Moderator: Community Team

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 5

The Wheel of Time Mafia [FULL GAME]

Post by timmer »

The Wheel of Time Mafia
Brought to you by Timmer
The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a Mayor addresses a gathering of trusted locals.

"The world is in a state of upheaval.

Rand al’Thor, the self-proclaimed Dragon Reborn, leaves a trail of chaos and change wherever he goes. Some say he truly is The Dragon, and that The Dark One has broken free of his prison. Others say al’Thor IS The Dark One. Others report seeing the Aiel crossing the Spine of the World, though we all know they are a myth. Other rumours mention that The White Tower has captured al’Thor and gentled him. Or that he has destroyed The White Tower and The Aes Sedai are now his servants!

Whatever the truth is, we are not concerned with events happening far away from here. We have our OWN problems to deal with, HERE, in OUR town.

Many strangers have been seen moving in the shadows at night. Mysterious riders on horseback come and go, many more than have ever been seen in our town. The inns are full, the taverns are bursting with fistfights… not all of this can be attributed to the heat. Something is going on, and it may just have something to do with that al’Thor fellow. Or maybe it is just the heat…

One thing is clear. A very large, very dangerous dance began many years ago when al’Thor was born. That dance has many partners, not all friendly. And maybe, just possibly, some of the people causing trouble in our town are a part of al’Thor’s chaotic wake. Maybe some of them had a hand in CAUSING that chaos.

So let us figure out who these strangers are in our town. We don’t know their names. We don’t know who they align with, if anyone at all. Are they together in groups? Loners looking for trouble? We seem to know nothing… and that scares me.

I will keep you updated as information comes in."
Last edited by timmer on Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My siggie.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The Wheel of Time Mafia

Post by insertnamehere »

Let the braid pulling commence.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh man, is this game going to last ten years and fill thousands of pages?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

thellama73 wrote:Oh man, is this game going to last ten years and fill thousands of pages?
Hopefully Timmer doesn't die before the game is completed. :rip:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

thellama73 wrote:Oh man, is this game going to last ten years and fill thousands of pages?
Yes. :noble:

insertnamehere wrote: Hopefully Timmer doesn't die before the game is completed. :rip:
I will leave mp my notes, just in case. :noble: :noble:
My siggie.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Hedgeowl »

insertnamehere wrote:
I almost said the same, but didnt want to jinx it. :noble:

That said, I would totally play this game even though after reading 6-7 books I barely remember anything about the story.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

:feb:
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I only made it about half way through book 2. :( I feel like I just took a -20 to my nerd.

That said - I would play it too. I love the premise of the books. I just got a little lost about half way through book 2....
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote:I only made it about half way through book 2. :( I feel like I just took a -20 to my nerd.

That said - I would play it too. I love the premise of the books. I just got a little lost about half way through book 2....
You are wiser than I. I made it through book 5 before I realized I was wasting my life.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Hedgeowl wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
I almost said the same, but didnt want to jinx it. :noble:

That said, I would totally play this game even though after reading 6-7 books I barely remember anything about the story.

@ llama - it was hearing more than one person say things like this - that made it really hard for me to keep on keeping on.

I mean I knew - nerd cred ment reading them, they were actually loaned to me. I gave book 2 back partially read. I was just that meh.

the premise is A-MAZING. I love it. I just couldn't keep on keeping on with the books. Especially when fans were telling me how much it left off at the end. :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jason Maher & I talked about hosting this at LP or maybe TP a loong time ago; the mechanics would be challenging, and I really look forward to seeing how timmer handles it. I tried to approach it in a game I have here in the "need work" thread, lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

This game is now actively being built. We've revamped the concept a bit, please see the post at the top!
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Re: The Wheel of Time Mafia [FULL GAME]

Post by timmer »

I'm going to return to this work in progress and make it a reality for 2019/2020/whenever the next queue will allow.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Re: The Wheel of Time Mafia [FULL GAME]

Post by timmer »

Preliminary Role List, with more to be filled in soon...

The Aes Sedai (8)

- Blue
- Green
- Yellow
- Brown
- White
- Red (3) - extra win con: Need all of the Asha'man dead.

Warders (4)

Asha'man (3) - The Asha'man are the male counterparts to the Aes Sedai, able to wield the male half of the One Power. However, the male half is tainted, and using it too frequently will affect these players (SECRETS).

- Asha'man #1 - Each night, can use compulsion to redirect a chosen player's night action to the target of his choosing.
- Asha'man #2 - Each night, can use lightning to stun a player, roleblocking them that night.
- Asha'man #3 - Once in the game, can use balefire on a player. This devastating attack not only kills its target but erases that player's recent past from the world, with potentially dire consequences. (SECRETS)

Children of the Light (2) - The Children of the Light, or Whitecloaks, are an independent militia devoted to hunting Darkfriends. They believe Aes Sedai to be Darkfriends by default, and wish for them to be stamped out. Each night the two Children may submit the name of a player they believe could be their Whitecloak brother. If successful, they gain BTSC. Also each night, the Children submit the name of a player they believe may be a Aes Sedai, and will be told if they are correct. They can use this knowledge to get those players lynched. The Children need all Aes Sedai dead to achieve their win condition.

Aiel (4) - The Aiel are warriors who live on the far side of a mountain range, apart from the rest of the world. Intensely strong fighters, they have begun to cross the mountains in search of their prophesied saviour. Their purpose in the game is secret.

Nobles (4) - the nobles in The Wheel of Time play Daes Dae'mar, the Great Game, constantly positioning themselves for maximum power and influence. Their goal is simply to survive to the end of the game, as survival is everything in the Great Game. Thus, they can win even if Darkfriends remain. Each night, the nobles can submit to the host the name of a player, if that player is a fellow noble, they gain BTSC.

- Noble #1. Twice in the game, can submit a name to the host at the start of a day period. If that day's lynch poll results in a tie, the submitted player will be lynched, instead.
- Noble #2. Each night, cancels one player's vote in the next day period.
- Noble #3. Each night, redirects one player's vote to the target of their choosing.
- Noble #4. Survives first lynch.

A Gleeman - Will learn three facts about the game each night, one of which is true. If they choose, they can compose a short story to be broadcast to the game via the host detailing the one item they believe to be true.

An Innkeeper - Each night, can give a player refuge for the night, protecting them from all night actions.

An Ogier

---------

A Sul'dam - The Sul'dam is a woman who catches female magic users and leashes them with something called an a'dam. Once this leash has been placed, the Sul'dam utterly controls that person's magical actions. The sul'dam will even be able to make the wearer of the leash commit murders in her name, and until the leash is removed the captured player will have no choice but to comply. The Sul'dam may only have one player leashed at a time, and should their connection be broken, it may not be re-established. However, the Sul'dam can then begin hunting for another target.

All roles will appear together as civilians. There will be no listed baddie roles, save for the Sul'dam who is an SK by proxy. In the Wheel of Time, while there are obviously bad guys and good guys, in the cities and towns, the nobles, the Aes Sedai, basically everywhere... there are Darkfriends. These are people who appear to be like everyone else, but they have given their souls to The Dark One in exchange for a promise of power upon his return. Part of the challenge of this game will be in discovering who the hidden baddies are.

All players will need to survive to the end to win the game. Civilians will need the Darkfriends and the Sul'dam dead to win, unless otherwise noted. The Darkfriends will have hidden win cons. The Sul'dam must be the last one standing.

There will be lots more to come.
My siggie.

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”