured and wolfy: it's not them talking about how they fucked up and killed a townie or blah blah blah the usual newbie mash crap. They're talking about how everyone in a subset of players (which they happen to be a part of) aren't wolfy despite for the mostpart being somewhat more in the red zone of the vigi chart.

The usual "yolo shots were just for fun" argument as well. I dislike this reaction, overall. That his reason is actually untrue and he revises it later furthers this.
MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:01 pm So, I looked through Poison's ISO, and here are most of my thoughts on him, or at least on things that are or may be AI.
Spoiler: show
One of the things I'm wondering is why he choose Tim over Maple when he said this earlier:
Poison Chan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:51 am I'm probably shooting Tim/maple in the next ITA.
(Big quote below)
Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:27 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:46 am
Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:45 am
PunchyTheCat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:55 pm ITA2 Spicy Shots
Urist - Rej - [/color]HIT, Town Doctor/Vig thing (cool role)
Poison - Timsup2nothin - MISS
iaafr - motel room - HIT, Town Odd Night Somewhat Guilty Vigilante
WerewolfHunter - Xalt - MISS
MartinGG99 - Exalt - HIT, Town Role Cop?
DaisyCloud - funnygirl55 - HIT, Mafia Mikey Sub Out Traveller Thing
Marcher Jovian - sprityo - MISS
Long Con - NANOOK - Refunded/failed
jumpluff - Long Con - MISS
SilverKeith - Ephemeral - MISS
Adam - AWESOME-O - MISS

there's 5+ wolves in this
Ok so this. Urist was bad to randomly shoot rej out of nowhere will iso him then Martin maybe.

@jumpluff why long con?

Also I would like to iso Adam later.
The thing that is bad about Urist's shot is that he hit a townie. Bad luck that with (probably) shots that were on wolves missing the shot that hits was that one...but the fact that it hit doesn't automatically make it more wolfy than any other shot targeting a townie.

Yours, for example.

I understand that the only person that knows I am a townie is me. But the town makes a shot list and a veto list for a reason. It keeps wolves from being able to just plink away as they see fit because we know that their preference is going to be to shoot townies. By ignoring the lists a townie provides cover for wolves. So in that regard Urist's shot, while having unfortunate results, was not as "bad" as yours.

I shot at you specifically because you committed ahead of time that you were going to take a bad shot and nothing snort of killing you was going to stop you.

So here's the thing...I don't like Hank's role. If he is a wolf he is always going to target town, and maybe he already has. If he is town he doesn't seem to be following the game closely enough to make good choices consistently. Either way I am unlikely to cry over his demise.

However, I shot at you for a good reason, so I can't pretend that I would cry over your demise either. Unless...you get it. Show me that you understand the point of the lists, and agree to abide by them. I'm always gonna say wolfy shit anyway, so chances are good that if I live very long I'll wind up on the shot list and you can shoot at me then and feel good about it. But the town can't allow hero shotting townies that give cover to wolves.

Okay?

@Poison Chan
I'm really very sorry sir, and tbh, even if you shoot me again or make others shoot me I won't be following any lists which are made by unknown alignments cause nothing and no one is spewed town yet and it's day 1 and I don't trust those whom you have taken for a fact are TOWN, again.

The thing is, Idc about the list, in that list I'm boldly predicting at least 2-3 wolves are there . So if you really think I would be laying low for the sake of surviving a little more by listening to those blindly instead of scum hunting based on my reads and assumptions and intuitions then you are wrong.

The fact you have consistently said opposite about almost all my scum reads till now is concerning.

also, you don't have to cry over my demise, my ability flip would bring drama in your life.

He states early on with his plan to shoot Maple or Tim, but decides to go after Tim despite the fact that Maple was creating a veto list that included Tim in it? Why didn't he shoot Maple, especially if he were "boldly predicting" 2-3 wolves were in it?

Other than this, most of his other posts I don't feel particularly scummy or towny about.

His reactions to the first ITA window seemed a bit meme-y or silly and wanting to see "spicy" (If I'm using the term right?) things, at least from my PoV. His interactions on the 2nd ITA window seemed to be because of the first, so I'm not sure if I can call it scummy or suspicious that he acted a bit differently in comparison to the 1st and 2nd windows.
Poison Chan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:22 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:20 am ITA=TonyStarkPrime
I'm getting chills. You are interesting.
Also, in light of the Hank + Poison fight situation, I'm leaning towards Poison being thrown out if possible. I looked at Hank and I don't have any objections or negative thoughts about him so far. If mafia wanted to get rid of Poison Chan I feel they would've tried to wait and check out other routes to do that rather than just use a potentially back-firing ability before the first 24 hours of the game.
Poison push. This doesn't actually give me newbie vibes. This GG guy is either a pretty good new player, or at least has enough experience with like SC2 or ToS to have a grasp of how to peddle an argument.

That being said, the push on Poison doesn't really make sense to me. THe whole "maple+tim ITA shot" bit breaks down because 1) I got v peeked between those two points 2) ITAs are just fundamentally different in how you execute on them. I understand him not really getting point 2 (its weird and im sure only us who've played a bunch of mashes get what I mean) however, the laser focus on the whole ITA thing in that bit doesn't feel legit when sat next to their reasons for their own shots. Simple as that.
MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:43 pm
Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:23 pm Martin, I'll be answering according to your points, including the ones within the spoiler,

-why I chose to shoot Tim over maple when I said that earlier?
Maple was green checked by HK, a strongman cop iirc, the term, which was after Maple's Miller claim. Even though I scum read someone, I cannot totally overlook a mech check followed by the death of the claimed cop with redacted role.

-the veto list? I explained the veto list thing somewhat to tim before and the one you quoted, well why I chose tim over maple is written above and why I did not follow the veto list? Let's take an example, you are a town and you are scum reading me, now suddenly someone who has my meta say ted, vetos me, would you not go forward and take actions against me as a town when you are not sure whether ted is scum or town himself? @Timsup2nothin you read it too.

-ITAS
If you scroll up a bit you'll see my reply to Hyena about the ITA thing.

-hank/poison
I don't know what you meant by "thrown out" also, I think it's likely to be a TvT.

@MartinGG99 anything else?
@Poison Chan

Okay. I think they're perfectly acceptable reasons. I'm giving a response to each of them here:
-I forgot Maple was mech checked by hollowcat (I really need to make a list of notes for remembering context).

-In my personal experience though, I would go with the veto list given my inexperience (which ironically showed itself when I shot someone on the veto list...And that wasn't really even due to inexperience tbh). I wasn't really holding it against you for going against the veto list -- only that at the time I didn't know why you went Tim over Maple. Your ISO now, with the context of response/point #1 shows thought progression that I'm now not suspicious of.

-Point/Response #3 is related to Point #2 above. I didn't have an exact problem with the ITA's, but rather how you came to those conclusions. Obviously, I missed a few details in context (there are quite a large # of posts).

-What I meant by "thrown out" is the person who loses. Unless I'm unaware of some mechanic, IDK if its possible to save you both in the fight so it seems like it being "TvT" is irrelevant since now I have to judge you both on a relative level to decide who'll die.
As I said, the only points in there were my only issues. I don't like that one of yall have to die (Hank + Poison Chan). I'm bit indecisive at the moment for most people. I'll vote hank on a basis of "who may have more utility in the long run", and I don't think Hank is going have any long-game utility or content if he tunnels on you or other people like he did today. Once again, this is a relative determination, not whether I think you're both town or not.

Moving my single vote in accordance, unless @Hank has something to say that hasn't been discussed already?

[VOTE: Hank] aubergine
I don't want to keep talking about this specific point, but note the quick switch to Hank.

That's the end of it. I think this guy is a wolf. Discuss?
PunchyTheCat
The Mark
Posts in topic: 444
Preferred Pronouns: he/him (they/their is fine though)

Post by PunchyTheCat »

DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:55 pm
PunchyTheCat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:43 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:42 pm
PunchyTheCat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:31 pm i'm the odd night strongarm vig and i'm killing tim
whoa? hold ups. idk if this is true or not but suppose this isn't sime jk for laughs. why would you claim on day fricking one? even a jk claim??

either your:

a. mafia and don't care and expect counter claims.

b. mafia and expect reactions like mine that does nithibg for toen to advance the game nor for them to scum hunt properly. soo gg for being a poopy mafia

c. mafia who is bullet proof or something and want to bait out towns pr with kill action

d. mafia who wants town prs to waste actions protecting your sorry butt.

4. town and just being dumb. you probably could be giving cover for prs with what you think is. better pr then yours? ?? this isn't how you give cover

¿. town just memeing/jking for reactions. which is a horrible way to get reads.

!. none of the above. all of the above?

idk what you are doing. idk whst your deal is. if you are yown this is scummy.

it has nothing to do with that you chose tim. I'm assuming it's 100% random.

I know you been digging at tim for whatever reason last nite, but you was doing that to Keith and Ace for what seemed like no reasons too.
i'm

e. town and don't care and don't expect people to take this seriously

also you're town stop
I don't think I can because I think you are scum. but I do have the tiny voice in my head that says I'm wrong and you could be town too. maybe you are 3rd party and some form of jester. you seem to be pushing players for 0 reasons because maybe you think they are weaker players and you can get people to sheep you idk. I don't like your posts.

I'll table you for now to get better perspective.

idc if you think I'm town.
daisy i literally explained my sus on you a million times

and it happened to be wrong

woohoo
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:00 pm i blocked punchys avatar bc it makes me so inexplicably uncomfortable i hate it so much
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 826

Post by Timsup2nothin »

PunchyTheCat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:52 pm i don't know what the fuck i am doing so i will be sheeping maple unless i disagree
Just for the record, shooting me would specifically disagree with Maple as of now.

Also for the record in my one previous game with Punchy he played hyper paranoid about what literally everyone else in the town was reading as our towniest town...and then openwolf vigged said towniest town right in front of us. Much to my shame he fucking got away with it because his stubborn paranoia had seemed so real.

If he insists on going through with this, when I flip green kill him.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
jumpluff
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs

Post by jumpluff »

Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:52 pm alice, this was manti's list viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1929&p=646050#p646050
Ok

I aggresively agree with everything on that list except maybe xalt/Eph (and I'm deferring to him on Eph for the moment, and have yet to reread Xalt), so I think Maple would be safe to sheep as well, although he seems to be in isos atm

Logic I think needs to get yeeted but I'm not 100%

If you have time to read maybe check out DrWilgy, I posted a list of <50-posters last night for tedxtr/Insomnia that I'm planning to follow up on myself because there were a lot of them but most of them were just people in catchup mode so idk

If we're doing thunderdome park votes you could park your vote on one of those people as well (I'm currently voting Hank and would like to be able to move off him tbh)

What's a Denny's read I'm retired
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 100

Post by ColinIsCool »

Okay I’m 2 beers deep and I am sorry to disappoint but this might be a “pass out on the couch at 10:30” drunk rather than a “play Mafia and make funny posts” drunk
Adam_
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 196

Post by Adam_ »

i'll pop open DrWilgy iso and read it shortly
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

k sure martin can be a wolf
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:59 pm Okay I’m 2 beers deep and I am sorry to disappoint but this might be a “pass out on the couch at 10:30” drunk rather than a “play Mafia and make funny posts” drunk
understandable have a good night
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 725
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by DaisyCloud »

PunchyTheCat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:58 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:55 pm
PunchyTheCat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:43 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:42 pm
PunchyTheCat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:31 pm i'm the odd night strongarm vig and i'm killing tim
whoa? hold ups. idk if this is true or not but suppose this isn't sime jk for laughs. why would you claim on day fricking one? even a jk claim??

either your:

a. mafia and don't care and expect counter claims.

b. mafia and expect reactions like mine that does nithibg for toen to advance the game nor for them to scum hunt properly. soo gg for being a poopy mafia

c. mafia who is bullet proof or something and want to bait out towns pr with kill action

d. mafia who wants town prs to waste actions protecting your sorry butt.

4. town and just being dumb. you probably could be giving cover for prs with what you think is. better pr then yours? ?? this isn't how you give cover

¿. town just memeing/jking for reactions. which is a horrible way to get reads.

!. none of the above. all of the above?

idk what you are doing. idk whst your deal is. if you are yown this is scummy.

it has nothing to do with that you chose tim. I'm assuming it's 100% random.

I know you been digging at tim for whatever reason last nite, but you was doing that to Keith and Ace for what seemed like no reasons too.
i'm

e. town and don't care and don't expect people to take this seriously

also you're town stop
I don't think I can because I think you are scum. but I do have the tiny voice in my head that says I'm wrong and you could be town too. maybe you are 3rd party and some form of jester. you seem to be pushing players for 0 reasons because maybe you think they are weaker players and you can get people to sheep you idk. I don't like your posts.

I'll table you for now to get better perspective.

idc if you think I'm town.
daisy i literally explained my sus on you a million times

and it happened to be wrong

woohoo
never saw them so far as things go thus far they don't exist.
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 212
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

this isn't a fully coherent thought but martin gives me vague sherlip vibes

(for ppl for whom that means nothing dont worry about it it's p meaningless)

but yeah he could be a wolf
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Man 4 ISOs was way more work than I expected
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by ThisIsNotAceMarvel »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:54 pm Did Maple post any Logic thoughts? Probably the Logic thoughts I'm most interested in rn since he hasn't returned

(Ty @tedxtr)
Imo opinion Logic is 50% 50% from meta (not a lot, but some), but I have never played a mash before, entering the chat, too lzay to catch up, NAI, all is pretty much town, but what worries my is not a strong read as a closing argument.

If Logic gets mad at this is mafia.

how do you know this, I know how to annoy people, that is why I'm fresh to death!
I will try that later on to see if a get a better read.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:58 pm
PunchyTheCat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:52 pm i don't know what the fuck i am doing so i will be sheeping maple unless i disagree
Just for the record, shooting me would specifically disagree with Maple as of now.

Also for the record in my one previous game with Punchy he played hyper paranoid about what literally everyone else in the town was reading as our towniest town...and then openwolf vigged said towniest town right in front of us. Much to my shame he fucking got away with it because his stubborn paranoia had seemed so real.

spicy
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
PunchyTheCat
The Mark

Post by PunchyTheCat »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:58 pm

this is a wolfy discredit
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:00 pm i blocked punchys avatar bc it makes me so inexplicably uncomfortable i hate it so much
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

I'll have to reeval both Punchy and Tim, ideally before EoD, since they're fighting
PunchyTheCat
The Mark

Post by PunchyTheCat »

ThisIsNotAceMarvel wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:01 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:54 pm Did Maple post any Logic thoughts? Probably the Logic thoughts I'm most interested in rn since he hasn't returned

(Ty @tedxtr)
Imo opinion Logic is 50% 50% from meta (not a lot, but some), but I have never played a mash before, entering the chat, too lzay to catch up, NAI, all is pretty much town, but what worries my is not a strong read as a closing argument.

how do you know this, I know how to annoy people, that is why I'm fresh to death!
um

are you wolfing?
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

And I fell asleep while reading. Smh.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Ehhhhhhhh [VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine why are you honking
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 135
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Marcher Jovian »

TenThousandCalories wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:57 pm I have placed my vote. Everyone check it please.
Seems ill-advised, consider how Maple is presumed greenchecked
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

When people get a chance, would like thoughts on my Martin ISO. It was pretty scathing from me, and want input on whether the read seems legit or not.
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

sure, wilgy is >rand w. i can work with that
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:58 pm Just for the record, shooting me would specifically disagree with Maple as of now.

No me gusta!
I don't like this

Don't lose your poise Tim, no, no.
Oh my glob, don't make me worry.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

(Ty @tedxtr)

can you rephrase the bolded i dont follow
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

[mention]Maple[/mention] Martin is a coinflip for me, in the sense that I think his behaviour is classically wolfy for a newbie - awkward, reserved, overexplainy, self-aware - but it also seems to be his personality (so it might just be exacerbated under stress if you know what I mean, but it dampens the alignment indicativeness for me).

I wolfread his shot and his response to my BUN TO HEADS thought exercise, which isn't in your ISO but I would actually love it if you check it out. Why Apogee? That's the thing that gives me the biggest pause, but I assume Apogee (stay safe) hasn't said anything

I saw his MU signup and know ~for a fact he's a relative newbie but has played mafia before on SC2Mafia. I think we're at level 0-1 and can bun to head wolfread him. The thing that always screws me up is there's perfect overlap between newbies like that wolfing and newbies like that who just always get misyeeted and I have no idea how MUCH forum mafia he's played

I think Hank is a better example of what someone who doesn't play forum mafia but has experience in other formats looks like as a villager here tbh
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

yea whys speedchunk honknin
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:03 pm When people get a chance, would like thoughts on my Martin ISO. It was pretty scathing from me, and want input on whether the read seems legit or not.
Can you link to it b/c I am so, so lazy
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Btw, how many people died till now? And did anyone die from the lynch immune group? I asked this before too but I'm lazy to find it out by searching through several posts
PunchyTheCat
The Mark

Post by PunchyTheCat »

i read the martin case

imo i think it's a personality seperating himself from his logic to explain him better

this is a wolfy defense but w/e

iaafr mark this one down too

i'm also at 55-45 on his alignment don't murder me
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

It was like 'From my PoV, Apogee would be a good pick here' and a hedge read on my bun exercise, and there was zero posting from Martin about Apogee up until that point

[mention]MartinGG99[/mention] discussion of you on that page, contributions sincerely welcomed
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

manti, that person is someone i don't expect to read accurately. i'm going to leave them alone. the could die, i wouldn't mind, i might vote for them. but the things i want to kill them for + the way they as a person reads to me puts them squarely in my "leave preferred reads at the door, let other people handle them" category
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

i read some of a game martin played on mu where he was scum partners with notmafia and it was d6 setup and TMI'd that the game was in cop13er setup on post 1 it was pretty funny

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... Paradise-3
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 666
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Oy

Bring my ephemeral wagon back plz
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:05 pm @Maple Martin is a coinflip for me, in the sense that I think his behaviour is classically wolfy for a newbie - awkward, reserved, overexplainy, self-aware - but it also seems to be his personality (so it might just be exacerbated under stress if you know what I mean, but it dampens the alignment indicativeness for me).

I wolfread his shot and his response to my BUN TO HEADS thought exercise, which isn't in your ISO but I would actually love it if you check it out. Why Apogee? That's the thing that gives me the biggest pause, but I assume Apogee (stay safe) hasn't said anything

I saw his MU signup and know ~for a fact he's a relative newbie but has played mafia before on SC2Mafia. I think we're at level 0-1 and can bun to head wolfread him. The thing that always screws me up is there's perfect overlap between newbies like that wolfing and newbies like that who just always get misyeeted and I have no idea how MUCH forum mafia he's played

I think Hank is a better example of what someone who doesn't play forum mafia but has experience in other formats looks like as a villager here tbh
I'll be looking over hank again at some point for the sake of the dome, so will keep that in mind.

Read your bit on Martin here, will cntrl-F bun to head and see what I get
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:05 pm @Maple Martin is a coinflip for me, in the sense that I think his behaviour is classically wolfy for a newbie - awkward, reserved, overexplainy, self-aware - but it also seems to be his personality (so it might just be exacerbated under stress if you know what I mean, but it dampens the alignment indicativeness for me).

i agree with everything here
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
PunchyTheCat
The Mark

Post by PunchyTheCat »

i'd say apogee has good experience and is relatively good at the game

might be sheeping this
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon

PunchyTheCat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:03 pm

(Ty @tedxtr)

um

are you wolfing?
Yes I am! I want to give insights to previous games I had, to be helpful and last time I was part of the effort to out a wolf, so I will try that.
OH MY GLOB PUNCHY! Trust me if I was actually wolf, I wouldn't make it so easy for you. lol :) this comment is fresh to death.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Huh

You're right, when I read your BTH post I didn't expect an answer I'd find so

Alignment indicative
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

iaafr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:06 pm i read some of a game martin played on mu where he was scum partners with notmafia and it was d6 setup and TMI'd that the game was in cop13er setup on post 1 it was pretty funny

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... Paradise-3
man. you don't just put someone on blast like that!!!
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

(Ty @tedxtr)

um

are you wolfing?
I have seen a few of your posts today and it may be a skewed sample, but I have a world where you're just calling everyone mafia to try to simulate your 'Punchy just tunnels villagery people' meta because of how lethargic your responses feel sometimes ngl

I think you're like always a villager but humbly requesting you stop making posts like this and instead try to tell people why you think they're wolfing a bit so they can actually respond
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Did logic even post?
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 135
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Marcher Jovian »

lmao the dead ghost of tsp is voting for himself
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:06 pm manti, that person is someone i don't expect to read accurately. i'm going to leave them alone. the could die, i wouldn't mind, i might vote for them. but the things i want to kill them for + the way they as a person reads to me puts them squarely in my "leave preferred reads at the door, let other people handle them" category
That'll be one Fair Enough from me chief
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:07 pm Huh

You're right, when I read your BTH post I didn't expect an answer I'd find so

Alignment indicative
Me neither

I signed up as that post :cloud9:
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:04 pm

(Ty @tedxtr)

can you rephrase the bolded i dont follow
Yes of course for my previous experiences, not leaving a strong read for someone before leaving is not townish, like I said not a lot of games, so I might be wrong. I'll leave nutella town for now, is not a strong read.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:08 pm lmao the dead ghost of tsp is voting for himself
That is sad.
PunchyTheCat
The Mark

Post by PunchyTheCat »

ThisIsNotAceMarvel wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:07 pm

(Ty @tedxtr)

um

are you wolfing?
Yes I am! I want to give insights to previous games I had, to be helpful and last time I was part of the effort to out a wolf, so I will try that.
OH MY GLOB PUNCHY! Trust me if I was actually wolf, I wouldn't make it so easy for you. lol :) this comment is fresh to death.
do i wolfread this

i think i wolfread this

someone else read this my brain's fried

back to grey's anatomy :)
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:01 am Hmm... That's a spicy meatball.

Hello everyone. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor.
I irrationally wolfread the expression "spicy meatball".
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:08 pm lmao the dead ghost of tsp is voting for himself
It’s what he would have wanted :srsnod:
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:08 pm Did logic even post?
Yes, got into an argument with sprityo (that's the person you thought was posting yandere boys) over something very Logic-y

Main thing that stuck out to me was that at some point Xalt inserted himself into the argument and Logic somehow didn't notice he was replying to Xalt instead, despite Xalt not posting anime boys in every post and sprityo.. doing that (and it being a subject of discussion). I think Logic tends to notice people's words, hence getting into so many arguments over minute points, so I found that strange
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 826

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Maple wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:03 pm When people get a chance, would like thoughts on my Martin ISO. It was pretty scathing from me, and want input on whether the read seems legit or not.
You stopped your ISO before you reached my interactions with him...and I currently have a vote on him so that can serve as a summary.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other

Return to “Previous Jobs”