DFS Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is Big and Sexy and Failing Tonight?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm

abyssum
No votes
ColinIsCool
6%
DharmaHelper
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Kylemii
No votes
Lunalee
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Marmot
No votes
M Plus 7
No votes
Russtifinko
No votes
sprityo
59%
Tsaiah
No votes
Turnip Head
6%
Big Sexy (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
29%

Total votes: 17
abyssum
The Mark
Posts in topic: 264

Re: DFS Mafia [Day 0]

Post by abyssum »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:50 pm
abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:53 am i am sort of surprised anyone thinks i look good at all

even if it's a "too careful" read lmao
I think you look good!
flirting will not get you town points MP7
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

i like the idea/enthusiasm behind a D0 ISO, but i don't think they're ever going to be of value in the sense that ISOing somebody at this point will dredge up important information

i do think that they have value, it's just not of the "this definitely means something in isolation" sort
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 615
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:06 pmsure.

Q: the idea behind pointing out the challenge post from DH to MP7 was just to rule out them being mafia together, right? that's what i'm getting out of it
If I'm being honest, the truest purpose for that point existing within the larger review is to serve as the decoy, the clearly weakest and least compelling point I'd made -- bad guys have a tendency to extract the decoy and argue that point instead of the meatier bits. And I think that may have happened given DH's most immediate responses.. :grin:
abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:06 pmQ again: i don't really see how DH's "i haven't read anything" post is an AtE attempt. who is he trying to appeal to here, exactly? you're saying "in this community," but if if it doesn't apply to somebody who is actually currently in the game, i won't put much/any stock into it.
I think it's important to frame this notion a very specific way.

It shouldn't be this question: "Does anyone else in this game mind high posting rates as much as DharmaHelper?"

Instead, it should be this question: "Does DharmaHelper believe that anyone else in this game might sympathize with general frustration over the high posting rates?"

In reference to the second question, I do think some names on the player list are applicable as those who DH might appeal to. Marmot, Russtifinko, and Kylemii stand out immediately. Even people like MacDougall, M Plus 7, or myself could be had, theoretically, by an appeal of a player who is struggling to keep up with the game because of us. The newcomers wouldn't apply here. I don't think DH specifically looked at the list and picked out names with some deliberate strategy, but I do think it's a general mindset which is functional enough in this game.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:11 pm i like the idea/enthusiasm behind a D0 ISO, but i don't think they're ever going to be of value in the sense that ISOing somebody at this point will dredge up important information

i do think that they have value, it's just not of the "this definitely means something in isolation" sort
I will say that my work on DH there is intended to serve a greater purpose than just "this is why I suspect DH". I won't expand further though, at least not now.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:20 pm
abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:11 pm i like the idea/enthusiasm behind a D0 ISO, but i don't think they're ever going to be of value in the sense that ISOing somebody at this point will dredge up important information

I will say that my work on DH there is intended to serve a greater purpose than just "this is why I suspect DH". I won't expand further though, at least not now.
:wheresthethumbsupemoji:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DharmaHelper »

v. mysterious
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

im shrouded in mistary

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:49 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:23 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:20 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 pm Luna is bad, anyone wanna fight me?
Hi Turnip Head, what makes you say that?
Idk k ask me later
I will. I'm trying to decide if you're town, and attempting to scum-hunt, or if you're mafia and trying to stir up interest on an easy townie lynch. The "Idk k ask me later" answer makes me think it's the latter.

linki MP of course :p
Why would you consider yourself an "easy" townie lynch?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm shrouded in fifteen different one-line MP posts that are barely on topic and serve only to pad his post count and make him look participatory.

ImageImage
ImageImage
abyssum
The Mark

Post by abyssum »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:32 pm I'm shrouded in fifteen different one-line MP posts that are barely on topic and serve only to pad his post count and make him look participatory.
ye olde parasol
Tsaiah
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Tsaiah »

coffeeeeeeeee :D

New stuff first:
abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:25 pm
Tsaiah wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:02 pm Good morning!

I read the thread in piecemeal fashion as i could at work last night, thru whenever it was i got home and immediately crashed. Leftover thoughts that stuck with me overnight from initial impressions:

- i will bite my own legs off and eat them if JaggedJimmyJay is not town.

^
I think this might be my GH this game. @ abyssum, your thoughts?

- M Plus 7 continues to be town. Fite me. :charlieblackmon:

- alien's entrance (and choice of first suspicion! :p ) struck me as towny, and smacks of his qualifier play much more than his wc game

- Aby is townier the more they post, thus far /kicks them further away from the fence

- I think i'm gonna like Lunalee as a person for sure :D , dunno what that means in respect to their alignment yet

Time to pee xD and get coffee, then read back thru and talk about specifics!
i totally gave my opinion about jay earlier, you copycat

what are you wanting my thoughts on exactly?
I DID IT FIRST (...i think? xD)

Idk, was hoping you had things to say there, like about me/Jay/how that thought compares (or doesn't) to your experiences in your champs games (since you'\re the only one who knows what the hell i'm talking about)/whatever you came up with that let me into your head more

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:33 pm i have a read on tsaiah

she's enjoying the new smilies too much
THIS IS GREAT I CAN xD IN MULTIPLE WAYS

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:34 pm also Tsaiah i'm going to need you to explain how my posting got townier
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:53 pm

I read the thread in piecemeal fashion as i could at work last night, thru whenever it was i got home and immediately crashed. Leftover thoughts that stuck with me overnight from initial impressions:

^
I think this might be my GH this game. abyssum, your thoughts?

- alien's entrance (and choice of first suspicion! :p ) struck me as towny, and smacks of his qualifier play much more than his wc game

- Aby is townier the more they post, thus far /kicks them further away from the fence

- I think i'm gonna like Lunalee as a person for sure :D , dunno what that means in respect to their alignment yet

Yeah I’m going to need those specific young lady. @Tsaiah

I need the specifics!
Both of you can hold your damn horses, i'll be getting there soon enough jeez (tho i like that, especially the immediate prod from aby there)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Part 1 of my incredible plan to catch all of the mafia by the end of Day 1: ISO Everyone individually instead of catching up wholesale.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Lunalee »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:32 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:49 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:23 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:20 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 pm Luna is bad, anyone wanna fight me?
Hi Turnip Head, what makes you say that?
Idk k ask me later
I will. I'm trying to decide if you're town, and attempting to scum-hunt, or if you're mafia and trying to stir up interest on an easy townie lynch. The "Idk k ask me later" answer makes me think it's the latter.

linki MP of course :p
Why would you consider yourself an "easy" townie lynch?
Because it usually seems that way. My posts sometimes come across as scummy.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Just to be clear I only find MP suspicious if everyone else agrees with me. If even one person including MP doesn't think he should be lynched then I won't vote for him and have in fact never found him suspicious.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:23 pm

:wheresthethumbsupemoji:
I don't know but we should have one. I mean we have so many weird ones
:bored: :burger: :hed: :fishslap:
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
RobotNerd277
Posts in topic: 35

Post by RobotNerd277 »

Whoops I kinda derped and MP reminded me of the existence of this game a few days ago but I still dropped the ball on checking when it would actually start but I'm here now.

Anyways, hi, checking in, gonna read the thread now.
Tsaiah
Stool Pigeon

Post by Tsaiah »

No idea where i left off from before at this point, so i'm just gonna back up to last page i see my own avatar on and go from there xD (so like page 4, for context)

Immediately see a mac post and think i don't know what to do with him still, and probably gonna have to iso him after catchup bc i feel like it's gonna be important to know what to do with him sooner than later
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:53 pm Whoops I kinda derped and MP reminded me of the existence of this game a few days ago but I still dropped the ball on checking when it would actually start but I'm here now.

Welcome RobotNerd! Pleasure to meet you. Good luck with catching up. For the highlights see DharmaHelper's posts :D
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:03 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:53 pm Whoops I kinda derped and MP reminded me of the existence of this game a few days ago but I still dropped the ball on checking when it would actually start but I'm here now.

Welcome RobotNerd! Pleasure to meet you. Good luck with catching up. For the highlights see DharmaHelper's posts :D
:noble:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1094
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:06 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:50 pm
abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:53 am i am sort of surprised anyone thinks i look good at all

even if it's a "too careful" read lmao
I think you look good!
flirting will not get you town points MP7
DAMMIT MY EVIL PLAN FOILED
Tsaiah
Stool Pigeon

Post by Tsaiah »

Okay, i backed up further than i needed to but that's fine, i'm probably gonna be on all day anyway xD

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:52 am
Tsaiah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 am Some early thoughts

M Plus 7 - i can feel the wind from his tail wagging so hard the way over here, eee. While i think he'd be excitable as scum, too, i think the direction that's gone in this particular game is just oozing with how happy he is to get to be playing for the first time with certain people, and in that, the emphasis is clearly on him being excited that those certain people could actually be town like he clearly wants them to be. Serious read, and unexpected--i thought i was gonna be terrified in a but oh god what if he's scum sorta way coming in, but damn if i don't feel like he's probably just town already, AND i'm comfortable with the feeling

JaggedJimmyJay - came in equally comfortable with joking around and with getting down to brass tacks solving (and doing both concurrently), not a bit of it feels forced, i feel like he's seeking out potential paths to sniff his way down without it feeling like he's reaching for minutiae

Kylemii - i do like the way he engaged me, i would've liked it better if he'd actually told me something about himself in his reply (tho i laughed), i'm most interested right now in seeing what he does or doesn't do with the replies he recieves there
Yay, you are town, aren't you? :yay:
Sockface, can you tell me what about these takes prompted that response?
[mention]M Plus 7[/mention]
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:18 pm
abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:06 pmsure.

Q: the idea behind pointing out the challenge post from DH to MP7 was just to rule out them being mafia together, right? that's what i'm getting out of it
If I'm being honest, the truest purpose for that point existing within the larger review is to serve as the decoy, the clearly weakest and least compelling point I'd made -- bad guys have a tendency to extract the decoy and argue that point instead of the meatier bits. And I think that may have happened given DH's most immediate responses.. :grin:
abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:06 pmQ again: i don't really see how DH's "i haven't read anything" post is an AtE attempt. who is he trying to appeal to here, exactly? you're saying "in this community," but if if it doesn't apply to somebody who is actually currently in the game, i won't put much/any stock into it.
I think it's important to frame this notion a very specific way.

It shouldn't be this question: "Does anyone else in this game mind high posting rates as much as DharmaHelper?"

Instead, it should be this question: "Does DharmaHelper believe that anyone else in this game might sympathize with general frustration over the high posting rates?"

In reference to the second question, I do think some names on the player list are applicable as those who DH might appeal to. Marmot, Russtifinko, and Kylemii stand out immediately. Even people like MacDougall, M Plus 7, or myself could be had, theoretically, by an appeal of a player who is struggling to keep up with the game because of us. The newcomers wouldn't apply here. I don't think DH specifically looked at the list and picked out names with some deliberate strategy, but I do think it's a general mindset which is functional enough in this game.
I will admit my first instinct to DH’s post when he said that was to feel bad, hence the sigh.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:32 pm I'm shrouded in fifteen different one-line MP posts that are barely on topic and serve only to pad his post count and make him look participatory.
Stop shading meeee
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Seriously DH I don’t “need” fluffy posts to make me seem participatory lol

I can solve a fucking game you better believe it son
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:40 pm Part 1 of my incredible plan to catch all of the mafia by the end of Day 1: ISO Everyone individually instead of catching up wholesale.
I wholeheartedly support this endeavor good sir. :llama:
Tsaiah
Stool Pigeon

Post by Tsaiah »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:13 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:12 am Lol, what timing.

What makes you assess his poo flinging so far as fake? As you and I both know, it's in character as either alignment. What should I be looking for re: Mac this early? Give me all of your thoughts, Jay.
Poo flinging is great. We should all do it. It should also bear some kind of capacity for response, or at least be traceable to some tangible inspiration. Mac's poo is randomized. I have no idea why those posts he highlighted suggested the alignments he tacked onto them.
Sorry Jay I was unaware that you had evolved your requirements of my basic day 1 101 gameplay to introduce this new attribute that now gives you justification to make meta reads that you never have before. Allow me to update my core programming to give no fucks.
[mention]MacDougall[/mention]
What, to your mind, does the part you bolded have to do with meta reads?

I read that part as "any flung poo should be of the kind that elicits actual responses/discussion, or at least give people an idea of where said poo flinger is coming from"
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Tsaiah wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:39 pm coffeeeeeeeee :D

New stuff first:
abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:25 pm

^
I think this might be my GH this game. @ abyssum, your thoughts?

i totally gave my opinion about jay earlier, you copycat

what are you wanting my thoughts on exactly?
I DID IT FIRST (...i think? xD)

Idk, was hoping you had things to say there, like about me/Jay/how that thought compares (or doesn't) to your experiences in your champs games (since you'\re the only one who knows what the hell i'm talking about)/whatever you came up with that let me into your head more

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:33 pm i have a read on tsaiah

she's enjoying the new smilies too much
THIS IS GREAT I CAN xD IN MULTIPLE WAYS

abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:34 pm also Tsaiah i'm going to need you to explain how my posting got townier
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:53 pm

^
I think this might be my GH this game. abyssum, your thoughts?

Yeah I’m going to need those specific young lady. @Tsaiah

I need the specifics!
Both of you can hold your damn horses, i'll be getting there soon enough jeez (tho i like that, especially the immediate prod from aby there)
:grin:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If I'm being honest, the truest purpose for that point existing within the larger review is to serve as the decoy, the clearly weakest and least compelling point I'd made -- bad guys have a tendency to extract the decoy and argue that point instead of the meatier bits. And I think that may have happened given DH's most immediate responses.
"I made a shitty point so you could point out how shitty it was" Kinky.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:49 pm Just to be clear I only find MP suspicious if everyone else agrees with me. If even one person including MP doesn't think he should be lynched then I won't vote for him and have in fact never found him suspicious.
This pretty much summarizes our entire history of playing together. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ROBOT! :yay:

Robot is here. :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Tsaiah wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:01 pm No idea where i left off from before at this point, so i'm just gonna back up to last page i see my own avatar on and go from there xD (so like page 4, for context)

Immediately see a mac post and think i don't know what to do with him still, and probably gonna have to iso him after catchup bc i feel like it's gonna be important to know what to do with him sooner than later
I am convinced that Mac is one of the most difficult players to read in existence. Best of luck to you.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That said, I really feel like Mac's posts were town last night. They oozed authenticity. Jay, what did you think?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Ouch. :sigh:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Tsaiah wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:11 pm Okay, i backed up further than i needed to but that's fine, i'm probably gonna be on all day anyway xD

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:52 am
Tsaiah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 am Some early thoughts

M Plus 7 - i can feel the wind from his tail wagging so hard the way over here, eee. While i think he'd be excitable as scum, too, i think the direction that's gone in this particular game is just oozing with how happy he is to get to be playing for the first time with certain people, and in that, the emphasis is clearly on him being excited that those certain people could actually be town like he clearly wants them to be. Serious read, and unexpected--i thought i was gonna be terrified in a but oh god what if he's scum sorta way coming in, but damn if i don't feel like he's probably just town already, AND i'm comfortable with the feeling

JaggedJimmyJay - came in equally comfortable with joking around and with getting down to brass tacks solving (and doing both concurrently), not a bit of it feels forced, i feel like he's seeking out potential paths to sniff his way down without it feeling like he's reaching for minutiae

Kylemii - i do like the way he engaged me, i would've liked it better if he'd actually told me something about himself in his reply (tho i laughed), i'm most interested right now in seeing what he does or doesn't do with the replies he recieves there
Yay, you are town, aren't you? :yay:
Sockface, can you tell me what about these takes prompted that response?
M Plus 7
I felt like I could see you thinking through everything, and I thought your read on me read particularly genuinely.

I also like that you take to Jay the way that I do. ;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Let's play a new game:

HOW MANY TIMES IN A ROW CAN MP POST?

:p

(Seriously I think the record is at least 20 so I'm bound to fail it here.)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Particularly Genuinely = 2 Adverbs. Fuck we got 'em boys.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I should really bring out the old sock avatar again, shouldn't I?
Tsaiah
Stool Pigeon

Post by Tsaiah »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:16 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:22 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:21 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:19 am You're in full King of Fuck Mountain mode right now, and I'm just loving it.

Let's solve this game, Jay. We can win.
I've had a long break, and I am sick of you taking all the glory. :grin:
With you and I as town and in full solving mode, we can crush this game. I'm fucking stoked.
I thought you wanted me to help you crush it. You can't have both of us. Jay and I are highlanders. There can be only one.
[mention]MacDougall[/mention]

Even with it done in a joking manner, this still carries a nuance of drawing lines in the sand. What about your reads at the time made you want to create a dichotomy here? Or is it all about past history with each other?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:28 pm Particularly Genuinely = 2 Adverbs. Fuck we got 'em boys.
Hey, you'll note that Epignosis is hosting and not playing this game.

Nice try. ;)
RobotNerd277

Post by RobotNerd277 »

Robot's giant catchup post part 1 (pages 1-4)

This site is a lot more heavy on NP interaction with the thread than any other site I've seen. That's kinda neat.

And of course MP is interacting with everyone all the time. You seem a lot more in your element here than d1 of g9.

I wonder what the beef between DH and MP is? It looks to me like a joke.

So, I'm trying to figure out how to read most of the people here. I vaguely remember Tsaiah being a particularly excitable friend, and I feel like I have a reasonable grip on MP's playstyle after g9 (that is, make ALL THE POSTS, (even when scum because I did a little research during that game)), but I don't really know much about how others play, though I have spent time with abyssum on the flight rising mafia discord.

After what point do the beginning-of-game jokes end? In particular, I'm trying to get a read on MacDougall, but maybe they're just too hard because they're A Jokester TM.

I think I like Kylemii. Not sure why. (Apparently MP agrees)

I... am really skeeved by post #89 from MP, except that it's in character? What I specifically don't like is that it positions him as "A Very Useful Person That You Implicitly Should Not Lynch," which idk, is a strategy I employed a bunch as scum on flight rising, but I think that's just How MP Is.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:50 pm So I’m the only player to have experience and/or history with every other player here. I can provide meta and such if necessary. I prefer not to rely on it much though. But feel free to ask me and I will provide opinions on whatever assuming I haven’t already.
oh god that was only page 2. I gotta skim faster

okay phew the beef with MP and DH was just A Joke. Very agree with the Tsaiah love. Tsaiah is purer than snow generated from distilled water.

okay the reason I like kylemmi is because they're also a robot from the future sent to play mafia. high five! o/

@kylemii but actually, my history is that I've been playing mafia across many different sites since 2012, most recently of which was mafiauniverse, but like, I was one of the founding members of flightrising's mafia community, and I play a bunch at my school. I know a bunch of mafia players scattered around the web I think.

whoop tsaiah stole my lightning :<
Tsaiah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:29 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:11 am
Tsaiah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:05 amNow tell me about you!
no one's ever asked me this before!

i'm kylemii, and this account is actually run by a forum bot created by long con in 20010 as a programming challenge to create the ultimate mafia playing bot. i am barely able to play mafia, but i do my best.
xD

Robotnerd's gonna like you
I rescind my previous comment on MP7 acting "too valuable to lynch." He actually posted meta thoughts on every player, nullifying that argument. I'm keeping it in this post though because that's how stream of conciousness works.

I'm gonna keep reading forward through the thread immediately but this file is getting too long already.
Tsaiah
Stool Pigeon

Post by Tsaiah »

(Y'all lemme know if i'm @ ing too much/if you don't wanna be @ ed)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:29 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:28 pm Particularly Genuinely = 2 Adverbs. Fuck we got 'em boys.

Nice try. ;)
Nicely tried, you mean.

ImageImage
ImageImage
RobotNerd277

Post by RobotNerd277 »

oh wow those size tags rip me. that should say

Robot's giant catchup post part 1 (pages 1-4)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Look at Tsaiah asking questions and shit.

TSAIAH IS PURE AS FUCK

I WILL CUT ANYONE THAT KILLS HER
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Damn nice catch up post, Robot. Getting down to business. I like it. Can't wait to see more.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I will crunch all the scum in this game via POE. Be afraid, scum.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Nice try. ;)
Nicely tried, you mean.
This is too good
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:35 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Nice try. ;)
Nicely tried, you mean.
This is too good
Dammit TH, I was trying to not give him the satisfaction!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also Robot I didn't know you were one of the founders of FR! I would have changed your homesite to that then.

Super cool either way. I'll be playing over there in due time.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Founders of FR mafia, rather.

Return to “Previous Heists”