Moderator: Community Team

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 6

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:43 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:00 pm I think night is almost over so legacy posting in case I die. I think we need to seriously consider the angle that DH may have fooled us all. I still think Luna or Colin is more likely the last scum and would go for them first, but I don't want to continue giving DH a pass. My order looks like this right now:

Luna
Colin
DH
poutanko
juliets
timmer
Mac

Yes imo mac (and thus according to him 95% timmer) is more confirmed town than juliets. But I'm pretty sure the scum is in the first three. Mayyybe poutanko but I don't really have a case for her.

Finally, barring further shenanigans, I nullified DH's vote for day 7. May have been a poor choice, but using my other ability felt too much like it could backfire on me and I wanted to do something more or less safe.

Maybe I won't die, but with the prevalence of diricawls and other such madness I'm paranoid. But I'm also kind of hoping someone vigs Luna or Colin and we get lucky. If one of them dies and flips town, definitely just go ahead and lynch the other. If it's between them... we should do more research and carefully consider everything because there are points in both of their favor and points against them both. But my main word of advice is that if we don't find scum in either of them to not let DH slide by without further scrutiny. I know it feels like we've had this game in the bag for a while but we can't get cocky or we're susceptible to... well, a long con. Keep up the good fight, town.
Incredible.
What the hell do you even mean
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 7

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:45 pm
I know it feels like we've had this game in the bag for a while
"We" lol

"We" dunked on Long Con did "we"?

Did "we" flush out Jack?

Whoever this "we" is Nutella is talking about is pretty good at the game of mafia tho I gotta admit.
Yeah fucking we. Stop fucking taking credit for everything. It's just making you look worse. I know you want to fucking tinfoil on me too because I've made stupid mistakes but at least you can't say that I could have set myself to look town from the very beginning because I don't have the most perfect voting record like you do. Fucking chill.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

You are seriously pissing me off and you don't seem to care about actually figuring out who is bad here.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:54 pm Hey does anyone *actually* have proof/a good enough piece of evidence that "I blocked the guy who was trying to block the mafia" is a civ? Because if not :/
Yeah I have a fucking shitton of posts and have put as much effort into hunting as Jay and probably more than you.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

Colin - Could be Jack's teammate. Had a lot of interactions with LC.
Luna - Claimed Cop, probably not Jack's teammate unless they both decided to claim cops for some reason.
Mac - Could be Jack's teammate. D6 looks good.
Poutanko - Claimed cop, probably not Jack's teammate unless they both decided to claim cops for some reason
juliets (w/ little j) - Glorffed herself into civvieness. If she's Jack's teammate I'm leaving the site.
DH - Smashed on two mafia for fun. Definitely not Jack's teammate.
Nutella - ??? Blocked the guy who said out loud in the thread he was going to block Jack ??? Lol ???

What stands out for me is Long Con's interactions with Mac and Colin. He found both suspect at one point but only ever put a vote on Colin. I think he put a vote on Colin *after* he said Colin's play "looked strong."

If I had to guess, Mac's a good bet for today but Colin's a close second. Good think supatown Nutella took away my ability to give a shit today.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 pm Does 1 kill mean Quin was a vig?
My theory was he was the other vig and vigged Long Con and that's why speed saw him there. I think he lied about his actions to cover that he was the other vig.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:08 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:54 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:53 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:52 pm Lol I keep choosing bad kill targets amiright?
Sucks 2 b u
*generic distancing comment*
#CantVoteClub
Can't be sure nobody diricawled you or if I was blocked (though I think usually DDL has been informing people of when they're blocked?) but you should vote anyway just in case.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:14 pm Colin - Could be Jack's teammate. Had a lot of interactions with LC.
Luna - Claimed Cop, probably not Jack's teammate unless they both decided to claim cops for some reason.
Poutanko - Claimed cop, probably not Jack's teammate unless they both decided to claim cops for some reason
juliets (w/ little j) - Glorffed herself into civvieness. If she's Jack's teammate I'm leaving the site.
Nutella - ??? Blocked the guy who said out loud in the thread he was going to block Jack ??? Lol ???

What stands out for me is Long Con's interactions with Mac and Colin. He found both suspect at one point but only ever put a vote on Colin. I think he put a vote on Colin *after* he said Colin's play "looked strong."

If I had to guess, Mac's a good bet for today but Colin's a close second. Good think supatown Nutella took away my ability to give a shit today.
Mac is town.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:12 pm You are seriously pissing me off and you don't seem to care about actually figuring out who is bad here.
:shrug: I caught two mafia I care very much about catching the one that'll kill Jack.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:15 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:14 pm Colin - Could be Jack's teammate. Had a lot of interactions with LC.

Mac is town.
Well then Colin is the bad boi.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Why not Luna? I think her cop claims are mostly bullshit. The Sloonei thing is the main caveat but she could have done that to look good. Otherwise she claimed to check Epi right before he was killed, you when everyone was certain you were town, and kara after she conveniently flipped town. Easily fabricated or scum-motivated ability checks.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:17 pm Why not Luna? I think her cop claims are mostly bullshit. The Sloonei thing is the main caveat but she could have done that to look good. Otherwise she claimed to check Epi right before he was killed, you when everyone was certain you were town, and kara after she conveniently flipped town. Easily fabricated or scum-motivated ability checks.
Why would two mafia both claim cop that's just going to fuck up one of their games.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sorry for blowing up on you, you have every right to tinfoil me as I am tinfoiling you. I'm just annoyed that my night actions are getting so much criticism.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:18 pm Sorry for blowing up on you, you have every right to tinfoil me as I am tinfoiling you. I'm just annoyed that my night actions are getting so much criticism.
I'm a big boi I can take a kick or two in the teeth. :haha:

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:18 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:17 pm Why not Luna? I think her cop claims are mostly bullshit. The Sloonei thing is the main caveat but she could have done that to look good. Otherwise she claimed to check Epi right before he was killed, you when everyone was certain you were town, and kara after she conveniently flipped town. Easily fabricated or scum-motivated ability checks.
Why would two mafia both claim cop that's just going to fuck up one of their games.
Jack never actually did claim cop in the thread though until you said he did. Probably he's Luna's teammate and was talking about her checks and then didn't really have a way to refute that (I mean he didn't have any original check claims actually right??)

[VOTE: luna] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah actually that makes sense to me. One of them has a check and he claimed privately and she claimed publicly but they have access to the same information.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Cause he never actually told you who he checked except for like Slowner who Luna also claimed to check right? was there anyone else?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I just solved the game bois isn't that absolutely wild :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I mean hell I dunno, if I was tinfoiling I would say "Luna is the actual Mafia Cop, Jack Horcruxed her and came up with the mason plan to parrot her checks out into the world so if any heat ever came back from it it would come on to him and not her and he'd not die and she'd look pretty town."

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:22 pm I mean hell I dunno, if I was tinfoiling I would say "Luna is the actual Mafia Cop, Jack Horcruxed her and came up with the mason plan to parrot her checks out into the world so if any heat ever came back from it it would come on to him and not her and he'd not die and she'd look pretty town."
This is basically what I'm saying yeah :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Like, doesn't anyone else besides me think it's really funny that she checked Epi and the next night he died? And checking Epi makes much more sense as scum with the motivation to learn his abilities and see if he posed a threat to them than as town because he wasn't really under any suspicion.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also saying she checked kara who was a big suspect at the time but also happened to have died and flipped was nice and convenient.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

Fyi, I tried to check MacDougal tonight and my action failed.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:52 pm Lol I keep choosing bad kill targets amiright?
Sucks 2 b u
Mason w/ me
That didn’t work out so well the first time.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

When it's possible that she actually checked one of the living townies to learn their abilities and lied about it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:27 pm Fyi, I tried to check MacDougal tonight and my action failed.
:shrug:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If Luna comes in here and says "I checked nutella she's bad" I'm gonna flip my fuckin lid lads.

Linki Fugg.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lunalee wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:27 pm Fyi, I tried to check MacDougal tonight and my action failed.
Gasp! A cloak that returns “action failed.”

How dastardly.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] house cup?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:12 pm You are seriously pissing me off and you don't seem to care about actually figuring out who is bad here.
It’s because he’s the cult leader.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:27 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:54 pm
Sucks 2 b u
Mason w/ me
That didn’t work out so well the first time.
I was thinking this time instead of outing yourself you'd out your teammate :noble:

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:31 pm
It’s because he’s the cult leader.
Mutiny for three? :mafia:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:22 pm I mean hell I dunno, if I was tinfoiling I would say "Luna is the actual Mafia Cop, Jack Horcruxed her and came up with the mason plan to parrot her checks out into the world so if any heat ever came back from it it would come on to him and not her and he'd not die and she'd look pretty town."
Am I that smart?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh hey two people in Ravenclaw didn't vote for sprityo. This might finally be our moment.

But of course that includes Luna. :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I personally think its Colin but what the hell do I know.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:35 pm
Am I that smart?
Nah but your teammate is. :nicenod:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:36 pm
Am I that smart?
Humble brag.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:36 pm
Am I that smart?
:shrug2:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m putting a cult leader and three serial killers in my next game.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:26 pm Like, doesn't anyone else besides me think it's really funny that she checked Epi and the next night he died? And checking Epi makes much more sense as scum with the motivation to learn his abilities and see if he posed a threat to them than as town because he wasn't really under any suspicion.
hmm...I was definitely bothered by what seemed like randomness of the Epi kill - I just didn't see any reason to kill him over some of the suptown peeps.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'd love to hear from everyone.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:36 pm I personally think its Colin but what the hell do I know.
The only thing that stops me on Colin is that civ cop check that pout got.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Who wants to know why I killed Epi?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

juliets wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:43 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:36 pm I personally think its Colin but what the hell do I know.
The only thing that stops me on Colin is that civ cop check that pout got.
Obvious explanation is they’re both scum.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

tfw the host changes the rules of the house cup but you woulda won every day if he didn't :(

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:49 pm tfw the host changes the rules of the house cup but you woulda won every day if he didn't :(
tfw you would have won every year if not for last min bs point awarding.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

You're being silly. Dead civilian Timmer totally voucher for me.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:28 pm Dragon D. Luffy house cup?
After I eat a pizza. And drink a caipirinha.

Though maybe it's not a good idea to do a bunch of math after drinking a caipirinha.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:36 pm Oh hey two people in Ravenclaw didn't vote for sprityo. This might finally be our moment.

But of course that includes Luna. :suspish:
What are you getting at?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss