DFS Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is Big and Sexy and Failing Tonight?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm

abyssum
No votes
ColinIsCool
6%
DharmaHelper
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Kylemii
No votes
Lunalee
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Marmot
No votes
M Plus 7
No votes
Russtifinko
No votes
sprityo
59%
Tsaiah
No votes
Turnip Head
6%
Big Sexy (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
29%

Total votes: 17
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1094
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: DFS Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Tangrowth »

Lol I'm over 200 posts. xD
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 426

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:45 am Mac! Can we work together? I really want to work together. :D
How does one "work together" aside from just assuming the other is not bad? Do we tunnel someone together? Do we hold hands and sing songs? How does this mythical working together work?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:50 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:45 am Mac! Can we work together? I really want to work together. :D
How does one "work together" aside from just assuming the other is not bad? Do we tunnel someone together? Do we hold hands and sing songs? How does this mythical working together work?
We can tunnel someone together, sure.

Otherwise just sharing reads and discussing differences of opinion, solving the game, all that fun stuff. :bliss:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mac, do you have any opinion of Russ's posts tonight?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

There were elements of Russ's approach that concerned me. I got the impression that he was hedging his bets. That he was dismissing the case against me to cast dispersions against Alien (and to some extent Jay) but pressuring me at the same time with a view to taking an absolute position later when it became more clear what the safe option was.

Alternatively he was just being open minded to all possibilities and the fact that he offered as much as he did should be commended.

I am 50/50 on it I suppose.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It's day 0 can we please just calm down.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:01 am There were elements of Russ's approach that concerned me. I got the impression that he was hedging his bets. That he was dismissing the case against me to cast dispersions against Alien (and to some extent Jay) but pressuring me at the same time with a view to taking an absolute position later when it became more clear what the safe option was.

Alternatively he was just being open minded to all possibilities and the fact that he offered as much as he did should be commended.

I am 50/50 on it I suppose.
Yeah that's pretty similarly to how I feel about it and was having trouble making up my mind. Hmmm.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:01 am It's day 0 can we please just calm down.
But that's no fun. :sigh:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[mention]RobotNerd277[/mention]

You are missed! Hope to hear from you soon. :D
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:13 am sprityo! Sup my man!
Hello alex it’s lunch time

I’m very sandy right now
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:41 am
sprityo wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:12 am
abyssum wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:10 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:54 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 pm MP7 Day 0 Rainbow List -- POE Style

Tsaiah

Infected_alien8
JaggedJimmyJay

abyssum
ColinIsCool
Kylemii
MacDougall
sprityo

DharmaHelper
Lunalee
Marmot
RobotNerd277
Russtifinko
Turnip Head

Alphabetical within groups. There's a lot of GTH here. Feel free to ask me about these.

I need to go, lol. Be back later. Best of luck in your hunting, everyone! :D
Also... I'm realizing that it's likely at least one of my green reads is garbage, but I don't give a fuck.

Alright. Bye for real. Lol. ahhhhh
it's sprityo me, isn't it? : (
I was gonna say Mac. But okay :meany:
You gonna cast dispersions against me you better have something to back that up my man or I'll go through you like a freight train.
If I wanted to actually go head to head with you mac, I’d have to have some hard evidence. Otherwise, for the reason on running through me like a freight train, I will never, NEVER make a case against you

simply cause I’m bad at mafia
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

So TO CLARIFY

A_joke.txt
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:54 pm
Russtifinko wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:04 pm I actually really like this point. When I'm a baddie, I tend to triple- or quadruple-read my posts and edit endlessly to avoid being caught. (This is probably why I vote earlier as a baddie - posting under pressure is that much more stressful.) I guess the fact that scum slips occur means either 1) not everyone does this or 2) people don't see their own slips even after edits, but it does make sense to me that an experienced player like Mac would know better. I tend to associate scumslips with certain players in particular, and Mac isn't one of them. I don't think it's a bad look for anyone that pointed it out, and I do think of Mac as a strong NO U-er. The one thing that looks bad to me about the whole thing is the original accuser (Someone help - was it Alien?) making a post after Mac responded that, to paraphrase said, "Well, I didn't say it was a scummy thing to say, just that it could be scummy. That is just crazy waffle-y, and furthermore it reads as a bit of pre-emptive defense since no one was going after him(/her? it?) about it.

The more I think about it, the less I like it. "I thought Mac scum slipped." seems like a pretty easy way out of a revenge lynch. Does the accuser (again, I think Alien, but I lost the post) know Mac? If not, I think it's possible Alien was throwing out things to see what stuck, and was surprised by the vehemence of Mac's response. Which a well-meaning civ could do to fish for baddies, but in combination with the waffling is fishy. (Eww, fish and waffles.)
The original accuser was alien, though he has never played with Mac before. How does this impact your perspective?

Also, Ass Class = Assassination Classroom, a recent side mission.
It makes it look worse for Alien, in my opinion. Someone who had played with Mac before would know Mac goes hard in the paint, and if they were gonna accuse Mac of anything they'd be expecting his response. Having not played with Mac, it seems to me like Alien wasn't ready for the reaction and was cowed by it.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:26 am
Russtifinko wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:16 pm What else have you written I could have replied to?
The big one for me is, if your reads were uninspired, does that mean you're totally discounting them and starting fresh from here? 90% discounting them, and they'll hang in the back of your mind until something solid forms? Actually still committed to them, but unable to produce evidence you think ould convince others since it's so early?

You could've also selected:
  • Do you think I'm right that Alien is waffling? If so, is it a baddie look?
    Should I have read the whole thread word for word? Is it a baddie look that I don't have more urgency about it?
    Is Alien now, at this very moment, lurking? (Answer: yes.) Is it a baddie move? What about JJJ?
    Do you think the poll means anything?
    What is ass class?
There are probably others, too. Instead of going for any of them, you gave me this:
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:00 pm
Russtifinko wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:04 pm
How do you know your reads are uninspired?? It's not even Day 1 yet! This is a weird thing to say.
I didn't think at all hard. I was uninspired. I'm not saying they were wrong. May yet be right.
which gives the appearance of answering one of my questions (the one that comes closest of anything I wrote to being an indictment of you). However, your answer, which is really a clarifying statement about what you meant by "uninspired", doesn't offer anything substantive that I can use to dig deeper, and actually is fairly waffle-y on its own.
1. My friend without looking back I cannot even remember who I made reads on and what way that is how much I was bullshitting about them.

2. Yes I think your analysis of how Alien dealt with it is astute. The way he accused me and has proceeded to ensure that it came across less provocative than it may has reminds me of the hand in the cookie euphemism.

3. No I do not have concerns of your alignment as a result of you not reading every word. In fact as I intimated, I associate meticulousness with Mafia.

4. If Alien is lurking yes it is a baddie look because it solidifies the idea that he is doing what was referenced in point 2, as a bad guy. I am null on Jay. He is too good to give a hall pass ever and should always be looked upon with some doubt in my opinion.

5. Yes I am imagine the poll means something. I could not begin to fathom what.

6. Ass Class was a game we played recently (Assassination Classroom) in which a scum team flawless victoried a civ team that contained Jay until the very end that was very good and enjoyable to play.

7. I am at work, the fact that I am giving you any of my time should be appreciated rather than taken for granted as not being good enough.

8. The question I answered was the one that was directed at me specifically in an accusatory tone. The fact that I am at work and peeking in between tasks makes me feel more encouraged to focus on things that relate to me.

9. My answer is what it is. An honest appraisal of the situation. What would a non waffly answer have been?
1. So your reads are 100% discounted. I think that's fine since it's D0 still (!), just wanted to level set.
7-8. Didn't know you were at work! All I can see is what you post.

In case it wasn't clear, I'm reading you civ for the moment. But you were the only other person on in a thread that has been nuts but died when I had time to play, so I had to do something to get you to talk to me. I'm not gonna have a lot of time to be reading/posting/making decisions on people during 8-5 Eastern because I work then, so if that's when the thread is gonna blow up I need to make up groudn elsewhere.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Lunalee »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:36 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 pm Eye on Lunalee. She has a small amount of posts but each one she feels much more aware of the game happenings than i would expect from a person with four posts. That her first post was a joke reply to my wall of genders felt like her forcing her way into the thread to find an opportunity to break the ice.
Hmmmm... I can see this I think. I definitely want to hear more from her one way or the other.

@Lunalee what are your reads?
Hi, I'll buckle down on this game today. My only observations on the first 5 pages are MP, Tsaiah, JJJ, and abyssum talking about metas and desperately trying to buddy each other, while DH yells at everyone for blowing up the thread on day 0. I don't think I've missed too much, but I'll start keeping up with things. It would be amusing if the ones around here flexing their townie muscles the most were all on a scum team together.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:10 pm Oh shit speaking of which

Didn’t Luna ask about WIM? Did anyone answer that? I forgot to myself.

WIM = Want It More

It just represents the undying desire to solve and win the game and typically is associated with townplay
Oh cool, thanks. Speed didn't know what it meant either. :p
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Marmot wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:25 pm Oh, and I've been dogsitting a friend's puppy for the last 3 weeks, and will for another 2 weeks (and he's amazingly cute and awesome).
:puppy: Aww, you should share pictures of him.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] you've reached the light at the end of the tunnel
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

My thoughts on everyone who has posted so far (in reverse alphabetical order):

I like Turnip Head for now. He's active and concise. I can keep up with his posts.
Tsaiah is on the "buddy MP" train. But has contributed a good bit for day 0. I'm keeping my eye on him.
Sprityo has come into the thread with nothing but questions about the game, and empty commentary on what's happening. I don't like his look.
Russtifinko is engaging with the thread and actually attempting to scum-hunt. He looking good.
MP needs to chill. I'm not going to read all your posts buddy. I don't have a read on you either. MP is playing super excited townie, which could also be a cover act if he's mafia.
No real read on Marmot yet. He seems like a typical day 0 player so far
Mac's first post looks like he's buddying MP. But then he later completely retracts that. Mac seems very convinced that he's town, and I don't have a reason to argue that yet.
Kylemii has only talked about his own meta, and cracked jokes. If he's town, he'd better start actually trying on day 1.
I like JJJ. He looks town to me.
Infected_alien is giving off a "commentary vibe" in his posts. Not too many actual opinions, but looks like he's adding something. I don't like it.
I feel like DH is the only sane person here, and I like his posts. I don't have an alignment read on him yet, but I'm keeping my eye on him.
Colin thinks Alien's hunting looks genuine. Am I missing something? Other than that, Colin hasn't added much to the thread. Slightly bad read.
abyssum has been very "careful" with their posts. They almost look too good. I don't trust them yet.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 615
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lunalee’s reads look authentic to me.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:21 am Lunalee’s reads look authentic to me.
Haha, is it because I said you look town?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:16 am @abyssum -- ISO
@Infected_alien8_
@JaggedJimmyJay
@RobotNerd277
@Russtifinko

plz also tell me ur history?
I changed my mind on Kyle again. I don’t like this post. Even if he receives thorough responses from each of these people about their “history”, I have my doubts that he’d be likely to apply it to his hunting. It’s a question being asked for the sake of asking a question.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:26 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:21 am Lunalee’s reads look authentic to me.
Naw, I was actually bummed that I received so few words. :p

Everyone thinks I’m town, because my work glows in the sky like a beacon of hope for the weary and downtrodden.

More accurately I think your thoughts on everyone were diverse and considerate, even if not necessarily agreeable in every case to me (or even consistent). It looks like you spilled your thoughts organically as they formed, and that’s neat.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have been bamboozled by Lunalee’s spoiler spoiler signature many more times than I’d care to admit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:32 am I have been bamboozled by Lunalee’s spoiler spoiler signature many more times than I’d care to admit.
:haha: You're the first one who's said anything about it. I just assumed no one looked.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
abyssum
The Mark
Posts in topic: 264

Post by abyssum »

i am sort of surprised anyone thinks i look good at all

even if it's a "too careful" read lmao
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

i think i might be letting MP7 down with this post, but i didn't really plan on playing incredibly intensely or actively during D0

i'm kind of just trying out the forum and trying to commit all of these people to memory so i can play effectively D1

sorry man. </3
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

i love lunalee's BIG LARGE usernames in the thoughts post though
Tsaiah
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Tsaiah »

Good morning!

I read the thread in piecemeal fashion as i could at work last night, thru whenever it was i got home and immediately crashed. Leftover thoughts that stuck with me overnight from initial impressions:

- i will bite my own legs off and eat them if JaggedJimmyJay is not town.

^
I think this might be my GH this game. [mention]abyssum[/mention], your thoughts?

- M Plus 7 continues to be town. Fite me. :charlieblackmon:

- alien's entrance (and choice of first suspicion! :p ) struck me as towny, and smacks of his qualifier play much more than his wc game

- Aby is townier the more they post, thus far /kicks them further away from the fence

- I think i'm gonna like Lunalee as a person for sure :D , dunno what that means in respect to their alignment yet

Time to pee xD and get coffee, then read back thru and talk about specifics!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Luna is bad, anyone wanna fight me?
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 pm Luna is bad, anyone wanna fight me?
Hi Turnip Head, what makes you say that?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:20 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 pm Luna is bad, anyone wanna fight me?
Idk k ask me later
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

Tsaiah wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:02 pm Good morning!

I read the thread in piecemeal fashion as i could at work last night, thru whenever it was i got home and immediately crashed. Leftover thoughts that stuck with me overnight from initial impressions:

^
I think this might be my GH this game. @abyssum, your thoughts?

- alien's entrance (and choice of first suspicion! :p ) struck me as towny, and smacks of his qualifier play much more than his wc game

- Aby is townier the more they post, thus far /kicks them further away from the fence

- I think i'm gonna like Lunalee as a person for sure :D , dunno what that means in respect to their alignment yet

i totally gave my opinion about jay earlier, you copycat

what are you wanting my thoughts on exactly?
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

i have a read on tsaiah

she's enjoying the new smilies too much
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:23 pm
Idk k ask me later
10 minutes have passed and I would like to politely request that you tell me more. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

also Tsaiah i'm going to need you to explain how my posting got townier
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Can I get some more thoughts on this thing from those who've not already provided them?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lol I love Luna’s reads especially how she calls me buddy I can hear it in her voice LMAO.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:31 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:26 am
Naw, I was actually bummed that I received so few words. :p

Everyone thinks I’m town, because my work glows in the sky like a beacon of hope for the weary and downtrodden.

More accurately I think your thoughts on everyone were diverse and considerate, even if not necessarily agreeable in every case to me (or even consistent). It looks like you spilled your thoughts organically as they formed, and that’s neat.
Can you elaborate on this some more?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:45 pm Lol I love Luna’s reads especially how she calls me buddy I can hear it in her voice LMAO.
This is why we need more meet ups.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:27 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:16 am @abyssum -- ISO
@Infected_alien8_
@JaggedJimmyJay
@RobotNerd277
@Russtifinko

plz also tell me ur history?
I changed my mind on Kyle again. I don’t like this post. Even if he receives thorough responses from each of these people about their “history”, I have my doubts that he’d be likely to apply it to his hunting. It’s a question being asked for the sake of asking a question.
Yeah I can see that. Maybe he can speak to it though. Kyle how does asking this question inform your reads of these players?
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Idk k ask me later
I will. I'm trying to decide if you're town, and attempting to scum-hunt, or if you're mafia and trying to stir up interest on an easy townie lynch. The "Idk k ask me later" answer makes me think it's the latter.

linki MP of course :p
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:48 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:32 am I have been bamboozled by Lunalee’s spoiler spoiler signature many more times than I’d care to admit.
:haha: You're the first one who's said anything about it. I just assumed no one looked.
Wait what?

I have signatures turned off.

*turns them back on*

:haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:53 am i am sort of surprised anyone thinks i look good at all

even if it's a "too careful" read lmao
I think you look good!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:56 am i think i might be letting MP7 down with this post, but i didn't really plan on playing incredibly intensely or actively during D0

i'm kind of just trying out the forum and trying to commit all of these people to memory so i can play effectively D1

sorry man. </3
Not at all. :D

You do you. New forums are intimidating. You all are doing great.

I mean it is Day 0. Jay and I are just acting like it’s Day 3.

Pretty standard fare though. All these other players should have known what would happen when they saw both of us in the player list. Good thing for them Sloonei backed out. :p

I MISS YOU SLOONEI
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Tsaiah wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:02 pm Good morning!

^
I think this might be my GH this game. abyssum, your thoughts?

Yeah I’m going to need those specific young lady. [mention]Tsaiah[/mention]

I need the specifics!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I’ll fight you any time Sidoh.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:33 pm i have a read on tsaiah

she's enjoying the new smilies too much
LOL agreed I knew this would happen though :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:49 pm
Idk k ask me later
I will. I'm trying to decide if you're town, and attempting to scum-hunt, or if you're mafia and trying to stir up interest on an easy townie lynch. The "Idk k ask me later" answer makes me think it's the latter.

linki MP of course :p
Actually reading this post and then Luna’s reads again I get where you’re coming from Jay.

I can like hear Luna thinking out loud. She does a lot of that “maybe you’re town because of this maybe you’re mafia because of that” when she’s town despite it defaulting to reading scummy for me lol.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That said I haven’t played really much at all with scum Luna so...
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:39 pm Can I get some more thoughts on this thing from those who've not already provided them?
sure.

Q: the idea behind pointing out the challenge post from DH to MP7 was just to rule out them being mafia together, right? that's what i'm getting out of it

actual response: it's weird that DH is responding to specific parts of the thread (like MP7's promise of a rainbow list), but then attempting to appear disengaged from the thread as a whole. i can understand only wanting to respond to certain things (e.g., whatever is happening on the most recent page), but he seems to be making a point to tell everybody that he's not around and not involved. it reads a bit self-conscious and like he needs to post something. counterpoint is that it's D0 and he could actually just not care that much, but that'll probably make itself evident one way or the other by the time D1 actually rolls around.

Q again: i don't really see how DH's "i haven't read anything" post is an AtE attempt. who is he trying to appeal to here, exactly? you're saying "in this community," but if if it doesn't apply to somebody who is actually currently in the game, i won't put much/any stock into it.

Return to “Previous Heists”