[END] Pikmin Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 218

Re: [DAY 2] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:I didn't mean to imply you had information, I didn't even think that actually. I mean you seem confident you are correct about Simon based on familiarity with his personality and possible tells. You don't seem to have doubt since you are demanding we lynch your child. Do you question at all whether or not you are correct about your read on him?
I'll put it this way: I came at him before he posted anything on topic. Whether he was good or bad, I knew I would get some reactions.

sig gave me this:
Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:Voting your own son day 1 harsh Epi.

Why do you think we are teammates? I engaged in the same sort of banter in Star Wars and in many of my more recent games, do you also think if I was mafia I would make such an obvious connection between myself and Simon, this seems like a rather strange thing for me to do especially with my experience as scum.

If we are teammates why vote for Simon over me?

:eye:
To get a beautiful over the top reaction like this. :slick:
Look that that: "Why vote for Simon over me?"

It's the same thing you are asking me now.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:Yay for birds forgetting how to eat.

Voting Simon until I decide to put it on Epi later. I'm convinced at least one of them is bad.
No you're not. Why are you "convinced at least one" of us is bad? At least one? There's only two of us.

The closed-mindedness here is telling as well- there's a spread of people to vote for, and you are setting yourself up to vote for me, meanwhile placating me in voting for Simon?

As they'd say in your corner of the world, "Bad look."
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:

Voting Simon until I decide to put it on Epi later. I'm convinced at least one of them is bad.
No you're not. Why are you "convinced at least one" of us is bad? At least one? There's only two of us.

The closed-mindedness here is telling as well- there's a spread of people to vote for, and you are setting yourself up to vote for me, meanwhile placating me in voting for Simon?

Are you telling me I'm not convinced? Come on Epi, you know me by now. I get convinced pretty easily on scruples of information.

And yes, I think that at least 1 of you is bad. What's the hard part to understand there?

I'm not placating you. I just think Simon looks worse right now.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Are you telling me I'm not convinced? Come on Epi, you know me by now. I get convinced pretty easily on scruples of information.

And yes, I think that at least 1 of you is bad. What's the hard part to understand there?

"I'm convinced" vs "I think"

Which is it?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

"I'm convinced" vs "I think"

Which is it?
I think that I'm convinced.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My vote's on my kid. I'm going to bed.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

@HOST

Since the bird-thing didn't eat any pikmin today, does it still count as "Executing" the night kill, thus giving it an extra vote today? OR is that only when it succeeds?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mafia: sig, Simon, Sorsha, and Scotty. Maybe Soneji and spacedaisy too.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Re: [DAY 1] Pikmin Mafia

Post by kneel4justice »

Yay, no death! :D
Typhoony wrote:
kneel4justice wrote: Although, I do not like Typhoony's vote at all. Seemed like the vote just chose the person with the most votes and for no reason on top of that.
What's wrong with that when you don't have time for an informed vote? Much better than a random vote in my opinion.
Because...you voted for a civilian, and essentially had no reason for your vote other than it going along with the majority. The way I look at it, near the end, zebra seemed rather town - but with a vote like yours, it made it more difficult to stop the lynch. It makes me wonder if there was a reason you wanted to better ensure zebra's lynch, such as your teammate being another candidate at the time. In this case you favored zebra's lynch over Enrique's, but did not give a reason? I just do not follow the logic.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Scotty, I am confused - can you clarify: do you or do you not think the Simon and Epi are teammates?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

kneel4justice wrote:Scotty, I am confused - can you clarify: do you or do you not think the Simon and Epi are teammates?
:sigh:
In my mind, at least one must be mafia. There's that chance (as per sig and DDL) that both could be.

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Sorsha »

Epignosis wrote:Mafia: sig, Simon, Sorsha, and Scotty. Maybe Soneji and spacedaisy too.
Someone doesn't like the letter S.

And, no, I'm not mafia.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote:Mafia: sig, Simon, Sorsha, and Scotty. Maybe Soneji and spacedaisy too.
Evil alignment of the S, eh? :haha:

I'm not bad, I'm trying to determine how much faith I have in your read. I don't think you are bad at all.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote:@HOST

Since the bird-thing didn't eat any pikmin today, does it still count as "Executing" the night kill, thus giving it an extra vote today? OR is that only when it succeeds?
The latter, only when it succeeds.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 36

Post by agleaminranks »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:I'm trying to catch up while taking a break from finals studying.

I'm voting for metalmarsh because 1. it's against the rules, and the rules can be darned and 2. I was not properly gendered.

This is some pretty intense Day 1 rabble so far.
What do you think of the intense Day 1 rabble?

What is your gender?
I'm a big, manly dude who is in touch with his feminine side.

I think that Epignosis is really good at being an instigator, making wild accusations on not a lot of merit that could be taken a number of ways, then extrapolating information from people's reactions. Which he's done in darn near every game I've played with him at least. It could be a ruse to divert attention away but it could also be normal behavior. Given that I don't have enough info either way, statistically he's less likely to be a baddie, but I wouldn't be willing to instantly give him the civ credit either.

I hate day 1 and never having anything to go on so I did literally just take a shit vote.

I wasn't really convinced of Zebra's badness, she seemed like she was more just flustered trying to defend herself, having been lynched pretty early on in a different game if I recall. I would look more closely at the bandwagon votes for both her and the early bandwaggoning for Glorfindel (sp?) It would be a good place for a baddie to hide in plain sight.

The only solid inclination I have towards anyone at the moment is Scotty, he made a couple of posts attempting to vouch for the goodness of certain people, something I think is less likely to be hiding teammates and more likely to just be casting him in a good light.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

agleaminranks wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:I'm trying to catch up while taking a break from finals studying.

I'm voting for metalmarsh because 1. it's against the rules, and the rules can be darned and 2. I was not properly gendered.

This is some pretty intense Day 1 rabble so far.
What do you think of the intense Day 1 rabble?

What is your gender?
I'm a big, manly dude who is in touch with his feminine side.

I think that Epignosis is really good at being an instigator, making wild accusations on not a lot of merit that could be taken a number of ways, then extrapolating information from people's reactions. Which he's done in darn near every game I've played with him at least. It could be a ruse to divert attention away but it could also be normal behavior. Given that I don't have enough info either way, statistically he's less likely to be a baddie, but I wouldn't be willing to instantly give him the civ credit either.

I hate day 1 and never having anything to go on so I did literally just take a shit vote.

I wasn't really convinced of Zebra's badness, she seemed like she was more just flustered trying to defend herself, having been lynched pretty early on in a different game if I recall. I would look more closely at the bandwagon votes for both her and the early bandwaggoning for Glorfindel (sp?) It would be a good place for a baddie to hide in plain sight.

The only solid inclination I have towards anyone at the moment is Scotty, he made a couple of posts attempting to vouch for the goodness of certain people, something I think is less likely to be hiding teammates and more likely to just be casting him in a good light.

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Sorsha »

Scotty wrote:Image
Behave, there are children present :p
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 138

Post by FZ. »

Nice, no death!. I still don't get how many baddies are in the game. Is it only the bosses? If so, how is that possible with the number of players? Is there something else going on? Can someone please answer that? I already asked, but no one answered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm still not fully caught, because to be honest, I didn't feel like reading 8 pages (it takes me much longer than it does English speaking people), but I did skim some and read some more thoroughly. I'm going to say something that's based on my experience as a mother. I realize Epi and Simon are different people, but I doubt it's that different.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a mother, I would never ever do something like this to my kid if I were bad and he were good. I can't really explain this, but I would deal with him a lot further down the road. There are plenty of other people to manipulate and use as scapegoats without having to use my own kid. So I can't see Epi doing that and trying to find the easy lynch in his son.
As for the bussing, if I was bad with my kid, and were planning to make one of us look good, I would let him take the credit of making me look bad, not the opposite.
To me, Epi comes out of this situation looking even better than I felt about him the first day. People going after him are looking worse to me for that reason. One person I remember is Scotty. Why vote for one person only to say it's until he decides to move it? And I can't see him really believing in his own theory.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the question remains, is Epi right about Simon? I'd like to think I know my kid well enough to know when he's lying to me. Sadly, I've been proven wrong... It doesn't mean Epi is though, but Epi, I have to say, I feel like you've put a lot of pressure on Simon from the get go, and he's handling it with a sense of calmness that is surprising me. He just answers your questions simply. When I catch my kid in a lie, he goes all defensive and keeps saying that he's telling the truth. Again, I realize they're two different people (not to mention this is not a live conversation), but his reactions are not what I expect from a kid who is lying.
Either way, I'm impressed. Whether he turns out to be a baddie or not.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Had to cut the post so it won't be toooooo long.

Basically, I'm not a fan of all the circling around Epi, Simon and Sig. If there are only 3 baddies, I doubt they would all be so forward and attention drawing. I think 3 baddies looking to survive until the end would lay low and not get on anyone's nerves.
That said, if I'd have to choose a baddie from that group, I'd choose Sig. Last day I said I didn't think he would vote for Epi the way he did if he was bad, but now he's trying to make it look like his whole behaviour was preconceived to make himself look bad in order to draw the bad guys. Seriously? Where is that coming from? This is so hard to swallow. I second Epi's questions to him. Sig, please answer Epi's questions regarding your plan.

Finally, there are a lot of people skating by as if they're afraid to get dirty, and then there are people who are just non-existent in the game. The former include people like Matt, Enrique, Tiphony for example, while the latter include players like Sonjei and Boomslang...unless I missed them in my catch up. What's up with that?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Matt »

Skating by? Afraid to get dirty?

I've already listed a potential baddie team! I'm also on like, 3 different players baddie list and Wilgy suggested lynching me at one point. How dare you, Wilgy!

Anyway, DDL, ummm don't screw me. Thanks. On that note, I love this site. :beer:

Daisy - I was just bein' silly with Zeebs. The "Daisy's tears" thing was because you seemed to get upset at votes on Glorfindel...nothing to do with Zebra dying. Just havin' some fun. That's what cute Pikmin are all about, right? Fun!!

Can we lynch Bullz next?
Image Image Image Image
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Typhoony »

kneel4justice wrote: Because...you voted for a civilian, and essentially had no reason for your vote other than it going along with the majority. The way I look at it, near the end, zebra seemed rather town - but with a vote like yours, it made it more difficult to stop the lynch. It makes me wonder if there was a reason you wanted to better ensure zebra's lynch, such as your teammate being another candidate at the time. In this case you favored zebra's lynch over Enrique's, but did not give a reason? I just do not follow the logic.
I didn't know if Zebra seemed rather town, I hadn't read her posts well. I just voted her cause she was one of the two people with the most votes.
Day 1 votes are usually very spread out, which makes it an easy lynch to manipulate. I made it less easier to manipulate but making the vote less spread out. Beats throwing away my vote if you ask me. I'll actually be around today so today you will get an infomed vote :noble:

Anyway, I skimmed the thread quickly, I was pinged by some of Scotty's posts.

Epi, You say sig is bad, you also said the same thing in World Reborn. How is his play here different than his play in that game?
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Oh, also, spread out votes this Day, and really any Day in this game, are a shit idea. Lots of double votes running around and a good chance for the Pikmin to have started with 2 votes today.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Matt wrote:Skating by? Afraid to get dirty?

I've already listed a potential baddie team! I'm also on like, 3 different players baddie list and Wilgy suggested lynching me at one point. How dare you, Wilgy!

Anyway, DDL, ummm don't screw me. Thanks. On that note, I love this site. :beer:

Daisy - I was just bein' silly with Zeebs. The "Daisy's tears" thing was because you seemed to get upset at votes on Glorfindel...nothing to do with Zebra dying. Just havin' some fun. That's what cute Pikmin are all about, right? Fun!!

Can we lynch Bullz next?
I'm sorry, like I said, I might have missed some posts, but I'm used to you being more vocal and sharing theories. Last time I remember you being more subdued, you were bad (in the heist game). Why do you think you're on people's baddie lists? I remember people putting you there when talking about gut 3 baddies in the beginning. Has that curried on further?

Why do you want to lynch Bullz, and why do you keep repeating the "fact" you're a pikmin?

linki: I like people taking responsibility with their votes. It's so much easier hiding behind a useless vote. So I'm okay with you for now. Was Sig good at the game you're talking about? What do you think of Epi in light of that?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Sig was a civ in that game, yes. I'll wait for Epi's answer before I tell you what I think.
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I actually read Epis posts in World Reborn about Sig now, turns out I misremembered. Sooo....

EBWOP:

Epi, You say sig is bad, yet in World Reborn you were very hesitant on sig, saying that he does things that make absolutely no sense and scream baddie but he may turn up civilian anyhow. How is his play here different than his play in that game and why does it make him bad?
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

kneel4justice wrote:Yay, no death! :D
Yes, K4J that is good news but let it not blind you to what happened here at the end of the last Day phase. Through a combination of human error and malicious intent we lost an experienced campaigner and a highly capable player in Zebs :( She was a massive asset to our team and I expect her demise brought much rejoicing to our opponents :fist: I don't want us to forget the magnitude of the loss we suffered there lest we make the same mistake again.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Thank you Glorfindel. :noble:
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Glorfindel wrote:
Yes, K4J that is good news but let it not blind you to what happened here at the end of the last Day phase. Through a combination of human error and malicious intent we lost an experienced campaigner and a highly capable player in Zebs :( She was a massive asset to our team and I expect her demise brought much rejoicing to our opponents :fist: I don't want us to forget the magnitude of the loss we suffered there lest we make the same mistake again.
That's all you have to say? Yes, it was a mistake to lynch zebra. It's a shame. I hate lynching a civ, especially of the zebra type (though I didn't see her as herself this game), but we do it every game. Why don't you please tell us who you think had malicious intent instead of saying obvious things like what you've stated above.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

OK, let's see what we have here... @Sig
sig wrote:Lol once again I'll point out the foolishness of these types of posts, Epi has said this multiply time and that is the only comeback he has when I say he is laying the groundwork for my lynch.
IN SAYING WE ARE TEAMMATE HE IS TRYING TO GET ME LYNCHED. Nobody is going to vote for SImon day 1 Epi acknowledged this, the only sensibly action following Epi's Sig/Simon idea is to lynch me and see how I flip. My flip will decided Simon's team.
Let me get this straight - you are proposing that Epi and Simon are working in league for the sole purpose of getting you lynched? Why, pray tell, do suppose they would go to such lengths to bring about your demise (when our Mafia friends achieved far worse with the lynching of Zebs with relative ease)? I'd put it to you that this is a conspiracy theory so breathtaking as to rival the Kennedy Assassination...

Then, on multiple occasions, you accuse Zebs (a player that throughout the first Day phase was pretty damn transparently Town) of being Mafia:
sig wrote:My bet is Zebra and Epi could be on team team, if not both then one of them. I will also be keeping my eye on DDL.

Zebra's logic for voting for me is illogical she doesn't agree with EPi, yet she thinks I'm on a teamwith Simon and we are both scum and that I would make such a mistake.
My day 1 scum team
Simon
Epi
Zebra
AND
sig wrote:Know Zebra is using the classic scum argument for a lynch.
AND
sig wrote:I'd rather lynch Epi today, but a Zebra lynch is good to.
And lastly, when it's all over and the inevitable outcome occurs, we have the crocodile tears...
sig wrote:So guess Zebra wasn't scum.
I'm not going to claim that I'm particularly good at this game but I know someone that is considerably more experienced than I and this is their assessment of the above...
a2thezebra wrote:
sig wrote:I'd rather lynch Epi today, but a Zebra lynch is good to. If she flips mafia or civ my opinion of Epi won't have changed that much.

linki: why Enrique?
Hahahahahaha you better be lynched tomorrow.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Hey Glorfindel, could you take your flirting with Zebra to another thread and focus/be more objective about this game? Thanks.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

On the Epi/Simon matter, there are 4 possibilities (thank God no SK):

They are both civs: and Epi is not as good at reading his son as he thinks he is. Can happen.

Only Simon is mafia: and Epi is right in his read. Can happen too.

Only Epi is mafia: eh... no. Like FZ pointed out, I can't see someone doing that with their own child. Maybe later in the game, but not on day 1. There is a line to be drawn on competitiveness.

They are both mafia: unlike the later, this one can be possible, because Simon actually benefits from it in a way, so it's not exactly a betrayal if they talk about it. My problem with it is that, unlike in Guess Who (where Epi was only arguing with me on day 1, and only make a strong push for a lynch after Roxy and G-Man did), in this game Epi can be easily pointed out as the main responsible for Simon getting any suspicion at all. He is even bringing RL evidence to support the case, showing how he is really determined to get Simon lynched, something a smart mafia player would actually avoid. This is looking less likely imo.

Either way, it depends on whether Epi can trust his own read on Simon or not. I dunno.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Voting Simon for now.

Let's see where this takes.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Boomslang »

FZ. wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
That's all you have to say? Yes, it was a mistake to lynch zebra. It's a shame. I hate lynching a civ, especially of the zebra type (though I didn't see her as herself this game), but we do it every game. Why don't you please tell us who you think had malicious intent instead of saying obvious things like what you've stated above.
True facts. MIstakes were made (and in fact I joined in on the making of this one), but this kind of grandstanding is very white-knight-ish. Especially, as FZ points out, when you ascribe malicious intent to the lynch without giving a specific case for it. My gut on this is you attempting to establish civ cred through over-the-top rhetoric.

Epi's list has encouraged me to take a closer look at Sorsha.
Sorsha wrote:I feel like Epignosis is trying to set sig up for lynch because he knows how bad sig can make himself look. Anyone who played Dune or A World Apart knows how easily sig can get caught up defending and make everything worse for himself.

Voting Epi
Defending sig based on previous games, not current behavior. She then leaves a vote on Epi, which is the first interaction between the two.
Sorsha wrote:Ah yes, you were scum in Dune, I forgot. I just remembered you being in a similar situation in both games at the same. Maybe epi thinks that since he hosted you during one of those scenarios that he can read your reactions better? :shrug: I still think it's an easy set upihim makes me suspicious of him.
But she doesn't have his alignment in Dune correct, and just kind of brushes that off. That sig takes the time to make that correction makes me feel pretty good about him, incidentally.
Sorsha wrote:I still think epi was trying to get sig into over defensive mode, knowing how sig reacts to suspicion on him. This is from someone who said in A World Apart that if anyone can dig his own grave, sig can dig two. I might change my vote to someone else, zebra and Scotty both jumped on Epi's sig suspicion quickly and then changed votes when it got some push back. I might vote for one of them.
Still focusing on the previous game thing. Finally does make reference to actions in the current game, although as we found out, the Zebra suspicion was incorrect. Obviously not too big a deal at this point, but worth noting.

Dr. Wilgy votes for her, she asks why, and he responds with the :shrug:. Not quite sure what to make of that.
Sorsha wrote:Someone doesn't like the letter S.

And, no, I'm not mafia.
S is for Scum! But responding a little flippantly to a surface similarity here.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 36

Post by sig »

FZ my plan was taking advantage of my own civ weakness, I know I can dig my own grave. I also know smarter mafia players will push for my lynch. I have some meta on who defended me in past games when others accused me.

It isn't fool proof, but I think it is a could chance to catch a baddie. IF those who have played with Epi more think day 1 was within his civ meta then I will cool on pursing him and search for another target.

@Glorfidnel Zebra was lynched she wasn't damn transparent as town until we saw what she flipped as. This has no bases in our current discussion.

Here is the thing about my Epi theory, he started to lay the groundwork, however he might not have pushed it so much if I hadn't have accused him of being a scum. If he is mafia and since I voted for him and tried to get others to vote for him it shows that I'm a threat. Killing me won't work as well, but getting me lynched would be fine.

I also think the Epi/Simon team is a likely possibility if I flip civ, Simon will look much cleaner. Even if Simon is lynched later in the game Epi bussed him just enough to not be suspicious when Simon flips scum.

Recall Glorfindel in Teen Wolf III Jason did the same thing to me starting early in the game, yet nobody believed me when I said he was scum and I was right.
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

So what you are saying is that you intentionally tried to dig your own grave to see who would bite? :confused2:

Can you point out in your posts where you tried digging your own grave, ie what part of your posts would have been different if you did not have this plan?
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Typhoony wrote:So what you are saying is that you intentionally tried to dig your own grave to see who would bite? :confused2:

Can you point out in your posts where you tried digging your own grave, ie what part of your posts would have been different if you did not have this plan?
This is what I got too.

It's akin to tripping over your own feet in front of people, falling flat on your face, and exclaiming "I meant to do that!"

Also, to those that have been pinged by me: cool. I've been ponged by you.

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 57

Post by DrWilgy »

Sig is scum
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

$o do you think there i$ an obviou$ connection between all of the mafia member$?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DrWilgy wrote:Sig is scum
Your vote is on Epi. Forced?

I was considering joining you and MM, even though if my gut baddie team is correct that means MM is bussing his teammates again.

Hmmm

FZ - Nah, just the early teams people said. As for who I think is bad, I'm not entirely sure yet, but I do like Epi, DDL, or Glorfindel for at least one mafia.

Oh and even though I like Epi as Mafia, I can also see myself voting for Simon because of Epi assuming Epi is civvie. Haha.

Derp

Lol @ DDL for his comment re: Glorfindel/Zeebs

Just watched an episode of ALF. Wow. That used to be better when I was younger. :stare:
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

No why?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Cuz you said sig was scum and your vote is on Epi.
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Just because Sig is scum, doesn't change the fact that I wanna vote for Epi.
Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Cool beans. So you have Epi and sig as teammates then?
Image Image Image Image
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Okay. I'm in two mindsets about Sig currently. If you were to have asked me after zebra's lynch what I thought about him, I would have definitely thought he was suspicious. Specifically the way he moved on so quickly to entertaining the idea of an Epi/Enrique partnership. When he suspected Enrique, it came immediately after I had just suspected him for taunting zebra (which I now would take back after he clarified what he meant by his post). But I was definitely pinged by that. So I started thinking in hindsight that maybe I was wrong not to suspect him...
But the problem is, I don't really like this whole Simon/Sig theory. Unfortunately it is difficult to judge Simon's statements about being on the same time (going from I think so, to no). But the fact that some suspicion started for something as simple as Sig saying that he wouldn't vote for Simon due to him laughing at a joke...that is ridiculous to me. Which seems to be part of the whole teammate theory. Like, those types of things are common on this site, plus - I can definitely see Sig just being nice to Simon, making him feel welcome in the game. So I feel like people who are using that (like Scotty had - are making something of nothing.

But I don't agree with the Epi suspicion. I am surprised that so many people are suspicious lol. Last game I played no one dared suspect him (admittedly, I was wrong about him being bad but still). I just see what Epi has done as a personality factor. Not something that is going to determine his alignment. As far as I am concerned, he's done similar tactics as civilian, and is probably more than capable of doing the same thing when bad. So really I need more time, I don't think his actions favor an alignment. But then again, I doubt he would gun for his own son as mafia.....like I think FZ was trying to say..then again, he's Epi. He strikes me as the type to want to show his dominance lol
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

kneel4justice wrote:Okay. I'm in two mindsets about Sig currently. If you were to have asked me after zebra's lynch what I thought about him, I would have definitely thought he was suspicious. Specifically the way he moved on so quickly to entertaining the idea of an Epi/Enrique partnership. When he suspected Enrique, it came immediately after I had just suspected him for taunting zebra (which I now would take back after he clarified what he meant by his post). But I was definitely pinged by that. So I started thinking in hindsight that maybe I was wrong not to suspect him...
But the problem is, I don't really like this whole Simon/Sig theory. Unfortunately it is difficult to judge Simon's statements about being on the same time (going from I think so, to no). But the fact that some suspicion started for something as simple as Sig saying that he wouldn't vote for Simon due to him laughing at a joke...that is ridiculous to me. Which seems to be part of the whole teammate theory. Like, those types of things are common on this site, plus - I can definitely see Sig just being nice to Simon, making him feel welcome in the game. So I feel like people who are using that (like Scotty had - are making something of nothing.

But I don't agree with the Epi suspicion. I am surprised that so many people are suspicious lol. Last game I played no one dared suspect him (admittedly, I was wrong about him being bad but still). I just see what Epi has done as a personality factor. Not something that is going to determine his alignment. As far as I am concerned, he's done similar tactics as civilian, and is probably more than capable of doing the same thing when bad. So really I need more time, I don't think his actions favor an alignment. But then again, I doubt he would gun for his own son as mafia.....like I think FZ was trying to say..then again, he's Epi. He strikes me as the type to want to show his dominance lol
OK, so who is your top suspect right now? Enrique? Me? Golden?

And yes, I do tend to make things out of nothing. Like a piece of paper- why it could be a hat, a brooch, or even a pterodactyl!

I wonder where Simon ran off to, and if he intends to respond to his accusations.

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden isn't even in the game.
Have we come to the point where we are so paranoid of Golden we suspect him even when he is not in the game?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

But yeah, still most suspicious of Scotty, I would say.
Last day I was suspicious of him for his suspicion of Sig because I do not think he had a valid reason (he suspected Sig for saying he would not vote for Simon). It also followed Epi's post..which made it feel bandwagonish to me (just on the idea, I know that Epi did not vote for Sig).
Anyways today he has pinged me a bit as well with his statements about Epi/Simon/Sig. He seems to really want to focus on that situation and honestly I feel like people are focusing on that way too much. I understand that sometimes it is townie logic to say, there must be a scum in here. But, when he placed his vote on Simon and said that he might later change to Epi, I found that to be strange because he originally said he'd be flabbergasted if they were both scum. So - I thought it was weird that he'd vote for 1 of them when still suspecting the other, I'd think he'd want to bring more clarity to the situation before placing a vote since he didn't think both were scum (though in response to my questioning last night, he did say it was a possibility). But I also think that voting Simon first before Epi was the easier target, because Epi would definitely provide a harder pushabck

Linki @Scotty: Yes my top suspect is you. Not suspicious of Enrique for the time being but I did want to go look back because he and zebra had went at it. But not sure that I will get the time to do that
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Typhoony wrote:
kneel4justice wrote: Because...you voted for a civilian, and essentially had no reason for your vote other than it going along with the majority. The way I look at it, near the end, zebra seemed rather town - but with a vote like yours, it made it more difficult to stop the lynch. It makes me wonder if there was a reason you wanted to better ensure zebra's lynch, such as your teammate being another candidate at the time. In this case you favored zebra's lynch over Enrique's, but did not give a reason? I just do not follow the logic.
I didn't know if Zebra seemed rather town, I hadn't read her posts well. I just voted her cause she was one of the two people with the most votes.
Day 1 votes are usually very spread out, which makes it an easy lynch to manipulate. I made it less easier to manipulate but making the vote less spread out. Beats throwing away my vote if you ask me. I'll actually be around today so today you will get an infomed vote :noble:

Anyway, I skimmed the thread quickly, I was pinged by some of Scotty's posts.

Epi, You say sig is bad, you also said the same thing in World Reborn. How is his play here different than his play in that game?
Maybe it was just the game mechanics, but I still think there is the possibility of there being an agenda behind your vote. No way to tell, for now.
What about Scotty's posts pinged you?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Scotty wrote: I wonder where Simon ran off to, and if he intends to respond to his accusations.
See, it is things like this that are so weird to me. Like, what do you expect him to say? This is a difficult position for me to judge, because of his age. I bet it is difficult for him too. I do not know how to take his differing statements about being on sig's team or not being, because I am not sure how he plays/how advanced..I want to treat him equal, but seriously with this kind of pressure, it just seems like people are expecting a lot out of him and I'm not sure that it is fair to do so.
Though maybe you all have experience with him so know what to expect? It just strikes me as convenient that people are going after him. Am I being naive or what
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Personally I have little confidence on my read on him, and I'm going on this vote mainly because I want to confirm Epi's theory (and I have a civ read on Epi right now so it's not that risky), because this lynch could be very informative, and because who knows, maybe other people talking about Simon could lead to useful evidence.

He doesn't seem like the kind of player who we will ever be able to get an accurate read on, since he is, well, a child. So Epi's personal read on him might be the best we can get, and so I'd rather get this oer with now than later.

I'm open to changing my vote at this point, but I don't have confident mafia reads on anyone so I'm not doing it for now.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”