79%

Total votes: 19
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

Re: Inception [Hypnagogic Phase]

Post by Elephant »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:19 pm
vanity. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:15 pm i'm probably going to get questions about my nanook read so i'll just explain that now
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:51 pm Hey guys, I was busy the entirety of yesterday and forgot to check in here briefly, but all you missed was me saying hello and kill Lexi forthwith.

That is all, I’m going back to driving now. Someone wake me up at like D6
nanook instantly pushing lld in this post reads to me as "i've been burned by this person bad and i want to lynch them out of paranoia" to me. it's like a classic v thought process in my opinion. now, he has a good wolf game and i wouldn't take this to the grave, but i think it was enough to give him a townread, especially since no one else v read him.
Apparently I lost a post, tried to respond to this to say that it was a joke and I probably wouldn’t take it too seriously. I don’t really believe in paranoia or fear kills tbh
Lexi refers to LadyLambdaDelta, and seeing all of these names linked feels...weird. On D2, Nanook gets nightkilled (?) in the other group. On D3, vanity. is wagoned and almost lynched here (Nanook placed his vote off-wagon, on Creature), Nanook is nightkilled, and on D4, LadyLambdaDelta appears with us. If this was a movie, vanity. and LadyLambdaDelta would be villains together, and LLD would switch groups to help her teammate not get lynched. We shall see if the story continues to develop like a movie, or if this remains just a mafia game.
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 4]

Post by Elephant »

Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:34 am WAIT

BOO'S MASON PARTNER MIGHT'VE BEEN THE ONE PUSHING THOSE THREE, OR AT LEAST, TRYING TO MAKE A CASE FOR 112 AND EVENSTAR!
If iaafr was softing a mason role on D2, then why did we lynch Boo on the same day? Is there anything in Spiny/Boo's ISO that betrayed their mason role, that could have been found, or rather, is there anything in iaafr's ISO that pointed at Spiny? It's a long shot, but if scum could make that link, they could have engineered that lynch.
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

I had thought that Ty4on had doomed himself by unvoting vanity, but that is wrong. Nanook equalized the wagons when he switched to Trustworthy Liberal. Such chaos!
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Trustworthy Liberal's phone auto-corrects every two-letter word starting with the letter "i", such as "if", "in", or "is", to the word "I".
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:56 am Trustworthy Liberal's phone auto-corrects every two-letter word starting with the letter "i", such as "if", "in", or "is", to the word "I".
Correction: This happens seemingly randomly.
I am the Elephant.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I have a way too early meeting today and won't be able to catch up this morning and post. I'll be back sometime mid afternoon and catch up then.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

I wonder why unrelated thoughts keep entering my mind as I read Trustworthy Liberal's ISO. I like Hyena and Creature because their play style tends to keep the game state fluid. They seem to have a knack for spotting stale players and challenging them. As long as either one of them is doing this, we shouldn't be stuck on a powerwolf gamestate.
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:02 am I have a way too early meeting today and won't be able to catch up this morning and post. I'll be back sometime mid afternoon and catch up then.
Are there any elephants at your meeting?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (163.21 KiB) Viewed 660 times
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Juliets was usually here to talk to me, her absence is noticeable.

[mention]nutella[/mention] [mention]LadyLambdaDelta[/mention] Is the vanity lynch comparable to the Keldeo lynch in the MU finale?
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 3]

Post by Elephant »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:44 pm
Elephant wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:43 pm
Elephant wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:41 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:38 pm
Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:37 pm Okay vanity's Return gives me mixed feelings and i think am still okay with them being voted today but what i did notice was Creature going and taking multiple D1 reads list off dead people as well as people not here in an attempt to save vanity from his wagon and move it to another one and wouldn't mind looking there tomorrow more.
Okay, I admit I'm making a ton of effort to save my buddy here to the point of doing all crazy things because he's none other than my beloved janitor
Please explain.
The role list strongly implies that the janitor is mafia.
viewtopic.php?p=557233#p557233
Oh, I thought the janitor was that guy that locked the clients inside the shop and served as a jailkeeper
Nanook was revealed to be the jailkeeper. How did you arrive at the conclusion that this role was vested in vanity?
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Hello, Trustworthy Liberal!

I have read your posts, and I like them. I have some questions for you.
Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:53 pm
Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:53 pm we get more info from lynching TLib than Faraday.
If you lynch me tommorow so be it but one extra days makes a huge difference for me
1) You have reached phase 4, and you are still alive! How do you feel about that?

2) I think that your current scum reads are vanity and, depending on vanity's alignment, Creature or Elephant (myself). Is that correct?

3) The following players have been here since the beginning: Hyena, Juliets, Long Con, nutella. Do you trust them?

4) How well does Nanook know you?

5) How long have you survived as mafia in a forum game? How long do you normally survive as mafia in your home community?

6) Will you be alive until the endgame (LYLO), or will you be lynched before then?

7) Have you ever played in an endgame? How did you feel about it?

8) You have written that I am difficult to read. Do you have any questions for me?

I asked many questions, because there is much to learn about you; I apologize if these are too many!
Thank you in advance,
The Elephant
I am the Elephant.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:47 am Hello, Trustworthy Liberal!

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:53 pm we get more info from lynching TLib than Faraday.
If you lynch me tommorow so be it but one extra days makes a huge difference for me
1) You have reached phase 4, and you are still alive! How do you feel about that?

Scaryed, surprised, happy, excited. Ussally dead in forum games except for one Mash that I remember as well as a game I subbed into.

2) I think that your current scum reads are vanity and, depending on vanity's alignment, Creature or Elephant (myself). Is that correct?

That is correct.

3) The following players have been here since the beginning: Hyena, Juliets, Long Con, nutella. Do you trust them?

I trust them as much as u can throw them in the order

Juliets>Nutella>Hyena>Long Con

But at the moment that all are towny

We played Game 8, I was town him mafia and he helped get me lynched while I was out for dinner. So not a whole lot I suppose.

5) How long have you survived as mafia in a forum game? How long do you normally survive as mafia in your home community?

I have been mafia twice in forum games and each went as follows.
-Lynched day One
-Subbed into it Day 4 and Lynched Day 6 as the final wolf due to who I subbed into's actions.

On my Homesite we play games that last a few hours, there I am feared for my counterclaims mainly wining a many games but lost that power here sadly.
There's game on YouTube that or could link a scum game of mine if wanted it's all over Voice.

6) Will you be alive until the endgame (LYLO), or will you be lynched before then?

I have no idea but if I stay in the middle ground of not top town but not being lynched I might be. I have been on there LYLO's before and had the right answer each time but been the lynched in two of them so I don't know what to think. (Those three times were all as town)

Stressed. I have spent hours on end games making teams and possibilitys ussaly finding a scum in them.
(3 times as said before)

8) You have written that I am difficult to read. Do you have any questions for me?

What's your Alignment. :omg:

More seriously what's your reads what do you think of mechanics from other threads opinions on what we've been told about the other sides.

What do you think the neutral is doing do you think their death combines us back cause am starting to like my theory of that more with hearing a 5 group.

I asked many questions, because there is much to learn about you; I apologize if these are too many!
Thank you in advance,
The Elephant
Answered them all hope that helps alittle
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:57 am

Scaryed, surprised, happy, excited. Ussally dead in forum games except for one Mash that I remember as well as a game I subbed into.

That is correct.

We played Game 8, I was town him mafia and he helped get me lynched while I was out for dinner. So not a whole lot I suppose.

-Lynched day One
-Subbed into it Day 4 and Lynched Day 6 as the final wolf due to who I subbed into's actions.

On my Homesite we play games that last a few hours, there I am feared for my counterclaims mainly wining a many games but lost that power here sadly.
There's game on YouTube that or could link a scum game of mine if wanted it's all over Voice.

I have no idea but if I stay in the middle ground of not top town but not being lynched I might be. I have been on there LYLO's before and had the right answer each time but been the lynched in two of them so I don't know what to think. (Those three times were all as town)

Stressed. I have spent hours on end games making teams and possibilitys ussaly finding a scum in them.
(3 times as said before)

More seriously what's your reads what do you think of mechanics from other threads opinions on what we've been told about the other sides.

What do you think the neutral is doing do you think their death combines us back cause am starting to like my theory of that more with hearing a 5 group.

Thank you in advance,
The Elephant
Fixed with adding anwsers in a different color
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893

Post by nutella »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:54 am Juliets was usually here to talk to me, her absence is noticeable.

@nutella @LadyLambdaDelta Is the vanity lynch comparable to the Keldeo lynch in the MU finale?
I didn't watch the finale, sorry. I think I heard about keldeo being a huge scumread that ended up being a mislynch is that correct? If so then not at the moment, I still think more evidence points to vanity likely being scum (I'm particularly liking that potential iaafr connection with Quin's perspective and may look through their d1 interactions in general) but if you're worried about it I'm happy to see more analysis.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:59 am You mean boo could have passed along your cases to someone who pushed them on the other side? Seems like kind of a stretch but ok... do you have a point that helps us here though or no?
Yes, that's what I mean. No, it doesn't help us here at the moment, I think. I just thought it was interesting.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:02 am I have no fucking idea what is happening lol
I can relate.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm here, going to look back at Lexi and Quin in day 1.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:43 pm
Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:54 am Juliets was usually here to talk to me, her absence is noticeable.

@nutella @LadyLambdaDelta Is the vanity lynch comparable to the Keldeo lynch in the MU finale?
I didn't watch the finale, sorry. I think I heard about keldeo being a huge scumread that ended up being a mislynch is that correct? If so then not at the moment, I still think more evidence points to vanity likely being scum (I'm particularly liking that potential iaafr connection with Quin's perspective and may look through their d1 interactions in general) but if you're worried about it I'm happy to see more analysis.
Keldeo was almost lynched twice, and flipped town the third time. On the other hand, in G5 I think they almost lynched scum a few times, so... take your pick.
I am the Elephant.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:00 am
Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:46 am @Elephant I noticed that you haven't really spoken much about TLib. I think the one time you did, which was in response to being asked if you thought that TLib was a mislynch or not, you mentioned that you hadn't really put effort into evaluating him. Do you have any thoughts on him now? Like, it doesn't even look like you two have directly interacted at all.
I did invest some effort into Trustworthy Liberal, and this should be documented, on D2, I believe? I have somewhat of an idea of Trustworthy Liberal's personality: he tends to appear mildly confused at most times, which leads to him missing mechanical details as to how the forum works up to other things that have been going on in the game, in a friendly and harmless fashion. I like him. I find Trustworthy Liberal difficult to read, though, because I can't read him on shading information (that's just TL being TL), and I can't analyze his influence on the thread, because my impression is that he's barely had any? (To do: re-check this statement!) His solving process is different from mine, and will take a dig and deep thought to understand. Before I have done that, I anticipate me interacting with him would mostly lead to misunderstandings. I have not seen a convincing case on Trustworthy Liberal, and don't expect vanity. will be producing one; he could be the analogue to the DFaraday wagon today, but he really shouldn't be, because there is enough material to make a more informed decision about him.
(My bad then! I'll look again more closely next time.)

I can definitely agree that TLib hasn't really had much influence on the thread. If I remember correctly, this was the case in our qualifier game in Champs, too. More often than not, he mostly helped give other people (the ones he townreads) more influence in the thread by latching on to them and sheeping them. That's what it seemed like anyway. In G8, he latched on to Dan's read on me and pushed me along with Dan for, like, the first half of D1. In this game, I'm getting that he also likes to use past meta to a degree to form his reads on people, which might be where his initial concern about me came from? I remember him stating that I was showing similarities to how I played in G8.

I kinda want to see if Vanity does produce a case on him, even if he has stated that his previous post may be his last post in the game. Long Con's case on him felt like the only one I've seen that has had substance.

(Speaking of Long Con, where has he gone? I feel like I keep forgetting about him.)
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:21 am
Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:34 am WAIT

BOO'S MASON PARTNER MIGHT'VE BEEN THE ONE PUSHING THOSE THREE, OR AT LEAST, TRYING TO MAKE A CASE FOR 112 AND EVENSTAR!
If iaafr was softing a mason role on D2, then why did we lynch Boo on the same day? Is there anything in Spiny/Boo's ISO that betrayed their mason role, that could have been found, or rather, is there anything in iaafr's ISO that pointed at Spiny? It's a long shot, but if scum could make that link, they could have engineered that lynch.
Firstly, I didn't know that Boo was mason until he flipped, so I didn't think to look at who was softing that they were masons with him until after.

Secondly, I actually did take a look at iaafr's ISO after the thought occured to me, and, like, I didn't see as many references to Spiny as I'd think to see if they were mason partners? Spiny mentioned iaafr a bunch though before she replaced out, which is why I think it still could be iaafr. I dunno for sure though.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Lady LambdaDelta[/mention], just a question for you at the moment.

Here is part of your discussion of your nutella vote. Have you read back at all on our Day 2/Day 3 to know if you are feeling the same at this point?
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:59 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:58 pm
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:53 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:51 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:50 pm[VOTE: hyena] aubergine
Why? Read his iso. Maybe you'll like him. :shrug2:
[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine

-Nyx
Why? Read my iso. Maybe you'll like me. :grin: :grin: :grin:
This is scum who is confident they won't die and are indulging their cheekyness and confidence as a result of their alignment instead of attempting to sort things.

This is the lynch for today. Blood for the Blood gods.

-Lexi
I have another question for both you and Quin but I need to check and see if I'm permitted to ask it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:26 am I wonder why unrelated thoughts keep entering my mind as I read Trustworthy Liberal's ISO. I like Hyena and Creature because their play style tends to keep the game state fluid. They seem to have a knack for spotting stale players and challenging them. As long as either one of them is doing this, we shouldn't be stuck on a powerwolf gamestate.
This is my hope, at least. <3
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:27 pm Hello, thread. First, I want to say that Ty4on's death was hilarious. Tragic and all, but he... just... got himself killed for a joke? I don't know. Never seen such a thing.

I see vanity is a current lynch favourite, not surprising. Just got home from work, and I'm going to a friend's house. So I'll catch y'all on the flippity-flop.
How do you feel about Vanity becoming the current lynch favorite? Do you think it's become too status quo? Like, from your perspective, what's the status quo right now? And what kinda read do you think would go COMPLETELY against the status quo right now? I want you to play devil's advocate again.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:37 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:34 pm Elephant and Juliets are supposedly just town, though I suspected each of them for a bit.
Hyena has been a strong townread of mine for a while but I might need to consider reevaluating that read (especially in the case vanity flips town i guess)
Creature, LC, and TLib are question marks but all townleans imo for various reasons
This is part of my takeaway from the strategy article I linked earlier. I have been as strong a consensus townread as Benson and Nanook were, yet they were selected as NKs over me, so it may be the case that wolves are keeping me around due to one of my townreads in fact being one of them. I strongly townread and defended vanity for a fair bit of yesterday, so it could be him, but there could be a universe where it's Hyena.
After rereading this again, I think your take on me is a healthy one. If I were to make a similar read, you'd probably be the the one I'd need to consider reevaluating, too, with Elephant as a distant second.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:57 am

That is correct.

-Lynched day One

(3 times as said before)

Thank you in advance,
The Elephant
Yes, that helped. I am hoping you will get to the endgame; I'm sure you will do better than I could!

"More seriously what's your reads"
Juliets and nutella are lock town.
I'm not lynching Hyena and you, either.
I would consider Long Con and Creature for lynch tomorrow, but I haven't done the work on them yet.
vanity is scum.
Quin and LLD are probably mislynch and nightkill, but one of them could be a lynched scum.

"what do you think of mechanics from other threads opinions on what we've been told about the other sides."
We started with 30 players. 3 died, and we split into 11 and 16. Then 3 died on our level, and two died on the upper level, so the split was 10/5/9 on D3, if the disappearing players formed a new group. I don't know if the new level has new rules, so we won't know what happened today until the news makes it down to us.
I think the upper level deliberately sees no flips; that way, we still have to play and decide about our visitors instead of just waiting for the information.

"What do you think the neutral is doing"
I don't know. They don't seem to be killing anyone?

" do you think their death combines us back cause am starting to like my theory of that more with hearing a 5 group."
I prefer not to play in a big group again.
I am the Elephant.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:38 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:34 pm Elephant and Juliets are supposedly just town, though I suspected each of them for a bit.
Hyena has been a strong townread of mine for a while but I might need to consider reevaluating that read (especially in the case vanity flips town i guess)
Creature, LC, and TLib are question marks but all townleans imo for various reasons
This is part of my takeaway from the strategy article I linked earlier. I have been as strong a consensus townread as Benson and Nanook were, yet they were selected as NKs over me, so it may be the case that wolves are keeping me around due to one of my townreads in fact being one of them. I strongly townread and defended vanity for a fair bit of yesterday, so it could be him, but there could be a universe where it's Hyena.
After rereading this again, I think your take on me is a healthy one. If I were to make a similar read, you'd probably be the the one I'd need to consider reevaluating, too, with Elephant as a distant second.
Adding on to this, I feel like the status quo right now is that one of Elephant or Vanity is scum and that you are town. If I were to make a read right now that would go completely against this, I'd probably say that both Elephant and Vanity are actually town and that you are scum that's hopping between both sides whenever it's convenient. It would also explain that lack of a Vanity vote EoD3 to seal his lynch, because I think you, as scum, would want to prolong the Elephant vs. Vanity antics as long as possible to provide a distraction for town. Why is this the case?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:57 pm
Adding on to this, I feel like the status quo right now is that one of Elephant or Vanity is scum and that you are town. If I were to make a read right now that would go completely against this, I'd probably say that both Elephant and Vanity are actually town and that you are scum that's hopping between both sides whenever it's convenient. It would also explain that lack of a Vanity vote EoD3 to seal his lynch, because I think you, as scum, would want to prolong the Elephant vs. Vanity antics as long as possible to provide a distraction for town. Why is this the case?
Why ISN'T this the case** rather
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Re-evaluating nutella would probably upset my world the most. I watched a formation of players on D1, Mr Radishes and Benson and nutella, and then 112 and iaafr and Epignosis in relation to them. My townreads of Benson and nutella stem from that day.

Someone suggested yesterday that the vigilante should shoot the other wagon again, who was that? nutella advocated holstering, didn't she?
I am the Elephant.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

And, I think this is more relevant now since LLD made it to our thread and she was scumreading you on D1.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:57 pm
Re-evaluating nutella would probably upset my world the most. I watched a formation of players on D1, Mr Radishes and Benson and nutella, and then 112 and iaafr and Epignosis in relation to them. My townreads of Benson and nutella stem from that day.

Someone suggested yesterday that the vigilante should shoot the other wagon again, who was that? nutella advocated holstering, didn't she?
Riiiight. Okay, yeah, I remember that. This is important, because I too was growing suspicious of the latter three, especially 112.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (11.66 KiB) Viewed 602 times
I am the Elephant.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I only advocated holstering based on a misguided assumption that the other side may have gotten Ty's flip which we know is not the case. In general I'm in favor of the vig resolving slots that are giving us trouble, as long as they have role points and there is a reasonable candidate.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

It's absolutely possible that elephant and vanity are both town. That doesn't make me scum though. I backed off on elephant when some people claimed he was pseudo-confirmed for some reason with a link to juliets. As for vanity I honestly believed his defense yesterday up until the end, and regretted not changing my vote when I realized he still was probably just the better choice there. I'm not hopping back and forth, I'm assessing based on changing circumstances/evidence.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:15 pm I only advocated holstering based on a misguided assumption that the other side may have gotten Ty's flip which we know is not the case. In general I'm in favor of the vig resolving slots that are giving us trouble, as long as they have role points and there is a reasonable candidate.
I'm not sure how this relates to what I just said. o:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:19 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:15 pm I only advocated holstering based on a misguided assumption that the other side may have gotten Ty's flip which we know is not the case. In general I'm in favor of the vig resolving slots that are giving us trouble, as long as they have role points and there is a reasonable candidate.
I'm not sure how this relates to what I just said. o:
You said something about me advocating holstering. I'm just clearing up that that's not a general thing, it was just in that specific time for a bad reason lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh sorry elephant said that. I responded to you next though
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:18 pm
It's absolutely possible that elephant and vanity are both town. That doesn't make me scum though. I backed off on elephant when some people claimed he was pseudo-confirmed for some reason with a link to juliets. As for vanity I honestly believed his defense yesterday up until the end, and regretted not changing my vote when I realized he still was probably just the better choice there. I'm not hopping back and forth, I'm assessing based on changing circumstances/evidence.
Okay. You believed Vanity's defense yesterday. Now, you're voting him. Was it simply Ty's flip that changed your mind on him? Like, explain the progression from you believing him to you not believing him today. What tipped you over to the point of scumreading him again?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I felt bad about him even before Ty's flip during the very end of the phase but didn't have the guts to change my vote. Part of it was how messy the votes were getting at EOD was feeling icky, and part of it was his behavior at the end which elephant has talked about a bit.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Okay.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:13 pm image.jpeg
Ignoring nutella's response for a moment, did my case for potential scum!nutella make you think? Does it, like, balance out the stuff you just mentioned? You're calling it spicy, but does it do anything for you in terms of thoughts? :P
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:57 pm

It appears Hyena suggested that, in #4665. I feel that this suggestion made it more acceptable to vote on either wagon. On the other hand, nutella had both advocated holstering, and waiting for the flip information before lynching Ty4on. The Ty4on wagon seemed reasonable at the time, yet having my vanity push deflected twice is awkward. Nanook unvoting the vanity wagon was unpredictable, and would look quite scummy today if Nanook hadn't been nightkilled. I am reluctant to base any reads on that kind of chaos.
I am the Elephant.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Yeah, Nanook's unvote annoyed me. Ty's flip isn't bad, but I really wanted that Vanity flip.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:34 pm Yeah, Nanook's unvote annoyed me. Ty's flip isn't bad, but I really wanted that Vanity flip.
Agreed. Even though I didn't change my vote I guess I was still assuming we'd get a vanity flip, and found myself disappointed when there was suddenly a tie and it was too late. That's when it really hit me that I really did want vanity to flip, when Ty moved his vote back and forth -- I was momentarily relieved when he switched back to vanity in the last minute, then that was dashed when the hosts revealed it hadn't counted in time.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I probably should have just changed my vote in the last couple minutes, but I was having trouble keeping up with the thread at EOD and was unfortunately a couple minutes behind so didn't have quick reflexes
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:28 pm
Ignoring nutella's response for a moment, did my case for potential scum!nutella make you think? Does it, like, balance out the stuff you just mentioned? You're calling it spicy, but does it do anything for you in terms of thoughts? :P
GH was the host for the finale game. He commented any read in spec-chat with that word. To me, it signifies, "could be correct, could be completely wrong".

Whenever a mislynch occurs, we tend to look at the wagon that produced it, and therefore suspicion attaches to nutella, Juliets, and Creature; even more so as vanity failed to self-preserve on this wagon. Since it seems reasonable to assume that not all of these players are scum, it follows that this suspicion attaches to some of these players unjustly -- maybe even to all three of them. I am unwilling to throw my towncore out with the bathwater on that kind of consideration. I do, however, entertain the notion that one of the players voting me yesterday was a wolf. With that assumption, vanity's flip reflects directly on Long Con: it is hardly likely that I had two wolves voting me by themselves, especially since vanity could easily have targetted Ty4on instead. But if vanity is town, Long Con appears in the spotlight.
I am the Elephant.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Mmm I like that line of thinking. It's worth considering that due to timing/when he was or wasn't around, LC may have believed that you were the more viable counterwagon to vanity. Which is not quite what you're saying, but means rather he could be vanity's teammate on a vanity wolf flip. So he deserves scrutiny regardless of vanity's alignment. Caveat here,I acknowledge that I was voting for you for a while and only moved off when you were touted as a definite townie, and it may be that LC hadn't seen that in which case I could sympathize with his reasons for voting you and see it as town motivated.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:46 pm
Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:28 pm
GH was the host for the finale game. He commented any read in spec-chat with that word. To me, it signifies, "could be correct, could be completely wrong".

Whenever a mislynch occurs, we tend to look at the wagon that produced it, and therefore suspicion attaches to nutella, Juliets, and Creature; even more so as vanity failed to self-preserve on this wagon. Since it seems reasonable to assume that not all of these players are scum, it follows that this suspicion attaches to some of these players unjustly -- maybe even to all three of them. I am unwilling to throw my towncore out with the bathwater on that kind of consideration. I do, however, entertain the notion that one of the players voting me yesterday was a wolf. With that assumption, vanity's flip reflects directly on Long Con: it is hardly likely that I had two wolves voting me by themselves, especially since vanity could easily have targetted Ty4on instead. But if vanity is town, Long Con appears in the spotlight.
I like this response. Even if I didn't, what you brought up about the Radishes, Benson, and nutella core and the 112, iaafr, and Epi core reminded me how much I liked the former group. I think that alone drowns out these paranoid, tinfoil thoughts I have, lol. Plus, I liked nutella's response to me, too, especially the last post.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Creature »

Oh fuck, I'm low energy again
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I fell asleep, sorry.

[mention]Quin[/mention] and [mention]Lady LambdaDelta[/mention], Nanook and/or Ty4on told us that in your other thread you were allowed to identify candidates to lynch as long as it was done in 3's. Who did you identify as lynch candidates D2 and D3? D3 is probably not as meaningful because there were only 5 people in your thread but I would like to know anyway. Note I am not asking you to share any private information, only what you made public.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:29 am
juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:02 am I have a way too early meeting today and won't be able to catch up this morning and post. I'll be back sometime mid afternoon and catch up then.
Are there any elephants at your meeting?

image.jpeg
Unfortunately no, they were mostly IT people. They have them segregated in a different building across town though I'm not sure if it's to protect them or us!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”