Total votes: 13
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I looked more closely at Martin. I have no "gripes". The posts emphasize strategic dialogue so far, so I couldn't provide a confident town read. I am not bothered either.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:26 am
fwiw, i kind of doubt that this is how jagged would react to his partner being pressured this early into the game. jagged sticking his neck out for a player that everyone scumreads would be such a blatant angle for jagged to take with his partner that it feels unlikely. but the fact that i dont particularly tr sloonei/jagged yet is genuinely concerning to me
this sounds almost identical to a post you made in finale lol. i hope you're right
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:28 am I don't get the commotion about Sloonei tbh, I believe that he believes in his read. :P
What makes you believe him?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

for the record, my scum read of sloonei is really not simply based on his townread of me, it's a bit more nuanced than that and I'm not sure I can articulate it better than "gut" and "tone" and "feeling" but I just.... don't sense town sloonei
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

Lol crosspost nutella :p
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:34 am
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:28 am I don't get the commotion about Sloonei tbh, I believe that he believes in his read. :P
What makes you believe him?
I "get" his thought process, it doesn't seem like a stretch to me. I wouldn't townread him for that, but clearly don't share the ~general scumread he got for this read.
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 447
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:23 am
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:18 am jay, can i get some more non-sloonei related thoughts please? do you have any reads besides not trusting alison?
tutuu is town. You're town. I think SPF seems town. The more careful language there is deliberate.

I am not conclusively town on nutella, for similar reasons to Alison albeit with a weaker stance on my part. Her suspicion of Sloonei is almost token; I don't know why she was suspicious of you or opened with the dichotomous read between you and Sloonei. There's a hint of caricature in her posts.

I'm still processing stuff.
i don’t mean to toot my own horn or flex or anything but it’s... kinda weird to me that you would confidently declare me town so early when i was able to fool you in finals. you’re not paranoid of me at all? like, what makes me such an obvious villager to you here? why am i out of my scum range?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:24 am
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:21 am i also basically accused sloonei of making up that read. am i fake? and what’s your read on martin then?
Nah. Alison said it first and it fit into your preconception of Sloonei being suspicious, and I sense innocent bias in that. I have no idea about Martin.
you’re too trusting of me
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:25 am So far I feel like Thunal is really reserved. There's a kind of weirdish balance between very specific reactions and general agreeing/bouncing off that feels a bit like ~blending in.
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:00 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:54 pm I also think I can town-lean Thunal33 so far.

His explanation didn't match what I think a scum would be possibly inclined to say.
What do you think a scum would be inclined to say?
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:24 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:06 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:56 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:54 pm I also think I can town-lean Thunal33 so far.

His explanation didn't match what I think a scum would be possibly inclined to say.
can you expand on this a little bit more? how would you expect scum to react to your question, and how did her answer differ?
I think a scum would point to my aforementioned level of experience in FM games with regards to my comfort level in response. As in, that would be the easy argument to make; a new player who's scum may be more uncomfortable than most players.

Instead, Thunal33 starts talking about themselves in comparison, and that's why they think my comfort level can be AI at the moment.

As to whether that's something they can do as part of one's "scumrange", I don't know and time will tell.

For the moment though, I think that process of thought or reasoning was more likely to be from town than scum.
That makes sense, I don't think I would talk about how I'm often nervous at the start as scum if I'm nervous scum.
The second post (it's the answer to post #1) feels really weird. It's like, acknowledging it for the sake of acknowledging it and the way Thunal is agreeing with the townread on her doesn't feel super natural, especially since the initial question was not answered.
i like how unique this take is. interested in seeing more
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:26 am
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:16 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:07 am
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:03 am i don’t really get what that post is supposed to illustrate. the crux of my issue with sloonei’s read is not that i doubt he, as town, has moments where he “corrects the record” about where his reads are. my issue is that just because he sometimes does that as town doesn’t mean that he should see nut doing it and read her town for her it because doing something as town is not the same thing as that thing being town indicative. scum can easily correct wrong assumptions about what their reads are too. that’s my issue with it. that it feels like a made up reason to tr someone, not that he has, in the past, done it as town. so that post doesn’t really tell me anything. what would be more telling is if there’s a post that shows town!him reading someone else town for doing what he tr nut for. does that make sense? like idk, how does the post you linked address the complaint we have with sloonei’s read iyo?
If Sloonei knows he is capable of doing [what he perceived nutella to be doing] as town, particularly when that very thing got him a rash of erroneous shit in the finale, then he is capable of seeing a town nutella as a product of that parallel. If Sloonei is town he senses a certain frankness from nutella that indicates she is not averse to stating what could be viewed as a "backtrack" or a "posture" in the eyes of some people -- e.g. "I was making posts that could be construed as favorable for Jack, but I don't town read him" --> That is going to draw the ire of civilians. It did draw the ire of civilians, because it is easy to misconstrue. nutella did essentially the same thing, and indeed tutuu's initial question in response mirrored my own intuitive reaction. I thought nutella was calling Sloonei a town read myself. She clarified otherwise, some people might read it as a backtrack, Sloonei recognized the progression in his own process, and liked what he saw. I don't think that's bad.
okay. i can sort of see what you’re saying about this? but i still don’t quite buy it, and i wish that you had let sloonei clarify his thought process further instead of answering for him. i recognize you were trying to answer me but perhaps holding off until sloonei explained himself would have been better because that may not have been his thought process and if he’s scum you’re giving him the script now
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:08 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:04 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:59 am I don't trust Alison.
any particular reason why? i actually don't townread her yet either, and the only reason that's concerning to me is that she almost immediately became obvious town to me in radiohead
Her initial reads bug me a bit. "Martin already pocketed me" / "Sloonei is making things up" -- there's a hint of "bravado", for lack of a better term, in the tone of those reads that I don't think fits the situation.
seems par for the course for alison. she always states her reads with that kind of tone in my experience. how is it different from town!alison iyo?
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:11 am jagged, what's your gth read on sloonei based on the content we have from him so far? i get the sense that you want to defend him, but i find it interesting that you're not particularly taking a stance on his alignment one way or the other
im scared we’re finally in a jay/sloonei w/w nightmare world
fwiw, i kind of doubt that this is how jagged would react to his partner being pressured this early into the game. jagged sticking his neck out for a player that everyone scumreads would be such a blatant angle for jagged to take with his partner that it feels unlikely. but the fact that i dont particularly tr sloonei/jagged yet is genuinely concerning to me
i normally might agree with that but 1) this is jay, and i think he will go out of his way more to protect teammates than most scum would and 2) the person he’s defending is sloonei, who he has a reputation of being able to soul read and he knows people are likely to follow it

i can easily see a world where it’s scum!jay pocketing a vulnerable town!sloonei though. or scum!sloonei who town!jay hasn’t yet caught. or maybe both are town. its too early to know obviously but i did get a bad feeling from how quickly jay jumped in to speak on sloonei’s behalf without actually tr’ing sloonei or letting sloonei speak first
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:30 am Hally why did you townread Alison?
because i agree with her reads so far
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I asked myself to try to split the game at least 6-6 between town-inclined reads and not-town-inclined reads. The latter shouldn't be perceived as "suspicion" as much as "I am less confident they're town than the 6 above them". I chose the 6-6 split arbitrarily; I like to set some kind of numeral goal. I'll have to figure out if the unusual mechanics impact the standard approach to POE pool sizes.

+
tutuu
Hally
Thunal33
staypositivefriend
MartinGG99
Sloonei

Not +
Long Con
NANOOK
novaselinenever
nutella
Alison
Carotte

The names within groups are not ordered. The player I immediately find myself conflicted over is nutella. I like her energy level and engagement, and will have to reconcile that with my gripes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i think jay is wolfing, and it would not shock me at all if he was w/w with sloonei. this obviously needs more exploration, but my feeling right now is jay is not town
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:47 am
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:18 am jay, can i get some more non-sloonei related thoughts please? do you have any reads besides not trusting alison?
tutuu is town. You're town. I think SPF seems town. The more careful language there is deliberate.

I am not conclusively town on nutella, for similar reasons to Alison albeit with a weaker stance on my part. Her suspicion of Sloonei is almost token; I don't know why she was suspicious of you or opened with the dichotomous read between you and Sloonei. There's a hint of caricature in her posts.

i don’t mean to toot my own horn or flex or anything but it’s... kinda weird to me that you would confidently declare me town so early when i was able to fool you in finals. you’re not paranoid of me at all? like, what makes me such an obvious villager to you here? why am i out of my scum range?
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:21 am i also basically accused sloonei of making up that read. am i fake? and what’s your read on martin then?
Nah. Alison said it first and it fit into your preconception of Sloonei being suspicious, and I sense innocent bias in that. I have no idea about Martin.
I don't concern myself with paranoia. I think it's actively bad to think about the game that way, and much of my own approach to Mafia is about Not Doing That. If you're mafia then it will be my task to figure that out. I am still going to make my reads as they are in the moment without necessitating "but they fooled me last time" being something critically important. I have believed the posts you have made. That's what I care about.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I object to being below sloonei and thunal, they are both definitively within their scum ranges and I feel I'm pretty definitively not within mine but ok take your time
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:49 am i think jay is wolfing, and it would not shock me at all if he was w/w with sloonei. this obviously needs more exploration, but my feeling right now is jay is not town
Read me as you will, but I would request that you do your best to avoid preflip associations involving me. It's not going to prove helpful to your solve long-term if you are town, and it can be quite harmful.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:52 am I object to being below sloonei and thunal, they are both definitively within their scum ranges and I feel I'm pretty definitively not within mine but ok take your time
The notion of "scum range" is also something that doesn't tend to define my hunting approach. I think that term is sorely overused and generally misused. If I ask myself "who has made posts that cannot be mafia posts?", the answer is literally "nobody". I don't care about "range". I see posts and I make judgments.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

hourly reminder that i am a hydra of iaafr and tsp
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] say something

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:52 am
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:47 am

I don't concern myself with paranoia. I think it's actively bad to think about the game that way, and much of my own approach to Mafia is about Not Doing That. If you're mafia then it will be my task to figure that out. I am still going to make my reads as they are in the moment without necessitating "but they fooled me last time" being something critically important. I have believed the posts you have made. That's what I care about.
okay
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:53 am
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:49 am i think jay is wolfing, and it would not shock me at all if he was w/w with sloonei. this obviously needs more exploration, but my feeling right now is jay is not town
Read me as you will, but I would request that you do your best to avoid preflip associations involving me. It's not going to prove helpful to your solve long-term if you are town, and it can be quite harmful.
to clarify, my read on you is independent of my sloonei read. as in, i think you’re scummy independent of sloonei’s alignment

im not locked in on this, but im not feeling those town!jay vibes yet. you don’t feel right

i hope im wrong about this though, and look forward to exploring it more tomorrow. keep doing your thing

really gotta sleep now. gn all
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:58 am @Sloonei say something
I am distracted and tired but have had exactly one half of an eye on things. I will have detailed thoughts on the things people have said about me in the morning. The ubiquitous SloonJay w/w paranoia is tedious.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:47 am Hally why did you townread Alison?
because i agree with her reads so far
Hmmn that doesn't really seem to justify how highly you townread her.
#127 you quoted the posts Alison made that you townread.
Townread tutuu and scumread Sloonei: pretty consensus among the players who posted.
The comment on Martin... Exist.

She also gut scumread me, so do(did?) you like... Agree? :ponder:
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sloonei has been playing among us for hours, he's more invested in that than this game, obv wolf rand

also i saw him vent
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

that's ogi and i probably shouldnt have said it but is joke
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:59 amim not locked in on this, but im not feeling those town!jay vibes yet. you don’t feel right
Not surprised. What became evident in the semifinals and finale is that [at least with a post cap], I quite literally cannot clear myself. I'm not sure if I am subject to different standards than ~most, or if my style just doesn't convey a sense of energy, or what -- but it's something I will have to contend with. I think in "normal" games it's a bit more trivial, as spamming mass-posts makes energy and enthusiasm a lot more apparent. In these contexts I have to restrict myself to handle the cap responsibly, and I end up sounding like a robot. Game 6 was an exception, though that was also everyone's first exposure to my effort level. The paranoia could set in for the next two rounds. I am ready for nutella to lock me as mafia. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

too much goof pee face
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:08 am too much goof pee face
My favorite emoji by a mile

I got vague TMI vibes from Carotte's take on Sloonei.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:09 am
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:08 am too much goof pee face
My favorite emoji by a mile

I got vague TMI vibes from Carotte's take on Sloonei.
I could see that I guess. I was more so vaguely distressed by her entry into the thread like "hey guys i have this fully formed read on thunal" out of nowhere with zero reference to the sloonei discussion. I don't mean to sound like people aren't allowed to start posting without weighing in on the current topic, but it was just sorta jarring to me.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

oh hey speaking of G6 both SPF and Carotte are here how bout that colon three cat emoji thing :3:3:3

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I ran through Thunal's posts to check out my town-inclined intuition. I like the progressions/language of their reads. I have one question for [mention]Thunal33[/mention]: any suspects? You've given town credit to Martin, Alison, nutella, and Hally (perhaps among others if I missed them). I appreciate POE work; I just don't know your game. Perhaps you can chirp in too [mention]Hally[/mention] -- do you associate that kind of POE-centric methodology with Thunal?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I think Sloonei's behavior absolutely has warranted a "I think he's making this up". That was the thought I (and a few others) had when reading his posts, so I don't know why it's inappropriate to write it down in text. The reason I said Martin has already pocketed me is because he plays in a way that I find pretty textbook and relatable, which makes it easier to vibe with his mindset and townread him (which I do).

I think Thunal is null. Carotte's point about Thunal is interesting and it makes me go up on her slightly. I still have her as a slight scum lean on the balance of probabilities, but it's a point in her credit. I have mixed feelings about JJJ.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 219

Post by staypositivefriend »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:31 am
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:27 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:23 am I think SPF seems town. The more careful language there is deliberate.

I had to chew on this tidbit of self-awareness for a while
Her tone seems appropriate. Her posts seem fine. I am just not quite seeing the screaming-obvious townie that I remember yet. The game is very young.
honestly, this is exactly how i feel about you. your posts are okay so far, but there is nothing in them that screams: "yeah, jagged is definitely town" like your posts generally do. even though your reads are going against the consensus, i haven't really seen any of the unique/thoughtful observations that make it easier for me to trust you. i ran into this exact same problem with you in sf3, too
-i definitely have reservations about jagged so far, but this is a pretty bold statement. why do you think he's wolfing?
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:01 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:58 am @Sloonei say something
I am distracted and tired but have had exactly one half of an eye on things. I will have detailed thoughts on the things people have said about me in the morning. The ubiquitous SloonJay w/w paranoia is tedious.
-fwiw, i don't exactly love the framing of this post. sloonei seems more frustrated with the specific concept that he is paired with jagged, and not with the fact that a number of people are actively scumreading him. considering how super bothered sloonei got when he was scumread incorrectly in the final champs game, his lack of concern here is surprising

-i actually like carote's thoughts about thunal on #191 - primarily because i perceived the posts that martin was townreading thunal for in a completely different way than martin did, and carote going out of her way to attack that specific read strikes me as something that's more likely to come from someone playing w/a town mindset

my only concern with carote so far is that i feel like her posts are largely dissociated from the broader context of the game - her thoughts are good but they aren't exactly pertinent. i have no idea who carote trusts the most, and the way that she brushed aside the concerns about sloonei with no further concern/questioning actually rubbed me the wrong way a bit. if carote is town and she believes sloonei is being pushed as town for a bogus reason, then shouldn't that motivate her to dig into those pushes and see who is doing it opportunistically? i don't see a lot of follow-through from carote's thought process. i started this post with a townlean on carote but i actually might have talked myself into a null read
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:19 am oh hey speaking of G6 both SPF and Carotte are here how bout that colon three cat emoji thing :3:3:3
-i love that this game is a g6 reunion = )
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Alison wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:02 am I think Sloonei's behavior absolutely has warranted a "I think he's making this up". That was the thought I (and a few others) had when reading his posts, so I don't know why it's inappropriate to write it down in text. The reason I said Martin has already pocketed me is because he plays in a way that I find pretty textbook and relatable, which makes it easier to vibe with his mindset and townread him (which I do).

I think Thunal is null. Carotte's point about Thunal is interesting and it makes me go up on her slightly. I still have her as a slight scum lean on the balance of probabilities, but it's a point in her credit. I have mixed feelings about JJJ.
you're saying that you think carotte's point about thunal is interesting - but is it factoring into your read on thunal at all?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i have nutella and martin as my two strongest townreads so far, and the rest of my reads are a little bit messy right now. i want to trust hally/tutuu but my brain isn't quite there yet
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 420

Post by tutuu »

YOOOOOO IF IT AINT JAGGED TO JIM TO THE JAX TO THE JIMBO JEREMY QUADRUPLE JAY

FINALLY i get 2 play with him. J-J-JUICY

Wtf is this professional mafia game with all professional finalists and shiet

Im imagiing yall in a meeting with suits and ties and stuff, discussing official business and talking in an official tone, while me ans the L to the C be outsise cleaning the windows, lookint at yall aristocrats inside and bein like "man SCREW THESE GUYS" and then like "hell yea fam" and LC asks me "huh tutuu what does the word fam mean?" and i facepalm and accept my place in the world
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:21 am
Alison wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:02 am I think Sloonei's behavior absolutely has warranted a "I think he's making this up". That was the thought I (and a few others) had when reading his posts, so I don't know why it's inappropriate to write it down in text. The reason I said Martin has already pocketed me is because he plays in a way that I find pretty textbook and relatable, which makes it easier to vibe with his mindset and townread him (which I do).

you're saying that you think carotte's point about thunal is interesting - but is it factoring into your read on thunal at all?
No. Carotte was essentially saying that Thunal was trying to blend in and their responses felt awkward and unnatural. But I expect some amount of blending in/discomfort when someone plays in a completely new forum with a playerlist that self-admittedly intimidates them. So I don't think it's super AI of Thunal to play in this way.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I actually am not a huge fan of how the response from both JJJ and Sloonei to the theory of a JJJ/Sloonei wolf game has been "I'm tired of people always theorizing about JJJ/Sloonei wolf teams". If you think about it, that is actually an AtE defense (albeit a more polite and subtle kind), since it doesn't actually do anything to rebut the theory that they're wolfing together.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i wanna tr my gurl alison cuz her first few posts i just read were very agreeable to me. Well agreeable is usually used as a scumtell actually but like what i mean is i just agree with them; i think shes town for seeing the game thru the same lens i saw it; mostly scumreading sloonei and townreading me (i townread myself after page 1 i was so surprised yall arent putting me in ur top town spots already)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:14 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:10 pm hally/sloonei actually always contains at least 1 wolf here
why?

(i'm trying not to post every single thought/question i had because i want to conserve my post count, but it's really hard not to)

@hally - what were the main takeaways that you got through your catch-up of the thread? who looks the towniest to u?
100 posts are way more than enough darling; i be posting every thought and i dont give a FUCK boye
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm not super bothered by the lack of pertinence in Carotte's responses. Townies will have different lines of investigation to pursue and I have often completely ignored the "big debate" in a thread or addressed it briefly and dismissively because I think it's a pointless distraction.

I am far more concerned with the lack of engagement in the sense that Carotte has shown less interest in sorting people than I expect her to. Her take on Thunal made me go up on her a little because it's better than "say hi and dip", but as mentioned earlier, I still scumlean her overall because she hasn't done anything with Sloonei/the people scumreading Sloonei, or given takes on anyone but Thunal.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Thunal33 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:33 pm Also, I'm kind of intimidated by this playerlist lol. 4 champs finalists and players like Nutella and Alison who I've played with and know they're good?
Dont worry girl im here to balance things out
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ok nutella-chan town (dont gave anything to add, im just reading ppls townreads on her and i nodded my head)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

God damn it this is gonna be the dumbest read ive made in a while but i want to townread hally cuz they out spf in top town and didnt elaborate at all until asked. So like this is based off of the assumption that hally if they were mafia, would be more aware that they should probably be consistent and explain their reads and stuff, and they would be cautious about explaining all their reads except the top town one (spf), so it looked to me like a town not caring about apperance in this small instance
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I would prefer not to shoot sloonei

tutuu wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:00 am God damn it this is gonna be the dumbest read ive made in a while but i want to townread hally cuz they out spf in top town and didnt elaborate at all until asked. So like this is based off of the assumption that hally if they were mafia, would be more aware that they should probably be consistent and explain their reads and stuff, and they would be cautious about explaining all their reads except the top town one (spf), so it looked to me like a town not caring about apperance in this small instance
No this is a good read I’ll sheep it
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Omg ily nookie

Also sorry guys but i dont read long posts i dont got no clue what yall on about about jay and carotte and all those big wall stuff. Its alright. Ill pick it up by context later. *smiles and waves*

Town vote: tutuu
Scum vote: sloonei
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Oh i know ill keep track of the phantom vote tally i can make myslf useful that way

Also who knows, mistakes happen from time to time ... 1 or 2 extra town votes on me, 1 or 2 less town votes on my competitors .... anything can happen ... its human to make mistakes right guys hehehehe
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:00 am God damn it this is gonna be the dumbest read ive made in a while but i want to townread hally cuz they out spf in top town and didnt elaborate at all until asked. So like this is based off of the assumption that hally if they were mafia, would be more aware that they should probably be consistent and explain their reads and stuff, and they would be cautious about explaining all their reads except the top town one (spf), so it looked to me like a town not caring about apperance in this small instance
this is part of what's pushing me to townread hally - when i asked them why they were tr'ing me when they didn't out a read on me in their catch-up, they basically just said: "you're town because i said so", lol. i noticed that hally had a tendency to explain their reads in hyper-detail during the final game of champs, and the fact that they broke this meta explicitly to avoid explaining their townread on me feels like something that would be bold as hell for hally to do as mafia - especially since hally would know coming into this game that im more paranoid of them
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Tutuu
Nutella
Alison
Long Con
Hally

Sloonei

Sorry martin and thunal i havent been paying much attention to u cuz we re stranges and im cautious to give reads on ppl i have no experience with. I will try eventually but i will be very low confident about it

I might groan and force myself to read some walls cuz i wanna read more about carotte, i was nodding along the 2-3 sentences i managed to catch from alisons posts about her being scum as i was skimming over
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

iight sis

(i just didnt wanna leave u hanging)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:38 am I actually am not a huge fan of how the response from both JJJ and Sloonei to the theory of a JJJ/Sloonei wolf game has been "I'm tired of people always theorizing about JJJ/Sloonei wolf teams". If you think about it, that is actually an AtE defense (albeit a more polite and subtle kind), since it doesn't actually do anything to rebut the theory that they're wolfing together.
This looks fake too.

"That is actually an AtE defense", whether true or not (I don't get it), says nothing about whether it is genuine. I don't think either of us made an effort to "rebut", because the accusation means so little at this point. I'm not mafia. I don't know about Sloonei, but we cannot be teamed. We can be sarcastic about the notion, because it is an age-old meme. I used to make fun of Epignosis back in the day for making the token "JJJ and Sloonei are teammates" accusation at least once per game thread.

This post has little hunting value unless you believe us to be actual mafia teammates. Is that what we are?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:20 am Tutuu
Nutella
Alison
Long Con
Hally

Sloonei

Sorry martin and thunal i havent been paying much attention to u cuz we re stranges and im cautious to give reads on ppl i have no experience with. I will try eventually but i will be very low confident about it

I might groan and force myself to read some walls cuz i wanna read more about carotte, i was nodding along the 2-3 sentences i managed to catch from alisons posts about her being scum as i was skimming over
Please tell me about Long Con and thank you

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:40 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:35 pmGroovy?
wait u rly dont know groovy? ur between gen X and millenials right. interesting u never heard of it. it means, like. swag

i wanna townread the L to the C cuz he seems very very preoccupied with expanding his slang vocabulary. i vibe with it (like i can empathize with posting itt whatever u want and not caring if ppl might not townread u when u rand town)

its a bit of a stretch logically thinking but i emotionally speaking it feesl good about making the read so here we go
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If [mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] gives me just one nice hunt-oriented post I will give him a free town read, as long as I feel the effort was genuine.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:26 am
Alison wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:38 am I actually am not a huge fan of how the response from both JJJ and Sloonei to the theory of a JJJ/Sloonei wolf game has been "I'm tired of people always theorizing about JJJ/Sloonei wolf teams". If you think about it, that is actually an AtE defense (albeit a more polite and subtle kind), since it doesn't actually do anything to rebut the theory that they're wolfing together.
This looks fake too.

"That is actually an AtE defense", whether true or not (I don't get it), says nothing about whether it is genuine. I don't think either of us made an effort to "rebut", because the accusation means so little at this point. I'm not mafia. I don't know about Sloonei, but we cannot be teamed. We can be sarcastic about the notion, because it is an age-old meme. I used to make fun of Epignosis back in the day for making the token "JJJ and Sloonei are teammates" accusation at least once per game thread.

This post has little hunting value unless you believe us to be actual mafia teammates. Is that what we are?
I don't think it's AI for you to be tired of JJJ/Sloonei tinfoils. The part I'm concerned about is that you're using that as a replacement for actually defending yourself or trying to show your towniness. Like this applies to Sloonei especially because he used a very similar defense ("nutella always scumreads me") instead of trying to engage with nutella to show her that he's town, or rebutting the case that nutella had on him. That bothered me quite a lot when he dismissed the case nutella had as "nutella tinfoiling me is on brand".

I generally think that this behavior increases both of your individual scum equity slightly, but it doesn't do much to make me suspect the specific team of JJJ/Sloonei.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:31 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:40 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:35 pmGroovy?
wait u rly dont know groovy? ur between gen X and millenials right. interesting u never heard of it. it means, like. swag

i wanna townread the L to the C cuz he seems very very preoccupied with expanding his slang vocabulary. i vibe with it (like i can empathize with posting itt whatever u want and not caring if ppl might not townread u when u rand town)

its a bit of a stretch logically thinking but i emotionally speaking it feesl good about making the read so here we go
Okay thanks. I don't really feel that, but that's fine. I don't "suspect" him, at least.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Rackets”