Post by Oddmerta »

I am a real busdriver, N2 swapped Alison and Sloonei, dying on this hill
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 557
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Long Con »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:34 pm I am a real busdriver, N2 swapped Alison and Sloonei, dying on this hill
A wolf busdriver, perhaps.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 1748
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

i think the only options that make sense are

1) odd was roleblocked and michelle checked alison. alison is a wolf

2) michelle checked sloonei due to the busdrive and her result was messed with. the check says nothing about alison’s alignment

3) one of odd or michelle is lying for some reason. alison may or may not be a wolf

i have zero idea which it is and i think it’s impossible to figure out right now with the information we have so i’m going to move forward as though this never happened
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 330

Post by Oddmerta »

Sloonei's death 100% look like it was his own ability. Even did it N2.

Redirect would be in full effect
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

I think it's town - town - town
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:37 pm Sloonei's death 100% look like it was his own ability. Even did it N2.

but his ability is irrelevant because it only redirects negative action and neither bus driving nor cop checks are negative actions
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Hally wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:39 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:37 pm Sloonei's death 100% look like it was his own ability. Even did it N2.

but his ability is irrelevant because it only redirects negative action and neither bus driving nor cop checks are negative actions
My busdrive id real, Wait until I get orders from Alison and I can verify her or if you don't trust me to do it then you coulr use @KZA instead to verify.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

oh maybe i misunderstood your post
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 678
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

If Odd was roleblocked then it was by mafia since no town roleblockers have come forward.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 557
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Odd is leaning too hard into his mechanical ability claim. I think he's a wolf with that actual ability.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME want to play Portal?

Rules are simple, you shoot me and a scum dies.

But is it a) I'm lying about my abilities

or b) I will swap myself with a scum tonigjt and get the alley oop kill. I line them up and you knock them down
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570

Post by staypositivefriend »

Hally wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:37 pm i think the only options that make sense are

2) michelle checked sloonei due to the busdrive and her result was messed with. the check says nothing about alison’s alignment

3) one of odd or michelle is lying for some reason. alison may or may not be a wolf

i have zero idea which it is and i think it’s impossible to figure out right now with the information we have so i’m going to move forward as though this never happened
re, the bolded: can you think of any mechanically feasible ways that michelle's report on sloonei would be "messed with"? i can not feasibly imagine a target framing sloonei (and i find alison an unlikely frame target as well), and i am coming up short with mechanical explanations for how michelle got a red check on a flipped villager that aren't simply just: "alison is a wolf"

i don't think it's a good idea to decide the chop based solely on michelle's claim, but i do think that michelle's claim raises the equity that alison is a wolf considerably higher, especially because i am still ultimately lacking in reasons to clear her
Alison

Post by Alison »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:14 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME want to play Portal?

or b) I will swap myself with a scum tonigjt and get the alley oop kill. I line them up and you knock them down
Don't do this, I have stuff for you to do.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 618
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:14 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME want to play Portal?

As I may have previously mentioned, I'm not leashing my vig
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

anyway, here's my obligatory apology post for the low WIM today. extenuating circumstances are making it difficult to fully focus on this game.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Maybe it's not me with the negative action, Michelle with some sort of negative investigation?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

my reads look something like this right now:

i think that michelle is a lock villager. she had zero incentive to fake that report on alison and i think she is generally just obvious town

falcon is a viable wolf candidate - i do not find him explicitly scummy as much i am lacking in reasons to townread him, and at this stage in the game, that alone forces him to be in my POE

i'm leaning town on nanook. it is feasible that he is a wolf that decided to shot a LHF slot to get towncred, but i think that his posting has been trending upward for a while now and i do think that his slot gives him some light town equity.

i'm leaning town on oddmerta even though it's not a position i'm super confident in

esooa is a viable wolf candidate - her early posting was villagery but i would like her to clarify the mechanics/specifics of her role in as much detail as she can provide

i am leaning town on strawhenge even though a lot of that is sponging off of the confidence of the flipped town (JJJ, Sloonei). out of all the people posting in the desolate wasteland of today, strawhenge's posts have consistently felt the most engaged and the most curious

there was some vague mechanical reason that i'm apparently supposed to townread KZA for? but i currently do not townread him and think he's a viable wolf candidate

long con is a viable wolf candidate

fingersplints is a viable wolf candidate but toward the upper tier of my POE - i still generally like her posting even if there is nothing specific about it that makes me village read her

there could probably exist a world where hally is a wolf but i'm clearing them for now - they have been a consistent stream of energetic and passionate solving and there are some mechanical reasons to townlean them as well

i am leaning town on JPIC - his posting is just so much better than the wolf game i've seen from him and i like his claim.

i would like alison to fully clarify the mechanics of her role, as a refresher and as a way to determine if there is any mechanical basis to townread her from

i would lean town on BoKnows but it's the weakest name of the bunch - it's almost entirely tonal
staypositivefriend
Hitman

so, i feel that michelle/nanook/oddmerta/strawhenge/hally/JPIC/BoKnows is a grouping of mostly villagers. there is probably a wolf buried in there, but i think that that list is ~mostly pure

that leaves falcon/esooa/KZA/long con/fingersplints/alison

that's too many names for comfort at this stage of the game, especially since i'm not confident in the purity of my village list. i suspect that there are 2 wolves in that pool and more than 2 if we're living in an easy, uncomplex world
staypositivefriend
Hitman

this game demands a thorough readthrough from me, but i can't commit to being able to do that right now. even so, i would like to spend the time that i ~do~ have to play this game to be spent interacting with people in real-time and working things out

we're in a good position today in spite of the low WIM, and i think if we kick things into gear a little bit more then we can still be on the path to a win
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:16 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:37 pm i think the only options that make sense are

re, the bolded: can you think of any mechanically feasible ways that michelle's report on sloonei would be "messed with"? i can not feasibly imagine a target framing sloonei (and i find alison an unlikely frame target as well), and i am coming up short with mechanical explanations for how michelle got a red check on a flipped villager that aren't simply just: "alison is a wolf"

i don't think it's a good idea to decide the chop based solely on michelle's claim, but i do think that michelle's claim raises the equity that alison is a wolf considerably higher, especially because i am still ultimately lacking in reasons to clear her
but why does michelle’s check raise alison’s wolf equity when we don’t even know if she checked alison or sloonei? if alison was bus driven and then michelle got a guilty on her that was meant to be a guilty on sloonei, it doesn’t make sense because obviously sloonei wasn’t a wolf but i also don’t see how it makes alison a wolf

i guess you could argue that the only way michelle’s result makes sense is by assuming odd got roleblocked but i don’t know if i’m willing to kill alison based on assumption
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:20 pm Maybe it's not me with the negative action, Michelle with some sort of negative investigation?
an alignment investigation isn’t negative
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 326

Post by falcon45ca »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:18 pm

As I may have previously mentioned, I'm not leashing my vig
Vig me plz. My slot seems necessary to solve for many, I'd like it 18 with a bullet style.

we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:35 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:20 pm Maybe it's not me with the negative action, Michelle with some sort of negative investigation?
do we know if michelle's ability is a straight alignment investigation

we've been treating it like it is but she's been pretty cagey about the details
Alison

Post by Alison »

I guess the simplest way is to just ask @Michelle to clarify if her action is negative with the host.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Hally wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:33 pm

but why does michelle’s check raise alison’s wolf equity when we don’t even know if she checked alison or sloonei? if alison was bus driven and then michelle got a guilty on her that was meant to be a guilty on sloonei, it doesn’t make sense because obviously sloonei wasn’t a wolf but i also don’t see how it makes alison a wolf

i guess you could argue that the only way michelle’s result makes sense is by assuming odd got roleblocked but i don’t know if i’m willing to kill alison based on assumption
because if we live in a world where michelle got driven and checked sloonei instead of alison, what are the possible mafia roles that could have made sloonei turn up red? the only feasible explanation i could come up with was "framer", and i think that sloonei had an extremely low chance of being a framer target, given his position in the game. michelle being an insane/unreliable cop is possible but it would probably imply that ted was actually a wolf, and i am doubtful that he was
Alison

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:34 pm Alright, here goes nothing. If I get daykilled I apologize for being a dumbass.

I am Captain Jeb Cheney. I have two day actions. One is to give two players access to a private chat for the night. Sort of like a temporary neighborizer. I can neighborize myself. The other is a little complicated. There are four trooper roles in the game, I know their flavor (role name) and abilities which I feel no need to disclose at this point. Trooper Milch is one of them which is how I cleared Oddmerta. Technically it isn't stated that they're confirmed town but it is heavily implied that they are and in terms of flavor I think it doesn't make sense for them to be evil. Anyway, as a day action I can order one trooper to do something with their night action. Basically I control their night action. They can choose to accept or refuse my order. If they accept, they do the night action the way I ordered them to. If they refuse, I get to strip them of their abilities and gift those abilities to someone else.
@staypositivefriend
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:36 pm because if we live in a world where michelle got driven and checked sloonei instead of alison, what are the possible mafia roles that could have made sloonei turn up red? the only feasible explanation i could come up with was "framer", and i think that sloonei had an extremely low chance of being a framer target, given his position in the game. michelle being an insane/unreliable cop is possible but it would probably imply that ted was actually a wolf, and i am doubtful that he was
i brought up the idea of someone who insanifies, ie. a mafia role that targets a player to mess up their night results. Since Michelle was a claimed cop at that point in time, it would make sense for mafia to target her n2 but not n1.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:36 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:35 pm
do we know if michelle's ability is a straight alignment investigation

we've been treating it like it is but she's been pretty cagey about the details
what else could it be that would make it a negative action?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

actually scratch that - i was confusing the driver mechanics

i was operating under the assumption that if michelle checked alison and alison was bus driven with sloonei, michelle would still get the "correct" report on alison, even if it swapped alison and sloonei's names

but i was wrong, because michelle would get a report on sloonei that is independent of alison's alignment
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:36 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:33 pm

because if we live in a world where michelle got driven and checked sloonei instead of alison, what are the possible mafia roles that could have made sloonei turn up red? the only feasible explanation i could come up with was "framer", and i think that sloonei had an extremely low chance of being a framer target, given his position in the game. michelle being an insane/unreliable cop is possible but it would probably imply that ted was actually a wolf, and i am doubtful that he was
i don’t know, i feel like we’re just missing a piece of the puzzle that would make this make sense and i currently don’t feel i understand what occurred well enough to kill alison over it but i assume we’ll do it anyway regardless of what i want so i’m just going to hope she’s a wolf
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:40 pm actually scratch that - i was confusing the driver mechanics

i was operating under the assumption that if michelle checked alison and alison was bus driven with sloonei, michelle would still get the "correct" report on alison, even if it swapped alison and sloonei's names

but i was wrong, because michelle would get a report on sloonei that is independent of alison's alignment
correct
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 2]

Alison wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:37 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:34 pm Alright, here goes nothing. If I get daykilled I apologize for being a dumbass.

I am Captain Jeb Cheney. I have two day actions. One is to give two players access to a private chat for the night. Sort of like a temporary neighborizer. I can neighborize myself. The other is a little complicated. There are four trooper roles in the game, I know their flavor (role name) and abilities which I feel no need to disclose at this point. Trooper Milch is one of them which is how I cleared Oddmerta. Technically it isn't stated that they're confirmed town but it is heavily implied that they are and in terms of flavor I think it doesn't make sense for them to be evil. Anyway, as a day action I can order one trooper to do something with their night action. Basically I control their night action. They can choose to accept or refuse my order. If they accept, they do the night action the way I ordered them to. If they refuse, I get to strip them of their abilities and gift those abilities to someone else.
@staypositivefriend
thanks
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Caveats
staypositivefriend
Hitman

hally, what do your main townreads look like right now? i just wanna compare and contrast our towncores
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i doubt there’s a straight alignment cop and that wolves don’t have any roles to counter it

usually in setups with an alignment cop there’s always something to nerf the cop or make their results unreliable
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:45 pm hally, what do your main townreads look like right now? i just wanna compare and contrast our towncores
i think i’m largely in agreement with the reads you just posted

but honestly i’m so detached from this game right now that i don’t feel i have a good grip on anything
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 669
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

I will reiterate Benjamin Schmidt is a bumbling idiot in the show and might be a wrong cop lol
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

it seems unlikely that wolves don’t have a some role to interfere with michelle’s check’s. michelle was already a claimed cop the night she checked alison. do we think the wolves just let her get off another check? that would surprise me but i also think a role that targets a cop directly and causes their checks to get messed with would be kinda bastard
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

KZA wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:47 pm I will reiterate Benjamin Schmidt is a bumbling idiot in the show and might be a wrong cop lol
that would be hilarious but also seems bastard
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 468
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Hally wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:52 pm
KZA wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:47 pm I will reiterate Benjamin Schmidt is a bumbling idiot in the show and might be a wrong cop lol
that would be hilarious but also seems bastard
No offense to nova at all, but is nova known for making bastard games?
Literally just some fucking guy.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i still don’t understand how roles are blatantly tied to their flavor/characters and that’s blatantly tied to their presumed alignment and we’re somehow allowed to claim all of this and face no consequences

what is this game lol
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i’m waiting for the soup kill that kills half of us in one night and hands wolves the win
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

this really feels like a game where flavor claiming shouldn’t be allowed in order to make it not broken but since it is allowed i can only assume we’ll be punished for flavor claiming by some in game mechanic
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

wrong cop, would be something. Unknowingly clearing a scum ted and him dying to other scum team because of it, janitored so both mafia know about it but town have no idea amd maf are struggling harder than we think
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

we should eliminate me for my own sanity

[VOTE: hally] aubergine
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:01 pm wrong cop, would be something. Unknowingly clearing a scum ted and him dying to other scum team because of it, janitored so both mafia know about it but town have no idea amd maf are struggling harder than we think
okay am I crazy or should Solverson/Larsson be the proper cop instead of Schmidt of all people

kinda guessing Nanook is one of them or a trooper lol
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Hally wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:01 pm we should eliminate me for my own sanity

mood
KZA
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

I unironically watched 2 seasons of this show in a week so any wolves better be creative as fuck with their fake claims
KZA
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

KZA wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:03 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:01 pm we should eliminate me for my own sanity

mood
there’s a reason that’s my pfp