Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Five

Post by S~V~S »

*Admiral Cain. Forme it is asimple think. If you have any other reason for thinking I am a cylon, I would like to hear them.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Silverwolf wrote:A few are suspicious of JJJ-what's the case? I'm genuinely curious because I see him doing a lot of gamesolving along with Rico which is why I have those two as town. If either, both of them are scum, I'm likely not gonna catch them at this point so I'd like to see some reasoning on why if you suspect them. I'm open to listening on anyone as I'm have a really hard time getting good reads this game. It's frustrating the hell out of me tbh. Maybe it's cuz I don't know the lore.
This is why you're going to be mopped up here many times over if you play long enough. "Gamesolving" is a simple thing to fake. I can turn it on when I want to. A number of people here can. Sometimes we're genuine about it and sometimes we're being bullshitters. I'm dropping 3J and Rico into the latter category. 3J to the greater extent, and Ricochet as a peripheral accomplice, if you will. No, I don't expect either one will be lynched today in the present climate. But if you take their names off the table because they're "gamesolving," you are giving them a pass and allowing their content to slide without scrutiny.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Black Rock, I'd say the burden of proof is on you right now, so I'm listening.
I am much too much with the rye and coke tonight. Explain this further.

I also know claiming SVS as an enemy is like shooting myself in the foot. I don't expect people to believe me. It's just who we are.
I mean that you are making a claim I am going to have a tough time believing, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to hear you out.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
S~V~S wrote:And I was not putting words into anyones mouth, I am trying to understand what she means.

BR has not said anything to me or about me the whole game, so I am hard pressed to understand why she suddenly thinks I am bad if it is not related to my main topic of discussion for some time now, how I think that you are bad, LC.

Thanks for dropping the time back Golden. I a still staying up too late lol.
I used to think you had the humans best interests at heart. I no longer think you do. I just focused on LoRab first and had a hiccup with the game. Now that is over and I have shaken my head, I realize you aren't my friend this game.
I am sorry you feel that way but you are mistaken. I am a human, but I do not think all the Cylons are baddies. And I hate the win cons that say they are. I want the win cons that we had back. And since the president gave us the silliest law possible, I think that is telling us that the President is unable to get us out old wincons back. Which means the admiral has to go.

See, where I stand. Nothing is worse for me and I AM human, and not a bad one. So I have to question where you stand and why killing a human is SO important to you.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

See,I disagree,Epi. I think JJJ is stone cold civvie, and I don't get the suspish there, either.

Linki,me too. I want to hear it.

Linki, so it is about LC? I think he ia a bad human who is a danger to us all.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

SokothQultuq, I know it's not continual, I read the law. For frak's sake, I'm not THAT dumb. Jesus, this annoyed me a LOT.

IF EVERYONE CLAIMS CYLON, EVERYONE WILL BE SURE THAT NO CYLON, SHOULD HE/SHE BE EVIL OR NOT, WILL BE IMMUNE TO A LYNCH ON THE DAY OF THE CLAIM.
THIS IS A LOGICAL DEDUCTION DERIVED FROM THE CYLON AMNESTY ACT.
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY IN ORDER FOR US TO LYNCH CAVIL, OR ELSE WE'LL BE AT LEAST ONE DAY LATE IN LYNCHING HIM.

Have I been clear enough?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 425
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
S~V~S wrote:And I was not putting words into anyones mouth, I am trying to understand what she means.

BR has not said anything to me or about me the whole game, so I am hard pressed to understand why she suddenly thinks I am bad if it is not related to my main topic of discussion for some time now, how I think that you are bad, LC.

I used to think you had the humans best interests at heart. I no longer think you do. I just focused on LoRab first and had a hiccup with the game. Now that is over and I have shaken my head, I realize you aren't my friend this game.
I am sorry you feel that way but you are mistaken. I am a human, but I do not think all the Cylons are baddies. And I hate the win cons that say they are. I want the win cons that we had back. And since the president gave us the silliest law possible, I think that is telling us that the President is unable to get us out old wincons back. Which means the admiral has to go.
I can change your mind.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I feel he unilaterally changed our win cons, and he only has his own, indy, agenda at heart, not ours.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

S~V~S, the wincons added by Admiral Cain are to be followed in addition to, and not as a substitute for, your winning conditions.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:SokothQultuq, I know it's not continual, I read the law. For frak's sake, I'm not THAT dumb. Jesus, this annoyed me a LOT.

IF EVERYONE CLAIMS CYLON, EVERYONE WILL BE SURE THAT NO CYLON, SHOULD HE/SHE BE EVIL OR NOT, WILL BE IMMUNE TO A LYNCH ON THE DAY OF THE CLAIM.
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY IN ORDER FOR US TO LYNCH CAVIL, OR ELSE WE'LL BE AT LEAST ONE DAY LATE IN LYNCHING HIM.

I retract my praise regarding your mastery of English. You know neither what "absolutely" or "necessary" mean. :eye:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

Epignosis wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:A few are suspicious of JJJ-what's the case? I'm genuinely curious because I see him doing a lot of gamesolving along with Rico which is why I have those two as town. If either, both of them are scum, I'm likely not gonna catch them at this point so I'd like to see some reasoning on why if you suspect them. I'm open to listening on anyone as I'm have a really hard time getting good reads this game. It's frustrating the hell out of me tbh. Maybe it's cuz I don't know the lore.
This is why you're going to be mopped up here many times over if you play long enough. "Gamesolving" is a simple thing to fake. I can turn it on when I want to. A number of people here can. Sometimes we're genuine about it and sometimes we're being bullshitters. I'm dropping 3J and Rico into the latter category. 3J to the greater extent, and Ricochet as a peripheral accomplice, if you will. No, I don't expect either one will be lynched today in the present climate. But if you take their names off the table because they're "gamesolving," you are giving them a pass and allowing their content to slide without scrutiny.
Good point. I went after MP who was scum in Championship despite his game solving-doing ISO's like JJJ and Rico are and posting heavily but no one listened because of his heavy posting. So I never got him lynched and town won. I see more town motivation in their posting that scum at this time but I am willing to listen to evidence on the contrary because I'm hard pressed to want them lynched.

Also as a side note to everyone. I would love to hear some points from Black Rock on SVS this day phase. It will help me read them both. I have SVS as town as of right now. But going against the grain on this, would have me assume she has some reasons and I'd love to see them.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

I can change your mind.
Can you now?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Then swap "necessary" with "vital". Is that good enough for you?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Sorry, town lost in that Championship game.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Polo wrote:SokothQultuq, I know it's not continual, I read the law. For frak's sake, I'm not THAT dumb. Jesus, this annoyed me a LOT.

How will the claim-deniers react when they try to lynch a bad Cylon and they suddenly use their unused claim and end up lynching the unfortunate Civ who is next in line? How is any of this crap - pride, possible Final Five, whatever else - worth it in light of that inevitable result? That's the thing that just frustrates me with the non-claimers.

I want to just reiterate the key word there, because it is extremely important to understand:

Inevitable.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:Then swap "necessary" with "vital". Is that good enough for you?
No. It isn't. I think you are too busy nitpicking over who claimed what instead of figuring out who needs to be lynched. I think your enthusiasm is counterfeit, and I want to know why zebra was swift to protect you from my questioning.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

I can change your mind.
Can you now?
No. I need time.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

I can change your mind.
I have an open mind, regardless of what you might think. I was hoping the President would back you up. But I am going to bed.

I can catch an AM sortie if someone posts the schedule during the night.

Linki, yes,Polo, I know that,poor wording on my part. Fundamentally changed our win cons. I think Epi, a cylon, for instance, is aligned with the town. But now we need him dead, and wtf for? And potentially Six.

Linki, lol, how much time?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

"I can write my name."

"Can you now?"

"No. I need time."

:suspish:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

I also feel like everyone should claim cylon but it's obvious there are some who are not going to-Epi, Sokoth, OA and I am not going to push to lynch people for having minds of their own. So in any case, I'd like everyone that is willing to claim, claim and if you don't, just tell us why as these 3 already have. Even if they get out of a lynch down the road and are cylon, I still don't want to force anyone to go along with group think. We are not a cult here. I'm o.k. with them saying no. I think we've wasted a lot of game time trying to convince people to do it who are not going to.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nicely put, Silverwolf.

Bottom line is this: This is an immensely dynamic setup. Stop with the OMG WE GOTTA BURN ALL THE HOUSES DOWN ON THE STREET BECAUSE THE LATEST BUTTERFLY SAID SO.

Keep your eye on the prize. If it works out that you don't win because somebody fucked with your win condition, be a big boy or a big girl about it and deal. It doesn't mean you played a bad game. It means you got screwed. Happens all the time. You could be just as screwed, possibly, by being killed.

Now back to regularly scheduled shit show.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:*Admiral Cain. Forme it is asimple think. If you have any other reason for thinking I am a cylon, I would like to hear them.
Also, a linki or otherwise to you. Cylons are on a whole wanting all humans dead, because we are flawed. So... you want Cain dead... for Epig? I don't want Epig to die for lame reasons but, we're not there yet. No other listed Cylon is making me feel that way. If the "real" final 5 were listed as Cylons I would feel differently, but they are human this game. So that's why, not LC at all, but you wanting to save "good" Cylons (Epig) over humans. You are actively seeking this instead of getting rid of the evil cylons first, which LC is likely not. I also am not convinced that any human have killed.
ImageImage
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

Polo wrote:Do you not suspect Sig?
Oh, I most certainly do. But he just declared so he is no longer a member of that group, and a vote today is now wasted because he's probably a toaster.
*indiglowing*
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Black Rock wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

See, where I stand. Nothing is worse for me and I AM human, and not a bad one. So I have to question where you stand and why killing a human is SO important to you.
She isn't just a human, she is a tyrannical dictator. She declared Martial law and hurt people I think are part of the town. It has nothing to do with its effects on me as an individual, it has to do with the effects on the town as a whole.

And I don't see this role having any good effects. Only bad ones.

Again, sorry you feel this way.

Beddy bye,night all.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Epi: is my enthusiasm really counterfeit when someone replies with a complete and utter distortion of what I have been saying since the Cylon Amnesty Act was enacted?
I am in no way associated with Zebra and I'm ok with lynching her. I am fine with voting on mostly any of the unclaimers to see them use up their claim; which is WHY WE NEED EVERYONE TO CLAIM.

The Cylon Amnesty Act hurts town so hard but we might get a Cylon or two out of those who haven't claimed yet IF they're not confident enough to waste their immunity. Even if we don't, we need to get everyone to claim and end this immunity bullshit.

S~V~S: We can only hope we can kill Cavil and his mates before Epi is NK'ed. I don't think anyone who's trusting the lore on Athena is going to advocate his lynch. But, as I just touched on this subject, I'd like to mention that one of the last posts said by OA before she got cursed with the emoticon thing is that there are two model 8s. Does this mean Epi might have resurrected as Boomer? :ponder: This would be a really mad scenario and I don't think it's plausible, but this game is weird as frak already. Just had to get that theory outta my chest.
Long Con wrote:

How will the claim-deniers react when they try to lynch a bad Cylon and they suddenly use their unused claim and end up lynching the unfortunate Civ who is next in line? How is any of this crap - pride, possible Final Five, whatever else - worth it in light of that inevitable result? That's the thing that just frustrates me with the non-claimers.

I want to just reiterate the key word there, because it is extremely important to understand:

Inevitable.
The only way we can avoid that is by having only one person be the recipient of votes, but even that is almost impossible due to Ellen Tigh's power.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

BlackRock, do you think Admiral Cain is a good role?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWOP, that she is good for the town as a whole?
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

EBWOP

...a vote today FOR SIG is now wasted...
*indiglowing*
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Dex wrote:EBWOP

GOOD point.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And couple of days. Can you just lynch Cylons until then or something? Is your win conditions going to be resolved in that time? You don't need Cain gone until it is time to end the game. I swear to you that you are better off and will have a greater chance of winning if you let me be. Unless you get lynched instead. But thats obvious.
Epignosis wrote:"I can write my name."

"Can you now?"

"No. I need time."

Crappy comparison. Don't do that. It's not that simple, you don't know what's going on.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Dex wrote:EBWOP

Yeah he claimed today so that gets him out of a lynch if he's cylon today.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:Epi: is my enthusiasm really counterfeit when someone replies with a complete and utter distortion of what I have been saying since the Cylon Amnesty Act was enacted?
Could be. Might be. Definitely is a toss up.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
And couple of days. Can you just lynch Cylons until then or something? Is your win conditions going to be resolved in that time? You don't need Cain gone until it is time to end the game. I swear to you that you are better off and will have a greater chance of winning if you let me be. Unless you get lynched instead. But thats obvious.

"Can you now?"

"No. I need time."

Crappy comparison. Don't do that. It's not that simple, you don't know what's going on.
Oh, no, you're absolutely right. I don't. Over my head. Pardon me while I fuck off some galaxy.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:

"Can you now?"

"No. I need time."

You waiting for something else to happen?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Epignosis wrote:
Polo wrote:Epi: is my enthusiasm really counterfeit when someone replies with a complete and utter distortion of what I have been saying since the Cylon Amnesty Act was enacted?
I applaud your paranoia.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

LC, you once posted a list of the roles and guessed their alignment. Now that we know who the secret role is, what is your call on Cain?
*indiglowing*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I applaud your paranoia.
There are only two instances when I get paranoid, and you don't know me well enough to know when those are. ;)
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Epignosis wrote:
Polo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I applaud your paranoia.
There are only two instances when I get paranoid, and you don't know me well enough to know when those are. ;)
This song fits you so fine, Cylon.

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:See,I disagree,Epi. I think JJJ is stone cold civvie, and I don't get the suspish there, either.

No SVS. Thanks for trying to make me THAT girl. I love my husband in real life, it's true. I am talking about my own win conditions. Not his. Also about the show. Epig has the only Cylon role that I trust, and you are worried about the other Cylons that committed human genocide. Besides thinking LC is Cain, explain why you trust Cylons over her. I mean listed Cylons, the ones that killed 12 colonies. LoRab was one of those Cylons. I'm not sad about her death. Unless your win condition features some human death, I am confused about your focus.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

You guys are posting too fast for my rye brain.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Polo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I applaud your paranoia.
This song fits you so fine, Cylon.

What's that?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

"Paranoid Android", by Radiohead.
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

You seem to think that one day or another will make the difference in a lynch, how can you be so sure he's not claimed that he is a Cylon already? if your so certain of this, then by all means clear the air and throw down your suspicion of who this person is and I'm certain we all will vote for them and I will happily do as you ask but I still do not see the point if you cannot be certain. And again what is the point if not all have claimed this then?

Your getting angry and throwing around your words will not simply convince me. You can be insulted if you want I was making a point. Outlining it even for those who have just jumped in on this conversation. If that insulted you then I can see that it is very easy to get under your skin.

Anyone else want to try and give me a good reason to throw my "I'm a Cylon" into the pot? Polo certainly has made me think more about sticking to my moral compass rather than joining this band wagon.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:BlackRock, do you think Admiral Cain is a good role?
I believe Cain is a pro human role and a anti Cylon role, which meshes fine. Unless I see Cain doing some random killing, I am not afraid of that role. I also think you are silly to think LC is that role, just because he has stated his distaste of Cylons and then Cain did. Do you really think our host is so black and white? Also LC? Really? I don't understand your play this game SVS. I figure you're Cylon trying to distract the thread... or new. You aren't new.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dex wrote:LC, you once posted a list of the roles and guessed their alignment. Now that we know who the secret role is, what is your call on Cain?
I believe Cain needs to kill all Cylons. I don't think, and didn't think back then, that this game is a simple civ vs bad. I think Cain upsets certain factions, and that the Cylons that most humans need dead are the biggest likely voice of those factions. It just makes logical sense.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Black Rock wrote:
S~V~S wrote:See,I disagree,Epi. I think JJJ is stone cold civvie, and I don't get the suspish there, either.

No SVS. Thanks for trying to make me THAT girl. I love my husband in real life, it's true. I am talking about my own win conditions. Not his. Also about the show. Epig has the only Cylon role that I trust, and you are worried about the other Cylons that committed human genocide. Besides thinking LC is Cain, explain why you trust Cylons over her. I mean listed Cylons, the ones that killed 12 colonies. LoRab was one of those Cylons. I'm not sad about her death. Unless your win condition features some human death, I am confused about your focus.
I don't trust cylons over her, I don't trust any of them. I think she is just as dangerous to sometown people as the cylons. I am also worried about human roles like Helo & Baltar whose win cons may well be related to cylons. I am worried about Adama, based on the reading I have done. President Roslin. We have no clue what Cain can do but I am sure it is not good.

I just think she is as anti town as the cylons. She declared Martial law, and took the fleet way from Adama.

And I think we know who she is, so yeah, I would love to lynch Cain. I think she is anti town, 100%, human or not. But we have 2 days to vote,I am willing to listen to LC, and see what else happens.

Linki @ BR, but not PRO TOWN. This game is not as simple as that. I think Cain is not protown. Cain is pro faction, and faction =/= town.

Now really, good night :beer:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Polo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I applaud your paranoia.
This sounds cool, you have to follow up, what are they?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

SokothQultuq: Do you know how can I be sure that he's claimed Cylon already? When everyone claims.

Your stubbornness might be the bane of us. It is quite obvious that if there is in fact a bad Cylon among the unclaimed, that Cylon can and probably will enjoy his immunity if his lynch is imminent, and thus will be alive for, at least, one more day, and the next most voted person will die. Are you okay with this fact?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:
Dex wrote:LC, you once posted a list of the roles and guessed their alignment. Now that we know who the secret role is, what is your call on Cain?
I believe Cain needs to kill all Cylons. I don't think, and didn't think back then, that this game is a simple civ vs bad. I think Cain upsets certain factions, and that the Cylons that most humans need dead are the biggest likely voice of those factions. It just makes logical sense.
So I think you're bad news for the town and now I'm a cylon?

I am not a cylon. I don't like dictators and martial law can't be good. Te other shoe has not dropped yet. And it will.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I am willing to listen to LC, and see what else happens.
Thank you, I promise you will not regret it.

Return to “Previous Jobs”