Psych Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

[THIS IS LYLO -- VOTES ARE NOT CHANGEABLE!!!] Who will you feed to Billy's pet panther?

BigDamnHero
No votes
birdwithteeth11
23%
Elohcin
No votes
Clizby!!! (hosts, deadies, non-players)
77%

Total votes: 13
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 32

Re: Psych Mafia [Night 3]

Post by DrWilgy »

Russtifinko wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:DrWilgy:

Do mafia fight to save their teammates? Or do they let the circumstances determine their actions?

You weren't kicking up any fuss over Scotty's lynch over the single token post you made. Is anybody going to kick up any fuss over yours?
It depends on the player. The fundamental rule of mafia being harder to lynch than civilian will be unchanging due to the nature of the game.

Probably not. Unless someone has any means of knowing my alignment. The only reason why I knew Scotty most likely wasn't bad was due to vote pattern analysis which I pointed out previously here:
DrWilgy wrote:Scotty has a 5 vote lead? I'll be shocked if this is a baddie.
This makes me wonder why you would say I didn't kick up any fuss when I did disagree. (I'm currently catching up in the thread to become more involved in the game)
Wilgy, to attempt to put a finer point on what Epi said: you seem plenty happy to say "I told you so" and throw in snarky comments about how we're headed down the wrong path, but when it comes to the actual work of proposing a better option/building a case/even actually trying to convince people to move their votes rather than just saying they're poor votes, you've fallen woefully short. So your condescension rings hollow.
Sorry. Didn't mean to be condescending. I can see that. Snarky isn't something though. Pointing out a incorrection is important for discussion and I still look forward to what Epi states about it.

If I were here I would have avoided a Scotty lynch at all costs. I suppose what I would like to know everyones thoughts on the vote pattern though. To me, a player with a 5 vote lead is civ.

What say you russ?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 32

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Do mafia fight to save their teammates? Or do they let the circumstances determine their actions?

You weren't kicking up any fuss over Scotty's lynch over the single token post you made. Is anybody going to kick up any fuss over yours?
It depends on the player. The fundamental rule of mafia being harder to lynch than civilian will be unchanging due to the nature of the game.

Probably not. Unless someone has any means of knowing my alignment. The only reason why I knew Scotty most likely wasn't bad was due to vote pattern analysis which I pointed out previously here:
This makes me wonder why you would say I didn't kick up any fuss when I did disagree. (I'm currently catching up in the thread to become more involved in the game)
Single token post.
Ah I see. I misread.

Epi what is the weight of a single post when compared to a slow posting rate? That post was 50% of my discussion for that day.

Regardless. I Still think it's important that we know players mindset as votes are stacking.

I still haven't had time to read a majority of the thread yet. Forgive me.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by DFaraday »

This night may end up being longer than the Eternal Night from the Office Mafia. :keys:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 143

Post by BigDamnHero »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
LET'S MAKE NIGHT GREAT AGAIN!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Elohcin »

Well, since there isn't much going on, how about I share some pictures from our family vacation :D B/c I know y'all care so much!!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 144

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

DrWilgy wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Wilgy, to attempt to put a finer point on what Epi said: you seem plenty happy to say "I told you so" and throw in snarky comments about how we're headed down the wrong path, but when it comes to the actual work of proposing a better option/building a case/even actually trying to convince people to move their votes rather than just saying they're poor votes, you've fallen woefully short. So your condescension rings hollow.
Sorry. Didn't mean to be condescending. I can see that. Snarky isn't something though. Pointing out a incorrection is important for discussion and I still look forward to what Epi states about it.

If I were here I would have avoided a Scotty lynch at all costs. I suppose what I would like to know everyones thoughts on the vote pattern though. To me, a player with a 5 vote lead is civ.

What say you russ?
I disagree with the bolded part. I've seen huge vote leads on people who turned out to be bad. And given Scotty's behavior, there were multiple reasons to pick up on the idea of him being bad.

In this case, it just turned out that a lot of us were wrong about him. But no, a huge vote lead like that doesn't necessarily mean you're going to lynch the wrong person in and of itself.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

BigDamnHero wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImage
LET'S MAKE NIGHT GREAT AGAIN!!!
:Uhh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

where else in the world can you go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning and it's STILL night?!?!?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry all for the wait. I'll be putting up the Night 3 post momentarily and shifting the phase over officially.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Psych Mafia Polls

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 3

Who failed to kill again?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:13:36 pm

BigDamnHero
No votes

birdwithteeth11
No votes

DFaraday 2.0
No votes

DrWilgy
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

Epignosis
No votes

LoRab
Quin (7) 6%

Matt
Scotty (8), DFaraday (18) 11%

Metalmarsh89
DrWilgy (10) 6%

Quin
No votes

rabbit8
No votes

Russtifinko 2.0
No votes

Scotty
Russtifinko (3), birdwithteeth11 (6), Matt (11), LoRab (12), Elohcin (13), timmer (14), BigDamnHero (15), sig (16), Epignosis (17) 50%

sig
No votes

SokothQultuq
No votes

timmer
No votes

Bobo (hosts, deadies, non-players)
MovingPictures07 (1), JaggedJimmyJay (2), insertnamehere (4), Spacedaisy (5), Turnip Head (9) 28%

Total votes : 18
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 4 - Demoralized

Everyone in the SBPD was on edge. Juliet had been killed, Gus had been killed, Buzz was dead... it was starting to demoralize them. Shawn was taking it the hardest. Abigail had heard the news and came back around to try and support him. Henry and Madeleine were trying to keep close to him, they were worried about how reckless he was getting.

They were all inside the chief's office discussing the case when the sound of an argument drifted in from outside. Suddenly the sound of a single gun shot pierced the air and they all ran outside to find a dismal scene. Mary Lightly lay on the ground, blood pooling underneath him. Someone had shot him with a pistol. Things were getting worse by the minute.

----------------------------------------------------

Matt has been killed by ?????. He was Mary Lightly.
No one has been killed by the Crooked Cops

It is now Day 4. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Psych Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, so it's Day 4 now. Apologies again for the wait and weird times so far. We should be able to operate on a systematic time going forward once we shift it back into the evening again.

You all should have your PMs and such, though it's been a hectic few days for us both, so let us know if you have any questions.

I'll update the front page with the living/dead players status and post links later, since I need to be working on PhD stuff. I also hope to send all of you PMs later tonight specifically telling you which items you have and what they do, as a reminder. If you are wondering about that now or at any time, don't hesitate to PM me.

Also, we had a couple of questions about whether you all are supposed to be sending in codes to crack the safe. Yes, it would behoove you to do so, because if you crack it you can grab the items inside. It still has not yet been cracked. This will continue every Night period. I'll make sure we remind you folks at the end of Day 4 / start of Day 5.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also (sorry for spamming), note that Matt's role is in fact revealed. For some reason I didn't notice that right away.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Spacedaisy »

My fault there guys, we wrote all the PMs and the post and I thought I posted it here but I actually only posted it in our host sandbox! I didn't start the night because I thought I did it yesterday morning. I'm so very sorry.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also (sorry for spamming), note that Matt's role is in fact revealed. For some reason I didn't notice that right away.
Who (if anybody) won yesterday's contest?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

BigDamnHero wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Also (sorry for spamming), note that Matt's role is in fact revealed. For some reason I didn't notice that right away.
The impartial third party in the sky has selected Epignosis, hence why he isn't on today's poll.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Epignosis »

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 25

Post by SokothQultuq »

Quick question, something i noticed between this game and the last I participated in. All the Players get a "Post History" but the hosts don't? Why is that?
If I want to go back and reference hosts posts I have to go searching though every day. Is it possible to have that added?
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:
The impartial third party in the sky has selected Epignosis, hence why he isn't on today's poll.
...and why is Scotty on the poll??? :confused:
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Well I'm voting DrWilgy...who's basically a "see I told you Scotty wasn't a baddie...and that's why I didn't vote for him like the rest of you" defense-type of post away from signalling his full-on baddiness.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

BigDamnHero wrote:Well I'm voting DrWilgy...who's basically a "see I told you Scotty wasn't a baddie...and that's why I didn't vote for him like the rest of you" defense-type of post away from signalling his full-on baddiness.
Hmm, something to think about. Would a baddie be that obvious?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

BigDamnHero wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:
hahahahahaha I'm back bitches!

Wait, why am I still in dead red :scared:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

SokothQultuq wrote:Quick question, something i noticed between this game and the last I participated in. All the Players get a "Post History" but the hosts don't? Why is that?
If I want to go back and reference hosts posts I have to go searching though every day. Is it possible to have that added?
Sure thing, I'll add this now and update the living/dead players stuff too. FYI there are also host posts links above the players for quick reference if you want to refer to those.

BigDamnHero wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:
Sigh. He shouldn't be. Sorry, I updated everything in a hurry this morning because I had no idea the game hadn't gone on to Day 4 yet and Annie's at work. It's been really hectic and with my schedule I'm really only supposed to be helping out with this game by tracking spreadsheet stuff, but we've both been swamped. I edited the poll to say DON'T VOTE HERE for Scotty because if I remove him it will reset. Just don't vote there obviously.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, stuff is updated. The only thing I still need to do (or Annie if she gets to it before me since I need to get back to work) is PMing you folks about your items to make sure you know which ones you have and what they do. Please let us know if you have further game questions or requests. Thanks.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

BigDamnHero wrote:Well I'm voting DrWilgy...who's basically a "see I told you Scotty wasn't a baddie...and that's why I didn't vote for him like the rest of you" defense-type of post away from signalling his full-on baddiness.
I think this added in with his early lack of active participation, as well as his initial seemingly not knowing why Scotty led 2 lynches in a row has me looking at Wilgy really hard today.

I know votes are changeable, but why so early? We have plenty of time to discuss this and other ideas as well.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No one killed, someone survived a kill, no one killed. Tough break. Let's see what we've got here.

BigDamnHero
79 posts
Active in each phase

birdwithteeth11
61 posts
Active in each phase

DFaraday 2.0 [replaced nijuukyugou]
11 posts (+4 posts)
Inactive Night 1

DrWilgy
28 posts
Inactive Day 0, Night 2

Elohcin
25 posts
Inactive Night 1

insertnamehere
9 posts
Inactive Night 1, Night 2

Lorab
23 posts
Inactive Night 1

Metalmarsh89 [replaced Dom]
16 posts (+20 posts)

Quin
21 posts
Inactive Night 1

rabbit8
10 posts
Inactive Night 1, Inactive Night 2

Russtifinko 2.0 [replaced Turnip Head][replaced Soneji][replaced S~V~S]
15 posts (+23 posts +0 posts +5 posts)
Inactive Night 1

sig
65 posts
Active in each phase

SokothQultuq
15 posts
Inactive Night 1

timmer
12 posts
Inactive Night 1, Night 2, Night 3

++++

No one was inactive during any Day phase, only Night phases.

Mafia must know by the end of the Day phase who among them is able to kill.

One can infer that PMs are not being missed, since someone was attacked Night 2.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Correct, there was no kill attempt on Night 1, while there was on Night 2. Note that the failure to kill could be driven by inactivity or none of the baddies meeting their (secret) criteria to kill.
From the underlined, we may also assume that the Crooked Cops have to accomplish something in order to use the kill. Note that the wording doesn't allow for some passive set of circumstances to be satisfactory: The mafia have to meet their secret criteria to kill.

Given that there are requirements in place to use the kill, we can further deduce that whatever criteria is necessary for one of the three killers to use the kill is not being met.
Spacedaisy wrote:
Crooked Cops (3)
One of them may kill every night. They learn the role of their victims.
Jerry Carp – May only use the kill if (Secrets)

Lou Gamble - May only use the kill if (Secrets)

Jack Atwater – May only use the kill if (Secrets)
There are three distinct uses of the phrase "May only use the kill if (Secrets)" associated with each name, which implies three distinct criteria.

We may further deduce that this criteria must be met each phase, rather than the criteria being met permanently, because there was no kill attempt, then a kill attempt, and then no kill attempt. Had one of the Crooked Cops met the criteria permanently, he or she could have used the kill Night 3, but this did not occur.

There were no kills from the Crooked Cops Nights 1 or 3, which means Day 2 is the anomaly. Someone tried to kill.

Conclusion: Going through Day 2 will provide insight into who got to use the kill Night 2.

Logic bitches. :mafia:
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: I know votes are changeable, but why so early? We have plenty of time to discuss this and other ideas as well.
Why not? Either Wilgy mounts a convincing defense or some revolutionary evidence is dug up, in which case I can change my vote, or he fails to convince me to change my vote.

My guess is he's going to try to get us to focus on the other Scotty voters and anyone who currently suspects Wilgy. I'm not advocating a bad wagon or train or whatever other vehicle may have you (even though I am a control freak who always insists on deiving), but I'm confident in my convictions that this will lead us to a positive outcome.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Quin »

I fully intended to up my activity as I said earlier, but my internet suddenly got super spotty again. It's back now so I can only hope it stays that way. I'm going out this morning but when I come back I'll have something more definitive to say.

To make sure this post isn't entirely wasted, I want you guys to give me some names to ISO when I get home. I'll just do a couple of wall posts because I'm on a ...uh..... a budget.

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 114

Post by insertnamehere »

Quin wrote:I fully intended to up my activity as I said earlier, but my internet suddenly got super spotty again. It's back now so I can only hope it stays that way. I'm going out this morning but when I come back I'll have something more definitive to say.

To make sure this post isn't entirely wasted, I want you guys to give me some names to ISO when I get home. I'll just do a couple of wall posts because I'm on a ...uh..... a budget.

Sig

Wilgy

Russ
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Okay, so in light of Epi's post, I decided to go back and read Day 2. Then I decided to read individual players on Day 2. And still...I got nuttin'!! I don't know what's wrong with me this game, but I'm having a hard time finding any, what you call, pings. :shrug:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Here's a list of all living players. Everyone on this list, please post something, and based on what you post I will paint you the color that I desire.

BigDamnHero
birdwithteeth11
DFaraday 2.0
DrWilgy
Elohcin
Epignosis
insertnamehere
Lorab
Metalmarsh89
Quin
rabbit8
Russtifinko 2.0
sig
SokothQultuq
timmer

My new rainbow list is gonna be a hit. :workit:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here's a list of all living players. Everyone on this list, please post something, and based on what you post I will paint you the color that I desire.

BigDamnHero
birdwithteeth11
DFaraday 2.0
DrWilgy
Elohcin
Epignosis
insertnamehere
Lorab
Metalmarsh89
Quin
rabbit8
Russtifinko 2.0
sig
SokothQultuq
timmer

My new rainbow list is gonna be a hit. :workit:
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 114

Post by insertnamehere »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here's a list of all living players. Everyone on this list, please post something, and based on what you post I will paint you the color that I desire.

WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:Okay, so in light of Epi's post, I decided to go back and read Day 2. Then I decided to read individual players on Day 2. And still...I got nuttin'!! I don't know what's wrong with me this game, but I'm having a hard time finding any, what you call, pings. :shrug:
You can't just go back and read Day 2. You need to look for people whose activity Day 2 was different from Day 1 and 3 in some noteworthy way.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Okay, so in light of Epi's post, I decided to go back and read Day 2. Then I decided to read individual players on Day 2. And still...I got nuttin'!! I don't know what's wrong with me this game, but I'm having a hard time finding any, what you call, pings. :shrug:
You can't just go back and read Day 2. You need to look for people whose activity Day 2 was different from Day 1 and 3 in some noteworthy way.
But what if it had nothing to do with their activity? What if they have to solve some kind of puzzle to earn their kill? We would never be able to figure out something like that.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epi, you are a good host/game maker. What kinds of things can you think up that would fit into this situation? What are some ideas of things a baddie would have to do to earn their kill?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
But what if it had nothing to do with their activity? What if they have to solve some kind of puzzle to earn their kill? We would never be able to figure out something like that.
There's already a puzzle mechanic in this (Yin-Yang-Shawn). I don't see a second one for a mafia that needs to kill to win. Each of them have to do something differently to kill.
Elohcin wrote:Epi, you are a good host/game maker. What kinds of things can you think up that would fit into this situation? What are some ideas of things a baddie would have to do to earn their kill?
Whatever it is shouldn't disproportionately keep mafia from killing. It has to be something mafia are able independently to achieve. That is the main reason I am thinking people who haven't been able to participate much at all are worth lynching.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epi, I'm not going to quote your post there because of how long it is, but I do have a question about it. Based on your conclusions, I am assuming that players who were active on Day 2 but may have been inactive in other phases are potential baddie candidates and could be good ones to look at.

Agree or disagree?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Epi, I'm not going to quote your post there because of how long it is, but I do have a question about it. Based on your conclusions, I am assuming that players who were active on Day 2 but may have been inactive in other phases are potential baddie candidates and could be good ones to look at.

Agree or disagree?
I'm not there yet. I'm cooking and haven't had the opportunity to see what I can see. On the surface though, yes.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

insertnamehere wrote:

I'm curious on what your current thoughts are. I feel like I haven't heard much from you this game.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Epi, I'm not going to quote your post there because of how long it is, but I do have a question about it. Based on your conclusions, I am assuming that players who were active on Day 2 but may have been inactive in other phases are potential baddie candidates and could be good ones to look at.

Agree or disagree?
I'm not there yet. I'm cooking and haven't had the opportunity to see what I can see. On the surface though, yes.
Alright. I'm going to take a look and see if I can find any players that match that criteria.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright. Let's trim this down a bit. I'm going to start by narrowing the list down. I'll cross out the ones that are off the list in terms of suspicion.
Epignosis wrote:
BigDamnHero
79 posts
Active in each phase

birdwithteeth11
61 posts
Active in each phase

DFaraday 2.0 [replaced nijuukyugou]
11 posts (+4 posts)
Inactive Night 1

DrWilgy
28 posts
Inactive Day 0, Night 2

I wasn't sure here, but given some of his other behavior, I'm leaving him in. Plus I want to read him a bit more.

Elohcin
25 posts
Inactive Night 1

insertnamehere
9 posts

Lorab
23 posts
Inactive Night 1

Metalmarsh89 [replaced Dom]
16 posts (+20 posts)

Quin
21 posts
Inactive Night 1

rabbit8
10 posts
Inactive Night 1, Inactive Night 2

Russtifinko 2.0 [replaced Turnip Head][replaced Soneji][replaced S~V~S]
15 posts (+23 posts +0 posts +5 posts)
Inactive Night 1

sig
65 posts
Active in each phase

SokothQultuq
15 posts
Inactive Night 1

timmer
12 posts
Inactive Night 1, Night 2, Night 3
There we go. Knocked half the players off the list. So that leaves us 7 to look at.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
There's already a puzzle mechanic in this (Yin-Yang-Shawn). I don't see a second one for a mafia that needs to kill to win. Each of them have to do something differently to kill.
Elohcin wrote:Epi, you are a good host/game maker. What kinds of things can you think up that would fit into this situation? What are some ideas of things a baddie would have to do to earn their kill?
Whatever it is shouldn't disproportionately keep mafia from killing. It has to be something mafia are able independently to achieve. That is the main reason I am thinking people who haven't been able to participate much at all are worth lynching.
That is why I said we ought to look into quiet players. I can't remember who it was, but someone else thought it was suspicious that I would think that. So naturally, I shut up about it. I can't fart in Mafia without being suspected.

Now, I do have a bit of a theory. What if its not how active they are. What if they had to talk about something specific in their posts? Of course, the more active they are/more posts they make, the more difficult it would be for us to figure out what the specific thing is.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
That is why I said we ought to look into quiet players. I can't remember who it was, but someone else thought it was suspicious that I would think that. So naturally, I shut up about it. I can't fart in Mafia without being suspected.

Now, I do have a bit of a theory. What if its not how active they are. What if they had to talk about something specific in their posts? Of course, the more active they are/more posts they make, the more difficult it would be for us to figure out what the specific thing is.
Nothing wrong with that theory. Go with it. Keep all avenues open. Assume it's true and tell us what you discover.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright. First on the list alphabetically is: Niju/DFaraday 2.0:

Not much to gleam on Niju. She had a whole 4 posts before she was replaced. This is the only one that has any real substance:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Thread, don't be a nightmare to read here.
:haha: I understand the contest, but those first few pages were a bit of a nightmare to get through.
Elohcin wrote:
Day 0 and he seems to be trying too hard to find something on someone.

Okay, so I just saw that there may be another option for me to vote. Niju. She has posted ONCE all game (Day 0). I know it's early and Niju is a quiet player. She usually posts only once a day. However, its easy for me to tell the difference between her quiet, helpful, civ playstyle and her quiet, laying low, baddie playstyle. I will keep this in mind if I can get back here before EoD. For now, sig, though.
Do you? :grin: But really, I considered going with what I keep saying I'm going to do every game beginning and go after a super-low poster. Problem is, that happens to be me yet again.

These votes are stupid spread out, and among people I believe have either been simply playful, or really haven't done anything ping-worthy, IMO. I think most very strange behavior Day 1 is avoided by baddies, and the types of things people are voting for (e.g., sig's theorizing, although I'll admit I had to tear myself from a vote for him because temptation but also not wanting to kill the guy AGAIN on Day 1; Scotty's "I haven't looked at my role card!" [because what reason is there for saying this as a baddie? I hope I don't eat my words]) fall into that category of "Why would someone do this Day 1 as a baddie?" I'm not saying it wouldn't happen and hasn't happened, but I'm saying it's not likely, and I avoid voting like that. Really, I found this post by Quin to be subtle, yet suspect:
Quin wrote:This argument confuses me. I'd rather make the argument sig is making against eloh against SVS instead. The fact that the Eloh argument has escalated to where it is just feels extremely 'meh' to me.
sig wrote:Okay I know it is verrrrry early day 0 but already two things have stood out to me.
rabbit8 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Yay! This looks like a super complex set up with the items. I have been mega busy recently with RL, but I was looking forward to this.

Um, since info on the poll is confirmed, I think we should be clear on why we are voting as we do. I am choosing Ice Cream Jerky since, A~ It does not have meat in it. And B~ I have had that freeze dried "space astronaut" ice cream, and it was acceptable. Most of this except maybe Fruit Loop Quesadilla,sounds awful.

Also never saw this if that makes a diff re options.

You mafia.....? :smoky:
And SVS response.
S~V~S wrote:OMG, no lol.
I find it to be very strange. :eye:

This seems like an attempt by Eloh to look townie and make it seem like she doesn't have information while she really does.
Elohcin wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
DFaraday wrote:This game is going to be great! All of those options sound amazing/revolting, so I'll have to mull it over.

Host: Does anyone have info on this poll?
:srsnod:
not me :(

In other news, I have strong town reads for Epi, Wilgy and Elohcin. I'll elaborate on that later.
He did somewhat elaborate later on the suspicion of SVS, but that's not really what I'm pointing out. What gets me is why he would choose to point out three names and give them "strong town reads" on Day 1, claiming to explain later. Why do this? Buddying? Trying to appear like he's contributing? And why put a target on them? Going back, there isn't really a big reason to pick these three out of the bunch for "strong" town reads. Nah. This is weird. I know it's nitpicky, but it does kind of go with my desire to pick someone quiet(ish), yet subtle, for Day 1, instead of someone who stands out. Gonna vote Quin.
Most of it is just he reacting to a few of her suspicions early in the game. I do find it interesting that she already noticed the odd behavior from Scotty on Day 1 and commented on it. I don't have much else to add here.

Now for DFaraday 2.0:
DFaraday wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'm really not sold on the Scotty case, so I'd like to discuss other things. For instance:

What does everyone think of those hack Yin Yangs that killed original me?
Well...they suck...and could be just about anyone (though one theory is sig is one of them due to the D1 results). Did you have anything more specific you wanted to discuss about them or did you just want to draw attention away from Scotty? Cuz if you had any insight into who you & yang could be, I'm sure we'd ALL like to hear it...otherwise, speculation on their identities would be pretty fruitless.
I agree with whoever speculated that they have been fairly active players, and that's why they targeted someone who couldn't be traced back to them. I think it's quite plausible that Sig is one of them, but if so, we can't do anything about him for the time being.
Speculates on sig being a member of the Yin/Yang duo.
DFaraday wrote:I'm going to go ahead and *vote Matt*. I didn't like his post which simultaneously said he knew what was going on, but also didn't. Also, I'm not so sure there's not a connection between Matt being arrested and there being no kill on Night 1.
Here is his Day 3 vote for Matt.

And...that's pretty much it. Bits and pieces here and there but not enough to make me jump on one side of the fence or the other.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Just thought of something else. It could be that the baddie has to get someone else to do something/say something.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

And now for the infamous Doctor. Or Fake Doctor. :P
DrWilgy wrote:Dom is bad.

He's poking at Lorabbit's twirlibirdimarks after I already inqured about them. While not being directly opportunistic, he's looking for reasons to vote.
DrWilgy wrote:
Dom wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Dom is bad.

He's poking at Lorabbit's twirlibirdimarks after I already inqured about them. While not being directly opportunistic, he's looking for reasons to vote.
Don't be a ninny.
I have reasons for asking LoRab questions. I'm not looking to vote for her.
And those are? I find this especially odd since I had already asked.
DrWilgy wrote:
Scotty wrote:Good news! I'm not bad! :phew:

I also want to state that Wilgy is DEFINITELY not a doctor. That is all.
Dont be a lying Doctorpants like Wilgy
Lies!

Lol, actually yes Dom. They were the same. Just because LoRab quoted you instead of me doesn't change the intent of your post. What was it without saying "Don't be dat boi (oh shit, waddup) who's barling at nothing?"
That's the major body of his Day 1 stuff with Dom. And I think it's where his Dom/MM suspicions comes from. Definitely interesting and worth a re-look at.
DrWilgy wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Sig I can't tell if you are feigning ignorance of my suspicion of Dom.

BWT you say I'm here but not... What is causing that feeling? Also there's no need to beat around the bush. I stated that I didn't read day 0 after all.

Can at least 3 others validate my suspicion please?
I meant here but not here in that I feel like you've posted some, but don't have much substance. I am hoping to see that change.
Odd... At some point my screen jumped. I missed it and mixed Sig's post with BWT's post in my head.

Allow me to fix this in the above. BWT I have seen nothing to associate you with Dom or my suspicions.

This question is still relevant regardless, If I'm focused and nothing catches my eye why would I make a point of it?

@Eloh what do you think of Sig's interactions with me? What about his over use of emoji's?
I remember this bit. When I thought Wilgy hadn't been active enough for me to remember. In hindsight, I....honestly still feel the same about that. He had poked around with Dom but not much else.

Most of the rest of Day 1 is him taking potshots at Dom and varying degrees of him being bad/and or wanting to lynch Dom. He did throw DF and Sig in there, and also jumped on board with Matt possibly being bad:
DrWilgy wrote:Actually... This is conflicting. I don't want Sig to die day 1 again regardless of alignment. Sig's been murked early like 3 times in a row. Sig. I think you are bad but want to at least give you day two. Let's vote Dom together.
DrWilgy wrote:Let's see... Baddie team is DF, Dom, Sig.

Matt is a possibility. Matt do you like popcorn?
Here is the initial reluctance of Scotty being bad:
DrWilgy wrote:The voice in my head tells me Marmot friend is bad. GET HIM!!!
He's still on the Dom/MM train here.
DrWilgy wrote:Ok... So I wasn't here (or paying attention recently) but now have more time to play.

So why did everyone somehow agree that lynching Scotty (again) was a good idea after his first vote was a landslide?
His level of activity definitely changes from here forward:
DrWilgy wrote:Ok... So I wasn't here (or paying attention recently) but now have more time to play.

So why did everyone somehow agree that lynching Scotty (again) was a good idea after his first vote was a landslide?
The rest of his posts are from Day 3 and onward, and there is enough in recent memory for me to not want to go through all of them. If you wish to do it yourself though, be my guest.

But for what it's worth, he was definitely on the quieter side until Day 3 and became very vocal about the lynch train(s) against Scotty.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Shoot. I have to AFK for a bit. When I come back I will start on Elohcin unless someone else jumps in and does some of these.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I have just finished sending items PMs. If your item situation ever changes henceforth, you will be informed, but I unfortunately just don't have the time to continuously update you all with what item(s) you currently have, so if you're ever unsure or you have questions about how items work, please don't hesitate to ask us.

Thanks!

Return to “Previous Side Missions”