Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {DAY 0}

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:
Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:But Earle has to survive to the end to win, so that doesn't make sense either.
Why not? If he has to survive to the end, why does it matter when he appears?
How can you "survive till the end" if you are only in the game for the first half? That is what worries me. You could still be right though.
I don't see anything that indicates that when the second set goes out the first are eliminated. Do you?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 265

Post by thellama73 »

Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:But Earle has to survive to the end to win, so that doesn't make sense either.
Why not? If he has to survive to the end, why does it matter when he appears?
How can you "survive till the end" if you are only in the game for the first half? That is what worries me. You could still be right though.
I don't see anything that indicates that when the second set goes out the first are eliminated. Do you?
Oh, so you think we will be playing two characters simultaneously in the second half? I hadn't thought of that.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

insertnamehere wrote: Welcome to Twin Peaks. It is Day 0. It is your job to find out who killed Laura Palmer. Some people are not who they say they are. Other people do not know who they are yet. All that is certain is that only one can win...

You have 24 Hours to vote in the poll.
I think it has something to do with this. But I'm not sure what. lol.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I apologize already for my inability to put all of my thoughts into one coherent post.

I believe that since there are 24 roles and only 12 players, in conjunction with the quote above from our handsome host, that there will twists with the roles. Just as in the show, at times you could trust some characters at times you couldn't. At times you could trust the character you were looking at but at other times, the character you were looking at was not actually who you were seeing. Right? So I think the twist with the extra set of roles and the black/white names will have something to do with that aspect of the game/show.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by blindfaeth »

Ill check out the mill, since no one else went there, and it seems like a really creepy place that I might stumble upon something.

Good input from Kate :)
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

blindfaeth wrote:Ill check out the mill, since no one else went there, and it seems like a really creepy place that I might stumble upon something.

Good input from Kate :)
It's been known to spontaneously go up in flames. Be careful. Bring water XD
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Nevinera wrote:But... pie.
Everywhere we investigate, there will be, without a doubt, enormous piles of doughnuts waiting for us. And damn good coffee. Seriously. You won't even miss the pie! :D

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh man, that reminds me. Why is Albert not a role in this game? He is my favorite character.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh, and the woman who runs the diner is named Norma. It has been driving me crazy since you said you couldn't remember, and it finally came to me.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:Oh, and the woman who runs the diner is named Norma. It has been driving me crazy since you said you couldn't remember, and it finally came to me.
Thank you! I was typing that in bed last night on my ipad and I did not have the energy nor the motivation to look anything up :smile:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:Oh man, that reminds me. Why is Albert not a role in this game? He is my favorite character.
I liked Audrey and Cooper, but Albert was good too :smile:
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 50

Post by insertnamehere »

The lunatic is in my head...

I carry a log ... yes. Is it funny to you? It is not to me. Behind all things are reasons. Reasons can even explain the absurd. Do we have the time to learn the reasons behind the human being's varied behavior? I think not. Some take the time. Are they called detectives? Watch ... and see what life teaches.

CUT TO:

INT. DOUBLE R DINER - NIGHT

The diner is bustling with dinner traffic. SHERIFF TRUMAN and DALE COOPER are seated at the counter. SHELLY pours SHERIFF TRUMAN some more coffee as COOPER drinks his.

SHELLY
Can I get you anything to go with that, Sheriff?

SHERIFF TRUMAN
Agent Cooper here might want to try a slice of that pie.

COOPER
(brightening) Cherry pie?

SHELLY
Best in the tri-counties.

SHERIFF TRUMAN
And could you ask Norma to stop by a second, Shelly?

SHELLY
Sure thing.

COOPER
(a twinkle in his eye) Nothing's a sure thing Shelly.

SHELLY brandishes a grin at COOPER'S remark and then walks off. COOPER motions a distaste in his mouth.

COOPER
Damn, I still can't get the taste of that fish filtered coffee out of my mouth.

SHERIFF TRUMAN
Me neither. (drinks some coffee)

COOPER
Shelly Johnson with a 'J'?

SHERIFF TRUMAN
Mm-hmm, husband's a trucker, Leo. Minor rap sheet.

COOPER nods and makes a note as he sips his coffee. As he puts the notebook away, he looks around and sees the 'LOG LADY', MARGARET LANTERMEN, seated a couple of chairs away, cradling her log and drinking coffee. COOPER looks back at SHERIFF TRUMAN.

COOPER
(whispers) Log Lady?

SHERIFF TRUMAN
Right.

COOPER

(waves to her) Hi.

Spotting COOPER'S actions, the LOG LADY responds with a sour scowl and looks away. COOPER turns back to SHERIFF TRUMAN.

COOPER
Can I ask her about her log?

SHERIFF TRUMAN
Many have.

COOPER ponders his choices. NORMA JENNINGS walks up to COOPER and SHERIFF TRUMAN and sets down a plate with a slice of cherry pie.

NORMA
Evening, Harry.

SHERIFF TRUMAN
Norma, like to have you meet Special Agent Dale Cooper.

COOPER
(shakes her hand) Federal Bureau of Investigation.

NORMA
Norma Jennings.

COOPER
Mrs. Jennings, is it true that Laura Palmer used to help you with the Meals on Wheels program, delivering hot dinners to elderly shut-ins?

NORMA
Yeah, Laura helped organize the program.

COOPER starts to eat his pie.

SHERIFF TRUMAN
Do you have the names of the people on her route?

NORMA
I could get them for you.

COOPER
Would you please? And uh ... two more pieces of this incredible pie. (takes another bite)

NORMA
(her eyes widen and she smiles at COOPER) Okay.

NORMA moves off. SHERIFF TRUMAN looks at him.

SHERIFF TRUMAN
Man-oh-man, you must have the metabolism of a bumblebee.

As COOPER eats his pie, the LOG LADY comes up to them as she passes.

LOG LADY
For your information, I heard you speaking about Laura Palmer?

COOPER
Yes?

LOG LADY
One day my log will have something to say about this. My Log saw something that night.

COOPER
Really? What did it see?

She holds the log out.

LOG LADY
Ask it.

A moment of silence. COOPER, unsure what to do, peers down at the log. Disappointed by his lack of action the LOG LADY counters ...

LOG LADY
I thought so.

The LOG LADY walks off carrying her log.
TUNE ENDS: DANCE OF THE DREAM MAN

COOPER
Thank you sheriff. Ladies and gentlemen, Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Dale Cooper. One year ago almost to the day in a town in the Southwest corner of this state the body of a young girl named Teresa Banks was found. She had no family, no one came forward to claim her body. It wasn't even news, until today. There are irrefutable similarities that for obvious reasons I can not discuss that lead us to conclude that Laura Palmer was the second and Ronette Pulaski would have been the third victim of the same killer. Now there is a chance that the person that committed these crimes is someone from this town, possibly even someone you know. You are the leaders of this community. It is vitally important that this not turn into a witch hunt. I would strongly suggest a temporary curfew for those under eighteen years of age. Keeping your kids off the streets now may teach them a degree of caution that may protect them in the days and the weeks to come. I will remind you that these crimes occurred at night.

It is now Night 0. You have 24 hours to send in your Night Actions, and to vote in the poll.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {NIGHT 0}

Post by thellama73 »

James is useless, Leland is nuts, Sarah is hysterical and Bobby is petulant.

*votes Donna*

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Elohcin »

thellama73 wrote:James is useless, Leland is nuts, Sarah is hysterical and Bobby is petulant.

*votes Donna*
I guess it helps to know something about the show. :P
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Twin Peaks is on Netflix, and can easily be found from some *cough*less reputable sources.*cough* It's a groundbreaking, awesome show, and just watching the pilot will make everything make more sense.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Vompatti »

Even though it might not turn out to be useful, I think it would be logical to start with her parents.

*votes Sarah*
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

insertnamehere wrote:Twin Peaks is on Netflix, and can easily be found from some *cough*less reputable sources.*cough* It's a groundbreaking, awesome show, and just watching the pilot will make everything make more sense.
If you start watching it, I highly recommend sticking it out through at least episode two. The first episode is fairly straightforward soap opera and everyone I have shown it to wanted to quit after seeing it, but the second episode is the one where things start to take a left turn and you get hooked.

Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Boogs »

I'll go with James the boyfriend. Boyfriends usually are questioned first but she does have the other former bf Bobby hmmmm.... Both seem like they could have done something. But it's weird in the role James is dating her best friend now that Laura died.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Twin Peaks is on Netflix, and can easily be found from some *cough*less reputable sources.*cough* It's a groundbreaking, awesome show, and just watching the pilot will make everything make more sense.
If you start watching it, I highly recommend sticking it out through at least episode two. The first episode is fairly straightforward soap opera and everyone I have shown it to wanted to quit after seeing it, but the second episode is the one where things start to take a left turn and you get hooked.
Quoted for truth :srsnod:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Continuing the black/white analysis (which is probably going to turn out to be meaningless and just a way to get us to waste our time with discussion) it should be pointed out that there are two white roles and three black ones in the poll.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Boogs wrote:I'll go with James the boyfriend. Boyfriends usually are questioned first but she does have the other former bf Bobby hmmmm.... Both seem like they could have done something. But it's weird in the role James is dating her best friend now that Laura died.
James is a straight up moron.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Just for future reference, if all the votes have been cast/PM's been received, and I am online, I am more then happy to end a day or night early.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

OK, I agree starting with the parents is the way to go. Mom's too distraught and dad doesn't go off the deep end for a while. So I'm voting Leland.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Kate wrote:
Boogs wrote:I'll go with James the boyfriend. Boyfriends usually are questioned first but she does have the other former bf Bobby hmmmm.... Both seem like they could have done something. But it's weird in the role James is dating her best friend now that Laura died.
Lol he looks like a cute moron lol
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 172

Post by Snow Dog »

leland
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Boogs wrote:
Kate wrote:
I like cooper ;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kate wrote:
Boogs wrote:
Kate wrote:
I like cooper ;)
I like Audrey Horne ;)

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:
Kate wrote:
Boogs wrote:
Kate wrote:
I like cooper ;)
I like Audrey Horne ;)
I could see that. :daisy:
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Nevinera »

Voting for Donna, she sounds like a good person to hear from early.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 130

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:Continuing the black/white analysis (which is probably going to turn out to be meaningless and just a way to get us to waste our time with discussion) it should be pointed out that there are two white roles and three black ones in the poll.
LOL, you and i are never going to see eye to eye on this point, I think the more discussion the better~ it makes it easier to ferret out liars the more you force them to talk :evileye:

Kate wrote:OK, I agree starting with the parents is the way to go. Mom's too distraught and dad doesn't go off the deep end for a while. So I'm voting Leland.
Yeah, this makes sense. The Boyfriend was not the only significant other~ the parents may have an idea, may have heard her on the phone, or snuck a peek at her stuff. I might think in most cases the Mom might have a better idea, but yeah, shes pretty broken up at this point.

*Votes Leland*
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I agree with S~V~S (wait, what? Lol) on the "more discussion, the better" train of thought. Of course, there can always be a whole ton of discussion that can cloud your thoughts, but it's nothing that can't be sorted out, so I don't think there's too often an exception that rule.

I do think going for the dad might be most likely to get us somewhere, based on what has been said, so I'm cool with that as well. votes Leland

Kate wrote:I apologize already for my inability to put all of my thoughts into one coherent post.

I believe that since there are 24 roles and only 12 players, in conjunction with the quote above from our handsome host, that there will twists with the roles. Just as in the show, at times you could trust some characters at times you couldn't. At times you could trust the character you were looking at but at other times, the character you were looking at was not actually who you were seeing. Right? So I think the twist with the extra set of roles and the black/white names will have something to do with that aspect of the game/show.
This makes sense to me. Nice input, I must say.

I do wonder exactly what the twist with the roles will be though. I mean, it makes sense that 12 x 2 = 24 so there must be something with that, but I can't imagine we abandon our old roles and get new ones at some random point. I guess you never know with INH.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Continuing the black/white analysis (which is probably going to turn out to be meaningless and just a way to get us to waste our time with discussion) it should be pointed out that there are two white roles and three black ones in the poll.
LOL, you and i are never going to see eye to eye on this point, I think the more discussion the better~ it makes it easier to ferret out liars the more you force them to talk :evileye:
You completely misunderstood me. I meant that I expected INH to throw in red herrings to throw us off the track. You did this in the other game too, where you accused me of trying to stop discussion when I was doing no suc thing. If I was trying to stop discussion, why have Kate and I been the only ones talking for most of the thread?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I didn't say you were; I said that saying things like what you said, "wasting time with discussion", would put you at odds with me, as I never think discussion is a waste of time.

And in that game you were a civ, but so was I. Hence my saying we would never see eye to eye; i wasn't implying suspicion, just disagreement on game theory.

Touchy, touchy :)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

But we don't disagree on game theory. I am not saying discussion is bad, and never was. I like discussion. Why do you think I post so much?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So why do you say things like,
"wasting time with discussion"
? If you think discussion is awesome, stop saying that shit XD
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I meant that we would be discussing something that has no meaning versus discussing something actually useful and that the former would be a comparative waste of time to the latter.

Do you honestly think I'm lying to you about what I meant? You're going to have to trust me on this one.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No, I don't think so. At all. Like i said, we both were civvie last time; I am kinda just poking you but also just trying to learn about you as a player, since you are fairly new to me.

Not all discussion is about finger pointing.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Should I think so?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Should I think so?
No, it should be clear how I feel. Given that this is your third game with me and you have seen that I join in discussion more vigorously than anyone, except maybe Alex, you don't have to take my word for it anymore. There are a hundred pages of evidence over in the MOTU thread.

It's understandable that you would question most of what I say in a mafia thread, but this is pretty ridiculous.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am not questioning it, your over reaction is actually pretty ridiculous, tbh~ you totally ignored the post where i said so and went straight to the other. I have said repeatedly that I have seen you do this when civ.

No more discussion from me :)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I am not questioning it, your over reaction is actually pretty ridiculous, tbh~ you totally ignored the post where i said so and went straight to the other. I have said repeatedly that I have seen you do this when civ.

You have seen me do what when civ?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I am not questioning it, your over reaction is actually pretty ridiculous, tbh~ you totally ignored the post where i said so and went straight to the other. I have said repeatedly that I have seen you do this when civ.

You have seen me do what when civ?
Make remarks about too much discussion, regardless of your own personal discussion habits.

I was just kinda making a joke, and you blew it up into something it wasn't.
S~V~S wrote:I didn't say you were; I said that saying things like what you said, "wasting time with discussion", would put you at odds with me, as I never think discussion is a waste of time.

And in that game you were a civ, but so was I. Hence my saying we would never see eye to eye; i wasn't implying suspicion, just disagreement on game theory.

Touchy, touchy :)
S~V~S wrote:No, I don't think so. At all. Like i said, we both were civvie last time; I am kinda just poking you but also just trying to learn about you as a player, since you are fairly new to me.

Not all discussion is about finger pointing.
You are over reacting somewhat (and this is from the Crown Princess of over reaction, lol) to a very meh conversational gambit. I meant nothing accusatory by it.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Okay, I'm sorry. I admit I overreacted, but from my perspective it seemed llike you were repeatedly and willfully mischaracterizing my position, and I'm sure you realize that can be frustrating. As far as I'm concerned, it's forgotten.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No worries. And yeah, i know about frustration XD
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

BF is currently without computer access. He hopefully will be able to get on and check tomorrow evening or Saturday so he can post and such
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I have multiple replacements if BF cannot make it.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I think this is the first time I've ever played mafia and seen a Night 0. So not entirely sure what that means yet.

I'm going to have to trust Kate's advice on this one, since she has seen the show and I haven't. Leland Palmer it is.

As for the 12 players, 24 roles thing, I think it is very likely that each of us could wind up with 2 roles later on. But then again I'm not entirely sure. Hardly any bit of this game has sunk in yet, but I'm also playing boo's Video Game mafia over on RM, and that one is incredibly complex as well. So I guess some of the mechanics and roles might take a little bit to sink in for me. After that I should have a bit more to contribute.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Just because he hasn't gottena vote yet and I feel bad for him, I vote Bobby Briggs.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Nevinera »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:As for the 12 players, 24 roles thing, I think it is very likely that each of us could wind up with 2 roles later on.
Keep in mind how brutal the bob role looks to civs - I doubt he'd really make a game *that* unbalanced, so the extra roles could easily be autorezzes or something like that.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:This is going to be crazy hard. Every other day, BOB gets a new teammate, so we have to have a better than 50% accuracy on our lynches or they will quickly outnumber us. And on the first day we are almost sure to lynch a civvie because BOB will not have recruited yet.
I see. This answers my question I guess. The mafia is at present just Bob. But it will grow. So if by luck we lynch BOb first time...game over?
I think we probably have to get Windom Earle as well. He is pretty bad.
I agree that BOB definitely seems bad, and very very dangerous. Windom Earle seems baddie-ish as well, though less of an immediate threat. Are you scared of him because you're bad at chess, llama?

I could be completely off because I'm not finding this anymore, but I thought I saw something saying there was only 1 winner anyway? There don't seem to be any win conditions posted anywhere, and no well-defined civvie or baddie teams, so unless I hear otherwise I'll be going on that assumption.

I agree that the fact that there are 24 roles and 12 people makes it seem likely we'll get one white and one black role each. I suppose we'll find out eventually. Any thoughts on why Leo's power is in purple and all the others are orange?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”