Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Night 1)

Post by S~V~S »

Dyslexicon wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Maybe, :shrug:

Our people seem, for the most part, to be playing like usual.
Omg. JJJ made all the Cindy Kate people town! :omg:
It actually fits more with my reads overall which may or may not be a problem.
I think we're trying to look friendly and normal so as not to frighten new people away. Is it working?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

Fredwood wrote:oohhhhh....Cindy Kate

I understand now.
It comes from JJJ. I've been using it ever since he said it. :p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

S~V~S wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Maybe, :shrug:

Our people seem, for the most part, to be playing like usual.
Omg. JJJ made all the Cindy Kate people town! :omg:
It actually fits more with my reads overall which may or may not be a problem.
I think we're trying to look friendly and normal so as not to frighten new people away. Is it working?
I guess time will tell lol. But seriously, this is a very nice community indeed. Which is why I keep playing here and loving it.^^
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272

Post by Fredwood »

I googled it the first time and only got this:

I just assumed it was a reference you usually make that I didn't get.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Biding my time, just waiting to sub into this game.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Fredwood wrote:
I googled it the first time and only got this:

I just assumed it was a reference you usually make that I didn't get.
I see how you got to that conclusion lol. I actually just dyed my hair pink also XD Though more pastel.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dyslexicon wrote:A couple of things:

@Jack - When you say lazy scum hunting and don't like the reason I'm suspecting you, do you mean to say that I don't have a lot of basis for my suspicion? I'm very much a gut read type of player this being especially true D1. If my behavior was opportunitistic that would mean a lack of care. But I considered as carefully as I could, and yes without a lot of hard basis, but it shows that I do care. My vote landed on you cause I concluded you were the best choice. I don't expect you to like it regardless of your alignment. I still don't feel good about you. Do you see my behavior as different from last time we played together? What else do you expect from me as town?

- I second the suspicon on Silver as I think he's been rather forgetful. In the Phenon game he was pretty easy to identify as town and much more in the mix of things (even though that meant tunneling me half of the time lol).

- Lol at people discussing me and my gif usage. <3

I mean to say that, yeah.

A summary:
MP - Bob and GFish are probs town. Some stuff.
Nut - Bob and GFish and slightly Jack are probs town. Some stuff.
Jack - (stupidly ignoring the slightly bit) Nut! That makes no sense to me. Why do you think those three players are all town when so much of GFish and Bob's content is anti Jack and visa versa
SVS - (skimming) Jack, Nut and MP both said Bob and GFish were good and Some stuff. This is inconsistent and I think Jack is bad.
Dizzy - (not skimming) I agree with SVS
Dom - (being Dom) Me too and other Dom things

So I'm excusing SVS cause she seems to be skimming at the time, asked for clarifications later and I like the rest of her content. I'm excusing Dom cause it's Dom. What's your excuse?

When I asked you to clarify, you said you thought my posts were "weird" and disagreed with my evaluation. That's fine in a vacuum but is not what SVS actually said, that my posts were contradictory.

You do feel different than you did in Phenom. More reserved. Not sure what I expect from town or scum you, though. Tone?

I don't think gifs are tone indicative.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Err alignment indicative.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I made the gif comment as a joke, it wasn't a serious accusation. I put as much weight in the lack of gifs as I do in the great Jack buddying conspiracy debate.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Fredwood wrote:I made the gif comment as a joke, it wasn't a serious accusation. I put as much weight in the lack of gifs as I do in the great Jack buddying conspiracy debate.
That's actually the name of my second album.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Err alignment indicative.
There used to be someone who played here, Kate, who retired from Mafia. She could ALWAYS pull me out of a hat when bad. When she finally told me why, it was pretty basic. It was smilies and typos. When I was civ, I just typed and posted to get my thoughts out into the thread. When I was bad, I crafted that post. I proofed it and I put the approporiate smilies in the appropriate places.

She said she did not have to even read what I said, she just saw all the smilies and she knew.

So things like that can be alignment indicative. They aren't always for everyone, or even for most people. but they can be for some people.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom- Dom tends to be a problem for me. As friendship goes, I am probably closer to Dom on many levels than to anyone else on forum, he brings out my Momma Bear big time. I adore him to bits. And I always read him as bad. He often tends to derail me regardless of affiliation. He has this “sweep into the thread ask some rapid fire questions and leave” approach that feels like staccato barking out of questions, so I almost always read him as bad. So as far as I am concerned my opinion about him means zero. When I am playing in a game with Dom I almost never have an opinion about him, so I have to rely on the opinions of others to sort him.

DrWilgy – Dr Wilgy is a fun, quixotic character. I call him a “character” because he always plays in role as the Doctor. He is like me in that he has his own approach to things and this gets him mislynched at times. He has a good gut, but gets subject to paranoia, moreso when he’s civ. He’s someone who just generally *feels* bad or good to me in a way that I just can’t explain. He has a slightly almost mean tone that is utterly un-Wilgy like when he's bad.

Dyslexicon – I have only watched, never played with, Dizzy. Loves those cat gifs~ but I could not say if there are more gifs when Dizzy is town or not. Not seeing many gifs here.

Epignosis – Epi is another one that is playing a role imo; game Epi is much more arrogant, stubborn and aggressive than real Epi by far. It’s a good thing to try to remember when he gets under the skin :nicenod: When Epi is civ I tend to find him more approachable and more like real Epi, although he can be equally arrogant about his reads and super sure of himself regardless of affiliation. When he’s bad, in general, he comes across as more forbidding. If Epi is still alive halfway through the game it means one of two things~ either he is spectacularly off base as a civ OR he’s bad, and there is really no way of telling which is which. His opening post yesterday, about MP’s fucking book, made me feel OK about him.

Jack O”Hearts- I have only played one game with him and he was outed as a baddie Night 1, so I have never actually seen his civ game. I am fairly sure that is still the case :P

Long Con – I have been playing with LC for a looooong time. From my first or second game on Lostpedia back in 2009. There have been long stretches where one of us was not playing, so it has not been continuous. LC has, to my eye, a certain tone when he’s bad, he just *feels* slick, for lack of a better word, when he’s bad. More opportunistic; he has a trickster feel that I find mostly absent when he’s bad. He took a long break last year, as did I, and I feel he changed somewhat over that time. He feels lighter and less intense than he used to feel. But that bit of slickness is still there~ I saw it in Survivor, and I do not see it at all here. But I don’t think I read him as well as I used to do.

MP- I love MP like a brother. And like brothers and sisters, we fight, sometimes quite fiercely. We can, and have, derailed a thread. If this happens we are either civs or teammates. I think we avoid confrontation more when one of us is bad and the other is not. He tends to overanalyze. He can come to brilliant conclusions this way, but he can also box himself into a corner. When he is bad, he still posts his walls of text, but he often jumps to conclusions that are not necessarily supported by the walls o’text. He gets a tiny bit of a bwa ha ha roleplay baddieness, but it’s only a tad. I have not seen it yet, but it is only Day One. It is especially apparent when he gets mad. His hissy fit sounds more sincere when he’s civ, it sounds like false outrage when bad.

nutella – Another one I have been playing with on and off since 2009. Nutellas game has been remarkably consistent since that time. She tends to put her thought process in the thread, and sees both sides of a story. That’s a good thing, but people tend to read it as bad, for some reason people often tend to see the ability to see both sides of a story and not jump to conclusions as "waffling" or some such thing. I can tend to do the same thing, so I am familiar with it. She gets mislynched a lot for it. She also comes across as shifty at times, and will change her mind rapidly on votes if someone makes a point she likes, and that often comes across as opportunistic to people. She is an easy lynch for baddies, especially in games like this where she does not know many of the players, not unlike Llama. She has a super quick mind and can be very insightful and she often catches small things others miss. To be honest, I can never tell whether she is bad or not most of the time, other than through her opinions. We tend to agree on others more often than not when we’re civ, so when we don’t I want to know why.

sprityo – my main experience with sprit is the one day we had as civvies together in the GOC, when he was also hosting a very busy game at the same time. In that one day, he had the insight to protect the right person, the person targeted for a kill (me) and subsequently he got a kill. His gut was 100% spot on with his original choice for the kill, Bea, a baddie who had pretty much pulled the wool over everyone elses eyes hard, but he listened to the suggestion of a wild marmot and NKed a low poster instead. The guy had mad good instincts in my short experience with him. I have no basis of comparison to discuss his bad game.

thellama73 – I left Llama in even though he is gone. Llama is the one person I am pretty much unable to read. He is NEVER sincere early in games. He is always playful and irreverent and rather indifferent to the fate of the people he targets for a vote for ludicrous reasons. This is not affiliation indicative. Because I can never read his tone for sincerity, I pay extreme attention to Llama in games on day one, more than I pay to anyone else really. He is ever so slightly more serious when he is bad, and he is more deprecating when bad as well. He worries about how he looks, which he absolutely never does when civ. When he’s civ, and getting lynched, he gets a semi hysterical tone to his defense, a more pissy tone when he’s bad. It’s a vague difference. He is very astute, and thinks nothing like I do, but we somehow often come to similar conclusions when he finally starts playing the game and stops frolicking.
This is my meta reads list on Syndicate people ^^

I will try to do a HCR list later, but I will have to do ISOs for that, but I need to do them anyhow.

Thanks SVS :p you could say I follow my gut a lot because I'm mad at doing meta reads.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Bad*

I'm bad*

God my phone never ceases to provide me wit wrong context
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

sprityo wrote:Bad*

I'm bad*

God my phone never ceases to provide me wit wrong context
Good thing for you Llama isn't here, he would crucify you for this post, lol.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

S~V~S wrote:
There used to be someone who played here, Kate, who retired from Mafia. She could ALWAYS pull me out of a hat when bad. When she finally told me why, it was pretty basic. It was smilies and typos. When I was civ, I just typed and posted to get my thoughts out into the thread. When I was bad, I crafted that post. I proofed it and I put the approporiate smilies in the appropriate places.

She said she did not have to even read what I said, she just saw all the smilies and she knew.

So things like that can be alignment indicative. They aren't always for everyone, or even for most people. but they can be for some people.
True.

I should say I expect gifs from Dizzy are not alignment indicative. I've never played with scum Dizzy, though, so take that with a grain of salt.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

S~V~S wrote:

Yeah, but contextual tells are a lot different then a giant gif. I expect if it was anything that was alignment indicative it would be compensated for.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It wasn't contextual, it was the existence of the smilies. She didn't have to read what I wrote. Just see the smilies.

Again, this is not true of everyone, but it is true of (and possible for) some. What I find most note worthy about this discussion is that you seem really invested in dismissing this as a topic of conversation, not unlike how Silver wanted to shut down discussion of his possible tells, to the point of calling my post "garbage".

The things that people don't want to talk about intrigue me more than the things they do want to talk about, you know?
CaptainNifty
Posts in topic: 86

Post by CaptainNifty »

S~V~S wrote:It wasn't contextual, it was the existence of the smilies. She didn't have to read what I wrote. Just see the smilies.

Again, this is not true of everyone, but it is true of (and possible for) some. What I find most note worthy about this discussion is that you seem really invested in dismissing this as a topic of conversation, not unlike how Silver wanted to shut down discussion of his possible tells, to the point of calling my post "garbage".

The things that people don't want to talk about intrigue me more than the things they do want to talk about, you know?
I really like this post.

It goes to what I posted at Dr. Willy. Info is info, and almost always town should want it shared.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 137

Post by DrWilgy »

Fredwood wrote:Congrats on surviving Day 1 Wilgy
Well that's ominous.

You gotta have more thoughts on me than just that.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

DrWilgy wrote:
Fredwood wrote:Congrats on surviving Day 1 Wilgy
Well that's ominous.

You gotta have more thoughts on me than just that.
Not really I have no context for a read. And I haven't iso'd anyone at this point. its general thoughts from catching up.
DrWilgy

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

Post by DrWilgy »

CaptainNifty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Dizzy beat me to it.

Gfunk, all this does is set up Wifom for baddies and give uneeded info to mafia teams.

If you'd like to trigger discussion via this method, this is not the way to do so.

We hunt baddies, not civilians. My civ reads are mine to have but not to paint targets.
I know a lot people have you on their townie list, but to me this is the scummiest statement of the whole thread.

Mafia has the most info. Town has the least. Collecting and disseminating information is the whole job of the town. There is very little information that can be revealed to the town that will help scum more than civilians. I used to think the way you do, and the two best players I know disabused me of this. I'm now extra watchful about people trying to stifle info gathering. I'm not saying that a cop or watcher or doctor should out themselves. That paints targets, but trying to feel out who is town and who is scum is the whole damn point. Even if the info gathering is clumsy; even if it's completely meta (as it's likely to be day 1); even if it let's the mafia pick up on some small bit of info they didn't know; the town still has a greater net benefit.
Why do you think I'm trying to stifle information gathering? Has anything I've done prompted that I was against finding out info? Reading the quote I specifically stated "If you'd like to trigger discussion via this method, this is not the way to do so."

What team truely gains more the team that uses gathered info. I have no fault with gfish asking these questions to gain information. I have fault with gfish asking these questions and then doing nothing with gathered information.

Had there been no wavering in the gathering of info (revealing it's purpose and giving up on recording it) then I wouldn't have been opposed to this as much as I am.

If info isn't used upfront and within the thread, where am I to assume it is being used? BTSC?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

One thing about giving top Civ reads... anyone can be wrong, and with two Mafia teams, it could end up getting one team to kill the other. With one Mafia team, top Civ reads is substantially more dangerous. Like a target list. Just a thought I had. :shrug: I have thoughts here and there.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:One thing about giving top Civ reads... anyone can be wrong, and with two Mafia teams, it could end up getting one team to kill the other. With one Mafia team, top Civ reads is substantially more dangerous. Like a target list. Just a thought I had. :shrug: I have thoughts here and there.
Which is a fair thought. Generally I was giving the players that declared civ reads w/o the push of another to more likely be a civ. Asking everyone to do so kinda killed that. Womp womp.

This is with the exception of MP, due to PoE being a common meme he uses.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hey SVS, generally I think you and I read e/o well (unless I'm in a bad place irl that affects my mood here lol). What do you think of me right now? What do you think regarding my suspicions?

Something that isn't sitting right in my stomach is that I have a civ read on LC. Idk why I do, but I do. Oh well.
Image Image Image
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 131

Post by gfishfunk »

I did not realize the thread would be open during the night phase. I'll catch up.
Sig block: Reserved for future epic fails.

I take things literally. See if you can find an example in my profile!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DrWilgy wrote:
CaptainNifty wrote:

Gfunk, all this does is set up Wifom for baddies and give uneeded info to mafia teams.

If you'd like to trigger discussion via this method, this is not the way to do so.

We hunt baddies, not civilians. My civ reads are mine to have but not to paint targets.
I know a lot people have you on their townie list, but to me this is the scummiest statement of the whole thread.

Mafia has the most info. Town has the least. Collecting and disseminating information is the whole job of the town. There is very little information that can be revealed to the town that will help scum more than civilians. I used to think the way you do, and the two best players I know disabused me of this. I'm now extra watchful about people trying to stifle info gathering. I'm not saying that a cop or watcher or doctor should out themselves. That paints targets, but trying to feel out who is town and who is scum is the whole damn point. Even if the info gathering is clumsy; even if it's completely meta (as it's likely to be day 1); even if it let's the mafia pick up on some small bit of info they didn't know; the town still has a greater net benefit.
Why do you think I'm trying to stifle information gathering? Has anything I've done prompted that I was against finding out info? Reading the quote I specifically stated "If you'd like to trigger discussion via this method, this is not the way to do so."

What team truely gains more the team that uses gathered info. I have no fault with gfish asking these questions to gain information. I have fault with gfish asking these questions and then doing nothing with gathered information.

Had there been no wavering in the gathering of info (revealing it's purpose and giving up on recording it) then I wouldn't have been opposed to this as much as I am.

If info isn't used upfront and within the thread, where am I to assume it is being used? BTSC?
You never played at our old sites; giving civ reads was ultra toboo there, so your position here was the norm. Just saying you thought someone was a civ was enough to garner you some suspicion for target painting. So yeah, I get you. That is one of the main reasons I utterly hated GTH reads and rainbow lists when I first saw them. But now, it gets you suspicion if you won't do GTH.

So times change, but I do get your concern.

linki, spooky, I was just posting to/about you. I have not sorted you yet, but I would not suspect you for not liking people to name civ reads. I am generally kinda leery of even discussing you much unless I suspect you since you tend to think I'm buddying you, so I try to give you your space. But so far, so good. I feel no deep seated need to wave a pitchfork at you at this time.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Epi: I tend to do the same meta-response. Interesting term: recency bias. I'm very guilty of this phases 1 & 2 in games.
colonialbob wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
colonialbob wrote:Gfish, why llama?
Just gut right now, which I already established was bad.
Why llama instead of Jack?
I thought Jack contributed more. Also, I didn't want to cement Jack as the lynch. I probably overthought it some.

I made them a tie and gave people a decision between two potential lynches- and then jack switched over, which I should have seen coming a mile away. Anyhow, no one else moved their votes, which I did not expect. From watching the end-game at the inter-realms championship, I thought the last ten minutes would have tons of vote swapping. It didn't happen.
TonyStarkPrime wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:Here is an idea. (I post them as I think of them)

Post ONE player you think is likely town. Very simple. If you say yourself, I vote for you.

mine: colonialbob.
mine: DrWilgy for a Syndicate player, Nifty for a realmser
Cheater: and that is over.
Dom wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:Here is an idea. (I post them as I think of them)

Post ONE player you think is likely town. Very simple. If you say yourself, I vote for you.

mine: colonialbob.
Epignosis
That is interesting. Why?
TonyStarkPrime wrote:I'm going to suggest that others who have played more with him answer this, but Silver as maf tends to play things off more and be a little less direct while maintaining a general offensive persona, where town Silver can and sometimes will verbally assault you for voting for him.
I second this. Silver Town has a gallon jub of gasoline. Silver Scum is reserved (for Silver).

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

CaptainNifty wrote:

I'm split between saying 'preach it brother!' and chalking it down to different mafia styles.

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

S~V~S wrote:
Fredwood wrote:Shit, it's had been 48 hours already? Sucks I missed EoD. Sorry for those people who wanted a vote from my I was unlikely to vote for anyone on Day 1.

As to initial reactions to day 1 and in general.

I really don't have a lot of experience in Double mafia games, usually our games aren't big enough to support multiple mafias, and the few that I've been in I believe I've been mafia, so I have no experience with generating reads. Those with experience how does this affect your reads? Are you just more suspicious of everyone because you don't have the benefit of being able to rely on successful scum hunters as town reads?

MP...damn, I have very little experience with you and perhaps this was a result of you being dropped into the middle of a massive game, but you're putting down JJJ level of content. I like that you're adamant about the meta posts being useless right now. I tend to agree to a point. I try my best to change my style of play constantly with my only real "trait" I think being that I don't like lynching a townie as a townie that I'm very stingy with my vote, and that when I'm scum I feel I have to keep that charade up. I just assume most others have a similar MO.

llama voters:

Gfish, I like his posts. He's aggressive but not defensive, (while we're getting into a meta territory) I usually feel more comfortable with an aggressive Gfish then a defensive Gfish, so this continues. The llama vote would concern me more if they had a history of playing together.

Jack: The vote doesn't mean much he didn't want to die, makes sense. His play was rather strange, I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt because of his post EOD explanation. But he's definitely no where near green on my list.

Adam: Again vote doesn't mean much of anything to me. I like to think Adam and I are similar players, he adjusts his playstyle a lot, can be difficult to read, and to this day is the only player who ever fooled me in an end-game sequence.

LC: Maybe his vote was retaliatory and there looked to be a bit of grudgeplay histrionics involved. I have experience with LC as scum, and nothing he's done really has me greening him. The mayhem is very much in line with what I experienced with him as a scumpartner.

Others:

Silver relying on everyone's meta to be meta. Which is also meta for SIlver

Bob, don't know what to make about Bob. Some of his early play felt a bit too cloyingly innocent and naive. Felt like I was watching a Disney movie. That changed some as he went along and posted more. First impression I got was his early scum games on the realms, he acted similarly. I don't trust his puppy dog eyes is all.

Dizzy, floating through the thread like a adhd butterfly whose wings sprinkle a dusting of cocaine in her wake. So Town??? Wait, not enough gifs, scum.

Congrats on surviving Day 1 Wilgy

Nutella had the best town instincts I've ever witnessed in our last game together. Maybe this is carrying over, but if she has issues with Epi, I'm willing to give her some previous experience currency on her read. Cozying appearances be damned.

Everyone else didn't either ping me one way or another or didn't have enough posts to move the needle strongly.

So
None

Gfish
Diz
nutella

Adam
Wilgy
Silver

Bob - just cus I don't want to put him in yellow group

Jack
Long Con
Epi

Coloring is fun, especially if you don't stay within the lines.
@fred, I think the meta talk was helpful in this context. Half of us don't know the other half, so knowing what one group thinks of its own members helps us sort everyone out and it was a good conversation starter.
Feel free to thank randomly in the air, but I was the one that insisted that everyone do it. If that isn't hella town then I don't know what is.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

gfishfunk wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote:I'm going to suggest that others who have played more with him answer this, but Silver as maf tends to play things off more and be a little less direct while maintaining a general offensive persona, where town Silver can and sometimes will verbally assault you for voting for him.
I second this. Silver Town has a gallon jub of gasoline. Silver Scum is reserved (for Silver).
Where does Silver who told me my post is garbage come in on the spectrum?

He has very much felt to me like a person who wishes to squash discussion.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

S~V~S wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
Where does Silver who told me my post is garbage come in on the spectrum?

He has very much felt to me like a person who wishes to squash discussion.
That is very, very mild Silver Lantern. I mean, he is not an unhinged psychopath but there is a reason I called him a bull on fire in a flamable china shop. The fact that he is being more subdued makes me edgy.

@ DrWigly: I did plenty with the info. I didn't like Llamas absolute refusal without discussion, whereas I liked your refusal without discussion.

Bad town picks realizing that this is just my thought process: thellama73 (Don't tell me what to do), CaptainNifty (MovingPictures07), Jackofhearts2005 (MovingPictures07), and Adam (colonialbo). The commonality is that they all mentioned someone that had already been mentioned. (Yes, Adam, I was spamming so that the prior results were always close by). I hardly care who they picked, but I do care that they picked someone that already was posted. I give you a 90% chance one of these people is mafia.

The post made it look like llama was painting me bad without actually providing any reason for non-participation. llama's pick was bad (imo) because llama didn't state anything except an offhanded denial.

Good town picks: Dyslexicon (Nutella), DrWilgy (No no, nopey nopey no, no no). Dyslexicon threw out a person that no one else zeroed in on and gave a read. That's town behavior. DrWilgy fought against the game and provided discussion. I view that as town behavior as well.

My reasoning might be wrong, I might be way off in my thinking, but I did use the information and consider it.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

gfishfunk wrote:Feel free to thank randomly in the air, but I was the one that insisted that everyone do it. If that isn't hella town then I don't know what is.
Cool. Can I use that trick next time I'm bad then?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

gfishfunk wrote:Bad town picks realizing that this is just my thought process: thellama73 (Don't tell me what to do), CaptainNifty (MovingPictures07), Jackofhearts2005 (MovingPictures07), and Adam (colonialbo). The commonality is that they all mentioned someone that had already been mentioned. (Yes, Adam, I was spamming so that the prior results were always close by). I hardly care who they picked, but I do care that they picked someone that already was posted. I give you a 90% chance one of these people is mafia.
I bet it's Llama. I'm totally voting for Llama tomorrow.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Long Con wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:Feel free to thank randomly in the air, but I was the one that insisted that everyone do it. If that isn't hella town then I don't know what is.
Cool. Can I use that trick next time I'm bad then?
Feel free!

... wait.

... Ok, yeah. I see what you did there.

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Long Con wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:Bad town picks realizing that this is just my thought process: thellama73 (Don't tell me what to do), CaptainNifty (MovingPictures07), Jackofhearts2005 (MovingPictures07), and Adam (colonialbo). The commonality is that they all mentioned someone that had already been mentioned. (Yes, Adam, I was spamming so that the prior results were always close by). I hardly care who they picked, but I do care that they picked someone that already was posted. I give you a 90% chance one of these people is mafia.
I meant between Nifty, JoH, and Adam. I discussed llama separately after that in the section you cut.

When I switched my vote, long Con, myself, and llama all had two votes.

I need to expect less end game movement from everyone.

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

gfishfunk wrote: I need to expect less end game movement from everyone.

End phase movent. But end game. Whatever.

Having an open thread during the night phase is weird.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

gfishfunk wrote:
Long Con wrote:
I meant between Nifty, JoH, and Adam. I discussed llama separately after that in the section you cut.
True, but that section didn't exclude Llama from the previous grouping. :grin:
gfishfunk wrote:Having an open thread during the night phase is weird.
Do you like or dislike it?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

guys look, LC made my avatar a gif, :0
Banners:
ImageImageImage
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Long Con wrote: Do you like or dislike it?
Slight dislike. I generally take the night phase to recuperate, maintain personal relationships, and convince my wife to stay with me.

Having the game open all the time is actually a little stressful.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

gfishfunk wrote:
Long Con wrote: Do you like or dislike it?
Slight dislike. I generally take the night phase to recuperate, maintain personal relationships, and convince my wife to stay with me.

Having the game open all the time is actually a little stressful.
Yes, I see. I did enjoy having the Night Phase off during Phenon. It is especially helpful when in multiple games.

I won't fault anyone for being quiet at night.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Dry Flood »

Night 1 has ended.
colonialbob
has been killed.
He was:

EDI

You and Joker have forged a unique relationship in the cockpit of the Normandy. The ship and its crew rely heavily upon the both of you to handle its operation and navigation. You work much better together than you do separately. If either of you dies, the other will be stripped of any special abilities and become vanilla. If you are in the game, Joker is guaranteed to be in the game as well.

Twice during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player. That player will be protected from non-lethal hostile or disruptive actions, such as but not limited to role blocks and misdirection.
It is Day 2. You have 48 hours to decide the next lynch. malakim will provide more delicious flavor soon.
Golden
Marmot
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 2)

Post by Long Con »

Damn, so
Jeff “Joker” Moreau
You and EDI have forged a unique relationship in the cockpit of the Normandy. The ship and its crew rely heavily upon the both of you to handle its operation and navigation. You work much better together than you do separately. If either of you dies, the other will be stripped of any special abilities and become vanilla. If you are in the game, EDI is guaranteed to be in the game as well.

Twice during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player A and a Player B. Actions performed by Player A will be targeted to Player B, and actions performed by Player B will be targeted to Player A. They must be two different players.
...loses his power and becomes vanilla as well. Lame.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Wow, losing a protector role, that sucks. Bye Bob.

I wonder if it was his posts, or if it was some people coming in with civ reads on him right out of the gate, or someone who wants to use that for a frame?

Time for a Bob reread.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

So Saren is in the game, I'm vanilla now.

Kinda sucks, not as much as EDI dying (sniff)
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Long Con wrote:Damn, so
Jeff “Joker” Moreau
You and EDI have forged a unique relationship in the cockpit of the Normandy. The ship and its crew rely heavily upon the both of you to handle its operation and navigation. You work much better together than you do separately. If either of you dies, the other will be stripped of any special abilities and become vanilla. If you are in the game, EDI is guaranteed to be in the game as well.

Twice during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player A and a Player B. Actions performed by Player A will be targeted to Player B, and actions performed by Player B will be targeted to Player A. They must be two different players.
...loses his power and becomes vanilla as well. Lame.

Oh well, I guess that makes more sense lol.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Damnit I though I had some helpful information to add, guess not. Of to a great start, lynch our doctor and lose our bodyguard.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Fredwood wrote:So Saren is in the game, I'm vanilla now.

That a claim?

Also, what do you synidcatians do? We usually discuss the write-up for a bit (there isn't any), and pressure each other based on our night actions.

I'll be jumping in and out tonight but on a lot more tomorrow night.

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Essentially, since I went and outed it then later I realized what really happened. Either way I'm vanilla now, so it's not as if it matters much.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

No writeup, Mal?

Sorry to see you go, Bob.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

gfishfunk wrote:
Fredwood wrote:So Saren is in the game, I'm vanilla now.

That a claim?

Also, what do you synidcatians do? We usually discuss the write-up for a bit (there isn't any), and pressure each other based on our night actions.

I'll be jumping in and out tonight but on a lot more tomorrow night.
Well, we often discuss who might have benefitted from his death. Reread his posts, figure out WHY he was the one killed. Taking a closer look at his suspects. Although that isn't always helpful if the killer killed for random reasons, or maybe kills people that never mentioned any members of the team.

But it's a starting point. After I catch up to my other game, I plan to reread Bob as a start.

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”