[TOWN WIN] Lost in Space Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 76

Re: [D1] Lost in Space Mafia

Post by DrWilgy »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:51 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:50 pm Now @Fext, I reckon you talk alot, but I ain't quite sure what you're thinkin.

Which rascals are scum and what's your thoughts on my exchange with creature?
bruh
Yessir? How may I help you?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 315
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:51 pm if the rest of y'all wanna fight me on LC that's fine but I'd imagine somebody under pressure to perform from just having won a scum game that surprised everyone would probably feel a bit more... crafted? specific? in their posting

NAA made me :blush:

and after last game I am hesitant to give you too much cred sorry not sorry (although do feel free to elaborate on what makes you obvtown, by all means :P)
LC's played like 3 games since then. That game is kinda old news at this point.

That isn't a good reason for NAA.

It is obvious that I'm obvtown. No need for elaboration beyond that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:54 pm
Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:51 pm if the rest of y'all wanna fight me on LC that's fine but I'd imagine somebody under pressure to perform from just having won a scum game that surprised everyone would probably feel a bit more... crafted? specific? in their posting

and after last game I am hesitant to give you too much cred sorry not sorry (although do feel free to elaborate on what makes you obvtown, by all means :P)
LC's played like 3 games since then. That game is kinda old news at this point.

That isn't a good reason for NAA.

It is obvious that I'm obvtown. No need for elaboration beyond that.
You're wrong. Any reason is a good reason to town read NAA.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fext
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 143

Post by Fext »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:52 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:50 pm Now @Fext, I reckon you talk alot, but I ain't quite sure what you're thinkin.

bruh
bruh

anyways how do we feel about mac literally being the reason the game started early then doing like one pop-in to throw around some weak townreads
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

personally not sure I really see the point behind either of the ones he gave out
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:46 pm if I had to gth reads rn it'd look something like these two groups, townier one on top

NotAnAxehole
Creature
falcon45ca
Lime Coke

DrWilgy
MacDougall
Seanzie
Alison

although frankly I'm not confident I could put all of those into words I am open to being asked for what elaboration I can provide on a given player

also if I wrote this list again in an hour it could probably look completely different since I really am trying to build reads out of scraps
I gotta say Fext, this post ain't no good look for you.

Creature being so high up is either a teammate interaction or it's revealing too much info.

Alison and I being so low as well. Well now, I just don't know about that.

At first, I did agree with what Ms. Alison had to say about you and that rascal LC, but I also liked both of your initial responses. This, however, well this just ain't right.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:59 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:52 pm

bruh
bruh

anyways how do we feel about mac literally being the reason the game started early then doing like one pop-in to throw around some weak townreads
I believe I posted initially typing when you provided that read list. I'll thank you fee that. I would still like to know why you have creature where they are.

Well, that good sheriff Mac I do expect more out of, but I also know him to be a busy man of late. I'll not have him around at f5 on this content, but as it stands right now, I reckon he's doin his duty
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

I have a crazy tinfoil theory that makes me think Fext might be scum.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

do tell
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:17 pmdo tell
First you have to promise to townread me for having such a crazy tinfoil theory.

Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

also I sympathize with Creature's thoughts about the gamestate and therefore it's more likely imo we're on the same team

also it can't both be a teammate interaction AND too much info - he's either exactly scum or exactly town, there is no in-between
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:18 pm
First you have to promise to townread me for having such a crazy tinfoil theory.
given last game

no deal
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:20 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:18 pm
given last game

no deal
Then no crazy tinfoil theory for you.

Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

also Alison came in, threw shade on people I think are townier and townread somebody I don't and then dipped

what part of that makes it so that I simply must townread her
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:20 pm also I sympathize with Creature's thoughts about the gamestate and therefore it's more likely imo we're on the same team

also it can't both be a teammate interaction AND too much info - he's either exactly scum or exactly town, there is no in-between
Alright, but game state aside, what do you have on creature?

And your nit-pick of my words is noted. What does that do fer ye? What conclusion have you drawn from that now?
Image Image Image
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 63

Post by falcon45ca »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:23 pm also Alison came in, threw shade on people I think are townier and townread somebody I don't and then dipped

Who are the townier folks in your mind? Why are they towny?

Who do you see as scum currently?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

what I have on creature is that he feels similarly to me despite others bashing him for expressing his thoughts

as I already said

not sure what deeper meaning you're searching for but it doesn't exist

also it's not a nitpick if you're pushing me because "regardless of whether creature is scum or town, you reading him in your townier group is always malicious" to call that out as being gross

he can either be one or the other and you choosing to always ascribe that to pointing towards me being evil is senseless at best and outright malicious itself at worst
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:33 pm
Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:23 pm also Alison came in, threw shade on people I think are townier and townread somebody I don't and then dipped

bruh
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:33 pm

bruh
I mean, you've got LC at the very bottom of your town list, and Alison has thrown sus their way. Why are you town reading them?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:33 pm what I have on creature is that he feels similarly to me despite others bashing him for expressing his thoughts

as I already said

also it's not a nitpick if you're pushing me because "regardless of whether creature is scum or town, you reading him in your townier group is always malicious" to call that out as being gross

he can either be one or the other and you choosing to always ascribe that to pointing towards me being evil is senseless at best and outright malicious itself at worst
Now let me say this partner, I reckon you have nothing to put him in your town leans. You putting him in your town leans is a take that I don't like and feels malicious regardless if you're right or wrong. That was the point.
Image Image Image
Fext
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fext »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:40 pm

bruh
I mean, you've got LC at the very bottom of your town list, and Alison has thrown sus their way. Why are you town reading them?
bruh

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:51 pm
Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:33 pm what I have on creature is that he feels similarly to me despite others bashing him for expressing his thoughts

as I already said

Now let me say this partner, I reckon you have nothing to put him in your town leans. You putting him in your town leans is a take that I don't like and feels malicious regardless if you're right or wrong. That was the point.
well they're my reads not yours so you can kindly take a hike
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:05 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:40 pm

bruh
bruh

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:51 pm

as I already said

well they're my reads not yours so you can kindly take a hike
Now now, no need for so much animosity. Why would you, dear member of our good town, resort to telling me off rather than convincing me that your read on creature, who has no opinions mind you, is in fact genuine?
Image Image Image
Alison
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:16 am
Alison wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:48 am By typical NAA bullshit I assume you mean the naked voting. Why is NAA on his typical NAA bullshit as town and not scum? He intentionally 0 posted the entire D1 of BTAS as wolf, so he definitely does weird shit as mafia too.

Why is "pointing out a single post and outing a read based on it" a thing Mac does as scum when it's one of the most common behaviors by any player in any game?

You're pulling on a lot of meta arguments here but none of them make any sense which makes me think you are mafia trying to replicate your town game of using meta to read people. The "I can read Mac after 5 posts" stuff in particular felt particularly performative (which you have admitted it was in #89) and looked more like a shallow attempt at replicating your usual meta shields on people except without the substance to back it up. Not a fan of you walking it back when pressed about it either, when town LC is stubborn about his meta reads.
I mean you're not wrong on those two being meta reads.

NAA did 0 post as mafia D1, but he also nearly 0 posted in Team Fortress Mafia...so that measurement is off the table.
His naked voting can go either way, I felt like him saying he was voting Mac first before naked voting Fext was on brand with something he'd just do as town as a sort of "I could care less about what everyone is thinking about what I'm doing" way at the time.

Mac as I said was towny stuff for him scumreading me early because of him not wanting me to fool him again in a small game, and could see him doing what he's doing to pressure me and see what I'm going to do in response.

However it popped into my mind when I read your post for some reason that when Alexa was under the Blaze account she did her giant meta-case on Mac and talked about one of the things he does as scum is quote a few random posts, slap a read on them, 1 post at a time, vote someone, and then disappear.

So that made me walk back my townread on Mac.

In terms of the stuff talking to Seanzie...that's again me deciding to become arrogant and double down on someone doubting my read ability, and since it's Mac I figured I can make reading him look easy.
Yes I know Mac had 2 insane scum games that he won just recently, he can still get lazy and decide to fuck around and open wolf, especially since fatigue from too many wolf rands can be a thing and it could lead to polarizing by circumstance.

Which I already stated I walked it back.
NAA doesn't care about what everyone he's thinking about what he's doing when he is mafia. You know this because, as mentioned, he intentionally posted 0 times as wolf on Day 1. I find it hard to believe that you'd townread him for "not caring what everyone is thinking", especially to the extent that you're ready to regard him as a "clear" and narrow the POE to Creature and Falcon on that basis.
quote a few random posts, slap a read on them, 1 post at a time, vote someone, and then disappear
How's this different from his town game? Can you link the Blaze meta-case?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:29 am It's a matter of how people think, really

If you're gathering early votes as mafia in a game with no PRs in particular I'm sure the very last thing you want is to avoid giving people a fact that may help to lower their suspicion of you. Ergo, I would have found NAA not doing that to have been quite towny.

Basically, it's not a matter of me thinking he'd not have an explanation for why he voted me, but instead just the fact that if he chose to essentially redirect pressure on himself into positive force elsewhere without including a semi-relevant fact in his defense that doesn't actually do anything to help determine anyone's alignment, it would be indicative to me of a focus on solving over self-defense at a time when that would conventionally be completely unnecessary to go out of your way to project.

Considering he did not, and so I have not made any definitive statements on his alignment, I'm confused what you're all up in arms about - even if you disagree with my logic there, I'm not using it to make any actual reads in this game at the moment lol
So you're saying that NAA is town for not defending himself when he could have, because as town he'd care more about solving than defending himself, and as scum he wouldn't care about solving and would only care about defending himself. Except that's a false dichotomy, because as town he could easily go "Well, I voted Mac first, but if you wanna know why I voted Fext, here's why: blah blah".

I'm "up in arms" about your logic because I think it doesn't make sense. You were presenting it as part of your thought process, a conditional you were using to evaluate NAA's alignment. If your thought process/conditional isn't coherent, then I'm inclined to think it was never part of a genuine solving process and was just something you made up to look like you were trying to solve NAA.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:05 am given LC is a leading wagon I do have to ask

in poking around I saw he just won a game as mafia where people were like really shocked by his performance

how much does that factor into all of your guys' perceptions of him in this game
I used to clear him for having a pulse. Now I don't.

That's about it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Falcon is looking pretty town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:09 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:46 am Seanzie is town.

Fext isn't.

[VOTE: Fext] aubergine
Why do you think I'm town?
You have shown no signs of wanting to be liked and opened the game by poking at people, which is within your town meta. I liked and agreed with your skepticism about LC's Mac read.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:07 pm no wait it clearly is and I'm dumb for thinking you didn't think it was bs aren't I
Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:09 pm putting that ploy aside

if it helps you any NAA I am in fact town
What the fuck does this mean? What is the "ploy" referenced?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:03 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:41 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:26 pm This game is so disappointing
Yeah, the game has actually been very civil, so this seems weird to me... Though, it also seems genuine to me, so that's also weird.
Uncivil games can be fun sometimes. This game, on the other hand, feels to have progressed so slowly.

Also who tf had falcon and me as wolves because they townread everybody else? Feels so weird to have that many townreads atp.
Why would you be upset about this, given your meta in general along with the specific way you have been acting this game?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:46 pm if I had to gth reads rn it'd look something like these two groups, townier one on top

NotAnAxehole
Creature
falcon45ca
Lime Coke

DrWilgy
MacDougall
Seanzie
Alison

although frankly I'm not confident I could put all of those into words I am open to being asked for what elaboration I can provide on a given player

also if I wrote this list again in an hour it could probably look completely different since I really am trying to build reads out of scraps
Why is Creature on top?
Alison

Post by Alison »

#91 and #92 strike me as crafted, specific posts that emanate a strong desire to be townread and explain/justify his actions (which would jive with someone who's under pressure to perform well as scum).

In #89 and #91, he talks about his response to Seanzie questioning his Mac read.
I took a "I'm going to prove you wrong for doubting my read and lock Mac town in response to make myself look good by correctly reading him after 5 posts" approach.
In terms of the stuff talking to Seanzie...that's again me deciding to become arrogant and double down on someone doubting my read ability, and since it's Mac I figured I can make reading him look easy.
Again, this points towards someone who has an "out to prove myself" mindset, and suggests that his brash attitude towards Seanzie was artificial to at least some extent.

What about LC's posts strike you as organic and free flowing?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:20 pm also I sympathize with Creature's thoughts about the gamestate and therefore it's more likely imo we're on the same team

Who suggested it was a teammate interaction/TMI?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:33 pm also it's not a nitpick if you're pushing me because "regardless of whether creature is scum or town, you reading him in your townier group is always malicious" to call that out as being gross

This is nonsense. If you have an incoherent or illogical read on someone, that is suspicious behavior regardless of the alignment of the person you were reading.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:59 pm

Who suggested it was a teammate interaction/TMI?
*tips cowboy hat*
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:02 pm

NotAnAxehole
Creature
falcon45ca
Lime Coke

DrWilgy
MacDougall
Seanzie
Alison

I gotta say Fext, this post ain't no good look for you.

Creature being so high up is either a teammate interaction or it's revealing too much info.

Alison and I being so low as well. Well now, I just don't know about that.

At first, I did agree with what Ms. Alison had to say about you and that rascal LC, but I also liked both of your initial responses. This, however, well this just ain't right.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Thanks. Must have missed that post while reading.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't think Wilgy's read is that objectionable. He's just saying "there's no real reason to put Creature up high, which means you know something about Creature we don't and have an outside agenda regarding him".
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:01 pm
Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:33 pm also it's not a nitpick if you're pushing me because "regardless of whether creature is scum or town, you reading him in your townier group is always malicious" to call that out as being gross

This is nonsense. If you have an incoherent or illogical read on someone, that is suspicious behavior regardless of the alignment of the person you were reading.
Is Fext the designated D1 miselim?

Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Creature »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:36 pm

Thouhht I was the designated D1 mislynch
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Just because you're all bad at wolfhunting doesn't mean whoever is good at wolfhunting is TMIing.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:39 pm Just because you're all bad at wolfhunting doesn't mean whoever is good at wolfhunting is TMIing.
Alrighty partner, how about you tell us who these wolfs are before moving to insult? I don't see you helpin.
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Alison slicing an dicing Fext's logic apart like Anakin vs the Younglings is NAI.

Fun to watch tho

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:41 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:39 pm Just because you're all bad at wolfhunting doesn't mean whoever is good at wolfhunting is TMIing.
Alrighty partner, how about you tell us who these wolfs are before moving to insult? I don't see you helpin.
No longer asking me to describe a rectangle or explain my nonexistent wolfread on Seanzie?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

By all means, show us how it's done plz
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:38 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:36 pm

Thouhht I was the designated D1 mislynch
No.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:42 pm
No longer asking me to describe a rectangle or explain my nonexistent wolfread on Seanzie?
No, but I will ask why you were bothered so much by it. Why would a good member of our town be so distraught by such questions?
Image Image Image
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:44 pm
No, but I will ask why you were bothered so much by it. Why would a good member of our town be so distraught by such questions?
Welp whenever I posted something you'd keep talking about how I ignored them.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Creature wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:47 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:44 pm
Welp whenever I posted something you'd keep talking about how I ignored them.
And so?
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Lime Coke] aubergine

Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 72
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Alison wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:39 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:16 am
Alison wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:48 am By typical NAA bullshit I assume you mean the naked voting. Why is NAA on his typical NAA bullshit as town and not scum? He intentionally 0 posted the entire D1 of BTAS as wolf, so he definitely does weird shit as mafia too.

Why is "pointing out a single post and outing a read based on it" a thing Mac does as scum when it's one of the most common behaviors by any player in any game?

You're pulling on a lot of meta arguments here but none of them make any sense which makes me think you are mafia trying to replicate your town game of using meta to read people. The "I can read Mac after 5 posts" stuff in particular felt particularly performative (which you have admitted it was in #89) and looked more like a shallow attempt at replicating your usual meta shields on people except without the substance to back it up. Not a fan of you walking it back when pressed about it either, when town LC is stubborn about his meta reads.
I mean you're not wrong on those two being meta reads.

NAA did 0 post as mafia D1, but he also nearly 0 posted in Team Fortress Mafia...so that measurement is off the table.
His naked voting can go either way, I felt like him saying he was voting Mac first before naked voting Fext was on brand with something he'd just do as town as a sort of "I could care less about what everyone is thinking about what I'm doing" way at the time.

Mac as I said was towny stuff for him scumreading me early because of him not wanting me to fool him again in a small game, and could see him doing what he's doing to pressure me and see what I'm going to do in response.

However it popped into my mind when I read your post for some reason that when Alexa was under the Blaze account she did her giant meta-case on Mac and talked about one of the things he does as scum is quote a few random posts, slap a read on them, 1 post at a time, vote someone, and then disappear.

So that made me walk back my townread on Mac.

Yes I know Mac had 2 insane scum games that he won just recently, he can still get lazy and decide to fuck around and open wolf, especially since fatigue from too many wolf rands can be a thing and it could lead to polarizing by circumstance.

Which I already stated I walked it back.
NAA doesn't care about what everyone he's thinking about what he's doing when he is mafia. You know this because, as mentioned, he intentionally posted 0 times as wolf on Day 1. I find it hard to believe that you'd townread him for "not caring what everyone is thinking", especially to the extent that you're ready to regard him as a "clear" and narrow the POE to Creature and Falcon on that basis.
quote a few random posts, slap a read on them, 1 post at a time, vote someone, and then disappear
How's this different from his town game? Can you link the Blaze meta-case?
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost5189329

Actually re-reading that I thought it was flat out "tossing reads randomly" but he was trying to pocket everyone in the game.
His reads don't look like a pocket, granted it's only 2, so not as bad as I made it seem.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage

Return to “Previous Hustles”