Rolling Stones Mafia Game Over!

Moderator: Community Team

Who is going to play The Donner Party Mafia?

Yes I am starving for an arm
17%
No I am a vegetarian
33%
Maybe I could be hungry
17%
The Host
33%

Total votes: 6
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Rolling Stones Mafia Day 1

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Also, I would much prefer 48/24, but I can deal with 24/24 if most people would prefer that.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

since its a speed game i prefer 24/24 but I don't mind 48/24. Just fyi i will be involved in the posts in my game between 6:30 and 7:15 pm.

My favorite has always been:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 32

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Doesn't matter to me. :o
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by A Person »

I would personally prefer 24/24 since one of the reasons I joined the game was the "speed" part, but I could deal with 48/24.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

A Person wrote:I would personally prefer 24/24 since one of the reasons I joined the game was the "speed" part, but I could deal with 48/24.
Ditto MattMatt
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

oops just noticed someone else posted my video :sigh:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 48

Post by thellama73 »

I forgot to say that I would prefer 24/24.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Hedgeowl »

Since SVS posted my favorite I will pick another with accompanying Scottish joke. "Hey McCloud! Get off of my Ewe!"

24/24 sounds good. Also, MP is off the poll I see. I was going to threaten to vote for him until my new favorite smiley gets added to the site, but clearly I will need to wait another day to resort to blackmail. :noble:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 32

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Should vote now because college. Randomized juliets. :O
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Lizzy »

24/24 for me too, please. Also, why is the Sock off the poll q.m.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Alright, weekend over. Time to get serious about this game. Unfortunately, I have no leads whatsoever at this point. Anybody have any pings? I sure don't.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:Alright, weekend over. Time to get serious about this game. Unfortunately, I have no leads whatsoever at this point. Anybody have any pings? I sure don't.
Yes, I was thinking the same but I don't have any pings or niggles.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Alright, weekend over. Time to get serious about this game. Unfortunately, I have no leads whatsoever at this point. Anybody have any pings? I sure don't.
right now I'm inclined to vote for Russ, since it annoys me when people sign up and then don't play, but that's only if I have nothing else to go on before vote o'clock.

Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Mr D thinks it's time to get serious as well.
I believe I missed some questions about the last poll. My apologies. Those that have asked me a question that I have not answered, may ask me another one at this time.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mr. D wrote:Mr D thinks it's time to get serious as well.
I believe I missed some questions about the last poll. My apologies. Those that have asked me a question that I have not answered, may ask me another one at this time.
Mr. D, do you see a clue in the thread so far as to who is be bad?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

EBWOP: take that "be' out of there

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

pretend that last post was red. Anyone who says otherwise will be punished!

Funny you should ask juliets. Just a moment ago I decided you were worth watching :eye:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mr. D wrote:pretend that last post was red. Anyone who says otherwise will be punished!

Funny you should ask juliets. Just a moment ago I decided you were worth watching :eye:
any particular reason??

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Your last post was very agreeable without offering anything new. Slight pushing if you know what I mean.

Once more people start talking I'm sure we will have others to talk about. Or we can just talk about all the ones not around!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mr. D wrote:Your last post was very agreeable without offering anything new. Slight pushing if you know what I mean.

Once more people start talking I'm sure we will have others to talk about. Or we can just talk about all the ones not around!
I've never heard of "pushing" in mafia so no, i don't know what you mean. And my post was just acknowledging that I had similar feelings to llama but also no idea where to begin. I had and have nothing new to add. I have to go jog now - maybe llama has some questions.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:maybe llama has some questions.
Stop "pushing" me, juliets! If I have questions, I will ask them in my own good time.

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

How would the Rolling Stones feel about randomizing Mr. D?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:maybe llama has some questions.
Stop "pushing" me, juliets! If I have questions, I will ask them in my own good time.
lol

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:
right now I'm inclined to vote for Russ, since it annoys me when people sign up and then don't play, but that's only if I have nothing else to go on before vote o'clock.
I kinda feel that way, but I don't want to scare him off! It's been so long since he's been around here. At least it will get his attention if my hand is forced. It's the best idea so far, and there's not a lot of ideas floating around.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 26

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:
Right now I am inclined to vote for you since my experience tells me that some people are quieter when civ, and a quiet civ is better than a dead civ.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:
Right now I am inclined to vote for you since my experience tells me that some people are quieter when civ, and a quiet civ is better than a dead civ.
A quiet civ is indeed better than a dead civ, but a quiet dead civ is considerably worse than an active dead civ. :)

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Wait... I think I got that backwards...

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Roxy, is there anything you can tell us about Russt, like he is on vacation and will be here tomorrow, or he's had a family emergency, or anything else that would keep him from checking in?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

TBH Juliets he has not even opened his Role PM. I have no way of contacting him. So unless I beg my son to play there will be no replacement. I was hoping someone in this game would know how to contact him to tell him game on but obv not. Please do not waste a lynch on a non player. I will either modkill or get a replacement. The results of that will be known by lynch end time. I hope this is acceptable to everyone.
;)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thank you Roxy. Well, if someone doesn't get my attention I will use my day 1 default which is to random amongst the low posters. I'm really hoping not to do that though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:Thank you Roxy. Well, if someone doesn't get my attention I will use my day 1 default which is to random amongst the low posters. I'm really hoping not to do that though.
Well, SVS thinks low posters are automatically good, so you're just asking for trouble.

Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Lizzy »

Low posters, active posters, they're the same on the first day. So my nais online randomiser tells me to vote for Matt. :(
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Well, I really wanted to vote for RUss, but since I have been expressly told not to by the host, I guess I won't. Therefore, I am voting for DisgruntledPorcupine, because it is traditional and because he randomized and because he went after juliets, who am liking at the moment for being an interesting participant. I would like to add that I am not inclined to believe everything that Mr. D says, since I do not think Roxy would include a character that would just out people as bad. It wouldn't be fair. So I don't take Mr. D's eye in juliets' direction to mean anything.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I went with my gut and voted Llama. I view wanting to vote out ultra quiet people, especially so early, as a baddie ploy.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I never knew that was a baddie ploy...I'm going to wait to make sure the votes don't string out everywhere and i end up with a couple more and have to save myself. If not i'll just do a normal random.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I went with my gut and voted Llama. I view wanting to vote out ultra quiet people, especially so early, as a baddie ploy.
Even though I've done it in every single game I've ever been in?

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I went with my gut and voted Llama. I view wanting to vote out ultra quiet people, especially so early, as a baddie ploy.
Maybe the only reason you do it all the time is so it's not suspicious when you do it as a baddie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
So? That does not make you a civ, it gives me a statistical 50/50 shot at being correct, which is better odds than wanting to vote for someone quiet on Day One, someone who is generally always quiet.

Certain people are ALWAYS quiet, and that may be against your Mafia philosophy, but numerically they are more likely to be civs. And lynching civs is against MY Mafia philosophy. If they are quiet civs, let the Mafia take them out, why do their dirty work for them?
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I am voting mongoose because I never have before and it seems fair that way.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

i used random.org and got 3, so i voted for DP.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
So? That does not make you a civ, it gives me a statistical 50/50 shot at being correct, which is better odds than wanting to vote for someone quiet on Day One, someone who is generally always quiet.

Certain people are ALWAYS quiet, and that may be against your Mafia philosophy, but numerically they are more likely to be civs. And lynching civs is against MY Mafia philosophy. If they are quiet civs, let the Mafia take them out, why do their dirty work for them?
I don't think you have a 50/50 shot here. ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I meant either he is good or he is not. So yeah, 50/50 would not be correct. I was just speaking to his point that he does it all the time~ civ or bad. So either he is civ or bad~ one or the other, 50/50. I should have been clearer there.

My Bad.

And can we outlaw " ;) " ? I ALWAYS read that as condescending, and tend to react to that one smiley rather than the post as a whole
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A Person wrote:i used random.org and got 3, so i voted for DP.
Going random on Day 1 does not bother me, but random "second" or "third" votes do bother me. However, knowing you, you would be the type to actually use a random generator and actually vote for the person regardless.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:I meant either he is good or he is not. So yeah, 50/50 would not be correct. I was just speaking to his point that he does it all the time~ civ or bad. So either he is civ or bad~ one or the other, 50/50. I should have been clearer there.

My Bad.

And can we outlaw " ;) " ? I ALWAYS read that as condescending, and tend to react to that one smiley rather than the post as a whole
If I wanted to be condescending, I would have used :p

I'm going to vote for the A Person regardless. It's all I have, personality or not.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Voting Birdy because forgot about the gym and see he doesn't have any votes. He doesn't look like he will get any votes unless people find voting for wire suspicious. Yes, it's a cop-out vote, but it's day one.

No worries, Hedge. That's pretty funny.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hopefully llama-oriented individuals will not spit on me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

So as not to spread the vote any further I randomed between A person and DP and got A Person.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Epignosis wrote:
A Person wrote:i used random.org and got 3, so i voted for DP.
Going random on Day 1 does not bother me, but random "second" or "third" votes do bother me. However, knowing you, you would be the type to actually use a random generator and actually vote for the person regardless.
I didn't even check to see if anyone had voted for him yet. :blush:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Ugh, seriously??? Just barely missed it!!! Sorry, Rox.

I only have like 10 minutes of free time for now but I'll try seeing what I missed quickly here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

First off, I want to apologize. I had a really busy weekend and it's my dad's birthday today. I thought I would check in during lunch, but unexpectedly got busy at that time. I hate missing votes.

Not sure who I would have voted. I personally don't read the winky face as condescending, but maybe that's just me.

I had no idea I was off the poll, so that's weird. Won't complain though.

As to Russtifinko, sorry, but I let him know the game was in sign-ups even though I know he's been busy because I know he REALLY wanted to play. I haven't even had a chance or even thought to tell him that the game was starting because I generally don't like to do that until the game gets going. I'll let him know.

As to S~V~S, her vote for llama really confuses me, but I've accepted the fact that she and I just don't see eye to eye at all. I just don't understand how she called him out for voting for low posters because they often post low, yet llama does this every time and yet she still votes for him. Seems like both are consistent yet she finds one worthy of a vote but another one not? Can S~V~S or someone explain this to me? I don't think it makes her bad, I just don't get it.

As always, Day 1 votes are really worthless. I don't see anything suspicious from anyone here, honestly, just differences in opinion.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”