[END] Fight Club Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: [DAY 5] Fight Club Mafia

Post by bea »

Keterman wrote:
bea wrote:
Keterman wrote:@Bea and SVS

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 039#p74039

The section I'm referring to starts shortly after that post (and ends about fifteen posts later) regarding the suspicions a few players had regarding thellama73 and his response to it. I brought up a lot of points he could have responded to and he only chose to respond to one of them, that response being that him being deceitful shouldn't necessarily mean he is worthy of suspicion.

I can see why you think he's worth a look. Also - how were you able to post things in the thread from wilmington when I tried to post what DH did - I wasn't allowed???

llama is always going to be obscure. Because it's how he rolls. Keter -have you gone back and seen what happened with him? Have you seen DH's posts? Which are remarkably similar to Llama's -but less genuine and organic?

What do you think llama needs to address? Call it out now - so EVERYONE can see it. Ask him your questions, I'm 2/3ds sure he'll tell you no lies.
I linked the post by going to my post history and copying the shortcut for the post I linked. I've seen DH's posts and I don't see them as less genuine, only more aggressive (not that it doesn't look bad, I just think that with my lack of context on familiar play styles thellama73 appears just as bad if not worse at the moment). He turned recruit, so the reason to look over him now is not to see how scummy he is but who he could possibly implicate or not implicate as a buddy in case the recruits shared BTSC. Him and thellama were in opposition publicly...I can see why that would suggest that they were in opposition ultimately as well, but I don't think the possibility that it was a reuse to make thellama appear more town after DH turned recruit should be ruled out. I don't think thellama needs to address anything he already chose not to address before, I'm just curious if his behavior in that area I linked to is normal for him. You say it is, and I would like to hear some people second that opinion before I back down.
I'm not sure that if llama and DH were on the same team, that this early in the game, they'd be planning a that kind of thing.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by a2thezebra »

Neither am I, but hesitating to avoid considering those possibilities isn't wise in my experience.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I'm more curious about the link with DH and Bullz.

I suck at the link back - but at day 2 DH was actively trying to get bullz to fight - and referring to him the whole time as "his boy" As in "I'm going to vote for MY BOY bullz."

I leget think that llama and DH were at opposite ends of the scale in those days - bullz influence there is most curious to me.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 162

Post by thellama73 »

Canucklehead wrote:The only thing that stuck out to me was llama, who is hilarious and should be kept in te game as long as possible because funny people are awesome.
THANK YOU! This is what I've been saying for a year now. I am super glad you are part of this site.

Bea, a couple of questions:
1) Why is Nevinera more likely to be a civ than a member of Project Mayhem or Tyler? If the roles were handed out randomly, he is just as likely to be Tyler as anyone else. If you assume he is not a recruit, you are assuming you know how Tyler thinks. Maybe he wanted to recruit someone who was not getting noticed at all? Since I don't know who Tyler is, I can't presume to know how he thinks. All we know for sure is he recruited DH, who was vocal, so maybe he wanted to contrast that by recruiting a very unvocal player.

2) This is not just you, but it happens in every game and I have never understood it. Why is a vote for someone like Nevinera (for which, it will be recalled, I gave FIVE reasons) more suspicious than a random vote? If I wanted to be sneaky, why wouldn't I just say I randomized?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Bullzeye »

bea wrote:So - before we all had one thread, my original goal was to go back to Willmington to see what I missed. I had to guess on the exact page the thing left off at.

But this strikes me as curious given how DH flipped:

More than once in Willmington on Day 2. He kept referencing to Bullz as "his boy." Bulz was the defender. Bullz was His boy.

I tried to quote it but you can't quote the old threads anymore apparently. It was page 7 and 8 in Wilmington for my browser. I run the low posts per page.
I don't know why he said that but what do you mean defender? DH and I (as well as other Newcastle natives) came into Wilmington together on the understanding that if people tried to gang up on one of us we'd each have the other's back. This was decided in the thread before anyone could have been recruited as far as I'm aware. I think DH referring to me as his boy might just be him being DH.
bea wrote:I'm more curious about the link with DH and Bullz.

I suck at the link back - but at day 2 DH was actively trying to get bullz to fight - and referring to him the whole time as "his boy" As in "I'm going to vote for MY BOY bullz."

I leget think that llama and DH were at opposite ends of the scale in those days - bullz influence there is most curious to me.
What influence did I have there? DH wasn't trying to get me to fight, I wanted to fight. I said so repeatedly. I wanted to fight and I wanted to win, and since I didn't win I wanted to fight again. Nobody encouraged me or talked me into it, or had to hype me up, I just wanted to.
thellama73 wrote: 1) Why is Nevinera more likely to be a civ than a member of Project Mayhem or Tyler? If the roles were handed out randomly, he is just as likely to be Tyler as anyone else. If you assume he is not a recruit, you are assuming you know how Tyler thinks. Maybe he wanted to recruit someone who was not getting noticed at all? Since I don't know who Tyler is, I can't presume to know how he thinks. All we know for sure is he recruited DH, who was vocal, so maybe he wanted to contrast that by recruiting a very unvocal player.
I agree he's just as likely to be Tyler as anyone, but I doubt he's a recruit because who the hell would recruit a completely inactive player? If you've got the ability to recruit and you use one of a presumably limited number against someone who isn't posting much or at all then you've wasted a recruitment in my opinion. Surely the hypothetical recruiter wants to build a team of influential players who are involved and active.
2) This is not just you, but it happens in every game and I have never understood it. Why is a vote for someone like Nevinera (for which, it will be recalled, I gave FIVE reasons) more suspicious than a random vote? If I wanted to be sneaky, why wouldn't I just say I randomized?
I actually completely agree with this. If you give a reason, and that reason makes sense, it's inherently less suspicious than randomizing. If your reason is illogical or can be proven to be a lie, then of course there's a problem.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Keterman, I went back and looked at the Wilmington stuff you mentioned with llama, just to make sure I still felt the same about him. And I do. I think the way he acted there gives absolutely not indication of his alignment. The way he acted there is a way I've seen him act as both a civvie and a baddie.

I'm going to finish re-reading the other threads I hadn't completely finished yet. And given one of them is one I hadn't even looked at yet (Penn's Grove), that might take a bit.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I see MR voted for me without posting. It would be cool to hear him talk about that a little.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh wait, he's injured and can't post. Sorry MR!

unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by unfurl »

:omg: It looks like we all are together now, so many players
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Keterman, I went back and looked at the Wilmington stuff you mentioned with llama, just to make sure I still felt the same about him. And I do. I think the way he acted there gives absolutely not indication of his alignment. The way he acted there is a way I've seen him act as both a civvie and a baddie.

I'm going to finish re-reading the other threads I hadn't completely finished yet. And given one of them is one I hadn't even looked at yet (Penn's Grove), that might take a bit.
I'll back down from thellama73 for the time being. The main reason I was open about my suspicions with him was in case he was bad he would be more likely to trip over himself with a weak defense. He hasn't really tripped over anything, which could mean he's playing a good scum game but for now I turn my suspicions towards johns22jj.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Vompatti »

voted *nevi* :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Keterman wrote:He hasn't really tripped over anything.
I attribute my lack of tripping to sure-footed agility and a healthy abstention from hallucinogenic drugs.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright, I finished catching up on the other threads. The only thing I got out of it (that I had totally forgotten) was that somebody vanished on Night 3. And from what I can tell, it was never something that was very thoroughly explored.

I also didn't really get any new read on anybody else. So I might wait and see what develops in here before I make a decision on who to vote for. But given the title of the poll, I think this is going to be a standard lynch.
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Is it very common people vote very ealy in this site?

Maybe is cause Im more the overthinking and clueless side, most of the time,
and also the poll ends until tomorrow and even if I will be votting somewhat early tomorrow as I will be busy toward the end of the timer, it still good to read what people think before making a decision
or maybe people are very confidence at their hunting baddies skills

I sort of want to read all the threads, but is a lot, when you see all them together :huh:

I gotta say Im gonna miss traveling :( if we dont do it anymore , I was enjoying that game mechanic, and my guess is that we will be staying here until the end of the game
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

unfurl wrote:Is it very common people vote very ealy in this site?
Usually a few people vote early and everyone else waits until the last minute to get maximum information. I am usually in the "waiting" camp, but today I felt like trying something different.

unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

I was thinking, who were the people who were very eager to fight more then once?

like I got the impression DH wanted to fight everywhere he was, when he had done it at least once,
so maybe among people who were very excited to fight a lot times, could be other recruits or tyler himself

maybe there is a connection there, on people wanted to fight really bad,
but to find out that, it will imply to read all the threads, and to assume everyone behave the same?
which will very likely is not, cause not everyone behaves the same
also we dont know, how many recruits there are this time? Is day 5, so if there has been at least one per period, around 4 will be my less guess, but maybe more
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Vompatti »

How do we die in fights? Is it completely random?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Vompatti wrote:How do we die in fights? Is it completely random?
No. :feb:
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
PLAYERS
Kate -- Vanished - Night 3

Alive: 35
Vanished: 1
Dead: 2
MP
What does vanished mean?
are vanished people coming back to the game?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

unfurl wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
PLAYERS

MP
What does vanished mean?
MP, who are the members of Project Mayhem and who is Tyler Durden? Thanks.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

unfurl wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
PLAYERS

MP
What does vanished mean?
Good questions. :feb:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

You know, since we're all asking questions that there's no chance MP will answer.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
unfurl wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
PLAYERS

MP
What does vanished mean?
MP, who are the members of Project Mayhem and who is Tyler Durden? Thanks.
So tempted to answer this, but... :p
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

thellama73 wrote:You know, since we're all asking questions that there's no chance MP will answer.
well maybe you know he is not gonna answer it, but I did not know he was not gonna answer it :P so I dont see a problem in asking it :stare:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I will repeat:

It is in your and your team's best interest to vote this day period. So do it.

Last warning. Now no one can complain I didn't warn them. :feb:
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

People who do not vote, will propably get modkilled :p
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

unfurl wrote:People who do not vote, will propably get modkilled :p
That would be very in-character for Alex.

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

unfurl wrote:I was thinking, who were the people who were very eager to fight more then once?

like I got the impression DH wanted to fight everywhere he was, when he had done it at least once,
so maybe among people who were very excited to fight a lot times, could be other recruits or tyler himself

but to find out that, it will imply to read all the threads, and to assume everyone behave the same?
also we dont know, how many recruits there are this time? Is day 5, so if there has been at least one per period, around 4 will be my less guess, but maybe more
Going with this train of thought -
Bullz
Timmer
Teeth
Are 3 that spring to mind in my very limited travel.

Teeth backed right off of fighting after someone (poss SVS) said that we need to be careful about who fights so one or two people do not get stronger than everyone else. His backing off quickly pinged me but he has done nothing else to twitch my nose since.

Bullz -not only wanted to fight but defended DH.

Timmer - also eager to fight and gave several reasons as to why he should fight again before people who have not fought or chose not to fight. He dropped his stance when he realized no one would vote him to fight again over someone who has not fought.

Am I the only person who did not fight?

Also I miss the small groups as I really do not like playing large games.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Also crazy theory time -

Marla Singer = Kate the Vanished!??
;)
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Roxy,
I was skimming/reading, and bullz seemed to be very buddy-budy with DH
from my traveling, I recall timmer(penns grove) and bwt(delaware city), were the first 2 players to volunteer in each of the places, if I recall correctly, as DH did also in New castle, not sure if it means something in terms of alliance, but I did find it curious, too much eagerness perhaps? :mafia:

Very intersting you theory that maybe marla has something to do with kate vanished
Im thinking Kate will eventually be back, and hopefully she can tell us what happend to her
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Roxy wrote: Going with this train of thought -
Bullz
Timmer
Teeth
Are 3 that spring to mind in my very limited travel.

Teeth backed right off of fighting after someone (poss SVS) said that we need to be careful about who fights so one or two people do not get stronger than everyone else. His backing off quickly pinged me but he has done nothing else to twitch my nose since.

Look away. I had just wanted to fight for the sake of fighting, but I wasn't going to push it when someone else (SVS in this case) came up with a very logical reason why it would benefit us to allow many people a chance to fight and grow stronger. And I figured that was more likely to keep me alive longer than wanting to continue to fight. Look how that turned out for DH. :P

Bullz -not only wanted to fight but defended DH.

Timmer - also eager to fight and gave several reasons as to why he should fight again before people who have not fought or chose not to fight. He dropped his stance when he realized no one would vote him to fight again over someone who has not fought.

With Bullz and Timmer, do you have quotes or remember which threads this occurred in? I probably read it, but in my haste to read up on all 4 of them this morning, I might have missed both of those.

Am I the only person who did not fight?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think you may be right about BWT, Rox. The way he backed off (me particularly, but also in general) seems to indicate a new recruit.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Nevinera »

Sigh.
I am busy, and I'm not around much, but I am civ.
I can't read too much into Llama's early vote; his behavior rarely varies with role.
But Johns didn't give any reason for his vote for me that I can see.

Since I can't afford to miss this vote apparently, I'm going to go ahead and vote for johns2jj before I miss another one.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

unfurl wrote:I was thinking, who were the people who were very eager to fight more then once?

What's wrong with wanting to fight? After the first round we knew that losing didn't automatically mean death, but winning meant you gained fighting experience (which may or may not be important later)? I think it's stranger people didn't want to fight, like maybe they've got too much to lose to dare risking the more negative consequences of a loss.
Roxy wrote: Bullz -not only wanted to fight but defended DH.
I didn't really defend DH. All I did was point out that what he had said in Newcastle wasn't really the same as what Llama had said in Wilmington to gain heat from people. DH basically said "hey, let's look out for each other just in case other cities gang up on newcomers" while Llama said "Let's gang up and kill any newcomers who show up". That's all I was saying.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Hedgeowl »

timmer wrote:So I've got a question for Hedgeowl. On Day 2 when I shifted fight clubs, I had noticed your post from Day 1 where you said that the hometown in the thread's title meant nothing to you.

You said: "I saw that, but it didnt mean anything to me. So you think other people are in a different hometown?"

i speculated at the time that, considering that Tyler is a figment of the narrator's imagination, maybe the Tyler role PM didn't feature a hometown. It's a longshot, admittedly, but your post pinged me because of it.

So my question to you is simply... why did the fight club hometown mean nothing to you?
Hedgeowl wrote: Hellooo Wilmington! Ketermen and I have returned from New Castle bearing news, but no beer.

So, I just caught up on the thread and you know what's funny? DH proposed that all people from New Castle move as a voting block to other cities. While I don't remember if he advocated killing all the others, it is funny that llama got all the flack for that. In my mind they basically proposed similar ideas.

Is Timmer here? Since we don't have a poll I don't know who to respond to. Yes, I was initially confused about what hometown meant and no I didn't read or remember in detail the contents of my PM. (I have since reread it ) I am at the beach this week, but promise to be more attentive next week.

Also, Kate was seriously injured and did stay behind in New Castle.

Hey Timmer here was my post in Wilmington. It truly was an honest mistake, because when I first asked llama I thought he meant our actual hometowns (which are near each other, and we grew up together somewhat).
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote: Hey Timmer here was my post in Wilmington. It truly was an honest mistake, because when I first asked llama I thought he meant our actual hometowns (which are near each other, and we grew up together somewhat).
Um, last time I checked I was born in Texas, not anywhere near you. I then subsequently grew up in Connecticut, not anywhere near you, and California, still not anywhere near you.

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 101

Post by timmer »

Interesting. hedge, any follow-up? considering thellama's reply too you, my ping is getting stronger. ..

Roxy, I make no apology for wanting to fight! it seemed like the game was going to be a serIes of fights and if you go through my posts youll find one where I broke down in detail my thoughts on how people would survive this game. it involved poker analogies. I stand by my reasoning. I think trying to find baddies by looking at people whowanted top fight, when the game isfight club, is maybe not the greatest idea personally. what do you think of hedge??,
My siggie.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

It was the Wilmington thread for both Teeth.

However in New Castle DH did too say he wanted to gang up (or more similar wording to llama than either DH OR bullz want to admit to) on new comers (or just like llama proposed - an us vs them mentality.

I will gladly pull the quotes inre: DH when I get home.

Linky I was there Timmer so I know what you said and how you said it but you still were making reasons as why you should get to fight a second time when others had not fought one time.
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:Interesting. hedge, any follow-up? considering thellama's reply too you, my ping is getting stronger. ..

Roxy, I make no apology for wanting to fight! it seemed like the game was going to be a serIes of fights and if you go through my posts youll find one where I broke down in detail my thoughts on how people would survive this game. it involved poker analogies. I stand by my reasoning. I think trying to find baddies by looking at people whowanted top fight, when the game isfight club, is maybe not the greatest idea personally. what do you think of hedge??,
I actually think she is telling the truth. I was just messing with her.

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

No Roxy, I gave reasons why I WOULD fight a second time if others didn't WANT to. You are completely misrepresenTing the tone and content of my posts.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

thellama73 wrote:
timmer wrote:Interesting. hedge, any follow-up? considering thellama's reply too you, my ping is getting stronger. ..

Well jeez dont mess with my head!
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

"I can certainly fight again if there is a lack of volunteers, but I'll likely just vote for whoever wants to fight the most."

Roxy, how are posts like that matching what you are saying? I never tried to steal a spot in a fight from those who hasn't fought yet. I just said that if people don't want to fight, I will. Tell me how I'm wrong, please.
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Well jeez dont mess with my head!
I'm sorry. I keep forgetting that other people read what I post.

johns2jj
Posts in topic: 4

Post by johns2jj »

For those who asked. I am on a 3 day trip to Bahrain so I wanted to vote early because I was not sure if I was going to make it back in time and we have been warned. Llama made a good point at the time when I read regarding multiple birds one stone.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I take no issue with voting early, but why not make a post when you voted? What you did was sneaky.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

i'm opposed to voting nevi, it's unlikely that he's been recruited at this point so the 2 birds 1 stone thing is moot

it's actually funny that people are looking at bullz now for a possible link to DH, i was thinking the same thing earlier. he's also gone for fights a lot.
Roxy wrote:Am I the only person who did not fight?
I didn't fight either. i was worried about the risk until day 4 or so when i was just like "yeah whatever"
yea, there are a lot more posts to read now :c
johns2jj
Posts in topic: 4

Post by johns2jj »

I have found the more vocal I am the sooner I die. If this condemns me so be it.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

DH quotes c and p'ed.
DharmaHelper wrote:Another thing to keep in mind is that it seems like we will be fighting people within our city (or more accurately the city we are currently in), since I'm fighting Kate. What I originally thought was that it would be city vs. city, so I'm sort of disappointed that we are guaranteed to lose someone tonight. But that also means that each of these other cities are going to be losing people. The main reason I want to make sure we all pick a unified option is so that in the future we are not forced to fight (and therefore die) because one city has a majority rule. If we all go to the same place we have a cushion of 8 votes to give to someone NOT from our city, giving us some security when it comes to fights.
DharmaHelper wrote:Therefore, the safest way forward is together, so that we do not end up stranded in enemy territory and forced to fight while other cities skate by. Logically, having 7 people at your back makes the most sense.
Bullz defense post that pinged me most:
Bullzeye wrote:I will say again that I think the DH thing is inaccurate, if you distrust him because of the discussion on day 3. His suggestion back in Newcastle, as I understood it, was that those of us leaving should stick together just in case anyone in the cities we went to decided they wanted to band together and force newcomers to fight. Not really the same as Llama's suggestion that Wilmington natives literally group up and kill off anyone who comes here. In fact, Llama's way of thinking is exactly what DH was hoping to counteract. If I hadn't been seriously injured at the time I'd have brought this up. I'm sure everyone knows how frustrating it is to be silenced with something you really NEED to say.
As you can read DH had an us vs them mentality - just like llama. Bullz would like to put the focus on the wording but if you read llama (Day 1 Wilmington) he propsed the same thing DH did. Us vs them. they both wanted their cities to stick together and go against other cities. potato, patahto.

Other tidbit from bullz.
Bullzeye wrote:Well I clearly haven't learned my lesson because I want to fight again! I'll happily take on anyone who hasn't already won a fight.
First it is pingy bc he is all for fighting a second time and he self voted.
But for me the big ping is the part that he wants to fight someone who hasn't won a fight - meaning maybe he was hoping to increase his skill level - idk maybe he just wanted to fight.

Maybe I am just extremely leery of those that pushed themselves for a second fight. the 3 I listed are not alone in their need to fight. there are others that fit that category.

BR - what did you make of the exchange betwixt you and Keterman in Wilmington?

Timmer - you do not have to apologize for wanting to fight but I also reserve the right to be suspicious of those that did want to fight a second time or were overly anxious to fight one time.

I gave my thoughts on Hedge when we were in Wilmington together. I thought it odd she wasn't giving her opinions in addition to what you and llama pointed out. tbs she feels abit like she did in the Lost game we played together when her team deaded me in my favorite role I have ever had - Hurley.
;)
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Roxy wrote:DH quotes c and p'ed.
DharmaHelper wrote:Another thing to keep in mind is that it seems like we will be fighting people within our city (or more accurately the city we are currently in), since I'm fighting Kate. What I originally thought was that it would be city vs. city, so I'm sort of disappointed that we are guaranteed to lose someone tonight. But that also means that each of these other cities are going to be losing people. The main reason I want to make sure we all pick a unified option is so that in the future we are not forced to fight (and therefore die) because one city has a majority rule. If we all go to the same place we have a cushion of 8 votes to give to someone NOT from our city, giving us some security when it comes to fights.
DharmaHelper wrote:Therefore, the safest way forward is together, so that we do not end up stranded in enemy territory and forced to fight while other cities skate by. Logically, having 7 people at your back makes the most sense.
Bullz defense post that pinged me most:
Bullzeye wrote:I will say again that I think the DH thing is inaccurate, if you distrust him because of the discussion on day 3. His suggestion back in Newcastle, as I understood it, was that those of us leaving should stick together just in case anyone in the cities we went to decided they wanted to band together and force newcomers to fight. Not really the same as Llama's suggestion that Wilmington natives literally group up and kill off anyone who comes here. In fact, Llama's way of thinking is exactly what DH was hoping to counteract. If I hadn't been seriously injured at the time I'd have brought this up. I'm sure everyone knows how frustrating it is to be silenced with something you really NEED to say.
As you can read DH had an us vs them mentality - just like llama. Bullz would like to put the focus on the wording but if you read llama (Day 1 Wilmington) he propsed the same thing DH did. Us vs them. they both wanted their cities to stick together and go against other cities. potato, patahto.
Compare DH's quotes to Llama's, which I notice you conveniently omitted. Llama literally said Wilmington should just 'kill newcomers as they arrive'. DH's suggestion was that we stick together to counteract people suggesting things like Llama did. That is what I was saying in my 'defense'. I'm not sure how you aren't seeing the difference.
Other tidbit from bullz.
Bullzeye wrote:Well I clearly haven't learned my lesson because I want to fight again! I'll happily take on anyone who hasn't already won a fight.
First it is pingy bc he is all for fighting a second time and he self voted.
But for me the big ping is the part that he wants to fight someone who hasn't won a fight - meaning maybe he was hoping to increase his skill level - idk maybe he just wanted to fight.
What is wrong with wanting to fight? I lost my first fight and I obviously didn't want to fight so I could lose. I wanted to beat Sorsha and when I didn't I wanted another chance to win a fight. Yes, to increase my skill level. It might be important later for all I know. Not to mention, the theme of the game is Fight Club. It'd be weirder in my view to want to avoid fighting even after we found out losing doesn't necessarily kill you. Of course I self voted when I wanted to fight. It's the obvious thing to do.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Bullz- Potato, pahtahto. They both wanted it to be city vs city. Then I am totes at the top of your weirdo list as I avoided fighting even when I could have.
*All I am saying is give peace a chance*
;)

Return to “Previous Jobs”