A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by tutuu »

we can do it for samusamu since we wanna yeet dr wilgy regardless?
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:09 am we can probably use herm's role in combination with poison chan as pseudo peeks?

force dr wilgy to claim his song and album

herm checks the album to find if there are any scum in it

poison chan checks to make sure dr wilgy says the truth

or anyone else not just dr wilgy
Hmm, that's kinda smart. I'm worried about false positives though. Since an innocent townie can share an album with scum. It can clear people though, because if their album has 0 scum then they're definitely town.

[mention]Herm[/mention] does your album check find 3P, or only mafia?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:10 am we can do it for samusamu since we wanna yeet dr wilgy regardless?
Samusamu or LC or whoever, yeah. And if the Rogue soupkills them, it's like we get a free exe and used it to clear the POE. No big deal.

I'm slightly worried about the potential of a less direct version of a soupkill though. Like instead of a straight kill, maybe the Rogue can submit song + player combinations and they get powerups the more they get right. But that's pure speculation and your idea can potentially clear players which takes them out of the POE. That's really good. So let's do that.
Alison

Post by Alison »

With this combo we have a ridiculous amount of town power in play and it's going to be auto or close to auto if we play properly, unless something goes very very wrong. Do not be complacent though. Play as though it's not auto. If it is you lose nothing, if it isn't you'll be glad you were careful.
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 587
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:07 am Do you have any restrictions on claiming your role or the information you get through your role?
nope.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

mfw alison-chan compliments me and calls me smart
Spoiler: show
Alison

Post by Alison »

Poison Chan, I want you to fully claim your role in as much detail as you can.

Also, I want you to ask Sloonei about how your lie detector works. How does it determine what song a person claimed that day? What if that person claims multiple songs or keeps switching claims? What result does it give if a person has not claimed a song at all? What if a person lists a group of multiple songs and claims that their song is one of them but won't say which? Submit these questions to Sloonei and inquire into the specific mechanics of your lie detector, then report back to us.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:08 am The lie detector doesn't seem too useful. Feels a bit like a red herring ability that was tossed in to bait people into claiming songnames so nutella/the rogue can whack them. I'd need to know more about the second ability to figure out how to best use it, which is why I'm asking if you have restrictions on claiming it.
Yes. I do agree with it, and that's why I'm having doubts on my own as to why I have been given a role which is like this and can actually make the scum-rogue take advantage of it more than we do? I do not have restrictions on claiming, the second ability is conditional which i do not want to spill yet.

although i think my ability would be useful for a 3P check, cause I'd be able to get the whole role, but iirc, you said you can't check 3Ps? btw about that, do you get no results on 3ps or is it something different ?
Alison

Post by Alison »

For me, if I check the 3P, I'm told that they're civillian.

Check with Sloonei how your role works. It may be different. I don't mind you not claiming the condition for your second role but I do want to know how it works when it does go off.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:12 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:10 am we can do it for samusamu since we wanna yeet dr wilgy regardless?
Samusamu or LC or whoever, yeah. And if the Rogue soupkills them, it's like we get a free exe and used it to clear the POE. No big deal.

I'm slightly worried about the potential of a less direct version of a soupkill though. Like instead of a straight kill, maybe the Rogue can submit song + player combinations and they get powerups the more they get right. But that's pure speculation and your idea can potentially clear players which takes them out of the POE. That's really good. So let's do that.
hmm it think it might actually be a good possibility for the rogue since we aren't really getting more kills, [ do we know who killed JPIC yet? I am not fully caught up ] i believe, all the faction have something do to with role/song claims.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:19 am Poison Chan, I want you to fully claim your role in as much detail as you can.

Also, I want you to ask Sloonei about how your lie detector works. How does it determine what song a person claimed that day? What if that person claims multiple songs or keeps switching claims? What result does it give if a person has not claimed a song at all? What if a person lists a group of multiple songs and claims that their song is one of them but won't say which? Submit these questions to Sloonei and inquire into the specific mechanics of your lie detector, then report back to us.
I just need your claim and your report from Sloonei.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:13 am With this combo we have a ridiculous amount of town power in play and it's going to be auto or close to auto if we play properly, unless something goes very very wrong. Do not be complacent though. Play as though it's not auto. If it is you lose nothing, if it isn't you'll be glad you were careful.
I think the same but the problem is, i think it might just become the opposite if we try to use all these powers and start claiming to get the most out of our abilities. we don't have to that, and I have been discouraging claims since long for the same very reason. we can do normal scum hunt and win instead of getting ability bliss and get entangled in traps.

First, I have limited shots now, very limited to be exact, we should keep that in mind. and if we want people to claim something, I would suggest that would be the players who are either VERY VERY scummy, or we can keep my abilities for only 3P hunting after all the scums are down [if we do not get the 3p by then] cause if the 3P is by any chance deep in the towncore, we are screwed. but if we are near certain or have some PoE for 3P we can use it that way too.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:19 am Poison Chan, I want you to fully claim your role in as much detail as you can.

no it's like say,

person X has claimed that they have Y song. and Z has claimed I and J songs.

so, i have x shots, I can ask the host "is X saying the truth about Y song?" or "Is Z saying the truth about J song"
Alison

Post by Alison »

Can you ask if X is saying the truth about Y song even if X has not actually claimed Y song?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:22 am For me, if I check the 3P, I'm told that they're civillian.

Check with Sloonei how your role works. It may be different. I don't mind you not claiming the condition for your second role but I do want to know how it works when it does go off.
I would choose not to claim about my second ability any further atm.

the 3P can't be invincible can they? i think my role would make more sense for a 3p hunt that way.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 190

Post by DrWilgy »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:24 am
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:20 am Tim is saying that JPIC had a useless role so he probably carried the kill to Hally.
Plus he was closest thing to outed. He always carries the kill there I think.

This is why, really, we should be killing Wilgy right away. Make the last wolf carry the kill while we have all this mech power out there.
This is silly, JPIC just targeted tutuu, unless kill tracking was somehow hidden from me.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:34 am Can you ask if X is saying the truth about Y song even if X has not actually claimed Y song?
I'll ask that to him.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

he's not online. but alice, i think i wouldn't use it like that even if I'm allowed. cause the chances of guessing it right wold really be bad numbers.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

alison, not alice. sorry.
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:37 am
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:20 am Tim is saying that JPIC had a useless role so he probably carried the kill to Hally.

This is why, really, we should be killing Wilgy right away. Make the last wolf carry the kill while we have all this mech power out there.
This is silly, JPIC just targeted tutuu, unless kill tracking was somehow hidden from me.
Targeted Tutuu with what?

She didn't get post capped.

She didn't get killed.

You "tracked JPIC" to Tutuu, but nothing happened when he got there?

Now what?
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:43 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:37 am

Targeted Tutuu with what?

She didn't get post capped.

She didn't get killed.

You "tracked JPIC" to Tutuu, but nothing happened when he got there?

Now what?
hmm....
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

I think I'm gonna take a break. mention me when something comes up.
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:34 am Can you ask if X is saying the truth about Y song even if X has not actually claimed Y song?
I'm not fully understanding the point, but if you hold your horses on killing me...and hey maybe kill the wolf instead...you are welcome to have Poison try out her power on me. If all it is is a song lie detector I dunno what it gets you though. I told the truth about the song title (strangely enough) but I don't see what that proves unless we subscribe to the "only one bad guy per album" theory.

I mean, I like that theory myself, but ymmv,
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[mention]Samusamu[/mention] does your song belong to either the Amnesiac or Kid A albums?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 372

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:30 pm i just...i don't think tim is a stupid wolf. I have a lot of respect for his wolf game and this? this is a stupid mistake to make
Do you think I'm a stupid wolf? =p

The result I got is definitely that Ted visited Tim. I saw that being claimed in thread, as I checked Ted's posts because of my track, and that checked out and also just seemed like Ted was town in that discussion.

The only way Tim is telling the truth is if Ted's action can't be blocked or Tim got blocked or redirected himself. The result I got is clear, and I would not just randomly lie about a result like that as any alignment, obviously. And also I'm just town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:45 pm also like...why didn't dizzy bring this up until now?
Lol. I haven't been her, Dya. I saw a claim list or someone claiming or something when I got here and asked if I should also claim, and then I claimed. That's why.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I don’t think “this is too stupid” reads really apply any more tbh cause like

None of the people in question are stupid scum and yet here we are where something stupid almost certainly happened
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

We may miss a piece of the puzzle in settling all this stuff but I’ll keep that information hidden until I get clarified about some things.

It’s kinda hidden at plain sight and the fact that nobody used it to cover up their actions makes me feel like this is a massive mistake.
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:55 pm Day 1

Nutella in the lead. Counterwagon appears on Tim. Nutella doesn't love it but begrudgingly self pres votes with a lol. JPIC does not move to Tim. Tim does not self pres. Sprityo does not vote for Tim.
This doesn't prove anything though, other than scum was bussing Nut. Honestly, when Nut wagon happened I hadn't read the game, but was actually pretty hopeful that she would flip scum from the amount of votes she had. If it's town, normally scum likes to vote off wagon. But if scum gets yeeted D1, scum likes to get in on the action, creating bigger and surer wagons. So yeah, I don't think this says anything about Tim's alignment.

Still don't know what's going on with Tim. I'm asking myself why he would need to pretend to roleblock someone and out that in thread. What if Ted's action had a result and when Tim asked "How did your night phase go, Ted?" Ted would just be "Uh. Fine." Whether you're roleblocked is something that is pretty easy to find out, so it's kind of a strange lie, thinking about it. Unless maybe Tim and Ted are both scum. Don't know what Ted has claimed. But I know that Ted wasn't actually blocked, unless I still get the result I got even if he's blocked, but mechanically, I really shouldn't.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:41 pm so many egos at play here
Me reading the last pages:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:50 pm
dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:48 pm wait, how did you get that info tim?
His claimed role scales based on the % of civillians in the game. Based on the ability he received, civillians must be 80% or above.
Wait. Does he have a role that increases in power if the town is stronger? Cause that definitely don't seem like a town role. "Hey, if your faction is doing well, you'll get more powers!"
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:00 pm BTW, I hope everyone is having fun, because I'm having a blast here. I do plan to mock you unmercifully in DVC, but then we're all friends and on to the next game as far as I'm concerned.
Serious question: Do you think it's unreasonable to suss you out when we have a claimed track result that conflicts with your claim of a roleblock? Cause I don't think that's unreasonable or a good reason to mock anyone. If you're town, then something really weird has happened night action wise. Which wouldn't really be funny ha ha. Do you believe my track claim?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:41 am
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:50 pm
dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:48 pm wait, how did you get that info tim?
His claimed role scales based on the % of civillians in the game. Based on the ability he received, civillians must be 80% or above.
Wait. Does he have a role that increases in power if the town is stronger? Cause that definitely don't seem like a town role. "Hey, if your faction is doing well, you'll get more powers!"
increases in power as town loses
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Wait, can we claim songs?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tutuu wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:51 amincreases in power as town loses
Oh. Well then. =p That sounds more reasonable for a town role.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:53 am Wait, can we claim songs?
unless ur told otherwise by the host u can claim anything at ur own risk
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tutuu wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:55 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:53 am Wait, can we claim songs?
unless ur told otherwise by the host u can claim anything at ur own risk
Alright. Cause I know at least two of the songs of flipped mafia was like "scummy sounding". Kind of an unfair way to get clears though, and also as Poison says, there's probably mechanics that makes it not so good to claim. But, I have an idea, let me check something
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

All of the flipped scum are from different albums. I don't know how useful this is, but I'm thinking the mafia team are all songs from different albums, and maybe whatever 3p we have too. But this is like unfair if true. =p Also don't know if it's true, but I just have a feeling it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I don't know what more I have to add. My track claim is true. I don't know what's going on with Wilgy and Tim. Something real strange is happening, or something I don't know, or there is at least one lie going on.

Mac, Alison, SPF, towncore people, it would be useful if you could give me a PoE of people to look into night action wise.

Dya, don't track the same person as me =p I saw you were also tracker. Is it weird with two trackers?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:01 am All of the flipped scum are from different albums. I don't know how useful this is, but I'm thinking the mafia team are all songs from different albums, and maybe whatever 3p we have too. But this is like unfair if true. =p Also don't know if it's true, but I just have a feeling it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yea i think mac speculated on this

i dont think its unfair at all for us to speculate or talk about it, its part of the game, as the host designed it!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:14 am Draft 1 of the plan;

Alison just puts the cop on whoever she wants. We don't ask her to out it she can just do whatever.
TSP doctors Radishes.
Tutuu (btw can you self target?) chooses to save between Alison, Mac, SPF at her discretion (unless someone asks to not have their action delayed for their own reasons)
Radishes watches between TSP and Tutuu at his discretion (wink wink nudge nudge)
Sadly I can't out my role but I'm happy to be delayed/blocked by a JK etc. it's not that good a role
Juliets puts her protection onto Radishes so that he doesn't get his role buffed
Any protectives that exist that can't claim save between PC, Nanook, Mac, Dyachei
Dyachei just track whoever you think is most likely to carry. Likewise Wilgy (if we actually do get a pelt today).
LC target Radishes if your recipient does indeed get notified because it'll work if Juliets is covering him and won't if she's not.
Nanook target the towniest person that doesn't have cover so you have the best chance to get your double vote.
Tedxtr target Nanook.

Anyone has any better ideas shout at me.
[mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] this is the plan so far

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] what do we do for dizzy and also what do we do with the herm + poison combo. did u see my suggestion earlier?

we have night chat so i guess its fine, no rush
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

well slight rush cuz dizzy needs to adjust his vote. so only slight rush for dizzy, the rest of us can plan all night
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

and i dunno if poison chan can use her song lie detector on a post made during night, it could be that the post needs to be made during day. so a potential slight rush there too
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tutuu wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:04 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:01 am All of the flipped scum are from different albums. I don't know how useful this is, but I'm thinking the mafia team are all songs from different albums, and maybe whatever 3p we have too. But this is like unfair if true. =p Also don't know if it's true, but I just have a feeling it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yea i think mac speculated on this

i dont think its unfair at all for us to speculate or talk about it, its part of the game, as the host designed it!
True enough. =p
I'm just thinking that if someone in the PoE is a song that's from an album that already has flipped scum, they can clear themselves reasonably with the lie detector thing. This hinges on scum being a song from the different albums though. But I really think that is actually the case, but of course I have no proof for this. This probably more of a thing if we are struggling at a point maybe, which it looks like we really aren't at this point. Just something that popped into my head, but if Mac already got it, it doesn't matter.

Also, for the night actions, I guess my track would be used to track someone we want to prevent from doing potential harmful actions. So probably just the least trusted, as an insurance kind of thing. If they know they're going to be tracked, they probably don't do their harmful action, but I can insure that they can't. Baring blocking and what not, but scum can't have that much spare power left I would think.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I guess I should just track whoever of Tim and Wilgy doesn't get yeeted today?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

maybe u could go on samusamu but i dont really wanna be the plan maker
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

or that
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

Whoever you track just make sure we know Dizzy
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:09 am we can probably use herm's role in combination with poison chan as pseudo peeks?

force dr wilgy to claim his song and album

herm checks the album to find if there are any scum in it

poison chan checks to make sure dr wilgy says the truth

or anyone else not just dr wilgy
[mention]MacDougall[/mention] what do u think should we force someone to claim song
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:52 pm Answering several privately asked questions all at once:

I am not currently aware of any Host errors occurring on Night 2.
Ok this was my question and was targeted at whether Sloonei would tell us if he made an error reporting results. So, this means Wilgy saying "JK, it was a host error" is not true. The host didn't make an error in notifying Wilgy of results of his "JPIC track". This makes me much more suspicious of Dr. Wilgy. [mention]DrWilgy[/mention] do you have another explanation you want to offer regarding why you first said JPIC didn't move and then changed that to JK, JPIC visited tutuu?

I still have my vote on Tim right now much for the same reason as tutuu in that I consider him a higher risk to be 3P but I could change it to Wilgy before the day is out. Chances seem good to me that Wilgy is mafia and Tim is 3P, though I guess Tim could be town. My 3P suspicion is born mostly from Tim's heated arguments that he should live.

[mention]dyachei[/mention] I'm very interested in your opinion of Tim here as to whether you see the 3P possibility or just how you feel about that possibility. The way I read you last night you are seeing him as town but I just want to make sure.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”