Wuppitybairn, deru, deru!

Poll ended at Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:58 pm

bea
33%
FZ.
No votes
insertnamehere
17%
Kate and Ruth Greenfield (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 6
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Willow [Prologue]

Post by Turnip Head »

Sorsha, you're allowed to change your vote this game. You can move it around willy nilly as you please :)
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

unless someone can give me a really great reason to change my vote, I'm voting for the coolest person I know in this thread.

vote andrew
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Elohcin »

I'm trying to think like Epi. Who should I vote for in order to receive a prize? Or...does the person with the most votes receive a prize? Or...both? Maybe there is a specific player chosen and whoever votes for that player gets a prize along with the player with the most votes. I'm voting TH.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:I'm trying to think like Epi.
That's a dangerous undertaking.

:solitary:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 53

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:I should add that I'm not having any of this "oh, Andrew is young, we should be nice to him and give him our vote" nonsense.

That's ageism, my friends, and it is an ugly prejudice.
No, that is "our host has little kids of his own, so I doubt Andrew is bad". I don't think Epi would put him in a position where he would have to kill his Mom, OR talk with his Mom about killing other people. Therefore, I doubt he is bad, which is more than I can say for any of the rest of you nubs :p

I may be wrong, but that is my thought on it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I should add that I'm not having any of this "oh, Andrew is young, we should be nice to him and give him our vote" nonsense.

That's ageism, my friends, and it is an ugly prejudice.
No, that is "our host has little kids of his own, so I doubt Andrew is bad". I don't think Epi would put him in a position where he would have to kill his Mom, OR talk with his Mom about killing other people. Therefore, I doubt he is bad, which is more than I can say for any of the rest of you nubs :p

I may be wrong, but that is my thought on it.

this. Just this.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

It worked out so well for epi and I last time....

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 18

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Epignosis wrote:

If I attempted such a thing, my mind would probably explode from sheer awesomeness.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If all votes come in by this evening, we'll move along unless anyone objects.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

insertnamehere wrote:I'm running on the "Lynch George Lucas" platform.
Only if it's because of the prequel trilogy.

I'm not sure how comfortable I feel about all the buddying-up votes for Andrew early on. I agree with S~V~S and would be surprised if he were bad. But I also feel like baddies could use that as an excuse to gain some early cred.

Linki: I shall object until we receive free figgy pudding! FREE PUDDING FOR ALL!!!!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:

I'm not sure how comfortable I feel about all the buddying-up votes for Andrew early on. I agree with S~V~S and would be surprised if he were bad. But I also feel like baddies could use that as an excuse to gain some early cred.

Linki: I shall object until we receive free figgy pudding! FREE PUDDING FOR ALL!!!!
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 78

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: I'm not sure how comfortable I feel about all the buddying-up votes for Andrew early on. I agree with S~V~S and would be surprised if he were bad. But I also feel like baddies could use that as an excuse to gain some early cred.
This is why, as a host, I always fully randomize roles: to avoid this sort of meta-speculation.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: I'm not sure how comfortable I feel about all the buddying-up votes for Andrew early on. I agree with S~V~S and would be surprised if he were bad. But I also feel like baddies could use that as an excuse to gain some early cred.
This is why, as a host, I always fully randomize roles: to avoid this sort of meta-speculation.
To be fair though, Rob could still have fully randomized, and made Andrew bad. Which would dispel S~V~s' theory. We wouldn't know for sure unless the host decided to reveal that.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
I already ate all my meat though... :(
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:

that's a fair enough point.

but given the choices - kate was asking pretty hard for the responsibility - and IDK how I feel about kate yet...

DH?

TH??

I personally felt that Andrew was not only the coolest choice but the one most likely to be civ. given the other choices being bantered around.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:

?

If you are a civ, and you think someone else is a civ, do you think voting to give them a boon is "buddying up for cred?" Would you prefer that I vote for someone I don't feel good about in interests of how it looks?

And I think what I think. I don't think he would randomize Andrew into a position where he has to kill his mother, or talk to his mother about killing other people. Ergo, he is not bad. This is my reasoning, which is why I voted for him. If you and Llama think otherwise, then do otherwise.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop, it's day zero. This is all guesswork at this point, IMO.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

thellama73 wrote:
I do believe our host also randomized these roles - and i also believe he's said so in more than one thread.

I also believe it's most likely that Andrew is a civ. And therefore most deserving of our vote.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

bea wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

that's a fair enough point.

but given the choices - kate was asking pretty hard for the responsibility - and IDK how I feel about kate yet...

DH?

TH??

I personally felt that Andrew was not only the coolest choice but the one most likely to be civ. given the other choices being bantered around.
That's fine then. As I said, I agree with S~V~S' logic. But there's that tiny, little part of me that wonders if that indeed isn't the case. That's all. And we have no proof of anyone's potential civvieness or badiness at this point.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote: I do believe our host also randomized these roles - and i also believe he's said so in more than one thread.

I also believe it's most likely that Andrew is a civ. And therefore most deserving of our vote.
What are you basing that on?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

S~V~S wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

?

If you are a civ, and you think someone else is a civ, do you think voting to give them a boon is "buddying up for cred?" Would you prefer that I vote for someone I don't feel good about in interests of how it looks?

And I think what I think. I don't think he would randomize Andrew into a position where he has to kill his mother, or talk to his mother about killing other people. Ergo, he is not bad. This is my reasoning, which is why I voted for him. If you and Llama think otherwise, then do otherwise.
Not at all. If you are a civ and believe Andrew to be a civ, then you should vote for him. I'm not disputing that.

Like I said before, I agree with you. While I think Epig still randomized all the roles, I think your logic of not putting him in a position where he needs his mom's role dead to win is fairly sound. I just wonder about other possibilities is all. I like to do that with mafia, and speculate on all the possible outcomes of a certain scenario.

Of course, but that logic, am I correct in assuming that you believe Kate to be a civ too?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Goodbye, blue sky
Goodbye, blue sky.
Goodbye.

I skipped a grove or three because this is a family thread :noble:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Like I said before, I agree with you. While I think Epig still randomized all the roles, I think your logic of not putting him in a position where he needs his mom's role dead to win is fairly sound.
I don't understand this. These both can't be true. Either the roles or random, or they are not random to prevent certain combinations. They can't both be the case.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Of course, but that logic, am I correct in assuming that you believe Kate to be a civ too?
Not necessarily, but probably, yes. I find it unlikely that he would put her in that position either. But I find it MORE unlikely that a father of little kids would do that to a little kid. Andrew is more impressionable than Kate, and might have more problems with that. But yeah, I would be more likely to trust her than not.

Linki @ Llama~ BWT likes to see all sides of an issue, not just his, A trait I admire since i don;t have it, lol. It is what i assume he is doing here.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Like I said before, I agree with you. While I think Epig still randomized all the roles, I think your logic of not putting him in a position where he needs his mom's role dead to win is fairly sound.
I don't understand this. These both can't be true. Either the roles or random, or they are not random to prevent certain combinations. They can't both be the case.
You don't think he could have randomized all the roles, and yet still have it turn out that Andrew is in a position where he is civ?

That's what I'm thinking. I don't think Rob would have refused to not randomize every role, because that doesn't seem like his style IMO. But I think even with him randomizing all the roles, that it's still very likely Andrew is a civ.

Does that make any more sense or does it still sound contradictory?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No it makes sense, but lets say I have reason to believe that Rob might have randomed with tweaks in the past :)

In any case, I still think Andrew is the person most likely to be a civvie, and I am happy with my vote, and have to go do other stuff.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
You don't think he could have randomized all the roles, and yet still have it turn out that Andrew is in a position where he is civ?

That's what I'm thinking. I don't think Rob would have refused to not randomize every role, because that doesn't seem like his style IMO. But I think even with him randomizing all the roles, that it's still very likely Andrew is a civ.

Does that make any more sense or does it still sound contradictory?
That makes sense, BWT, thank you. Yes, obviously there is a good chance every player is a civ with a randomization process. What I was taking issue with was the idea that Rob would specifically refuse to give Andrew a baddie role. (and even if you don't think he would pit mother against child, they could be on the baddie team together)

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Again, I doubt that, but I could be wrong, this is my best guess. If you don't want to give the kid a prize, cool. Vote for someone else.

now really, i gotta get out of here XD
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 77

Post by DharmaHelper »

I voted for Andrew to get the prize. But don't be fooled, I'm not in the camp that thinks we ought to play with kid gloves where Andrew is concerned. If he flubs up at any point and shows his hand as a baddie, I'll be there!

Also, thanks for the vote, Andrew, I appreciate your confidence.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:I voted for Andrew to get the prize. But don't be fooled, I'm not in the camp that thinks we ought to play with kid gloves where Andrew is concerned. If he flubs up at any point and shows his hand as a baddie, I'll be there!

Also, thanks for the vote, Andrew, I appreciate your confidence.
Thank you for being, as ever, the voice of reason, DH. :)

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If your definition of reason is common sense with a hint of [REDACTED]... Yep. That's me all over.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Dom »

I will not be voting Andrew because I am a bit bitter that he seems to be taking my place as cutest kid or something. :p

:D

I will vote for myself. :noble:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

BREAKIN DA RUZL

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Well, poop, I already forgot.

I vote for Kate. :noble:

Edited naughty word out, xox, SVS
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

And now you've broken Rule 11 as well :eek:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anarchy :(

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Just a disclaimer, I will edit naughty words when I sees em~ :)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:Just a disclaimer, I will edit naughty words when I sees em~ :)
We'll just have to see about that. :feb:

no pls but srsly don't hurt me I'll be good pls.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Just don't say any naughty words :noble:

I have multiple bars of mouth washing soap
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:

I don't understand the history behind it, but I don't think that assigning roles based on IRL status is something that happens, unless it's a specific game mechanic.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I do believe our host also randomized these roles - and i also believe he's said so in more than one thread.

Oh hey, you've already said what I just did. :)

I guess the odds are in favor of Andrew being a civ, but hey, that would go for me too. And you. And llama. And SVS. Heck, even TurnipHead. I don't remember everyone's names yet, but they should all be on this list.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

I don't understand the history behind it, but I don't think that assigning roles based on IRL status is something that happens, unless it's a specific game mechanic.
Like i said, i find it unlikely that Epi would put an 8 year old in a position to night kill his Mother, or to discuss killing people with his Mother, i just don't. I could be totally wrong, but that is what i believe. I am not trying to make anyone else believe it.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
bea wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I guess the odds are in favor of Andrew being a civ, but hey, that would go for me too. And you. And llama. And SVS. Heck, even TurnipHead. I don't remember everyone's names yet, but they should all be on this list.
you are completely right. The odds are that any of us are civ. I picked Andrew because I like the kid. And also because if I had to pick between he and Kate - well.....let's let the younger gen get some love.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
bea wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

The part of this I love is bolded.

See TH - in one game you become the "big bad" - that's how good your HP game was. :noble: :p
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:And now you've broken Rule 11 as well :eek:
i don't undrestand.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

rule 11: 11. This thread, like Willow, is family-friendly. Please, no oaths or bawdiness.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

(I'm guessing it was the naughty word you edited out. :p ;) )
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote:let's let the younger gen get some love.
No! The younger generation is terrible. Why, back in my day... etc. etc.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote:(I'm guessing it was the naughty word you edited out. :p ;) )
I edited it out, to be clear. I said i would do so.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
bea wrote:(I'm guessing it was the naughty word you edited out. :p ;) )
I edited it out, to be clear. I said i would do so.
You've set a dangerous precedent. Now we will all be curious to see which substitutions you will make in your edits. I fear you may have unleashed a monster.

Fortunately for you, I am always fastidiously clean-tongued.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”