Post by Long Con »

Also probably TMI slip.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 557
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Fargo Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Long Con »

I have done some looking into Marmot interactions. Just this morning I was looking at SPF's ISO, and I don't think she is aligned with Marmot.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 326

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by falcon45ca »

fingersplints wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:29 am Hello all, I’m home now but still rather busy. Going to be trying to casually respond to things and catch up, but if there is anything you would directly like me to answer @ me so I can get to it more quickly.
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:42 am
fingersplints wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:57 pm I am 0% opposed to an AL_sama chop.

The most significant thing for me there is my old policy of letting first-timers have more than one day, but I think I have moved on from that. As long as we show our newcomers respect and a welcoming environment, we ought to play the game with winning interests. Chop the suspects.
I used to be of the same mind. Give newcomers time, but if they do something suspicious they re fair game.
I think we are in good position for this lynch
fingersplints wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:11 pm I still think tsp is most suspicious, but I think Marmot doesn’t look great, and I’m ok with that lynch as well. A lot of my suspicion of tsp stems from their talk of Marmot such as suspecting jay for voting their before calling their read on Marmot null and finally moving their vote their abruptly.
The only time finger even says Marmot's name is in hero big player reads list post, she has him (and a lot of others) in the null/mixed feelings/bad list...which is another thing, but whatever.

Never mentioned him before, never talked about anyone else (tsp included) talking about Marmot, nothing...even tho she thinks we're in a good lynch position, implying she does think he's scummy. But if so, why never talk about it before?

Votes TSP, but a big part of this sus is that TSP moved their vote off Marmot...which means she should have to think Marmot is at least as scummy if not more so than TSP. Again, never once quoted or engaged or really mentioned at all Marmot before, not until 1 hr to lynch time when Marmot is a clear fav to be eliminated.

Most of the rest of her ISO looks soft and not very game solvey, she's got kids so I get that a bit...anyone else care to take a look at her ISO, tell me what they think?
While I do have limited Marmot mentions, it is simply not true that I only mentioned him that one time, especially in relation to tsp. I’ve included some posts in spoiler tags below where I talk about Marmot in relation to tsp.
Spoiler: show
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:31 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:28 pm Tsp - gut read but the exchange with him and odd was peculiar a couple of pages which I didn’t really understand. His read on you which fingersplints brought up implied he had a bigger read on marmot than just null
This is worth exploring. @TonyStarkPrime please tell me about Marmot.
If you read TSP posts they are a bit all over the place in their feeling on Marmot. Suspecting you for your vote on Marmot, next calling their read on Marmot null, before voting for Marmot themselves.
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:12 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:58 am
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:31 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:21 am
fingersplints wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:15 am Up to page 24 now, I don’t agree with the suspicion of Jay (from TonyStarkPrime) and Alison (from staypositivefriend).
Both seem pretty townie to me right now.
TonyStarkPrime’s seems more flimsy out of the two, but I still have more to go. We’ll see
What was flimsy about it?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 pm A few things have thrown me off from the beginning but his current vote for Marmot is something that inclines me to think that way as well. I also just don't think his iso is carrying the proper tone and I'm wondering if his read on sloonei was developed improperly. He also also seems hesistant to say things that I wouldn't usually think he'd be hesitant to say. I did like the post he made where he talked about sloonei/jay mutual TRs and how seriously they're taken or something though idk

this is probably just the usual day 1 jay tinfoil but that's where I'm at
The talk of jay’s tone and being hesitant both of which I’m not really seeing. Not really sure I understand the Sloonei comparison as a negative. They’ve always played kind of similar to me so it’s not really something I find suspicious.
I’m also not really sure I understand the Marmot vote comment. It reads to me that it’s making him also suspect marmot while simultaneously suspecting jay.
I didn't really get that from TSP's post in regards to sussing marmot from the voting comment with marmot/JJJ, it read like he suspects JJJ for voting Marmot. It's worth noting though that TSP elaborated later that he didn't have a read on Marmot.
That makes more sense. I was confused why they would want to follow someone they suspected. I still don’t really like the vague suspicion of Jay, and I’ll need to see more about his later comments about Marmot that you mentioned, because I’m still not sure why if you don’t have a read on someone a vote against them would be a factor. But I’ll see how it’s explained as the thread progresses
You said
which means she should have to think Marmot is at least as scummy if not more so than TSP.
. I don’t see why that would make Marmot MORE scummy than tsp. To me the logical procession would be to lynch tsp first, and then if/when they come back bad, Marmot might be teammate. Tsp was suspicious to me not just for the Marmot interaction but how they were trying to paint jjj as bad (who I think it townie) for that suspicion then later completely changed their tactic and voted Marmot for no reason.
I missed those posts, you're right you did have more discussion around Marmot. All if its surrounding TSP tho, not an actual take on Marmot.

Re the bolded: how do you feel about this now that we have Marmots flip?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 1748
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:21 am Also probably TMI slip.
?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:26 am
?
Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 amAll the townies in the thread were excited by the flip and subsequent revelations, and immediately set to work solving...
:eye: :eye:
Alison
Posts in topic: 678
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:27 am
?
Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 amAll the townies in the thread were excited by the flip and subsequent revelations, and immediately set to work solving...
You think it's TMI to call Mac, Hally, and Jay townies? The people I've been saying are my ride or die townies for the past 50 pages?

This is not a read you believe in? At no point did the thought "Alison is mafia and TMI'd Mac/Hally/Jay as town" cross your mind. You are mafia and you need to be taken out back and shot.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

"you believe in."*
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1034
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

LC pulling up from DEEP
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

That doesn't look like TMI alison been speaking like that for entirety of the game and bee mafia
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:29 am
?
You think it's TMI to call Mac, Hally, and Jay townies? The people I've been saying are my ride or die townies for the past 50 pages?

This is not a read you believe in? At no point did the thought "Alison is mafia and TMI'd Mac/Hally/Jay as town" cross your mind. You are mafia and you need to be taken out back and shot.
You first, mafia. Either you're mafia going after low-hanging fruit, or you're town who is creating a delightful narrative that pretty much throws out anything you know about me... and I think you're a better town player than that.
BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:30 am LC pulling up from DEEP
What does that mean? I'm a deep wolf?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Correct. LC knows this. LC has played with me many many games. It is a read he pulled entirely out of his ass to shade me. He probably was searching around for some way to expand the POE, saw Falcon and Michelle talking about distrusting my claim, and a lightbulb went on in his head. Then he adds a dash of "I just wanted to ask some innocent questions without being threatened with a vig shot. So much for the tolerant left" and there you have it.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:33 am
?

You first, mafia. Either you're mafia going after low-hanging fruit, or you're town who is creating a delightful narrative that pretty much throws out anything you know about me... and I think you're a better town player than that.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:34 am
?

DID IT GO IN???
Alison

Post by Alison »

I've seen town LC get tilted at being wrongly suspected before and it doesn't go like this. He gets irritated but never goes completely off the rails with takes like these. And he doesn't OMGUS this hard usually, so the fact that he's trying to frame his suspicion of me as "just OMGUS bro" is extremely outing. Unfortunately he doesn't realize yet that he can't win a thunderdome with me because I in fact have a provable PR and intend to use it to nail him into his grave.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:34 am Correct. LC knows this. LC has played with me many many games. It is a read he pulled entirely out of his ass to shade me. He probably was searching around for some way to expand the POE, saw Falcon and Michelle talking about distrusting my claim, and a lightbulb went on in his head. Then he adds a dash of "I just wanted to ask some innocent questions without being threatened with a vig shot. So much for the tolerant left" and there you have it.
LOL I really had those thoughts right away, and I was scared to say them because you'd get me vigged. Then falcon said them, and I said "fuck it" and spoke my mind.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 1748
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

?
no.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:35 am
?

DID IT GO IN???
Yeah Curry is cracked man. pulling up from deep is just a metaphor
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:36 am I've seen town LC get tilted at being wrongly suspected before and it doesn't go like this. He gets irritated but never goes completely off the rails with takes like these. And he doesn't OMGUS this hard usually, so the fact that he's trying to frame his suspicion of me as "just OMGUS bro" is extremely outing. Unfortunately he doesn't realize yet that he can't win a thunderdome with me because I in fact have a provable PR and intend to use it to nail him into his grave.
I'm fully aware that I will never win a thunderdome against you, champ.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Go ahead and vig me with your big scary PR, Alison. It will advance your win condition, I'm sure.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:37 am Yeah Curry is cracked man. pulling up from deep is just a metaphor
So the metaphor means I'm taking an unlikely-to-score shot?
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:48 am
BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:37 am Yeah Curry is cracked man. pulling up from deep is just a metaphor
So the metaphor means I'm taking an unlikely-to-score shot?
taking a shot in the dark
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

you were reaching
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 482
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

what the hell's going on
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:49 am you were reaching
Like Icarus...
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:51 am
Like Icarus...
Uhhhhhhh idk what this means
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 585
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

¿How do TMI town when two mafia?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

I'm not convinced Alison has a "big scary PR". What benefit does she get from claiming this "big scary PR"?
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:52 am ¿How do TMI town when two mafia?
get lucky
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The night phase is an unfortunate time to air these doubts.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:54 am The night phase is an unfortunate time to air these doubts.
well it hasn't crossed my mind until now
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:52 am ¿How do TMI town when two mafia?
Semi-TMI. :haha:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:55 am
What’s your read on MacDougall and JaggedJimmyJay?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:55 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:54 am The night phase is an unfortunate time to air these doubts.
Let’s allow people to die.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 482
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

shove it back in whereever it was before and we can talk about it for an hour or so tomorrow
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

JJJ referring to himself in the third person is sus :p
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am
shove it back in whereever it was before and we can talk about it for an hour or so tomorrow
okay boss
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am
I trust Joseph more than I trust you. He's a town read, you are a slight town lean.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:51 am
Like Icarus...
Greek mythology. He flew too close to the sun on invented wings and they melted and he fell to his doom.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:58 am
I trust Joseph more than I trust you. He's a town read, you are a slight town lean.
Cool beans. What has you sold on Broseph and less sold on Jayseph?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:59 am
Like Icarus...
Greek mythology. He flew too close to the sun on invented wings and they melted and he fell to his doom.
well you poked alison and we will see if you get blasted for it
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am JJJ referring to himself in the third person is sus :p
He is legion, for they are many.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:00 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:58 am
Cool beans. What has you sold on Broseph and less sold on Jayseph?
He turned it on yesterday in a way that felt very towny, better towniness than I had read on him earlier.

For you... I just remember a point where I thought you sounded sketchy. I forget exactly, but it lowered your potential townread. :shrug2:
BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:00 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:59 am
Like Icarus...
well you poked alison and we will see if you get blasted for it
I'm sure I will.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:02 pm
BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am JJJ referring to himself in the third person is sus :p
He is legion, for they are many.
okay mark and luke
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Okee dokee. To what extent would you say you suspect Alison, Longety Conaroo?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:37 am
?

DID IT GO IN???
Curry once hit the 3 from his couch. Blindfolded
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:03 pm Okee dokee. To what extent would you say you suspect Alison, Longety Conaroo?
She is one of my top suspicions at this moment.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 pm
BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:37 am

DID IT GO IN???
Curry once hit the 3 from his couch. Blindfolded
I believe it.
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:03 pm Okee dokee. To what extent would you say you suspect Alison, Longety Conaroo?
You know that the next question is.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:08 pm
Was there a specific time and/or post where your suspicion really took shape?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Take a look at Marmot & nooks interactions, tell me what ya think
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mafia Interviews with JaggedJimmyJay are supported by Mountain Dew. Feeling both a lust for sugar and a hole in your soul? Satisfy both at your local Sunoco gas station with an ice cold Mountain Dew.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”