ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by ColinIsCool »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:14 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm If 3J is bad some heavy interference has been ran by his teammates today.
Name them.

*waves sand dramatically*
Spoiler: show
*sneers*
No.
Then what’s the point of saying this?
My new meta I’m trying out is not responding to things I don’t feel like responding to. I was just giving you a courtesy call.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:13 pm Don't give OoaLH a free pass for no self-preservation imo, tis a dangerous assumption and she has allies if she's bad.
The key word being "if" here.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:15 pmMy new meta I’m trying out is not responding to things I don’t feel like responding to. I was just giving you a courtesy call.
QFT
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:12 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:06 pm If TH is good, Owner still deserves scrutiny. If Owner is bad, check TH’s wagon.
Even though I didn't vote there...hmm. It's kind of funny how one-sided this is.
Your vote is irrelevant in it, imo

I feel for the environment defense but whoever said you looked like you were desperate and over-explaining (Speed?) had it exactly right. I’m sorry if people are wrong about it and you actually are just struggling with the heat but it’s something I’ve seen (and done) too many times in badness before
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:18 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:24 pm [VOTE: Sonjei] aubergine

Hufflepuffs are wimps and he’s from a poor family.

*sneer*
I'm not crazy about jack either. He might be okay, but I don't like how he's roleplaying this vote.
What don’t you like about it?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:15 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm If 3J is bad some heavy interference has been ran by his teammates today.
Name them.

*sneers*
No.
My new meta I’m trying out is not responding to things I don’t feel like responding to. I was just giving you a courtesy call.
Based on your old meta, your new meta is scummy.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:19 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:15 pm
Name them.

*sneers*
No.
Based on your old meta, your new meta is scummy.
:beer:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:14 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:12 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:10 pm It was 5-4 after Soneji's vote for me, Kylemii tied it up and then LC broke the tie.
Okay, yeah, probably 4
It was 5.
Even taking into account the timezones?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Colin is town except you know, his meta says he’s always like this.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sonofa. You better not have a hallows, TH.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Can you imagine a turnip with a cloak of invisibility?? :eek:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

At least my shitty spells will die with me
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Sorry for the delay guys, went walking with my dad and we overextended it a bit.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Polls

Day 1

Who is learning illegal spells?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:35 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

Bullzeye

ColinIsCool

DharmaHelper

Epignosis

Glorfindel

Jackofhearts2005

JaggedJimmyJay
9%

Voters: Epignosis, ColinIsCool

Kylemii

Long Con

Lunalee

MacDougall

Owner of a Lonely Heart
23%

Voters: timmer, Turnip Head, Kylemii, insertnamehere, Lunalee

Quin
5%

Voters: Glorfindel

Soneji

Turnip Head
27%

Voters: nutella, Soneji, MacDougall, Long Con, DharmaHelper, JaggedJimmyJay

insertnamehere

juliets

karavalenge
5%

Voters: Owner of a Lonely Heart

lapluie

novaselinenever
9%

Voters: Bullzeye, speedchuck

nutella

poutanko

speedchuck

timmer
5%

Voters: Quin

Argus Filch (Host/Mod/NP)
18%

Voters: dunya, Sloonei, Dragon D. Luffy, Jackofhearts2005
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Glorfindel »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:27 pm Greetings, my friends! I know very little about Harry Potter - never read the books, seem some but not all of the movies. That said, I only wanted to be in one ‘house’ and as luck would have it, it’s the one I got! :yay:
Glorfindel has been oddly quiet. I wonder if that's a bad thing.
I’ll be honest - I have had an ‘issue’ with this game but I believe that to have all been resolved satisfactorily now. That said, you REALLY need to read back over some of my previous games. I am NEVER a high poster and my availability is always very sporadic.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:11 am The rest of Gryffindor:
INH:

His weighing in on JC/EpI and Owner/DH feels good to me. Otherwise not much content from INH.

Jay:
it looks like Quin was trying to make a joke "Oh so you HAVE a team huh Epi?" and Jay tried to hem him up over it/look for an easy vote. Cutting the "glorf never lies" shit out earns jay a point in my book though. His explanation here Is mondo garbo. "Quin implied it was MafiaEpi vs. CivJC but it could be the opposite but thats just my opinion". Yeah. Thats how mafia works my guy. Votes for LC after agreeing with "himself and Soneji". Cool. the LC suspicion is"LC asked about Veritiserum in the thread and not by PM, and made a joke about Glorf not telling any lie ever" The first part - LC asking about VS in the thread to appear civilian by way of explaining something that doesn't really have any meat to it, I can see. Switches to a NO U Turnip vote. Great. His exchange with TH makes me feel better about Jay and worse about TH.

Kyle:
Buncha fluff. Tossing out town reads like it's Halloween. Friendo needs to get some Gatorade and get his head in the game.

TH:
His thoughts on Epi/JC are good. He agree's w/ me about Owner's slip. Then we get into the Jay/TH thing which I've gone over. Overall I'm 60/40 on TH being bad right now.
Hufflepuff:
Bullz - Only really one post of substance where he calls out Owner for mixing up DH/DA shit. The rest is very friendly heh-haw about the Harry Potter universe and trivia. Yoinks. Thumbs down.

Epi - Already pretty much covered Epi. His JC thing is null for me. I've been around the block with the guy long enough to know he's gonna do his thing and asking him to do your thing is just asking him to punch you in the nuts.

Glorf - Protecting/Buddying Jay. which I've already covered. Jumps on TH for his scummy post and then prods at Quin. I really hate to step on egg-shells when I play mafia but Glorf is a player that kind of forces me to do that sometimes, so I'll say this. Having hosted Baddie Glorf, if I see that Glorf is having a miserable fuckin' time in HOGWARTS of all places, that'll pique my interest. Otherwise, fuck it.

Owner - Not super stoked about the incessant and unyielding obsession w/ me. Already covered a lot of my thoughts on Owner but it boils down to "I think she jumped on me because its easy, her explanation was weird and hinged on Firefly which is also weird because she did the same shit there and I was also town and she was also wrong about every 'slip' or 'tell' or read about me. Also she confused Deathly Hallows with Dark Arts because she knows the Dark Arts abilities and Freudian Slipped."

Poutanko - @Owner of a Lonely Heart Does poutanko's use of those custom smilies so much qualify as a "picture tell", as you put it in Firefly? Not a great deal of content here otherwise. Pegs Owner/Jay for going "too hard" which is sort of the consensus. Eh.

Soneji - Only post is the one where Soneji calls out LC. Decent point.
Ravenclaw:
juliets - I don't take anything from Epi/JC either way. JC isn't a false schemer type of a player, even when she's bad. When she's bad (at leas in the one GOC game that I remember correctly guessing that she might be bad) she was very airy and asked a lot of questions about other peoples thoughts. She agrees here w/ Luna about Jay/Quin. This post is what I mean when I say she was asking a lot of questions about other people's suspects. Asking people to refresh her on the LC case (or lack of). Pings me a bit but I like to watch and wait when JC is concerned. She backs off Jay after Jay/TH which is cool and good.

Long Con - His Veritiserum post has already been covered via other reads, but just to reiterate and quantify: asking about VS as a game mechanic in the thread and not to the host suggests LC wants to appear to be doing legwork without actually bearing any usable fruit. Otherwise pretty friendly in his interactions. I would say I'm half-decent at reading LC, but I've got nothing here worth a ping right now, another watch-and-wait for me. As the game picks up steam I'll have a more solid opinion of LC like I always do.

Lunalee - This post pinged me early because it demonstrated a focus on House Points and not Vote Accountability, which I'm a big proponent of. Her digging into Jay looks ok. Not much otherwise noteworthy. I'm 55/45 on Luna being bad.

MacDougall - Shitposticus Maxima! is the spell that Mac would have made up if he were the Half Blood Prince.

nutella - Another Jay hanger-on. Lots of light/jokey/fun posts. Not really feeling a nutella vote *right now* but Blendium Totalus. am I right? Got 'em.

Quin - Goes in on Glorf for Glorf's protecting/Buddying to Jay, which is Valid. Blasts Timmer for poo-pooing Truthgate, which is meh. Seeing less of the Buttlhole Jerkboi Quin this game which is cool I love you Quin be my friend.
Slytherin:
Jackofhearts2005 - Hunting for Hallows and not baddies. Thumbs down.

karavalenge - Comes away from Owner/DH thinking "Could be both bad and have a Hallow" and "Could just be confused", which is a very political, trying to please everybody answer. Dunks on the Truthgate shit with "Well now I *have* to say I'm town", the rest is a buncha Veritserum speculation. Not gr8 m8.

lapluie - she checked in.

novaselinenever - he did not.

speedchuck - Wants to give everyone who is here a shot at N1 at least, and wants to let Glorf alone RE: "I never tell a lie" stuff which are two points I can get behind. Expains the Hallows to Long Con. Townreading Epi after Epi/JC. says Owner "overexplained" the Hallows thing. Poo-poos Truthgate. I'm gonna need more suspects from Chuck, but good effort-ish for D1, expecially compared to most of his Housemates.

timmer - Dings Kara for poo-pooing on Truthgate. Otherwise not much to go on here. Prods Owner a bit for tunneling me but concedes that might just be "blinders." Nothing bad, but nothing great.
Please allow me to make this abundantly clear - I am NOT (in any way) attempting to ‘buddy’ Jay here. For a start, he’s far too smart to fall for buddying anyway. My comments in respect of him reflect my sincere and deep respect for someone whom I both respect and admire irrespective of his alignment although as I said earlier, I see no caser against him to suggest that he is bad. I do however beleive that his presence in this game is a threat to our Mafia friends and I believe that it is in their best interests to remove him from this game ASAP.

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 1

The Potion Maker

A group of students decided to band together to investigate what had happened. Nutella, Soneji, Mac, Long Con, Jay and DharmaHelper. They went around, questioning other students to learn who could be involved in the murder that had happened near the Gryffindor Tower.

After a lot of investigations, they came up with a lead. Apparently, some turnips were found near the body. That could only mean one thing: DDL had been poisoned with some magical potion that used turnips! And there was only one student who was skilled enough at potion brewing to do that. And he was from Gryffindor, to boot! Never mind that DDL had been killed outside the Gryffindor Tower, not inside, so technically any student had access to that corridor. But the six kids were angry, and they decided they had enough evidence to pursue the culprit.

They approached the suspect, surrounded him, and accused him. He denied everything, so they all aimed their Stupefy spells at him and knocked him down. But maybe that was too much, and being hit by six stunning spells at once ended up being fatal.

Alas, they found no evidence that he was the culprit. In fact, he was carrying a vial of love potion, which suggested he was only trying to find some love.

Turnip Head (Hogwarts Student) was lynched.
Alignment: Hogwarts (Civilian)

Abilities:

[Invigoration Draught]
[Transfiguration]
[Amortentia]
Night 1 Begins!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nights in this game last 23 hours. Please send your actions by then.

[mention]lapluie[/mention] and [mention]novaselinenever[/mention] did not post this day phase so they don't get to use actions in Night 1.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Re: Hogwarts Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

lapluie wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:59 pm helo checking in
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

0 =/= 1
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

rip sorry :sigh:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

Glorfindel wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 pm Please allow me to make this abundantly clear - I am NOT (in any way) attempting to ‘buddy’ Jay here. For a start, he’s far too smart to fall for buddying anyway. My comments in respect of him reflect my sincere and deep respect for someone whom I both respect and admire irrespective of his alignment although as I said earlier, I see no caser against him to suggest that he is bad. I do however beleive that his presence in this game is a threat to our Mafia friends and I believe that it is in their best interests to remove him from this game ASAP.
To put it nicely, this borders on hero worship. It's weird.

RIP Turnip
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

RIP Turnip, I'm sorry to see you go so soon.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:17 pm In fact, he was carrying a vial of love potion, which suggested he was only trying to find some love.
so true
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ay fam just ROOTIN TOOTIN COWBOY SHOOTIN for the rest of tonight, but first gonna catch TF up
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Several posts into my readback and Owner hasn't addressed Juliet's post asking her some very hard hitting questions.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:28 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:31 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:02 pm
So you are voting DH because he was a civilian in the a completely different game and you suspected him there?
I have my reasons, or it could be DH just reads scummy each game. (that could be a thing; I would need to have played more games with him to test this theory).

But I think he's being different.
So Owner, I am reading through your posts and I didn't see any further explanation but my apologies if you've already answered this. You say:
1. You "have your reasons" - so what are those reasons?
OR
2. DH reads scummy in every game but you haven't played enough games with him to know (I personally don't think he reads scummy here)
OR
3. You think he's being "different". Different from what? The game you played with him where you thought he was scummy but he was civ? What differences do you see and are you talking about differences from Firefly or some other game? If it's another game what game is that?

I know people have already commented about your suspecting DH for his play in another game where you thought he was bad but he was really civ, but I'll just add to the comments anyway: if you have other reasons (item number 1) please state them because the reasons you give here don't make a lot of sense to me. If you've already stated what "my reasons" are just point me to that post.
No one is gonna lynch him today even if I state my reasons, that has become perfectly clear.

This is my 2nd game with DH. Certain behaviors, I'll find scummy most of the time. I'm not sure if they are alignment indicative, but working to figure out what the edges of his meta look like.

He's being different from last game where he was town that game. But not everyone plays the same way game to game. I figuring out how far it stretches.

There are a few instances where DH is approaching the situation as I should know better. As if I someone is silently saying are you really gonna play this way again? Which, I've run into in the past when I have tunneled others, but it's difficult to know if someone is still within a particular meta.

If I'm alive, DH gets a fresh look at tomorrow based on the posts he makes tomorrow.
OK here it is a page or so later, Mondo Primo Garbo lets lynch Owner tomorrow fam.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:52 pm
So you are voting DH because he was a civilian in the a completely different game and you suspected him there?
I have my reasons, or it could be DH just reads scummy each game. (that could be a thing; I would need to have played more games with him to test this theory).

So Owner, I am reading through your posts and I didn't see any further explanation but my apologies if you've already answered this. You say:
OR
2. DH reads scummy in every game but you haven't played enough games with him to know (I personally don't think he reads scummy here)
OR
3. You think he's being "different". Different from what? The game you played with him where you thought he was scummy but he was civ? What differences do you see and are you talking about differences from Firefly or some other game? If it's another game what game is that?

I know people have already commented about your suspecting DH for his play in another game where you thought he was bad but he was really civ, but I'll just add to the comments anyway: if you have other reasons (item number 1) please state them because the reasons you give here don't make a lot of sense to me. If you've already stated what "my reasons" are just point me to that post.
No one is gonna lynch him today even if I state my reasons, that has become perfectly clear.

This is my 2nd game with DH. Certain behaviors, I'll find scummy most of the time. I'm not sure if they are alignment indicative, but working to figure out what the edges of his meta look like.

He's being different from last game where he was town that game. But not everyone plays the same way game to game. I figuring out how far it stretches.

There are a few instances where DH is approaching the situation as I should know better. As if I someone is silently saying are you really gonna play this way again? Which, I've run into in the past when I have tunneled others, but it's difficult to know if someone is still within a particular meta.

If I'm alive, DH gets a fresh look at tomorrow based on the posts he makes tomorrow.
OK here it is a page or so later, Mondo Primo Garbo lets lynch Owner tomorrow fam.
Just to keep my Ratio of "Being a Self Important Asshole to Being Legitimately Smart" intact, behold:

Juliets asks Owner some real easy softball questions that are very typical of Juliets, she likes to try and get people to talk through their shit. (Am I wrong, JC?)

Instead of answering even one of those questions here's what we get:

Q: You "have your reasons" - so what are those reasons?
A: No one is gonna lynch him today even if I state my reasons, that has become perfectly clear.
DH: So? Dodging the Question Meta. Juliets asked you why you suspect me, what she didn't say was "Convince everyone in the thread to lynch DH now." Saying "I have my reasons" is intentionally vague and dangerously so.

Q: You think he's being "different". Different from what? The game you played with him where you thought he was scummy but he was civ? What differences do you see and are you talking about differences from Firefly or some other game? If it's another game what game is that?
A: He's being different from last game where he was town that game. But not everyone plays the same way game to game. I figuring out how far it stretches.
DH: Different how? Like a clown? Different like a clown, like I'm here to amuse you? It's my job to amuse you? Juliets doesn't care here *if* you think I'm acting "Different", the meat on this question is "How is he acting different and why is that significant" Two questions you dodged. Neo out here.

I don't even understand this last bit

1. What instances
2. Better than what
3. Who would fuckin' dare tell me how to play mafia
4. Meta is trash please recycle.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Haven't caught up all the way, just got word they need me to do some cattle rustlin'.

Adios Amigos.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Part of me yearns to get on board with the owner suspicions coming out of that lynch, but I can't shake the things that made me think she's civ from earlier in the phase (the original interaction with DH, the dark arts thing that I very firmly read as a townslip, and maybe something else I forget)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Shoulda used a flipendo spell instead. Noobs. *scoffs*
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Anybody who claims to be able to read TH is a liar. Hate that wagon and hate it even more now.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:41 pm Yeah just for that post and to break the tie for above reason, [VOTE: TH] aubergine Love ya buddy but you're not gonna fool me twice chicken soup with rice
Like what even is this. TH’s post said “No don’t do it” so ... you vote them ???
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Bullzeye wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm Don't really have time to catch up before the lynch, but I can see from the Who Posted list that Nova still hasn't checked in so I will vote there today.

[VOTE: novaselinenever] aubergine
Major scum afraid of being the decisive vote vibes here.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

timmer wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:08 pm Ugh, bullzeye whiffs on trying to comment on the trains and votes a missing player?
Timmer is so town.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:24 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:18 pm In my mind, Jay has no reason to feel worried about his meta if he flips town. This only looks bad for his meta if he's, well, bad. He made a point of worrying about his meta, which is why he looks bad to me.
There’s one.

This is only one step short of saying “JJJ admitted he is a mafioso in broad daylight because he had two votes early on Day 1”

There’s no way you believe in what you just typed.

[VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine
This isn’t anywhere close to what TH even said or meant. I have no idea what the legitimate thought process behind this post is. I’m driving to 3J’s house right now.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I think DH came by his view on TH honestly but it was a bad call.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Good:
Epignosis
timmer
DH
INH
Poutanko
Quin
Karavalenge
Jack

Wary:
Kyle
Glorf
Juliets
Long Con
Lunalee
Speedchuck

Shit List:
JJJ
Bullzeye
Owner
Soneji
Mac
Nutella

N/A:
lapluie
Nova
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:44 pm gut read: Epi and Owner are scum mates
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:58 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:31 pm I suspect these people: JJJ, TH, DH, and timmer in no particular order.
Enlighten me about the JJJ read.
Engages with Epi in his player salad post.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 pm This sounds like a bullshit act to me.
Which part? And who?
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:34 pm
I think you're trying to set DH up.
A lot of his posts read scummy to me. Maybe, he'll improve tomorrow, but so far, I don't see it.
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:35 pm
That was a joke.

Or was it.
Hmm. You really aren't helping your case. But then again, I can be pretty annoying too.
Epi tries to distance himself from Owner
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of you.
Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
Owner produces their own player salad post and lists Epi as "null"
If Owner had three or four or five or six votes (I think I heard all of these numbers) around the time this post was made, ask yourself what its purpose was.

The language of this post doesn't suggest "gut" at all, but rather is assertive and sure of itself in a way that doesn't ring true with respect to mere intuition.

"Engages with Epi in his player salad post."

I suppose in this day and age if you name more than two people as suspects, you are guilty of making a "salad" or some nonsense such as that. I named my four top suspects at the time. I ask you, is there a way I can do that without someone being able to characterize it as a "salad?"

"Epi tries to distance himself from Owner"

The biggest issue I have with this particular comment is its circularity: It assumes the conclusion it aims to support is true, which is the only way the premise can be true. This suggests to me that Lunalee is less interested in figuring out if I'm bad or not and more interested in making it look like I am bad should Owner be lynched and be revealed as bad.

" Owner produces their own player salad post and lists Epi as "null""

And? What about it?

I submit that when it appeared likely that Owner was on the way out the door, Lunalee used one of my own favorite mafia tricks in the book: Getting a preemptive start on the next Day.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:37 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:41 pm Yeah just for that post and to break the tie for above reason, [VOTE: TH] aubergine Love ya buddy but you're not gonna fool me twice chicken soup with rice
Like what even is this. TH’s post said “No don’t do it” so ... you vote them ???
Honestly it was just tipped over by that, but I was going to anyway because of the tie with Owner and Jay since I didn't want to lynch either of them. Then TH's post after my vote made me feel even better about it since it looked like backing off of buddying me and spinning around to a no u.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mafia:

Owner
Lunalee
JJJ

That's a player antipasto. :meany:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:24 pm Mafia:

Owner
Lunalee
JJJ

I'm more of a canapé person myself. Or perhaps an amuse-bouche.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:26 pm

Owner
Lunalee
JJJ

I'm more of a canapé person myself. Or perhaps an amuse-bouche.
Gesundheit.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

You are not wrong DH. I want people to talk about what they are thinking when they say things that seem vague to me and I want to understand both sides of the story so I rarely take an accusatory tone. Also it's my nature to ask things politely unless someone has said something hurtful about others.

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:00 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:52 pm

OR
OR

Just to keep my Ratio of "Being a Self Important Asshole to Being Legitimately Smart" intact, behold:

Juliets asks Owner some real easy softball questions that are very typical of Juliets, she likes to try and get people to talk through their shit. (Am I wrong, JC?)

Instead of answering even one of those questions here's what we get:

Q: You "have your reasons" - so what are those reasons?
A: No one is gonna lynch him today even if I state my reasons, that has become perfectly clear.
DH: So? Dodging the Question Meta. Juliets asked you why you suspect me, what she didn't say was "Convince everyone in the thread to lynch DH now." Saying "I have my reasons" is intentionally vague and dangerously so.

Q: You think he's being "different". Different from what? The game you played with him where you thought he was scummy but he was civ? What differences do you see and are you talking about differences from Firefly or some other game? If it's another game what game is that?
A: He's being different from last game where he was town that game. But not everyone plays the same way game to game. I figuring out how far it stretches.
DH: Different how? Like a clown? Different like a clown, like I'm here to amuse you? It's my job to amuse you? Juliets doesn't care here *if* you think I'm acting "Different", the meat on this question is "How is he acting different and why is that significant" Two questions you dodged. Neo out here.

I don't even understand this last bit

1. What instances
2. Better than what
3. Who would fuckin' dare tell me how to play mafia
4. Meta is trash please recycle.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:27 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 pm Please allow me to make this abundantly clear - I am NOT (in any way) attempting to ‘buddy’ Jay here. For a start, he’s far too smart to fall for buddying anyway. My comments in respect of him reflect my sincere and deep respect for someone whom I both respect and admire irrespective of his alignment although as I said earlier, I see no caser against him to suggest that he is bad. I do however beleive that his presence in this game is a threat to our Mafia friends and I believe that it is in their best interests to remove him from this game ASAP.
To put it nicely, this borders on hero worship. It's weird.

RIP Turnip
In truth, your comment above may actually be accurate in characterizing my view of Jay - I wouldn’t dispute it.

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Owner
Lunalee
JJJ

Going from that you are suggesting that Luna was trying to hard bus me today? I would say try again dear sir.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:43 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:24 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:18 pm In my mind, Jay has no reason to feel worried about his meta if he flips town. This only looks bad for his meta if he's, well, bad. He made a point of worrying about his meta, which is why he looks bad to me.
There’s one.

This is only one step short of saying “JJJ admitted he is a mafioso in broad daylight because he had two votes early on Day 1”

There’s no way you believe in what you just typed.

[VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine
This isn’t anywhere close to what TH even said or meant. I have no idea what the legitimate thought process behind this post is. I’m driving to 3J’s house right now.
It was a necessary implication. For me to vocalize concern about my meta such that it could be easily dichotomized between “active civilian” and “lazy mafioso” per TH’s theory is essentially saying that I told everyone I am a mafioso. There’s no mafia-inclined reason for me to express the worry in the first place given TH’s interpretation, thus one is left with that conclusion.

Poor old Turnip Head was wrong. He made a mistake. Me too. So it goes.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention], why were you saying I changed my vote late in Day 1, as if to rescue you? I was nowhere near this game thread and my vote had been on TH for over 24 hours. Indeed when you said that I was in the midst of a four hour drive.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:34 pm @Owner of a Lonely Heart, why were you saying I changed my vote late in Day 1, as if to rescue you? I was nowhere near this game thread and my vote had been on TH for over 24 hours. Indeed when you said that I was in the midst of a four hour drive.
Your vote was the last one in the list of names in the votes at the current time.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:51 pm Good:
Epignosis
timmer
DH
INH