Total votes: 8
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [NIGHT 1]

Post by thellama73 »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:27 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:24 pm I think Colin has bought into the "too scum to be scum", and he's going all in :haha:
TBH I have been waiting for like, months to get a chance to do this but I haven’t rolled scum in a bazillion years.
>bazillion isn't even a real number.
>you aren't real.
>you're mafia.
This made me lol.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

Post by novaselinenever »

1 hour without a post :disappoint:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I’m still not ready to dismiss juliets as a suspect.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But I don’ think Mongoose and juliets are compatible teammates, and I suspect Mongoose on an equal level with juliets.

I was honestly unable to follow a lot of the discussion over the last few pages. I did not sleep last night and I’m spending today in a tired daze, so don’t expect my brain to function properly until I’ve woken up tomorrow.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I have literally one moment: I never felt catastrophically about Colin, so I feel better about him in the moment . He came back, alert with alacrity and I appreciate that. Subject to change, just like any read.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

this thread activity is absolutely disgusting. let's talk about colin's appearance today. [mention]juliets[/mention] how do you feel about colin's contributions?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:14 pm But I don’ think Mongoose and juliets are compatible teammates, and I suspect Mongoose on an equal level with juliets.

I was honestly unable to follow a lot of the discussion over the last few pages. I did not sleep last night and I’m spending today in a tired daze, so don’t expect my brain to function properly until I’ve woken up tomorrow.
WAKE UP

now same question, how do you feel about colin?

if you had mongoose/colin/luna in a suspect pile, how would you rank them - starting from most likely to lynch to would lynch but after the other two.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:14 pm But I don’ think Mongoose and juliets are compatible teammates, and I suspect Mongoose on an equal level with juliets.

WAKE UP

if you had mongoose/colin/luna in a suspect pile, how would you rank them - starting from most likely to lynch to would lynch but after the other two.
I would feel I have insufficient data and would need to hear more than each of them. I didn’t see anything in Colin’s posts today that would exempt him from suspicion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:19 pm this thread activity is absolutely disgusting. let's talk about colin's appearance today. @juliets how do you feel about colin's contributions?
Let me relook at his posts in toto and I'll come back to you. It will only take a few minutes. You're right we need to get everyone talking.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:24 pm

WAKE UP

I would feel I have insufficient data and would need to hear more than each of them. I didn’t see anything in Colin’s posts today that would exempt him from suspicion.
don't squirt away from the q. gun to your head...rank them.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:29 pm

WAKE UP

mongoose
Colin
Luna

From most to least suspect
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 1]

Post by juliets »

I forgot about this post. Would a mafia vote "no lynch"? I don't see what that does for him if he is bad. Still reading, will be back.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:37 pm Okay I definitely will not have a chance to catch up. I am busy doing Charlie Work, so in good conscience I vote to punt.

[VOTE: NO LYNCH] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:35 pm I forgot about this post. Would a mafia vote "no lynch"? I don't see what that does for him if he is bad. Still reading, will be back.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:37 pm Okay I definitely will not have a chance to catch up. I am busy doing Charlie Work, so in good conscience I vote to punt.

Mafia would totally vote no lynch. Lynching is the only tool we have to kill mafia. With no lynches, mafia automatically wins.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

This is a clip from a larger post. I don't understand what you mean here Colin, could you fill me in?
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:33 am
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:07 pm i dunno guys, when i vote for someone, i usually have interest in them getting lynched especially when accompanied with rationale. but maybe i'm just mafiaing wrong. :p i'ma try it your way.

[VOTE: novaselinelover] aubergine
This is still a load of hot bullshit as I am not even the first person in the thread to make that point.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:33 pm

WAKE UP

mongoose
Colin
Luna

Of course, these three do not represent my top 3 suspects. Juliets would squeeze between Mongoose and Colin, and I’d put Mac in the same tier as Luna and Colin. I don’t feel bad about anything specific Luna has posted, but she hasn’t posted enough for me to feel very good about her.

Colin and Mac have said enough things, but neither of them have done anything to prove themselves as civilians.

Mongoose and juliets are the players I have distinct reasons to suspect.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:39 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:35 pm I forgot about this post. Would a mafia vote "no lynch"? I don't see what that does for him if he is bad. Still reading, will be back.

Mafia would totally vote no lynch. Lynching is the only tool we have to kill mafia. With no lynches, mafia automatically wins.
But Colin knows we know this. The question isn’t “would a No Lynch be advantageous to mafia?”, it’s “would ColinIsScum cast this vote knowing how it will be received?”

We immediately end up circling the drain of WIFOM. I think it’s a question worth asking, but I don’t think we should rely too heavily on that post alone when forming our reads on colin.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I don't like when people vote no lynch. DO NOT WANT.

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i'm going to be busy, i probably won't be around anymore.

in case i die, mongoose, colin, luna

kthx bye

linki - SAY IT ONE MORE TIME FOR THE PEOPLE AT THE BACK, LLAMA :workit:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:45 pm I don't like when people vote no lynch. DO NOT WANT.
I’ll co-sign this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If I die tonight, my first request is that we don’t drop juliets from the discussion. I am all alone in this camp right now. I don’t want it to die with me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:08 pm
dunya: I can not find a rhyme or reason to anything dunya does, which is NAI for me. I see a lot of changing opinions and a lot of seizing on small things to justify myriad votes but not a lot of progression or consistency in what she believes. I find her sprit vote especially distasteful and I honestly think she may have voted off me because of TMI. I would expect town dunya to tunnel me straight into Hell.

juliets: super authentic throughout. She is as town as it gets.

Lunalee: suspect numero uno. She is letting other people duke it out and get attention, even letting other people come up with her reads. I think she is flying under the radar by design.

M Plus 7/llama: null

MacDougall: I agreed with nova’s assessment re: convictions. Then I thought, hmm, his argument with nova feels legitimate, but Mac is a Bastard Man, so I can see him arguing very persuasively as scum.

Mongoose: also seems very authentic a la juliets. No qualms here and I struggle to see where everybody else’s come from

novaselinenever: solidly town imo. Totally different playstyle from Community, I agree a lot with what he says.

Sloonei: town, but beware of false prophets.

My top 3 are Luna, Mac and dunya. There ye be

So adding this post into the mix gives me a mixed bag on Colin. I like that he followed through with his decision to re-read the thread, I don't know that mafia would have done that. I think the no lynch vote reads civ, I like the nova read and the Mongoose read. I'm surprised he didn't have a read on llama yet even though llama hasn't said a whole lot. I like his Nova read.

On the other hand I hate his dunya read. I don't understand it. He says not finding rhyme or reason to anything she does is NAI but then goes on to say he reads her behavior as bad. I understand her sprityo vote and even though a lot of us voted sprityo it's not mentioned in any of the synopses of us.

I would leave him as third on my list at least until I can find a way to make that no lynch vote make sense.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:45 pm I don't like when people vote no lynch. DO NOT WANT.
I agree llama unless its a case like they just had in Gossip Girl. But how do you explain a mafia member voting no lynch? Two of them in fact if you think Colin and Mongoose are bad (the you in this sentence is not meant to mean you specifically).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:01 pm
I agree llama unless its a case like they just had in Gossip Girl. But how do you explain a mafia member voting no lynch? Two of them in fact if you think Colin and Mongoose are bad (the you in this sentence is not meant to mean you specifically).
I wish I was better at reading you. You always read the same to me. I do think it's unlikely that both mafia members would vote for No Lynch, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them did.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:59 pm
dunya: I can not find a rhyme or reason to anything dunya does, which is NAI for me. I see a lot of changing opinions and a lot of seizing on small things to justify myriad votes but not a lot of progression or consistency in what she believes. I find her sprit vote especially distasteful and I honestly think she may have voted off me because of TMI. I would expect town dunya to tunnel me straight into Hell.

Lunalee: suspect numero uno. She is letting other people duke it out and get attention, even letting other people come up with her reads. I think she is flying under the radar by design.

MacDougall: I agreed with nova’s assessment re: convictions. Then I thought, hmm, his argument with nova feels legitimate, but Mac is a Bastard Man, so I can see him arguing very persuasively as scum.

Mongoose: also seems very authentic a la juliets. No qualms here and I struggle to see where everybody else’s come from

novaselinenever: solidly town imo. Totally different playstyle from Community, I agree a lot with what he says.

So adding this post into the mix gives me a mixed bag on Colin. I like that he followed through with his decision to re-read the thread, I don't know that mafia would have done that. I think the no lynch vote reads civ, I like the nova read and the Mongoose read. I'm surprised he didn't have a read on llama yet even though llama hasn't said a whole lot. I like his Nova read.

On the other hand I hate his dunya read. I don't understand it. He says not finding rhyme or reason to anything she does is NAI but then goes on to say he reads her behavior as bad. I understand her sprityo vote and even though a lot of us voted sprityo it's not mentioned in any of the synopses of us.

I would leave him as third on my list at least until I can find a way to make that no lynch vote make sense.
Why do you think mafia colin would not have read the thread? If he wants to win this game, he needs to put in a representative effort.
What do you like about his nova and mongoose reads? Why is the no lynch vote a good look?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:33 pm

WAKE UP

mongoose
Colin
Luna

Of course, these three do not represent my top 3 suspects. Juliets would squeeze between Mongoose and Colin, and I’d put Mac in the same tier as Luna and Colin. I don’t feel bad about anything specific Luna has posted, but she hasn’t posted enough for me to feel very good about her.

Colin and Mac have said enough things, but neither of them have done anything to prove themselves as civilians.

Mongoose and juliets are the players I have distinct reasons to suspect.
Fuck

You

Dad
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

No, vaseline. Never!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hang on lemme start again
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei and Nova are bad.

Now kill meeeee
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:12 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Why do you think mafia colin would not have read the thread? If he wants to win this game, he needs to put in a representative effort.
What do you like about his nova and mongoose reads? Why is the no lynch vote a good look?
I just don't think a mafia would have put in that much effort, going through the whole thread again. My understand is this was a re-read, at least a good part of it. He could put in an effort without going through the whole thing again. I like his nova read because I agree nova is solidly town. I like his Mongoose read because I read her much the same way, only I have some doubt. And I can't understand why a mafia would vote no lynch. The mafia wants to get rid of civs so why wouldn't they vote for somebody? It just doesn't make sense to me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:16 pm Sloonei and Nova are bad.

Now kill meeeee
Why would we kill you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Are juliets and colin a compatible team?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:36 pm Are juliets and colin a compatible team?
Not unless Colin is civ.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:36 pm Are juliets and colin a compatible team?
Not unless Colin is civ.
Is he?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:18 pm [ And I can't understand why a mafia would vote no lynch. The mafia wants to get rid of civs so why wouldn't they vote for somebody? It just doesn't make sense to me.
I explained this to you literally ten seconds ago.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:03 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:01 pm
I wish I was better at reading you. You always read the same to me. I do think it's unlikely that both mafia members would vote for No Lynch, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them did.
llama are you calling this an explanation? I still don't understand why a baddie would vote no lynch.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:41 pm
Not unless Colin is civ.
Is he?
I have no clue.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:45 pm
Not unless Colin is civ.
Is he?
I have no clue.
Who would you say are your strongest reads, town or scum, in the game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:39 pm Mafia would totally vote no lynch. Lynching is the only tool we have to kill mafia. With no lynches, mafia automatically wins.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:51 pm
Not unless Colin is civ.
Is he?
I have no clue.
dunya as town is my strongest read

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Not unless Colin is civ.
Is he?
I have no clue.
No clue? Really? This whole game is about gathering clues. I'm surprised you don't lean one way or another on him at this point.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:52 pm
Not unless Colin is civ.
Is he?
I have no clue.
Any others you’d categorize as strong?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:54 pm
Not unless Colin is civ.
Is he?
I have no clue.
No clue? Really? This whole game is about gathering clues. I'm surprised you don't lean one way or another on him at this point.
I lean bad but thats not what Sloonei was asking. He was implying that I knew Colin's status because I know who's bad because I'm bad.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I’ll open my question up for everybody: who do we have the strongest reads on? Does anybody feel they have a strong scum read on someone?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:54 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:52 pm
Not unless Colin is civ.
Is he?
I have no clue.
Any others you’d categorize as strong?
dunya suggested I go through everyone and identify why I think they are town to see how strong my town reads are. I'm about to start doing that. I've already talked about my reads for bad - we've been talking about it all afternoon.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:58 pm
thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:54 pm
Not unless Colin is civ.
Is he?
I have no clue.
I lean bad but thats not what Sloonei was asking. He was implying that I knew Colin's status because I know who's bad because I'm bad.
I was not implying that. I just wanted a read.

Why do you lean bad? Your analysis seemed to favor a positive read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:59 pm I’ll open my question up for everybody: who do we have the strongest reads on? Does anybody feel they have a strong scum read on someone?
My current strongest baddie read is Luna.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:59 pm I’ll open my question up for everybody: who do we have the strongest reads on? Does anybody feel they have a strong scum read on someone?
Why? And how strong a read is it? Pick your own arbitary scale for measurement.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:04 pm
thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 pm
Why? And how strong a read is it? Pick your own arbitary scale for measurement.
Most of her posts have been to agree with other people while not adding any original thoughts. I thought her read of Dunya early on felt insincere, just copying what others have said. She read Colin as bad and then immediately turned around and said she didn't want to lynch him because she felt bad. She's also been very quiet during this night faze, which can happen if people are busy in BTSC and forget to post.

How strong is it? 3.5 out of 5.

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

if i die tonight sloonei and im not here to remind you: don't tunnel juliets. i trust my read in her completely now. trust my ability to tell apart the types of frustrations you mentioned.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I also have a strong town read on nova. I really liked the exercise he had me and dunya do with him this afternoon. I do wonder if dunya had not put a lock on Mac whether Mac would have come out in this bottom three. [mention]novaselinenever[/mention] did dunya convince you Mac is good or do you still have reservations about him?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”