Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 1

Post by juliets »

After the lynch is over Epi is going to say he is not sorry because, he will say, I did baddie things. Or made mistakes that couldn't be corrected. Keep in mind people make mistakes like posting in the wrong thread all the time - civs and baddies It sure would be nice to know what those baddie things are that I did. Please the rest of you, hound Epi when he says something is so and make him explain himself. This is what happens when you let him get away with thinking things are one way and no one challenges him. Remember if you are civ it could be you next. He and someone else votes for you, people come in the thread who are tired and just take the easy way.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

Made, for the record, I wasn't lynched in Monty Python.

I read juliets' post on me a good 20 mins ago before I started catching up, and I feel pretty comfortable throwing my vote there. "What does it mean to be opportunistic?" you ask? OK, to me, you were extremely opportunistic to see nothing in me until I started getting the votes. Random drive-by from Nikki who has never made a post about me, Dom voting because he "suspects me" yet offering little to no reason. So what you do is you hop into the one standing vote for me that had any kind of thought out reasoning behind it, since it doesn't look like anybody else is getting lynched. But then you're called out on it, and nope, you weren't actually compelled to vote for me! This is serious, jules, my life is at stake! Image
I think I may have to retract my statement about not voting for zeek, enrique or mp. I am piecing together Epigs suspicion of Enrique and it holds more water than I thought. Epi you could make this easier by just listing the reasons you voted for him. Just a few key words even.
Bolded part is key here. You're definitely saying you're considering a vote for me. What's even better here, is that the post that first made Epig vote for me directly acknowledges him, and then I directly respond to both of you here. I think it'd be good form to at least acknowledge my response, no?

Epig seems to be really good at picking out baddies except when it comes to you, right? tbf I came into the thread thinking I'd probably have to vote for him with the deadline so close and nothing solid, but now I think he got you here.

@Blooper - I don't really have much to add to what I've said before. I've said all I've had to say about the zeek situation. I was never gunning after him, I made literally one post on him before deciding it was nothing, I've explained all of this before.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Bullzeye wrote:Should have voted and gone to bed hours ago but kinda glad I didn't because I wouldn't have known what to do then. This whole thing with Juliets looks quite suspicious, she almost seems to suck up to Epi with the whole 'since you're so good at picking out baddies comment'. It also makes it as though he's responsible for her vote and is the one who should be held accountable if she ended up voting for a civ. Not to mention she's basically saying she'll vote where someone else tells her to when there's no reason to really trust anyone that much yet. It just doesn't look good to me so I'm going to *Vote Juliets* and leave for the night.
I NEVER said I was going to vote someone just because someone else did. If someone has a suspicion I want to understand it - maybe the points are good or maybe they are bullshit like the suspicions Epi had for enrique (obviously bullshit because he didn't even wait for me to replay to his questions before he quickly changed to me). I want to understnad the suspicion so I know whether to add it to my own body of knowledge or not. And you didn't even let me answer this before you voted? Bullshit again.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Oh, yeah. *votes juliets*

And while I agree that Epig can be pretty stubborn/aggressive (I know for most of the day he had placed his vote on a civ and encouraged the rest of the thread to follow), I knew you were my #1 candidate the moment I read your post in the Monty Python thread before catching up here. Reading the rest of the thread only solidified my stance. This is not on him, it's on you.

But hey, I still have the votes on me for your teammates to come in and save the day if the poll is tight enough! Image Am I right, Blooper?
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I can't keep answering these posts. Vote me, one and all vote me. The civs won't lose much in terms of a power they will just lose my vote.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

That sounds like a pretty specific role claim to me...

I don't think I buy it. But it's pretty ballsy when whoever actually has that role could be out there. Then again, you could just tell us "that's not what you meant."
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Or, never mind, actually. Need to re-read the roles. I forgot the number of roles that start without a power.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

zeek wrote:I'm going to try to sleep now. I'm not particularly comfortable with my vote but I have little else to go on.

Not pleased with the vote stuck on me so I'd ask MR to actually read the thread before the deadline is up. k thanks.

I may set an alarm to get me back up to see the lynch post. Laters.
If you are not comfortable, why did you make it?

As I said, STV style just for you, zeek~ I am not a baddie~ not a dalek, not a cyberman, not an indy, not a secret role. I am totes a civvie.

And I have not read all the way back yet, but juliets sounds incredibly genuine to me, at least the last few posts. Why is she taking votes?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Juliets why did you change some of the words in your cross post?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:Juliets why did you change some of the words in your cross post?
I decided not to put in the part about retracting what I had said earlier because I really wasn't sure I wanted to do that. If I didn't find enrique to be bad then by saying I retracted my earlier statement I would have just confused the hell out of everyone. "I'm not voting for any of them" "Oh, maybe i will vote for one - let me ask about enrique" "I stand by my earlier statment and don't retract". I thought it would be too confusing and make me look wishy washy so decided not to put it in. It was just one of those blink of an eye decisions. Oh also, if another word changed or something I'm not aware of it. I didn't copy and paste from the other thread I just made a brand new post.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Enrique wrote:That sounds like a pretty specific role claim to me...

I don't think I buy it. But it's pretty ballsy when whoever actually has that role could be out there. Then again, you could just tell us "that's not what you meant."
Read my sentence again - i did not say i don't have a power. And I don't think I should say anymore because of the rules.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

TH, can you pull these two posts?
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

S~V~S wrote:If you are not comfortable, why did you make it?

As I said, STV style just for you, zeek~ I am not a baddie~ not a dalek, not a cyberman, not an indy, not a secret role. I am totes a civvie.
Thanks, I got it the first time. Guess I'll just forget about voting for you now :rolleyes:

It was the vote I felt most comfortable casting, that may have changed.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

So I'm going out so I'm going to have to put in a vote now. Its hard to follow everthing that's going on. Juliet seems to be really overly defensive Ill go with her for now and maybe check back in later and see what's up.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Elohcin »

Looks like Juliets is the way to go today.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

You would be defensive too if you were a civ and were going to be lynched for no good reason.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Elohcin wrote:Looks like Juliets is the way to go today.
Elo, why did you vote for me? Just give me a couple or reasons.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Those are possibly the bandwagony-est votes I have ever seen.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Just a few minutes left you guys - SOOOOO many votes missing. :mad:

Imma doing this one solo to night so bear with me while I get stuff together....
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It does not end for an hour?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Those are possibly the bandwagony-est votes I have ever seen.
Isn't it cool?

I vote Enrique and he takes votes.

I vote juliets and she takes votes.

I love my power.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I don't get why you didn't copy and paste, juliets?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't particularly think Juliets or Enrique are bad. So i am gonna vote Zeeky Peeky for saying he was gonna unvote me and not doing so. I thought we had an hour, but Angry Bea says otherwise so better safe than sorry.

Linki~ what posts of Juliets are we talking about? There are so many :(
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

zeek wrote:I don't get why you didn't copy and paste, juliets?
too much trouble

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Wait Zeek did not say that, changing it to Rey cause i want to poke him and make him post!!!

Linki~ Juliets, can you link me to the post, I have no idea what the issue is.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:It does not end for an hour?

Crap! That's right - my times are still messed up. :( Thanks - Imma fixin' this now. Still...lots of missing votes with an hour to go. :srsnod:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:
zeek wrote:I don't get why you didn't copy and paste, juliets?
too much trouble
Ctrl-C
Ctrl-V

Click.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

S~V~S wrote:I don't particularly think Juliets or Enrique are bad. So i am gonna vote Zeeky Peeky for saying he was gonna unvote me and not doing so. I thought we had an hour, but Angry Bea says otherwise so better safe than sorry.

I know you're bad at finding posts and all, but could you find where I said that? Because I didn't.

You have been so soft in your opinions (or lack there of) and now you tit-for-tat vote for me? Wow, you really don't want to give anything away do you?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:Wait Zeek did not say that, changing it to Rey cause i want to poke him and make him post!!!

ok sure give me a minute

and epignosis the only way i know how is to go through copy and paste

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

S~V~S wrote:Wait Zeek did not say that, changing it to Rey cause i want to poke him and make him post!!!

A very easy to find post.
How about showing some conviction?

If you believe juliets, do you think epignosis is bad?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

For the record. I agree with cutting an hour from the lynch :offtobed:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I would like to see the posts everyone is talking about. She has many posts, and I have asked like3 times.

And I said you did not say that before you posted, you must have seen it in linki
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Here's the two quotes contained in all the other quotes.
Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:Epi since you are so good at picking out baddies I've been trying to piece together your suspicion of enrique but it would be more helpful if you could just give a short list of the things that have hit you about enrique. I was sure I wouldn't vote him but I want to make sure I understand why you are.
This is worded very differently than what you accidentally posted in Monty Python:
juliets wrote:I think I may have to retract my statement about not voting for zeek, enrique or mp. I am piecing together Epigs suspicion of Enrique and it holds more water than I thought. Epi you could make this easier by just listing the reasons you voted for him. Just a few key words even.
I am reminded of a certain evil dragon who piggybacked on my suspicions for several days, getting me to elaborate on them. :eye:

I don't want to make things easier. Why don't you tell me what you've pieced together about Enrique now that he has three votes? :ponder:
Is that second quote from a different thread?
Yes. Mistakenly posted in a different thread.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Posted 7:59:09
zeek wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I don't particularly think Juliets or Enrique are bad. So i am gonna vote Zeeky Peeky for saying he was gonna unvote me and not doing so. I thought we had an hour, but Angry Bea says otherwise so better safe than sorry.

I know you're bad at finding posts and all, but could you find where I said that? Because I didn't.

You have been so soft in your opinions (or lack there of) and now you tit-for-tat vote for me? Wow, you really don't want to give anything away do you?
Posted 7:59:57

You must have seen my post in linki.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

There were like three or four posts in linki, I ignored them and scrolled down. Does it matter?

Python Post (accidental)
Who Post
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, you got kinda snarky about it, and i immediately retracted it. So it kinda does, imo.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And there were 2 posts.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

There were 4, I wrote my response right after your post and there are four after yours and before mine. Would you like to continue being picky?

And if we're talking about ignored posts...
zeek wrote:

A very easy to find post.
How about showing some conviction?

If you believe juliets, do you think epignosis is bad?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Those two posts have nothing in common; I thought people were saying she CHANGED a post?

And Bea & Epi each posted once between my post and yours. Two. But it isn't important. I admitted i was wrong.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

There are four posts that were in linki when I posted my reply to this post. Including you acknowledging I didn't say that. I didn;t see it and scrolled down.

She didn't change any posts, she accidentally post in Python that she had been putting the peices together and then, after she realised it was in the wrong thread over an hour later, she post something in here that wasn't quite the same.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Just for me, SVS, could you express an opinion about somebody? Anybody?

I don't know whether to move my vote and you have been extremely hard to pin down. You're not expressing any firm opnion on anything or anyone. Help me out here.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

This seems par for the Juliets course. I will be surprised if she comes up bad, but not shocked. I won't be voting for her. She has a bit of a disingenuous tone i view almost as a tell. i am not seeing it here, but I could be wrong.

Linki~ I don;t have any firm opinions yet. It is day 2. I have a bad habit of tunnelvisioning; I am trying to break it.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Whoops, forgot the lynch was tonight. Catching up now, but whoa, so many votes for Juliets! The page I'm on now has a post by MP saying he wouldn't vote for Juliets today yet he's the first one to vote for her. From my uninformed perspective, this definitely looks like a bandwagon, but I will try to speed-read these last few pages so I can make an informed decision and contribute a useful vote rather than random or none at all.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

SVS - do you think there's a bangwagon happening here?

The votes seem meritted to me.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'll vote enrique to try to save myself. Probably a lost cause but I've done everything I can think of to show I'm civ. You will find out when i flip that you were wrong, those of you who voted for me. For those other than MP and Epi, take a look at what happened in my lynch and how you were manipulated or how others got manipulated. Something happened late in the day that was no big deal yet it ends up lynching someone because there was no time to properly discuss it.. Baddies love that kind of situation. And don't use the excuse "Oh but it is day 1". This could have been prevented if people thought for themselves, and I'm especially talking to the two people who just bandwagoned without knowing what the issues were. You know who you are.

So good luck civs, you're going to need it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh, and note that no one defended me before it got out of hand. That should be a big tell.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Not all bandwagons are bad things, tbh. Like i just said, i think this is par for the Juliets course. I don't particularly suspect her. But not knowing her role, I could be wrong.

Do you plan on quizzing everyone else on their specific opinions?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

juliets, the two posts are not the same. If they were and you'd still backtracked on voting enrique, as epignosis' argument was holding water, I would have given you the benefit of the doubt... there is too great a disparity between the two, however, and you seemed to imply a hidden knowledge you'd found it in the first. Then you completely 180'd when epig pulled you on it.

SVS, eventually of course. Thought I'd start with you given you've been posting but not actually helped the discussion.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

This is insane. I'm going to vote Eloh for voting Juliets for pretty much no reason, only because other people had. I don't think Juliets is bad. She changed some phrasing when she accidentally posted to another thread, but I don't think there's anything really suspicious about that. Also the defense thing makes a whole lot of sense to me right now.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

How does it make sense?

Return to “Previous Jobs”