Total votes: 11
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 997
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Day 1)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:04 pm The only problem I have is how scum!Hally figured out that there were Millers in the game to make their Miller claim believable, since it would be improbably lucky of them to just randomly claim Miller and then it turns out there really were a bunch of Millers in the game.
1) I just think Hally looks like a civilian independently regardless of the claim.

2) If this game really does have 90 miller types, then it'd seem likely to me that Jack gave the mafia some way of knowing that (or even a "miller" of their own, maybe as a fake). Otherwise the millers all claim, confirm, and break the game.

General note/caveat: Jack is not a host I recommend "solving". Solve one another. That's why my immediate reaction to the post-Hally miller claims was exactly "I don't care".
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:08 pm I also have liked the way he has dealt with Wisp. There are numerous quotes there that I don't care to spam into this post, so go have a look if y'all want. Essentially I believe Epignosis had set the table to antagonize people I view as civilians (Nanook and Wisp) and a person I know is civilian (JJJ). Instead though he has had his pokes and landed on early civilian judgments. That supports the teamwork dynamic, and I think it looks authentic.
I don't understand this - you're saying that you think Nanook, Wisp and yourself are civillian, and that Epi is also civillian because he reads you all as civillian rather than antagonize you? Why wouldn't he do this as scum?
He started each of those reads with some degree of antagonism (holds more for Nanook and I than for Wisp). He could have stayed that way. I think he would be more likely to stay antagonistic as a mafioso.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:08 pm I also have liked the way he has dealt with Wisp. There are numerous quotes there that I don't care to spam into this post, so go have a look if y'all want. Essentially I believe Epignosis had set the table to antagonize people I view as civilians (Nanook and Wisp) and a person I know is civilian (JJJ). Instead though he has had his pokes and landed on early civilian judgments. That supports the teamwork dynamic, and I think it looks authentic.
I don't understand this - you're saying that you think Nanook, Wisp and yourself are civillian, and that Epi is also civillian because he reads you all as civillian rather than antagonize you? Why wouldn't he do this as scum?
He started each of those reads with some degree of antagonism (holds more for Nanook and I than for Wisp). He could have stayed that way. I think he would be more likely to stay antagonistic as a mafioso.
Yeah, that was my question. Do you have meta on Epi that makes you think he's likely to stay antagonistic as a mafioso? In a vacuum I see no reason to believe this is true but you're acting like you have a meta read based on it, which was why I wanted you to clarify and state your belief about Epi's meta (whether it's as simple as "Epi likes to antagonize townise as mafia to toy with them" or a more complex theory about wolf!Epi trying to set up mislynches early on).
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:14 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:12 pm
Yeah, that was my question. Do you have meta on Epi that makes you think he's likely to stay antagonistic as a mafioso? In a vacuum I see no reason to believe this is true but you're acting like you have a meta read based on it, which was why I wanted you to clarify and state your belief about Epi's meta (whether it's as simple as "Epi likes to antagonize townise as mafia to toy with them" or a more complex theory about wolf!Epi trying to set up mislynches early on).
I have a great deal of experience playing with Epignosis, so yes there is probably an element of meta in my perspective. He is a very capable mafioso so vigilant skepticism is fine. I am here to make judgments though and my judgment now is that Epignosis is not a good choice for a chop.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

If we set aside the "how does scum Hally know there's a Miller" question I think I'd be scumleaning on them. I do think their individual vibe is townie but their interactions with FG I think are scummy and it's easier to fake individual actions than interactions, especially with a scumbuddy.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Who's here right now? Right this very instant? Who can be here for the next 10-15 minutes or so?

We're gonna "spitball some reads"

Yanno? "Spitball some reads" :goofp:

Gimme at least five present and active players. If you already know what I'm doing, please keep it to yourself.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Millium
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 520

Post by Millium »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:24 pm Who's here right now? Right this very instant? Who can be here for the next 10-15 minutes or so?

Gimme at least five present and active players. If you already know what I'm doing, please keep it to yourself.
o/
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Your eyes get clouded. But if you have no such feelings…
you are capable of fighting right to the end of the world.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Alison[/mention] [mention]Wisp[/mention] [mention]Epignosis[/mention] [mention]Long Con[/mention] [mention]Hally[/mention] [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] [mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention]

Forgive the mention spam, I just want to get attention to the thread for a minute.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 390

Post by Epignosis »

I'm here- doing three things at once though, but here.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I think I know what you’re doing and I’m unlikely to participate but if I’m surprised I’ll be happy
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Spacedaisy »

I’m in
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm here. Is this the GTH thing again? I wasn't lying when I said I hated that.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 372
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Yo, I'm here.

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:29 pm I'm here. Is this the GTH thing again? I wasn't lying when I said I hated that.
Shhh he said it’s a surprise
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:29 pm I'm here. Is this the GTH thing again? I wasn't lying when I said I hated that.
Sure is. *audible gasps*

Y'all seem to know the drill then. Please respond by quoting my posts with the usernames so it's easier to count. You must say "good" or "bad" (or whatever variants), no "null" or "neutral" or "idk" is allowed. We'll get through this quickly.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

KITSUSHEL
SABIE12
EPIGNOSIS
ALISON

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:32 pm KITSUSHEL
SABIE12
EPIGNOSIS
ALISON
good
good
good
good

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

If in a shocking twist you actually want to spitball reads I’ll do that tho

Otherwise yeah not gonna do it if it is what I think it is

PPE nvm sadfaces
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:32 pm
SABIE12
EPIGNOSIS
ALISON
good
good
good
good
This.
Alison

Post by Alison »

SABIE12
EPIGNOSIS
ALISON
Kitsu - Bad
Sabie - Good
Epignosis - Good
Alison - Good
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:32 pm KITSUSHEL Bad
SABIE12 Good
EPIGNOSIS Good
ALISON Good
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:32 pm KITSUSHEL bad
SABIE12 good
EPIGNOSIS good
ALISON good
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 800
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:04 pm What if Hally/FG are both wolves?

Like the interactions between them seem sort of awkward and this has been bothering me for a bit, but if I think of them as both wolves struggling to strike a balance between attacking each other too much and townreading each other too much, and having the bit of natural awkwardness that comes with most W/W interaction, it makes sense in my head. I think aggressively fakeclaiming Miller is well within Hally's scum range too.

The only problem I have is how scum!Hally figured out that there were Millers in the game to make their Miller claim believable, since it would be improbably lucky of them to just randomly claim Miller and then it turns out there really were a bunch of Millers in the game.
not a bad theory except im town :p

also re: bolded - what are you basing that on? youve never seen me play as scum
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DRWILGY
SPRITYO
SPACEDAISY
WISP

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Is the Kit rating in relation to the goodness of the other three?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:35 pm DRWILGY
SPRITYO
SPACEDAISY
WISP
good
bad
good
good

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:35 pm DRWILGY good
SPRITYO good
SPACEDAISY good
WISP good
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

SABIE12
EPIGNOSIS
ALISON
Good
Bad
Bad
Good
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

SPRITYO
SPACEDAISY
WISP
Bad
Bad
Good
Good
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:08 pm Epignosis reads progressions I have liked:

On Nanook

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:15 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:11 pm I think all three miller claims are town!

Council of millers ftw
I don't believe you believe this.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:57 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:53 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:52 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:49 pm Epi soft locked as town imo
Why?
Are you town?
That doesn't answer my question.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:57 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:56 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:15 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:15 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:11 pm I think all three miller claims are town!

Council of millers ftw
I don't believe you believe this.
I don’t believe I care
Nanook is bad
Disagree.

On me

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:52 pm [VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine

Wake up.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:10 am
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:08 am i think we can safely stop talking about my claim now :p

lettuce focus on those who aren’t me :p
JaggedJimmyJay has zero posts. Talk about him.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:41 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:10 am Rao's marinara sauce tier -- I want this on my pasta at all times. Not eliminating.
Hally
Spacedaisy

Prego fresh mushroom sauce tier -- I may not necessarily be blown away, but it gets the job done. Not eliminating without being presented with a great reason.
Epignosis
Nanook
sabie12
TonyStarkPrime
Wisp

Plain spaghetti with no sauce tier -- This exists, and when you're starving with no alternatives it works I guess. Suspect pool.
ColinIsCool
KitsuShel

Mid's marinara sauce tier -- It's expensive and seems like it should be good, but something intangible doesn't work for me. I am conflicted. Suspect pool.
Alison

Ragu marinara sauce tier -- V8 tomato juice may have more substance. There are posts here, but none of them inspire any feeling in me. Suspect pool.
DrWilgy
Funnygurl555
Long Con
sprityo
yeah, this is a good sorting atm (or at least from where i am rn)

also lol at the pasta sauce
I haven't seen enough from sabie, Spacedaisy, or TonyStarkPrime to say any of them are good. I agree about Hally, Nanook and Wisp, and I would include JJJ in there.

I had never heard of Rao's before (I usually make my own sauces), but I was shopping today and spied it on the shelf. Seven damn dollars for a jar of marinara? I think not.

I also have liked the way he has dealt with Wisp. There are numerous quotes there that I don't care to spam into this post, so go have a look if y'all want. Essentially I believe Epignosis had set the table to antagonize people I view as civilians (Nanook and Wisp) and a person I know is civilian (JJJ). Instead though he has had his pokes and landed on early civilian judgments. That supports the teamwork dynamic, and I think it looks authentic.
fair enough :p i trust your read here
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:35 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:04 pm What if Hally/FG are both wolves?

Like the interactions between them seem sort of awkward and this has been bothering me for a bit, but if I think of them as both wolves struggling to strike a balance between attacking each other too much and townreading each other too much, and having the bit of natural awkwardness that comes with most W/W interaction, it makes sense in my head. I think aggressively fakeclaiming Miller is well within Hally's scum range too.

The only problem I have is how scum!Hally figured out that there were Millers in the game to make their Miller claim believable, since it would be improbably lucky of them to just randomly claim Miller and then it turns out there really were a bunch of Millers in the game.
not a bad theory except im town :p

also re: bolded - what are you basing that on? youve never seen me play as scum
I haven't, but I've seen you play as town and I think you are a good player. Absent other factors (like personality), good players are able to make plays like fakeclaiming Miller if they think it is correct. I do not think your personality would stop you from doing that.
Alison

Post by Alison »

SPRITYO
SPACEDAISY
WISP
Bad
Good
Good
Bad
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:35 pm DRWILGY Bad
SPRITYO Bad
SPACEDAISY Good
WISP Good
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

COLINISCOOL
LONG CON
TONYSTARKPRIME

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:38 pm COLINISCOOL
LONG CON
TONYSTARKPRIME
good
bad
good

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

LONG CON
TONYSTARKPRIME
Good
Good
Bad

How does anyone have a good read on a zero poster
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

SPRITYO
SPACEDAISY
WISP
Good
Bad
Bad
Good
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LONG CON
TONYSTARKPRIME
Bad
Bad
Good
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:24 pm Who's here right now? Right this very instant? Who can be here for the next 10-15 minutes or so?

hi!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOK
FUNNYGURL555
JAGGEDJIMMYJAY
HALLY

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:38 pm COLINISCOOL Bad
LONG CON Bad
TONYSTARKPRIME Good
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:40 pm NANOOK
FUNNYGURL555
JAGGEDJIMMYJAY
HALLY
Good
Bad
Good
Good
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FUNNYGURL555
JAGGEDJIMMYJAY
HALLY
good
bad
pure sex
good

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:40 pm NANOOK Good
FUNNYGURL555 Bad
JAGGEDJIMMYJAY Goof
HALLY Good
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

SABIE12
EPIGNOSIS
ALISON
bad
good
good
good
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

LONG CON
TONYSTARKPRIME
Good
Good
Bad
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:38 pm COLINISCOOL good
LONG CON good
TONYSTARKPRIME good
Alison

Post by Alison »

FUNNYGURL555
JAGGEDJIMMYJAY
HALLY
Good
Bad
Good
Bad
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Lol I meant good for Jay, but goof works too
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage