Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 589
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [Day 4] GY!BE Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:That was because I had said and quoted and repeated my reasons for suspecting him many many times before that. If it concerned you why didn't you comment on it at the time? Because you don't care about lynching civs
1) I didn't know he was a civilian then.

2) Posts often don't appear meaningful until thread evidence exists to make them meaningful.

You gave him an ultimatum, placed your vote, and didn't move it. To claim that wasn't a component of your stated reasons is dubious.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:this is also a game where lower than average number of players are bad (21%, compare to e.g. the last game I played, Death Note Mafia, where 55% of players were not civilian). Did you include that game and others like it in your analysis? I said your number crunching was interesting but didn't factor it into my read on AP because I don't believe it is statistically sound, you didn't even mention number of baddies in any of the games you analyzed.
No, I didn't generate a full statistical report with every possible detail checked off. In the time I had to investigate, I dealt with the details I felt were most pertinent: the prevalence of players who barely post to an A Person degree, and the alignments of those players.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:sloonie! Are you the serial killer? :ponder:
No.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 218

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

Percentage who are actually bad is pretty significant , it's impossible to generate meaningful stats without that number.

huh this is interesting
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Once in a while. Most of the time I don't get into hyper-analysis mode until a scum is dead. It's a great way to fit the profile people expect of a generic Town JJJ though when I have any reason to give a shit about that.
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:Percentage who are actually bad is pretty significant , it's impossible to generate meaningful stats without that number.

huh this is interesting
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Once in a while. Most of the time I don't get into hyper-analysis mode until a scum is dead. It's a great way to fit the profile people expect of a generic Town JJJ though when I have any reason to give a shit about that.
Marmot asked me on Day 1 what I might be doing if I was bad.

It's Day 4 and a scum might be dead.

While you're giving me all this crap for making big posts, how about you talk about the content of those posts -- instead of their mere existence.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

I would talk about them if there was meaningful content - almost 3000 words to say "marmot plays a bit goofy and changes his mind a lot" isn't worth dissecting
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

It's alarming that I'm the only person who has even bothered to cross-check suspicions of dead civvies
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Okay.

This conversation isn't worth continuing. I'll leave the other players to judge it however they may.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

triceratopzeuhl wrote:It's alarming that I'm the only person who has even bothered to cross-check suspicions of dead civvies
especially somebody who supposedly has a giant spreadsheet of every game and tries to perform statistical analysis should be doing this... if he was good

but JJJ has instead been thrilled to just use other people's cases all game (including mine), up until the point that some of them started pointing at him (epignosis, Golden, me)
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 162

Post by timmer »

Hmm... I'm really needing other players to weigh in on this, since I think we've achieved a perfect "going around in circles" situation.
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 522
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry for my absence, it's been real busy. I'll be around in a bit here and will try to make as much time as I can before EoD.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

timmer wrote:@Trice (and thus to JJJ who asked my opinion earlier), I feel like you are a strong possibility to be bad, tbh. I'm not following your reasoning on things, and it feels like you are trying to manufacture a JJJ lynch out of very little. That said, your insistence about him being the SK is so specific... it makes me wonder if you are bad and your team somehow knows the SK identity, and it is indeed him. This is just an idle thought, and even if you flip bad, I'm not then going to pursue JJJ as an SK based on the idea, but your specific pointing of the SK finger at him is making me wonder, a bit.

Either way, I'm not voting JJJ today. I'd rather see MM go as his play has been very shifty, but I think if he is not a lead contender, I'll vote you as an alternate.

But, I'd love to hear some thoughts from other players about this.
Why would I have to be bad to know the SK identity? I don't see any mafia roles with that power
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Who has JJJ suspected today?

Me, when I suspect him

Marmot, who suspects him (1, 2)

MP, who posted suspicions of him (1, 2)

Scotty, who suspects him

Lorab, who posted suspicions of him (1, 2)

Epignosis, who posted suspicions of him (1, 2)

Didn't you criticize Lorab for doing basically what you're doing for the past day and a half?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: From this point, her focus has been more about self-defense and answering prompts.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The trend continues with LoRab: limited opportunities to play the game are spent in self-defense.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That is such a complete misrepresentation of what I have done and what I have said that I frankly can't fathom how you'd do it by accident.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Re: [Night 3] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Dom »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
There was no point in your post earlier, just lazy snark. I also never did such a thing, I said he was making stupid posts. Not remotely the same. Is epignosis your teammate or something?
I don't think he has made stupid posts at all. I think you want to delegitimize a player who has been right because it is hard to lynch him and obvious to night kill him.

I voted you. You are probably bad.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:Dom posting the same way I'm criticizing JJJ and epignosis for - deliberately misleading when not outright lies in their accusations. Wouldn't be surprised if all three are bad, civvies can and do play honest the way virtually everybody else has been
lol
triceratopzeuhl wrote:Crooked Epignosis thinks he can keep throwing whoppers after a civvie insanified him, sad!
I already did this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'd like to know where y'all stand on Marmot right now.
indy or civ. i'd be surprised bad atm.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:Timmer, because he got the idea after epignosis threw out the idea that vomps was Moya. It didn't originate with him.

List of people dom has defended or said he thinks are good: Timmer, JJJ, Scotty, BWT, Boomslang, MP, epi

He also defended BWT from JJJ accusations, so you can cross the latter off that list (you can anyway since he's SK not mafia).

Of the above he also leveled accusations of varying degrees at BWT, boomslang and MP on different occasions

Cross referencing with the other two lists I posted, Dom, Lorab, and scotty are the only ones who appear more than once
I defend and accuse lots of people because i have no reason to trust any of you. I don't even understand this post. I'm sure that makes me "idiotic" though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 379
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I didn't want any of this to happen. I just wanted peace and prosperity among my friends and loved ones...

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry for my absence, it's been real busy. I'll be around in a bit here and will try to make as much time as I can before EoD.
FYI I'll be around in an hour max, hopefully before, and will be around until at least EoD.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry for my absence, it's been real busy. I'll be around in a bit here and will try to make as much time as I can before EoD.
FYI I'll be around in an hour max, hopefully before, and will be around until at least EoD.
You can come to the funeral MP, I know you're a good man.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 162

Post by timmer »

After thinking things over, I'm moving my vote back to MM. I'm fine if Trice goes, but part of my thoughts on him are linked to MM, and nothing about MM's gameplay has resembled a civ at all.
My siggie.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

So far 2 bad players have voted for me, and the other two haven't been in the thread since I made my case :shrug2: nothing to do but wait it out
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Dom wrote: I don't think he has made stupid posts at all. I think you want to delegitimize a player who has been right because it is hard to lynch him and obvious to night kill him.
You haven't read most of the last 2 pages have you?
Dom wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:Dom posting the same way I'm criticizing JJJ and epignosis for - deliberately misleading when not outright lies in their accusations. Wouldn't be surprised if all three are bad, civvies can and do play honest the way virtually everybody else has been
lol
Excellent rebuttal, to be frank I'm surprised you even replied. Last time you slung mud at me, which was completely untrue and proven by my response, you ignored my response and started looking for other GOTCHA! moments to pull - your default mode all game so far
Dom wrote:I don't even understand this post.
That's because it ties to my previous several posts, which you don't appear to have read
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

triceratopzeuhl wrote: That's because it ties to my previous several posts, which you don't appear to have read
I'll help you out, though: the point is pattern recognition, figuring out which names constantly appear in leads worth following. "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action" and all that.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Going to start catching up now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [Day 3] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:This Fellow is Not a Civilian
I did not like his reasons for being against the Marmot vote. He broke the tie, and it amounted to him claiming that MP and I only suspected him because he suspected us, which was chronologically inaccurate. It was almost like a brush aside.

I could see a Marmot/Jay team. Heck, I could see a Marmot/Jay/Dom team.
I felt this way too.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:Or maybe Marmot is an innocent bystander.

In any event, epi, I agree about Jay. He worries me. I feel like there is a lack of fire in his opinions. His whole game feels - clockwork, like a man calculating the impact of each post. I can't describe it any other way. He's always bothered me a little but in this lynch it felt much stronger than just tinfoil.
Agreed completely with this characterization. Couldn't have said it better.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:I'll admit that I have no suspicions that are particularly strong, though. I feel like I have a lot more town reads than I do baddie reads.
Generally agreed. Even without a concerted effort to employ POE, I find myself doing it by accident. The suspicions I have voiced lately are my most substantive, but I don't boast the confidence in those reads I would like for a Day 3. Even still the town reads aren't extremely confident; I get the impression that reads are more likely to gravitate toward the gray center in a survival-oriented game. That mindset permeates the thread in a tangible way. I have only played in a couple like this though.
This Fellow is Not a Civilian
How does the text you've enlarged lead you to that conclusion?
You Say You Automatically "POE" But You Have Ignored My Successful Attempt at Calling Out Reasons a Potential Lynch Candidate is Civilian Two out of Three Times: The First Time You Didn't Even Acknowledge What I Said About INH- I Had to Ask You About It, and You Responded with Syntactical Gymnastics, and the Second Time You Were Content to Let the AP Train Run its Course Based on a Small Sample Size that Indicated Odds Better Than the Roll of the Dice, Once Again Not Taking into Account My Point from the Second Day, and I Have Never Seen You Use a Percentage Like That to Endorse Someone's Lynch, Especially on the Third Day, and Additionally, I Have Never Seen You So On Board with Three Low-Hanging-Fruit Lynches in a Row, So No, I Don't Like the Cut of Your Jib (0:23)
This is an epic song title.

Seriously though, this is a good point. I have to admit that a large part of what's bothering me about JJJ right now is that he doesn't seem to care to re-assess everyone in the game or consider that angle.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

To make it clear, I had some beefs with JJJ at the start of the game; other than that he's seemed town enough for me to consistently rank him moderate-ish town, but I've had my fair share of tinfoil. Right now I'd call him a slight or moderate mafia read. But I need to re-assess everyone else as well, especially given the AP results and my extended time away from the thread. It's been busier with grading and trying to get everything done before travelling on Thursday than I thought it would be.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:You Say You Automatically "POE" But You Have Ignored My Successful Attempt at Calling Out Reasons a Potential Lynch Candidate is Civilian Two out of Three Times: The First Time You Didn't Even Acknowledge What I Said About INH- I Had to Ask You About It, and You Responded with Syntactical Gymnastics, and the Second Time You Were Content to Let the AP Train Run its Course Based on a Small Sample Size that Indicated Odds Better Than the Roll of the Dice, Once Again Not Taking into Account My Point from the Second Day, and I Have Never Seen You Use a Percentage Like That to Endorse Someone's Lynch, Especially on the Third Day, and Additionally, I Have Never Seen You So On Board with Three Low-Hanging-Fruit Lynches in a Row, So No, I Don't Like the Cut of Your Jib (0:23)
Your resistance to the INH lynch was not related to the suspicion I stated about INH. Your argument was related to MP's suspicion of INH. No, I was not moved by your argument against someone else's assertions.

I have never used percentages like that before. That statistical compilation is a recent product of mine, and I am only now starting to encounter opportunities to utilize that information. It's an experiment I grant, but I am willing to utilize that kind of aid especially when discussing a player otherwise immune to analysis (too few posts). It didn't work out, oh well. I'm sure I'll try again the next time I see a relevant opportunity.

I don't think INH or DrWilgy were low-hanging fruit. A Person could be called that as any total lurker could be, but I don't really care. If you didn't like that lynch, you didn't do enough to stop it. Merely saying "I don't like it" is not good enough. You also need to provide an alternative, and you did not. So I reiterate this question:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If you could have had anyone lynched you wanted each of these first three day phases, who would they have been?
But I do find this compelling as well, because it bothered me that all these people came out and basically said the INH lynch sucked but did nothing to add to the conversation or present a reasonable alternative.

I don't think that's the case for JJJ's d3 AP vote though, which just is utterly uninspiring. His d1 and d2 votes I can deal with.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I am considering voting for him for today.

Other possibilities for a vote: Scotty, Lorab (but not as likely now that she's done more than just defend herself in every post)

Won't be getting my vote: You, Epignosis

Anyone else is somewhere in the middle.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:If I Had Day 3 to Do All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over Trice
Loving the Caravan reference here, if that is indeed intentional.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Tentatively I'd still consider MM, but I'm in pure catchup and then re-assess mode right now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:The Tricycle Could Interact With Me in One of Several Ways- He Could Ask Me to Clarify Something, Expound Upon Something, Offer Alternative Explanations for My Observations, or Disagree With Me for His Own Reasons...Instead His Activity is to Outright Discredit Me, and if He's a Civilian, There is No Good Reason for Him to Do That Unless He's Convinced I'm Bad
This is a compelling point.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

timmer wrote:I'd like to know where people stand on Dom, as well. I still feel there is a good chance of him being bad, but if I'm still on an island with that, I'll keep it on the back burner.
With Dom, most of the game I was neutral, leaning baddie. But he's slowly moved the needle to neutral, leaning civ. I would like more from him, but what I have seen I am okay with. Throwing out some questions, slightly argumentative/defensive, doesn't care too much about heat or blowback.

Like I said, the main argument I would give for him is that I could stand to see more from him. Especially given we are up to Day 4 now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
timmer wrote:Name your three most likely baddies, off the top of your head.
I Don't Have Three Because That's Not the Way I'm Approaching This
I've never seen someone employ a "POE" quite like this -- near total focus on town reads and minimal focus on baddies. When I use POE, I do work to find townies as a way of reducing the suspect pool, but I still work simultaneously to identify who in that pool is the best lynch option. The method you're claiming here is a rather radical extreme. It isn't necessarily a bad strategy, but what I struggle to understand is your inclination to pass sweeping negative judgment upon those who don't follow each your reads (or more specifically your contests of reads). In these lynches you've opposed, what would you expect [insert civilian] to do with your contributions?

Would you have accepted the lynch of any player at all who you haven't defended without concern over which one?
Yeah, that's how it's done as far as I'm aware.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I would also invite Boomslang, Dom, Epignosis, Sloonei, and timmer to the funeral.

The invitations will not be extended to JaggedJimmyJay, trice.

Others may or may not be permitted. I'm still stricken with grief.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Also, if Marmot was bad I'd expect him to be gleefully defending me right now for WIFOM's sake, because the easy mindset for people to adopt emerging from my Day 3 vote is that JJJ saved Marmot, they're team mates. He's not playing into that falsehood which suggests to me that he is truly trying to discern the truth of what I'm doing.
I'm lost in this point; talk to me more about this when you get the chance.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
timmer wrote:Trice and JJJ? That's awesome to read.

Considering how the Wilgy lynch looks in the polls... do you think Boomslang is likely a civ, then? If I picture a baddie team with JJJ, and trice who voted B2B, it looks like that day's lynch was a gimme for them.
Boomslang is the Only Person Left Alive I Feel Confident is Good
You may have expanded on this already and I haven't read it yet, but why?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
If he was an information role as you believe I don't think he would have lynched 3 civs and been so far off in his reads this game
I mean, I have too. It's really hard to nail 4 baddies in a game of 19 players. What's your point here?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'd like to know what others think of Scotty right now. Each time I look at the player list his name stands out loudly to me.
He needs to be re-assessed, because I'm afraid I had something with him before and he's flying under the radar.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

triceratopzeuhl wrote:I would talk about them if there was meaningful content - almost 3000 words to say "marmot plays a bit goofy and changes his mind a lot" isn't worth dissecting
Okay, NOW I think you're taking this to an extreme. I've gotten a lot more content from JJJ's posts than just that.

Maybe timmer made a good point. Maybe your reasoning on JJJ is the way it is because your pegging him as the SK means you know he is that role. And if that is true, then that makes me worried about you.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

triceratopzeuhl wrote:It's alarming that I'm the only person who has even bothered to cross-check suspicions of dead civvies
FWIW I noticed it. I think one could be bad (Scotty) and the other two I'm neutral on (Dom and Lorab). So you may have a point at looking at those 3 there.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

triceratopzeuhl wrote:Who has JJJ suspected today?

Me, when I suspect him

Marmot, who suspects him (1, 2)

MP, who posted suspicions of him (1, 2)

Scotty, who suspects him

Lorab, who posted suspicions of him (1, 2)

Epignosis, who posted suspicions of him (1, 2)

Didn't you criticize Lorab for doing basically what you're doing for the past day and a half?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: From this point, her focus has been more about self-defense and answering prompts.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The trend continues with LoRab: limited opportunities to play the game are spent in self-defense.
I agree JJJ has suspected you. And then you went and turned it upside on it's head.

I read most of these links. This is what I would consider an awful case to misrepresent JJJ.

I know where my vote is going today now, unless Marmot comes along and really throws shit around.

trice
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey BWT, are you caught up?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:Tentatively I'd still consider MM, but I'm in pure catchup and then re-assess mode right now.
Keep reading. It's why I didn't vote for MM. ;)
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
If he was an information role as you believe I don't think he would have lynched 3 civs and been so far off in his reads this game
I mean, I have too. It's really hard to nail 4 baddies in a game of 19 players. What's your point here?
Timmer suggested JJJ was a civvie role with an info gathering ability. I don't see how this could possibly be the case.
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Maybe timmer made a good point. Maybe your reasoning on JJJ is the way it is because your pegging him as the SK means you know he is that role. And if that is true, then that makes me worried about you.
It doesn't follow logically at all to think that I would have to be mafia to have info on JJJ (if you are assuming that). There are 2 known info-gathering civvies and 6 civvies with secrets. There are 0 known info-gathering mafia members and 2 with secrets.

It also doesn't follow logically to think that I have info on JJJ being the SK, and then come to the conclusion that you should leave him alive to kill another civvie next night in favour of chasing low odds with no basis
birdwithteeth11 wrote: I read most of these links. This is what I would consider an awful case to misrepresent JJJ.

I know where my vote is going today now, unless Marmot comes along and really throws shit around.

trice
How is it awful? It's 100% true, in the past day or two JJJ has only chosen to write about people who have first targeted him. Offer an alternative or rebuttal if you think it's not true.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey BWT, are you able to produce some summarized/quick reads for me (whether rainbow or not)? I'm curious where your head is at right now.

Linki: Same question to Trice.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey BWT, are you caught up?
I am now, yeah. Should be around until EoD.

What do you want to talk about, MP?

Linki: My alternative/rebuttal for today is still MM for lots of things I have already stated. I would be okay if he was gone today as well.

If you think he's a better vote than you, then convince me as to why.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
timmer wrote:@JJJ, reading your posts that have the word Epignosis in them, it does seem like your view on the alignment of Epignosis changed while your thoughts of his particular gameplay didn't, much. To expand: you've acknowledged from Day 1 that Epig was pursuing a specific way of playing, and you suggested early on that a baddie Epig would NOT do this. You mentioned this a few times.

And then, even in light of you trying to post about Epig during your curse, you then afterwards listed Epig as good in a GTH. But only now after he posted the "told you so" style posts after AP's death that had irked me, did you start referring to him as suspicious for the very same gameplay. Is it the told-you-so posts that tipped the scale, for you?

Please explain, because my read feels like you didn't change your mind on how he is playing, but changed your mind on the alignment that it represents. Is that right?
I would say both are true to an extent -- I don't view the way he is playing the same way I did on Day 1, and that change has facilitated a less positive perspective of alignment.

On Day 1, I suggested a baddie Epi would be unlikely to play in a way that isn't prideful -- or in a way that is lazy. I was referring to his posting gimmick, the post-rock song titles. I was not referring to his employment of POE, or his lack of named suspects, or anything game-relevant. To that point, he hadn't put a great deal of original content in the thread, and I said that I would expect a bad Epi to be doing something more with his posts. As the game has progressed, his posts have shifted from their earliest silly flavor to what is currently a very game-relevant and focused flavor, even if the gimmick still holds. I expanded on my Day 2 grievances with Epignosis in Night 2 when I was able to speak. For much of the day I felt he was dicking around with both Golden and I and not making a real effort to understand us.

At the end of Day 2 though he and I ended up voting together, for DrWilgy. Something that has happened with decent frequency in games featuring both a town Epi and a town JJJ has been mutual suspicion which shifts to cooperation. We rarely get through a game without engaging in some kind of combat for whatever reason, but we also have been able to temper that suspicion when it comes to our eventual voting decisions when it's clear neither is being lynched. When he was willing to step away from his suspicion of me on Day 2 and vote alongside me, that's something I appreciated. It was probably the primary reason I gave him the town nod on Day 3.

Then the A Person lynch happened and he saddled the blame for all three lynches on my shoulders. That's another move I recognize, this time recalling a scum Epignosis in Red vs. Blue, in which I -- being the typical Analytic Thread Leader that I tend to be perceived as -- get the blame dumped on me. It's not just blame though, it's accusation. A baddie Epignosis has tried to make me the scapegoat before for erroneous votes I have made (in Red vs. Blue), and on this Night 3 it has felt like that's happening again. Combine that with the fact that I have doubts about whether he was truly invested in preventing the lynches that he told you so'd about after the fact, and that's cause for suspicion. It's why I have tried this night phase to engage a dialogue to understand him better and qualify that read.
I'm not entirely sure why, but this post makes me feel better about JJJ. I realize nothing in here particularly eliminates a mafia-aligned mindset, but I like it. He's walking us through his mindset and from my recollection this all checks out with JJJ's thoughts on Epi throughout various points of the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey BWT, are you caught up?
I am now, yeah. Should be around until EoD.

What do you want to talk about, MP?

Linki: My alternative/rebuttal for today is still MM for lots of things I have already stated. I would be okay if he was gone today as well.

If you think he's a better vote than you, then convince me as to why.
Just reads of as many people as possible, whether town or mafia. I'm trying to get my head back into this game, and it's a bit difficult, and I'm having trouble with what I think of you and Trice, so I'm particularly intrigued in how you feel about everyone else right now.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Studied Argot. Dude Not Enemy. Somewhat Satisfied.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey BWT, are you able to produce some summarized/quick reads for me (whether rainbow or not)? I'm curious where your head is at right now.

Linki: Same question to Trice.
Confident civ: the late Golden, Sloonei, you, me

tentative/probably civ: epignosis, Timmer, MM, sig

Mafia 1: was vompatti
Mafia 2: Dom
Serial Killer: JJJ
Iffy shortlist for Mafia 3: Lorab, scotty, BWT, boomslang

(more info needed): ninja blooper

Return to “Previous Side Missions”