Lady Godiva(HOST/DEAD/NON)
71%

Total votes: 14
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Golden »

It's only a terrible day if it ends badly.

Now its time for you to answer my questions overall, although you have begun to.

I didn't buy the Enrique suspicion on day one, but good catch on the misrepresentation. I don't mind people cutting bits our of quotes, but in this case the point of his response is to make your response look more minimal than it was.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:@MP - what I want to talk about is this.

You sound like civilian MP to me - thats the gth read I have of you - but I can't deny that others have raised points on you that are persuasive.

What I'd like to know from you is:

What are your current perceptions about who suspects you and why they suspect you?
Do you have responses to those suspicions?
Is there anyone whose suspicion of you, you find disingenuous?

Oh, and what do you think is up with the people thinking you have btsc with Russti when my perception is that the first time he posted you found him suspicious?
1) MacDougall - I still believe he is genuine, but I look forward to hearing from him in non-limerick form so he can elaborate on what he's said during Day 2. During Day 1, I definitely perceived him as genuine. He engaged me actively about his suspicions, and although they're wrong and he seems to have firmly held onto them, he listened to what I had to say. It's part of why I read him as my top civilian read.

2) Enrique - Well, as you can see, I think he is generating content throughout Day 2 that I just do not believe in. His non-MP opinions expressed earlier reek of low-hanging fruit and I still cannot believe he snipped my quote, since I firmly believe he had the intent to misrepresent me in doing so.

3) Metalmarsh - Not sure what to make of him... which I suppose doesn't surprise me. I'd still GTH him town though.

4) zebra - She hasn't really voiced suspicion of me other than to express that she feels I'm being manipulative specifically with regards to her. I'm not entirely sure what to make of that. My initial gut instinct was to react as though she was being manipulative, but I actively recognize that could be paranoia. I need to engage with her on the subject.

I believe I've adequately addressed/responded to all of their suspicions and posts.

Golden, what points do you find persuasive and why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:It's only a terrible day if it ends badly.

Now its time for you to answer my questions overall, although you have begun to.

I didn't buy the Enrique suspicion on day one, but good catch on the misrepresentation. I don't mind people cutting bits our of quotes, but in this case the point of his response is to make your response look more minimal than it was.
Not so; every day that we fail to spur good discussion is a missed opportunity.

You're right though that we still could salvage something good out of the lynch mechanic, but I cannot believe how silent this thread went.

Let me know if you have further questions. Let's compare rainbows. I'm going to work on a new one now. :nicenod:

I'm glad you agree with me, since I feared I was letting tunnelling MP take over, but I really just cannot fathom how what Enrique did there was innocent. It seems like a calculated misrepresentation of my response to Russ in order to put more heat on me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote: I totally see what you're saying yo
Particularly how MP just let's it go
When you look closer you can see
How this tactic came out of BTSC
It just doesn't have any flow
I'm not convinced you actually believe this. Convince me.
Explaining would be hard for me
The part about the btsc
Suffice to say
If I survive today
I will explain what it is that I see

I will be voting for enrique
I haven't got all day
My initial suspicion
Is enough ammunition
For this lynch to fire away
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:It's only a terrible day if it ends badly.

Not so; every day that we fail to spur good discussion is a missed opportunity.

You're right though that we still could salvage something good out of the lynch mechanic, but I cannot believe how silent this thread went.

Let me know if you have further questions. Let's compare rainbows. I'm going to work on a new one now. :nicenod:

I'm glad you agree with me, since I feared I was letting tunnelling MP take over, but I really just cannot fathom how what Enrique did there was innocent. It seems like a calculated misrepresentation of my response to Russ in order to put more heat on me.
On day 1 many votes were not cast
The punishment is a pain in the ass
It would be easier for me
To post less frequently
I assume others have also been tasked
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote: I totally see what you're saying yo
Particularly how MP just let's it go
When you look closer you can see
How this tactic came out of BTSC
It just doesn't have any flow
I'm not convinced you actually believe this. Convince me.
Explaining would be hard for me
The part about the btsc
Suffice to say
If I survive today
I will explain what it is that I see

I will be voting for enrique
I haven't got all day
My initial suspicion
Is enough ammunition
For this lynch to fire away
:beer:

I cannot believe your ability to craft these posts; I would have struggled to just come up with one. :clap:

You seem to indicate you are voting Enrique purely as a result of your initial suspicion. So I would ask you if you find value in my recent observation of Enrique's post on me and Russ, but don't feel obligated to come up with another poem for it. You can always let me know when you can talk normally again.

I look forward to your thoughts soon.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Night 1]

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:MPs wall of text is a carefully constructed magnum opus designed to ensure players constantly over-analyse Zebra's posts I reckon. It's a genius scum play because Zebra is eminently lynchable early game yet here has a load of town reads so by doing so Zebra is quite likely to start doing things to raise the ire of other vociferous players. What a smart way to knock off the dominant town player.

MP you devilish fiend.

linki: Yes. I had a leadership seminar at work that I couldn't sneakily play Mafia instead of attending.
This is the first post of yours, Mac, where I feel you're exhibiting tunneling.

Can you elaborate upon why you made that interpretation of my post?

What are your other thoughts? (although I may run into them as I catch up, so ignore if necessary)
I accept your opinion on me
Quite frankly it's not hard to see
There ain't much to gain
When I am told it's insane
To say evil you could possibly be

In response to your linki
I read your posts but it's easy
To say my own case
Is the reason I raise
And move all in and vote Enrique
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 2 MP rainbow reads list:

MacDougall

bcornett24
Golden
Sorsha -- (moved UP from slight town to moderate town read)

a2thezebra
Black Rock
Canucklehead
Dom -- (moved UP from slight mafia to slight town read)
Dragon D. Luffy
Elohcin
Metalmarsh89
sig
Simon

Bass_the_Clever -- (moved DOWN from slight town to slight mafia read)
Bubbles
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Glorfindel
Luke11646
Mishimeals
NANANANANANA_BANANA
nijuukyugou
Savage
TheFloyd73

Roxy -- (moved DOWN from slight mafia to moderate mafia read)
Russtifinko

no strong mafia reads

Enrique -- (moved DOWN from strong mafia to VERY STRONG mafia read)

Players are arranged alphabetically within groups.

I made only a handful of changes because there's hardly any new content by which to judge almost anyone... and there are still way too many low posters. :disappoint:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey, YOU, player reading and hardly posting.

Guess what?

You're a low poster.
You hear me? You will be feeling the heat. You better participate soon. NOT posting is NOT a strategy to play the game, regardless of your alignment. :srsnod:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

My scum read on MP has changed
I checked and I don't think it's strange
For his posts to appear
Like his intentions aren't clear
Cuz Jawas and Raiders engage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:My scum read on MP has changed
I checked and I don't think it's strange
For his posts to appear
Like his intentions aren't clear
Cuz Jawas and Raiders engage
Stop it! You trying to get me killed? :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I'm going to get some more work done. I really wanted to vote and then leave, but it appears almost no one is here, and I want to at least hear from Enrique before I cast my vote for him, on the off chance he can show me some way that I'm being unreasonable (spoiler alert: I doubt it).

I'll pop back on here in a bit, but not for more than like 10-15 minutes.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh I appreciate your gesture
But I question your motive is pleasure
What better way is there
To not chase scum with vigour
Than to post hard to read literature

MP I must stop playing you see
Each limerick is a challenge to me
The same could be said
About me being dead
As a result of your read on me
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Yeah, I think you are barking up the wrong tree thinking MP is independent. I think he is pure civ, thats my gth.

I would guess its possible that Enrique's read on Russti is correct. I could see him being a jawa or raider, it does make sense of his stuff about Tattooine (particular when Enrique talks about the Hutt's being unlikely to be so obvious).

@MP - the most convincing points I've seen against you are that your caution against people seeing zebra as civ could come from genuine baddie motives of not wanting people to get comfortable with her, and also that points that you've made which suggest you've missed things in the thread can be easily explained away by the fact you don't have a lot of time and are skimming, but that could also be a convenient benefit of your rl situation.

I could see these things being a little reflective of the tactical you I remember from Roger Rabbit.

But I don't think they are. I get quite a genuine vibe from you.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 64

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Glorfindel »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:You have votes from Dom (5), Roxy (7), Glorfindel (13), Dragon D. Luffy (14), nijuukyugou (15), Golden (18), Sorsha (22) as of right now.

Of those only 2 have actually read the thread. There has been little to no activity from Dom (5), Roxy (7), Glorfindel (13), nijuukyugou (15), or Sorsha (22).
So that brings me to my next point. Elo said yesterday she believed most mafiosos were among lurkers.
I'm sorry but an assertion like this is borderline absurd. I've yet to play in a Mafia game yet where this happened. This is without much doubt one of the lamest attempts at diverting attention to somewhat hapless new players I've seen. Sure, we're a little disoriented playing with people and rules with which we are largely unfamiliar and it's easy to make us look guilty. I'd be really surprised if any of the experienced non-Mafia players here would take any of this seriously and further, it REALLY does little for the credibility of the person making such assertions.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I haven't done an ISO on them, but Glorfindel's vote catches my attention because of his complete lack of explanation of it at the time. He just came in, dropped a vote in the highest voted person at the time and left without saying a thing. Not sure about the others.
Are you able to provide an accurate list of the sequence of the votes on Matt F's bandwagon? I for one would be interested to see it. I don't recall there were so many votes on it when I voted. And AGAIN (because I obviously didn't explain it sufficiently well the first time...) I was at work on Friday and I'd lost track of the deadline. I think when I voted it was only about an hour and a half to go and I simply didn't have the time to detail the explanation for my vote on him - not that there was one - I just thought he came across as suspicious from the tone of his posts. I'm struggling enough with this game thank you very much! I'd appreciate it if you'd grant me the courtesy of cutting me just a little bit of slack as a consequence :shrug:
Glorfindel,

Do you suspect DDL for this line of questioning?

Re: underlined, who's "us"?

Also, re: your question about the vote sequence, have you seen the Polls thread?
No, not necessarily. I do however find experienced players casting shade on newbie players (who by the very nature of them being new severely restricts their ability to contribute in a constructive way) to be inherently suspicious. Oh, and please don't make the mistake of assuming that you, yourself did precisely the same thing...

'Us' is a reference to Savage and all those others for whom this might be one of their first on this site. I'd have thought that reference to have been self evident and I am now trying to consider how you could've interpreted it any other way?

And yes, if you'd read the last page, you'd have seen that question had already been answered which again has me questioning your attention on me...

As for my thoughts, I don't know. Early on, I really liked Golden. His posts resonated with me and I'd read him to be total Town. After reading his more recent posts though, I'm beginning to have some doubts. Enrique, again, originally he seemed suspicious to me then he started to read more Town and now I find my support for him slipping a little. No one (at this stage of the game) stands out as being particularly bad. I have a presentation for work this morning and preparation to do for it beforehand so from very shortly, I will be absent until the end of this day phase. Accordingly, I will need to place my vote earlier than I'd otherwise prefer. Let me read a little more...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:Yeah, I think you are barking up the wrong tree thinking MP is independent. I think he is pure civ, thats my gth.

I would guess its possible that Enrique's read on Russti is correct. I could see him being a jawa or raider, it does make sense of his stuff about Tattooine (particular when Enrique talks about the Hutt's being unlikely to be so obvious).

@MP - the most convincing points I've seen against you are that your caution against people seeing zebra as civ could come from genuine baddie motives of not wanting people to get comfortable with her, and also that points that you've made which suggest you've missed things in the thread can be easily explained away by the fact you don't have a lot of time and are skimming, but that could also be a convenient benefit of your rl situation.

I could see these things being a little reflective of the tactical you I remember from Roger Rabbit.

But I don't think they are. I get quite a genuine vibe from you.
I don't think it's a sure thing
But it's possible so I will bring
Some discerning Mac play
Rather than spending all day
Tunneling a player nobody will fling
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also @ MP - I'm afraid I don't have time to do another rainbow today, but I'll promise you one on day 3.

I don't remember where I had people yesterday but I can think of, briefly, Roxy, Sorsha, Glorfindel and Enrique as being people who have given me reason to reconsider their position on the rainbow today (if I could remember where I had them before).

Sorsha feels a bit town. I'm feeling ok about Roxy, she has been explaining her thoughts. Sure, Roxy can give a lot of reads when she wants to, but civ or bad she does it on her own time and agenda and won't be cajoled by anybody. Glorfindel's posts seem very self-preservationist - I wouldn't say that gives me a scum read, though. No more than a very slight scum read, at least. It is balanced out somewhat by me thinking he is raising good points and I understand where he is coming from. Enrique, at this point, I would be willing to vote for.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Enrique »

MP, keep in mind I was making a post about Russ. I cut the quote because that part wouldn't be relevant until Russ answered. I don't understand the misrepresentation here anyway? You're completely letting his vote slide, and so casually. The second part is still important, but don't tell me you don't find everything before that weird as shit. His vote didn't seem to serve any purpose other than to stir shit. Just go over his post and tell me how many times he has directly mentioned you. But he has read the thread and he knows that your names are often brought up together. There are no good intentions behind "How's that for baddie distancing?".

As I've stated, my post was about Russ. Everything seemed off on his end, and I even thought he might be trying to link your names for his own convenience, but you just going "Aight!" on his out of nowhere bullshit vote made me do a little more than just raise an eyebrow and I think it definitely was worth pointing out.

This is in no way comparable to Mac and I on Day 1. Those were completely unintelligible accusations against me, that I still have no idea how anyone expected me to defend (and to be perfectly honest, was not expecting to come up again at all after that exchange was done).

Before going into questioning mode, MP, what do you think about Russ voting for you? Why do you think he did it? And why hasn't he answered you? Where is he now?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If I die after all of this trying
In real life I will also be dying
There's a bridge near here
And the motive is clear
Forums mafia caused my family's crying
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

... oh gee, wowie, that's like twice the linki / unread posts that I thought I had.

linki- no mac :(
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique I would like to see
What your alignment is going to be
I feel pretty good
That you are a hood
Here's a rope can you tie it for me?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here are my top suspects going into Day 2 (in no particular order) and why:

1) MovingPictures07 - As I stated before, I don't like his comment about the timing of my Day 1 vote.

2) Bass_the_Clever - He said it takes him a while to get a grip on my alignment. That doesn't line up at all with our previous games' interactions.

3) MacDougall - This one isn't strong, but he was pretty carefree before I voted for him on Day 1, and got serious after I voted for him.

4) Nanana_Banana - He's done nothing but visit Tattooine.

5) Roxy - I agree with zebra about Roxy's vote (but not about Dom's). She offered a little disclaimer that Matt looked mildly suspicious for his Day 0 vote, and no such additionaly comments about any other player she talked about, yet coincidentally random'd on him Day 1.

6) a2thezebra - she is trying too hard and posting too much and is bad.
Did you not see my response?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here is where zebra brought it up the first time, directly after I placed my vote.

Here is where zebra brought it back up for discussion, about 12 hours or so later.

Golden and MP chimed in immediately with regards to my vote in response to zebra's comment. MacDougall did too, but he was the victim, and this wasn't his first mention either.

Golden - Well Golden had one post in between when the vote happened and when zebra recently brought it up. Also his response read sincere to me.

MP - On the other hand, MP had 7 posts after it happened and before zebra brought it up. Not only that, but this was MP's response. He didn't comment on it before (not until zebra brought it up saying she was bothered by it). MP agreed he was also bothered by it, though admitted to not knowing how to handle it. But he also awkwardly used the word "also" twice at the very beginning of this post. It looks like sentence restructuring, meaning MP was trying to pick his words.
Metalmarsh89, you're missing something important here that negates your analysis about my response to your vote. The reason I hadn't pushed you on your vote was because between the time of your vote and this post about an hour later, I had not posted.

Why is that latter post important? Because you said you made your vote for observance. I thus did not feel it necessary to press you on it at that time. But when zebra kept going on about your vote, I wanted to make it clear that I was also bothered by your quick vote.

As to my "also" wording, I made that post in a rush, and if anything that blunder should indicate I gave too little thought to my post wording, rather than the alternative.

If you still have concerns, let me know.
Seems I missed it.

My point still stands; if you saw the second post that you linked from me an hour after my vote, why did you come into the thread later and say you didn't like my vote?

As for the "also" thing, fair enough. It could go either way.

Linki: wtf

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote:Metalmarsh I appreciate your gesture
But I question your motive is pleasure
What better way is there
To not chase scum with vigour
Than to post hard to read literature

MP I must stop playing you see
Each limerick is a challenge to me
The same could be said
About me being dead
As a result of your read on me
I think you should all stop and look
I believe we have found a crook
Would a civ player really
Jokingly post unclearly
It's one straight out the book
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here are my top suspects going into Day 2 (in no particular order) and why:

1) MovingPictures07 - As I stated before, I don't like his comment about the timing of my Day 1 vote.

2) Bass_the_Clever - He said it takes him a while to get a grip on my alignment. That doesn't line up at all with our previous games' interactions.

3) MacDougall - This one isn't strong, but he was pretty carefree before I voted for him on Day 1, and got serious after I voted for him.

4) Nanana_Banana - He's done nothing but visit Tattooine.

5) Roxy - I agree with zebra about Roxy's vote (but not about Dom's). She offered a little disclaimer that Matt looked mildly suspicious for his Day 0 vote, and no such additionaly comments about any other player she talked about, yet coincidentally random'd on him Day 1.

6) a2thezebra - she is trying too hard and posting too much and is bad.
Did you not see my response?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here is where zebra brought it up the first time, directly after I placed my vote.

Here is where zebra brought it back up for discussion, about 12 hours or so later.

Golden and MP chimed in immediately with regards to my vote in response to zebra's comment. MacDougall did too, but he was the victim, and this wasn't his first mention either.

Golden - Well Golden had one post in between when the vote happened and when zebra recently brought it up. Also his response read sincere to me.

MP - On the other hand, MP had 7 posts after it happened and before zebra brought it up. Not only that, but this was MP's response. He didn't comment on it before (not until zebra brought it up saying she was bothered by it). MP agreed he was also bothered by it, though admitted to not knowing how to handle it. But he also awkwardly used the word "also" twice at the very beginning of this post. It looks like sentence restructuring, meaning MP was trying to pick his words.
Metalmarsh89, you're missing something important here that negates your analysis about my response to your vote. The reason I hadn't pushed you on your vote was because between the time of your vote and this post about an hour later, I had not posted.

Why is that latter post important? Because you said you made your vote for observance. I thus did not feel it necessary to press you on it at that time. But when zebra kept going on about your vote, I wanted to make it clear that I was also bothered by your quick vote.

As to my "also" wording, I made that post in a rush, and if anything that blunder should indicate I gave too little thought to my post wording, rather than the alternative.

If you still have concerns, let me know.
Seems I missed it.

My point still stands; if you saw the second post that you linked from me an hour after my vote, why did you come into the thread later and say you didn't like my vote?

As for the "also" thing, fair enough. It could go either way.

Linki: wtf
And now you have failed to produce
A limerick, so it was a ruse?
You told me you'd share
A plight b'yond compare
Yet first chance to get you refuse
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I changed my mind Mac. Do you have a problem with that?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Savage
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Savage »

Sorry for the shit activity. Not much to read but there's a bunch of big post(too lazy). To try to compensate I will attempt to jump in right now...
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MacDougall wrote:Enrique I would like to see
What your alignment is going to be
I feel pretty good
That you are a hood
Here's a rope can you tie it for me?
... am I being accused of being in the KKK?

I don't know what you mean here, but as for something you said before. "Not all BTSC is made equal." Were you talking about Greedo? Because that's the only slightly exceptional thing I could find.

I think it's unlikely for Russ to be a Hutt tbh. Being so blunt about wanting to go to Jabba's palace from the start would've been a really silly move if he was. Can you elaborate on what you think is happening there?
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I changed my mind Mac. Do you have a problem with that?
How evil for you to attack me
With my limited ways to combat thee
Let me count the ways
Of scum in your plays
Doubtable things you have said count three

Enrique you have to be kidding
To expect me to do your bidding
It would take many words
I would rather eat curds
I hope this response is fitting
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Was curds really the word you were looking for?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Glorfindel »

OK, this is ridiculous. I'm totally torn here. I don't feel remotely comfortable voting for someone that I don't feel is conclusively Mafia but again, I'm left with no time. I'm going to vote for Russtifinko if for no other reason that he doesn't appear (to me) to be an influential player here and his alignment might reveal something conclusive in respect of the whole MP/Enrique mess...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden you are an asshole
If it were you I would console
Pointing out one line
Of largely quality rhyme
Making these is taking it's toll

Linki: Glorfindel has been pingy
But that post is just stinky
Casting a vote
For a player of note
Would be better what's wrong with Enrique?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

:p

Mac, you are a trooper. I tried to respond to you in a limerick yesterday just for fun and because I thought it might make you feel better, but I completely failed to figure one out.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Oh so Mac voted for me. That's what the post was about.

Alright so hopefully I'll live long enough to get an explanation.

linki- whats the deal with u. I didn't realize this was happening at all from your limericks.
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Day 2 MP rainbow reads list:

MacDougall

bcornett24
Golden
Sorsha -- (moved UP from slight town to moderate town read)

a2thezebra
Black Rock
Canucklehead
Dom -- (moved UP from slight mafia to slight town read)
Dragon D. Luffy
Elohcin
Metalmarsh89
sig
Simon

Bass_the_Clever -- (moved DOWN from slight town to slight mafia read)
Bubbles
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Glorfindel
Luke11646
Mishimeals
NANANANANANA_BANANA
nijuukyugou
Savage
TheFloyd73

Roxy -- (moved DOWN from slight mafia to moderate mafia read)
Russtifinko

no strong mafia reads

Enrique -- (moved DOWN from strong mafia to VERY STRONG mafia read)

Players are arranged alphabetically within groups.

I made only a handful of changes because there's hardly any new content by which to judge almost anyone... and there are still way too many low posters. :disappoint:
Not that I mind being green on these rainbow lists but what made me move up when I've barely been posting anything at all this phase?

I have no idea who I'm going to vote for today :shrug2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique wrote:Oh so Mac voted for me. That's what the post was about.

Alright so hopefully I'll live long enough to get an explanation.

linki- whats the deal with u. I didn't realize this was happening at all from your limericks.
:stare:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 153

Post by sig »

I'm not liking Glorfindels post right know, he keeps referring to himself as a new player, while he is new to this website he isn't new to mafia at all. He also never answered my question.
@Glor please answer my question your posts are starting to make me uncomfortably.

I will once again be voting for enrique I believe he is scum, his posts today has just reinforced this.
enrique
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@Dragon could you explain your vote?

Also the Bass voters why are you lynching Bass today?
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 226

Post by Dom »

Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:No dead people?

Cool beans.
Agreed, but what's up with this Matt F stuff? :ponder:
Whatever it was it was damn creepy.

My guess is it has something to do with the Imperial secret roles? IIRC Palpatine tempts Anakin with the ability to "cheat death" through the Dark Side of the Force, which fits right into Vader and Sidious' secret roles. Then there's the issue that they failed to kill tonight, maybe meaning they could only use one power or the other?

Speculation: The Empire can recruit deadies into their BTSC for... some purpose, but that would explain the "And you're going to help me!" in the post.
What do we all think of this?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:
Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

Cool beans.

My guess is it has something to do with the Imperial secret roles? IIRC Palpatine tempts Anakin with the ability to "cheat death" through the Dark Side of the Force, which fits right into Vader and Sidious' secret roles. Then there's the issue that they failed to kill tonight, maybe meaning they could only use one power or the other?

Speculation: The Empire can recruit deadies into their BTSC for... some purpose, but that would explain the "And you're going to help me!" in the post.
The rules say that team PMs are not permitted. I would imagine that the Stormtrooper would perform the kills for the Empire since he is vanilla otherwise, and forget to send his PM in.

Hosts: do failed (or blocked or whatever) nightkills show up in the night post?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also, considering the planet might blow up today, I'm surprised players are waiting so long to place their votes. Day ends in about 2 hours.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Elohcin »

I am voting for Zebra. I don't feel like her vote for Bass is genuine.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote:I am voting for Zebra. I don't feel like her vote for Bass is genuine.
What gives you that feeling?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

Cool beans.

The rules say that team PMs are not permitted. I would imagine that the Stormtrooper would perform the kills for the Empire since he is vanilla otherwise, and forget to send his PM in.

Hosts: do failed (or blocked or whatever) nightkills show up in the night post?

I dunno, do they?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So... I have even less time than I thought. I'm voting Enrique. I'll see if I can read before the deadline, but I'm increasingly doubting it.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

I hope the voter turnout is better next november
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Sorsha »

I am voting for Elohcin. I don't feel like her vote for zebra is genuine.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I voted Bass.

I'm suspicious of both him and Enrique, but ultimately I want to resolve the Bass situation slightly more, and I think tying it up potentially leads to more meaningful results from future votes.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Thank you all for making that catch up less painful - grading for three hours straight will turn one's brain into jelly, fast :huh: Busy weekend for all of us, I suppose.

As usual, I am posting and reading around dinnertime, which means I'm fighting my hunger pangs and the deadline (and the added incentive not to be last to vote), so I'll try to make this quick.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:So I just looked at the tally... Matt F has 5 votes and is in danger zone. One of those votes is from Glorfindel. Where did Glorfindel post anything regarding his vote? Did I miss it? If not, consider me alarmed.
That makes the third vote for Matt F that I am uncomfortable with. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm officially not voting for him. Most of the wagon is just too easy.
This is absurd. You had been posting consistently about Matt F. You made some really great points. Yet when others vote there you get "uncomfortable" with your own suspicion? Why when it was so consistent and on point? Instead you vote Bass who you, yourself said you wanted to wait for another response from him. Your meaningless vote after the whole day of iso's and suspicions felt like a big cop out.
Then after Matt's reveal you come out with tons of excuses and guns blazing against Golden bc he did not push Bass more - huh? Why does what Golden does or votes make so much of a difference with how you vote? Why is it Golden's fault Bass did not get lynched?
bcornett24 wrote:You have votes from Dom (5), Roxy (7), Glorfindel (13), Dragon D. Luffy (14), nijuukyugou (15), Golden (18), Sorsha (22) as of right now.

Of those only 2 have actually read the thread. There has been little to no activity from Dom (5), Roxy (7), Glorfindel (13), nijuukyugou (15), or Sorsha (22).

Already painting people as bad before the lynch is even over. :ponder: Sounds like someone wants the ball to roll at Matt voters vs the others. Why? You did not even know Matt''s alignment yet.
sig wrote:Well not bad for Day 1, though I don't like how quickly Matt's wagon developed and the amount of low posters who voted for him.

linki: No he isn't Golden read the EU :fist:

Too bad so sad. :p
Elohcin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Nicely done all you Matt voters. :clap:
However this doesn't really give us any information on who the baddies are as he was alone/no btsc.

I think it could give us info, if not now later.

I am now caught up.

If people want to find me suspicious bc my random landed on Matt F so be it. Can't really defend against that suspicion - but maybe thats your point. :nicenod:
Consider me a bit pinged by Roxy's lack of substantive opinions about anyone, even after admitting she is caught up. Roxy can be pretty opinionated... and she's had hundreds of posts to read and form opinions off of. Why nothing?

She seems to throw some gunk here at zebra, but despite all of the questions, it seems to lack conviction... she doesn't even say she suspects her.

What does everyone else think?
While I don't feel like I have a really strong grip on Roxy's game (I feel like I play her games more often than actually playing with her), I agree that her responses were less opinionated than I'm used to, especially since she says she's been catching up and that part of her own defense of herself was that she was salty about Zebra accusing her of not reading carefully. I feel like she'd have something stronger to say than defending herself. My reservation is RL circumstances that may prevent said opinions about other players from coming through, but then again, if there was time to defend, there was time to play offense, too. I feel pinged, but not strongly enough to give her a vote today.

MP, I'mma be honest - something about your play is making me suspicious of you. You are asking lots of questions of the thread and giving advice like you want to appear you're doing it for the "good of the team/civs," but it looks disingenuous to me. Mac made a comment about your advice regarding the trust of zebra, and while I agree with said advice with trusting people, I also agree that you seem to be trying to draw negative attention to her oh-so-subtly. Perhaps it's just that I haven't played with you in a while. Perhaps I'm just following your advice to watch out for "trustworthy" players :P But perhaps it's also reminding me of a game where you were manipulatively bad (Roger Rabbit, maybe?). However, this is such a tenuous suspicion/ping and I need to gather more information. Consider yourself in the orange zone, if I were so inclined to make a rainbow list.

As for people I actually would vote today, I'm leaning towards either Enrique or Bass. Bass' play looks like what I've experienced as his baddie self - low number of posts, just enough to stay in, without much substance. He doesn't post much with any alignment, but I agree with others that his response to suspicions against him, which was simply laughing it off and calling himself busy, looked pretty terrible. It's not like his posting is so markedly low that he had to defend himself like that, so I thought that was weird as crap. His suspicion of Zebra looks contrived, especially since her suspicion is of low posters like him. As for Enrique, while I didn't understand the heat he was taking Day 1, today he looks flounder-y, especially after being called out for clipping the conversation between MP and Russ, which makes me think he's got something to hide. My argument and suspicion of Bass is stronger after writing that out, so I'll vote there. And now I can go cook before I pass out from hunger - hooray!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sorsha wrote:I am voting for Elohcin. I don't feel like her vote for zebra is genuine.
Elohcin wrote:I am voting for Zebra. I don't feel like her vote for Bass is genuine.
Same language to the word, does this ping anyone else?
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”