[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [DAY 11] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't have any issue with votes being used now -- we just can't afford to fall into complacent tally arrangements that lead to shenanigan-compatible end results 72 hours from now.

METALMARSH89, you've been completely willing to agree with everything I say (or at least acknowledge that I make good points) in recent phases except for the most crucial point of last phase: Choutas as a town read.
I did not agree completely with everything you said. I did agree willingingly (wouldn't have had it any other way) with some of the things you said. And when did you have Choutas as a town read?
Mafia spew review

You supported me on two key reads: Fuzz and Bullzeye (both viable lynches of yesterday). You plopped a vote on Choutas. You've explained why, and essentially given the same reason Russ gave (that Choutas's behavior at EOD was suspicious), a reason that does not inspire me.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Re: [DAY 6] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Ricochet »

Wilgy posted this begin of Day 6.
DrWilgy wrote:Mac, Matt, Fuzz and Floyd, who did you target last night?

We had a fail kill and no psycho killer. Chances are one of y'all intervined, possibly in both, and y'all should know how. JJJ you should know as well.

I will explain everything as soon as I'm back from the renaissance festival.

JJJ, no beef, got much love for ya.
Two of the people he inquired turned out mafia (with no powers to block or do shit...in theory, Mac could have redirected the SK's kill to the same unkillable target, but I wouldn't put my money on it; for one thing, he then started spewing on Epig being SK...and Epig was killed by the SK...), Matt is dead, only Fuzz is here.

He also says JJJ should know something about this very thing he is pointing at.

He's an SK candidate, so... Would this come off as an SK chatting in the open about whudunit or as genuine investigative stuff?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [NIGHT 10] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I think my play on Day 6 is my best support.
What about your Day 6 play do you stand on?
I think my pursuit of MacDougall looks good for me, even if I also pushed incredibly hard to connect you to him. I believe my vote pattern and my interactions that day make for a solid civilian (or at least anti-mafia) case.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't have any issue with votes being used now -- we just can't afford to fall into complacent tally arrangements that lead to shenanigan-compatible end results 72 hours from now.

METALMARSH89, you've been completely willing to agree with everything I say (or at least acknowledge that I make good points) in recent phases except for the most crucial point of last phase: Choutas as a town read.
I did not agree completely with everything you said. I did agree willingingly (wouldn't have had it any other way) with some of the things you said. And when did you have Choutas as a town read?
Mafia spew review

You supported me on two key reads: Fuzz and Bullzeye (both viable lynches of yesterday). You plopped a vote on Choutas. You've explained why, and essentially given the same reason Russ gave (that Choutas's behavior at EOD was suspicious), a reason that does not inspire me.
I did the legwork to support my suspicion of RadicalFuzz, so don't cut my contributations down to "you supported me". You inspired me to look into him multiple days ago, true, but the initiative was all my own.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Wilgy posted this begin of Day 6.

We had a fail kill and no psycho killer. Chances are one of y'all intervined, possibly in both, and y'all should know how. JJJ you should know as well.

Two of the people he inquired turned out mafia (with no powers to block or do shit...in theory, Mac could have redirected the SK's kill to the same unkillable target, but I wouldn't put my money on it; for one thing, he then started spewing on Epig being SK...and Epig was killed by the SK...), Matt is dead, only Fuzz is here.

He's an SK candidate, so... Would this come off as an SK chatting in the open about whudunit or as genuine investigative stuff?
In this instance I do know what he was talking about. I don't know what he was talking about later with the "why these players have something in common" thing, but this one I understand.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Wilgy posted this begin of Day 6.

In this instance I do know what he was talking about. I don't know what he was talking about later with the "why these players have something in common" thing, but this one I understand.
And what is to be understood, if I may ask?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I think my pursuit of MacDougall looks good for me, even if I also pushed incredibly hard to connect you to him. I believe my vote pattern and my interactions that day make for a solid civilian (or at least anti-mafia) case.
You're aware that this detracts from the good look? Should you be?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:And what is to be understood, if I may ask?
Only that Doc and I have something in common in this game that is known publicly.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Town Evidence - Near unanimous townreads on me for large parts of the game
You don't think there's anything inspiring in your own posts?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Only that Doc and I have something in common in this game that is known publicly.
I very well understood that, Mr. Assistant. I was asking about "the stff Wilgy and you should know about", that he was referencing, and you said you understood at that time.

What about my question about Wilgy posing those questions per se? Genuine or non?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Why does this detract from my good look when I believed your behavior to be suspicious?

And should I be what?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I very well understood that, Mr. Assistant. I was asking about "the stff Wilgy and you should know about", that he was referencing, and you said you understood at that time.

What about my question about Wilgy posing those questions per se? Genuine or non?
That's what's I'm saying. I have no issue with any component of that Wilgy post.

But it's only one post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Why does this detract from my good look when I believed your behavior to be suspicious?

And should I be what?
It's a caveat, mate. You stated your good look and qualified it with an "even if..."

Everything following "even if" is by the nature of that sentence takes something away from the words before it.

"I love to spend the day outside even if it rains sometimes."

"I think Sunday is great even if it means there's work tomorrow."

"I am going to enjoy this Strongbow cider even if it tastes like piss."

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Hunting Mac and reading into mafia interactions between the dead and the ones still out there, until my brain melts, should be the two things to place me into town camp, I'd say.
Are you willing to replace "Mac" with "Long Con, Black Rock, and Floyd" and then consider that this sentence applies to me too?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well, Wilgy asked me something that I didn't understood too well and now it seems he's gone away. So far it's us three talking. However, it's almost 3am, so soon enough it'll be just you two.

But the thought that came to my mind just now is whether we should consider if any player putting low effort into this debate might in fact be a baddie (mafia or SK) tricking us into turning things on all sides, whilst he just votes alongside us, if it suits him...

I know this is pretty much the opposite of how the Champs final lylo trick was done (by none other than grandmaster JJJ here)...actually, let's do the opposite scenario, as well! What if a big talker is the snakecharmer in this situation?

Anyway, these are just thoughts. I don't have much time and will left to process much tonight.

I forgot that Straw's death also means he got suppresed from ever developing further thoughts on his MM is bad m'kay theory - if he ever planned to, that is :slightrolleye:. This makes me believe either MM has pumpkin-sized balls or it's a fine smear job by the real SK.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

That's great Jay.

What have you deduced from this caveat? In your opinion, do you believe that situation I mentioned is my only saving grace as a civilian and that there is no other facet of my play that compares to that moment, which itself is already only a glass-half-full type of good anyway?

Do you not appreciate honesty?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Hunting Mac and reading into mafia interactions between the dead and the ones still out there, until my brain melts, should be the two things to place me into town camp, I'd say.
Are you willing to replace "Mac" with "Long Con, Black Rock, and Floyd" and then consider that this sentence applies to me too?
Yes, on paper, it can apply to you, as in you can use it as your town evidence.

Did you use it, though?

...Oh wait.

Interestingly, this angle was the only one of the three in which you didn't include a "For me:" statement. :ponder:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:I forgot that Straw's death also means he got suppresed from ever developing further thoughts on his MM is bad m'kay theory - if he ever planned to, that is :slightrolleye:. This makes me believe either MM has pumpkin-sized balls or it's a fine smear job by the real SK.
It's only a fine smear-job if you're willing to lynch me after that flip. Are you?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:That's great Jay.

What have you deduced from this caveat? In your opinion, do you believe that situation I mentioned is my only saving grace as a civilian and that there is no other facet of my play that compares to that moment, which itself is already only a glass-half-full type of good anyway?

Do you not appreciate honesty?
I've deduced that you think your treatment of Mac on Day 6 should reflect well on you (applicable regardless of your alignment) and also that you grant that your effort to link Mac with me takes something away from that good look.

Because I'm town. And it's a bad link.

Honesty is great, but I think you may have puked a little more into that post than you meant to.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Did you use it, though?

...Oh wait.

Interestingly, this angle was the only one of the three in which you didn't include a "For me:" statement. :ponder:
I already answered that exact question not long before, in a post addressed to you.

I'm trying my damnest to connect with a town read here to promote cooperation.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I forgot that Straw's death also means he got suppresed from ever developing further thoughts on his MM is bad m'kay theory - if he ever planned to, that is :slightrolleye:. This makes me believe either MM has pumpkin-sized balls or it's a fine smear job by the real SK.
It's only a fine smear-job if you're willing to lynch me after that flip. Are you?
It's a smear job if it makes the civilians mislynch the smeared person.

As for you question, I don't know.

Wait, after what flip? Straw didn't flip.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay

I'll be back with my ISO sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:JaggedJimmyJay

Underwhelming OMGUS. Answer to the suspicion I've cast upon you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
It's a smear job if it makes the civilians mislynch the smeared person.

As for you question, I don't know.

Wait, after what flip? Straw didn't flip.
Wrong term.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I've already answered, what else are you looking for?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I've already answered, what else are you looking for?
An answer that isn't a question.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You haven't asked any questions, so answers that aren't questions are difficult to return.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:You haven't asked any questions, so answers that aren't questions are difficult to return.
No.

I made an accusation. You should be able to explain yourself without return-firing questions.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Did you use it, though?

...Oh wait.

I already answered that exact question not long before, in a post addressed to you.

I'm trying my damnest to connect with a town read here to promote cooperation.
Ah yes. So not resisting looming lynch, wanting your flip to help the town further and to leave a legacy in reads.

That's fine. Again, on paper, it's credible.

You also said that Day would have been a "very different story if I'm mafia". Can you elaborate on this mirror angle yourself, please?

My problem with Day 7 exonerating you simply because you didn't fight the wave hitting you is that Day 7 ended up with a third wave that didn't target you or Floyd anymore. You could have benefited from that pretty much regardless of your actual alignment.

Seaside wagon was pushed into a snowball, at least according to the vote order, by Epig, then motel (ahem townie according to you), MM, and then finally you and then four more others.

No offense to Epig, because he did very inspired hunting otherwise, but if this seaside wagon turns out to have been mostly civ-pushed, it was a very costly moment to lose focus and start a third bonfire. Even costly for the civs' entire game, I'm afraid. Pretty much the same mixed feelings about what he started, if mafia then jumped on it significantly, all the same (candidates for that are still plenty, right now, which simply sucks: motel, you, Diiny, Russ).
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Honesty is great, but I think you may have puked a little more into that post than you meant to.
If you are talking about this, I did intend to say what I said. I'm not afraid to acknowledge what I have done wrong, and I'm willing to point it out.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well, you two are cooperating.

I'm going to bed.

Diiny, can you talk, can you play, are you here? Type words and submit for yes.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Ah yes. So not resisting looming lynch, wanting your flip to help the town further and to leave a legacy in reads.

I don't care about "on paper". We have to stop waffling with this stuff. I'm calling you a straight up town read right despite having numerous reasons not to. That doesn't mean you're exonerated permanently, it means I am entirely willing to work with you on Day 11 despite whatever misgivings might still exist in my head. That is cooperation.
Ricochet wrote:You also said that Day would have been a "very different story if I'm mafia". Can you elaborate on this mirror angle yourself, please?
In the champs finale my strategy as a mafioso on the verge of being lynched was exactly the opposite. I stopped posting.

I didn't post less. I posted none. I shut it all down. I went dark. There's no reason for a mafioso about to be lynched (and I really did think I was dead until the very late stretch of Day 7) to continue producing "reads" that can only be used against team mates after the flip. It's unnecessary spew that I would simply not provide.
Ricochet wrote:My problem with Day 7 exonerating you simply because you didn't fight the wave hitting you is that Day 7 ended up with a third wave that didn't target you or Floyd anymore. You could have benefited from that pretty much regardless of your actual alignment.
That was definitely a surprise to me. I regret joining it instead of promoting the Floyd counterwagon, but at that point I was willing to work with Epi and I thought he raised a good point when Choutas's rainbow didn't line up with his pseudo-info dump.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Honesty is great, but I think you may have puked a little more into that post than you meant to.
If you are talking about this, I did intend to say what I said. I'm not afraid to acknowledge what I have done wrong, and I'm willing to point it out.
There's the rub. Why do you think it was wrong to aggressively link me to Mac?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Well, you two are cooperating.
I don't mean we should spend the whole phase playing nice. :disappoint:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Because I'm attaching one read to another, almost regardless of your other input to the game. I did not suspect you at the time for anything other than your read of MacDougall, who I suspected was mafia, and actually even said at one point that you were a more suspicious player than Mac because of it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Because I'm attaching one read to another, almost regardless of your other input to the game. I did not suspect you at the time for anything other than your read of MacDougall, who I suspected was mafia, and actually even said at one point that you were a more suspicious player than Mac because of it.
Could you please reference this post?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

What's your goal here Jay?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:What's your goal here Jay?
Why on earth would I broadcast that? You've seen how I play this game, make an educated guess. I've given you a fair request, could you please reference the post you mentioned?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Ah yes. So not resisting looming lynch, wanting your flip to help the town further and to leave a legacy in reads.

I don't care about "on paper". We have to stop waffling with this stuff. I'm calling you a straight up town read right despite having numerous reasons not to. That doesn't mean you're exonerated permanently, it means I am entirely willing to work with you on Day 11 despite whatever misgivings might still exist in my head. That is cooperation.
Ricochet wrote:You also said that Day would have been a "very different story if I'm mafia". Can you elaborate on this mirror angle yourself, please?
In the champs finale my strategy as a mafioso on the verge of being lynched was exactly the opposite. I stopped posting.

I didn't post less. I posted none. I shut it all down. I went dark. There's no reason for a mafioso about to be lynched (and I really did think I was dead until the very late stretch of Day 7) to continue producing "reads" that can only be used against team mates after the flip. It's unnecessary spew that I would simply not provide.
Ricochet wrote:My problem with Day 7 exonerating you simply because you didn't fight the wave hitting you is that Day 7 ended up with a third wave that didn't target you or Floyd anymore. You could have benefited from that pretty much regardless of your actual alignment.
That was definitely a surprise to me. I regret joining it instead of promoting the Floyd counterwagon, but at that point I was willing to work with Epi and I thought he raised a good point when Choutas's rainbow didn't line up with his pseudo-info dump.
First part: I'll get back to you on that "reading you town despite plenty of reasons not to". Sorry I can't be more decisive than that.

Second part: Feels like too much WIFOM: "I would always reproduce my mafia strategy when mafia". Also, Too Much Work is not encountered as a valid suss reason or a mafia tactic, for no reason.

Then again, I remember a confirmed civ (Choutas) reading you like that as well: baddie JJJ would never put this much work.

I'll consider it.

Third part: Understood, but it doesn't really change much about that Day's wagons dynamic and how you benefitted from it, period, town or no town. Epig softened on you, got pinged by seaside and stuff concerning him, wagon on him formed and, from a pure statistical viewpoint considering seaside's wagon, the Day went to shit.

If you feel that mafia jumped on that snowball, and you're not it, then give me some possible interpretations. Motel, MM, Diiny, Russ. Which seems more likely?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

EPWOP: considering seaside's flip*, not wagon
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Why on earth would I broadcast that? You've seen how I play this game, make an educated guess. I've given you a fair request, could you please reference the post you mentioned?
I'm looking for it, and asking you meantime.

I know you're perfectly capable of painting someone bad by making them case themselves, and I'm checking to see if that is the case here. I have every right to ask you a question, so don't sound so aghast.

I also know you're probably probing for reactions. I'd rather it be this possibility.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:If you feel that mafia jumped on that snowball, and you're not it, then give me some possible interpretations. Motel, MM, Diiny, Russ. Which seems more likely?
I'm returning to my spew reviews now so I'm sure I'll have an answer when I'm finished.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I know you're perfectly capable of painting someone bad by making them case themselves, and I'm checking to see if that is the case here. I have every right to ask you a question, so don't sound so aghast.

I also know you're probably probing for reactions. I'd rather it be this possibility.
I'm not asking you to case yourself. You mentioned a post that has relevance to our current conversation and I've asked you to retrieve it so I can see it in proper context and decide what emotions it inspires in me. I could probably find it myself, but you know your ISO better than I do.

I might be doing one of those things.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

'sup. Catching up, seeing what's what. Anything you wanna shove in my face?
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:'sup. Catching up, seeing what's what. Anything you wanna shove in my face?
A few people are considering you as a possible serial killer. I'm among them. I think you've been just far away enough from the woodchipper discussions that you've never had to do anything dangerous. Your content is also drooping into drooptown lately. You also made no posts on Night 5 when the SK didn't show up in the host posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I'm not asking you to case yourself. You mentioned a post that has relevance to our current conversation and I've asked you to retrieve it so I can see it in proper context and decide what emotions it inspires in me. I could probably find it myself, but you know your ISO better than I do.

I might be doing one of those things.
This is the post I am referring to.

I did not actually say I'd rather vote you. I thought I did, and I know at one point I considered the idea during the Day 6 phase.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I also got a B+ on my MacDougall interactions. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:'sup. Catching up, seeing what's what. Anything you wanna shove in my face?
A few people are considering you as a possible serial killer. I'm among them. I think you've been just far away enough from the woodchipper discussions that you've never had to do anything dangerous. Your content is also drooping into drooptown lately. You also made no posts on Night 5 when the SK didn't show up in the host posts.
My content's dropped, yes.

But do you really think I'm playing it safe? I ended up voting alone yesterday. And look at the day 1 that nearly got me lynched by these syndicate heathens. I've agreed with cases as they've been presented both because they're good cases that have taken my eye and because I haven't had time to do many proper iso exercises, kinda thanks to the thread size.

Plus I've continued to shit on brian whilst nobody else did. I mean, that doesn't look great for me but I don't see how you can call that playing it safe.

I think you're just used to seeing me more abrasive/active.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Reaffirming my FUZZ vote for now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:This is the post I am referring to.

I did not actually say I'd rather vote you. I thought I did, and I know at one point I considered the idea during the Day 6 phase.
Thanks. I'll think about it -- you've put into unique words the standard Mac/Jay link that I am sure it still a hangup for many people. Do you understand why I felt this was a discussion worth pursuing?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”