Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Game End

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:15 pm I feel like I've been barely even trying and I'm top poster. That's kind of weird to me.
try harder
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:04 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:01 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:59 pm That said about sbpc I kind of townread sig a little and don't want to vote serhal out cuz new player plus an angleshooty host read so maybe not
I wouldn't vote Serhal today, both for politeness, and because I don't suspect them.

I wouldn't vote sig today because it's been a while, unless he just howled at the moon somehow. Then I'd cast the vote sadly.
What's your thoughts on this solve.

1 between Scotty/Pyxxy
1-2 between Abigail/Falcon
If any left over 1 between Rondo/Porscha
Nice wifom and distancing. I will point out that you are taking over the town leader position without anyone putting you there for later.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:59 pm That said about sbpc I kind of townread sig a little and don't want to vote serhal out cuz new player plus an angleshooty host read so maybe not
I wouldn't vote Serhal today, both for politeness, and because I don't suspect them.

I wouldn't vote sig today because it's been a while, unless he just howled at the moon somehow. Then I'd cast the vote sadly.
Woah I gotta keep looking towny here and push my partner in an environment where multiple people have said they wont chop a new person day one.

Do you actually have any reason to not suspect them or something or other to make Longcon look bad in a way that doesnt unpair us
Every time you post it makes me feel like you’re some sort of lynch switching role or that you *want* to be killed, like a vengeful.

It’s weirding me out

robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

scotty can you give me some reads

i don't like know your worldview
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Woah I gotta keep looking towny here and push my partner in an environment where multiple people have said they wont chop a new person day one.

Do you actually have any reason to not suspect them or something or other to make Longcon look bad in a way that doesnt unpair us
I don't think I can help you. I'm not running negative-option suspicion; I suspect folk when they do something suspicious, not until they impress me as towny.

However, apparently I do look wolfy 24/7 if that helps!
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

He's mister icicle, he's mister ten below!
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:21 pm

Every time you post it makes me feel like you’re some sort of lynch switching role or that you *want* to be killed, like a vengeful.

It’s weirding me out
Yeah totally.

Gonna let scotty think I am some sort of power role so I can skate by and have his passive defence when people push me all game
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

It’s weirding me out
I don't get that feeling. This isn't how you Jester up votes on yourself, I feel different about this. Don't really know what it is, but I think that's what it isn't.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Now I am going to do the usual day 1 mac suspicion before I jump right back on Porscha so people dont get weirded out by me not pushing my partner like I usually would.

[VOTE: Mac ] aubergine

A silent vote here will be good enough
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:24 pm scotty can you give me some reads

i don't like know your worldview
It’s quite myopic, to be fair to views everywhere

Ok hmm. Gonna go down the poll.

Robyn: I remember you’ve posted- perhaps a tad laced with agenda? But it hasn’t really pushed me in any particular direction

Falcon: town right now for having similar reads RE rondo.

LC: might be fine for reasons. But that all depends on if I were blocked or not.

Rondo: could be a jester. Actually tho. Could also be a role that wants to die, and could be any alignment as far as I’m concerned. I will NOT town read him. Would shoot.

sig: perfectly fine as D1 chop as is tradition.

pyxxy: when he pops in, it’s like Adam Sandler with fluorescent shirt, baggy pants and backwards hat, and then leaves as soon as he pops in. I don’t associate that with town pyxxy.

Serhal: rookie, would let him try on ice skates before buying new ones

Tutuu: literally don’t remember anything tutuu has said. Probably not a good sign? Or could be my early onset Alzheimer’s. Scumlean.

Leetic: is a good singer. Would keep the bard around. Townlean for vibes

Mac: since initially finding his suspicion of me opportunistic, I think his takes are unabashedly honest. Not as chaotic as I expect from wolf mac. Townread. Would not kill today. Maybe by day 3 tho I’ll change my tune.

Abbi: I don’t have a lot of town things to say here. Not inquisitive and doesn’t feel comfortable in thread. Still don’t know what bad Abbi looks like. Scumlean.

Porscha: town lean. Not meme posting. Using what remember from a recent champs game where she was yeeted Day 1 for far less to inform my decision here.

DM: don’t remember posting. Not damning, but not exciting.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:26 pm

It’s weirding me out
Yeah totally.

Gonna let scotty think I am some sort of power role so I can skate by and have his passive defence when people push me all game
I don’t want you to skate by. I’d shoot you tonight.

Well, maybe. Depends on if we get some no-shows that need sorting too

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:27 pm

It’s weirding me out
I don't get that feeling. This isn't how you Jester up votes on yourself, I feel different about this. Don't really know what it is, but I think that's what it isn't.
Do you agree it’s a weird town strategy at least?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ohhhhh damn, Scotty, you targeted me? I tell you truly. I don't have any innate blocking ability that would.have been the cause. Your whatever was wasted, but I assure you that you should be disgruntled at someone else.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:50 pm

It’s weirding me out
Yeah, I first think of it as a fun plan as a Wolf, and I don't know how it benefits the Town at all. Ballsier as a Wolf, but he's setting up WIFOM connections, so I dunno.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:53 pm Ohhhhh damn, Scotty, you targeted me? I tell you truly. I don't have any innate blocking ability that would.have been the cause. Your whatever was wasted, but I assure you that you should be disgruntled at someone else.
I’m coming around to thinking I wasn’t blocked (because I’m not that special) and you just didn’t act last night. Because my ability only works if you do something.

So don’t worry, I’m not disgruntled at you. Mostly gaining info that you are probably not a threat

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Or maybe I just don’t know how my role works, which is also probable

tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 160

Post by tutuu »

robyn is probably town, this is the most i've seen it care about the game since forever. robyn redemption arc? izzit a christmas miracle?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:09 pm OH WAIT FALCON JOINED LATE
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:09 pm he's automatically town or independent, never mafia
ive no idea how u got that but most likely town yeah (robyn, idk about falcon)
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:56 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:50 pm

It’s weirding me out
Yeah, I first think of it as a fun plan as a Wolf, and I don't know how it benefits the Town at all. Ballsier as a Wolf, but he's setting up WIFOM connections, so I dunno.
If Rondo is wolf, you can’t take anything he says as partner-eligible.

It’s a stronger play as wolf, and makes less sense as town. But rondo’s known to be a cat after ingesting a lethal dose of catnip. Which makes it all the more confusing as a strategy

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tutuu wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:59 pm robyn is probably town, this is the most i've seen it care about the game since forever. robyn redemption arc? izzit a christmas miracle?
Is that a town indicator? What does a wolf robyn look like? Hanging back and passive?

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i wanna call rondo town for not getting bored of his trolling. but i also dont wanna encourage it. like this is gonna be a long game if we have to deal with that for a week or more. probably town but like im not defending him if he's getting chopped over it
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:01 pm
tutuu wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:59 pm robyn is probably town, this is the most i've seen it care about the game since forever. robyn redemption arc? izzit a christmas miracle?
Is that a town indicator? What does a wolf robyn look like? Hanging back and passive?
the last time ive seen it wolf was a looooongggg time ago. like,,, more than half a year ago. but it was more trolling, more shitposting, more fluff. more vibe

i dont ACTUALLY know if tryhard robyn is necessarily town but i wanna believe. coz like. last town game robyn (jay's severance game) it was low wim and got its ass mischopped. so like. i wanna be optimistic man. i wanna believe in the christmas spirit. that robyn decided "hell nah, imma show these chumps what im made of if i care"
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Porscha wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:09 pm lol... think we mindmelded here tutuu
poggers
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:36 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:34 pm I'm bored
Have I told you lately you're awesome at mafia?
i wanna townread this but i might be a sucker. coz on one hand mac is pushing abi. but he's also encouraging her coz he knows she likes it and needs it at times. so like if he's a wolf pushing a mischop this is just unnecessary / styling. could be w/w i guess but he'd probably be saying this post in wolf chat not itt. i might be a sucker to townread it coz emotionally it feels good, like accusing someone of being mafia but also wanting them to feel good. its like ... tough love. u know? like .... a drill sergeant. mac is the tough but fair drill sergeant and private abi has made two wrinkles in her bed sheets when making up her bed.

alternatively he could be testing if abi acts differently than he expects after receiving encouragement + being poe. i dunno w/e, this is like an alternate explanation but the conclusion is the same that i think mac is town. towny
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:02 pm And Abigail just feels like someone that pulled a mafia rand and is in a team/wolf chat that's radio silent and has no motivation to even try to look townie.
i can say smth about this

i have been playing in nook's pathfinder thingy game with her and jack (before this game started) - and she has been quiet and down since then too. that isnt to say she cant be mafia, or that the radio silence argument is bad - i just think the sadness / lack of motivation came before she saw her role pm

but if i can add onto your argument, u could probably argue that if she's mafia she'd be more cheerful if she was wolfing with someone she likes a lot. like porscha. or you
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 494

Post by MacDougall »

@DarlingMonroe where u at? #fallenoff

@tutuu I like ur posts and u
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:54 pm also tutuu is null, feels like every post is either a towntell or a wolftell to me rn

@tutuu do me a favor and post a full readslist
tutuu
robyn
mac
darlingmonroe
leetic

rondo

(rondo is a townlean but i dont wanna encourage whatever he's doing) (unless it's an imposed gimmick, then he's forgiven of course)

rest is null. im marinating scotty
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:24 pm @DarlingMonroe where u at? #fallenoff

@tutuu I like ur posts and u
i love u too sweetheart :cloud9: :heart:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

leetic/falcon not w/w
mac/serhal not w/w

(i forgot why i made these but im trusting old tutuu's two braincells)

adding:

abi/porscha not w/w
abi/mac not w/w
robyn/falcon not w/w
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I feel like Long Con and Scotty are both very towny now. And their interactions with each other are so organic its never w/w either. I feel like they may be near my top town.

Pyxxy hasn't managed to move the needle for me really yet. Nor Abi.

DM after a hot start has fallen into my poe. Porscha is also in my POE now.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i need help reading the following players:

-falcon
-sig
-pyxxy
-princess abi

not just in this game but in general. ive played multiple games with them and im still clueless. anyone feel free to answer.

serhal too but he's a newcomer so it's a fresh start there

for porscha i've resolved to sheep mac

i struggle with long con too but as i said he gets very obvious as the game progresses

i think scotty does too
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tutuu wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:26 pm
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:54 pm also tutuu is null, feels like every post is either a towntell or a wolftell to me rn

@tutuu do me a favor and post a full readslist
tutuu
robyn
mac
darlingmonroe
leetic

rondo

(rondo is a townlean but i dont wanna encourage whatever he's doing) (unless it's an imposed gimmick, then he's forgiven of course)

rest is null. im marinating scotty
Don’t eat me too early, I might give you worms

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:30 pm I feel like Long Con and Scotty are both very towny now. And their interactions with each other are so organic its never w/w either. I feel like they may be near my top town.

Pyxxy hasn't managed to move the needle for me really yet. Nor Abi.

DM after a hot start has fallen into my poe. Porscha is also in my POE now.
very well
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[VOTE: sig] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@robyn you mapping hell worlds is a bit presumptive. I'm not sure why you are doing it?

Like my POE at present is narrow and that's usually a very good sign for a POE. Your urgency to start looking at deeper slots feels like it can be trying to widen POE or specifically make me consider tinfoil worlds. Are you the deepwolf with two potato wolves?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:33 pm i need help reading the following players:

-falcon
-sig
-pyxxy
-princess abi

not just in this game but in general. ive played multiple games with them and im still clueless. anyone feel free to answer.

serhal too but he's a newcomer so it's a fresh start there

for porscha i've resolved to sheep mac

i struggle with long con too but as i said he gets very obvious as the game progresses

i think scotty does too
Pyxxy just doesn't feel townie by orders of magnitude.

Sig is like townie when present.

Abi is I guess null/poe if you're saying they were like this as town as well. I did like the matter of factness of their I'm town and also that they didn't take my olive branch to get a jolt of wim. Your reads of my intent behind that post was good.

I feel like Robyn might have a point with Falcon not being mafia due to entering game after n0. Little bit like me with DDL in u-pick 1 it could easily be Roxy forgot him and then just gave him a 3p role to not break the balance.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:35 pm @robyn you mapping hell worlds is a bit presumptive. I'm not sure why you are doing it?

Like my POE at present is narrow and that's usually a very good sign for a POE. Your urgency to start looking at deeper slots feels like it can be trying to widen POE or specifically make me consider tinfoil worlds. Are you the deepwolf with two potato wolves?
in spec chat invitational illario was completely wrong and we killed him for spk and town went off hunting rabbits for a bit off a dummy legacy

you went and caught me in severance but had a shit poe otherwise (i am not counting rondo)

and ted lasoo jjj went and posted a dummy poe and wolves went and stomped (which ended today)

so yes i'm making you consider tinfoil worlds, games recently have made me discontent with the status quo repped by a strong town leader, feel free to solve with a nice and tidy poe but do me a favor and solve in harder worlds too

it's not some grand strategy but i'd be lying if i thought your poe had more than 1-2 wolves (which again isn't actually based off reads but i have a feeling it's not correct, if it is then great but if it isn't i want a backup poe and worlds)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:38 pm Abi is I guess null/poe if you're saying they were like this as town as well.
not as town, it wasn't a mafia game. just how she was on discord. she was a couple of days late to the party and was gloomy. i think robyn mentioned smth about a mafia game

very well @ rest
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 37

Post by falcon45ca »

Mac appears towny

Scotty appears pockety
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:20 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:04 pm

What's your thoughts on this solve.

1 between Scotty/Pyxxy
1-2 between Abigail/Falcon
If any left over 1 between Rondo/Porscha
Nice wifom and distancing. I will point out that you are taking over the town leader position without anyone putting you there for later.
It doesn't matter how sincere it is nor how heart felt the spirit, sentiment will not endear it
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: leetic] aubergine
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Wary of Scotty

Sus of Rondo & Robyn
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Does anyone else see what LCs been saying about porscha?

Feels like a mountain of a molehill, but perhaps I'm missing something
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:55 pm [VOTE: leetic] aubergine
War is over, if you want it
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

leetic wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:03 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:55 pm [VOTE: leetic] aubergine
War is over, if you want it
im fucking dying :skull:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

great job roxy and finger on this gimmick. its extra funny coz leetic is usually super on the nose, punctual. and reading stuff like that coming from him is just so fucking funny
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:40 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:35 pm @robyn you mapping hell worlds is a bit presumptive. I'm not sure why you are doing it?

in spec chat invitational illario was completely wrong and we killed him for spk and town went off hunting rabbits for a bit off a dummy legacy

you went and caught me in severance but had a shit poe otherwise (i am not counting rondo)

and ted lasoo jjj went and posted a dummy poe and wolves went and stomped (which ended today)

so yes i'm making you consider tinfoil worlds, games recently have made me discontent with the status quo repped by a strong town leader, feel free to solve with a nice and tidy poe but do me a favor and solve in harder worlds too

it's not some grand strategy but i'd be lying if i thought your poe had more than 1-2 wolves (which again isn't actually based off reads but i have a feeling it's not correct, if it is then great but if it isn't i want a backup poe and worlds)
1-2 wolves in a narrow PoE on day 1 is all that's required to just pressure within it and get the townies in it to show themselves and the wolves within it to crumble. That's the point of doing it. Correctness is not necessary for a day 1 +ev result.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The whole point is to make a POE that has enough fur in it that it makes day 1 retrospectively readable by forcing the wolves outside it to play around it on a way town don't have to, making life very difficult for the mafia.

I would never insist upon my poe being blindly followed past d1 but in this gamestate there's only mafia utility to bothering outside of it prior to the end of d1.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:14 pm The whole point is to make a POE that has enough fur in it that it makes day 1 retrospectively readable by forcing the wolves outside it to play around it on a way town don't have to, making life very difficult for the mafia.

I would never insist upon my poe being blindly followed past d1 but in this gamestate there's only mafia utility to bothering outside of it prior to the end of d1.
i didn't know that, i thought a poe was supposed to be pure fur and eject all townies out of it

good to know, i'll keep the tinfoiling inside my head
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alright enough time has passed on my mac vote and no one has bitten on it like I expected so that frees me up but I need to start up an actual wagon so mac and I can get two town over. Porscha should be safe from here with the thread state so now instead of going back I will pretend to not have read up and just casually chaos vote someone else. Neon seems some solid lhf

[VOTE: neon ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”